HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...333334335336337338339340341342343...LastNext
Current Page: 338 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: American Tourister ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:47AM

Bill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is too bad Don is doing a subscription only
> podcast.
>
> I would have listened.
>
> But as with TMOS, I have no interest in paying to
> hear what they have to say.
>
> It's like when Howard went to satellite and you
> could tell how honestly shocked he was that his
> numbers crumbled. Seems like radio people don't
> really understand the amount of people that only
> listen because its free and convenient.

Depends on the price; that simple. I'm not even sure what I'd pay. The move would be make it a 3-month sub initially for, say, $10 or something like that, and then the real price after that. But, as I said, I'm not sure what I'd pay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dons BlackBerry ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:54AM

I was making a point that Don is not living a modest life and he lives a life of luxury. So, why charge listeners money.

Everyone hates on Mike and praises Don. It gets annoying because they are the same. Rather you like Mike or not he puts out a 5 day a week FREE SHOW. Don wants to do it because he's washed up in Radio and his only option to make money is to charge fans for a product that fans can get for free. If he was so generous offer a free option. For the weed guy alcohol and weed are both drugs one is not better than the other.

Just my 2 cents.

Date: March 12, 2014 11:56AM

338, SEMPER FAT.
Attachments:
ATT_1388105871082_images.jpg

Posted by: christ stop apologizing for LFF ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:57AM

Don = set w money.
Mike = no so set w money.

Who gives a shit if Don charges? If you don't have to pay, don't. You folks sure do get defensive about your old LFF.

And MIKE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO CHARGE HIS FANS, DOES HE

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:59AM

Bill Wrote:
> It's like when Howard went to satellite and you
> could tell how honestly shocked he was that his
> numbers crumbled. Seems like radio people don't
> really understand the amount of people that only
> listen because its free and convenient.

Used to listen to Howard on WJFK. Last month I just signed up for Sirius. So that was a long gap for me. Subscription is worth it for me since I also like O and A and Ron and Fez. Plus there are other channels I listen to. I should have done this a long time ago.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:03PM

I would pay for Don's show. At least to check it out in the beginning. If it's good, I may continue. If it sucks then I will move on. Same thing I did with TMOS bonus shows. Too bad those shows live in the Land of Suck.

Posted by: RVA Devil Dawg ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:05PM

Why pay for SiriusXM. You can get it free each month and just need a new email. I listen to O and A daily. Howard on occasion. Howard is still all about me.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:10PM

I would never pay for any podcast when I can get these products for FREE.

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:18PM

Carolla puts out a FREE podcast. When he started it he was a C-level celebrity. Now, a few years later, he is much more popular and sells out venues wherever he goes. His podcast is downloaded by millions of people. He makes money with it and has sponsors. He is even able to sell books about himself that make the best-seller list.

All made possible due to a FREE podcast which is of very high quality.

Don will make almost nothing trying to sell his stupid podcast. On top of that, he will fade from memory inside of a couple years.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:21PM

The Sirius subscription, for me, is cheap enough. I don't need to hassle with signing up for free trials every month. If that's what you're talking about.

If you can find a way of getting pay podcast free of charge then good for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 12:22PM by exffx.

Posted by: Mr deez ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:23PM

I don't mind Don or any podcaster charging a fee- if it's interesting and good content. They have costs to cover and all that.

In fact, I'd rather pay a price and just get the good stuff rather than hear 5 spots hawking an amazon page or flowers/berries/stamps that almost every podcast uses.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:32PM

i'll be curious to see what you think of howard stern lately -- i haven't listened in months, and don't miss it. sad but true. :(

Posted by: Just Sayin ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:48PM

Just listening to yesterdays show where Mike gives a thank you and shout out to loyal listener Hank Rueter for signing up with Oncor Insurance. I have heard P1 Hank's name come up in the past and he seems to be among the most loyal of listeners. He's probably a nice guy in spite of being a koolaid drinker. I wonder, however if Mike was aware of Hank's public congratulations to Buzz on facebook for the new show with Donny G. This is the type of thing that usually gets people blocked and defriended by a jealous and childish O'Meara.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:49PM

didn't think it was possible, but i think robb's getting worse with the interrupting and cackling -- just unlistenable.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:52PM

JC Wrote:
> i'll be curious to see what you think of howard
> stern lately -- i haven't listened in months,
> and don't miss it. sad but true. :(

It's OK. I've been preferring OandA lately. Stern's stuff have been the same thing over and over lately. Especially before the birthday show. I'll FF through some guest interviews when it gets boring of when it's his wife. It does get tiring hearing him drone on about his rich white man problems, but he does make some of it funny. Goofing on each other is still the best part of the show.

I listen to the radio everyday during work, so I have a lot of hours to fill....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 12:52PM by exffx.

Date: March 12, 2014 12:56PM

i'm a bigger fan of jay thomas (on 104, 3:00 - 6:00 EST). i usually record that and listen the next morning.

the stern show just isn't the same anymore -- "hollywood howie" just doesn't do it for me anymore. not bashing the dude, but i found more entertaining stuff to listen to.

also, started listening to covino and rich (104, 12:00 - 3:00 EST), and i didn't really like 'em at first, but they're kinda growing on me.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: March 12, 2014 01:28PM

From Doni's Twitter:
" 2+ hours every day, LIVE 12-2 West , 3-5 East"

Honestly, looking forward to it.
Hoping Doni's "opening up" will prompt RELM and the TMOS Gang to do the same.
Maybe we'll hear something interesting for a change...

