HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: FBI Raids Neighbors House
Posted by: life is ok ()
Date: December 05, 2011 09:49PM

Thanks and sorry for all the typos. Typing on these little touch screen phones is annoying. Buy I am sure everyone gets the point

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bdot ()
Date: December 06, 2011 04:33PM

Any news on Alex Cho? Is he behind bars yet?

Posted by: LaidOffAndTickedOff ()
Date: December 06, 2011 09:39PM

Man I think there is a trouble a brewin' for Nova Datacom. Myself and a few former NDC colleagues were contacted in the last few days by the office of the Inspector General within the DOD. Seems like there is a lot more than what's been revealed and they are looking to have a few former employees testify against them for all the sketchy stuff that went on. As if things couldn't get any worse for the Cho family, from the sound of it they are in for a lot more trouble.

The investigator did reveal that Alex is currently behind bars and will likely be spending a lot more time if these additional allegations are proven to be true (we're talking multiple years). I did think it was interesting, he mentioned that the executives at NDC were not nearly as helpful as they are trying to make themselves out to be.

Stay tuned, more will be revealed in the weeks and months to come.

Posted by: Hmmm ()
Date: December 06, 2011 10:45PM

Are u still looking for work?

Posted by: elizabeth ()
Date: December 06, 2011 10:49PM

LaidOffAndTickedOff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man I think there is a trouble a brewin' for Nova
> Datacom. Myself and a few former NDC colleagues
> were contacted in the last few days by the office
> of the Inspector General within the DOD. Seems
> like there is a lot more than what's been revealed
> and they are looking to have a few former
> employees testify against them for all the sketchy
> stuff that went on. As if things couldn't get any
> worse for the Cho family, from the sound of it
> they are in for a lot more trouble.
>
> The investigator did reveal that Alex is currently
> behind bars and will likely be spending a lot more
> time if these additional allegations are proven to
> be true (we're talking multiple years). I did
> think it was interesting, he mentioned that the
> executives at NDC were not nearly as helpful as
> they are trying to make themselves out to be.
>
> Stay tuned, more will be revealed in the weeks and
> months to come.

So are you going to testify? Maybe the executives are more worried if they might be implicated...just an opinion before one of them pops up in the forum and goes nuts. Alex is. Alix is behind bars, awaiting trial? I hears rumors that he was out and under witness protection program.well I guess in a few months we will see the whole truth. Do you know if the public can go to watch the trial?

Date: December 06, 2011 10:54PM

elizabeth Wrote:
> LaidOffAndTickedOff Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Man I think there is a trouble a brewin' for
> Nova
> > Datacom. Myself and a few former NDC colleagues
> > were contacted in the last few days by the
> office
> > of the Inspector General within the DOD. Seems
> > like there is a lot more than what's been
> revealed
> > and they are looking to have a few former
> > employees testify against them for all the
> sketchy
> > stuff that went on. As if things couldn't get
> any
> > worse for the Cho family, from the sound of it
> > they are in for a lot more trouble.
> >
> > The investigator did reveal that Alex is
> currently
> > behind bars and will likely be spending a lot
> more
> > time if these additional allegations are proven
> to
> > be true (we're talking multiple years). I did
> > think it was interesting, he mentioned that the
> > executives at NDC were not nearly as helpful as
> > they are trying to make themselves out to be.
> >
> > Stay tuned, more will be revealed in the weeks
> and
> > months to come.
>
> So are you going to testify? Maybe the executives
> are more worried if they might be
> implicated...just an opinion before one of them
> pops up in the forum and goes nuts. Alex is. Alix
> is behind bars, awaiting trial? I hears rumors
> that he was out and under witness protection
> program.well I guess in a few months we will see
> the whole truth. Do you know if the public can go
> to watch the trial?

I will be meeting with investigators next week and if they ask me to testify I will gladly do so. All the sketchy stuff I saw like non-cleared personnel inside the SCIF and deliberate attempts to hide money from the IRS.

Why in the world would they have Alex out under Witness Protection - he is just as guilty as the rest of the people in this scheme.

I don't know about the trial - are criminal trials usually open to the general public? I'm thinking they are...

Posted by: no2much ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:31PM

I see that Nova Datacom has a relationship with a different Alaska Native Corporation too.....

http://www.tkcis.com/seaport/teammembers.html

Well, at least a name reservation for a corporation.

http://commerce.alaska.gov/CBP/Main/CorporationDetail.aspx?id=133315

I'm sure that this is just a mere coincidence, Alaska is a small state after all......But I see that the guy who's listed as the President of Copper River IT also had a relationship with TKC at one time too.

http://www.copperriverit.com/activepages/management.html

www.tkccommunications.com/images/TKCCDataHouse.pdf

http://www.courtrecords.alaska.gov/pa/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?17437987

What a small world, eh ?

Posted by: TECHNOID ()
Date: December 08, 2011 02:16AM

Agelix, formely TKC Integration Systems....crooks, they are to be watched!

Posted by: Do Re Mi ()
Date: December 08, 2011 05:36AM

Agelix ? Do you mean Affigent ?

http://nana-dev.com/companies/affigent

Either way, NANA has some interesting cats running their show too.
TKC, or The Kuskokwim Corporation, and NANA are two separate ANC's that do business together.

Business Contact
Bill Monet
President and CEO
http://nana-dev.com/companies/qivliq

Monet reportedly was hired last June, the same month that Col. Ted Westhusing was "suicided" in Baghdad after complaining about the firm's activities in Iraq.
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=5409

Dave Márquez
Chief Operating Officer,
NANA Development Corporation
http://nana-dev.com/index.php?cID=410

While former Gov. Frank Murkowski was pushing an oil tax proposal supported by VECO and the state's major oil producers, he appointed former VECO lobbyist David Marquez to be his attorney general. Marquez's Department of Law rejected calls by former legislator Ray Metcalfe to investigate connections between VECO and then-Senate President Ben Stevens, R-Anchorage. Federal prosecutors have cited those connections as part of a pattern of corruption.
http://juneauempire.com/stories/070107/loc_probe001.shtml

Mr. Márquez later served as General Counsel for the Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
http://www.apfboardconfirmation.org/dmarquez.html

The same Alyeska Pipeline Service Company that hired Wackenhut to spy on and harrass Chuck Hamel.

The transcript that includes the conversation between Cornett and Howitt about the public-relations effort was disclosed by Charles Hamel, a longtime critic of Alyeska, who has worked with some plaintiffs' groups against Exxon and the pipeline company.

Alyeska's chief counsel, David Marquez, would not comment on the content of the tapes. But he said the company was prepared to show in court that it was in compliance with plans approved by the state.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1992_1094519/exxon-s-response-to-spill-was-chaotic-call-transcr.html

Here's some more background on what Alyeska did to Chuck Hamel.

http://alaskaforum.org/news_stories.html

Posted by: Fa La Ti Doh! ()
Date: December 08, 2011 06:33AM

CALISTA, KOREAN FIRM JOIN FORCES
Anchorage Daily News (AK) - Friday, April 24, 1987
Author: HAL BERNTON Daily News reporter ; Staff
Calista Corp. has teamed up with a South Korea construction company to bid on major projects in Alaska, the Lower 48 and Micronesia.

The new joint venture agreement, announced Thursday, involves a subsidiary of the Anchorage based company, Calista Construction International, and Keangnam Enterprises Ltd., one of Korea's largest construction firms.

Calista is one of 13 regional Native corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Keangnam is a subsidiary of Daewoo, one of Korea's biggest conglomerates.

S. KOREAN CONGLOMERATE BUYS SHERATON ANCHORAGE
Anchorage Daily News (AK) - Thursday, July 7, 1988
Author: HAL BERNTON Daily News reporter ; Staff

A South Korea corporation has plunged into the Alaska real estate market with a subsidiary's purchase wednesday of the sheraton anchorage hotel from calista corp. A Sheraton press release said InterAlaska Hotel Inc. bought the hotel from Calista. The purchase price was not disclosed.

