HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Recent Forum Abuses
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 06, 2008 10:49PM

if you're talking about the ben that used to post here, I think I met him once, he was a really nice guy iirc, it's sad if he went to jail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 07, 2008 05:55PM

his last post: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/56273/56315.html#msg-56315

Re: Opportunity For Community Service/Student Service Learning Hours
Posted by: ben (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2007 08:25PM

I worked with some janitors for my forced FCPS "volunteerism" hours. All it taught me to do was resent the system even more.

Thanks, FCPS!

jail? i think it's completely possible.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Posted by: Moderator ()
Date: March 10, 2008 09:36PM

March 17th is right around the corner! Some tips for safely enjoying St Patrick’s Day!

If you are going to drink, designating a non-drinking driver before you head out for the evening is the way to go.

Decide on a limit for the number of drinks you'll have in an evening and stick to it.

Pace your drinking, to keep your blood alcohol level (BAL) low and to prevent it from rising quickly. You want to keep your limit to ONE drink an hour.

Before each alcoholic drink always have a non-alcoholic beverage first. This not only quenches your thirst but it sets the pace for slower, safer celebrating.

Have no more than one standard measure drink per hour. A standard drink is probably smaller than you think - 12 ounces of beer is one bottle, 5 ounces of wine doesn't fill most glasses more than halfway, and 1.5 ounces of hard liquor doesn't quite fill a single shot glass.

If you're pouring alcohol from a pitcher, pour your own, and only after you have emptied your glass. Do not let others decide how much you will drink.

Avoid shots and drinking games.

Be prepared to say "no thanks" to offers for more to drink, so that when it's offered you will stick to your limit.

Be safe!

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
-leprechaun small.jpg

Date: March 11, 2008 01:42AM

March 17th is right around the corner! My number one tip for enjoying St Patrick’s Day!

Shove a leprechaun in your ass!
wtf?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 01:56AM by Gravis.

?!
Date: March 11, 2008 01:44AM

file.php?2,file=2442

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 01:53AM by Gravis.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 11:44AM

looks like someone moderated the moderator....snerk

Posted by: Gravis is a liar ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:05PM

Below is what you get when you copy and paste Gravis' post of 1:42am, this morning. Gravis is a liar. He screwed around with the moderator's post, yet he's always saying that he can't do anything with posts, IPs, etc. So, Mr. Liar Liar, it took you 7 edits to superimpose your wtf post over the moderator's? WOW, you really are a big time computer programmer, aren't you.

Posted by: Gravis (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2008 01:42AM

March 17th is right around the corner! My number one tip for enjoying St Patrick’s Day!

Shove a leprechaun in your ass!
wtf?

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 01:56AM by Gravis.

Posted by: the moderator's post ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:12PM

Below is what you get when you copy and paste the moderator's blank post, which Gravis spent hours last night and early this morning screwing around with. Isn't Gravis such a nice boy with such an interesting life.

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Posted by: Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2008 09:36PM

March 17th is right around the corner! Some tips for safely enjoying St Patrick’s Day!

If you are going to drink, designating a non-drinking driver before you head out for the evening is the way to go.

Decide on a limit for the number of drinks you'll have in an evening and stick to it.

Pace your drinking, to keep your blood alcohol level (BAL) low and to prevent it from rising quickly. You want to keep your limit to ONE drink an hour.

Before each alcoholic drink always have a non-alcoholic beverage first. This not only quenches your thirst but it sets the pace for slower, safer celebrating.

Have no more than one standard measure drink per hour. A standard drink is probably smaller than you think - 12 ounces of beer is one bottle, 5 ounces of wine doesn't fill most glasses more than halfway, and 1.5 ounces of hard liquor doesn't quite fill a single shot glass.

If you're pouring alcohol from a pitcher, pour your own, and only after you have emptied your glass. Do not let others decide how much you will drink.

Avoid shots and drinking games.

Be prepared to say "no thanks" to offers for more to drink, so that when it's offered you will stick to your limit.

Be safe!

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
-leprechaun small.jpg

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:13PM

Are you retarded?

