HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: FBI Raids Neighbors House
Posted by: reagan ()
Date: November 19, 2012 05:04PM

Anyone know what Hallas's sentence was?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kharma is a Bitch ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:31PM

http://www.law360.com/whitecollar/articles/395343/nova-datacom-exec-gets-15-months-for-20m-contract-scheme

Nova Datacom Exec Gets 15 Months For $20M Contract Scheme

By Stewart Bishop

Law360, New York (November 20, 2012, 5:26 PM ET) --

A former senior executive at information technology and planning company Nova Datacom LLC was sentenced Monday to 15 months in prison, after pleading guilty last year to helping orchestrate a federal contract scam that allegedly cost the U.S. government more than $20 million.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of the District of Columbia imposed the sentence on Theodoros Hallas of Rockville, Md. After prison, Hallas was ordered to serve three years of supervised release, according to the docket.
Attachments:
DSC00661.jpg

Posted by: unreal ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:07PM

thats it?!??!?!?

Alex is gonna get 20 yrs!

Posted by: Listen Hear ()
Date: November 21, 2012 01:39PM

"On August 18, 2011, at the request of Min Cho, Kwon met Alex and Min at Nova Datacom's offices. During the meeting, Alex intentionally and silently motioned to Kwon that Alex was wearing a recording device."

Has anyone considered doing a FOIA request for these undercover audio recordings ?

http://www.foia.gov/report-makerequest.html
Attachments:
n1060944654_30088755_7797.jpg

Posted by: status update ()
Date: November 23, 2012 10:44AM

@Govfraudexposed, do you know where and how we can view Alex cho's sentencing memorandum? any update on min cho or Joe Kim?

Posted by: LMGTFY ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:49AM

http://www.pacer.gov/

1:11-cr-00267-EGS All Defendants USA v. CHO
Date filed: 09/09/2011
Date of last filing: 11/20/2012

Docket Information and Related Docket Entries
Case 1:11-cr-00267-EGS
Filed: 11/20/2012
Entered: 11/20/2012
Entered By: clv,
Event Name(s): Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings
Full Docket Text:
Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to YOUNG N. CHO: Mr. Cho shall file a receipt and acknowledgment by 1/3/2013; defendant memorandum in aid of sentencing due by 1/16/13; United States memorandumi aid of sentencing due by 1/23/13; Sentencing set for 1/30/2013 02:00 PM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (clv, )
Attachments:
DSC02889.JPG

Posted by: minchofan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:09AM

WHY ISN'T MIN CHO IN JAIL. SHE WAS THE CEO OF THE COMPANY, IS SHE THE ONLY ONE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS CRIME?

Posted by: Mary Jo Green ()
Date: December 01, 2012 02:35AM

Yes, CEO min Cho committed a wide variety of deceitful and amoral protectionist offense while she ran around the office screaming unitelligent meanderings in hungul as if her head had been cut off like a little chicken. She was clueless, and as a result she is likely to be discredited by her peers, community, and by those to whom she even promised good projects for her favorites. No doubt, she was approached to be set up from day one to ptotect the family enterprise that would eventually bring great discredit to her, her family, her co- workers, her stanoffish partners, benefactors who never really learned the truth. And probably said what many thought as convictions began to climb: "Wow, I thought this place operated in a compartmented manner, now I know why". Nevertheless, I am glad she liked to talk with me. But I could always sense an undeliying rage and a cancerous chunkn of dissertion. Follow the money and see where it really goes. The many thieves from many organization now convicted and have time to think of their theft can now reflect on all the craziness that caused their fall into the darkness, not to mention a few pretty wild paties at home and abroad. For what? It was crooked from the start wasn't it-- this is what the court docs have showed. Thank God the investigators acted swiftly before anyone really got hurt. What a soory farce. The Investigation teams would be wise to continue this for a year or more longer to get to the bottom of it all to learn just how these criminals got themselves into any ugly situation in the first place--an environment that leaves so much open to our imaginations, and one that, unfortunately would adversely impact so many good people whom needlessly had to suffer. Min had to hide everything and play musical chairs in many closed door and shut room meetings including her own little dictatorial platform, from which continuing deceit would attemp to put as good a face as possible to cover a quickly matastasizing cancer of lies. Oh how it must have hurt. Yes, I think most of those of us who worked with her for over two or three years, have come to see her as what she ultimately became: a simple bank clerk who got herself wrapped up in an ugly swim way in over her head, and far out to sea. From where I sat, there would be no rest from being on the receiving side of veiled deceit and unexplained dalliances into the absurd. The real crime here, as I see it, is that the sentences of the many convicted criminals were far to lenient. People who break the trust of the American taxpayer demand that the real price of grand theft and fraud to hard-earned taxpayer funds to support hedonistic life-styes, houses, a mistress across the Pacific, luxury cars, jewels, large amount of funds moved overseas to who plied their trades and snuggled way too close to the enterages of the convicted USACE managers would make for a great best selling book. And with a little more investigative prowess to bring all thevdocs and discussions together in a way the defined how and why this all began would surely find a hefty book advance that would strikevfear into snyone serbing in a governent trust position. Seems like a good backdrop for the next 007 movie-- with the opening seen on a flight to Seoul to find the little vixen stumpet and her new wheels and fly bed. What a travesty? It should make anyone want to throw up in the laps of those convicted and others who pobably should be convicted. Or make you want want to vomit all over Min's lost soul? And think of all the truly dissolutioned friends of Min, Bill, Joe, and other managers who made conscious decisions to remain at the helm to salvage what was possible once they knew the facts were out then chose to cross the river to secure resurrection and redemption over time. Was there ever a conversation that didn't quite feel right? Did any of us ever get to see numbers that were correct that couldn't be tainted if only due to the early fraud that started to bring out the physical, emotional and psychological chains that invisibly wrapped themselves around the necks of the dozens of good and innocent employees Nova Datacom? I can only hope that for those caught in the middle of this ugly firestorm that they learned a few great lessons and will commit themselves to find ways to spin off new companies where they can be free to conqueor the space they ruled and also had high hopes for contiuning to command with their excellent skills and credentials. The lesson then, for all who have visited this lengthy tome of "angst released" and finger pointing to deal collectively with the misfortune of untold sadness and psychological scaring that must still exist for some, and will forever be for some others an event that will take time to fathom and uncommon courage to walk away from when the good minds decided to step up and out. I wish for those of us who remain to come together and seek and honorable exit or comfotable future where we are, one that can propel the innocent to accomplish great things again for a worthy leadership team that can set us free to do the great work we know we can for the American taxpayers. Quite a learning experience thus far,wouldn't most of us agree? For our own sake, I hope we can recollect our pride, and repurpose ourselves to want to do the right things with those we've grown closer to as a result of what we have been through together and somehow rid ourselves of the nightmare of having to sit with, or stand in front of (or worse) directly interface with those who somehow were taken down an evil path, and couln't escape the addiction of doing things that fully (or partly) adversely impacted our own lives, as well as those of family members, partners, customers and the other innocents that didn't see it, until it was too late. I need a new pair of shoes this weekend that will help me walk fearless and lead me on a new path. Anyone want to go shopping with me? Lets get back to making a future we can be proud of. I'm in. Anyone else?

