HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Did bin laden deserve a trial?
Posted by: truth b. told ()
Date: May 05, 2011 09:01AM

I think OSL deserved a trial. We have no evidence he did anything and we'll never know. All we have is the 'word' of the US government. He should have been put to trial, like everybody else, even if it is a military trial, and given his fair day in court like anybody else. He isn't magic. Why no trial?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did bin laden deserve a trial?
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 05, 2011 09:03AM

You should be on trial for being a faggot, that is if any judge is stupid enough to rule you competent for a trial.

Eat shit, thanks.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 05, 2011 09:13AM

Boy, you are RETARDED! No trial needed, he openly took credit for everything he did. MotherfuckingMORON.

Date: May 05, 2011 09:22AM

all men are created equal.

He never confessed. If he did, many people aren't aware.

He deserves a trial to defend himself. Without a trial, what happened was murder.

Date: May 05, 2011 09:29AM

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704375604575022481769751908.html

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/international/Bin-Laden-Takes-Credit-for-Christmas-Day-Bomb-Attempt_44925678

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/binladen_10-29-04.html

I could go on and on and on, with numerous different attacks, though I doubt you will read them. Boy, you are RETARDED.

EDIT: "We decided to destroy towers in America," he said. "God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind."

R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 09:30AM by JBass.

Date: May 05, 2011 09:42AM

Innocent until proven guilty

maybe i'm old fashioned though

Date: May 05, 2011 09:47AM

One admits one's role in an event. How much more proof does one need?

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: May 05, 2011 09:48AM

truth - you ask a valid question imo. But I think it would have been a major mess had the US kept him alive. People would have rallied to his cause and every step of the way towards trial would have been suffused with major tension and security issues etc. The official US policy is not to assassinate people - we all know tis a load of bollocks.

While a trial may have been the just thing to do, I agree with the US that shooting him was the right thing to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 09:48AM by Britdrnva~.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 05, 2011 09:51AM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One admits one's role in an event. How much more
> proof does one need?

People confess to things they didn't do for all sorts of reasons. Not saying that's the case here, just pointing that out.

In any case, could he have had a trial? Probably. Should he? Probably. But he's dead now so it's moot.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 05, 2011 10:52AM

truth b. told Wrote:
> All we have
> is the 'word' of the US government. He should have
> been put to trial, like everybody else, even if it
> is a military trial, and given his fair day in
> court like anybody else. He isn't magic. Why no
> trial?

So A) you don't trust the word of thr US government, but B) would be satisfied he got a good day in court after hearing a military tribunal found him guilty. BRILLIANT!!!!

Date: May 05, 2011 11:00AM

He deserved a trial by fire and he got it...gunfire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 05, 2011 11:16AM

Wait a second....
I don't think there's a doubt in anyones mind the Bin Laden did the things he was accused of, but if he were to have surrendered peacefully, I think a trial of some sort would have been warranted.

If for no other reason than to have a better look into the psyche of such a person. We could have subjected him to countless psychiatric evaluations, found out who else was in on it, debunked all the conspiracy theories and learned exactly what happened leading up to 9/11. We've learned a lot about serial killers through trials and now have a much better understanding of why they ended up that way and how best to solve future cases.

I hate the circus that would have surrounded a public trial, but I don't think it needed to be public. It could have been a military tribunal.

I think everyone is entitled to a fair trial, even Hitler. That doesn't mean I think Bin Laden or Hitler was somehow not guilty, it's just that not having the opportunity to have one drags us down to their primitive level.

Date: May 05, 2011 11:43AM

Numbers Wrote:

> I think everyone is entitled to a fair trial, even
> Hitler. That doesn't mean I think Bin Laden or
> Hitler was somehow not guilty, it's just that not
> having the opportunity to have one drags us down
> to their primitive level.

Please do not compare me to the murderous animal, pig-fucking vomit that was UBL. UBL was killed as a combatant in a war that he declared on us. He is not a citizen and is not protected under the laws of our land. He was a military target, plain and simple. It is a very clear, distinct line. It is completely normal to kill an opposing forces military leaders in the course of war.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 05, 2011 11:47AM

JBass Wrote:
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I think everyone is entitled to a fair trial,
> even
> > Hitler. That doesn't mean I think Bin Laden or
> > Hitler was somehow not guilty, it's just that
> not
> > having the opportunity to have one drags us
> down
> > to their primitive level.
>
>
> Please do not compare me to the murderous animal,
> pig-fucking vomit that was UBL.