Gravis is a liar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Below is what you get when you copy and paste
> Gravis' post of 1:42am, this morning. Gravis is a
> liar. He screwed around with the moderator's post,
> yet he's always saying that he can't do anything
> with posts, IPs, etc. So, Mr. Liar Liar, it took
> you 7 edits to superimpose your wtf post over the
> moderator's? WOW, you really are a big time
> computer programmer, aren't you.
> ________________________________
>
>
> Re: Recent Forum Abuses
> Posted by: Gravis (IP Logged)
> Date: March 11, 2008 01:42AM
>
>
> March 17th is right around the corner! My number
> one tip for enjoying St Patrick’s Day!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Shove a leprechaun in your ass!
> wtf?
>
> _________________________________
> I'm pro-abortion, not pro-choice.
>
>
>
> Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 01:56AM
> by Gravis.

Date: March 11, 2008 02:56PM

Gravis…..Please avoid hacking the Fairfax Underground Forum.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Unauthorized Computer Access
Types of Unauthorized Access
Popularly known as hacking, unauthorized computer access is a crime punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (as codified in 28 U.S.C. § 1029). The law begins by defining hacking in two ways:
Unauthorized access to computer systems
Access that exceeds a person's authorized limits

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
-leprechaun small.jpg

Posted by: Gravis likes teh cock ()
Date: March 15, 2008 09:20PM

For gravis, its either hack a forum or tea-bag some old mans hairy bean bags...

Life doesnt have many choices for Mr. Dorothy Hamil hair-do

Date: March 15, 2008 09:50PM

Happy St Patrick’s Day …….be careful out there.

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
Green Beer.jpg

Date: March 16, 2008 01:26AM

file.php?2,file=693

Remember to shove a leprechaun in your ass!

Signed,

The Moderator
file.php?2,file=2447
file.php?2,file=2447

Posted by: watcher/ ()
Date: March 16, 2008 02:01AM

Strange, but when I hit the 'Quote This Message' under your post, Gravis, the following is how your post appeared. Isn't this odd. It looks like someone hacked into the site, Gravis. Isn't that illegal, Gravis?

Gravis Wrote:
> Remember to shove a leprechaun in your ass! 
> Signed,The Moderator

Date: March 16, 2008 03:48AM

watcher/ Wrote:
> Strange, but when I hit the 'Quote This Message'
> under your post, Gravis, the following is how your
> post appeared. Isn't this odd. It looks like
> someone hacked into the site, Gravis. Isn't that
> illegal, Gravis?

dear fake "watcher",
   you are an idiot and dont know html. please, die in a fire.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 16, 2008 05:34AM

seriously, the people who accuse Gravis of hacking the site need to learn how to do a basic google search. All his "tricks" are published, and are not hacks by any definition.

Date: March 16, 2008 10:20AM

Gravis continues to hack into Fairfax Underground and we have been unsuccessful at thwarting these infiltrations.

We will continue our efforts to provide an atmosphere of forum integrity. Thank you.
Attachments:
Happy St cuffs.jpg

Date: March 16, 2008 05:15PM

Don't mess with a level 32 blue mage. ^_^

file.php?40,file=60

LOL

file.php?40,file=1944

Guess what I do with the leprechaun...

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
file.php?40,file=2471

Date: March 16, 2008 09:33PM

Happy St Patrick's Day! Especially to Gravis….

Especially to Gravis….
Attachments:
Lep luck ran out mOD.jpg

Posted by: moderate the moderator! ()
Date: March 16, 2008 09:55PM

Someone needs to moderate the moderator!

Date: March 16, 2008 10:33PM

i dont swing that way.file.php?2,file=2480

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2008 11:25PM by Gravis.

Gravis Has Groin Pain
Posted by: port80 ()
Date: March 16, 2008 10:38PM

Moderator wrote:

'Guess what I do with the leprechaun..."

It appears that The Moderator has inflicted a wee bit of pain upon Gravis in a rather sensitive area. That'll teach you, Laddie!
Attachments:
lowblow.jpg

Date: March 17, 2008 10:37AM

Happy St Patrick’s Day.

Fairfax Underground continues in its efforts to correct recent forum abuses. As many are aware, a certain poster has been violating forum guidelines by altering posts. Most forum abuse issues have abated due to a careful, temporary, selective ban of certain posters as well as improved Moderation.