Posted by: wenbsyiwll ()
Date: December 01, 2012 05:32PM

ok

Posted by: SIRESJ DOKO ()
Date: December 10, 2012 11:10AM

http://7thspace.com/headlines/427716/brother_of_former_government_employee_sentenced_to_two_years_in_prison_in_bribery_and_kickback_scheme_involving_government_contracts.html

WASHINGTON—Nazim S Khan, 49, the brother of a former program manager with the United States Army Corps of Engineers, was sentenced today to two years in prison for his role in a case involving bribery, kickbacks, and federal government contracts. Khan, of Accokeek, Maryland, pled guilty in June 2012 in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia to a charge of conspiracy to commit interstate transportation of stolen property. Upon completion of his prison term, Khan will be placed on three years of supervised release. He also has agreed to an order of forfeiture in the amount of $83,403.
Attachments:
christmas_in_prison.tiff

Posted by: 123nowallsingalong ()
Date: December 10, 2012 11:25AM

0h the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive
Attachments:
cip.jpg
merryminxmas.jpg

Posted by: The Inspector ()
Date: December 27, 2012 12:05AM

The reason that Min Cho is not in jail is because the investigation is still on-going.

From the Office of the Inspector General Small Business Administration
Semiannual Report to Congress Fall 2012

http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/FINAL_FALL%202012_SAR.pdf

Page 8:

In a continuing multi-agency investigation, 12 individuals have thus far been charged in a scheme involving more than $30 million in bribes and kickback
payments.

There are two other notable write-ups as well, Copper River makes it into the latest 2012 SBA OIG semiannual report to Congress on page 32.

Here is some background on that particular write up.

ROM 10-16 - SBA’s Planning and Award of the Customer Relationship Management Contracts, 6/29/10
Date Issued: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Report Number: ROM 10-16

http://www.sba.gov/office-of-inspector-general/874/5203

"The former contracting officer who awarded the contracts also told us that he was under extreme pressure from senior SBA officials to quickly make the awards to Copper River and DRT"

"Ultimately, Copper River did little, if any, discernable value-added work for this procurement."

On page 15 of the 2012 semiannual SBA/OIG report to Congress we find this little nugget:

Individual and 8(a) Participant Suspended

The SBA suspended an individual and an 8(a) Business Development Program Participant for making false statements to the SBA and allowing the participant to act as a front company for entities that were not approved to participate in the 8(a) Business Development Program. Front companies deny legitimate 8(a) participants contract and development opportunities.

I'd bet lunch at Subway that this passage relates to the SBA OIG reports 10-11 and 10-07, both of which deal directly and specifically with the holding company of Copper River, Alaska Native General Services, LLC.

Report 10-11 - Irregularities Involving Alaska Native Technologies, LLC, 4/29/10
Date Issued: Thursday, April 29, 2010
Report Number: 10-11

http://www.sba.gov/office-of-inspector-general/872/5168

Report 10-07 - Audit of SBA Regulations Relating to Unconditional Ownership Requirements for Indian Tribes,
1/25/10
Date Issued: Monday, January 25, 2010
Report Number: 10-07
Date: January 25,2010

http://www.sba.gov/office-of-inspector-general/872/4863

No wonder these Copper River boys had to hire Jon Devore to straighten things out, it seems that the SBA OIG is very well acquainted with this gang.
Attachments:
illsortitout.jpg

Posted by: Here Come Da Judge ()
Date: January 18, 2013 02:00PM

Date Filed 01/17/2013

Docket Text

MINUTE ORDER. In a hearing before Magistrate Judge John M. Facciola on September 20, 2011, defendant entered a plea of guilty. On that same day, the magistrate judge issued a Report and Recommendation advising the Court to accept defendant's plea.

The Court has received no objection to the Report and Recommendation. See Local Crim. R. 59.2(b) ("Any party may file for consideration by the district judge written objections to the magistrate judge's proposed findings and recommendations... within 14 days after being served with a copy thereof.").

Accordingly, the Court hereby adopts defendant's guilty plea. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on January 17, 2013. (lcegs2) (Entered: 01/17/2013)

http://www.pacer.gov/
Attachments:
tumblr_l992rkpxqN1qze1jro1_500.jpg

Posted by: Gotta bad feelin ()
Date: January 19, 2013 01:49AM

Tip of the iceberg, so many 8a firms in d.c. Area tied too all of this.
Where can I report and will anything be done about it.

Posted by: HLMGTFY ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:20AM

http://www.sba.gov/office-of-inspector-general/7494

You may report fraud, waste, mismanagement, or misconduct involving SBA programs or employees by calling the OIG Hotline toll-free at (800) 767-0385

SBA Complaint Submission Form:

http://web.sba.gov/oigcss/client/dsp_welcome.cfm

December 2012
REGIONAL ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATIONS Status 40 Years after Establishment, and
Future Considerations

What GAO Found:

http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-13-121
Attachments:
tumblr_l00v3aUO6V1qze1jro1_500.jpg

Posted by: update anyone? ()
Date: January 30, 2013 01:45PM

Is is not the day of judgement today for Mr. Alex Cho AKA Young Nho Cho? Unfortunately I could not access Pacer. If anyone know the final sentencing outcome today or has a link to the documents, PLEASE POST!!!! I sincerely thank you in advance....

Date: January 30, 2013 07:06PM

I'll be doing a FOIA request for the undercover recordings, that should be fun....

01/17/2013

Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to YOUNG N. CHO: defendant sentencing memorandum due by 2/12/13; government sentencing memorandum due by 2/19/2013; Sentencing set for 2/26/2013 02:00 PM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (clv, ) (Entered: 01/17/2013)

01/17/2013 MINUTE ORDER.

In a hearing before Magistrate Judge John M. Facciola on September 20, 2011, defendant entered a plea of guilty. On that same day, the magistrate judge issued a Report and Recommendation advising the Court to accept defendant's plea. The Court has received no objection to the Report and Recommendation.