InterAlaska is owned by the Hanjin Group, a Korean conglomerate that also owns Korean Air, said Jung Sam Bae, the South Korean consul in Anchorage.

SHERATON CHANGING HANDS - KOREAN AIRLINES SELLING ANCHORAGE HOTEL
Anchorage Daily News (AK) - Wednesday, October 6, 1999
Author: Paula Dobbyn Daily News Reporter ; Staff

The Sheraton Anchorage Hotel is being sold to MeriStar Investment Partners for an undisclosed price, according to people familiar with the sale. The current owner, Korean Airlines, is expected to close the deal by late next week, said Sheraton general manager Greg Champion.

http://www.kuskokwimcouncil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74&Itemid=57

Donlin Creek is an advanced exploration project in the feasibility stage. A significant gold occurrence, the prospect is located on lands owned by the Kuskokwim Corporation (TKC) . Calista Corporation, the second largest of Alaska's Native corporations, owns the subsurface rights.

Posted by: LOLz ()
Date: December 09, 2011 12:32AM

Hahaha... more bad news for Nova Datacom:
Attachments:
NDC_PO_Termination_Email.jpg

Posted by: LOLz ()
Date: December 09, 2011 12:33AM

LOLz... not too much longer now and NDC will be shutting their doors for good...
Attachments:
NDC_PO_Termination_Letter.jpg

Posted by: La Ti Doh ! ()
Date: December 09, 2011 10:22AM

Posted by: La Ti Doh ! ()
Date: December 09, 2011 10:23AM

Just let the sun shine in baby...
Attachments:
2011-10-12_LTR_EJM_to_DHS.jpg
2011-10-12_LTR_EJM_to_DHS pg2.jpg

Posted by: point ()
Date: December 13, 2011 01:19AM

Sorry but what point a(re you trying to make here?

Posted by: MCHO ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:37AM

thank god this forum/discussion has dyed

Posted by: jackie chan ()
Date: December 16, 2011 12:41PM

It's kind of sad that this forum/discussion died, it was a lovely discussion indeed.

Perhaps the Village of Eyak needs its own thread on Fairfax Underground, what a novel idea.

You can rest assured that when Kerry Khan or Harold Babb or Alex Cho's names begin to appear in the news again that this thread/discussion will pop right back to life.

Here's something refreshing.

The SBA Office of the Inspector General released it's latest quarterly report and the good news is that the OIG's report didn't specifically call out Alaska Native General Services, the front, oops, I mean shell company which owns CRIT, as the IG had done in their previous 2 reports.

And don't confuse Alaska Native General Services with Alaska Native Government Services, which for all intensive purposes ceased to exist in 2004 when then name of the company was changed. This little fact didn't keep them from continuing to use the old name in their biennial filings and political campaign donations however. Their paperwork shows that the shell company, ANGS, has a separate address from CRIT, but I know that's never been the case.

No wonder the SBA IG couldn't find the ANGS office, it doesn't exist !

Posted by: PWN ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:08PM

Elizabeth Wrote:
> Wow!!!! I guess the Cho's and Song's (amy's maiden
> name ) are a popular group. I remember her
> brother, and all that scamming he was doing. I
> didn't know his associate paid the big price for
> it. I always thought that was his gig. I heard he
> is laying hardwood floors for a living now and
> that his wife commuted suicide a few years ago.
> Not sure if that is just a sick rumor or the truth
> but that is what I had heard. You gotta see Amy's
> whole family and it would start to make a lot of
> sense. They are real big on plastic surgery too,
> especially all the aunts, they all look alike. One
> thing I do know about Amy thought is she gets
> really 'into' her man and is extremely loyal,
> almost to a fault! Too bad she couldn't be that
> way to her life long friends. She is the biggest
> hater I know, or knew!
>
> Well never heard of the Joe guy but salons?
> Hmmmmm. Enough said. Well keep me posted on any
> new escalations. And as for Min Cho being the head
> of any company is a big fat joke, just like she
> is!

So what if Amy's brother laid hardwood floors for a living? Is it a sin to work to provide for his family? So what if he screwed up? No ones perfect. And seriously, why bring my mom into this?! You don't know what happened to her, 'cause she did not commit suicide. And what's wrong with Amy's family? What's wrong with plastic surgery; is it sin to want to look more beautiful? Is it wrong to be loyal to your husband. Amy is not the hater, you are. You are the no bashing on someone else's family, and saying shit about them. As an adult, you should know how to control yourself. There are things you should and should not say, especially through the internet. And if you find it amusing to make people miserable, and to turn them into someone they're not, then you need help. You need Christ in your life.

You said you remember Amy's brother? I'm her brother's daughter. And i'm just saying your comments are awful. You should feel ashamed and embarrassed.

Date: December 17, 2011 02:09AM

PWN Wrote:I commend you for your wise thought! Yes indeed you are absolutely correct! There is nothing wrong with hard work. I know plenty of people who work hard and earn an honest living. However if you read correctly, what I said was that is what he does NOW and its too bad that he tried to make money the easy way, once upon a time.....what about the people that suffered because of of what he did? What about the child who grew up without a dad because ALl the blame was put on him and not shared HONESTLY! I am sure that people turn a new leaf, but you are a few DECADES behind little one! But again I commend you on your wise thoughts. Have you heard of this one "what goes around comes around"? I too have young children. Therefore I am very careful on what I do and the choices I make and the friends I keep around. As for Amy being a hater, trust me you were not even born when I had to suffer through her hate! Yes my words are harsh, yes my words my seem hateful, yes my words may even to ears as young as yours may seem like slander, but as GOD as my witness, I have not said one word that was not truthful or that was not someone that affected me once upon a time! And yes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with ones own decision of beautifying themselves but let me tell you that there were times when she judged others for only the cover! However I am sure that was a long time ago, and property do change and mature, if she has than I applause her. I also admit there was a sweet sensitive side to her, but her need for competition, even among friends drove many people away. I tell you all this because it is not right for the children to suffer the fates and wrong doings of their parents and from what I just read you seem like a very smart and caring individual. If you were hurt by any of my memories, I sincerely apologize....it was never meant for your eyes, this I swear.
As for the comment about your late mother, if you re-read the comment, I think I was clear in saying that it was possibly a rumor and "what I had heard second hand". I think I was very clear on that. Regardless, no child should read such remarks about their own mother who is gone from this world and for that I sincerely apologize again. But please note, as you will have your own experiences with people, I have had mine therrofre I am entitled to my opinion. Most of what I had seen or endured came a long time before you were even born. I am sure that all of this is hard for your young eyes to bear and I would never wish such a thing on my children therefore I try and live an honest life and sincerely love those close to me. I am sorry if I cannot say the same for my experiences with the people you call your family. That is why in my earlier post, I was clear in stating that these were MY memories, MY opinions. And more importantly I stated that there were probably people praying and wishing the vest outcome for the Cho clan! As smart as you seem, you cannot deny that this entire scandal which has been deemed by the the US govt as one of the most brazen acts of fraud in US history; is not going to get attention, among those whom have been hurt or even by angry taxpayers! With that said, it may be wise of you to stay off this site in the future and follow the truths as they unfold, in the coming months.

