HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFXU...MOVIE
Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:06AM

I will organize this later...and I am sure I am not the first person to think of this, but I know I am creative enough to follow through on it if it ever materialized...

The following is just copy and paste of ideas that were quickly typed out as the idea for a movie hit me and all the possibilities that followed...there is so much more to explore...

What a movie idea...FFXU could be the setting of some psychological thriller. During the movie viewers would get to know the personalities, feuds and relationships through their posts, while cutting to the actual people in their daily lives...BUT just because you see a post from XXXXX and then cut to a person in real life, does not mean that they are the same...get the viewer to identify the different posters with actual, real life, characters only to have their assumptions destroyed in the end when the real life character's action are very different verse what they expected. The "tell" would be during the climax of the movie (whatever plot is decided to get the real life characters interacting to some extent)...as a post is flashed during the final actions - each would reveal the REAL identities. It would have the viewer questioning so much...their prejudices, assumptions and overall views of each poster verse character they attached them to...an example would be a "political poster" actually being the person that is involved with drugs verse the character that actually is in a political setting...or the craziest "sexual deviant" poster being the one who is actually helping society and so on...this could be a crazy bad-ass movie. Actually, it is made for sequels as well --- Class of 2012 would go through the motions above and next year ushers in the next batch of characters.

AND...imagine if it became a cult hit...and we could get actual FFXU posters (Prior to the movie coming out) to be interviewed - in secret from each other of course. Each would sign in showing there are the real XXXXX and then be interviewed, people would be begging to find out about the REAL people that the movies are based upon.

Would you (Regular/frequent poster) agree to be interviewed in case the movie was a cult hit? This would be posters that have met a certain criteria, to be decided by the movie creators: number of posts - personality - reactions to threads - quality of threads/posts - hated/loved so on...

It would require each poster to sign in, on camera, to their FFXU "name" and then give a relatively in depth interview. Real life experiences and reasons for being here on FFXU in the first place, as well as, their thoughts on other FFXU regulars.

Add the dynamic of anyone who mutually agrees to meet can be interviewed together at some point too...and their revelations could be caught as well.

CARY.......PM me.......lets do this, I know we could sell this to a major movie company. EDIT: Independent company - keep in tune with the Underground' feel...

The unfortunate result would be FFXU being overrun with users and never being the same again, but for a hit cult classic to be?!? Would posters here give up this slice of anonymous heaven for a chance to be a part of something huge and historic? A small band of outcasts, at least in our anonymous world, being the basis of a movie series that takes the world by storm? A new, "sign of the times" movie that sets the stage for the internet verse real life genre. I know there are some already out there, but not as obscure as FFXU..and so close to Washington DC is where this is all taking place would freak the country out!

The more I think about it...

IF the movie was made and was successful, just the public coming to FFXU and finding it to be a real site would be a HUGE controversy. So many people would just say it, and all the threads and user names were set up by some computer wizard and it is all fake. It never was real...it was made just so people after the movie would go look at it...it is a huge farce. People would say Hollywood has the $$$ to create a fake site and populate it with as much stuff...(posts, names, threads etc...) just to make people think it was real.

It is like the opposite of so many movies...it would be REAL and people would try to prove it was FAKE - like some huge conspiracy. Think - opposite of the "Blair Witch Project"...

This could happen...it could be developed so well - so many characters to choose from and story-lines.

Each regular user who is interviewed would be promised some $$$, I can not imagine it would take too much for most to do it...and that would be the feeding ground for the plots. Imagine the various characters that are available here...not only would they be prime characters here in FFXU, but also in the movies. Imagine the reveal of (Insert poster here) in the second movie alone...wow!

I want to do this...

A Minor Threat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 05:05AM by postpoppunk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFXU...MOVIE
Posted by: Ricky retardo ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:10AM

No one cares.... Ur a retard. You think people give a fuck about this site and it's mental cases?

Date: November 28, 2011 02:10AM

Needed to add - I have set myself up for people to PM me posing as CARY...I realize this now.

I am not sure how I would be able to tell the REAL Cary verse impostors?

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 02:17AM

Ricky retardo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one cares.... Ur a retard. You think people
> give a fuck about this site and it's mental cases?

Brought to life...these "mental cases" would create a huge canvas to work from...

The fact that the "mental cases" have populated FFXU for so long under the assumption that it will remain this desolate ground is all the better.

As long as no one has really committed any actual crimes - each could give up their anonymity for the chance to be a part of the movie. Plus, the sheer number of posters through the years would allow for 80%, or more, to never be a part of things and still have plenty to draw from...

The reason I think this would be a huge hit, is BECAUSE it is REAL and no one gives a shit...an obscure place where real people lose all moral and ethical coding and just let human nature take over...or do they? Is this the sad reality of human's and their interaction with no consequences in sight? - with no repercussions what will humans do? - how will they act?

A "Lord of the Flies" in the cyber-world or a modern day platform for the ideals of disconnection (Even if self imposed) from the world.

So many ways to go with the movie...the obvious one to me is this site as an actual social experiment that really collects data on each person and follows them in real life....leading to so much more...

No one here would physically be in the movie, but would be a part of the interviews to be released accordingly.