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: March 12, 2014 01:44PM

JC Wrote:
> didn't think it was possible, but i think robb's
> getting worse with the interrupting and cackling
> -- just unlistenable.

I haven't listened/watched in over 6 months and I can still hear it.

Good God.

Do you think Mike tells him to do that?

Do you think they have meetings where Mike says "I need more laughter from you guys" ?

Posted by: W0W ()
Date: March 12, 2014 01:55PM

RVA Devil Dawg Wrote:
> Why pay for SiriusXM. You can get it free each
> month and just need a new email.

So ghetto.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:02PM

well adjusted Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > didn't think it was possible, but i think
> robb's
> > getting worse with the interrupting and cackling
>
> > -- just unlistenable.
>
>
> I haven't listened/watched in over 6 months and I
> can still hear it.
>
> Good God.
>
> Do you think Mike tells him to do that?
>
> Do you think they have meetings where Mike says "I
> need more laughter from you guys" ?

Oscar should respond, "Well, try being funnier."

Rob(b) would say, "I CAN'T laugh any harder! All eight chins are jiggling!"

Posted by: confused ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:08PM

The thing that confuses me about Oscar is that he finds TMOS enjoyable at all.

He looks bored, he sounds bored. He doesn't get the 1940's references.

He has other podcasting vehicles.

When I first listened to BOAD after only knowing him from TMOS I was amazed at how he came alive on that show.

Why does he continue with the disaster that is TMOS??

Posted by: bubbyman ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:31PM

Mr deez Wrote:
> I don't mind Don or any podcaster charging a fee-
> if it's interesting and good content. They have
> costs to cover and all that.
>
> In fact, I'd rather pay a price and just get the
> good stuff rather than hear 5 spots hawking an
> amazon page or flowers/berries/stamps that almost
> every podcast uses.

This--- Don has said he doesn't like reading spots, so if it's fairly cheap I have no problem paying.

TMOS, RELM, and BOAD all want $100/yr for a few hours a month, I don't give it to them because they all, especially TMOS, have commercials in their regular shows. But I'll go around $5/mo for 10 hours a week without the commercials, I haven't ever really timed it, that's TMOS Stats' job, but it seems like there's less than an hour of actual content on a regular TMOS show. At least BOAD doesn't do manufactured breaks just so they can stay on one radio station.

This is the most important time of year for Amazon, I guess for TMOS all year is the most important time because Mike always says it. Amazon pays 7% for sales through affiliates, 4% for electronics and a few other things have different percentages, but they probably do pretty well from Amazon sales to Clubbers. So mention it once a show and it won't bother anyone, I think most people know what they can get there.

Commercial before the show, after the intro, mid-content, before news, before audio vault, and after show. I would hate to hear this on an actual radio station with the station ads along with it. This is why I disagree with the "it's a free show, you shouldn't complain" crowd. This is the only podcast I listen to that will stop a story or conversation because of a commercial break (I don't listen to everything so don't bother telling me other shows that do it.) instead of finishing the conversation even if the segment "runs long".

They said today they all get there 15 minutes before the show, so Mike is forcing the rest of the guys to meet his same slacker standards. I would think it takes longer than that to make sure everything is set up right and working. The studio is in his house, I'm sure a dog never accidentally unplugged a cord. With that schedule it's no wonder they're hardly ever on time. Even with a 15 minute window, it's apparently too difficult for any one of four guys to hop on Twitter, Ustream or FB and say "we're here, show soon" or "Give us an hour to reset some things". The only reason I usually see it live is I use BT headphones and don't have to be watching the screen all day to catch them.

Short version: I'll pay for a while to see if Don does any good, I've paid plenty for TMOS, I can give Don a shot since I've always, even when he was in Sacramento, enjoyed his shows more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 02:37PM by bubbyman.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:37PM

confused Wrote:
> The thing that confuses me about Oscar is that he
> finds TMOS enjoyable at all.
>
> He looks bored, he sounds bored. He doesn't get
> the 1940's references.
>
> He has other podcasting vehicles.
>
> When I first listened to BOAD after only knowing
> him from TMOS I was amazed at how he came alive on
> that show.
>
> Why does he continue with the disaster that is
> TMOS??

He was in at the start. Pony is a paid employee, the other three split profits from the show, whatever the split is, he probably gets half of whatever is left after Mike's cut, so for an hour a day it might not be to bad. He also was in Manassass everyday for his Mangrate job for quite a while and is twice a week for BOAD now, so it's just 3 days a week that TMOS is the only reason he's going there. From a comment today he's going to be working from the new studio next week, so it'll be 0 wasted trips to Manassass then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 02:39PM by bubbyman.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:45PM

The ad's are on every podcast. Even the Dan Patrick Show now since its part of PodcastOne is there format. I believe the guy that use to either run or own Westwood One is the owner. It's the norm for podcasts. That's how the make money like terrestrial radio. The difference is you can listen when you want.

I will never PAY for content even SiriusXm when I only listen to O&A.