FU will not tolerate “hacking” of its forum by anyone and this will not be excused by referring to this activity as the use of tricks or games. It is still hacking. And, this activity has resulted in an amount of damage (yet to be determined) to the forum.

The obvious result of this poster not being held accountable for his behavior has been the unintended consequence of encouraging others to emulate similar behaviors and the potential of the integrity of the forum self imploding. Some posters are gaining similar computer skills and are beginning to utilize similar hacking techniques. This will not be tolerated.

FU is considering these concerns and its options.

On a more serious note….while enjoying St Patrick's Day, please be careful out there.
Attachments:
derby-card1-250.jpg

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: March 17, 2008 11:30AM

Are you a real moderator or just someone posing as one. Somehow you seem fake. Oh and where is Cary? He is the real moderator and I have not seen him in ages. I am very worried about Cary's well being so I hope he is all right. By the way, I am not some hacker either. I am lucky if I can figure out how to post but thanks to the people on here, I get help.

Please tell Cary to come back here and keep everyone in line. And if you really are a moderator, you should tell us about yourself and how you became a moderator. Thanks.

Posted by: ?? ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:08PM

Trickie, who cares

Date: March 17, 2008 12:11PM

Trickie- last night Cary removed some stupid garbage posts from that Alias guy, he is definitely around.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:21PM

Meeper, Thanks. I was worried about Cary. I thought maybe someone kidnapped him or harmed him. I emailed him a while back andhe never answered. That is what made me suspicious. Do you think this is some fake moderator???

Trickie

Date: March 17, 2008 12:25PM

Yes, it is a fake moderator. Somebody's just goofing around.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:32PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 09:59AM by Alias.

Date: March 17, 2008 12:40PM

You make no sense.

Date: March 17, 2008 01:02PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:00AM by Alias.

Date: March 17, 2008 01:23PM

Are you a real moderator or just someone posing as one. Somehow you seem fake. Oh and where is Cary? He is the real moderator and I have not seen him in ages. I am very worried about Cary's well being so I hope he is all right. By the way, I am not some hacker either. I am lucky if I can figure out how to post but thanks to the people on here, I get help.

Please tell Cary to come back here and keep everyone in line. And if you really are a moderator, you should tell us about yourself and how you became a moderator. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Trickie.

Hopefully, I’ve been of assistance to Cary, who, continues to observe all activity on FU and has complete and ultimate control of the forum.

For some threads, the Moderator has helped redirect some misguided posters who needed to be reminded certain comments don’t belong on the main page of FU. Additionally, the Moderator is trying to help in Troll Control!!

Perception is everything.

Just trying to help out. It seems like things have been running “smooth” on the forum with a couple of minor exceptions which I am still working on!

Date: March 17, 2008 05:18PM

i think that was obvious
Hi Trickie. The truth is that I'm not a moderator. Click the "About" section at the top and you will see this:
[Moderation]
From time to time it may be necessary to delete or alter certain messages to guarantee the quality of this informational resource. Moderation of Fairfax Underground is almost non-existent except in extreme circumstances. The grounds for moderation or deletion of a post are:

* Spam
* Posting complete garbage that has nothing to do with the topic or thread
* Personal attacks on other posters

Posts are not edited for lewdness, correctness or vulgarity as long as they do not violate one of the rules above.
Users who repeatedly violate the rules will be warned. If the warning is not heeded the user will be banned from posting.
No legitimate post will ever be altered or deleted, regardless of how controversial, without a court order. Free, open, and anonymous means that you can express any thought, idea or opinion without fear of censorship.

Current moderators: Cary, ben

So while I claim to be a modertor, it's not true.

Hi Trickie.

I would like to make a formal appology for impersonating a forum moderator.

I really want to help but I've been going about it the wrong way.

I've also come to realize that my bias toward a family friendly site is just unrealistic.

It's really too bad, I really think this would have been a good site for my kids if only I could instill some strict rules.

I definitely would have banned the "usuals" by now as they are just troublemakers and unsuitible for children.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 06:18PM by Gravis.

Date: March 17, 2008 05:44PM

Hi Trickie.

Hopefully, I’ve been of assistance to Cary, who, continues to observe all activity on FU and has
complete and ultimate control of the forum.