Movie 1 - a certain number of ACTUAL poster's interviews would be released - an extra DVD set of course - that parallels the first movie + a few that create questions about the next movie...like a teaser. If the timing is right, it could be an incredible vehicle to keep interest up over time and between movies.

A Minor Threat

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 05:06AM by postpoppunk.

Posted by: NativeFU'er ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:25AM

Dude, wtf? Why do you have to go and exploit our virtual 'hood? Fucking Uncle Toms...I tell ya'...

Posted by: Movie Mogul ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:26AM

postpoppunk Wrote:
> Needed to add - I have set myself up for people to
> PM me posing as CARY...I realize this now.
>
> I am not sure how I would be able to tell the REAL
> Cary verse impostors?

Because messages from the real Cary will be from "Cary".

Before you invest too much time and energy in your project, make sure you have or know where you can get financing. That's always the killer for projects like this- a lack of money. I would say $50K-$100K would be a good starter number for an absolute bargain-basement production, but as you add people (both talent and crew) and production values, the price will go up very, very quickly.

Date: November 28, 2011 02:31AM

NativeFU'er Wrote:
> Dude, wtf? Why do you have to go and exploit our
> virtual 'hood? Fucking Uncle Toms...I tell ya'...

I agree with you...it would end FFXU as we know it...but would it be worth it?

That would be for Cary to decide, this is his/her creation and would hinge on their final decisions.

I can say - that without it being the actual FFXU, the conspiracy theories and following debate of FFXU's actual pre-existence to the movies would be lost --- as well as any chance of it becoming a cult movie or an urban myth of sorts...

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 02:31AM by postpoppunk.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:31AM

Who's going to make it? You, postpop?

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 02:37AM

Movie Mogul Wrote:
> postpoppunk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Needed to add - I have set myself up for people
> to
> > PM me posing as CARY...I realize this now.
> >
> > I am not sure how I would be able to tell the
> REAL
> > Cary verse impostors?
>
> Because messages from the real Cary will be from
> "Cary".
>
> Before you invest too much time and energy in your
> project, make sure you have or know where you can
> get financing. That's always the killer for
> projects like this- a lack of money. I would say
> $50K-$100K would be a good starter number for an
> absolute bargain-basement production, but as you
> add people (both talent and crew) and production
> values, the price will go up very, very quickly.

Yes, the $$$ would need to be there - well created and thought out BEFORE being pitched. I think that a lower budget, think "Clerks", would be suitable and fit the whole feeling of the movie. Maybe black and white throughout the movie - excluding the times that the threads/posts/posters names were shown, these would be the well known black/blue/white of FFXU....which would carry throughout the movie - credits / introduction etc...only when some of the "reveals" came to light near the end of the movie would color be introduced. But, the color would mirror the character - bright and warm for the "racist poster" that ends up being a great person in real life and vise-versa...color would identify with each character's reveal accordingly.

A Minor Threat

Posted by: NativeFU'er ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:40AM

postpoppunk Wrote:
> NativeFU'er Wrote:
> -----
> > Dude, wtf? Why do you have to go and exploit
> our
> > virtual 'hood? Fucking Uncle Toms...I tell
> ya'...
>
>
> I agree with you...it would end FFXU as we know
> it...but would it be worth it?
>
> That would be for Cary to decide, this is his/her
> creation and would hinge on their final
> decisions.
>
> I can say - that without it being the actual FFXU,
> the conspiracy theories and following debate of
> FFXU's actual pre-existence to the movies would be
> lost --- as well as any chance of it becoming a
> cult movie or an urban myth of sorts...

In my view it would not be worth it to kill the site in order to produce a mass-media project surrounding it. However, as you said, it's Cary's property so, it'll be his call.

I post links to this forum all over the internet and the back and forth that follows is fantastic. Sadly, you really don't have to be familiar with the 703 to have an appreciation for the magic that happens here. And that will likely be its undoing, creative project(s) notwithstanding.

Cary's put up with a lot of melarkey to keep this thing going over the years. I wouldn't blame him for selling out and getting paid...but as the great CERT would say, it would sadden me.

Date: November 28, 2011 02:42AM

I hear mental masturbation...

I don't see a movie yet...

Don't get me wrong... I think there's a movie in this forum somewhere... but I don't see it in this thread...

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Alias' Lover ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:45AM

I wish to submit Keira Knightly to play "Alias".

Date: November 28, 2011 02:46AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> Who's going to make it? You, postpop?

I would definitely offer myself to the task - yes. But, knowing my limitations, I think, would be my greatest asset - I would like to be on the creative end of things --- story plot / character building (Kind of like brand identity that I do now in design) / graphic design (Credits - Introduction)...

I am the type of person to quickly announce where I am weak and need help...so the proper people would be brought in for so many things...all the technical filming and anything related would be out of my realm.

I do not know what kind of capital we would be working with? Or how to gain $$$ through pitching the movie...I just know it is there and could be an incredibly interesting endeavor. So many possibilities are there and ripe for creation --- plus the community of FFXU would play a huge and unique roll in the movie - unlike anything I can remember in the past.

I will admit...this would be focused solely on the "Off-Topic" area of the site.