You're Hitler?

Posted by: Sammy ()
Date: May 05, 2011 12:11PM

truth b. told Wrote:
> I think OSL deserved a trial. We have no evidence
> he did anything and we'll never know. All we have
> is the 'word' of the US government. He should have
> been put to trial, like everybody else, even if it
> is a military trial, and given his fair day in
> court like anybody else. He isn't magic. Why no
> trial?

Of course he deserved a trial, everyone does, Hitler,Stalin,Pol Pot, included.
I mean our system is a system of Law. I guess circumstances have to be considered, no one knows, (but the SEALs) what actually occurred in those final moments, alledgedly resistance resulted in the guy's death, fine, then he got his just cummupance. I think the SEALs did the right thing under the circumstance, those guys don't panic in such situations like some rookie cop, I'd rather have one dead Osama then 5 dead SEALs and an alive Osama.

Date: May 05, 2011 12:12PM

JBass Wrote:

> Please do not compare me to the murderous animal,
> pig-fucking vomit that was UBL. UBL was killed as
> a combatant in a war that he declared on us. He
> is not a citizen and is not protected under the
> laws of our land. He was a military target, plain
> and simple. It is a very clear, distinct line.
> It is completely normal to kill an opposing forces
> military leaders in the course of war.

My hypothetical argument was based on UBL surrendering peacefully and therefore he would become a POW (in your ideology). Pows are not executed without some sort of military tribunal or trial.
If you were to kill UBL while in custody as a POW than you would be a murderous animal and no different from the pig-fucking vomit that we're fighting against.

Your rational is the same as the Japanese and Germans in WWII or the confederates at Andersonville.

Posted by: Numbers=Michael Moore ()
Date: May 05, 2011 12:24PM

Osama bin Laden wasn't killed by a Navy SEAL team, he was straight up executed, Michael Moore told TheWrap on Wednesday.

The Oscar-winning director has been tweeting about his belief that Bin Laden should have received a trial, and his theory that Pakistan was keeping the Al Qaeda head under house arrest. TheWrap grilled Moore about his controversial views.

TheWrap: Is Obama lying about how Bin Laden died?

Michael Moore: Common sense tells you he was executed. That was the plan all along. Just tell us that and quit treating us like children.

I have a lot of faith in Obama, but we've received three different stories in three days. We heard, "There was a firefight." "He used a woman as a shield." Now it turns out none of these things were true. He wasn't armed.

Does it matter if he was executed? Do you think he deserved a trial?

Look at the Nuremberg Trials. We didn't just pop a bullet in the heads of the worst scum in history. We thought it was important to put them on trial and expose their evil. In a democracy we believe in a system of justice and we believe in a judicial system that gives people a day in court ... and then we hung them.

It doesn't mean we can't hang them afterward.

Do you buy the story about Osama's burial at sea?

That's bulls--- [that] "He was buried at sea according to Muslim tradition." I've got many Muslim friends where I live in Michigan. When I go to a Muslim funeral in Detroit, we don't hop in a chopper after the ceremony and drop the body into Lake Erie.

We're so worried about upsetting the Muslim world. We just shot him in the f---ing head, do you think they care how we conduct the funeral?

Posted by: Your Boy ()
Date: May 05, 2011 12:45PM

No.

Posted by: ok? ()
Date: May 05, 2011 12:48PM

Your Boy Wrote:
> No.

kill yourself

Posted by: quintin e ()
Date: May 05, 2011 12:52PM

Michael Moore and others worry to much about hurting the Muslims Alot of victims of 9/11 were so flattened that their remains were never found, they did not get much of a funeral. This scum got a funeral for what good it will do since he is in a Muslim hell. When these Islamist executed Pearl and others with the dull sword and taped the procedure, they never worried about who they were hurting in the broadcasting this to the world. Fuck Moore, his agenda is to get as wealthy as possible appealing to people's sensitivity and fears, the oldest con in the world.