For some threads, the Moderator has helped redirect some misguided posters who needed to be
reminded certain comments don’t belong on the main page of FU. Additionally, the Moderator is trying
to help in Troll Control!!

Perception is everything.

Just trying to help out. It seems like things have been running “smooth” on the forum with a
couple of minor exceptions which I am still working on!

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: March 17, 2008 06:25PM

Okay, Fake Moderator, but what did you do with Cary??? if Cary saw that you were acting like a real moderator, he would be mad and maybe ban you for a while. Why do you want your whole family to read this forum? Some people do use words that are not G rated, but high school kids say bad words all the time. But I appreciate the fact that you want to make this a nicer forum. And since I am irish, I did like the little leprechaun pictures. Maybe you could find some bunny pictures for Easter or a cross or something.

Thanks, Trickie

Date: March 17, 2008 09:00PM

Okay, Fake Moderator, but what did you do with Cary??? if Cary saw that you were acting like a real moderator, he would be mad and maybe ban you for a while. Why do you want your whole family to read this forum? Some people do use words that are not G rated, but high school kids say bad words all the time. But I appreciate the fact that you want to make this a nicer forum. And since I am irish, I did like the little leprechaun pictures. Maybe you could find some bunny pictures for Easter or a cross or something.

Thanks, Trickie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you and others can guess, Gravis continues playing “games and tricks” altering my posts! That must be a lot of work, but, he seems to find it challenging and he enjoys playing on the computer…night and day!! But, he continues to misunderstand my Moderator motives.

Please have no concern for Cary. He is safe and involved in FU on a daily basis.

Early on, there was a suggestion regarding the need for a Moderator. Since no one offered to help, I stepped up to the plate.

In my opinion, Cary needed some assistance insuring a few adult posters on FU do not inadvertently promote criminal activity involving a juvenile. In other words, if a poster indicates his/her age is under 18, an adult needs to use caution when suggesting/promoting behavior which could cause that child harm and/or cause that child to participate in a criminal act. While I am not an attorney, there may be an amount of liability for the adult as well as Fairfax Underground if it, as an entity, allows certain comments to go un- moderated.

Protecting children is my primary motivation as I proceed in this “Moderator” position. It is not, as Gravis suggested, to make FU a family friendly forum….that’s a humorous suggestion!

As a bonus, I did add a little “Moderating” of the “extreme” anti Semitic or “extreme” racist type posts. I realize this can be subjective and in no way want to thwart free speech. But, if a very casual redirection helps keep a thread moving while maintaining free expression, then it can be a win win for FU.

I have also noticed the occasional poster who does not “feel” heard often becomes a troll and a nuisance for FU. Of course, these trolls can become some posters amusement… much like a cat playing with a half dead mouse… but the risk then becomes the troll develops into a monopolizing presence. This can be avoided.

Thank you for suggesting bringing in the Easter theme. And, here it begins.
Attachments:
EasterBunnyLG.jpg

Date: March 17, 2008 09:09PM

Moderator Wrote:
>>> I have also noticed the occasional poster who does not “feel” heard often becomes a troll and a nuisance for FU.

In other words: the person who just posted as "Moderator".

Date: March 17, 2008 09:11PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:03AM by Alias.

Date: March 17, 2008 09:36PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:04AM by Alias.

Date: March 17, 2008 10:14PM

yawn

Date: March 17, 2008 10:18PM

TRICKIE,
   no matter what "Moderator" claims, he is NOT a moderator. if he was, he would have the ability to delete my posts which he clearly does not.

Date: March 17, 2008 11:41PM

Looks like I’ve cleared things up!!

Signed,

The Moderator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 11:49PM by Moderator.

Posted by: Stabile ()
Date: March 17, 2008 11:46PM

Yes, Thank you. Finally, I'm understanding!!

I was unsure of what was going on, but, get it now!!!

Posted by: I Get it ()
Date: March 18, 2008 12:44AM

Trickie, mickie, fucshie, meepshe.
Margie, pargie, fucshie, meepshe.

Date: March 18, 2008 08:25AM

I thought my shops were bad, but Alias, yours really suck. Kinda like yourself.
Die already.