See Local Crim. R. 59.2(b) ("Any party may file for consideration by the district judge written objections to the magistrate judge's proposed findings and recommendations... within 14 days after being served with a copy thereof.").

Accordingly, the Court hereby adopts defendant's guilty plea. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on January 17, 2013. (lcegs2) (Entered: 01/17/2013)
Attachments:
l.jpeg

Posted by: Personal ()
Date: January 31, 2013 09:06PM

for all of you that had something to say yall should shove it up yours, this so happens to be one of my family members, and the new's blew everything out of proportion, and if you wernt in the court room to see them sentenced served "JUSTICE" then you guys can go else where. Everyone is in prison now.. hope you LOVE paying for them to be housed for 2800$ a month!!

Posted by: ConcernedNeighbor ()
Date: January 31, 2013 09:16PM

Personal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> for all of you that had something to say yall
> should shove it up yours, this so happens to be
> one of my family members, and the new's blew
> everything out of proportion, and if you wernt in
> the court room to see them sentenced served
> "JUSTICE" then you guys can go else where.
> Everyone is in prison now.. hope you LOVE paying
> for them to be housed for 2800$ a month!!

This was not blown out of proportion. They stole tens of millions of dollars. I saw the expensive cars and expensive remodeling of a house first hand. The guy had no job and had all this stuff. And everyone is not in jail yet. More to come I hope.

Posted by: itsucks ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:10PM

I can imagine how stressful it must be for family. but if u take the time to read ALL of the indictments it is a class a crime. at some points, services were never even rendered but invoices were paid. and the large sums paid out for zero service speak for itself. i am sure many would agree that citizens of this country would rather pay 2800 as opposed to having billions of dollars stolen of our hard earned money. also some of the accused involved are NOT first time offenders. in fact, one of them has been to jail before for robbery....maybe that individual should look deep inside and ask himself why he thinks it is okay to rob, steal and take from innocent people. for the sake of the innocent family members involved, i hope that he has learned his lesson and will never scheme to take what does not belong to him. time heals all wounds, and hopefully your family will move forward and do positive things while healing.....as well as giving back to the world you live in.

wow..........................not just a river in Egypt, I guess.................
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:18PM

Personal Wrote:
> for all of you that had something to say yall
> should shove it up yours, this so happens to be
> one of my family members, and the new's blew
> everything out of proportion, and if you wernt in
> the court room to see them sentenced served
> "JUSTICE" then you guys can go else where.
> Everyone is in prison now.. hope you LOVE paying
> for them to be housed for 2800$ a month!!

well, ok, personal. if the "new's" blew it out of proportion, please explain to us what REALLY happened......................you know, since we got it all wrong. I know I'd like to hear the truth from you =)

Re: wow..........................not just a river in Egypt, I guess.................
Posted by: GordonBlvd ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:27PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Personal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > for all of you that had something to say yall
> > should shove it up yours, this so happens to be
> > one of my family members, and the new's blew
> > everything out of proportion, and if you wernt
> in
> > the court room to see them sentenced served
> > "JUSTICE" then you guys can go else where.
> > Everyone is in prison now.. hope you LOVE
> paying
> > for them to be housed for 2800$ a month!!
>
> well, ok, personal. if the "new's" blew it out of
> proportion, please explain to us what REALLY
> happened......................you know, since we
> got it all wrong. I know I'd like to hear the
> truth from you =)

+1 LoLz..... <3 you wifey! Please explain the REAL news.... LoLz... like my wife has asked.

Posted by: GovFraudExposed ()
Date: February 01, 2013 12:08AM

FOlks,

Young Cho (AKA Alex Cho) had his hearing delayed. Sentencing will be taking place in a few weeks. We will get the dates and other relevant information up here shortly.

TO the previous poster who said this was blown out of proportion - a $47 million dollar scheme to defraud the government and taxpayers doesn't really seem out of proportion. The additional $980 million contract they had their eyes on doesn't sem out of proportion.

Alex and his cronies wanted success, and the worst part of it all is that they wanted success at the expense of others. They treated a lot of people like crap when they thought they were on top, but it's all coming back to them now. The courts will take a look at all the evidence and will give him an appropriate sentencing based on his actual involvement. The judges don't base their findings from watching the news which according to you was blown out of proportion. The judges in fact look at the evidence and attempt to come up with a fair way to achieve justice.

@GovFraudExposed

Posted by: too bad so sad ()
Date: February 01, 2013 10:53AM

According to the SBA OIG, the investigation is still on-going.

http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/FINAL_FALL%202012_SAR.pdf

"In a continuing multi-agency investigation, 12 individuals have thus far been charged in a scheme involving more than $30 million in bribes and kickback
payments."

I hope these sick little fucks enjoy their time in the Big House, I'll gladly pay my taxes to see that their debt to society is paid in full.

Posted by: anyone? ()
Date: February 01, 2013 11:57PM

Has anyone or does anyone intend to send letters to the judge prior to the sentencing?
Anyone plan on attending the sentencing?

Posted by: anyone? ()
Date: February 01, 2013 11:58PM

Did anyone attend Lee Khan's sentencing? If so, please share details.

Date: February 03, 2013 10:29AM

For fucks sake, it's called a search engine....

Posted by: duh.... ()
Date: February 08, 2013 07:09PM

Hey smartass ...if i could find it on the web ....would i be asking this forum. no need to get ur panties in a bunch. take the stick out ur azz u dumb fuck !!!!!

Posted by: ehuda ()
Date: February 08, 2013 10:25PM

the raid was in your ass faggot

Posted by: I Khan See Clearly Now ()
Date: February 10, 2013 09:54AM

37 months

You can keep track of where these Asshats are holed up, here:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Do you work for Nova Datacom ?
Attachments:
porkeating.tiff

Posted by: ConcernedNeighbor ()
Date: February 11, 2013 03:41PM

Posted by: Justice?? ()
Date: February 16, 2013 06:01PM

Seems like a very light sentence has been given out to all the parties involved so far.
Very eager and curious to see what Alex Cho receives, anything under Ten years would be a joke.

Posted by: Book 'Em Dan-O ()
Date: February 21, 2013 10:50AM

What's incredible is that Min Cho hasn't been charged, yet.

Let's hope the judge throws the book at Alex.

Greedy fuckers.

Posted by: Bubba's Mom ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:49AM

It seems that these miscreants are all being sent to country club prisons too.

