HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: March 05, 2009 11:15PM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > dapjdj Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > Was she really selling carpet?
>
> Word my brother. She fessed up to selling carpet
> then real estate after her brave move to an AM
> station in North Carolina failed.
>
> Don used to simulcast her daytime gigs live, every
> now and then when she was on KBTobacco in NC.
>
> And again, when she returned - in all her glory -
> in the early days of MOMs, she admitted that
> carpet sales and real estate sustained her and her
> daughter until MOMs rescued her.
>
> Even in the D&M days Beth Ann could be an engaging
> on-air, sort of ditzy. maybe horny soccer mom, but
> Don let that go only so far, and MOM, has just had
> her working the phones...maybe she has more to
> offer - but with ego manic MOM, insecure Rob and
> "King of Trannies" Buzz in line before her - who
> will ever KNO?

So what you are saying is that a GM at some hick AM-er in North Carolina could figure out what Mike apparently can't figure out to save his life (or show, in this case), that Beth Ann is worthless. Is that correct?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puckett ()
Date: March 06, 2009 12:23AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:

>
> So what you are saying is that a GM at some hick
> AM-er in North Carolina could figure out what Mike
> apparently can't figure out to save his life (or
> show, in this case), that Beth Ann is worthless.
> Is that correct?

It ISN'T that Mike doesn't get it. As has become a theme on the board of late, the key is that Mike is too apathetic (or possibly frightened) to DO anything about it. In his world, effort = bad, status quo = good.

He's forgotten that "it's not showFRIENDS, it's showBUSINESS."

Posted by: Robb - ratings poison ()
Date: March 06, 2009 10:10AM

An interview with Liz Smith. A huge boost in the ratings in the White-women-65-85-who-live-in-Manhattan demographic. "I fought with Frank Sinatra, then we made up. I fought with Warren Beatty, then we made up. I fought with Donald Trump, then we made up." I was on the edge of my seat!

Date: March 06, 2009 10:16AM

Robb - ratings poison Wrote:
> An interview with Liz Smith. A huge boost in the
> ratings in the
> White-women-65-85-who-live-in-Manhattan
> demographic. "I fought with Frank Sinatra, then
> we made up. I fought with Warren Beatty, then we
> made up. I fought with Donald Trump, then we made
> up." I was on the edge of my seat!

Liz Smith is still alive?

Date: March 06, 2009 01:30PM

This is one of the guys making business decisions for WJFK. It speaks volumes...

JFKer Has Car Mishap While Texting - 3/6 - WJFK middayers Big O and Dukes revealed today that the CBS guy talker's program director, Chris Kinard, recently lost control of his car and had a minor accident while texting on his Blackberry. More soon....

That's pretty funny, until he kills someone.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: March 06, 2009 04:24PM

>
> So what you are saying is that a GM at some hick
> AM-er in North Carolina could figure out what Mike
> apparently can't figure out to save his life (or
> show, in this case), that Beth Ann is worthless.
> Is that correct?

Well, yes. Again, D&M would get access to Beth Ann on air in Carolina and savage her on-air abilities. Then MOM hires her to "produce" his "show".

As for boy-genius, CK - what was he texting when he crashed his car? I'll be a salesperson from JFK sold a $200 account for the MOMS and CK was texting that the station needed to be paid in cash!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Date: March 06, 2009 04:42PM

dapjdj Wrote:
?
>
> Well, yes. Again, D&M would get access to Beth
> Ann on air in Carolina and savage her on-air
> abilities. Then MOM hires her to "produce" his
> "show".

Next thing you know she will used the tricks she learned down in NC to book a compelling interview with an African Studies professor who can talk about the origins of Berber carpet.

>
> As for boy-genius, CK - what was he texting when
> he crashed his car? I'll be a salesperson from
> JFK sold a $200 account for the MOMS and CK was
> texting that the station needed to be paid in
> cash!!
>
> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

He's probably the one of the texters Mike bitches about on the show. He was probably texting "Mike sucks ass and Beth Ann is killing this show."

Posted by: Whatevs ()
Date: March 06, 2009 11:06PM

Can we get a decent pic of BA's new tits? Otherwise this post is getting old.

Posted by: BA's Boobs ()
Date: March 07, 2009 07:37AM

Whatevs Wrote:
> Can we get a decent pic of BA's new tits?
> Otherwise this post is getting old.

Just goes to show that you can't fix ugly with a new set of big breasts....

Big breasts Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: March 07, 2009 12:49PM

It must really burn Mike's ass that he left Massachusetts to attend American University only to suck worse at radio than a high school drop-out who is now a millionaire living in OC.

Big +1!

Posted by: LC ()
Date: March 07, 2009 11:44PM

Memo Wrote:
> After almost of full year of trying, I just cant
> listen to the show anymore. Big O seems to pull
> off a pretty good show just ad libing for 5 hours.
> Mike cant pull off anything remotely close to
> entertainment even with all of his guests and
> games.

MOMS did a great thing by turning me on to the Big O and Dukes show, but that is all they have done for me since MOM got his gig. Big O kicks ass everyday. MOMS seems tired and not interested in entertaining anyone other than themselves. I think that they do a bad job at trying to sell that even THEY are entertained by their crap everyday. Mike is not a leader. It seems that Mike is a "do just enough to get by" type of person. Perhaps he does work at trying to come up with good content for the show, but it just doesn't come off as such. Big O and Dukes work hard everyday to perform well and entertain me, but it doesn't seem like they are working that hard when they get on the air. It just sounds like they are having a good time, talking to each other and to the listener, and entertaining me and themselves at the same time. Mike's show just doesn't come off that way. It sounds like they are uncomfortable with each other everyday they are on the air. I didn't even listen to MOM for the last two weeks and only tuned in briefly because Big O and Dukes mentioned that it was Robbay's B-day. I thought that that show might have potential, but turned it off after 10 minutes when they never really even tried to make it sound like it was going to be fun to listen to. Just another pos show. What more reason would a radio show need to have a hot piece of ass come in the studio to dance and get naked? Maybe they did do that later and I just didn't hear it, but they need to sell it sooner if they want to keep me tuned in.