Date: March 18, 2008 11:37AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:16AM by Alias.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 18, 2008 12:14PM

That one really sucks too... first you need a mind for comedy so you can come up with a funny premise, then you need some sk1lz to put it all together. Having already established that you lack both, it may be best to leave the pictures alone.

Date: March 18, 2008 01:24PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:15AM by Alias.

Date: March 18, 2008 04:37PM

notice how he has a dude in tights in that one? Alias likes that crotch in spandex look.....

Date: March 18, 2008 07:40PM

Yeah, I'd much rather be accused of liking vampire lesbians than guys in crotch spandex.

Date: March 18, 2008 08:59PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:14AM by Alias.

Date: March 18, 2008 09:22PM

Alias Wrote:
>>> Interesting, Pgens, but 496 only dresses up as Superman when you’re around.

Surely "Alias" will have the most superdelegates in this arguement.

Date: March 18, 2008 09:46PM

Alias Wrote:
> Interesting, Pgens, but 496 only dresses up as
> Superman when you’re around.

Wow, got me there with that one. That the best you can do?

Date: March 19, 2008 10:02AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:14AM by Alias.

Date: March 19, 2008 11:11AM

Again, not a really sensible comeback reverting to some gay theme when you just accused me of liking lesbian vampires. It's just a poor, unoriginal comeback.

Date: March 19, 2008 11:22AM

He's just one of those weirdos that is obsessed with posting other people's forum names. It's basically all he's done since he came here.

pgens Wrote:
> Again, not a really sensible comeback reverting to
> some gay theme when you just accused me of liking
> lesbian vampires. It's just a poor, unoriginal
> comeback.

Date: March 19, 2008 12:20PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:12AM by Alias.

Date: March 19, 2008 12:31PM

You are repeating yourself Alias... anything new? Still waiting...

Date: March 19, 2008 12:33PM

I don't know what you're talking about, guy.

Alias Wrote:
> Pgens, you’re the one who couldn’t keep his eyes
> off 496 and his crotch. I have no idea what your
> sexual orientation is but you certainly sound
> confused.
>
> Meeper, you’re just an annoying little gnat, no
> matter which name you post under. Shouldn’t you
> be in school now?

Date: March 19, 2008 05:13PM

Pgens, give Meeper one more hit on the head. Then change places.

I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you
I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you I mock you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 09:30PM by Alias.
Attachments:
jackass-screen22222.jpg

Date: March 19, 2008 07:27PM

You copy and pasted an unmodified image from a Portable Gaming Revolution Web site and you call that original? What a laughable, unoriginal loser!! I LOL at your lame attempts. I mock you.

Date: March 19, 2008 09:47PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:10AM by Alias.

Date: March 19, 2008 10:45PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

This might be an appropriate time for The Moderator to point out the obvious.

The absence of effective “Moderating” of Gravis has resulted in the creation of “Alias” type posters. The earlier Gravis postings, which involved the use of HTML “tricks” to alter registered postings, should have resulted in some type of consequence.

Unfortunately, we let him slide and a precedence was set for “acceptable posting behavior”.

A special request to Alias and Gravis (and any other poster considering the game playing):

This is not acceptable forum posting behavior. Please do not use the HTML code to alter posts and do not deviate from the acceptable posting guidelines. Failure to comply with our guidelines will result in a temporary banning.

Thank you.

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: March 20, 2008 01:22AM

Moderator Wrote:
> The absence of effective “Moderating” of Gravis
> has resulted in the creation of “Alias” type
> posters.

the word you are looking for is copycat.

> The earlier Gravis postings, which
> involved the use of HTML “tricks” to alter
> registered postings, should have resulted in some
> type of consequence.

hahaha! you are so powerless you cant even go to the bathroom without permission.

Date: March 20, 2008 08:28AM

As I was saying Alias, you copy and pasted an unmodified image from a Portable Gaming Revolution Web site and you call that original? What a laughable, unoriginal loser!! I LOL at your lame attempts. I mock you.

Date: March 20, 2008 01:54PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:10AM by Alias.

Date: March 20, 2008 02:19PM

I have never been more compelled to utter the phrase "Great, now STFU".

Date: March 20, 2008 06:50PM

HAPPY EASTER !!

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
EasterBunnyLG.jpg

Date: March 20, 2008 09:16PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:08AM by Alias.