That's a shame, I was hoping that they'd get some quality time in a real prison, you know, like Super Max or something.

'Tis a shame.....

Date: February 26, 2013 01:19PM

Update on Alex's sentencing?

Date: February 26, 2013 01:21PM

Bubba's Mom Wrote:
> It seems that these miscreants are all being sent
> to country club prisons too.
>
> That's a shame, I was hoping that they'd get some
> quality time in a real prison, you know, like
> Super Max or something.
>
> 'Tis a shame.....

I agree, yet it was expected being a federal crime instead of state
All of these clowns are going to a camp cupcake and will be out in few years living their luxury life again with their hidden funds.
Fu*king Shame..

Posted by: Greedy Greedy ()
Date: February 27, 2013 07:24PM

Here's the latest from PACER, send that little fucker to prison already !

02/20/2013 Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to YOUNG N. CHO:Defendant's Sentencing Memorandum due by 3/04/2013. Government's Sentencing Memorandum due by 3/13/2013.

Sentencing scheduled for 2/26/13 is vacated. Sentencing set for 3/18/2013 at 01:30 PM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (mac) (Entered: 02/20/2013)

02/22/2013 43 MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Steven J. McCool. by YOUNG N. CHO. (McCool, Steven) (Entered: 02/22/2013)

02/22/2013 MINUTE ORDER as to YOUNG N. CHO: (Status Conference is now set for 2/26/2013 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on 2/22/13. (clv, ) (Entered:

02/22/2013)

02/25/2013 44 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: William R. Cowden appearing for YOUNG N. CHO (Cowden, William) (Entered: 02/25/2013)

02/25/2013 45 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Anthony D. Saler appearing for USA. (Saler, Anthony) (Entered: 02/25/2013)

02/26/2013 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.Status Conference as to YOUNG N. CHO held on 2/26/2013. Sentencing scheduled for 3/18/13 is vacated. Defense motion to withdraw is granted.Status Conference set for 4/25/2013 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.

Bond Status of Defendant: COMMITTED/COMMITMENT; Court Reporter: SUSAN TYNER Defense Attorney: WILLIAM COWDEN/STEVEN MCCOOL; US Attorney: MICHAEL ATKINSON/ANTHONY SALER/JAMES SMITH; (mac) (Entered: 02/26/2013)

Posted by: why ()
Date: February 28, 2013 02:47PM

Why is YOung Cho's court date keeps changing? now it's in April?

Posted by: Crookety Crooks ()
Date: February 28, 2013 09:41PM

why Wrote:
> Why is YOung Cho's court date keeps changing? now
> it's in April?

And why hasn't Min Cho been charged ?
Attachments:
n108351838827_2770023_2307762.jpeg

Posted by: Justice Peace ()
Date: March 03, 2013 03:39PM

Charge all of them and throw them in the slammer!

Date: March 04, 2013 09:48PM

One of my relatives attend the same church as Alex's wife and she still drives a Maserati and just purchased a new home.
Wtf??? Where are they getting this money?
Also I heard his legal fees are over couple hundred thousand already..
Min cho lost her new house before she ever had a chance to live in it yet she still lives in a million dollar home.. Wtf..

Posted by: I am yo Jesus ()
Date: March 04, 2013 11:13PM

It figures that these reprobates profess to be Christians too.

Posted by: xnskjhgf ()
Date: March 05, 2013 12:22PM

I am yo Jesus Wrote:
> It figures that these reprobates profess to be
> Christians too.

Most Koreans go to church to show off wealth and to have their named called during service thanking them for large donation.

Posted by: Father, Father For I Have Sinned ()
Date: March 05, 2013 12:54PM

It's a good place to launder money too, just ask the heirs of the Messiah, Sun Myung Moon.

Posted by: Justice for Min Cho ()
Date: March 15, 2013 12:26AM

Min's day in court is surely coming. They've got to convict all the others first to be able to set the record and timelines perfect. My reading of all the court documents indicates the Min Cho knew exactly what was happening, and she clearly aided and abetted, lied incessantly, and even worse, led others to believe in things that were never true. She stole money, pissing good people off. The investigative authorities have done superb in this multi-faceted case, and while it is far from finished, I would expect the various authorities to come down hard on the evidence against both her and her scheming brother Alex Cho. That is what the long delay is really all about. Min Cho lied to many government executives to hide the truth, to spin the story another way, and to hold out for as long as she could. Business women of the year....hardly, crook of the decade? Well, does anyone really disagree? Stay tuned. The best part of this fascinating multi-jurisdictional investigation is being saved for the end game so that the warning shots that must be fired across the proverbial private sector bow can be heard crystal clear. You do something like this, you are going away for a long time and you will lose everything dear to you. This investigation will also lead to stiffer penalties to be levied under further investigations that are likely to grow out of this monstrosity, and probably involve many of the same people.

Posted by: Happy Easter - Justice is Served ()
Date: March 31, 2013 01:21AM

http://www.law360.com/articles/427383/nova-datacom-president-to-plead-guilty-in-bid-rigging-case

Nova Datacom, President To Plead Guilty In Bid-Rigging Case

Law360, New York (March 26, 2013, 3:32 PM ET) -- Nova Datacom, one of the tech contractors embroiled in the largest bid-rigging case in U.S. history, and its president will plead guilty during an upcoming hearing to new charges, including misrepresenting the company's ownership to win lucrative contract awards as a disadvantaged small business, the company told a federal court Monday.

Nova Datacom, along with president Min Cho, notified the District of Columbia federal court Monday of their intent to plead guilty. Nova Datacom already has shut its doors, and other executives, including Cho's brother, Young Cho, have pled guilty in the wide-ranging probe. The charges are part of a larger, ongoing investigation involving several companies, more than $30 million in bribes and alleged plans to steer a contract worth more than $1 billion.

Nova Datacom was owned by Young Cho, also known as Alex Cho, from 2004 to 2007, but he transferred full ownership to the company to his sister in 2007, according to criminal charges filed March 14 against Min Cho. Under Min Cho's ownership, the company was able to qualify as a woman-owned small business under U.S. Small Business Administration's 8(a) program for disadvantaged contractors.

The criminal charges against Cho say she lied about her intent to run the day-to-day business of the company and was aware that her brother and another Nova Datacom employee intended to withhold evidence during the DOJ's investigation, even physically breaking a computer hard drive in his effort to destroy evidence relevant to the investigation.

She participated in some of the bribes, paying $800,000 to buy a coffee shop, called Seven Monkeys, in a wealthy area of Seoul, South Korea, for a corrupt U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials, and giving herself a $2 million bonus from Nova Datacom, in order to hold the money as a gift for another corrupt official upon his retirement from the corps, prosecutors say.