Date: May 05, 2011 01:29PM

I am waiting for DevGru to take out Michael Moore.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Date: May 05, 2011 01:42PM

Regarding the Muslim burial for Bin Laden, it was a case of the U.S. government taking the high ground. I guess we could have thrown his corpse on the deck and had service members shit on his remains before tossing them out with the garbage. But this gives Islamic radicals one less thing to try to use against the U.S.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: May 05, 2011 01:58PM

Numbers Wrote:
> JBass Wrote:
> -----
>
> > Please do not compare me to the murderous
> animal,
> > pig-fucking vomit that was UBL. UBL was killed
> as
> > a combatant in a war that he declared on us.
> He
> > is not a citizen and is not protected under the
> > laws of our land. He was a military target,
> plain
> > and simple. It is a very clear, distinct line.
>
> > It is completely normal to kill an opposing
> forces
> > military leaders in the course of war.
>
>
> My hypothetical argument was based on UBL
> surrendering peacefully and therefore he would
> become a POW (in your ideology). Pows are not
> executed without some sort of military tribunal or
> trial.
> If you were to kill UBL while in custody as a POW
> than you would be a murderous animal and no
> different from the pig-fucking vomit that we're
> fighting against.
>
> Your rational is the same as the Japanese and
> Germans in WWII or the confederates at
> Andersonville.

Surrender peacefully? We have been hunting him for a decade. He did nothing to show that he wished for a trial. He reportedly told his own men to never allow the Americans to take him alive. C'mon, he was a military target and it was a kill mission. What else is there to explain. UBL takes full credit for everything he has done, he is proud of it.

All of these peace-centric ideologies are just comical. If we took him alive, you would tell me haw he want competent to stand trial.

Grow up, remove your heads from your asses and thank the military complex that allows your microscopic world view to morph into poorly thought out internet threads.

A military combatant killed in battle. Simple as pie. No execution, assassination or murder, It was homicide by military action. Get a clue.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:29PM

Numbers Wrote:
>
> My hypothetical argument was based on UBL
> surrendering peacefully and therefore he would
> become a POW (in your ideology). Pows are not
> executed without some sort of military tribunal or
> trial.
> If you were to kill UBL while in custody as a POW
> than you would be a murderous animal and no
> different from the pig-fucking vomit that we're
> fighting against.
>
> Your rational is the same as the Japanese and
> Germans in WWII or the confederates at
> Andersonville.

Yeah, yeah...or like...um....Daniel Pearl. I'm positive he got a fair trial before they hacked his head off.

Posted by: Your Boy ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:43PM

ok? Wrote:
>
> kill yourself

No.

Date: May 05, 2011 06:02PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> I guess we could have thrown his corpse on
> the deck and had service members shit on his
> remains before tossing them out with the garbage.

How do you know they didn't? Where is your evidence?

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: I doubt ()
Date: May 05, 2011 06:07PM

justsayin Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
> > I guess we could have thrown his corpse on
> > the deck and had service members shit on his
> > remains before tossing them out with the
> garbage.
>
>
> How do you know they didn't? Where is your
> evidence?

What kind of fool is going to carefully wash his corpse? I'd refuse that order, or just stuff him in a garbage bag and say "Job complete, Sir". I could see keeping him on deck and hitting him with a fire hose maybe.

Date: May 05, 2011 07:04PM

JBass Wrote:
> Grow up, remove your heads from your asses and
> thank the military complex that allows your
> microscopic world view to morph into poorly
> thought out internet threads.

Spoken just like a member of the Islamic community who wants Americans out of the Arabian Peninsula. So far the comparisons of your words to OBL's and his disciples haven't been THAT far off, only from different sides of the fence, just sayin'.

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Date: May 05, 2011 11:03PM

JBass Wrote:

> Surrender peacefully? We have been hunting him for
> a decade. He did nothing to show that he wished
> for a trial. He reportedly told his own men to
> never allow the Americans to take him alive.
> C'mon, he was a military target and it was a kill
> mission. What else is there to explain. UBL
> takes full credit for everything he has done, he
> is proud of it.