As I would wish any child, and the next generation, I hope you may rise above and beyond the ashes any such events! Good luck and best wishes to you!
> Elizabeth Wrote:
> -----
> > Wow!!!! I guess the Cho's and Song's (amy's
> maiden
> > name ) are a popular group. I remember her
> > brother, and all that scamming he was doing. I
> > didn't know his associate paid the big price
> for
> > it. I always thought that was his gig. I heard
> he
> > is laying hardwood floors for a living now and
> > that his wife commuted suicide a few years ago.
> > Not sure if that is just a sick rumor or the
> truth
> > but that is what I had heard. You gotta see
> Amy's
> > whole family and it would start to make a lot
> of
> > sense. They are real big on plastic surgery
> too,
> > especially all the aunts, they all look alike.
> One
> > thing I do know about Amy thought is she gets
> > really 'into' her man and is extremely loyal,
> > almost to a fault! Too bad she couldn't be that
> > way to her life long friends. She is the
> biggest
> > hater I know, or knew!
> >
> > Well never heard of the Joe guy but salons?
> > Hmmmmm. Enough said. Well keep me posted on any
> > new escalations. And as for Min Cho being the
> head
> > of any company is a big fat joke, just like she
> > is!
>
> So what if Amy's brother laid hardwood floors for
> a living? Is it a sin to work to provide for his
> family? So what if he screwed up? No ones perfect.
> And seriously, why bring my mom into this?! You
> don't know what happened to her, 'cause she did
> not commit suicide. And what's wrong with Amy's
> family? What's wrong with plastic surgery; is it
> sin to want to look more beautiful? Is it wrong to
> be loyal to your husband. Amy is not the hater,
> you are. You are the no bashing on someone else's
> family, and saying shit about them. As an adult,
> you should know how to control yourself. There are
> things you should and should not say, especially
> through the internet. And if you find it amusing
> to make people miserable, and to turn them into
> someone they're not, then you need help. You need
> Christ in your life.
>
> You said you remember Amy's brother? I'm her
> brother's daughter. And i'm just saying your
> comments are awful. You should feel ashamed and
> embarrassed.

Posted by: sp ()
Date: December 17, 2011 03:51AM

MCHO Wrote:
> thank god this forum/discussion has dyed

U mean 'died'....dyed is as in color dye....u sure ur ceo?

Posted by: Jesüs Chrîs† ()
Date: December 17, 2011 06:18PM

Jesus Christ on a crutch, the last thing these sad people need is Jesus in their lives.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:36PM

elizabeth Wrote:

So you think ppl here have to embarrassed or ashamed at their ligitimate opinions....BUT have you thought for a second if the people who are guilty and who have hurt ppl......shouldn't they SHOW some remorse! Instead of trying to shut down public opinion with their lies!

Yes I would be embarrassed if I robbed someone at gunpoint! Yes I would be ashamed if I commuted insurance fraud and used young kids to call in false accident claims!BUT I have NOT done any of the above so you need to go check urself and ur facts first!!!!

> PWN Wrote:I commend you for your wise thought! Yes
> indeed you are absolutely correct! There is
> nothing wrong with hard work. I know plenty of
> people who work hard and earn an honest living.
> However if you read correctly, what I said was
> that is what he does NOW and its too bad that he
> tried to make money the easy way, once upon a
> time.....what about the people that suffered
> because of of what he did? What about the child
> who grew up without a dad because ALl the blame
> was put on him and not shared HONESTLY! I am sure
> that people turn a new leaf, but you are a few
> DECADES behind little one! But again I commend you
> on your wise thoughts. Have you heard of this one
> "what goes around comes around"? I too have young
> children. Therefore I am very careful on what I do
> and the choices I make and the friends I keep
> around. As for Amy being a hater, trust me you
> were not even born when I had to suffer through
> her hate! Yes my words are harsh, yes my words my
> seem hateful, yes my words may even to ears as
> young as yours may seem like slander, but as GOD
> as my witness, I have not said one word that was
> not truthful or that was not someone that affected
> me once upon a time! And yes, there is absolutely
> nothing wrong with ones own decision of
> beautifying themselves but let me tell you that
> there were times when she judged others for only
> the cover! However I am sure that was a long time
> ago, and property do change and mature, if she has
> than I applause her. I also admit there was a
> sweet sensitive side to her, but her need for
> competition, even among friends drove many people
> away. I tell you all this because it is not right
> for the children to suffer the fates and wrong
> doings of their parents and from what I just read
> you seem like a very smart and caring individual.
> If you were hurt by any of my memories, I
> sincerely apologize....it was never meant for your
> eyes, this I swear.
> As for the comment about your late mother, if you
> re-read the comment, I think I was clear in saying
> that it was possibly a rumor and "what I had heard
> second hand". I think I was very clear on that.
> Regardless, no child should read such remarks
> about their own mother who is gone from this world
> and for that I sincerely apologize again. But
> please note, as you will have your own experiences
> with people, I have had mine therrofre I am
> entitled to my opinion. Most of what I had seen or
> endured came a long time before you were even
> born. I am sure that all of this is hard for your
> young eyes to bear and I would never wish such a
> thing on my children therefore I try and live an
> honest life and sincerely love those close to me.
> I am sorry if I cannot say the same for my
> experiences with the people you call your family.
> That is why in my earlier post, I was clear in
> stating that these were MY memories, MY opinions.
> And more importantly I stated that there were
> probably people praying and wishing the vest
> outcome for the Cho clan! As smart as you seem,
> you cannot deny that this entire scandal which has
> been deemed by the the US govt as one of the most
> brazen acts of fraud in US history; is not going
> to get attention, among those whom have been hurt
> or even by angry taxpayers! With that said, it may
> be wise of you to stay off this site in the future
> and follow the truths as they unfold, in the
> coming months.
>
> As I would wish any child, and the next
> generation, I hope you may rise above and beyond
> the ashes any such events! Good luck and best
> wishes to you!
> -----
> > Elizabeth Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Wow!!!! I guess the Cho's and Song's (amy's
> > maiden
> > > name ) are a popular group. I remember her
> > > brother, and all that scamming he was doing.
> I
> > > didn't know his associate paid the big price
> > for
> > > it. I always thought that was his gig. I
> heard
> > he
> > > is laying hardwood floors for a living now
> and
> > > that his wife commuted suicide a few years
> ago.
> > > Not sure if that is just a sick rumor or the
> > truth
> > > but that is what I had heard. You gotta see
> > Amy's
> > > whole family and it would start to make a lot
> > of
> > > sense. They are real big on plastic surgery
> > too,
> > > especially all the aunts, they all look
> alike.
> > One
> > > thing I do know about Amy thought is she gets
> > > really 'into' her man and is extremely loyal,
> > > almost to a fault! Too bad she couldn't be
> that
> > > way to her life long friends. She is the
> > biggest
> > > hater I know, or knew!
> > >
> > > Well never heard of the Joe guy but salons?
> > > Hmmmmm. Enough said. Well keep me posted on
> any
> > > new escalations. And as for Min Cho being the
> > head
> > > of any company is a big fat joke, just like
> she
> > > is!
> >
> > So what if Amy's brother laid hardwood floors
> for
> > a living? Is it a sin to work to provide for
> his
> > family? So what if he screwed up? No ones
> perfect.
> > And seriously, why bring my mom into this?! You
> > don't know what happened to her, 'cause she did
> > not commit suicide. And what's wrong with
> Amy's
> > family? What's wrong with plastic surgery; is
> it
> > sin to want to look more beautiful? Is it wrong
> to
> > be loyal to your husband. Amy is not the hater,
> > you are. You are the no bashing on someone
> else's
> > family, and saying shit about them. As an
> adult,
> > you should know how to control yourself. There
> are
> > things you should and should not say,
> especially
> > through the internet. And if you find it
> amusing
> > to make people miserable, and to turn them into
> > someone they're not, then you need help. You
> need
> > Christ in your life.
> >
> > You said you remember Amy's brother? I'm her
> > brother's daughter. And i'm just saying your
> > comments are awful. You should feel ashamed and
> > embarrassed.

Posted by: PP ()
Date: December 18, 2011 12:04AM

Funny, Stefan wore his pants that were way to small for his huge waist. His pants were some short that he looked liked a hobo. Funny that he is always commenting. He is the one that had a child with a woman that he roomed with and now acts like they are a couple. Don't throw stones at glasss houses brother. There is more to come.

Posted by: DrDoom ()
Date: December 18, 2011 01:51AM

Why dont you mind your own fucking business? Jesus lady just fuck off.

Posted by: Lawrence ()
Date: December 19, 2011 11:40AM

PP Wrote:
> Funny, Stefan wore his pants that were way to
> small for his huge waist. His pants were some
> short that he looked liked a hobo. Funny that he
> is always commenting. He is the one that had a
> child with a woman that he roomed with and now
> acts like they are a couple. Don't throw stones
> at glasss houses brother. There is more to come.