Howard is the same me me me fest. I have always thought O&A were better.

Hollywood Howard works like 3 days a week and is just unlistenable.

I actually like Mike's show except for the format and Robb's laughing.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:47PM

Never was a Don fan. Always thought Mike was more talented.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Mike's black berry ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:57PM

DonsBlackBerry said :

Never was a Don fan. Always thought Mike was more talented.

Just my 2 cents.

Not even one cent worth of knowledge there, pal. Mike's "talent" is on display daily. If that was one percent true, why hasn't Mike's career skyrocketed, or at least been able to stay employed?

Let me know the moment this talent you speak of shows up. I have heard Don say that Mike is the most talented guy he'd ever worked with. So that's not news. But Don does/has/will work harder. That's why he's there and Mike's there.

And you are played out with your stroking of LFF's prostate.

Posted by: WHAA? ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:59PM

Dons BlackBerry Wrote:
>
>
> I actually like Mike's show except for the format
> and Robb's laughing.

Robb's laughing is a given as horrible, but "Except for the format"?

That's like saying you like Hitler except for the holocaust.

Posted by: except for the format ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:01PM

So Mike should do a show in another format w/o Robb's laughing?
What "format" would Mike strive in?

ALL EATING RADIO
ALL BLAME RADIO
ALL LAZY RADIO

more???

Date: March 12, 2014 03:05PM

Dons BlackBerry Wrote:
> The ad's are on every podcast. Even the Dan
> Patrick Show now since its part of PodcastOne is
> there format. I believe the guy that use to either
> run or own Westwood One is the owner. It's the
> norm for podcasts. That's how the make money like
> terrestrial radio. The difference is you can
> listen when you want.
>
> I will never PAY for content even SiriusXm when I
> only listen to O&A.
>
> Howard is the same me me me fest. I have always
> thought O&A were better.
>
> Hollywood Howard works like 3 days a week and is
> just unlistenable.
>
> I actually like Mike's show except for the format
> and Robb's laughing.

The ads are on podcasts, that's not the problem with it. The problem is the "I'll never do radio again" format that sounds just like a radio format with forced breaks regardless of the content, most I listen to are: commercial, segment, segment, segment, commercial. I haven't listened to Howard in a few years but he was going that direction then.

Unless you are sitting with an AM/FM radio and a TV that receives OTA Digital you ARE paying for content.
Only other option is stealing content.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 03:18PM by bubbyman.

Date: March 12, 2014 03:28PM

When I first heard Headddd's laughing baboonery and Oscarlita's constant girl te-hes, I knew that Fatass was demanding it from them. That's when I full realized how out of it he truly was as a comic. It also demonstrates how horribly nervous and insecure he must be.

Of course, Robbbb is a pathological ass-kisser so it probably goes both ways down the toilet.

It's horrible.

Posted by: Hi Mike ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:30PM

Funny, Mike has a problem with texting and driving, but not when its Robb telling him when he's going to be at the studio...

Date: March 12, 2014 03:31PM

I am off the grid and pay ZERO for cable or internet.

I get those items for free along with my Healthcare amd receive unemployment.

The format was the standard breaks Douchebag. Why is it always a Hitler reference with you?

Mike is the BEST.

PODCAST FOR THE PEOPLE

WWW.MIKEOMEARASHOW.COM

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Not a P1 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:32PM

One thing I noticed when looking at the Podcasts I listen to is they're almost entirely in support of other projects. The Nerdist tends to be either ads for the cast's other projects or longer interviews with guests on those projects. Harmontown was started as a sort of therapy for the host and now promotes the shows Community and Rick & Morty. Much the same with others... A few I listen to are more 'labors of love' but that's about it.

This is it for O'Meara and Robb.... Oscar is at least trying, which the guys seem to prefer to mock instead of trying their own stuff. I really hope if I was down to 2 hours/day of "Work" (which is being generous) I'd fill the other 6+ of a work day with some sort of projects, even if they weren't short-term projects.

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:45PM

Dons BlackBerry Wrote:
> I am off the grid and pay ZERO for cable or
> internet.
>
> I get those items for free along with my
> Healthcare amd receive unemployment.
>
> The format was the standard breaks Douchebag. Why
> is it always a Hitler reference with you?
>
> Mike is the BEST.
>
> PODCAST FOR THE PEOPLE
>
> WWW.MIKEOMEARASHOW.COM
>
> Just my 2 cents.

So, typical TMOS listener. Got it.

Posted by: YOU LISTEN HARDER THAN MOST FANS ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:54PM

YOU FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS,

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A SHOW, WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY LISTEN TO IT AND OBSESS ABOUT IT?

LOSERS.

Date: March 12, 2014 04:15PM

YOU LISTEN HARDER THAN MOST FANS Wrote:
> YOU FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS,
>
> IF YOU DON'T LIKE A SHOW, WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY
> LISTEN TO IT AND OBSESS ABOUT IT?
>
> LOSERS.

Wow, pretty original thought from the TMOS faithful, complete with cap-lock issues. Kudos.