I miss Don. At least there is Big O and Dukes. IMO, they are the the best show on radio.

Posted by: bean ()
Date: March 08, 2009 03:44PM

DEAR OLD FAN

Get your facts straight if you are going to post!

I worked for Atlantic Broadcasting before, during and after Mike's tenure at WYRE/WBEY and you are inaccurate in much of what you have said about those years. You must not have been too close to the radio stations as you misspelled Syd, Bili and Rick Skarda and/or Scharf. You did spell Glaeser right so I'm guessing you are a friend of his (Mike did stab him in the back). You like writing about bubbamania a lot so you must be connected with that...perhaps the chubby dude who used to dance around in a Mick Jagger suit since I heard Mike blew off your birthday party way back then.

Get it right or get a life. (Well you are right about Mike being an ass)

Date: March 09, 2009 10:44AM

Sounds like WJFK is doing more sports programming on the weekends now. Hmmm.

Date: March 09, 2009 01:36PM

> Sounds like WJFK is doing more sports programming
> on the weekends now. Hmmm.

What's more interesting, and it's a topic we've seen constantly on this thread is: "Why is CBS Radio sticking with a losing game, week after week, month after month?"

Especially when you consider CBS Radio is losing revenue hand over fist.

Date: March 09, 2009 03:22PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> -----
> > Sounds like WJFK is doing more sports
> programming
> > on the weekends now. Hmmm.
>
> What's more interesting, and it's a topic we've
> seen constantly on this thread is: "Why is CBS
> Radio sticking with a losing game, week after
> week, month after month?"
>
> Especially when you consider CBS Radio is losing
> revenue hand over fist.

There's a couple of reasons. First, they are waiting for their contract to expire with Mike, which I believe could happen in April. Second, CBS may be looking for a buyer for WJFK. There may be a change of ownership clause in the contracts that would allow a new owner to start with a clean slate.

Date: March 09, 2009 04:43PM

> There's a couple of reasons...

If CBS keeps JFK and flips to Sports Talk, the Junkies and maybe BO&D survive, but BO&D would probably be headed for nights.

If the flip is to an AMP music format with CBS or a new owner, everyone is out, and the Junkies maybe wind up on a revived HFS.

But again, if I were making decisions @ CBS radio, I cut my losses with a lineup that's giving me at best ratings in the mid-teens for key demos and hoping I'd make back money from contract terminations, etc. in ad revenue after the flip...

Date: March 09, 2009 04:50PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> > There's a couple of reasons...
>
> If CBS keeps JFK and flips to Sports Talk, the
> Junkies and maybe BO&D survive, but BO&D would
> probably be headed for nights.
>
> If the flip is to an AMP music format with CBS or
> a new owner, everyone is out, and the Junkies
> maybe wind up on a revived HFS.
>
> But again, if I were making decisions @ CBS radio,
> I cut my losses with a lineup that's giving me at
> best ratings in the mid-teens for key demos and
> hoping I'd make back money from contract
> terminations, etc. in ad revenue after the flip...

The value of sports talk is reducing payroll. Even with the pay cut Mike took when Don left, I imagine WJFK still has the cost structure of a Top 10 station. If WJFK goes all sports, it will never be a Top 10 station again (not that much demand and too much competition). The only way to make money is for CBS to reduce costs. There is no reason to have four guys on in the morning and 10 people (or whatever Mike has) in the evenings. People are going to tune in for the sports. It won't make a bit of difference if it is four overpaid Junkies or a deeply discounted Steve Czaban-type broadcaster.

Date: March 09, 2009 05:01PM

Momentum for a format flip is building in a big way. The New York Radio Message Board (a reliable source of info for the NY market), at www.nyrmb.com, has it that...

a) CBS Radio today informed Opie and Anthony that their services will no longer be needed (although this doesn't affect their satrad contract), and

b) their current station, 92.3 K-Rock (WXRK) will flip to a contemporary hits format on Wednesday of this week at 5pm ET.

So although K-Rock was rock music most of the day, they've flushed the last talk presence they had in their lineup. I believe that leaves WJFK-FM as the last of CBS' guy-talk stations...and how long is CBS really likely to leave it out there alone, dying on the vine?

Posted by: Senior Chango ()
Date: March 09, 2009 06:51PM

People at WJFK better start learning Spanish, that is where I see that station going.

Date: March 09, 2009 08:34PM

Beware the Ides of March, Mike...

CBS Expands CHR Rollout - 3/9 - CBS Radio is putting its "Now/Amp" contemporary hit format on NYC's alt rock WXRK on Wednesday. It just put it in LA, on what used to be guy talker KLSX. Could the format appear in DC soon, on 94.7? Also, it looks like former WJFKers Opie and Anthony have lost NYC, their last broadcast radio perch. O&A are still heard on Sirius XM. More at DCRTV's NYC page.....

Say It Ain't So, Joe! - 3/9 - A DCRTVer tells us that Joe Ardinger's weekend "The Joe Show" has been given the heave-ho by CBS Radio's WJFK, as the guy talker increases the carriage of Fox Sports Radio on the weekends. Ardinger, dubbed "the world's oldest call screener," continues that position with JFK's weekday afternoon Mike O'Meara show.....

Date: March 09, 2009 08:34PM

So which will come first, this thread hitting 71,000 hits (the same number of listeners of Mike's Show) or will Mike's show be gone? I'm wondering if his show might not be gone before then.

Date: March 09, 2009 10:05PM

> ...wondering if his show might not be gone before
> then.