Well judging from the characteristic misspellings, we can pretty well be sure Joe has joined the party. :)

It was actually a regular occurrence for the NDC execs to assassinate the character of their former employees but it seems these scumbags have reached new lows when they need to come online to talk trash about their former employees...

At least Stefan had the common sense to get out of that place when he smelled something fishy. Last I heard, he was working at Juniper and writing a book. From the sound of it I'd say things have worked out pretty well for him. Can't say the same for the rest of the folks at NDC...

You remember me Joe? When I quit the DSS contract you didn't even want to pay me my final paycheck! I left earlier this year and there hasn't been a day that has gone by that I've regretted my decision. I am so glad I am not working there anymore.

Posted by: Lawrence ()
Date: December 19, 2011 11:46AM

DrDoom Wrote:
> Why dont you mind your own fucking business? Jesus
> lady just fuck off.

When the NDC execs decided to defraud the American taxpayers and screw over their employees, it became everyone's business. I happen to agree that it would be a lot easier if they simply showed some remorse. Instead they continue to act like they are innocent victims in all of this...

Posted by: Karma ()
Date: December 19, 2011 02:44PM

Lawrence Wrote:
> DrDoom Wrote:
> -----
> > Why dont you mind your own fucking business?
> Jesus
> > lady just fuck off.
>
> When the NDC execs decided to defraud the American
> taxpayers and screw over their employees, it
> became everyone's business. I happen to agree that
> it would be a lot easier if they simply showed
> some remorse. Instead they continue to act like
> they are innocent victims in all of this...

But they are victims - victims of their own Karma!

And Joe is the slimiest MF'er of all. Huge show off - if not his own stuff then would talk about Alex's. Total ass kisser of Alex and Min - taking their cars for oil changes and tire rotations etc. No college degree, no class, just scum. Actually his CEO and he are about at the same level. Tough to judge which one is slimier! CEO is the dumbest one though - thinking she actually runs the place!

Posted by: too funny ()
Date: December 19, 2011 03:43PM

Hahahhahahahah. Thank you for that post. I was wondering when someone would notice that these property are very uneducated. I don't even believe for a second that they could write their own emails. This Joe guy is very interesting. Honestly I have no idea who he is so I guess I will leave it at that.

Hahajahahahahahaha. LmFAO and ROTF! Hahahahahahahah

Posted by: KoreanHaircut ()
Date: December 19, 2011 04:58PM

This is the face you make when you get a Korean haircut... unfortunately there is nothing a Korean barber (aka happy ending masseur) can do about skin care, but that is another story... LOLs.
Attachments:
joe1.JPG
joe2.JPG

Posted by: GovFraudExposed ()
Date: December 20, 2011 10:59AM

The shit just hit the fan folks.

WashingtonPost has just reported that Alex Cho's case has been unsealed. Accordingly, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges at a secret hearing in September. According to the article, the feds filed court papers Nov. 3 that alleged Cho had committed obstruction of justice since his plea bargain, hence he has been detained since early November at a D.C. Correctional Treatment Facility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/great-falls-man-pleads-guilty-in-contracting-scam/2011/12/19/gIQAa72L5O_story.html

We are heading down to the courthouse to get copies of the plea bargain and other interesting docs and will post it later.

In addition, a reliable person close to the case has revealed that Feds are now zeroing in on Joe Kim, the VP of Engineering at Nova Datacom, whom sources are saying was a close associate of Alex's who had insider knowledge and was peripherally involved in part of the scheme.

Date: December 20, 2011 01:04PM

Ok folks, we got the records and uploaded them to scribd, so we're here to share them with you for your enjoyment.

Here is link to the original indictment, which displays all the sordid details regarding Alex's involvement in all of this mess:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76155838/Copy-of-Indictment-of-Alex-Cho-CTO-Nova-Datacom

According to the plea bargain, Alex Cho will be doing anywhere from 6.5 years to 30 years in prison, with a fine in the range of anywhere from $12,500 to $250,000, plus forfeiture of all assets acquired during the time period which the scheme took place:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76156177/Alex-Cho-Plea-Agreement-CTO-Nova-Datacom

Interestingly, it appears that he requested travel in late September on the grounds that he and his wife might explore the potential for relocating his family for purposes of security. Later documents reveal that his family has in fact relocated to California.

The final link is a request by the feds on Nov. 3rd to change the conditions of his release, on the grounds that they discovered new information that Alex committed additional acts of obstruction of justice since his involvement in assisting the feds. As such, they reversed his release and he is now at a DC Correctional Facility.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76156291/Alex-Cho-Motion-to-Change-Order-CTO-NovaDatacom

Enjoy!

Posted by: Mr Happy Smiley ()
Date: December 20, 2011 04:26PM

This has got to be rough on the family. The kids, think of the poor kids.....

Date: December 20, 2011 09:24PM

Mr Happy Smiley Wrote:
> This has got to be rough on the family. The kids,
> think of the poor kids.....

Awww... poor kids! This is so terrible!

Come to think about it, what about all the poor kids whose parents got laid off by these jerks? Those who took a job with Nova Datacom because they thought they'd be gainfully employed if they showed up to do an honest days living and worked hard... little did they know that the execs had stacked the decks and the house of cards was about to fall down... What about me and my coworkers who got laid off before the holidays with no severance and no apologies, and then even had our final paychecks bounce?

Poor kids? Oh brother...

Date: December 20, 2011 11:06PM

GovFraudExposed Wrote:
>
Dear Nova Datacom,

Is this what you were referring to when you said that more information will come out that show alex was trying to help the feds build a case.

Hey Joe:

Where u at? We still lying?

The shit just hit the fan folks.
>
> WashingtonPost has just reported that Alex Cho's
> case has been unsealed. Accordingly, he pleaded
> guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges at a
> secret hearing in September. According to the
> article, the feds filed court papers Nov. 3 that
> alleged Cho had committed obstruction of justice
> since his plea bargain, hence he has been detained
> since early November at a D.C. Correctional
> Treatment Facility.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/great-falls
> -man-pleads-guilty-in-contracting-scam/2011/12/19/
> gIQAa72L5O_story.html
>
> We are heading down to the courthouse to get
> copies of the plea bargain and other interesting
> docs and will post it later.
>
> In addition, a reliable person close to the case
> has revealed that Feds are now zeroing in on Joe
> Kim, the VP of Engineering at Nova Datacom, whom
> sources are saying was a close associate of Alex's
> who had insider knowledge and was peripherally
> involved in part of the scheme.

Posted by: ROTFL ()
Date: December 21, 2011 12:20AM

Karma Wrote:
>
> And Joe is the slimiest MF'er of all. Huge show
> off - if not his own stuff then would talk about
> Alex's. Total ass kisser of Alex and Min - taking
> their cars for oil changes and tire rotations etc.
> No college degree, no class, just scum. Actually
> his CEO and he are about at the same level. Tough
> to judge which one is slimier! CEO is the dumbest
> one though - thinking she actually runs the place!

Too funny! As I was reading the indictment, I found it interesting to read the following:

"In its Application, employees and agents of Nova Datacom, including ALEX N. CHO (“Nova Datacom Representatives”), provided false information concerning, among other things, the educational background for ALEX N. CHO, the educational background and employment status of a purported employee of Nova Datacom, and the initial intent of Nova Datacom’s sole owner to run the day-to-day operations of Nova Datacom. In or about October 2007, based in part on those false statements, the SBA certified Nova Datacom as an 8(a) small disadvantaged business."

And who do you think they are referring to when they talk about falsification of "the educational background and employment status of a purported employee"... hehehe... Hey Joe, where'd you say you got your college degree from again ;)

Posted by: reply ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:38PM

Can't wait to see how Nova Datacom replies to this 'allegations'...or maybe they are finally waking up and smelling the coffee..

JOE!!!!!

Any more thoughts????