Edit: The other parts of the site would be included to show the actual value of FFXU - the actual sharing of information and it's positive results...but just to make sure that FFXU is not forever known as Off-Topic only..I do think that the movie would be based out of the Off-Topic section. The site would be shown in it's entirety, again, to make sure that it is not seen as a worthless site - but has legitimacy and actual use, consequence and value in the internet world.

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 05:15AM by postpoppunk.

Date: November 28, 2011 02:51AM

Saw some editing going on tonight... You wouldn't want to edit this out, would ya, boy?

postpoppunk Wrote:
> I will organize this later...and I am sure I am
> not the first person to think of this, but I know
> I am creative enough to follow through on it if it
> ever materialized...
>
> The following is just copy and paste of ideas that
> were quickly typed out as the idea for a movie hit
> me and all the possibilities that followed...there
> is so much more to explore...
>
>
>
> What a movie idea...FFXU could be the setting of
> some psychological thriller. During the movie
> viewers would get to know the personalities, feuds
> and relationships through their posts, while
> cutting to the actual people in their daily
> lives...BUT just because you see a post from XXXXX
> and then cut to a person in real life, does not
> mean that they are the same...get the viewer to
> identify the different posters with actual, real
> life, characters only to have their assumptions
> destroyed in the end when the real life
> character's action are very different verse what
> they expected. The "tell" would be during the
> climax of the movie (whatever plot is decided to
> get the real life characters interacting to some
> extent)...as a post is flashed during the final
> actions - each would reveal the REAL identities.
> It would have the viewer questioning so
> much...their prejudices, assumptions and overall
> views of each poster verse character they attached
> them to...an example would be a "political poster"
> actually being the person that is involved with
> drugs verse the character that actually is in a
> political setting...or the craziest "sexual
> deviant" poster being the one who is actually
> helping society and so on...this could be a crazy
> bad-ass movie. Actually, it is made for sequels as
> well --- Class of 2012 would go through the
> motions above and next year ushers in the next
> batch of characters.
>
> AND...imagine if it became a cult hit...and we
> could get actual FFXU posters (Prior to the movie
> coming out) to be interviewed - in secret from
> each other of course. Each would sign in showing
> there are the real XXXXX and then be interviewed,
> people would be begging to find out about the REAL
> people that the movies are based upon.
>
> Would you (Regular/frequent poster) agree to be
> interviewed in case the movie was a cult hit? This
> would be posters that have met a certain criteria,
> to be decided by the movie creators: number of
> posts - personality - reactions to threads -
> quality of threads/posts - hated/loved so on...
>
> It would require each poster to sign in, on
> camera, to their FFXU "name" and then give a
> relatively in depth interview. Real life
> experiences and reasons for being here on FFXU in
> the first place, as well as, their thoughts on
> other FFXU regulars.
>
> Add the dynamic of anyone who mutually agrees to
> meet can be interviewed to together at some point
> too...and their revelations could be caught as
> well.
>
> CARY.......PM me.......lets do this, I know we
> could sell this to a major movie company.
>
> The unfortunate result would be FFXU being overrun
> with users and never being the same again, but for
> a hit cult classic to be?!? Would posters here
> give up this slice of anonymous heaven for a
> chance to be a part of something huge and
> historic? A small band of outcasts, at least in
> our anonymous world, being the basis of a movie
> series that takes the world by storm? A new, "sign
> of the times" movie that sets the stage for the
> internet verse real life genre. I know there are
> some already out there, but not as obscure as
> FFXU..and so close to Washington DC is where this
> is all taking place would freak the country out!
>
> The more I think about it...
>
> IF the movie was made and was successful, just the
> public coming to FFXU and finding it to be a real
> site would be a HUGE controversy. So many people
> would just say it, and all the threads and user
> names were set up by some computer wizard and it
> is all fake. It never was real...it was made just
> so people after the movie would go look at it...it
> is a huge farce. People would say Hollywood has
> the $$$ to create a fake site and populate it with
> as much stuff...(posts, names, threads etc...)
> just to make people think it was real.
>
> It is like the opposite of so many movies...it
> would be REAL and people would try to prove it was
> FAKE - like some huge conspiracy. Think - opposite
> of the "Blair Witch Project"...
>
> This could happen...it could be developed so well
> - so many characters to choose from and
> story-lines.
>
> Each regular user who is interviewed would be
> promised some $$$, I can not imagine it would take
> to much for most to do it...and that would be the
> feeding ground for the plots. Imagine a character
> like MMisery, HT or JBass and so many more...not
> only are prime characters here in FFXU, but also
> in the movies. Imagine the reveal of MMisery in
> the second movie alone...wow!
>
> I want to do this...