Cho had been cooperating with investigators since October 2011, when her brother told her that he'd gone to the feds to admit previous obstruction. The DOJ is seeking forfeiture of $6.88 million from Cho.

Alex Cho, Nick Park, a former Nova Datacom employee who later opened his own business, Unisource Enterprise Inc., and Oh Sung Kwon, also known as Thomas Kwon, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Avenciatech, Inc., have pled guilty and are awaiting sentencing.

Min Cho and Nova Datacom are represented by Barbara Ann Van Gelder and Mary Kim of Dickstein Shapiro LLC.

The cases are USA v. Nova Datacom LLC, case number 1:13-cr-00084, and USA v. Cho, case number 1:13-cr-00083, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20130325/ACQUISITION03/303250004/New-charges-filed-bid-rigging-case?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CAcquisition

Nova DataCom’s website is no longer active. An attorney for the company did not respond to messages Monday on the charges, but a plea hearing is scheduled for the company and its president next month.

Separately, prosecutors filed bribery and other charges against Min Jung Cho, who is listed in charging papers as the president of Nova DataCom and as the sister of the company’s chief technology officer, Alex Cho. Court papers show Alex Cho began cooperating in the investigation about two years ago.

While the Nova DataCom website isn’t active anymore, Internet archives show the company’s site included a section on corporate citizenship saying the business was “committed to holding ourselves to a higher standard of integrity and accountability.”

The company’s site also included a host of awards and recognitions, including a listing by the Washington Business Journal in 2010 for the top 50 fastest-growing companies.

Federal procurement records list more than $40 million in contact work awarded to the company over the years by, among others, the Army, Navy and departments of Commerce and Interior, with the most recent purchase order paid out last fall.
Attachments:
cho_min_nova_datacom400.jpg

Posted by: Nova Datascam ()
Date: April 01, 2013 09:23AM

She can hang her awards and plaques on the walls of her cell.
Attachments:
mincho.jpg

Posted by: Jane Bumpit ()
Date: April 02, 2013 10:49AM

+1

Posted by: GovFraudExposed ()
Date: April 03, 2013 12:15PM

Hi folks,

For your reading pleasure, we've uploaded the criminal indictment against Min Cho -
http://www.scribd.com/doc/133837194/Min-Cho-Criminal-Indictment

The salient points from this document are:

- Alex Cho, Min Cho, and Kwon agreed to obstruct the federal criminal investigation of Nova Datacom to avoid detection by the investigators concerning the actual and full scope of the involvement of Alex Cho, Min Cho, Kwon, CC-5, and others in the schemes to pay bribes to Khan, Alexander, and Public Official C.

- Min Cho will be required to forfeit $6,884,948.16.

Her Plea Agreement hearing is currently scheduled for 11AM on 04/11/2013. We will have more information to come after the plea hearing.

Also in other developing news, Steven McCool, counsel for Young Cho, moved to be removed from the case due to irreconcilable differences between himself and the defendant. It is unknown whether Alex has procured a new lawyer. Currently his status hearing is scheduled for 10:30AM on 04/25/2013.

@GovFraudExposed

Posted by: Bummer ()
Date: April 03, 2013 12:29PM

Bummer to be Min Cho

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: April 03, 2013 11:25PM

Would anyone know it Jina Kim's recent arrestis part of this black hole?

Posted by: Roger Roger ()
Date: April 06, 2013 11:23AM

The gift that keeps on giving

"Machen declined to say how law enforcement officials were tipped off, saying he didn't want to disclose "methods and means." He also said the investigation, which involves several law enforcement agencies, remains active."

http://apps.federaltimes.com/mobile/article/304010001
Attachments:
bilde.jpeg

Posted by: nayana18 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:30PM

Min Was in court for her arraignment to her charges...

Judge Emett Sullivan was the judge that got assigned the case...

I wish her good luck....

Posted by: Throw The Book ()
Date: April 11, 2013 05:16PM

I hope they throw the book at her

Posted by: Yippee ()
Date: April 11, 2013 06:49PM

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2013/nova-datacom-llc-and-its-former-president-plead-guilty-in-bribery-scheme-involving-government-contracts

Nova Datacom LLC and Its Former President Plead Guilty in Bribery Scheme Involving Government Contracts

Company Paid Public Officials in Return for Millions in Contracts, Submitted Fraudulently Inflated Invoices

U.S. Attorney’s Office

April 11, 2013

Posted by: Evil eye ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:17PM

Tip of the iceberg people, much more to come between now and end of year. What a mess and hopefully the end to 8(a) bullshit.

Posted by: I'm Confused ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:13PM

This doesn't make any sense, can someone explain this please ?

Another guilty plea entered in Army Corps contracting scheme
By Ann E. Marimow, Updated: Thursday, April 11, 3:37 PM

The former president of a Northern Virginia company pleaded guilty Thursday for her role in what prosecutors have called one of the largest bribery schemes in federal contracting history.

The company also pleaded guilty Thursday, admitting to paying more than $15 million in bribes to the three public officials and more than $790,000 in kickbacks to two other company executives who directed subcontracts to Nova Datacom.

Min Cho, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government, faces up to five years in prison, according to the plea agreement. The now-defunct company, which was based in Chantilly and provided security services to federal agencies and private-sector companies, faces a fine of up to $79 million. But it was not clear how it would pay such a large amount; Min Cho’s attorney, Barbara “Biz” Van Gelder, told U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan that the company does not have any assets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/another-guilty-plea-entered-in-army-corps-contracting-scheme/2013/04/11/89067930-a2cc-11e2-82bc-511538ae90a4_story.html

According to this press release,

http://www.copperriverit.com/copper-river-announces-nova-datacom-asset-purchase/

Nova Datacom was purchased by a company called Copper River Information Technology, a company that's owned by a tribe of Indians in Alaska called the Eyak.

This doesn't make any sense, didn't Harold Babb, one of the defendants in this case, work for Eyak Technologies, a subsidiary of the Eyak Corporation ?

The finance director for the Eyak Tribe used to work for an "invited contractor" for the US Army Corp of Engineers in Seoul, South Korea.

http://www.nveyak.com/Documents/Eyak%20Echo/05%20May%202005%20PDF%20Single%20PG.pdf

On top of that, this man used to work for DT in Saipan at a time that DT was involved in the largest tax evasion fraud against the United States.

http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?newsID=86060

On top of all this, it says here that the former ED of the Eyak Tribe, now works for the Eyak Corporation.

http://www.nveyak.com/pages/executivedirector.html

I'm confused, can somebody help me out here ? What is the difference between the Eyak Tribe and the Eyak Corporation ? How did one arm of the company end up with the assets of the defendant company, all the while its other subsidiary is caught up in the middle of it all ?