DontBelieveTheHype Wrote:
> This is such bullcrap - this company is nothing
> but lies and deceit. I just got laid off
> yesterday, but not before I got to keep a copy of
> the email Angela sent out last Friday. Take a look
> and you can see how full of crap these people
> are:
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> From: Angela Inguillo
> Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 1:36 PM
> To: Nova Staff
> Subject: Responding to Recent Nova Datacom Events
>
> Good afternoon everyone-
>
> As many of you are aware, we are currently dealing
> with a crisis situation here and are desperately
> trying to contain the damage as a result of the
> entire USACE scandal. There is no doubt that the
> integrity and reputation of Nova Datacom has been
> harmed in an irreparable manner.
>
> As you may have heard, Alex's case will be
> unsealed in the coming months. When this happens,
> much more information will be revealed regarding
> the extent and involvement to which Nova Datacom
> executives were involved in the scandal, which is
> sure to prompt a large media inquiry. We want to
> let you know that we are going to begin a
> marketing campaign with the intent of denying
> these claims, so that we can calm the storm during
> acquisition talks that are currently underway. We
> are preparing statements in advance that we can
> have on hand as a response to the media when
> further knowledge about the crisis first becomes
> known on a widespread basis or by reporters.
>
> As discussed in the staff meeting earlier this
> week, we are currently in talks with several
> companies to acquire our remaining assets, but in
> the meantime it is imperative that we continue to
> maintain the appearance of business as usual.
> Anything less than the appearance of business as
> usual will have an impact on our ability to spin
> off our assets. In the meantime, as corporate
> policy we are asking all of you to formally deny
> any involvement with the scandal if asked for any
> additional information. If you are uncomfortable
> denying the allegations, you may direct any
> inquiries to myself or anyone else in the
> marketing department.
>
> Due to the sensitive nature of these allegations,
> and the fluidity of the acquisition, anyone who
> reveals additional information regarding the true
> nature of our involvement will be immediately
> terminated. If in doubt, simply direct these
> inquiries to marketing.
>
> Thanks for your understanding and for your help in
> this matter.
>
> Angela Inguillo
> Marketing Director
>
> Nova Datacom, LLC
> 4501 Singer Court | Suite 350 | Chantilly, VA
> 20151
> P: 703.234.3835 | M: 703.618-8344| F:
> 703.234.9040
> ainguillo@novadatacom.com | www.novadatacom.com
>
> "All limitations are self-imposed."
> ------------------------------------

Posted by: WhereAreTheyNow? ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:06PM

Hey Angela Inguillo,

Do you have anything to add to what has been stated in the media? Your last Press Release would have led some to believe that Nova Datacom was simply an innocent bystander in all of this, happily assisting the government with their investigation. But based on what we are seeing from the WashingtonPost article and also from the indictment, it seems as if Nova's involvement has been anything but innocent. From the sound of it, Alex was talking to USACE folks even before he got EyakTek involved. So it sounds like Alex was the mastermind in fact...

What say you guys now? Any upcoming press releases we can expect to respond to this?

Posted by: Annandel King ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:30PM

sp Wrote:
> MCHO Wrote:
> -----
> > thank god this forum/discussion has dyed
>
> U mean 'died'....dyed is as in color dye....u sure
> ur ceo?

LMAO at sp hahahaa

Posted by: Ugly ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:46PM

KoreanHaircut Wrote:
> This is the face you make when you get a Korean
> haircut... unfortunately there is nothing a Korean
> barber (aka happy ending masseur) can do about
> skin care, but that is another story... LOLs.

hello I'm ugly...
anyway, I thought I was ugly but DAYAM!!!
his Fucking Ugly as shit hahaha

Posted by: Coco ()
Date: December 21, 2011 03:14PM

elizabeth Wrote:
> GovFraudExposed Wrote:
> -----
> >
> Dear Nova Datacom,
>
> Is this what you were referring to when you said
> that more information will come out that show alex
> was trying to help the feds build a case.
>
> Hey Joe:
>
> Where u at? We still lying?
>
> The shit just hit the fan folks.
> >
> > WashingtonPost has just reported that Alex
> Cho's
> > case has been unsealed. Accordingly, he
> pleaded
> > guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges at a
> > secret hearing in September. According to the
> > article, the feds filed court papers Nov. 3
> that
> > alleged Cho had committed obstruction of
> justice
> > since his plea bargain, hence he has been
> detained
> > since early November at a D.C. Correctional
> > Treatment Facility.
> >
> >
>
> >
>
> > gIQAa72L5O_story.html
> >
> > We are heading down to the courthouse to get
> > copies of the plea bargain and other
> interesting
> > docs and will post it later.
> >
> > In addition, a reliable person close to the
> case
> > has revealed that Feds are now zeroing in on
> Joe
> > Kim, the VP of Engineering at Nova Datacom,
> whom
> > sources are saying was a close associate of
> Alex's
> > who had insider knowledge and was peripherally
> > involved in part of the scheme.

ohhhhh Joe
you are sooooo next
wait, is sucking Alex D*ck illegal ? :P

Posted by: SD ()
Date: December 21, 2011 04:07PM

Coco Wrote:
> elizabeth Wrote:
> -----
> > GovFraudExposed Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> > Dear Nova Datacom,
> >
> > Is this what you were referring to when you
> said
> > that more information will come out that show
> alex
> > was trying to help the feds build a case.
> >
> > Hey Joe:
> >
> > Where u at? We still lying?
> >
> > The shit just hit the fan folks.
> > >
> > > WashingtonPost has just reported that Alex
> > Cho's
> > > case has been unsealed. Accordingly, he
> > pleaded
> > > guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges at a
> > > secret hearing in September. According to
> the
> > > article, the feds filed court papers Nov. 3
> > that
> > > alleged Cho had committed obstruction of
> > justice
> > > since his plea bargain, hence he has been
> > detained
> > > since early November at a D.C. Correctional
> > > Treatment Facility.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > gIQAa72L5O_story.html
> > >
> > > We are heading down to the courthouse to get
> > > copies of the plea bargain and other
> > interesting
> > > docs and will post it later.
> > >
> > > In addition, a reliable person close to the
> > case
> > > has revealed that Feds are now zeroing in on
> > Joe
> > > Kim, the VP of Engineering at Nova Datacom,
> > whom
> > > sources are saying was a close associate of
> > Alex's
> > > who had insider knowledge and was
> peripherally
> > > involved in part of the scheme.
>
>
> ohhhhh Joe
> you are sooooo next
> wait, is sucking Alex D*ck illegal ? :P

Not really - He's been doing that for the last 4 years now - and Min's too. Yes!

Posted by: Miss Happy Elf ()
Date: December 21, 2011 06:03PM

The NDC Christmas party must have been a real bummer this year.

So sad.

Does anyone know why the Fusionstorm Global IPO fell through ?

Posted by: banthony ()
Date: December 21, 2011 08:53PM

Miss Happy Elf Wrote:
> The NDC Christmas party must have been a real
> bummer this year.

Well, they actually didn't throw us a Christmas party this year, but some of us did get $25 Best Buy gift cards.

Posted by: F#%€ ()
Date: December 22, 2011 12:22AM

Merry xmas

Posted by: Holidays ()
Date: December 23, 2011 08:51AM

In the spirit of the Holidays, here is wishing all, even the NDC executives, and especially their innocent families a happy and safe holiday.

Posted by: NDCPostmaster ()
Date: December 23, 2011 02:40PM

Posted by: tsuh ()
Date: December 24, 2011 12:06AM

This link works a little better:

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=9900&agency=1&id=333432&searchType=offender

Alex has expressed his sincerest thanks to all of you who have sent your regards to him and his family during this difficult time. He also says when the truth is revealed he will be fully vindicated when all of the evidence comes to light.

Date: December 26, 2011 01:06PM

New article on WashingtonPost regarding Alex Cho and the USACE scandal:

‘Brazen’ contracting scam: Records provide a window into audacious swindle - http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/brazen-contracting-scam-detailed-in-federal-allegations/2011/12/20/gIQA8hw5FP_story.html

Date: December 26, 2011 03:07PM

The case between Nova Datacom and EyakTek was settled out of court last week, and we've managed to get a copy of the agreement which we've posted here for your perusal:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76531638/Nova-Datacom-EyakTek-Settlement-Agreement

Basically, EyakTek came out of this smelling like roses, and Nova Datacom is still left in the lurch and will have to attempt to recoup any money that is owed to them directly from USACE.