Wowie, Zowie. O&A kicked off their perch in NYC. Now the beyond arrogant OnA are left to break break with Mel and Howie @ XM - what a f**kin' hoot!!!

Given today's news - I cannot image JFK, in it's current format lasts much longer.

Oh, what's that? My wife heard a noise outside - hmm, seems Chris Kinard just hit another telephone pole while texting!!

CK you arrogant little prick - if OnA can't keep jobs on over the air radio, what sir, oh what is going to happen with the "empire" you and radio genius Michael Huges have built?

ESAD!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Posted by: Joe L. ()
Date: March 10, 2009 12:13AM

Chris Kinard and Michael Huges deserve to be fired for letting Mike O'Meara be on the air for this long. The rudderless ship of WJFK needs to be sunk and a new format needs to be born with new management.

Date: March 10, 2009 10:13AM

Joe L. Wrote:
> Chris Kinard and Michael Huges deserve to be fired
> for letting Mike O'Meara be on the air for this
> long...

They also deserve to be fired for not being able to program a station that has **one**, just **one** program in the top ten for their key demos!!

I listened to MOM for about two minutes yesterday, and it's soooo typical of the "cutting edge" broadcasting: We're going to take a break now and when we return well be interviewing the author of a new book...".

CK and Hughes have allowed their drive time show to devolve into a limp-dicked Jack Diamond clone, full of glorified infomercials and interviews with authors (or other suspect "personalities") so desperate for air time, they'll spend 15 minutes blabbing to MOM even tho his show draws flies.

What a sad, pathetic change from 5-6 years ago when you had Howard in the morning, D&M drive time, Ron and Fez nights... and Redskins Sundays. It takes uber-radio talent like Michael Hughes to totally fuck that up! (Oops, got to give props to 'lil Danny Snyder for fucking up Redskins radio!!)

Date: March 10, 2009 10:17AM

Joe L. Wrote:
> Chris Kinard and Michael Huges deserve to be fired
> for letting Mike O'Meara be on the air for this
> long. The rudderless ship of WJFK needs to be
> sunk and a new format needs to be born with new
> management.

If the NOW or AMP formats are automated, CBS won't need Hughes and Kinard. They just need a board op and a junior sales exec.

Date: March 10, 2009 10:20AM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> I listened to MOM for about two minutes yesterday,
> and it's soooo typical of the "cutting edge"
> broadcasting: We're going to take a break now and
> when we return well be interviewing the author of
> a new book...".
>

Interviews with book authors is the zenith of lazy producer conduct. Publishers do ALL of the work, including writing the questions for the interview. The sad thing is, Beth Ann can't even go to the trouble of getting an author with a book on the best sellers list...at least from this decade. The capper was when they interviewed the author of "Friday Night Lights," a book from the 1980s. They barely asked him any questions about the movie or TV show. Suck-o-Rama!

Date: March 10, 2009 10:36AM

> .. the zenith of lazy producer conduct...

I guess the problem is: we expect some rational standard of show prep @ the MOMS. If I were the big guy, I'd want to know what treats Beth Ann programmed for an entire week. If all she could come up with was lame-assed authors with books no one is going to, or has, read - I'd tell her to get her ass on the phones and come up with something better.

But - show prep @ the MOMS probably goes like this: "What you got today Beth Ann? On second thought, fuck it, I don't care, we'll just wing it - let's get going, I'm hung over, Carla and I drank a case of Chuck Shaw merlot from Trader Joe's last night...hold on, I think I've squirts!! Someone, anyone - prop the bathroom door open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

MOM, sooner than later the whip **is** coming down. See if one of the Junkies can hook you up with a sales gig @ Farrish Jeep/Kia in Fairfax!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Date: March 10, 2009 11:20AM

Speaking of book publishers, back in my days in radio I knew a producer who would call all the publishers to get free copies of the books to prep for interviews. The problem is, he never booked the interviews. He just wanted the free books. The publisher contacted the News Director and the guy was fired. Heh.

Date: March 10, 2009 12:30PM

Beware the Ides of March....

From DCRTV - Junks Sole Stern Survivors - 3/10 - Rant. Remember Rover? How about Adam Carolla? David Lee Roth? Opie and Anthony? They were all among the various broadcast radio replacements to replace Howard Stern, when he left for Sirius Satellite Radio in early 2007. And with O&A losing their NYC perch with tomorrow's debut of the "Now" contemporary hit format on WXRK, they're all gone. All failures. Except, of course, for Stern's DC replacement, the Junkies (right). OK, so they lost Baltimore a while back. But they remain on the air in DC. The sole Stern "survivors." Enjoy it while it lasts, guys.

Date: March 10, 2009 12:34PM

> Beware the Ides of March....
>
> From DCRTV ...they're all gone.
> All failures. Except, of course, for Stern's DC
> replacement, the Junkies...

Would the Junkies have survived in LA or NYC with their ratings? Nope. I don't know what OnA were booking in NYC, was it as bad as the Junks 15-18th place in drive time?

Date: March 10, 2009 12:38PM

what is funny about braying into the mic and repeatedly asking Mike, "Who are you?" As soon as the braying starts, i'm hitting a preset and listening to some bullshit Styx song on 94.7. Hey Robb (pretentious 2nd 'B'), who are you? Oh, that's right, some fucking douchebag who went to VCU who now claims that he 'could have gotten into UVA or Tech' who now brays into a microphone for a living. And by now, i mean for a few more weeks.