I should have guessed you wouldn't know what hypothetical means, so let me explain it to you. It means something that exists as an idea or a concept. In other words, an alternative to what actually happened.

Now that I've explained that to you, answer this question. If Bin Laden had surrendered to American forces a week before the Seals shot him, do you think they should have executed him without a trial or tribunal?

> All of these peace-centric ideologies are just
> comical. If we took him alive, you would tell me
> haw he want competent to stand trial.

Just like you're too incompetent to form a rational opinion or thought about this subject. Given your rush to judgement on this issue, it's a safe bet you do this with all of them.

> Grow up, remove your heads from your asses and
> thank the military complex that allows your
> microscopic world view to morph into poorly
> thought out internet threads.

"Thank you, Oh great military complex for giving us the ability to poorly think out this thread....and for creating poorly thought out dipshits like Jbass.. Amen"

> A military combatant killed in battle. Simple as
> pie. No execution, assassination or murder, It was
> homicide by military action. Get a clue.

Got it, thanks!

Date: May 05, 2011 11:05PM

SoylentGreen Wrote:

> Yeah, yeah...or like...um....Daniel Pearl. I'm
> positive he got a fair trial before they hacked
> his head off.

That's my point, asshole.
Why would you want to drag yourself (and our country) to that level? Aren't we better than that?

Date: May 06, 2011 09:27AM

Numbers Wrote:
> JBass Wrote:
> -----
>
> > Surrender peacefully? We have been hunting him
> for
> > a decade. He did nothing to show that he
> wished
> > for a trial. He reportedly told his own men to
> > never allow the Americans to take him alive.
> > C'mon, he was a military target and it was a
> kill
> > mission. What else is there to explain. UBL
> > takes full credit for everything he has done,
> he
> > is proud of it.
>
>
> I should have guessed you wouldn't know what
> hypothetical means, so let me explain it to you.
> It means something that exists as an idea or a
> concept. In other words, an alternative to what
> actually happened.
>
> Now that I've explained that to you, answer this
> question. If Bin Laden had surrendered to American
> forces a week before the Seals shot him, do you
> think they should have executed him without a
> trial or tribunal?
>
>
Your statement "it's just that not
> having the opportunity to have one drags us down
> to their primitive level. " was not hypothetical. You bootstrapped a hypothetical situation IE "but if he were to have surrendered peacefully, I think a trial of some sort would have been warranted" as your segue to your main objective; to compare us to them, on their level, because we did not have a trial. I dont buy into your smoke and mirrors show. Say what you mean and man up about it.

IF he had surrendered to the world community prior to the initiation of this operation, of course a trial/tribunal would be in order.

> > All of these peace-centric ideologies are just
> > comical. If we took him alive, you would tell
> me
> > haw he want competent to stand trial.
>
> Just like you're too incompetent to form a
> rational opinion or thought about this subject.
> Given your rush to judgement on this issue, it's a
> safe bet you do this with all of them.
>
>

Just because you dislike my views, it doesnt make them irrational. Please cite what you believe to be irrational. Please support your statement.

> > Grow up, remove your heads from your asses and
> > thank the military complex that allows your
> > microscopic world view to morph into poorly
> > thought out internet threads.
>
> "Thank you, Oh great military complex for giving
> us the ability to poorly think out this
> thread....and for creating poorly thought out
> dipshits like Jbass.. Amen"
>

Personal attacks dont change the fact that you grew up in and still live in a bubble. You poorly thought out the statement in which you compared Americans to UBL and Hitler because we killed UBL. Dont hide your disdain, cont confuse the issue. You dont comprehend the reality of military action but choose to compare us to "them" anyhow.
>
> > A military combatant killed in battle. Simple
> as
> > pie. No execution, assassination or murder, It
> was
> > homicide by military action. Get a clue.
>
>
> Got it, thanks!

I dnot think you "got" anything but a very limited perception on reality.