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 02:51AM

Doin it, doin it, doin it... for posterity..

postpoppunk Wrote:
> Ricky retardo Wrote:
> -----
> > No one cares.... Ur a retard. You think people
> > give a fuck about this site and it's mental
> cases?
>
>
> Brought to life...these "mental cases" would
> create a huge canvas to work from...
>
> The fact that the "mental cases" have populated
> FFXU for so long under the assumption that it will
> remain this desolate ground is all the better.
>
> As long as no one has really committed any actual
> crimes - each could give up their anonymity for
> the chance to be a part of the movie. Plus, the
> sheer number of posters through the years would
> allow for 50%, or more, to never be a part of
> things and still have plenty to draw from...
>
> The reason I think this would be a huge hit, is
> BECAUSE it is REAL and no one gives a shit...an
> obscure place where real people lose all moral and
> ethical coding and just let human nature take
> over...or do they? Is this the sad reality of
> human's and their interaction with no consequences
> in sight? - with no repercussions what will humans
> do? - how will they act?
>
> A "Lord of the Flies" in the cyber-world or a
> modern day platform for the ideals of
> disconnection (Even if self imposed) from the
> world.
>
> So many ways to go with the movie...the obvious
> one to me is this site as an actual social
> experiment that really collects data on each
> person and follows them in real life....leading to
> so much more...
>
> No one here would physically be in the movie, but
> would be a part of the interviews to be released
> accordingly.
>
> Movie 1 - a certain number of ACTUAL poster's
> interviews would be released - an extra DVD set of
> course - that parallels the first movie + a few
> that create questions about the next movie...like
> a teaser. If the timing is right, it could be an
> incredible vehicle to keep interest up over time
> and between movies.

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 02:55AM

HT - I agree - so far in this thread is basically me masturbating with no real substance yet. I will try to develop a more coherent explanation of what I am thinking in the future. Basically, try to get some bones to even put the meat on...

Also, it would be a "sell out" to mass media...I have always spouted about NO LABELS and even I would think this could be done on an independent label (shit, I just said label) and retain it's integrity while being thrown into the fires of society to never be the same again.

Would a mass suicide of everyone's anonymous identities (Those willing) not be an incredible FIRST in movies? - in anything? Who are these people? Why were they there? How did this obscure place attract so many users - why? The actual REAL people coming forward - risking so much personally to show the world what a breakdown of humanity, ethics, morals etc...can happen even to the most upstanding people that live next door to you...

Fuck, my brain is going a thousand miles an hour...

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 02:57AM

HT - the editing was to get it all in ONE place..no other agenda.

Plus, I am guessing some OCD' shit going on with me also...

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 03:00AM

I'd like to hear more... but I'm open to the idea of contributing...

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 03:03AM

> > NativeFU'er Wrote:
>
> In my view it would not be worth it to kill the
> site in order to produce a mass-media project
> surrounding it. However, as you said, it's Cary's
> property so, it'll be his call.

I wanted to address this....

The thing that most intrigues me is that FFXU posters would be the LIFE of the DEATH of something they love...if that makes any sense.

EVERYTHING would be derived from actual people here coming forward to be interviewed - each giving up their anonymity and furthermore opening up about who they really are...this dynamic IS the force that would drive the plots and stories that would be born. Of course there would be an overall story setting - something that would be realistic...an example - a random thought about having dinner for the FFXU posters I typed this out:

Hmm...I think I would invite everyone, BUT it would have to be at a public place. maybe a restaurant or rent out a shelter that has a pit-fire...just so it could accommodate as many people as possible.

Now, name-tags would be mandatory and my guess is we would need a minimum of 5 armed security guards hired to keep the order. Also, these guards would have to check everyone in so that there is no "FFXU Mass Murder 2011" movie made a few years from now.

The more I think of it, this would be so surreal. All the images that users have already put to the anonymous names would be crushed...and how many users would have someone "clone" them in real life. Imagine one of our usual whack-jobs deciding that they are going impersonate another...XXXXX is already there and someone else comes up and says I am XXXXX. Or, I would not put it past someone with a grudge to say they are someone else and be a complete dick and cause all kinds of trouble just to try to further damage the person they hate so much.

How many FFXU posters would setup just outside where-ever the meet up is planned just to video everyone + their name-tags to post (Out') as many as possible?

While I think that 95% of FFXU posters as normal people that just come here to vent, play or take on a personality not acceptable in our society...I, also, believe that there are a few that could commit homicide or are real close and just need a nudge in that direction. Setting up a group of FFXU posters in one place would be the perfect "nudge" that the one lunatic needed to finally go through with murder...and on a grand scale in their minds.

Think about it...if FFXU has become some psychotic's reality to some extent and this is their "world" - think of the hate and negativity that is broadcast here 24/7. Their "world" would parallel and reflect the words that they read here and the words here would shape their perception of reality. A person that is mentally incapacitated so much that FFXU could become their reality is in no position to make rational cognitive decisions.

I would like to think that a gathering of FFXU posters would be some kind of revelation that we are all human and are very different verse our anonymous identities, but I have a inclination that it may be a blood-bath due to that one loose canon. What is weird to me is that I think that if one "loose canon" did massacre the gathering...there would be one or two others that just did not get there before the first.

As for females showing up..wow...I am not sexist at all, but in this case I would think that not even considering it a possibility would be the best choice. Again, 95% normal people, but that other 5% is what I would worry about. Yes, 1% of the bad 5% would be killers, but I would wager that at least 3% of the 5% are some kind of sexual predators. Not sure what kind or how to categorize them, I just do not know the terminology, but that is my opinion.

Simple yes...but the general idea could be a small premise to work from...in fact, typing the above is what sparked the idea for a movie, to me, in the first place.

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 03:05AM by postpoppunk.