Date: March 10, 2009 12:41PM

From DCRTV, question answered:

"latest round of weekly Portable People Meter radio ratings...talker WJFK 20th (Junks 17th, O'Meara 20th)"

Posted by: blah2 ()
Date: March 10, 2009 12:46PM

I listen while I'm at work... and I don't mind it...

but buzz needs to admit that he likes the dick

Date: March 10, 2009 12:53PM

Imaginary interview with Robb Spewak - Q: So, aside from the pretentious 2nd 'B' in your name, what's your story? A. Well, much like Robin Quivers, my primary job is to act as if every utterance (sp?) that comes out of my host's mouth is hysterically funny. That way, you see, the listeners get cued as to how dang funny he is. Without this cue, the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers won't realise how dang funny he is. Did i mention that even though i went to a college for dumbasses, i COULD have gotten into UVA or Tech? Oh, also i keep interupting bits by asking, 'Who are you?' for no apparent reason. That's the only part i really enjoy. Cracks me up!

Date: March 10, 2009 01:17PM

Robb - ratings poison Wrote:
> what is funny about braying into the mic and
> repeatedly asking Mike, "Who are you?" As soon as
> the braying starts, i'm hitting a preset and
> listening to some bullshit Styx song on 94.7.

How is it Michael Hughes fires "The Weasel" from 94.7 for bad ratings...when its ratings were better than The Junkies??? Did "The Weasel" make more than the four Junkies combined?

No. The difference is Hughes didn't hire "The Weasel" for that gig, he inherited him when he took over 94.7. But Hughes DID hire The Junkies and O'Meara. You know what they say, "Pride comes before the Fall." Hughes's ego is too delicate for him to admit a mistake. He will just ensure that he will go down with these no-talent hacks.

Posted by: Donnie G in DA OC ()
Date: March 10, 2009 01:23PM

"Robb" Ratings Poison...Yes, I knew the kid was no good. That's why I turned his mike off and kicked his flabby ass out of the studio at least five times a week.

On the plus side, he'd work for next to nothing, oh there was another plus, when he'd introduce "The First Ladies of Professional Football" at 'Skins games.

Once we lost the Redskins gig at JFK, the kid was never right in the head...

Oops, gotta go, happy starts at MR Ducks in 2.5 hours!!

Cheers, El Donaldo (thankfully minus Miguel)

Date: March 10, 2009 01:23PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> From DCRTV, question answered:
>
> "latest round of weekly Portable People Meter
> radio ratings...talker WJFK 20th (Junks 17th,
> O'Meara 20th)"

How much more of this shit can CBS take? IT AIN'T WORKIN!! With those numbers, CBS could stick Jack FM on it and actually turn a profit!

Date: March 10, 2009 01:24PM

Donnie G in DA OC Wrote:

>
> Oops, gotta go, happy starts at MR Ducks in 2.5
> hours!!
>
> Cheers, El Donaldo (thankfully minus Miguel)

Take us with you!

Posted by: El Donaldo en Oceano Ciudad ()
Date: March 10, 2009 01:28PM

Donnie G in DA OC Wrote:

> Oops, gotta go, happy HOUR starts at MR Ducks in 2.5
> hours!!

Sorry, El Donaldo has had too much Sambuca and Jack this morning, but I'm OK to drive!!

Date: March 10, 2009 02:01PM

El Donaldo en Oceano Ciudad Wrote:
> Donnie G in DA OC Wrote:
>
> > Oops, gotta go, happy HOUR starts at MR Ducks in
> 2.5
> > hours!!
>
> Sorry, El Donaldo has had too much Sambuca and
> Jack this morning, but I'm OK to drive!!

I was going to make a joke, but given what happened to RESton Peace, I thought better of it.

Posted by: El Donaldo en Oceano Ciudad ()
Date: March 10, 2009 02:32PM

> I was going to make a joke...

Point taken, bad taste on my part, I'll take a cab...

Posted by: Patrick ()
Date: March 10, 2009 02:34PM

If the Mike O’Meara Show has any hopes of emerging from the bowels of the PPM then major changes in format and personnel need to be made. It should begin with the firing of executive producer Beth Ann McBride today! As “manager” for this last place team, McBride wasn’t a good fit in the old show nor has she proven to be one under this format. Work ethic and her ultra-conservative views aside, it’s all about results and McBride has failed to “produce”. Whether the show survives because of its syndication is moot. The honeymoon is over, ratings stink and long-time listeners are bored. Keep it simple Mike. Make me laugh and hire a producer who knows how to. THE MOVEMENT HAS BEGUN!

Date: March 10, 2009 02:55PM

Hey, look! Mike found a reason to drink!

Tuesday, March 17th
8-10 PM

Join The Mike O'Meara Show at Finnegan's Irish Pub in Ashburn for O'Meara's St Patrick's Day Olympics!!! Fun with Buzz's Pot O' Gold, Lovely Lassies in the Eat The Green Apple game, and more! Plus, the Buzz Babes will be there as the sexiest Lucky Leprechauns you've ever seen.

It all goes down St Patrick's Day night, at Finnegan's in Ashburn (formerly Kirkpatrick's), 8-10pm, be there!

Finnegan's Irish Pub
44050 Ashburn Village Shopping Plaza
Ashburn, VA

Maybe Mike should give these guys some pointers on the right way to run an Irish bar.

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: March 10, 2009 03:11PM

> Hey, look! Mike found a reason to drink!
>
> Tuesday, March 17th
> 8-10 PM
>
> Join The Mike O'Meara Show at Finnegan's Irish Pub
> in Ashburn for O'Meara's St Patrick's Day
> Olympics!!! Fun with Buzz's Pot O' Gold, Lovely
> Lassies in the Eat The Green Apple game, and more!
> Plus, the Buzz Babes will be there as the sexiest
> Lucky Leprechauns you've ever seen.
>
> It all goes down St Patrick's Day night, at
> Finnegan's in Ashburn (formerly Kirkpatrick's),
> 8-10pm, be there!
>
> Finnegan's Irish Pub
> 44050 Ashburn Village Shopping Plaza
> Ashburn, VA
>
>
> Maybe Mike should give these guys some pointers on
> the right way to run an Irish bar.