Date: March 31, 2008 11:50AM

Cary Wrote:

> Unfortunately I do not have the time to review
> every message that is posted here. In order to
> ensure that this forum remains a resource for the
> masses and doesn't degrade into a stomping ground
> for a few thugs it seems that it is time for me to
> tap some moderators. If you understand and agree
> with my philosophy on moderation and are
> interested in becoming a moderator for this forum
> please email me a few lines on why you think you'd
> make a good fit. Lurkers may certainly apply, in
> fact I'd prefer it.

Has Cary tapped anyone for off-topic moderating? I have been reporting off-topic threads in the Fairfax forum for a few weeks now and they never go away. I try to do that and not comment on it, but recently it has become very frustrating. People just don't care about on-topic posting rules, and Cary if you could pick someone to do the thread moving that would be great. I and other "regulars" I know have volunteered but I can understand why you'd rather have a lurker. But someone needs to give you a hand soon as the amount of Fairfax County material in the Fairfax County forum is becoming harder and harder to find.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 09:25PM by pgens.

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:03PM

Moderator Wrote:
> HAPPY EASTER !!
>
> Signed,
>
> The Moderator

That rabbit kinda freaks me out.

Date: April 01, 2008 09:45AM

pgens wrote:
Has Cary tapped anyone for off-topic moderating? I have been reporting off-topic threads in the Fairfax forum for a few weeks now and they never go away. I try to do that and not comment on it, but recently it has become very frustrating. People just don't care about on-topic posting rules, and Cary if you could pick someone to do the thread moving that would be great. I and other "regulars" I know have volunteered but I can understand why you'd rather have a lurker. But someone needs to give you a hand soon as the amount of Fairfax County material in the Fairfax County forum is becoming harder and harder to find.

SaMiViMa wrote:
That rabbit kinda freaks me out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pgens,
I’ll see what I can do. The “Moderator” has been traveling and will get back on the job. Sorry for missing those “off topic” postings. Maybe, a few reminders to certain posters can help out!

SaMiViMa,
The rabbit is gone. It freaked me out as well.

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: April 02, 2008 12:38AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:30AM by Alias.

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: April 03, 2008 12:08AM

He's a little whiny bitch!!!!

Date: April 10, 2008 09:21PM

Okay ....time for some clean up....back to work.

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: April 11, 2008 12:06AM

To Fake Moderator,

What did you do to Cary? He has been missing for a month or more.

Date: April 11, 2008 01:40AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:27AM by Alias.

Date: April 11, 2008 01:41PM

Alias Wrote:
> To the Trickie one.
>
> Why is it, do you think, that most tricks are
> fake?

are you like... retarded?

About: Moderation
From time to time it may be necessary to delete or alter certain messages to guarantee the quality of this informational resource. Moderation of Fairfax Underground is almost non-existent except in extreme circumstances. The grounds for moderation or deletion of a post are:

* Spam

Posts are not edited for lewdness, correctness or vulgarity as long as they do not violate one of the rules above.

Users who repeatedly violate the rules will be warned. If the warning is not heeded the user will be banned from posting.

No legitimate post will ever be altered or deleted, regardless of how controversial, without a court order. Free, open, and anonymous means that you can express any thought, idea or opinion without fear of censorship.

Current moderators: Cary, ben

Date: April 11, 2008 07:41PM

Gravis to Alias wrote “are you like... retarded? ”

Violation of Cary’s posted guidelines….

The grounds for moderation or deletion of a post are:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravis, Thank you for trying to help out, but, why don’t you leave the “Moderating” to The Moderator. (Not a question) Sorry, the reasons are…how shall I say, obvious.

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: April 11, 2008 10:57PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:26AM by Alias.

Date: April 11, 2008 11:25PM

"Alias" is a troll that logs on under different user names to write responses to his own posts.

Date: April 12, 2008 04:21AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:25AM by Alias.

Date: April 12, 2008 06:25AM

You're a lamer. Stop being weak.

Date: April 12, 2008 08:30AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:23AM by Alias.

Date: April 12, 2008 09:33AM

Alias Wrote:
> > "TheMeeper" is a momma's boy who thinks he can sing.

Look, you wanna act like a fuckin nudnick, why not just send me this shit in a PM?