Posted by: Larry K ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:09PM

I'll check out Don's podcast, but truthfully, would be unlikely to pay for the privilege. The only way it will be a no-holds-barred, unvarnished truth podcast is if his agent finally convinced him that there is no chance that he'll even be able to get a gig spinning records midnight to 3 am in backwoods North Dakota. I can't believe Don would finally spill everything unless he truly believed that he would never be on the radio again.

Posted by: Jack N Rod Show ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:21PM

I pay about $115 a year for the Sirius "Premier" package so I get O&A and Howard. Well worth it with the amount of time I spend in the car.

Why I would pay $100 a year for one podcast that broadcasts a few hours a week is a head scratcher. Double the head scratching when you see some of the piles of shit Mike O Meara and Big O and Dukes have been putting out since going to podcasting. BOAD kept it together for a year, then went right off the cliff. Mike seemed like Oscar dragged him back in front of a microphone.

For $115 I get O&A, which is still good in my opinion if they can keep Sam Roberts off the air. Anthony in particular is still hilarious. Howard has his moments (mostly from Richard and Sal), but as others have stated, he hardly is ever live anymore and a lot of times he just sounds like how he would portray his father 15 years ago. Him and Robin talked about some self-help book for 1/2 hour last week. Both of them preaching to the audience about how they should be taking care of themselves. Or Howard will be bitching about the terrible talent show he hosts. On 101 they play the old shows, so that can be amusing. Plus you have all the music channels for that subscription fee.

Yeah I could download good podcasts instead of paying for SiriusXM, but there is something about a show like O&A that is on everyday and creates their own "world". Maybe Carolla is like that now. I do download "The Davey Mac Sports Program" weekly and sometimes some others if O&A are slow or on vacation, but its not a substitute for a "real" show.

Posted by: Overt Operative ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:35PM

Larry K Wrote:
> I'll check out Don's podcast, but truthfully,
> would be unlikely to pay for the privilege. The
> only way it will be a no-holds-barred, unvarnished
> truth podcast is if his agent finally convinced
> him that there is no chance that he'll even be
> able to get a gig spinning records midnight to 3
> am in backwoods North Dakota. I can't believe Don
> would finally spill everything unless he truly
> believed that he would never be on the radio
> again.

I agree. I want truth (I can handle it), and I want Don to use his podcast to figuratively shove his fist up the FCC's asshole. The beginning of the end for Don & Mike was the Janet Jackson nip slip incident and the FCC's and CBS's over-reaction to anything that *might* be mildly indecent to the oversensitive conservative Christian complainers.

Suddenly Don & Mike were censored, corralled, and cock-blocked. The risky and risqué bits were nixed, outgoing phoners had to be pre-approved and consented to, and the magic was gone. Freda's passing was just another blow to the damaged franchise.

I'll toss Don a few shekels if his show is consistently no holds barred. TMOS blew their chance when they decided to do a crippled podcast for their one radio "affiliate"—a seriously short-sighted, stupid decision.

Posted by: Puzzy Riot ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:41PM

Ghost of Michael Hughes Wrote:
> "Tats for Tots" is an old radio bit that's been
> around at least 20 years. The only reason Mike did
> it was because Michael Hughes made him do it in a
> last ditch attempt to save the WJFK show. Mike
> even credited Hughes at the time. Mike taking
> credit for it would be like me taking credit for
> writing "Smooth" because I hummed a few bars.

I think you'll find that you're talking out your ass on all counts there. It was a Don&Mike bit years before Don left. "Mike" didn't do it.

As to other djs doing it maybe you can name some but I won't be holding my breath.

Your assertion that it was Michael Hughes' idea makes me sorry for your mother who had to raise such a profoundly retarded child.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:22PM

I distinctly remember it as a last gasp of the Mike Omeara radio show. They were canned 2 or 3 months later.

If D&M did it previously, I don't recall that.

Date: March 12, 2014 06:23PM

Ermagerd Drted Rfrnce Wrote:
> But the thing that drives me nuts about Robb is
> the incessant, almost uncontrollable laughing at
> every thing Mike does.

Seconded. I listened to the first 2 episodes of Cake & Cookies because I like Robb (although at this point, it's more just that I remember liking him on D&M, where he was largely kept off mic). While the show is just good enough to be called decent, I found it a delight compared to this show because it wasn't 80 minutes of Robb shrieking and howling at literally everything Katie said. He was much calmer, thus easier to take.

The first time Katie visited the TMOS podcast, she complained about her roommate who laughed continuously while watching The Office and I believe it was Robb who commented that a person who laughs at everything does it because they do not know what is funny. It's amazing how he was aware of that then but is totally oblivious to it now.

But the fact that he is laughing at everything is not the true problem. It's that it is this huge, loud, cry that just STOPS after a few seconds. How many people have you ever met in your life who laugh like that? Zero. Because it isn't genuine. I wonder, does he hope that no one picks up on how phony it sounds or does he actually not know?

Date: March 12, 2014 06:31PM

If Jimmy is such a terrible "interview" (and he is) why would you keep having him on the show?