Join The Mike O'Meara Show cast at Finnegan's Irish Pub in Ashburn as they try to drink away the fact that continue to have extremely shitty ratings!!! Fun with Buzz as he drones on about why Republicans should be blamed for the fact that the Dow nosedives everytime President Obama talks about his economic plan. Listen to the shrill, annoying voice of Beth Anne as she whines about her extreme lack of ability to book interesting guests (and marvel at the XX Large sweater that will, as usual, be concealing her breasts). Take on Rob in the inconsequential 1950's sitcom trivia contest.Be treated like shit by Drunk Mike who really doesn't give a shit about his fans! Plus, the always skanky Buzz Babes will be there contributing absolutely nothing to the event!

It all goes down every single night after the show at Finnegan's in Ashburn (formerly Kirkpatrick's), 8-10pm, I promise, you can find something better to do!

Date: March 10, 2009 03:13PM

BAM Wrote:
> Fun with Buzz as he drones on about why
> Republicans should be blamed for the fact that the
> Dow nosedives everytime President Obama talks
> about his economic plan.

You forgot to mention Buzz bringing everything to an awkward standstill with a drunken discussion about the merits of "fisting."

Date: March 10, 2009 03:15PM

> Join The Mike O'Meara Show at Finnegan's Irish Pub
> in Ashburn...

Whee!! Maybe Mike's good buddy "Lurchie", Mayor of Ashburn and uber-slacker from the Junkies will make an apperance!! Better yet, maybe Carla will dance!! I'll get 50 $1 bills before I go!!

Posted by: dillydally ()
Date: March 10, 2009 04:00PM

BAM Wrote:
> Republicans should be blamed for the fact that the
> Dow nosedives everytime President Obama talks
> about his economic plan.

Dumbass. I'm sure Obama was to blame for the 6500 point nosedive during W's last year, too, huh?

Date: March 10, 2009 06:04PM

dillydally Wrote:
> BAM Wrote:
> -----
> > Republicans should be blamed for the fact that
> the
> > Dow nosedives everytime President Obama talks
> > about his economic plan.
>
> Dumbass. I'm sure Obama was to blame for the 6500
> point nosedive during W's last year, too, huh?

Obama is no more to blame for that than Bush is for what's happening on a daily basis now.How polite of you to call me a dumbass because I saw something you disagree with. Eat shit, asshole.

Shoot yourself.

Date: March 10, 2009 06:10PM

dillydally Wrote:
> BAM Wrote:
> -----
> > Republicans should be blamed for the fact that
> the
> > Dow nosedives everytime President Obama talks
> > about his economic plan.
>
> Dumbass. I'm sure Obama was to blame for the 6500
> point nosedive during W's last year, too, huh?

By the way, shithead, can't we put aside our political differences and come together in hatred of the suckfest known as the Mike O'Meara Show?

Posted by: dillydally ()
Date: March 10, 2009 06:15PM

BAM Wrote:

> Obama is no more to blame for that than Bush is
> for what's happening on a daily basis now.

My point exactly.

> can't we put aside our political differences and come
> together in hatred of the suckfest known as the Mike O'Meara Show?

Of course we can. Regardless of political affiliation, I think we all agree on that.

Date: March 10, 2009 06:28PM

This is not the forum for political debate! This thread is totally dedicated to former fans of the D&M show commiserating with each other over the putrid pile of crap that Mike and co. have turned the show in to. So take your politics elsewhere!

Date: March 10, 2009 06:59PM

Don was and always will be an unfunny asshole.

Obama '12

Posted by: Buzz ()
Date: March 10, 2009 07:10PM

As we end the evening, I just want to let you all know how much my wife enjoys a thorough fisting during sex.

Thank you.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: March 10, 2009 07:46PM

There are (2) financial mistakes President Bush allowed in 2007. 1: The up-tick rule in excersising stocks held in short position was done away with. This required stocks to increase in value before they could be short sold. Obama refuses to reverse this rule. Then whats called the "Mark to Market" valuation on lending institutions balance sheets have reeked havoc on capital lending. This needs to go but Obama's team won't allow it.I would bet my 1st born he doesn't Know what it is. His Keynsian economic policy has been tried before, ask Japan and most of Europe. It failed miserably. If not stopped at the mid term elections his policies will be economically catastrophic.

Oh Yea! MOM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 10, 2009 09:14PM

You are not Naru Hodo. I know Naru Hodo and you are not he. You are an unoriginal, unfunny, unintelligent asshole.

Posted by: Guy Wire ()
Date: March 10, 2009 09:17PM

Bush is an asshole. Obama is an asshole. All politicians are lying cocksuckers.
Now, back to the MOM show bashing.

Posted by: Nutto ()
Date: March 10, 2009 09:18PM

I listened to the show for about 15 minutes today and Im not even sure what I was listening to. It was Mike talking in some fake voice (not sure if he was imitating someone famous) and Robb cackling. All I know is that it wasnt the least bit funny and certainly wasnt anything memorable. What an unfortunate nightmare the show has become.

Posted by: Dilbo ()
Date: March 11, 2009 10:54AM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Robb Spewak

Date: March 11, 2009 12:14PM

Nutto Wrote:
>> What an unfortunate nightmare the show has become.

Yes, and DCRTV is reporting news on their front page that the JFK format flip to all sports is just a few weeks away.

Adding to what DCRTV reports, I figure: Junkies survive in morning drive, maybe syndicated sports talk mid-day and Riggo the great #44 will have to roll out of bed and semi-sober up for PM drive. (I don't know if that's a big improvement over the MOMS, but in my case it doesn't matter 'cause I won't listen to whoever is doing JFK drive time...).

Think of how hilarious it will be if you could watch Worthless Rob(b) Spewak, demoted to drive time board op after the JFK sports talk flip, have to cater to a hung-over, grumpy, old guy oozing the stench of another 12 hour drinking binge.

Oh nevermind, that's what he's doing every weekday afternoon at the MOMS! MOM/Riggo samey same...