Date: November 28, 2011 03:06AM

Why do people really have to out themselves though?

Couldn't you do real interviews? But rewrite and reenact based on the substance of the interviews?

The actual posters could still remain anonymous...

I don't see why it HAS to be a sacrifice... We could have it both...

and the fact that none of the people in the movie are "real" would enhance the mystique of FU... rather than sacrifice it...

You could use real posts though...

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 03:14AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> Why do people really have to out themselves
> though?
>
> Couldn't you do real interviews? But rewrite and
> reenact based on the substance of the interviews?
>
> The actual posters could still remain
> anonymous...
>
> I don't see why it HAS to be a sacrifice... We
> could have it both...
>
> and the fact that none of the people in the movie
> are "real" would enhance the mystique of FU...
> rather than sacrifice it...
>
> You could use real posts though...

Agreed...

BUT, anyone who dares or for some other reasons wants some sort of notoriety would have the option to actually OUT' themselves for real.

I guess we could have the interviews be done with the REAL people under agreement that their actual identities remain secret - forever --- unless they personally decide to volunteer that information in the future.

I can see the interviews, with posts and threads flashing in and out to read as the interview is happening - the REAL person blacked out - or some other way to be there, while not being identifiable.

The demographics could be generalized enough not to OUT anyone --- think a map of FFX and surrounding areas dotted with the correct number and percentages of households, but vague enough to not focus in on anyone's actual address. A chart of jobs - again vague enough to not identify, but real enough to freak the viewer out...so on and so on...family numbers and incomes...

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 03:18AM

Sure... some of them could be actors... some of them could be real... you'd NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!!

You wanna do the blackout thing? Meh...

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Q. Tarantino ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:25AM

If I were pitching this, I would say, "Zodiac" meets "Donnie Darko". Of course, the legend of the Bunnyman would have to be incorporated into the plot.

Fuck...I'm "so glad" I'm an anonymous poster giving you creative elements FOR FREE! Ugh...

Just get me a good fucking seat for the premiere, will ya'? Christ...

Date: November 28, 2011 03:29AM

The "sacrifice", I think, would be the site itself... unfortunately.

I do not see how it could ever be the same again - the crushing of the site by people checking it out would be an indication of a positive movie and interest...maybe in the end Cary (Not that Cary needs or desires to) would be able to sell the site for millions?

Who knows...maybe the chance at a small percentage of the sale of the site to each and everyone who volunteered to be a part of everything would be the motivation and offer to get people to participate? Of course this would be a risk for everyone only in the sense that they may, or may not, cash in for the efforts.

I would hope that the reasons people came forward would be for a more substantial reason...I know I am interested in $$, but only to a point - it is not the main reason I would pursue this at all.

Even if only 30-40 posters came forward - it would still be groundbreaking IMO - a first of its kind. The depth of the REAL people being the engine of the plots and stories just seems so unique to me...

Fairfax County - wealth, happiness, american dream for many - on the edges of the capitol of the free world - lives FFXU...the people who inhabit this site are your neighbors - work in the federal government making important decisions for this country - housewives and women of power - teachers and people with PHDs etc...are the SAME people who are ___________(Insert one of the fucked up posters here) --- the difference in action in the real world verse here on FFXU would be a psychological study that NEVER was supposed to be open up to the world.

....the spectrum of humanity and it's degradation on so many levels could be explored to what extreme? Not one movie - that is for sure...

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 09:23PM by postpoppunk.

Date: November 28, 2011 03:33AM

I don't see a problem with more traffic on this site...

Might have to upgrade the server....

Might have to find some extra moderators...

THat's about all the sacrifice I can foresee...

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 03:34AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:

>
> You wanna do the blackout thing? Meh...

Here is where I would be open, and hoping, for ideas...something to match the NEW genre we would be exploring. I agree, the "blackout" thing would suck - a constant blurred moving flash of the person from many angles - head to toes but never revealing enough to see them...with the posts/threads/username creatively existing during the interviews...so the viewer could take in both..but not overwhelmed. I have ideas...and would hope to work with people to realize those in their expertise.

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 03:40AM

Q. Tarantino Wrote:
> If I were pitching this, I would say, "Zodiac"
> meets "Donnie Darko". Of course, the legend of the
> Bunnyman would have to be incorporated into the
> plot.
>
> Fuck...I'm "so glad" I'm an anonymous poster
> giving you creative elements FOR FREE! Ugh...
>
> Just get me a good fucking seat for the premiere,
> will ya'? Christ...

THIS^^^ could be the fucking breakthrough that creates the sensation needed to propel this production beyond any other...

As people are interviewed...if they have knowledge that could help produce the film - IT WOULD BE WELCOMED and imagine if WE could pull this off with ONLY the FFXU posters ALSO producing it!!!

$$, knowledge of filming, story and character building, casting, make-up, design....Imagine if these fucking crazy/normal - psycho/sane people not only were the plot/characters etc...but we pulled everyone's related talents where possible to actually make the movie.

The "social experiment" subjects actually coexist amongst their sordid tales and feelings - posts - hate - etc...to produce the movie itself.

I mean...where else have you ever heard of such a thing, event?

A Minor Threat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 03:41AM by postpoppunk.