This makes no sense.

Posted by: Joe Kim ()
Date: April 17, 2013 01:14AM

Yes indeed, strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Posted by: October Surprise ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:55PM

Posted by: Justice??? ()
Date: April 27, 2013 02:01PM

Did Alex get sentenced on Friday?

Posted by: Freedom ()
Date: April 28, 2013 10:01AM

Alex's sentencing got moved back.

One would think that the new owners would have the good sense to take this down.

http://novadatacom.com/2010/03/nova-datacom-ceo-min-cho-recognized-by-the-washington-business-journal/
Attachments:
mous.jpg

Posted by: Oki Doki ()
Date: April 28, 2013 08:45PM

It is all part of the Grand scheme. Buy companies and have a ton of subsidiaries. When one is about to get busted, you transfer all assets to another subsidiary and make that the primary company. That way you keep one step ahead of the feds.
So much of this going on and that the feds cannot keep up.

Date: April 28, 2013 10:47PM

He'll be alright....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 07:27AM by nayana18.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:38AM

6/26/13 with Sullivan

Praying for him and his family...

Posted by: Slop Trough ()
Date: April 30, 2013 03:23PM

Executive pay balloons for federal contractors; small businesses add up to big gap

By Luke Rosiak-The Washington Times Monday, April 22, 2013

Red River Computer Co., which resells Cisco, Apple and Dell computers to the government, is a company with only 68 employees, yet it paid its top executives more than $5 million in 2011, including $1.2 million to its CEO, Richard Bolduc.
With more than 80 percent of its revenue coming from the federal government, the source of those salaries is clear.
In March 2011, Red River sold the Census Bureau an Apple MacBook Pro for $4,648. Red River was given preference because of its status as a small business. In 2010, it sold an Apple MacBook Pro notebook computer to the Air Force for $6,584. The newest model of that computer can be purchased online from Apple Inc. for $2,799.
“That revenue is basically all coming from taxpayers in the end,” said Scott H. Amey of the Project on Government Oversight.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/executive-pay-balloons-for-federal-contractors/
Attachments:
333863470_7b6d1c14ef_b.jpg

Posted by: The Usher ()
Date: May 02, 2013 02:02AM

Nothing new to see here, please move along now

Posted by: Justice for Min ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:09PM

It was a bad day for Min.

She just lost her two properties at 11600 Hunting Crest Lane, Vienna, VA, and at 6544 Gretna Green Way, Alexandria, VA. She also had to forfeit the contents of her Woori America Bank account, her 2012 Lexus GX 460, and her 2009 BMW 650i. Ouch.

Posted by: Angela Ingueeeeeelo ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:52PM

Hahaha... makes me laugh when I look back and see things like the email that their marketing director put out denying the claims...

-----------------

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 1:36 PM
To: Nova Staff
Subject: Responding to Recent Nova Datacom Events

Good afternoon everyone-

As many of you are aware, we are currently dealing with a crisis situation here and are desperately trying to contain the damage as a result of the entire USACE scandal. There is no doubt that the integrity and reputation of Nova Datacom has been harmed in an irreparable manner.

As you may have heard, Alex's case will be unsealed in the coming months. When this happens, much more information will be revealed regarding the extent and involvement to which Nova Datacom executives were involved in the scandal, which is sure to prompt a large media inquiry. We want to let you know that we are going to begin a marketing campaign with the intent of denying these claims, so that we can calm the storm during acquisition talks that are currently underway. We are preparing statements in advance that we can have on hand as a response to the media when further knowledge about the crisis first becomes known on a widespread basis or by reporters.

As discussed in the staff meeting earlier this week, we are currently in talks with several companies to acquire our remaining assets, but in the meantime it is imperative that we continue to maintain the appearance of business as usual. Anything less than the appearance of business as usual will have an impact on our ability to spin off our assets. In the meantime, as corporate policy we are asking all of you to formally deny any involvement with the scandal if asked for any additional information. If you are uncomfortable denying the allegations, you may direct any inquiries to myself or anyone else in the marketing department.

Due to the sensitive nature of these allegations, and the fluidity of the acquisition, anyone who reveals additional information regarding the true nature of our involvement will be immediately terminated. If in doubt, simply direct these inquiries to marketing.

Thanks for your understanding and for your help in this matter.

Angela Inguillo
Marketing Director

Nova Datacom, LLC
4501 Singer Court | Suite 350 | Chantilly, VA 20151
P: 703.234.3835 | M: 703.618-8344| F: 703.234.9040
ainguillo@novadatacom.com | www.novadatacom.com

"All limitations are self-imposed."

Posted by: hmmm... ()
Date: May 13, 2013 06:01PM

I am always astounded when PR flacks shill for companies which commit crimes. Flacks like Angela Inguillo couldn't have possibly known the depths and nature of the charges against the company's principals. Moreover, to recommend that employees formally deny liability to employees even if they have facts which indicate otherwise, or to threaten firing of the employees if they reveal the true nature of the company's involvement, could very well be deemed to be an obstruction ofjustice. It just floors me that a marketing flack would take on this kind of liability.

Posted by: OK ()
Date: May 14, 2013 12:11AM

OK, obviously they are frauds,

but does anyone else think the government has some hand in all this crap?

They set rules they don't enforce. I thought these 8a company owners couldn't make more than $200,000 in salary, yet I see she has two houses and two cars? And Alex had a bunch of crap too? wtf? Who is watching these guys?

Posted by: Joe Kim ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:13AM

I can't believe you guys are still posting all this nonsense... after all this time you all still don't have a life, wasting your precious time to voice your petty grievances on this stupid forum...

You guys are just jealous that you don't have the business sense to create something from nothing. For everything that everyone says about Min and Alex, the two of them created a $47 million dollar company in just a few short years. How many of you can say the same?

Stupid, stupid people... jealous of others success. Why don't you all just get a life.

Posted by: Dim Bulb ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:56AM

hmmm... Wrote:
> I am always astounded when PR flacks shill for
> companies which commit crimes. Flacks like Angela
> Inguillo couldn't have possibly known the depths
> and nature of the charges against the company's
> principals. Moreover, to recommend that employees
> formally deny liability to employees even if they
> have facts which indicate otherwise, or to
> threaten firing of the employees if they reveal
> the true nature of the company's involvement,
> could very well be deemed to be an obstruction
> ofjustice. It just floors me that a marketing
> flack would take on this kind of liability.

