HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Girl Scout Cookies: Best, Worst, Most Over-rated
Date: February 05, 2011 12:28PM

Best - Tagalongs
Worst - Trefoil
Most Over-rated - Thin Mints (okay, but not as good as people make them out to be)

girl-scout-cookies.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 12:29PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Girl Scout Cookies: Best, Worst, Most Over-rated
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:32PM

I like the fries.

Posted by: McFLY2 ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:33PM

I got kicked out of the boy scouts for eating too many brownies.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:35PM

lulz

Posted by: lOOPY ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:36PM

The Best ,in my humble opinion, are the Lemon cookies, in fact thats about the only ones I buy. I used to buy the Maccadamean cookies but am more cautious about teeth in my old age.

Posted by: Conie ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:40PM

Samoas are great!

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:55PM

Girl Scout cookies during the 80s were the best (sandwich cookies). Today selection seem change year to year, but I'm still buyer for at least 10 boxes a year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: hubert ()
Date: February 05, 2011 01:55PM

I remember about 30 years ago, my doorbell rang. I rose from my lounge chair to see who it was. Upon opening the door I was surprized to see a girl (about 18) in a uniform similar to Girl Scout but different more like a Rangers, she asked me if I would like to buy some cookies. I explained to her that I was diabetic and had to watch my sugar content. Upon hearing that she popped upon her blouse revealling two of the finest delicate cupcake like breast I have ever seen.She then asked me what about these cookies and if I was interested. I told her sorry but my wife was there and she went on her way. A true story.

Posted by: Here: ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:02PM

I'm a huge PB/Choc fan, favorite candy is Reeses.

With that said..

Best: Tagalongs
Honorable Mention: Thin Mints
Worst - Those shitty lemon low fat diet shits
Overrated - Definitely would go with Samoas. They're good, but they're not THAT good. I'd still eat a box of em in a sitting if I have $10 just sitting around or whatever they cost nowadays.

Date: February 05, 2011 02:07PM

I like the Samoas, but, yeah, people make them out to be better than they are, too. Though I do like them more than Thin Mints.

One thing that bugs me about Tagalongs though is that their spelling is close to Tagalog, the Filipino native language. For some reason this makes them seem more exotic than they are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 02:09PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:26PM

I think the idea of girls standing on corners in short skirts, offering their wares to strange men is good training.

Posted by: samson ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:31PM

hubert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember about 30 years ago, my doorbell rang. I
> rose from my lounge chair to see who it was. Upon
> opening the door I was surprized to see a girl
> (about 18) in a uniform similar to Girl Scout but
> different more like a Rangers, she asked me if I
> would like to buy some cookies. I explained to
> her that I was diabetic and had to watch my sugar
> content. Upon hearing that she popped upon her
> blouse revealling two of the finest delicate
> cupcake like breast I have ever seen.She then
> asked me what about these cookies and if I was
> interested. I told her sorry but my wife was
> there and she went on her way. A true story.

I remember that day hubert, for I was your neighbor across the street back then. I use to watch your wife all the time from my bedroom window; I'd masturbate as she walked in with an armload of groceries or putted around the yard planting flowers and shit. Oh yes, I remember that day very well. I could not believe when you didn't invite that girl in. What the fuck were you thinking? I managed to rub out 3-1/2 loads that night. Pretending that your wife was eating that pussy while I slammed your wife in her furry snatch, She had a hairy one back then, didn't she? I used to dream about teasing the hairs around her pussy with my tongue, tasting her juices, probing that forbidden asshole. Damn hubert, I'm getting a woody thinking about it. How's the wife doing now anyway?

When you two moved away and that family of spooks moved in, I was devastated. Fat, so black they were blue and loud, jesus they were fucking loud, always yelling and screaming at each other. The yard went to shit, that yard where your wife spent so much time planting flowers, so much time on her hands and knees, fuck I wish I had enough money back then for a Kodachrome or something. Camera are so cheap these days, but back then, bringing home a 100.00 dollars a week didn't leave much room for nothing else.
You know hubert, you've made me want to go jerk off. I'm going to think about your wife, that girl and me, pussy eating, fucking, and I'm going to think about putting it in your wife's ass before I, hopefully, have enough juice in the tank to show. When you get old...Hell hubert, you know what the Hell I mean. I just hope I don't have another heart attack like the last time. That was embarrassing when my landlady came in for the rent and found me with a Swank or Gallery or something like that, something with boobies and pussies in it, curled up around the toilet, out of breath, face all red, wheezing, clutching my dick in my hand, pants down by my ankles. You know what was really terrible about that day hubert? I crapped myself. Runny as Hell, from that thyroid medication I was taking then. I don't take it anymore, I said the Hell with it.

Anyway hubert, it's good to see that you are Alive and if you have any pictures of that wife of yours, ones from back then, not now, she probably looks like a dried up prune, liver spotted, just wrinkly, think you can send a couple to me? For old times sake?
Thanks Samson

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:57PM

Best: ALL OF THEM!!!

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:58PM

The only ones I will eat are the Trefoils and Thin Mints.
Once, I accidentally bit into a Samoa. Oh my God, how disgusting.
I ran to the sink and went through my dramatic ritual of spitting out every little speck and gargling to be sure no molecules remained.
Coconut and I do not get along unless it's in a Pina Colada.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:50PM

Alias Wrote:

> I ran to the sink and went through my dramatic
> ritual of spitting out every little speck and
> gargling to be sure no molecules remained.