Date: May 06, 2011 09:29AM

justsayin Wrote:
> JBass Wrote:
> -----
> > Grow up, remove your heads from your asses and
> > thank the military complex that allows your
> > microscopic world view to morph into poorly
> > thought out internet threads.
>
> Spoken just like a member of the Islamic community
> who wants Americans out of the Arabian Peninsula.
> So far the comparisons of your words to OBL's and
> his disciples haven't been THAT far off, only from
> different sides of the fence, just sayin'.

Boy, you are RETARDED R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D

Date: May 06, 2011 09:50AM

JBass Wrote:
> If we took him alive, you would tell me
> haw he want competent to stand trial.

As opposed to this genius statement you made.

> We have been hunting him for a decade.

Oh did you? Where did you look for him?

> He reportedly told his own men to never allow
> the Americans to take him alive.

Oh so now you are calling him a "freedom fighter"? Disgraceful.

Posted by: Adolf ()
Date: May 06, 2011 09:51AM

He got a trial. Judge named seal Team 6. They found him guilty and convicted him!

Posted by: JFC ()
Date: May 06, 2011 09:52AM

He got what he deserved.

Date: May 06, 2011 10:02AM

justsayin Wrote:
> JBass Wrote:
> -----
> > If we took him alive, you would tell me
> > haw he want competent to stand trial.
>
> As opposed to this genius statement you made.
>
> > We have been hunting him for a decade.
>
> Oh did you? Where did you look for him?
>
>
> > He reportedly told his own men to never allow
> > the Americans to take him alive.
>
> Oh so now you are calling him a "freedom fighter"?
> Disgraceful.

C'mon, man. I know you can do better than that. whats disgraceful is you complete lack of originality and your awful zings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 12:35PM by JBass.

Posted by: Prater ()
Date: May 06, 2011 12:14PM

Sometimes the situation calls for a paraphrase by John Wayne in the movie "Green Berets", "The only justice here, is a bullet".

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:59AM

Could he have even had a fair trial?

Would he have been tried before a jury of his peers?

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Osama is Fish Food ()
Date: May 07, 2011 06:30AM

He did get a trial...A Trial by Fire!
Attachments:
osama-dead.jpg

Posted by: lur king ()
Date: May 07, 2011 09:58PM

Nope.

Posted by: mooreshead ()
Date: May 10, 2011 05:17AM

Osama is Fish Food Wrote:
> He did get a trial...A Trial by Fire!

I am thinking that bin laden recieved the treatment he had comming. Many in the Muslim community feel that this action shows that the US government is now the terrorist orginization.
Remember that 99 percent of Muslims are totaly non violent. you could compare bin laden as a muslim to the leader of the Klu klux klan amongst chritians.
I think it is sad that americans have allowed bin laden to force them to give up some of their freedom and rights. I love this country but I worry about its future.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:23PM

Seriously - where do you think we would have gotten a "Jury of his peers" that hadn't been living under a rock during the last 11 years and could have judged him fairly? There was no chance of a fair trial for this guy - especially on American soil. There would have been an uprising of radical Muslims somewhere along the way to attempt to get him out of prison, or in blocking a trial site, etc. It would have been ridiculous to say the least. Military tribunal would have found him guilty and ordered execution in any case, so what Obama did was make an Executive Decision and act as Judge and Jury. He has that prerogative strangely enough, in particular in the use of military and national security functions and personnel. Reagan may have had an Executive Order saying it was illegal to assassinate heads of State - which Osama would have not fallen under even if it were enforceable past a current President rescinding the order with their own.

Fuck that - dead is dead. Better if it had been a bomb because then they could have claimed impartiality. Unfortunately if there is a video, one of these days we might all get to see it - although you would hope that if there was one Obama ordered it destroyed. I give Obama kudos for "getting him on his watch" - but the jury is still out on the methods he continued to employ from his predecessor, and his collective brain fart on all the other things he has made a 180 on since his campaign days. The next election will decide their relevance.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 04:24PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Kronet ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:36PM

He got what he deserved, a double tap out. Only Mikey Moore sees a travesty of justice in that.

Date: May 10, 2011 04:46PM

Kronet Wrote:
> He got what he deserved, a double tap out. Only
> Mikey Moore sees a travesty of justice in that.

The only thing that fat boy sees is his next "million dollar movie"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.