In a nutshell, here are the terms of settlement agreement:

1) EyakTek will assign the previous invoices directly to USACE
2) EyakTek will return $907,113.54 back to USACE which USACE previously paid to EyakTek for the two invoices numbered 011793 and 011794 that NDC previously submitted to EyakTek.
3) Within 21 days, NDC will provide all documentation regarding the true and factual costs of goods and services rendered in connection with these two Purchase Orders. NDC will turn these over to EyakTek whom will in turn pass these along to USACE.
4) From this point, EyakTek is completely released from any further contractual obligation, and now NDC must attempt to get their money directly from USACE. This effectively removes EyakTek from the equation moving forward.

In case anyone is having a hard time reading between the lines, this is a resounding victory for the taxpayers! It is very unlikely that NDC will ever see another dime from USACE.

Essentially, when NDC attempts to get whatever money they claim is owed to them from USACE, USACE will want a complete and itemized accounting of all previous invoices in order to properly determine overages. Seeing as the $25m in invoices were padded somewhere in the area of $20m, it is unlikely the remaining $4m that NDC claims they are owed will ever be paid as these likely represent just a fraction of said overages.

How much longer until the lights shut down now? Tick-tock, tick-tock, the clocks are ticking. We've heard from folks on the inside that they've laid off everyone except for essential personnel.

Posted by: question?? ()
Date: December 26, 2011 06:11PM

Would the unrealted case that they mention have anything to do with the Ted Hallas case? Do you think that there would have been even a slight chance that NDC would have gotten away with it? I al surpriseed that the washington post did not mention the fact that Alex Cho is a repeat offender.....

Posted by: NDC_LOLz ()
Date: December 26, 2011 09:38PM

question?? Wrote:
> Would the unrealted case that they mention have
> anything to do with the Ted Hallas case? Do you
> think that there would have been even a slight
> chance that NDC would have gotten away with it? I
> al surpriseed that the washington post did not
> mention the fact that Alex Cho is a repeat
> offender.....

Yes, the unrelated case they are referring to is the case involving Ted Hallas and his former colleague at MED Trends where they were assisting each other with false past performances. When the SBA started looking into this and basically caught Ted Hallas, he ratted out Alex Cho and the USACE scheme in order to save his ass.

I am sure eventually the USACE scheme would have seen the light of day given how brazen it was, but when Ted got caught it simply expedited things. I am sure that Alex and Min are sorry they ever hired Ted Hallas - they probably think they could have gotten away with it all if not for him...

Reminds me of those old Scooby Doo episodes - "we would have gotten away with it all if not for those meddling kids!". LOLz...

Date: December 27, 2011 12:56AM

I am wondering where those so called prepared press releases are from NDC....

Posted by: Who Suffers ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:05AM

GovFraudExposed Wrote:

>
> How much longer until the lights shut down now?
> Tick-tock, tick-tock, the clocks are ticking.
> We've heard from folks on the inside that they've
> laid off everyone except for essential personnel.

Who suffers at the end of the day? Seems like Cho's and Kim will end up making a significant amount of money based on the sale of the company. Although this would not even be close what they would have made had the scandal not been discovered - but still a lot more than what they deserve...

It's the employees that are suffering and will suffer with lost wages and benefits... cant these owners be personally sued by employees for their doings?

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:31AM

Who Suffers Wrote:
>
> Who suffers at the end of the day? Seems like
> Cho's and Kim will end up making a significant
> amount of money based on the sale of the company.
> Although this would not even be close what they
> would have made had the scandal not been
> discovered - but still a lot more than what they
> deserve...

Is this confirmed? Have they indeed sole their assets? Can anyone on the inside confirm this? Any current employees wish to tell us what is going on at the moment?

> It's the employees that are suffering and will
> suffer with lost wages and benefits... cant these
> owners be personally sued by employees for their
> doings?

I've never heard of anything like this before, but they might have a case if they got a single lawyer to represent them, like a class action lawsuit. Why should the Cho's and Kim reap the benefits of their fraud when the rest who played by the books suffer.

Ugh... This is greed at its finest...

Posted by: Chugging ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:37PM

Horndog Wrote:
> Taxpayer Wrote:
> -----
> > Nova Datacom's Min Cho- CEO
>
>
>
> ......I'd hit that

With a Korean Baseball Bat ???

Posted by: Miner Threat ()
Date: December 28, 2011 08:54PM

violence against women should be condemned.

Posted by: FuckNDC ()
Date: December 29, 2011 01:23PM

Miner Threat Wrote:
> violence against women should be condemned.

Violence against women should be condemned yes, but the Alex Cho, Min Cho, and Joe Kim should be tarred and feathered for their actions. Or at least publicly humiliated in addition to serving time for their crimes... that would be justice...

Posted by: Wondering? ()
Date: December 29, 2011 02:51PM

FuckNDC Wrote:
> Miner Threat Wrote:
> -----
> > violence against women should be condemned.
>
> Violence against women should be condemned yes,
> but the Alex Cho, Min Cho, and Joe Kim should be
> tarred and feathered for their actions. Or at
> least publicly humiliated in addition to serving
> time for their crimes... that would be justice...

Is anyone aware of Joe & Min being investigated? Why is it being suggested that they would be serving time? They prolly will be playing with FU $$$'s once NDC is sold - though not sure how much that would be worth?

Date: December 29, 2011 03:50PM

Wondering? Wrote:
>
> Is anyone aware of Joe & Min being investigated?
> Why is it being suggested that they would be
> serving time? They prolly will be playing with FU
> $$$'s once NDC is sold - though not sure how much
> that would be worth?

From what we've heard in the office, Min is only being investigated to the extent that she assisted in the obstruction of justice when the initial investigation began, working with Alex and several others to delete emails and other evidence that might be used against them. To that extent, she is only seen as a corroborator and not the main culprit. We've heard she'll also probably be placed on the governments debar list (EPLS) since she was only listed as the CEO and owner of the company so that they could get minority woman owned status - everyone knows that Alex was the real owner and face of the company.

A few reliable sources who may be asked to testify against the Cho's and Joe Kim in court have stated that there is more to be revealed - apparently USACE might have been just the tip of the iceberg and Alex may have made inroads in a few other government agencies as well.

To top it off, Joe Kim is being investigated for obstruction of justice (for deleting critical emails and other assorted records), as well as tax fraud, lying under oath to federal investigators, etc.

There is lots more to come...

Posted by: eiknizuo ()
Date: January 01, 2012 08:48PM

A little press on Nova Datacom and Eyak to start out the new year.....

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/12/moneylaundering-ring-called-one-most-brazen

Happy New Year Min !

Posted by: i_love_min_cho ()
Date: January 02, 2012 02:59PM

I just want to know one thing... why didn't Min and Alex follow their parents advice?
Attachments:
mcho2.JPG

Posted by: Lookin ()
Date: January 02, 2012 03:02PM

Too generic

Posted by: Someone close ()
Date: January 02, 2012 09:22PM

Just to set the record straight Young was a minor when the armed robbery case happened and Amy's sister and the police officer got a divorce over 9 years ago. I am sorry to hear all the bad things that have happened to you all but the judicial system will take care of making it right.

Posted by: oh wow ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:17AM

Oh wow, its surprising to best that her sister got a divorce. I always thought that they had a sincere union. Oh well I guess things happen. And now I hear that amy has moved back to LA. Yeah I couldn't really see her staying here cuz she would not be able to tale the embarrassment and shame.

Posted by: curious bystander ()
Date: January 03, 2012 02:00AM

Someone close Wrote:
> Just to set the record straight Young was a minor
> when the armed robbery case happened and Amy's
> sister and the police officer got a divorce over 9
> years ago. I am sorry to hear all the bad things
> that have happened to you all but the judicial
> system will take care of making it right.