LOL Alias spits.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:58PM

Thin Mints are the only ones I will spend money on.

Back in Philly the Girl Scouts don't fuck around:

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:22PM

eesh Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I ran to the sink and went through my dramatic
> > ritual of spitting out every little speck and
> > gargling to be sure no molecules remained.
>
>
>
> LOL Alias spits.

yeah, buy i spit like a girl, eesh.

very dainty little spits.

Date: February 05, 2011 04:41PM

I really, really miss the lemon cookies with the lemon/sugar powder. They were AWESOME. Sadly, they are gone and replaced by some lemon sandwich cookie with tastes like Windex.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:22PM

Best: Thin Mint
Most Overrated: Somoa (good but a bit too much)
Worst: Do Si Dos or Trefoils (not bad, but a bit boring)

Pinhead - I also miss those lemon cookies. They would probably be my favorite if they were still around.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 05, 2011 07:38PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> Best: Thin Mint
> Most Overrated: Somoa (good but a bit too much)
> Worst: Do Si Dos or Trefoils (not bad, but a bit
> boring)

I agree 100% to all of these. Although if you've had the "Thank you Berry Much" cookies you'd put them in the worst category, but they're not as easy to find.

Posted by: SHE's allowed to... ()
Date: February 05, 2011 08:00PM

eesh Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I ran to the sink and went through my dramatic
> > ritual of spitting out every little speck and
> > gargling to be sure no molecules remained.
>
>
>
> LOL Alias spits.

...and you swallow, SFW, eesh??????

Date: February 05, 2011 09:07PM

GIRL SCOUTS = WHITE POWER !

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: February 06, 2011 01:16AM

samoans but don't taste as good as they use too watch it

anybody know a girl scout cookie selling locations? haven't seen any yet, usually outside a grocery or drug store but have seen nada this year

Date: February 06, 2011 07:28AM

wally pip Wrote:
> samoans but don't taste as good as they use too
> watch it
>
> anybody know a girl scout cookie selling
> locations? haven't seen any yet, usually outside a
> grocery or drug store but have seen nada this year

The cookies haven't been received by the individual troops yet. When that happens, they'll be out in force. Typically by mid to late February is when they come in (I've volunteered my truck to help pick the cookies up from the distribution locations for the previous 2 years). Some troops have an "early order" program that if you ordered by a specific date in January, you'd get them earlier. So it's possible that troops may order extra cookies to sell outside earlier.

Date: February 06, 2011 08:44AM

There was a CNN article yesterday regarding how GS is slowly pulling the plug on two varieties - the Dulce de Leche and the one with the raspberries in them.

I have tried both and neither is very good. I wish, wish, wish they would bring back the lemon powdered ones.

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:04PM

You will be happy to know they did bring back the lemon cookies. I ordered a box the other day.

My favorites were somoas but I agree not as good these days . They must have changed the recipe.

Posted by: Conie ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:36PM

sumguy Wrote:
> You will be happy to know they did bring back the
> lemon cookies. I ordered a box the other day.
>
> My favorites were somoas but I agree not as good
> these days . They must have changed the recipe.

oh shit...now ya tell me.

Date: February 11, 2011 05:10PM

Really, lemon cookies with powder or lemon filling?

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: February 12, 2011 09:53AM

I think they where called lemonades which are powdered. I'm not sure it was really cold so I just pointed at a couple of choices.

Posted by: John Quill ()
Date: December 06, 2011 05:59AM

Dear Girl Scouts, Trust me when I say that I have thirty-seven years of marketing experience under my ever-burgeoning belt. And you get to benefit from my clever genious free-of-charge! How good is THAT?! Here is my idea: You don't call them "Thin Mints" anymore. Let me explain: After recently shopping with my eleven (mostly T'ween) nieces all day long, standing sentinal alongside a bevy of Size-Zero clothing racks, it finally dawned on me. You need to apply a more appropriate moniker for these tiny yet tasty, wonderful and delectable little mouth-morsels, a name that more accurately "captures" them for what they really are. And so here it is, after thinking about it carefully for many months upon months, I think I've got it: Let's call them "Anorexic Mints." I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "But that adjective is four freaking syllables long!" And so therefore it hardly rolls off the tongue (pun intended) now does it? Point taken. But that's NOT the point! Look at Smuckers, for instance. Do the Smuckers Corporation call their deliciously-fine Green Apple Jam Spread "Mint Jelly"? Well, actually they do, bad example perhaps. But wait, they don't call it "Thin Mint Jelly" Aha! "Thin" simply carries with it too many negative connotations these days. And in a world in which Abercrombie & Fitch (look at that behemoth of a name!) is hocking push-up bras to seven-year-old girls, well, I think you'll agree that we cannot be too careful when it comes to branding products for our next generation of precious kids. I look forward to seeing the newly-branded mint cookies. Put me down for ten ... No, make that six boxes. I'm trying to watch the old Calories! (lotz of lulz there, eh?!) Most sincerely, - john quill -

Date: December 06, 2011 08:29AM

Keebler makes two cookies that taste exactly like GS cookies. There's a mint one (Thin Mint type) and a coconut one (Samoa).

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 06, 2011 09:12AM

GS cookies aren't as good as they used to be. I think they changed the recipe to reduce/remove trans fats or something a number of years ago. They're all pretty average now. The cookies I make taste a whole lot better and if I'm going to be eating the calories, then the food better be worth it. I buy a box or two if some kid asks, but I usually give them to someone else now.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.