Date: March 11, 2009 12:38PM

It's happening!

More Rumors: JFK To Go Sports With Junks & Maybe Riggo This Spring - 3/11 - Don't "shoot" the messenger. Just reportin' what we hear. We get this from a very well-connected DC radio source: "Look for the WJFK flip to occur in early April to a sports/talk format which was previously reported on this site. The Junkies will remain intact. Ongoing negotiations for the other drive time slot will most likely include an ex-Redskin Hall Of Fame player. His old jersey number began with a four and ended with a four." John Riggins did an afternoon radio show on the old Triple X sports talker. More soon.....

DCRTV is usually dead on about these things. CBS is just waiting out Mike's one-year deal. I bet they are also knocking down The Junkies' paycheck, too boot.

Date: March 11, 2009 12:51PM

DCRTV is usually dead on about these things. CBS is just waiting out Mike's one-year deal. I bet they are also knocking down The Junkies' paycheck, too boot.

January 23 was the original date. The new date for the demise of the MOM show is April 17. You can tell it's coming. O'Meara barely even makes an effort these days.

Date: March 11, 2009 01:03PM

> It's happening!
>
> More Rumors: JFK To Go Sports With Junks & Maybe
> Riggo This Spring

Makes sense, it will make even more sense if sports/JFK can eventually land the Caps and Nationals. I agree the Junks will have to take a $$ hit, I doubt they're going to be rewarded for thier at best luke warm PPMs by CBS. They'll be like the rest of us now - lucky to have a job...

As for the MOMS crew:

Rob(b) - it's back to being a board op, or better yet, maybe you can land a gig on am radio with a Saturday morning used car infomercial show - adding a Spanish languge segment would help!! Two words: Rosetta Stone.

Beth Ann - despair not, girlfriend, there are plenty of carpet/tile joints in western Fairfax!

Buzz - call Donnie in the OC quick - maybe he can land you some voice-over gigs for the shore bars, but don't dally, the season's just around the corner. If that fails, maybe you can land an afternoon DJ gig at Seacrets (good tips, lots of young poon to leer at...).

MOM - hit the bottle.

Carla - Where did you put the g-string with the little sparkely things?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Date: March 11, 2009 03:12PM

Don't worry about Carla. She'll find herself another fat drunkard...but with a JOB!

Date: March 11, 2009 03:19PM

> Don't worry about Carla. She'll find herself
> another fat drunkard...but with a JOB!

In the meantime, I'd sure as Hell like to see her catch a few shifts @ Good Guys before she settles down again!!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 11, 2009 05:32PM

> Don't worry about Carla. She'll find herself
> another fat drunkard...but with a JOB!

How much do you have to make to get a Carla?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: March 11, 2009 05:34PM

more than she can make stripping in her home state of Pennsylvania.

Date: March 11, 2009 05:36PM

Well, shit, I could have a job at McDonald's then.

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: March 11, 2009 08:37PM

I feel the momentum brewing. AMF Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 11, 2009 11:39PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
> > Don't worry about Carla. She'll find herself
> > another fat drunkard...but with a JOB!
>
> How much do you have to make to get a Carla?

I'm not sure why, but objectifying Carla like that makes me laugh out loud. Like, "get an oil change."

"Try out the new and improved Carla, now available at...[insert name of local wank joint here]"

Date: March 12, 2009 09:29AM

puckett Wrote:

> >
> > How much do you have to make to get a Carla?
>
> I'm not sure why, but objectifying Carla like that
> makes me laugh out loud. Like, "get an oil
> change."
>
> "Try out the new and improved Carla, now available
> at..."

It's kind of like referring to Carla as a trophy. For instance, getting an Angelina Jolie might be like getting an Oscar. Getting a Jennifer Aniston might be like getting an Emmy. And getting a Carla might be like getting a case of The Clap.

Date: March 12, 2009 10:03AM

From DCRTV - Change Coming To PGC? - 3/12 - Is something big going to happen to CBS Radio's urban contemporary WPGC (95.5 FM) on Monday? This graphic (right) at wpgc.com mysteriously suggests that something's up. WPGC hasn't fared too well in the new Portable People Meter electronic radio ratings, which debuted in the DC market last fall. And CBS is busy flipping some of its non-performing stations around the country to an "Amp/Now" contemporary hits format. Might CBS be tweaking PGC to better compete with Clear Channel's contemporary hit Hot 99.5, which placed 4th in the latest PPMs? A source tells us: "No format change. Personality change. At least one if not more".....

Beware the Ides of March!

CBS is changing WPGC on Monday for bad ratings (WPGC is ranked 7th, while WJFK is rated 22nd).

Oh, yeah. CBS is definitely going to be doing something about WJFK in the not too distant future.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: March 12, 2009 11:02AM

Listened to about 10 min. and there was a funny bit 'the drunk irishman' - flashes of the old days as Mike did some very funny rifs as a drunkard. Rob fucked it up by trying to compete for laughs and he failed as straight man by laughing too much and too loud himself (hey Rob you are the straight man not the fucking audience). Anyway MOM was genuinely funny on many ad-libs.

Date: March 12, 2009 11:31AM

dono Wrote:
> Listened to about 10 min. and there was a funny
> bit 'the drunk irishman' - flashes of the old days
> as Mike did some very funny rifs as a drunkard.
> Rob fucked it up by trying to compete for laughs
> and he failed as straight man by laughing too much
> and too loud himself (hey Rob you are the straight
> man not the fucking audience). Anyway MOM was
> genuinely funny on many ad-libs.

Mike has occasional flashes of brilliance. But, as I said before, I'm not into digging through chunks of shit to get the occasional kernel of corn.

Date: March 12, 2009 11:53AM

> Mike has occasional flashes of brilliance...

Well said. I heard the angry drunk Irishman bit also, but didn't stay 'til the end. Bits should have a beginning, middle and end - there's no problem with ad libs, but this bit was like everything else on the MOMS - half baked.