Date: November 28, 2011 03:54AM

I've never made a movie before... but here's how I would approach this... Feel free to modify this to make it more logical...

**Compile a list of willing participants...

**Come up with a base of innovative interview questions.... Maybe even create some poster specific questions...

**find interviewer..

**Do the interviews... Might have to interview the same people more than once...

**After listening to all the interviews over and over, sketch out an idea for a plot/ direction you want to go with this... This can feature actors and still be a "true story"... but it doesn't even need to be a true story..

**get a crew..

**go to work...

AM I missing something?

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 03:57AM

Just got a nice plot twist...

The interviewer... a seemingly neutral participant... an objective "outsider" is actually eesh!... in disguise!!!

and this movie was all a sick twisted plot to ruin the lives of one or more posters...

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Garbage ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:58AM

Delusional Garbage

Date: November 28, 2011 03:58AM

Or maybe, the makers of the movie meant no harm...

The makers of the movie had good intentions...

but eesh... he exploited everyone... to realize his sick dreams...

Signatures are for fags

Date: November 28, 2011 04:01AM

Soooo much just running through my mind...maybe all to realize nothing, but so what?

Crazier things have happened to people...I am sure things have been born from circumstances never thought to be grounds for anything to grow.

Just take threads on porn/sex/hotornot etc...how many? 100s - 1000s? - to choose from...how many identifiable posters (Ones that have a history and can be recognized on FFXU, a staple of the site to an extent)? Just that grouping of people..just pulling people and threads from that small little tip-of-the-iceberg of FFXU could generate so much in terms of: characters/ideas/interviews/overall plots/imagery (from the site) and in the movie...it is like a gold-mine alone.

Simple example - XXXXX posts "I would eat the corn from her shit and plant real corn plants with the leftover kernels" - include another dozen of similar posts (REAL) from the same poster - now that person is pouring the milk for their 2 kids in the morning before they go off to teach at George Mason, giving sound and sincere advice to a 19 year old female student...cliched yes...but you get the idea.

AND - add in the people who agree to be interviewed (Or the teacher above) telling REAL life events of what they do - prostitutes, drugs,sex with students --- the REAL life actions may be one of the most fascinating parts of the film...

This has teeth...there is a lot available to shock the world < overstatement? IMO, no...bare knuckle truth, not censored in any way what so ever...not down played to make a PG-13 rating...Whether horrible and psychotic or uplifting and spiritual --- TRUTH found through previous anonymity and realized through the actions, words and efforts of the perpetrators themselves.

A Minor Threat

Posted by: Garbage ()
Date: November 28, 2011 04:01AM

Get a life Garbage

Date: November 28, 2011 04:22AM

Not going to be an XXXXX centric movie...yes, there are some characters that will have more of a role = to what we see here on FFXU now - the parallels will be intriguing and a basis of much of what is created.

Having each movie include an actual poster being behind the scenes only to kill "get" other posters is a twist...but leaves reality too far away.

A gritty look at your neighbors - who we all are to one and other - most important we are neighbors to ALL the viewers of the movie...this realization is what will send chills through everyone.

The ability of XXXXX teacher/engineer/mechanic/waiter/doctor/IT/designer/vet etc...people intertwined in the average American's life --- interviewed, posts and threads highlighted, their actual lives revealed, their posts + actual words could be haunting with the backdrop of them politely going about their daily lives...

REALITY is the WEAPON that we hit the audience with over an over until they wish they never knew human's were even capable of such thoughts --- the anonymity that protected the poster AND SOCIETY from having to face each other is a dynamic to explore.

As for HT's list....#1 have Cary entertain the idea at all.

The interviews would have to be done with some professionalism as to not be unusable later in production. A psychologist/doctor/criminal investigator etc.. with a template of questions and on board to delve deeper than the basic questions asked...kind of see what the poster is about and then let people better trained to dig deeper - their expertise would allow for the best results...

To hear the elementary school educator SPEAK as to their feelings of wanting the stupid fucks to die or be harmed in some way because of ... towards XXXX poster and anyone posting shit about... there typed and spoken WORDS - overplayed while the character nurtures the minds of youth at the VIEWERS SCHOOL, seeing THEIR KID in the character and seeing THEIR TEACHER etc..and XXXX talks of sexual fantasies/ dark shit that they would never let anyone in the world know...

Hmmm...I am guessing a lie detector would be incredibly useful for ALL the interviews...make sure people do not just make shit up to be dark and exciting.

A Minor Threat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 04:25AM by postpoppunk.

Date: November 28, 2011 04:38AM

To be continued....Peace

A Minor Threat

Posted by: Movie Mogul ()
Date: November 28, 2011 08:23AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> I've never made a movie before... but here's how I
> would approach this... Feel free to modify this to
> make it more logical...
>
> **Compile a list of willing participants...
>
> **Come up with a base of innovative interview
> questions.... Maybe even create some poster
> specific questions...
>
> **find interviewer..
>
> **Do the interviews... Might have to interview the
> same people more than once...
>
> **After listening to all the interviews over and
> over, sketch out an idea for a plot/ direction you
> want to go with this... This can feature actors
> and still be a "true story"... but it doesn't even
> need to be a true story..
>
> **get a crew..
>
> **go to work...
>
> AM I missing something?