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:25PM

338...Semper Fat...
Attachments:
Semper Fat....jpg

Posted by: TMOS Stats ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:50PM

I haven't listened in months, but from reading these comments, it has only gotten worse. Sometimes as low as 40 minutes of actual content, not counting Audio Vault. Sometimes as high as 60 minutes of actual content, not counting Audio Vault.

bubbyman Wrote:
> Mr deez Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't mind Don or any podcaster charging a
> fee-
> > if it's interesting and good content. They have
> > costs to cover and all that.
> >
> > In fact, I'd rather pay a price and just get
> the
> > good stuff rather than hear 5 spots hawking an
> > amazon page or flowers/berries/stamps that
> almost
> > every podcast uses.
>
>
> This--- Don has said he doesn't like reading
> spots, so if it's fairly cheap I have no problem
> paying.
>
> TMOS, RELM, and BOAD all want $100/yr for a few
> hours a month, I don't give it to them because
> they all, especially TMOS, have commercials in
> their regular shows. But I'll go around $5/mo for
> 10 hours a week without the commercials, I haven't
> ever really timed it, that's TMOS Stats' job, but
> it seems like there's less than an hour of actual
> content on a regular TMOS show. At least BOAD
> doesn't do manufactured breaks just so they can
> stay on one radio station.
>
> This is the most important time of year for
> Amazon, I guess for TMOS all year is the most
> important time because Mike always says it. Amazon
> pays 7% for sales through affiliates, 4% for
> electronics and a few other things have different
> percentages, but they probably do pretty well from
> Amazon sales to Clubbers. So mention it once a
> show and it won't bother anyone, I think most
> people know what they can get there.
>
> Commercial before the show, after the intro,
> mid-content, before news, before audio vault, and
> after show. I would hate to hear this on an actual
> radio station with the station ads along with it.
> This is why I disagree with the "it's a free show,
> you shouldn't complain" crowd. This is the only
> podcast I listen to that will stop a story or
> conversation because of a commercial break (I
> don't listen to everything so don't bother telling
> me other shows that do it.) instead of finishing
> the conversation even if the segment "runs long".
>
> They said today they all get there 15 minutes
> before the show, so Mike is forcing the rest of
> the guys to meet his same slacker standards. I
> would think it takes longer than that to make sure
> everything is set up right and working. The studio
> is in his house, I'm sure a dog never accidentally
> unplugged a cord. With that schedule it's no
> wonder they're hardly ever on time. Even with a 15
> minute window, it's apparently too difficult for
> any one of four guys to hop on Twitter, Ustream or
> FB and say "we're here, show soon" or "Give us an
> hour to reset some things". The only reason I
> usually see it live is I use BT headphones and
> don't have to be watching the screen all day to
> catch them.
>
> Short version: I'll pay for a while to see if Don
> does any good, I've paid plenty for TMOS, I can
> give Don a shot since I've always, even when he
> was in Sacramento, enjoyed his shows more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 07:51PM by TMOS Stats.

Posted by: George Jones ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:52PM

Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> I distinctly remember it as a last gasp of the
> Mike Omeara radio show. They were canned 2 or 3
> months later.
>
> If D&M did it previously, I don't recall that.

I thought it was D&M also but couldn't swear to it

Date: March 12, 2014 07:53PM

The biggest news in TMOS thread is how Don Geronimo is starting his own podcast.

Posted by: Olivier ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:53PM

Hi Mike Wrote:
> If Jimmy is such a terrible "interview" (and he
> is) why would you keep having him on the show?

Heeeuhh heeeuuhhh heueeeh

(Maybe this thread needs a fake Oscar laugh soundtrack)

Posted by: Robb Spewak ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:39PM

Just saw an awesome comedy. I guess it was more of a romcom.

12 Years A Slave

Posted by: MOM Did Tats for Tots ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:52PM

Posted by: Bug man ()
Date: March 12, 2014 10:56PM

What show number did the bug guy show up on?

Posted by: See? ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:13PM

See? You fucking losers know this shows history better than the fans or the participants.

Obsess much?

Then you wrap your obsession in hatred and criticism in order to deal with it.

At least we fans are honest with ourselves.

Date: March 12, 2014 11:27PM

Thanks, I stand corrected. I took the opportunity to read a few pages of the old stuff. For 'haters' it seems that this group has mellowed in the last few years. But I could be wrong..

Posted by: Hate lover ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:00AM

As Miss Information would say, "TMOS fans get tit."

This site is loaded with fans, myself included. The reason I love this site is because it's like MST3K for the podcast equivalent of a lame movie.

If we losers obsess, it's because we've learned from the masters. Whether it's Mike's fascination with feces (baby, dog, or his) or Robb's OCD regarding old TV shows, Jerry, Elvis, LifeSavers, etc, we can't hold a candle to either of them.

If you cult members want to enjoy an hour a day with your pretend family, that's cool. But our enjoyment of critiquing the complaining krewe should be equally valid.

See? Wrote:
> See? You fucking losers know this shows history
> better than the fans or the participants.
>
> Obsess much?
>
> Then you wrap your obsession in hatred and
> criticism in order to deal with it.
>
> At least we fans are honest with ourselves.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:00AM

I read back a bit too, I agree the hate has mellowed, it's more disappointment now I think. The groupies were about the same though. When this board was off a few weeks predicting the end of the radio show, they were here acting like it would never end.

Posted by: yawnerz ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:09AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> I read back a bit too, I agree the hate has
> mellowed, it's more disappointment now I think.
> The groupies were about the same though. When this
> board was off a few weeks predicting the end of
> the radio show, they were here acting like it
> would never end.