Obviously a dim bulb whose only worry is if her next pay check is going to bounce.

Posted by: Prison Blues ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:02AM

It's really going to suck in prison for Alex.

Posted by: Hoosier Daddy ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:11AM

Joe Kim Wrote:
> I can't believe you guys are still posting all
> this nonsense... after all this time you all
> still don't have a life, wasting your precious
> time to voice your petty grievances on this stupid
> forum...
>
> You guys are just jealous that you don't have the
> business sense to create something from nothing.
> For everything that everyone says about Min and
> Alex, the two of them created a $47 million dollar
> company in just a few short years. How many of you
> can say the same?
>
> Stupid, stupid people... jealous of others
> success. Why don't you all just get a life.

Do you have one, just one contract that isn't government related ?

Just one ?

If it wasn't for the SBA 8A program, you'd have nothing but your dick in your hand.

Who's your daddy ?

http://commerce.alaska.gov/CBP/Main/CBPLSearch.aspx?mode=Official

http://www.sba.gov/office-of-inspector-general/872/5168

Posted by: Prison Blues ()
Date: May 14, 2013 11:39PM

Joe Kim Wrote:
> forum...
>
> can say the same?
>

bwahahahaha......You so funny Joe. They created a 47 million dollar company using fraudulent means, and you call that success ?

Seriously, you're deluded if you believe this, Alex and Min are now convicted felons, I hope the judge makes an example and throw the book at them. They deserve nothing less.

What a bunch of scheisters.

Whose your Daddy ?

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=In%20AKCO%2020110826011.xml

https://roberthenrichs.nationbuilder.com/donate

Posted by: Birdsofafeather Flocktogether ()
Date: May 15, 2013 11:37PM

Joe Kim Wrote:
> forum...
>
> can say the same?
>

Not jealous about the way your friends made their living, and not jealous that they're now convicted felons.

I am however, very jealous of your BMW and cheap Armani suits. I hope that your new employer is making your car payment for you, and I'll bet that Min's 650i can be had for a great price when the Feds auction it off, if you know any used car dealers I'd bet that they could flip something like that for a pretty good profit.

Recognize anyone, Joe ? I do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/dr-phil-life-code_n_3203846.html

Posted by: ANCs Rock ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:38AM

In yet another chapter of this continuing unfolding saga, Steve Giani has resigned from Copper River because it was determined he was embezzling from the company.

The guys at Nova Datacom errr... Copper River IT just can't seem to catch a break. I feel bad for all the honest employees who had to go through the whole Nova Datacom debacle only to end up in yet another shady company doing shady business practices with corporate leaders doing all kinds of shady stuff... What a sham...

Posted by: rwerhdf234htsd ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:21PM

bwahahahahahaha

pics, or it didn't happen.

bwahahahahahaha

Posted by: CrimeDog McGruff ()
Date: May 18, 2013 12:38AM

ANCs Rock Wrote:
> In yet another chapter of this continuing
> unfolding saga, Steve Giani has resigned from
> Copper River because it was determined he was
> embezzling from the company.
>
> The guys at Nova Datacom errr... Copper River IT
> just can't seem to catch a break. I feel bad for
> all the honest employees who had to go through the
> whole Nova Datacom debacle only to end up in yet
> another shady company doing shady business
> practices with corporate leaders doing all kinds
> of shady stuff... What a sham...

That's hilarious if it's true.

Is he going to be charged with a crime ?

Posted by: kdigur9gah ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:00AM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/executive-pay-balloons-for-federal-contractors/

Red River Computer Co., which resells Cisco, Apple and Dell computers to the government, is a company with only 68 employees, yet it paid its top executives more than $5 million in 2011, including $1.2 million to its CEO, Richard Bolduc.
With more than 80 percent of its revenue coming from the federal government, the source of those salaries is clear.

The Eyak Corp., an Alaska Native business that uses its minority status to get contracts and is the sole bidder for most, paid its top five executives nearly $4 million last year, including $1.1 million to Keith Gordaoff.

http://www.dodig.mil/sar/SAR_OCT_2011.pdf

During the reporting period, DCIS investigations led to the recovery of $4,880,943 on behalf of the U.S. government; in addition there were 18 criminal charges, 15 convictions, 15 suspensions and 21 debarments related to spare and substandard parts investigations.

For example, a joint DCIS investigation with the FBI and General Services Administration OIG disclosed that Red River Computer Company Inc. and its president, Breck A. Taylor, had been defrauding the government by not providing the services and products required by the contract.

As a result, on August 15, 2011, the U.S. Department of Justice entered into a civil settlement agreement, in which Red River Computer Company agreed to pay $2.3 million to settle the allegations of fraud.

On September 8, 2011, Breck Taylor plead guilty to two counts of wire fraud, one count of attempted wire fraud and one count of conversion of federal funds. Taylor admitted to defrauding the United States in the amount of $1,084,446.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1525752/000119312511273906/d206888ds1a.htm

5. ALASKAN COMPANY RECEIVABLES
In March 2006, the Company entered into a loan agreement to lend $600,000 to an Alaska Limited Liability Company (the “Borrower”) to provide working capital needs to a subsidiary of the Borrower (“Alaskan Company”). This obligation did not bear interest. It was the Company’s intention to seek approval of the

F-108
Table of Contents

Red River Computer Co., Inc. and Affiliate
Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements
Years Ended December 31, 2010, 2009 and 2008

Small Business Administration (the “SBA”) to enter into a Mentor-Protégé Agreement with the Alaskan Company under the SBA’s Mentor-Protégé Program pursuant to the Code of Federal Regulations (“CFR”) Section 124.520. Repayment of the loan was contingent upon application to this program. During the year ended December 31, 2009, the Company decided not to pursue the Mentor-Protégé program with the SBA. Consequently the loan of $600,000 was deemed to be uncollectable and was removed from the balance sheet and was recorded as a component of general and administrative expense for the year ended December 31, 2009.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090614105128/http://www.redriver.com/markets/government.html

Red River is a certified small business we also have a teaming relationship with Copper River Information Technology, a tribal entity firm, which enables us to satisfy your 8A and set-aside procurement needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJFLg7hchZw
Attachments:
consultants_s640x793.jpg

Posted by: Cartman ()
Date: May 18, 2013 10:57PM

Posted by: HIghEndFraud ()
Date: May 30, 2013 02:10PM

Northern Virginia Magazine

High-End Fraud

Inside the largest contracting scam in American history.