And Robb, when he gets the mike in his hands, can't/won't shut the f' up!

Doesn't matter now, the whole talent-deficient crew may survive, but if so, it'll likely be a low, low, low-paid players on some zero-watt am shithole, never, ever to be heard of again - unless Donnie G. decides to throw them a bone!

Posted by: Gym Rat ()
Date: March 12, 2009 12:53PM

WJFK must really be hurting for money. I noticed yesterday evening that they are now repeating the Big O and Duke show at 7pm to fill time.

Date: March 12, 2009 01:06PM

Gym Rat Wrote:
> WJFK must really be hurting for money. I noticed
> yesterday evening that they are now repeating the
> Big O and Duke show at 7pm to fill time.

It is a move to save money, and I guess JFK management thinks we just can't get enough of their sick talent. I think they also air the Junks and MOMS "best of" moments from 7pm to 9pm. Don't know for sure, I don't listen to hardly any JFK programming - I'd rather spend time at the Underground that is Fairfax...

Date: March 12, 2009 02:23PM

Gym Rat Wrote:
> WJFK must really be hurting for money. I noticed
> yesterday evening that they are now repeating the
> Big O and Duke show at 7pm to fill time.

Does anyone remember Michael Hughes's brilliant broadcasting decision to fill the hour between the end of The Junkies and the start of Bill O'Reilly by bringing in Ron & Fez live for one hour at middays? What a complete fucking JOKE Hughes is.

Date: March 12, 2009 02:42PM

> Does anyone remember Michael Hughes's brilliant
> broadcasting decision to fill the hour between the
> end of The Junkies and the start of Bill O'Reilly
> by bringing in Ron & Fez live for one hour at
> middays? What a complete fucking JOKE Hughes is.

My impression was that was Donnie G.'s decision, at that time he may well have been JFK's program director.

In any case, Ron and Fez were never used well at JFK, the one hour mid-day show never gained any momentum, and as it was an intro into O'Reilly, who ever listened?

Ron and Fez never had any love for Hughes - he never gave them the mid-days they deserved in deference to O'Reilly and he fired them when he didn't have any remotely comparable talent on the bench.

A couple of years ago after Fez had his first heart attack, Ron told him Michael Hughes had called with his best wishes on their XM show. Fez's response was "so what?". The whole JFK mess led to Fez's famous (if you are a R&F fan) quote: Never bury me in Fairfax!

Fez was was responsible for some good radio @ JFK, he got drunk with D&M during and Absinthe (?) and insulted Beth Ann McBride and her daughter and had to apologize on air the next day...

Those were the days...if you are a R&F fan...

Date: March 12, 2009 02:44PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> (I meant to say) during an Absinthe (?) show...

Date: March 12, 2009 03:04PM

Momentum is building!! From DCRTV via E-Rock @ OnA:

More: JFK To Go Away On 4/1? - 3/12 - Uh-oh. From the Twitter account of E-Rock from the Opie and Anthony show: "Just In - April 1, bye bye WJFK." DCRTV has been reporting rumors that CBS Radio will be dropping the guy talk for sports talk next month. More soon.....

Date: March 12, 2009 03:05PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Momentum is building!! From DCRTV via E-Rock @
> OnA:
>
> More: JFK To Go Away On 4/1? - 3/12 - Uh-oh. From
> the Twitter account of E-Rock from the Opie and
> Anthony show: "Just In - April 1, bye bye WJFK."
> DCRTV has been reporting rumors that CBS Radio
> will be dropping the guy talk for sports talk next
> month. More soon.....

It would be a good idea to wait until April 2nd or 3rd to celebrate.

Date: March 12, 2009 03:12PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> It would be a good idea to wait until April 2nd or
> 3rd to celebrate.

I really don't expect any changes from a radio station that has fucked up every programming decision for the last five years. **Anticipating** change and monitoring this thread is much more enjoyable than anything on JFK, especially from 3 to 7pm.

Let's consider the assessment of "NONAFan" at wackbag.com as he offers his/her view of JFK/2009:

"That station is absolutely talentless. Their morning drive show is a half-dozen 40-something hayseeds from the DC ex-urbs speaking an indecipherable gibberish in a desperate attempt to seem hip, followed by a younger version of the morning show (only less funny, if that's possible), then the unfunny half of what was once only a moderately funny show, with some random sports news batting clean-up at night. Its a real shitshow. Its good to see them close up shop for no other reason than it may get their terrible jocks to think about trying another profession."

Date: March 12, 2009 03:43PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Momentum is building!! From DCRTV via E-Rock @
> OnA:
>
> More: JFK To Go Away On 4/1? - 3/12 - Uh-oh. From
> the Twitter account of E-Rock from the Opie and
> Anthony show: "Just In - April 1, bye bye WJFK."
> DCRTV has been reporting rumors that CBS Radio
> will be dropping the guy talk for sports talk next
> month. More soon.....

It's Opie and Anthony and it is April 1st...April Fool's Day.

Not that it won't happen then, but keep it in mind.

Date: March 12, 2009 03:46PM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> "That station is absolutely talentless. Their
> morning drive show is a half-dozen 40-something
> hayseeds from the DC ex-urbs speaking an
> indecipherable gibberish in a desperate attempt to
> seem hip, followed by a younger version of the
> morning show (only less funny, if that's
> possible), then the unfunny half of what was once
> only a moderately funny show, with some random
> sports news batting clean-up at night. Its a real
> shitshow. Its good to see them close up shop for
> no other reason than it may get their terrible
> jocks to think about trying another profession."

Talk about dead-on.

Posted by: Rorah ()
Date: March 12, 2009 04:19PM

Let's not forget about the brilliant programming decision to air the Penn & Teller dude. Talk about a borefest.

Bye, Bye Mike. Deadman Walking......