More just plain lack of interest.

The show's not even worth bothering to bust on anymore.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:16AM

To go back to the Don part of this thread, since I won't use FB I started a DGS Fan G+ community. I'm trying to collect pictures of ads for the old Don shows, got a few up. If anyone has any I'd appreciate it. I figured if I started it, it can't end up like the concentration camp at the TMOS Fan Club. If the show ends up being horrible, the page can change.

I still hate all the damn TMOS commercials.

Posted by: So Confusing ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:17AM

I've got a headache trying to make sense of Don's Blackberry's incoherent posts.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:35AM

See? Wrote:
>
> Obsess much?
>
>

Just like I commented (on Twitter) on the day of the 1000th episode, we discuss the show while the Fan Club discusses us. Go fuck yourself.

Date: March 13, 2014 01:03AM

Disgruntled OMearican Wrote:
> See? Wrote:
> -----
> > See? You fucking losers know this shows history
> > better than the fans or the participants.
> >
> > Obsess much?
> >
> > Then you wrap your obsession in hatred and
> > criticism in order to deal with it.
> >
> > At least we fans are honest with ourselves.
>
> Just like I commented (on Twitter) on the day of
> the 1000th episode, we discuss the show while the
> Fan Club discusses us. Go fuck yourself.

You made me laugh. More than the show did for me today.

Posted by: Larry K ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:05AM

Bug man Wrote:
> What show number did the bug guy show up on?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:19AM

Dons BlackBerry Wrote:
> Never was a Don fan. Always thought Mike was more
> talented.
>
> Just my 2 cents.

How many stations are lining up to throw $ at a guy who's NEW impression is Lou Rawls?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:23AM

YOU LISTEN HARDER THAN MOST FANS Wrote:
> YOU FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS,
>
> IF YOU DON'T LIKE A SHOW, WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY
> LISTEN TO IT AND OBSESS ABOUT IT?
>
> LOSERS.

Could you speak up please?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:36AM

See? Wrote:
>
> Obsess much?
>
>

How would anyone possibly know? You "fans" hide in your closed cult deleting posts.

Date: March 13, 2014 06:38AM

i was actually entertained when i watched just a little bit of the ustream feed. robb is such a spazz it was hilarious!

Date: March 13, 2014 09:07AM

I do enjoy these little bursts of impotent rage from the TMOS faithful. It's like a crappy pizzeria just found out that a REAL pizzeria's opening up, just up the block. Not that they'll lose all their customers (because the TMOS faithful have already demonstrated that they can't tell entertainment from asphalt), but the contrast will be instructive . . .

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:26AM

Watching the video is amazing. You've never seen so much flopping (Robb) and boredom (Oscar).

Posted by: Ermagerd Drted Rfrnce ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:06AM

So Don's Podcast will be 2+ hours AND is subscription based?

Oof...good luck with that.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:26AM

yawnerz Wrote:
> bubbyman Wrote:
> -----
> > I read back a bit too, I agree the hate has
> > mellowed, it's more disappointment now I think.
> > The groupies were about the same though. When
> this
> > board was off a few weeks predicting the end of
> > the radio show, they were here acting like it
> > would never end.
>
>
> More just plain lack of interest.
>
> The show's not even worth bothering to bust on
> anymore.

Whimper, not bang.

Posted by: Cary and Carla ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:30AM

Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> Watching the video is amazing. You've never seen
> so much flopping (Robb) and boredom (Oscar).

Oh, WE have. Flopping and boredom is a perfect description of our sex lives with our husbands.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:44AM

Cary and Carla Wrote:
> Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> -----
> > Watching the video is amazing. You've never
> seen
> > so much flopping (Robb) and boredom (Oscar).
>
>
> Oh, WE have. Flopping and boredom is a perfect
> description of our sex lives with our husbands.

This was my first twitter laugh this morning.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:52AM

wish we could laugh with you

Date: March 13, 2014 11:00AM

Carla: Confession: I ask service people to try and arrive in the 10:30-noon window.

My fear, however, is the stroke I'm trying to evoke won't kill him, he'll linger for months or years, and the medical bills will wipe out what little he has left. I wouldn't mind, but he hasn't even purchased any Oncor life insurance with me as beneficiary. He can't be bothered to go through TMOS site to buy things on Amazon, so no suprise there, right?

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:40AM

Sorry Carla. In his defense, even if he tried to purchase life insurance through a show sponsor, there is no way a company would provide coverage to a morbidly obese, sedentary former DJ and failed restaurant owner on prescription drugs to control his explosive rage. With < 10 years to live, it would be a losing proposition. As an aside, I think the shrink needs to up his royal fatness' dose; it seems like the outburst at the exterminator would alone be enough evidence that the happy pills aren't working. But it must be stressful ordering interns, employees and co-workers around to do the lifting and packing he can't be bothered to do while busy watching TV in his Sleep Number Bed.

Posted by: Mover and Shaker ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:10PM

Given his proficiency with throwing suitcases, you would think he would be more hands-on with the move.

Posted by: Oscar's Dad ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:14PM

It's obvious Mike doesn't have insurance with Oncor. He always points to Oscar having it, not him.