By Jordan Smith

"............ Hallas agreed to wear a wire to record Cho. They met inside Cho’s car. “The purpose of the meeting was to get Cho to admit that he had been in on falsifying the references,” recalls Atkinson. But it was an awkward conversation—Hallas just wasn’t good at hiding what was going on. The conversation was so awkward, in fact, that Cho realized that Hallas was wired. Cho sent a text message in Korean to a man named Thomas Kwon—translated, the message said, “I’m fucked............"

http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/education/business-features/2013/05/24/high-end-fraud/
Attachments:
21818568.jpg

Posted by: auctions ()
Date: June 03, 2013 02:28AM

Anyone know where these properties are eventually auctioned off?

Posted by: In Jail ()
Date: June 05, 2013 11:44AM

Why aren't Kerry & Lee Khan in prison ?

Posted by: Tick Tock ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:50AM

Will Alex get over 30 or under 30 ?

Here's to hoping that Judge Sullivan throws the book at him.

Lying to the Feds, not good, not good.

What about Min Cho ?

How was she able to sell the assets of the company prior to her arrest and indictment ?

Something smells fishy here.

Posted by: curious one ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:56PM

I wonder what sort of plea deal was arranged here.

Posted by: Shell Answer Man ()
Date: June 11, 2013 06:03AM

So many questions, so few answers.

Posted by: asdfadf ()
Date: June 11, 2013 06:15AM

They'll get big sentences to quell the public, and then get out in 8 to 10 years for good behavior. Mark my words.

Posted by: Shit Puppet ()
Date: June 13, 2013 07:28AM

asdfadf Wrote:
> They'll get big sentences to quell the public, and
> then get out in 8 to 10 years for good behavior.
> Mark my words.

I hope you're wong.

Posted by: asdfadf is wrong ()
Date: June 14, 2013 11:38AM

I have mentioned this several times before. There is no parole in the federal system as only a system of relatively modest good time credits exists. Federal prisoners can look forward to serving most all of their sentences, and that is if all goes well (they avoid serious infractions in prison).

Sentences in the federal system are governed by the Sentencing Guidelines. Under recent case law, judges can deviate, but given the financial harm to the Government here, the defendants by and large do not seem to by sympathetic characters, although a reduction in sentence does obtain with truly sincere cooperation.

Again, a reminder in the federal system - it is serious stuff - the sentences are long, and they are real.

Date: June 19, 2013 12:21PM

I hope they all are released from this hype.. they'll get less thatn 7 and will do 86% of their time.. this is the Fed guide lines...

I hope you guys go live your lives...

Posted by: NoMore LifetoLive ()
Date: June 23, 2013 06:14AM

The Feds will reduce a sentence for good behavior.

With that said, I doubt that Alex will be shown mercy as he lied to investigators, and they don't like that much.

I just hope that they throw the book at these fuckers.

As far as Giani is concerned, in Alaska he's still the registered agent for the company, the registered agent in Virginia is listed as somebody else.

I heard that he was planning to retire and is now in the flower business with one of his business partners who got ran out of the SBA 8A program.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/prison-sentence-of-ex-enron-ceo-skilling-cut-by-10-years-2/?_r=0

Prison Sentence of Ex-Enron C.E.O. Skilling Cut by 10 Years

"There is no parole in the federal criminal justice system, but Mr. Skilling will most likely receive the standard 15 percent sentence reduction for good behavior and a one-year reduction for completing an alcohol-abuse treatment program."

Date: June 27, 2013 02:07AM

Does anyone know the outcome of Alex Cho's sentencing?

Posted by: GreedyGreedyGreedy ()
Date: June 27, 2013 10:29AM

Justice?? Wrote:
> Does anyone know the outcome of Alex Cho's
> sentencing?

The outcome of his sentencing is that he hasn't been sentenced yet, the date has been moved back.

There were however some new documents filed this week in Min Cho's case.

Date: June 27, 2013 05:45PM

What good behavior!!!!!!!!! Listen, there is no such thing as good behavior... Its just straight 86% time that you do...

man, if you guys are do bored...

Go take a nap...

Say no to crack...

Date: June 27, 2013 05:48PM

oh, btw... not everyone can get the alcohol or drug program... so getting 18m off is not a given.. this program is call RDAP... get your info straight before talking...nonsense...

stay off crack..

Posted by: MR. ASSWIPE ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:22PM

THE FBI RAIDED MY DICK AND I ENJOYED IT

Posted by: asdfafdaf ()
Date: June 28, 2013 07:51AM

GreedyGreedyGreedy Wrote:
> Justice?? Wrote:
> -----
> > Does anyone know the outcome of Alex Cho's
> > sentencing?
>
>
> The outcome of his sentencing is that he hasn't
> been sentenced yet, the date has been moved back.
>
>
> There were however some new documents filed this
> week in Min Cho's case.

I'm curious to see how much time Min Cho see's.

Posted by: ThrowTheBookAtThem ()
Date: June 30, 2013 08:19AM

asdfafdaf Wrote:
> GreedyGreedyGreedy Wrote:
> -----
> > Justice?? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does anyone know the outcome of Alex Cho's
> > > sentencing?
> >
> >
> > The outcome of his sentencing is that he hasn't
> > been sentenced yet, the date has been moved
> back.
> >
> >
> > There were however some new documents filed
> this
> > week in Min Cho's case.
>
> I'm curious to see how much time Min Cho see's.

Of course, aren't we all ?

Min Cho attempted to hide assets and Alex flat out lied to investigators, their greed and stupidity got the best of them. Let's hope that the judge makes an example of them by throwing the book at them.

Date: July 11, 2013 04:33PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - A former employee of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has been sentenced to more than 19 years in prison for orchestrating a massive contracting fraud.

Continue reading

Kerry Khan, a former program manager with the government, was sentenced Thursday morning in federal court in Washington.

He pleaded guilty last year to his role in a bribery and kickback scheme that prosecutors say stole more than $30 million through invoices that were either bogus or inflated.

Khan used the illegal funds on luxuries including Rolex watches, high-end liquor and fancy hotel stays.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan for a 15-year sentence. Sullivan said it was shocking that Khan was caught on a wiretap discussing a planned sexual encounter with a girl described to him as 15 years old.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/07/kerry-khan-sentenced-in-contracting-fraud-case-91247.html#ixzz2YlrvIbDX
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Pages: Previous1234567AllNext
Current Page: 6 of 7

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.