Date: March 12, 2009 04:44PM

Hey! Tomorrow, they'll be talking to Kevin Meaney! Good job scoring a comedian who had very moderate popularity in the late 80's-early 90's! That'll get those numbers moving in the right direction.

Date: March 12, 2009 05:46PM

BAM Wrote:
> Hey! Tomorrow, they'll be talking to Kevin Meaney!
> Good job scoring a comedian who had very moderate
> popularity in the late 80's-early 90's! That'll
> get those numbers moving in the right direction.

Kevin "Fucking" Meaney? WTF? "Very moderate popularity" is being charitable at best.

What happened? Was Beth Ann unable to cut through the throngs trying to interview Louie Anderson?

Posted by: pthread ()
Date: March 12, 2009 06:39PM

Don and Mike were fucking terrible. I was so glad when they were thrown off the air after their brief stint in philly, and then I had to move here and hear their dumb asses more.

Posted by: Big Rumor! ()
Date: March 12, 2009 08:12PM

There is a rumor going around that Mike WILL NOT be given a last show! I guess that Mike's vacation is coming up and upper management has been told to string him along until then. He will be paid for the time left on his contract (not a lot of time left there) but his show will not be on after his vacation. The rumor has it that Mike will throw a big fit if he knows for sure his show is being canned and upper management is afraid he will start showing up 1. More drunk than he is now 2. Looking for fights 3. Sabotaging the new sports format. They just don't want to deal with that so they are letting Mike go over his vacation. NO FINAL SHOW! That is the rumor, take it for what it's worth. It will be interesting to see if Mike has a vacation coming up. If he does, the rumor might is probably true.

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: March 12, 2009 08:16PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Kevin "Fucking" Meaney? WTF? "Very moderate
> popularity" is being charitable at best.
>
> What happened? Was Beth Ann unable to cut through
> the throngs trying to interview Louie Anderson?

Apparently Emo Phillips and Yahoo Serious were booked solid. WTF is Kevin Meaney?!?!

Date: March 13, 2009 08:12AM

Big Rumor! Wrote:
> There is a rumor going around that Mike WILL NOT
> be given a last show!

Sorry, I'm not buying this one. CBS will handle any termination (if it occurs) like other companies. 1. You change security codes that allow access to your facility; 2. Terminations usually contain a severance/buyout payment, a condition of which is that you stay away from your former place of employment.

If this all comes to pass, I doubt a lazy slob like MOM will care if he doesn't have to return to the JFK studios Fairfax, he'll gain soooo much more valuable drinking time!

Date: March 13, 2009 09:12AM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Big Rumor! Wrote:
> -----
> > There is a rumor going around that Mike WILL
> NOT
> > be given a last show!
>
> Sorry, I'm not buying this one. CBS will handle
> any termination (if it occurs) like other
> companies. 1. You change security codes that
> allow access to your facility; 2. Terminations
> usually contain a severance/buyout payment, a
> condition of which is that you stay away from your
> former place of employment.
>
> If this all comes to pass, I doubt a lazy slob
> like MOM will care if he doesn't have to return to
> the JFK studios Fairfax, he'll gain soooo much
> more valuable drinking time!

I saw many firings and lay-offs when I worked in radio. The radio industry isn't like other industries. They typically don't let people back on the air when they know they are being fired because they don't need the asshole dropping f-bombs on the air or talking shit about management or advertisers. I can't tell you how many times people I worked with found out they were losing their jobs via a phone call the night before they were supposed to come in. It's a tacky, classless industry.

Date: March 13, 2009 09:23AM

> It's a
> tacky, classless industry.

Just like working in information technology - companies don't treat IT workers much better.

It would be hilarious to see the MOMS outsourced by CBS to a station in Mumbai!!

Date: March 13, 2009 09:28AM

dapjdj Wrote:
> -----
> > It's a
> > tacky, classless industry.
>
> Just like working in information technology -
> companies don't treat IT workers much better.
>
> It would be hilarious to see the MOMS outsourced
> by CBS to a station in Mumbai!!

I think somebody from Mumbai couldn't be any more inscrutable than Robb Spewak's attempts at humor.

"Who are you?" Like, seriously, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?? And why is it supposedly funny??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 09:39AM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: Tony S ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:48AM

I think O'Meara's contract is up April 11, that is when Don left last year. If he has a vacation between now and then, I can see the station telling him just to stay at home. Two weeks of Best Ofs and one week of O'Meara back in the studio bitching about WJFK, it's just not worth it to them.

Date: March 13, 2009 11:28AM

> "Who are you?" Like, seriously, what the fuck is
> that supposed to mean?? And why is it supposedly
> funny??

Let's give Rob(b) the benefit of the doubt - maybe he's asked MOM that 1,000's of times as he tries to revive him from an alcohol-poisoning induced coma!

It's been said before on this site many times, we know why Donnie G. kept Rob(b) off mike much more that he was on.

MOM, Rob(b) and Buzz are in on some in-studio joke that's not making to the listeners...

Date: March 13, 2009 12:09PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> -----
> > "Who are you?" Like, seriously, what the fuck
> is
> > that supposed to mean?? And why is it
> supposedly
> > funny??
>
> Let's give Rob(b) the benefit of the doubt - maybe
> he's asked MOM that 1,000's of times as he tries
> to revive him from an alcohol-poisoning induced
> coma!
>

Or maybe Robb is like the rest of us and can't figure out who Mike is supposed to be impersonating half the time.

Posted by: CKL ()
Date: March 13, 2009 02:12PM

The last two posts made me laugh.

Date: March 13, 2009 02:31PM

ANYWAY, back to Carla. Has anybody figured out the dollar amount I need to make yet?

Date: March 13, 2009 02:40PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> ANYWAY, back to Carla. Has anybody figured out
> the dollar amount I need to make yet?

Pages: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 921

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.