Posted by: GhostOfGhosts ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:34PM

Me load this pony boy. You load rest.
Attachments:
gorilla mike.jpg

Posted by: Oscar's Dad ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:41PM

I don't even know why Oscar pays for life insurance and has his well off doctor brother as the beneficiary.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:51PM

For you non-listeners, amusing remarks Wed. (35 mins. in) from Oscar re. the dining room set, I believe, that he bought from LFF. Complained about the condition of the chairs, commenting that it looked like they had been thrown against the wall or window. Maybe suitcases were LFF's gateway tossed item.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 01:03PM by Intractable Insobriety.

Posted by: Mike's a useless jerk ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:02PM

enzo Wrote:
> When I first heard Headddd's laughing baboonery and Oscarlita's constant girl te-hes, I knew that Fatass was demanding it from them.

> Ermagerd Drted Rfrnce Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
> But the thing that drives me nuts about Robb is the incessant, almost uncontrollable laughing at every thing Mike does.

Mike absolutely demands that they react to his HILARIOUS jokes. Does anyone remember him berating Pony Boy for just watching him and not laughing uproariously? He actually said "why aren't you laughing, this is funny stuff?!"

Posted by: LOLscar ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:21PM

See? Wrote:
>
> Obsess much?
>
>

Honest question: why does it bother you do much that people here talk negatively about TMOS? If you are a fan, then what possessed you to seek out a website with "hateful obsessed losers" and read their posts and waste all your time responding? To be honest, that is much more pathetic than anything that you have criticized these posters for.

To address your point. I also knew that tattoo thing was a Mike bit because it was on the terrestrial show when I used to listen. You see, many people here WERE listeners, few still are. I personally haven't listened since around Christmas. I still read this forum and comment from time to time because I want to know what is going on with the show. If Mike fires Robb and hires two outside guys for the show, I want to know because I'll give the show another shot. Also, the inside jokes about porkchops and suitcases and the whole tmos1000 takeover are pretty damn funny.

We are an uncensored forum. You are free to post any negative thing about us that you wish (we won't block and ban you and delete the post and make the forum closed). My only wish is that you actually have a conversation with us instead of "you losers, you haters, tmos awesome, you obsess, blah blah". There has never been a fan club member that has had the balls to commit to a conversation here with us. They post a few aggressive internet tough-guy posts and then retreat back to the safety of the fan club. So please, answer my questions in the first paragraph. Don't be a coward and run away.

Posted by: Creased Earlobes ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:33PM

Apparently, the NY Mets' pitching coach has the same evolved, sophisticated sense of humor as Rob "Always Brings the Funny" Spewak:

http://deadspin.com/mets-pitching-coach-i-m-sorry-i-called-you-a-chinama-1543067743

Date: March 13, 2014 02:04PM

I think Carla is looking at this move as a renewal of sorts but sadly she is going to end up hating this relocation to Florida. When you move you can leave booze, broken furniture and loser friends behind but your pathology goes with you. Intermittent explosive disorder(credit to whoever came up with this dx) and narcissistic personality disorder will be in the Uhaul too. Carla is leaving her mother, close friends, and other components of her support system behind. Facebook and cell phones do not replace the supportive hugs that many women require. I bet she and the baby are back in the DC area within a year.

Posted by: Happy Hour ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:46PM

I love Dons BlackBerry. Great posts.

TMOS was awesome today.

I love the birthday segment.

Just my 3 cents.

Date: March 13, 2014 03:07PM

Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
> For you non-listeners, amusing remarks Wed. (35
> mins. in) from Oscar re. the dining room set, I
> believe, that he bought from LFF. Complained about
> the condition of the chairs, commenting that it
> looked like they had been thrown against the wall
> or window. Maybe suitcases were LFF's gateway
> tossed item.

You know Mike's weight destroyed those chairs

Date: March 13, 2014 03:09PM

George Jones Wrote:
> I think Carla is looking at this move as a renewal
> of sorts but sadly she is going to end up hating
> this relocation to Florida. When you move you can
> leave booze, broken furniture and loser friends
> behind but your pathology goes with you.
> Intermittent explosive disorder(credit to whoever
> came up with this dx) and narcissistic personality
> disorder will be in the Uhaul too. Carla is
> leaving her mother, close friends, and other
> components of her support system behind. Facebook
> and cell phones do not replace the supportive hugs
> that many women require. I bet she and the baby
> are back in the DC area within a year.

I think Mike mentioned a month or so ago that Carla's mom is moving later this year. I agree though, if she thinks the move will change things, he will take his problems with him and she'll have to build a new coping system.

Date: March 13, 2014 03:13PM

Happy Hour Wrote:
> I love Dons BlackBerry. Great posts.
>
> TMOS was awesome today.
>
> I love the birthday segment.
>
> Just my 3 cents.

yeah nothing like punting the first 25% of your show with A) an unrehearsed impression of an artist whose material you are unfamiliar with (remember ALL the times Mike bitched about Dennis Murphy's work ethic/rehearsal pertaining to his Xmas album? Take a look in the mirror Tubby) and B) birthday greetings...Bet the felchers in the Fan Club sucked up every drop...That's what make US better fans than the closed door cultists..we actually would like MIKE to TRY HARDER and they just eat up his shit with a spoon and beg for more, causing him to think everything is OK and allowing him to try less...You Fan Clubbers are actually keeping him OFF the airwaves...