Two very important steps, in fact.

•Make a budget.
•Raise the money for the project.

Irrespective of anything else, it's going to be finding the money for this project that will make or break it.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 28, 2011 08:29AM

you lost me at 'FFXU could be the setting of some psychological thriller.'

And most suburbanites aren't worth a movie, that's why there aren't many movies set in suburbia.

Posted by: Tommy G ()
Date: November 28, 2011 08:56AM

This is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard of. Not just one of the stupidest movie ideas I have ever heard of but one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard of period. I cannot imagine the kind of no life retard that would want to see a movie about people posting on a message board let alone the kind of no life retard that would spend his time and money making it. And I thought mrmisery took this board to seriously.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:13AM

In real life, I play a complete asshole.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:26AM

Tommy G Wrote:
> This is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever
> heard of. Not just one of the stupidest movie
> ideas I have ever heard of but one of the
> stupidest ideas I have ever heard of period. I
> cannot imagine the kind of no life retard that
> would want to see a movie about people posting on
> a message board let alone the kind of no life
> retard that would spend his time and money making
> it. And I thought mrmisery took this board to
> seriously.

You know, people said the same thing about Facebook when it first came out.

Look at it now.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American population.

Posted by: Useless ()
Date: November 28, 2011 11:57AM

Tommy G Wrote:
> This is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever
> heard of. Not just one of the stupidest movie
> ideas I have ever heard of but one of the
> stupidest ideas I have ever heard of period. I
> cannot imagine the kind of no life retard that
> would want to see a movie about people posting on
> a message board let alone the kind of no life
> retard that would speYnd his time and money making
> it. And I thought mrmisery took this board to
> seriously.

The funniest part about it is the other losers encouraging this moron.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:39PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 02:02PM by Alias.

Date: November 28, 2011 02:42PM

Alias Wrote:
> Alias' Lover Wrote:
> -----
> > I wish to submit Keira Knightly to play
> "Alias".
>
>
> If this movie idea ever comes to fruition, we'll
> need to juice things up. Graphic sex sells.
>
> I, reluctantly, of course, could engage in a real
> life passionate affair with a fellow poster.
>
> Posts rife with sexual tension and desire,
> flirtatious PM's escalating to cybersex, and
> finally, steamy encounters in hotel rooms along
> the I95 corridor.
>
> Jealousy could rear its ugly head when I
> accidentally call him another poster's name or I
> could go postal when he starts flirting with
> Conie.... and so on.

Whoa...

That's my girl.

Posted by: Rank puss ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:44PM

Have fun wiping the cobwebs off Alias's pussy

Posted by: Alias question ()
Date: November 28, 2011 02:49PM

Alias when was the last time you had a good fuck?

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: November 28, 2011 03:02PM

**find interviewer..

**Do the interviews... Might have to interview the same people more than once...

Attachments:
Chris Hanson.jpg

Date: November 28, 2011 05:49PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 02:02PM by Alias.

Posted by: its misery you dumb bitch ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:08PM

alias, why do you even put up with that disrespectful clown? You are just encouraging him.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:10PM

All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

Or Christina Ricci is ready for my close-up...

Date: November 28, 2011 06:25PM

Hmm...stupidest idea ever? OK - I can roll with that, no problem.

Not much tonight, I have some work to do (Personal design work, not the FFXU movie) and will not be available for interview until a later date.

A quick look into what may be...

Fairfax County, right outside the nation's capitol - wealthy, adjusted, low crime and an IDEAL place to live in the USA...this is where some of the best and brightest have settled to create their lives and families --- it is suburbia at it's finest.

The people that shape children's minds in the education system - lawmakers, lobbyists and political figures reside here - people involved in some of the highest levels of government decisions etc....

Is there a place where they would lose all moral, ethical and reasonable compassion toward other humans? Is there a place where they inhabit alternative personalities? Is there a place where borderline criminal discussion is found from the above people? Where is the place at that these people let go of any moral compass? --- FFXU - in just typed words, but once you attach the people behind the anonymous screen names to an actual human beings and delve into their psyche - willing they will open up to be interviewed about anything and everything that they are asked --- dark secrets, desires, hate, racism, prejudice etc...

We will put real people to their anonymous user names - explore the world of FFXU - rivalries, pure hatred among some - camaraderie among others --- the history of it's creation and how it has grown into a void of hate. sex etc...and also serves as a sensible vehicle for other information.

So many ways to visually include the text - feel - of FFXU while having the actual posters be interviewed - and create stories about real action of FFXU users and some with actors playing out fictional scenarios very very closely related to certain threads....

There is a huge amount of material that is readily available to create a sensational movie...a psychological - dramatic - realistic creation based solely from REAL posters words (typed) and interviewed...the idea is that your average everyday person when separated from reality and with no consequences will degrade and become what really exists inside every one of us...

I can not get the thoughts straight right now - and honestly it will take some time to even create an outline - which I will be doing - that can be presented and picked through by everyone interested in giving an opinion.