Hi, I'm just curious, I'm not sure if this is true or not but one of the other people on this forum mentioned that Alex and Min were also running a string of Korean Massage Parlors throughout the Washington DC metropolitan area in order to launder some of the money they were obtaining through improper means... does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Posted by: i heard ()
Date: January 03, 2012 10:03AM

I didn't know he was a minor. But I do know that the judge was really hard on him. Especially for a first offense. Does anyone know if he will get deported after he serves this time? I know that ICE is a separate agency and makes their own decisions. With 2 felonies under his belt, deportation doesn't seem too far fetched. Bu the way, I read all the docs posted, and there was mention of obstruction of justice, while he was out awaiting sentencing. Does anyone know what he did to obstruct justice?

Posted by: I_Know ()
Date: January 03, 2012 10:12AM

i heard Wrote:
> I didn't know he was a minor. But I do know that
> the judge was really hard on him. Especially for a
> first offense. Does anyone know if he will get
> deported after he serves this time? I know that
> ICE is a separate agency and makes their own
> decisions. With 2 felonies under his belt,
> deportation doesn't seem too far fetched. Bu the
> way, I read all the docs posted, and there was
> mention of obstruction of justice, while he was
> out awaiting sentencing. Does anyone know what he
> did to obstruct justice?

NO He was not a minor
he was 19

Posted by: Someone close ()
Date: January 03, 2012 10:41PM

He was a minor when the crime was committed perhaps not by the time he got sentenced.

Posted by: Oogruk ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:56AM

Word travels slow to Alaska, but the local paper finally did get around to running the story about Nova Datacomm.

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/03/2243753/details-of-contracting-scam-brought.html#disqus_thread

Posted by: Interesting ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:11AM

Someone close Wrote:
> He was a minor when the crime was committed
> perhaps not by the time he got sentenced.

What was the sentence? Is that another reason why the company wasn't under his name? Obviously, the woman owned status helped - but maybe he couldnt become a citizen based on his criminal past and that affected how the company could win federal contracts?

Posted by: Hummm ()
Date: January 05, 2012 03:16PM

I find this a very interesting case on Federal Contracting Fraud. I'm just wondering, will the Government get any of this money back? It sounds like there is a lot of things like this going on within Federal Contracts. IF the Government Patrolled these small business programs better and made the thieves pay the millions back that they steal, the US probably could bail itself out of debt.

Posted by: information ()
Date: January 08, 2012 10:41PM

Does any one know what alex did to cause the govt to schedule an emergency meeting. I just read the court documents but it did not outline what the obstruction of justice was pertaining to. Only started that the govt received information that during his time of cooperation with the fbi, alex had obstructed justice. I wonder what this does to the plea agreement signed in September. I must say that this guy really has some guts (delusional ) but guts! Robs the govt and during the time he is supposedly helping the FBI, he goes and obstructs justice. During the time he has the fbi literally as his new bff! Wth....

Posted by: eeeeeeeer ()
Date: January 08, 2012 10:46PM

My hunch is that is has probably something to do with hiding assests for the planned move to california. Amy doesn't work or have any skill and they still have 2 young boys to raise. I am sure during his tome out, he was preparing for his time away for his family.

Date: January 09, 2012 10:28AM

information Wrote:
> Does any one know what alex did to cause the govt
> to schedule an emergency meeting. I just read the
> court documents but it did not outline what the
> obstruction of justice was pertaining to. Only
> started that the govt received information that
> during his time of cooperation with the fbi, alex
> had obstructed justice. I wonder what this does to
> the plea agreement signed in September. I must
> say that this guy really has some guts (delusional
> ) but guts! Robs the govt and during the time he
> is supposedly helping the FBI, he goes and
> obstructs justice. During the time he has the fbi
> literally as his new bff! Wth....

According to court records, even though the majority of documents have been unsealed, a few remain sealed for reasons yet unknown. The following materials remain sealed for the time being:

1) transcript of the hearing held on Nov. 4th, 2011 (the day after authorities learned of new obstruction of justice charges committed by Alex)
2) the Governments motion to unseal case
3) transcript of another hearing held on Nov. 30th, 2011
4) Defendant's Opposition to Government's motion to unseal case (Yes, Alex really did not want to public to learn the details surrounding this case and has gone to great lengths to ensure that it remained sealed for as long as possible)
5) Government's reply in support of it's motion to unseal case
6) transcript of hearing held on Dec. 14th, 2011
7) transcript of hearing held on Dec. 16th, 2011
8) Court's Order concerning the defendant's incarceration (I think we already know that they decided to keep him behind bars for the time being).

Eventually, all of this will be unsealed and when it is it I am sure it will reveal much more about Alex's shady behavior and insight into his true character.

What we've heard from insiders close to the case is that the obstruction charges stem from his involvement to cover his tracks in other illicit activities, in other words, the scheme at USACE might have been just one scheme amongst many. It is also alluded that he made attempts to hide money from the investigators so that it couldn't be forfeited, purchasing gifts for his wife and through other attempts.

There is also reason to believe that he gave instruction to IT personnel within Nova Datacom to delete emails and other records which might implicate him in further activities. As part of his original plea bargain he was also required to work with the IRS to give them an actual accounting of Nova Datacom's finances since 2007. According to sources close to the investigation, apparently he directed IT personnel to delete information which might have provided the IRS with details concerning tax fraud taking place at NDC.

Posted by: NDC_LOLz ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:20PM

GovFraudExposed Wrote:
> According to court records, even though the
> majority of documents have been unsealed, a few
> remain sealed for reasons yet unknown. The
> following materials remain sealed for the time
> being:
>
> 1) transcript of the hearing held on Nov. 4th,
> 2011 (the day after authorities learned of new
> obstruction of justice charges committed by Alex)

I'm pretty sure the reasons that some of these documents are still sealed are for the same reason his initial case was sealed. It seems highly likely that if he was involved in similar schemes with other government agencies, then there are probably a number of active investigations taking place. The feds will need to keep this tightly sealed until they are ready to pounce...

Alex is truly fucked... he is going to be an old man by the time he gets out of jail at this rate...

Date: January 11, 2012 11:56PM

I guess it's no secret now so I'll be the first to tell everyone that Nova Datacom is being purchased by TorreyPoint. There are going to be some layoffs coming, but some of the IT personnel will remain on as part of the TorreyPoint team.

Joe Kim was recently arrested and charges are pending regarding his involvement in obstruction of justice. It is expected that Joe will be heading up the IT side of TorreyPoint's East Coast operations, although not sure how the recent arrest will affect that decision...

Posted by: not_banthony ()
Date: January 12, 2012 09:17AM

banthony Wrote:
> I guess it's no secret now so I'll be the first to
> tell everyone that Nova Datacom is being purchased
> by TorreyPoint. There are going to be some layoffs
> coming, but some of the IT personnel will remain
> on as part of the TorreyPoint team.
>
> Joe Kim was recently arrested and charges are
> pending regarding his involvement in obstruction
> of justice. It is expected that Joe will be
> heading up the IT side of TorreyPoint's East Coast
> operations, although not sure how the recent
> arrest will affect that decision...

banthony = ainguillo?

How credible is this news on Mr. Kim?

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: January 12, 2012 07:54PM

So does nova datacom keep any of the profit or does the govt get it as part of the plea bargain with Alex. And Joe was arrested? I thought he was going to have all of us arrested on this forum of something or such?????

Posted by: Snoopy Eyed Pete ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:30PM

Ohhh....you can bet that their loot is safely stashed overseas somewhere......

Posted by: blondie ()
Date: January 18, 2012 01:27PM

Does it really matter if he was a minor or not? the point here is that HE HAD SOMEONE AT A GUN POINT TO ROB.....
that is the point here. That NO GOOD, looser needs to serve time.

Posted by: HardyHar ()
Date: January 19, 2012 02:52PM

blondie Wrote:
> that is the point here. That NO GOOD, looser needs
> to serve time.