Date: March 13, 2014 03:18PM

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last show from the house, I wonder how the on time record of the show will change Monday? Mike and Robb try to mention a couple times a week that Oscar was late, or maybe they'll start using Don's idea of a 3pm ET start time to cover for Mike's inability to have anyone tell him what he should do.

One positive from the show lately: even with Mike's nasal congestion, he doesn't seem to be as slow-witted and slurry the last week or so, maybe he has quit drinking. The content still isn't great, but it's an improvement.

Date: March 13, 2014 04:50PM

Happy Hour Wrote:
> I love Dons BlackBerry. Great posts.
>
> TMOS was awesome today.
>
> I love the birthday segment.
>
> Just my 3 cents.

Dons BlackBerry wrote:
--------------------------------------------
> I am off the grid and pay ZERO for cable or internet.
>
> I get those items for free along with my Healthcare amd receive unemployment.

So, you're an unemployed moronic freeloader like the rest of the TMOS Fan Club? Awesome.

I think your enjoyment of the birthday segment tells us all we need to know about your intelligence.

Date: March 13, 2014 05:10PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> Happy Hour Wrote:
> -----
> > I love Dons BlackBerry. Great posts.
> >
> > TMOS was awesome today.
> >
> > I love the birthday segment.
> >
> > Just my 3 cents.
>
> Dons BlackBerry wrote:
> --------------------------------------------
> > I am off the grid and pay ZERO for cable or
> internet.
> >
> > I get those items for free along with my
> Healthcare amd receive unemployment.
>
> So, you're an unemployed moronic freeloader like
> the rest of the TMOS Fan Club? Awesome.
>
> I think your enjoyment of the birthday segment
> tells us all we need to know about your
> intelligence.

Bet he laughs when Robb says cAAAAAr, bAAAAAr, or stAAAAAAr as well

Date: March 13, 2014 05:19PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
-----------------------------
> I think your enjoyment of the birthday segment
> tells us all we need to know about your
> intelligence.

Ironic aspect to TMOS clinging to the birthday segment? Everyone on the show forgot it was Robb's birthday recently and it passed without comment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 05:30PM by Intractable Insobriety.

Date: March 13, 2014 05:31PM

Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
> Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> -----------------------------
> > I think your enjoyment of the birthday segment
> > tells us all we need to know about your
> > intelligence.
>
> Ironic aspect to TMOS clinging to the birthday
> segment? Everyone on the show forgot it was Robb's
> birthday recently and it passed without comment.

As well it should. What a nobody.

Date: March 13, 2014 05:34PM

Today Robb said that the guy who figured out the board on the show Press Your Luck won "millions and millions of games." The man's name is Michael Larson and in reality he only won 100k, 1 time. I know that because when O&A talked about this they actually gave the correct information.

Posted by: Stripper Striper Strap ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:30PM

I wouldn't worry about Carla and her Mom in Florida. Tampa is the Strip Club Capital of the US, so they should be fine.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:38PM

Hi Mike Wrote:
> Today Robb said that the guy who figured out the
> board on the show Press Your Luck won "millions
> and millions of games." The man's name is Michael
> Larson and in reality he only won 100k, 1 time. I
> know that because when O&A talked about this they
> actually gave the correct information.

Robb is an idiot and gets everything wrong.

Quotes
Trivia
Music Info
Dates
Biography info
Names
Stories

All wrong in some fashion.

Posted by: Michael Stuart ()
Date: March 13, 2014 07:31PM

Mike, Robb and Oscar,with all their myriad problems, are far better human beings than any of you trollish sadomasochistic gutter-dwellers.

Date: March 13, 2014 08:02PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:
> Mike, Robb and Oscar,with all their myriad
> problems, are far better human beings than any of
> you trollish sadomasochistic gutter-dwellers.

Oh, most definitely. You have Mike, who got drunk more than once knowing full well Carla could go into labor at any minute and Oscar, who treats his girlfriends as though they are children and was borderline abusive to the last one. But the real prize is Robb, who refuses to do anything to support his family, forcing his wife to keep a job she hates. But we're posting on a message board so yeah, I guess that's worse.

Date: March 13, 2014 09:03PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:

I don't laugh at people who have had their faces torn off by monkeys.

Posted by: TMOS Stats ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:26PM

Not monkey. Ape. Chimpanzee is a member of the Great Ape family.

enzo Wrote:
> Michael Stuart Wrote:
> -----
> > Mike, Robb and Oscar,with all their myriad
> > problems, are far better human beings than any
> of
> > you trollish sadomasochistic gutter-dwellers.
>
> I don't laugh at people who have had their faces
> torn off by monkeys.
Attachments:
chimp.jpg

Date: March 13, 2014 09:57PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:

What a spokesman for TMOS you are. Congrats. "Myriad problems" is accurate. And I will accept for argument's sake the prefix in your "sadomasochistic" characterization as it assumes I am masochistic for listening to TMOS. I do acknowledge I am a masochist for listening to TMOS as often as I do. I am a bad person.

Help me, Michael.

Pages: PreviousFirst...333334335336337338339340341342343...LastNext
Current Page: 338 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.