I expect the usual name calling and harsh putting down of even considering a project as I am imagining, but so be it...I will stay positive and try to win people over in time...I figure if I can attract the support of enough people that collaboration can happen here - as I think of this as a block of clay, just it's very beginning...I would not expect anyone to see anything else but a hunk of clay right now - I will be trying to shape it into something that we can all recognize and maybe share in shaping together in it's infancy.

I will save the next poster the trouble...

"in it's infancy"?? - you should abort it now

A Minor Threat

Date: November 28, 2011 06:38PM

Alias Wrote:
> Rank puss Wrote:
> -----
> > Have fun wiping the cobwebs off Alias's pussy
>
>
> Alias question Wrote:
> -----
> > Alias when was the last time you had a good
> fuck?
>
>
> The audience will be fascinated by my troll's
> obsession.
>
> While my lover and I are carrying on, his
> obsession grows. His posts reveal his frenzied
> panic as attempts to portray me as a shriveled-up
> old prune fail to dissuade my romantic interest.
>
>
> Thoughts of me in orgasmic ecstasy make him
> frantic, each thought cutting like a newly
> sharpened knife.
>
> He becomes a madman, searching every Hampton Inn
> from Fairfax to Richmond, driven by a voice in his
> deranged mind, telling him to kill and dismember
> my lover.... and, so on.

You know I'd protect you.

Posted by: bullshit ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:50PM

am i the only one who read everything but poopstink or whatever it's name is?

Posted by: The Spook Who Sat by the Door ()
Date: November 28, 2011 07:04PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> Just got a nice plot twist...
>
> The interviewer... a seemingly neutral
> participant... an objective "outsider" is actually
> eesh!... in disguise!!!
>
> and this movie was all a sick twisted plot to ruin
> the lives of one or more posters...

That's excellent!

I mean, this movie will never happen, but I could envision a "mockumentary" about a twisted discussion board - FU itself or FU-like - which gradually, entertainingly explains the FU experience to the viewer. (First twenty-five minutes.) One fact among many, mentioned in passing, is that several FU posters have been busted for possession of child porn.

At the beginning of the film, we completely trust the narrator/filmmaker, just like we trust the narrator in Presumed Innocent. (SPOILER: Presumed Innocent is a murder mystery told in the first person. The narrator, whom we trust, is charged with murder. We think he's innocent, but at the very end we learn that he's actually guilty.)

Then we start to get a few twinges of suspicion, and wonder, what the hell is going on here - as the film begins to dig more deeply into one particular poster's life. (Say, an uttelry guileless Meade-like character, which would allow for some "production value" by having him perform in front of tiny audiences at obscure venues.)

Until at about the halfway mark, we realize that the narrator, and the whole "innocent" documentary film project, is just a set-up to get the poster to reveal his identity, and personal information.

Then we have a half-hour sequence of the person's life being gradually destroyed by the narrator. Finally he's set up with child porn on his computer, and his house is raided by the feds, the door bashed in, etc. The Meade-like poster - basically a likable person - ends up in prison or homeless, looking like one of the fantasy homeless pictures of Mike O'Meara, ill-clothed and dragging his worldly goods in a plastic trashbag.

The black humor entertainment value of the film's second half arises from this increasingly hapless and uncomprehending poster's complete destruction as a member of society. The coup de grace is a short scene where the narrator kindly gives the poster a "care package," and the poster, who has no idea the narrator destroyed his life, is fawningly grateful for a pathetic little bag of cheap, 99-cent-store-type food. Cut to a shot of the poster chowing down in his ragged little shelter-spot under a bridge, huddling a blanket over his shoulders against a cold rain.

And then the final twist is that the narrator is *not* exposed; this is a private film, not meant to be shown to anyone (or so the film presents itself), and the narrator slides easily back into a posture of innocence -- oh, say, like someone who posts a banned picture, deletes it, then says, "What picture? I don't see any picture."

The film ends where it began -- with a new poster posing a question just as the now-destroyed poster did, and the narrator responding with the exact same language as before. *Wink* We realize the cycle is about to repeat itself. The End.

Date: November 28, 2011 08:46PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 02:01PM by Alias.

Date: November 29, 2011 07:38PM

I like it... wish someone would do it...

The Spook Who Sat by the Door Wrote:
> (SPOILER: Presumed
> Innocent is a murder mystery told in the first
> person. The narrator, whom we trust, is charged
> with murder. We think he's innocent, but at the
> very end we learn that he's actually guilty.)

Is that the one with Kevin Spacey?

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: tsws btd ()
Date: November 29, 2011 07:59PM

Methinks it stars Harry Ford, and is on netflix instant. I would suggest reading the
book (a big bestseller and a "good read"), but if you know the ending, I'm not sure
how much pleasure it would give.

New idea:

A "reality" documentary where friskydingo teaches Mr. Misery how to pick up women.

I think that could be fantastic.

Imagine a "Breakfast with Blassie" vibe updated for the eleventeens, and set in Miz's
favorite haunts - Roy Rogers, Popeyes, etc.

Excruciating fun.

Posted by: tsws btd ()
Date: November 29, 2011 08:02PM

Edit:

Excruciating fun for the entire family!*

*I need to sleep on that exclamation point.**

**Figuratively speaking.***

***I.e., *not* a phallic symbol.****

****I'm saying this entirely for eesh's benefit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.