Well according to the court records he'll be doing a lot of that... looks like anywhere from 7 years minumum to upwards of 30 years. And that was before the new information came out about further obstruction of justice charges. He'll be an old man by the time he gets out...

Date: January 19, 2012 09:59PM

Wow 7 years minimum is a long time to be away from the kids. In the regard I do have much sympathy for those family. What boggles my mind is didn't they think about such repercussions. While conjuring up the entire scheme? I do feel sincerely sorry that Amy has to raise her kids alone. And I know that the feds require that ppl serve most of their sentence too. I think it is upwards of 75%. Sad.....

Posted by: Eye Can See Clearly Now ()
Date: January 20, 2012 03:26AM

So the taxpayers get to pay for his 3 hots and a cot.

Fuck that, send him back to Korea I say.

Date: January 20, 2012 10:20AM

elizabeth Wrote:
> Wow 7 years minimum is a long time to be away from
> the kids. In the regard I do have much sympathy

> alone. And I know that the feds require that ppl
> serve most of their sentence too. I think it is
> upwards of 75%. Sad.....

Do the feds allow conjugal visits? If not, Alex is going to need to get a fifi... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fifi :-D

Posted by: I.M. Notfifi ()
Date: January 20, 2012 01:01PM

or he'll have to change his name to Fifi......

Date: January 20, 2012 02:28PM

I.M. Notfifi Wrote:
> or he'll have to change his name to Fifi......

Yeah he'll be the Asian fifi in prison... the other inmates will be all like "Hey pretty korean boy, bend over. I need to give you some Beef Bulgogi"...

Posted by: Wholesome Bob ()
Date: January 21, 2012 11:14AM

muahahahahahahahaha........enjoy prison Alex.

Date: January 22, 2012 11:31PM

Sad news people
Alex will be out in 7months
Hr copped a plea and the deal was 12years all but 1year suspended and with the time he has been in he'll be out in 7months

Posted by: what??? ()
Date: January 23, 2012 09:25AM

Bdot: how accurate is this info? On his plea agreement it showed the sentencing guidelines and I heard that in federal cases the judge has to be within the guidelines and that there is a minimum he has to serve under the point system. And he has not get been moved into the federal prison system, which makes it seem that his official sentencing has not taken place yet. .....

Date: January 23, 2012 12:55PM

Bdot Wrote:
> Sad news people
> Alex will be out in 7months
> Hr copped a plea and the deal was 12years all but
> 1year suspended and with the time he has been in
> he'll be out in 7months

Not really sure where you are getting your information from, but I find your claims doubtful. Take a look at Alex's plea bargain - http://www.scribd.com/doc/76156177/Alex-Cho-Plea-Agreement-CTO-Nova-Datacom

In section B. Acceptance of Responsibility, it gives Alex a total preliminary offense level of 33. The maximum points that can be allocated in Federal Sentencing Guidelines are 43, so for Alex to receive a point level of 33 is very high. Officials are taking this very seriously because of the bribing of public officials.

Also take a look at section D. Criminal History Category and Applicable Guidelines Range for more information, it shows the stipulated time that Alex will be doing based on US Federal Sentencing Guidelines - since this is not his first crime (he is a Criminal History Category II) coupled with the guidelines, it states it will be anywhere as low as level 27 (78-97 months) or as high as level 39 (292-365 months). And this was before the new obstruction of justice charges which will only make his current offense level of 33 even higher.

For additional information, take a look at US Federal Sentencing Guidelines basics -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Federal_Sentencing_Guidelines#Guidelines_basics

It states, "A 2- or 3-level offense level decrease is typically granted for acceptance of responsibility if the defendant accepts a plea bargain. However, the decrease will not apply if the defendant demonstrates behavior, such as continued criminal activity, that is inconsistent with acceptance of responsibility."

And even thoough these guidelines are not mandatory, Federal Judges almost invariably use the Guidelines at least as a starting point when sentencing federal criminal defendants. Additionally, there is specific federal case law that indicates if the Judge is to increase or decrease that recommended sentence by more then a certain percentage, there must be written reasons why they are departing from that sentence.

All of this means based on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines he will need to do anywhere from 6.5 years all the way up to 30 years. And his points will be going up as a result of his continueed criminal behavior after signing the plea agreement. Bare minimum I can't see him doing anything less than the 6.5 years (minus time already served).

Date: January 23, 2012 11:06PM

I could be very wrong about the info and hopefully I'm.
I was given this info from someone that is involved in the case.
No clue on how accurate the info is and my apoligies if I'm wrong about this.

Posted by: did u know ()
Date: January 24, 2012 12:56AM

Did you know that on the day of sentencing, the public or any victims can go to court and plead to the judge not to deviate from the federal sentencing guidelines. I have never heard of a case, where they would supsend 12 years, especially for a repeat offender. That is just unheard of. And the principle that is in the law books "is the punishment must fit the crime". This is a of course from morality of law. I say this because judges are appointed and not elected. Thus they carry a heavy burden to keep in force the morality of law and punishment. I honestly cannot see 12 years being suspended. But in this country, you never know. If victims of nova datacom want their voices heard, the best thing to do is to write a letter to the presiding judge, prior to the actual sentencing date and even better to show up in court. I am not sure if the victims will have the floor or the ear of the presiding judge, should they attend, however writing letters, is more powerful than one might think. On that note, I wish both the victims and alex a fair and just sentencing!

Posted by: FeelingBetrayed ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:19PM

I feel so duped, I just got called into the office today by manager Joe Kim and they are letting me go. They are basically paying me until this Friday with no severance and my insurance is only good until the end of the month. to top it off, Joe was incredibly rude and just treated me like a piece of garbage. he actually had me escorted out of the building!

I spent the last 2 years trying to do my best to help this company grow and this is how they treat me?!?!

Posted by: I Feel Your Pain ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:06PM

You're not alone, this apparently is the new business model today. You're just the tool that's used to help them get to where they want to be, face it, they were just using you.

I experienced the same kind of rude behavior with my former employer, except that I fired them and escorted myself off of the premises.

I have no regrets whatsoever, in fact since my departure I've discovered even more hinkiness on their part, I'm convinced more than ever that I made the right move.

Posted by: Another Contractor is Charged ()
Date: January 25, 2012 02:48AM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime-punishment/2012/01/another-contractor-charged-20m-army-kickback-scheme/2131801

Another contractor charged in $20m Army kickback scheme
By: Scott McCabe | 01/24/12 8:05 PM
Examiner Staff Writer Follow Him @Scott_McCabe
Another contractor has been charged as an Army Corps of Engineers employee is expected to plead guilty in one of the largest federal contracting bribery schemes in United States history, charging documents said.
Robert L. McKinney, founder and president of the Waldorf-based Alpha Technology Group, was charged in federal court Monday with bribery of a public official, documents show.

He joins four other defendants -- two Army Corps contracting officials and two businessmen -- charged in the alleged $20 million kickback scheme.

Posted by: sorry ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:45PM

I thought Joe Kim was arrested and charged for obstruction of justice....is there any truth to this?

Posted by: NDC Employed and Hating It ()
Date: January 26, 2012 05:42PM

sorry Wrote:
> I thought Joe Kim was arrested and charged for
> obstruction of justice....is there any truth to
> this?

I was personally in the office a few weeks ago when the feds came in and escorted him out of the building in handcuffs. The word in the office is he's been charged but he's free on bail for the time being until his court hearing. He's been back in the office and milling about acting like nothing happened.

Although he's slated to head up the East Coast engineering operations when the TorreyPoint acquisition is complete, I'm not sure if that will happen now that he's facing charges in this mess...

Posted by: name? ()
Date: January 27, 2012 12:00AM

Is joe kim his real legal name?

Posted by: Ex_NDC ()
Date: January 27, 2012 12:50AM

name? Wrote:
> Is joe kim his real legal name?

His real legal name is Joo H Kim. He's married to Grace Kim. They live on 7440 Ridge Oak Court Springfield, VA.

Posted by: AntiFraud ()
Date: January 27, 2012 08:40AM

Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 7

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.