Seriously- you're retarded, just like that "YA" guy that used to post here. And we all know what happened with him.

Date: April 12, 2008 09:39AM

What happened to ya?

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> > > "TheMeeper" is a momma's boy who thinks he can
> sing.
>
>
> Look, you wanna act like a fuckin nudnick, why not
> just send me this shit in a PM?
>
> Seriously- you're retarded, just like that "YA"
> guy that used to post here. And we all know what
> happened with him.

Date: April 12, 2008 09:48AM

DeathByCop Wrote:
>> What happened to ya?

Cary banned YA because all he did was troll the forum with juvenile insults, just like this "Alias" nimrod.

Date: April 12, 2008 02:45PM

MODERATION

* Spam

-------------------------------------------------------------

TheMeeper and Alias:

This is a good example to use, so others can learn. You are both violating the forum guidelines.

Lets all try to respect Cary’s posted rules. He has been very flexible in the past, but, do not make the mistake of viewing this flexibility as a weakness. Please try harder to avoid personally attacking posters.

If Cary determines a poster is an habitual offender, he will take appropriate action.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Signed,

The Moderator

PS. And, if you both don’t mind a bit of light hearted advice…..try keeping a sense of humor. Life is too short to take most of these postings too seriously.

fake moderator...
Date: April 12, 2008 05:01PM

file.php?40,file=909

Date: April 12, 2008 05:05PM

Moderator Wrote:
>> Life is too short to take most of these postings too seriously.

Why thank you jumping in with such an insightful little adage to teach us all a valuable lesson. What do you have for us next: "A stitch in time saves nine"? "What goes up must come down"?

time for a beer :p

Date: April 12, 2008 05:11PM

Time for a few...Friday's anyone????????

Posted by: 2funny ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:17PM

Alias Wrote:
> Moderator,
>
> I am registering a complaint regarding an annoying
> poster who sometimes uses the name, TheMeeper,
> and who thinks you have named him, Deputy of the
> Troll Squad. He runs around the board like a
> lunatic, finding a troll behind every post and
> often derides those posters who have chosen not to
> register. He is apparently unaware that Cary
> designed this site as an anonymous forum. "In
> keeping with the anonymous public resource theme,
> you do not need an account to view or post
> messages to the Fairfax Underground forums."
>
> Isn't there some innocuous job you could give this
> mosquito to keep him busy, but out of the way?
> Just make it sound important and he'll be happy.

For once Alias, you came up w/ something both original and funny! Can you replicate this feat again?

Date: April 12, 2008 10:33PM

Alias == Moderator

Date: April 13, 2008 01:29AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:22AM by Alias.

Date: April 13, 2008 07:59AM

Gravis:

WRONG, again. Suggestion, don’t become an attorney. You should be certain of the correct answer before going out on a limb.

The Moderator = = The Moderator = = Fairfax County resident.

And, the Moderator, has posted as such for about 2 months….no other aliases. 100% truth.

Now some of your postings make a little more sense since you thought, incorrectly, The Moderator, was another poster.

Alias: Not sure what “what” means. Sounds like a Clintonizm. Again, please refrain from personally attacking other posters. TheMeeper seemed to understand my comments.

TheMeeper:

Glad you found my comments amusing. And, your contribution has some merit as well. Good job! …..you hit the nail on the head!

TheMeepers proverb:
“A stitch in time saves nine”
Meaning:
You use this proverb to say that it is better to spend a little time to deal with problems or act right now than wait. If you wait until late, things will get worse, and it will take much longer to deal with them.

Signed:

The Moderator

Date: April 13, 2008 08:09AM

Alias == Moderator

Date: April 13, 2008 08:54AM

Alias Wrote:
>> Sit on it and twist..... Stop pretending to be Cary.

Seriously, my friend's 12 year old comes up with better wisecracks than you.

Date: April 13, 2008 03:57PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 10:22AM by Alias.

Date: April 13, 2008 04:18PM

Alias Wrote:
>> TheMeeper: Looks like you and the Moderator have become good friends with your cutesy, wootsy words of wisdom. What's next, pat a cake, pat a cake?

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Music/RimShot.wav

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 17, 2008 10:07PM

Babel fish thread.

Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.