HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
evolution
Posted by: joe1222 ()
Date: June 07, 2007 03:22PM

Hi, do any of you believe in evolution?

Could you say why or why not you do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: evolution
Posted by: § ()
Date: June 07, 2007 05:24PM

Yes. I think people with hairy backs are actually 5th generation monkeys. -§

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 08, 2007 12:32AM

Who gives a flying monkey fuck, god schmod, evolution schmevolution. Fuck all that shit and relax with a nice doob, you controversy whore.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 08, 2007 06:15PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who gives a flying monkey fuck, god schmod,
> evolution schmevolution. Fuck all that shit and
> relax with a nice doob, you controversy whore.

God rly?
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 08, 2007 06:39PM

yes i believe in evolution. i also believe that the hard work, education, and research done by generations of the worlds top scientists has infinitely greater credibility than do ancient scripts or fraudulent religious leaders. these intollerant phonies are the scum of the world. falwell = bin laden as far as i'm concerned.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:33PM

Yeah, scientists gave us nukes and now Iran and North Korea have them... thanks.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 08, 2007 11:46PM

Hi, do any of you believe in evolution? Could you say why or why not you do?

It's a choice between science and judeao-christian mythology. Or more simply: physics vs. witchcraft.

Date: June 09, 2007 12:49AM

pgens Wrote:
> Yeah, scientists gave us nukes and now Iran and
> North Korea have them... thanks.

o rry

oh... and iran doesnt have them... yet.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 09, 2007 05:15AM

I don't see why people can't have it both ways.

I believe life was in fact started by some kind of overwhelming force - a force we cannot understand as being intelligent or unintelligent. We can't even determine if this force happened by accident or because of its own will, foresite, and intelligence. Is this force God? One applies that word, and suddenly they are assumed to be gleaning all information from the bible or other scripture.

I also believe that once life started, a process also began to allow that life to survive in the chaotic and highly dynamic environs of earth. That process is evolution. But invoking the word evolution these days must mean that you are without religion, a godless wanderer.

So can I have it all... created by a higher force, evolving due to outside forces. I think I can, if I choose to avoid the words "god" and "evolution". We as people have always tried to make all issues black or white. But creating something and then it becoming better by some means is not black and white, especially given the level of complexity of life.

My problem with the religious crowd is the fervent belief that humans must have been created in this form and did not evolve from anything. Heads. In. Asses.

Date: June 09, 2007 07:19AM

RESton Peace,
   stop being logical, dammit! this is a "God versus Science" yelling match!

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: June 09, 2007 03:51PM

Evolution is a lie from Satan. Its the ultimate lie.

Date: June 09, 2007 04:05PM

>"Robert" (aka Meade Skeleton) Wrote:
> Evolution is a lie from Satan. Its the ultimate
> lie.

jesusorly2su.gif

Date: June 09, 2007 05:05PM

Good one, production-wise.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: June 10, 2007 01:40AM

Robert Wrote:
> Evolution is a lie from Satan. Its the ultimate
> lie.

No, your refusal to admit that you are Meade Skelton is the ultimate lie. That is, it would be the ultimate lie if it weren't so freakin' obvious.

You want to talk religion? How many of the 7 deadly sins do you commit on a daily basis? Gluttony, Pride, Sloth... too bad there isn't one for stupidity.

Date: June 10, 2007 02:00PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> too bad there isn't one for stupidity.

it's so true.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:24PM

Damn this cracked me up... Mr Garrison explains evolution. http://www.jibjab.com/view/88245#

Yes, Darwin was right.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:51PM

Meeper, that is the best one yet..

I laughed so hard, my co-workers asked me if I was ok..

Date: June 14, 2007 08:11PM

I think Crystal Bernard said it best:

Im not kin to the monkey, no, no, no
The monkey's no kin to me , yeah, yeah, yeah
I don't know much about his ancestors
but mine didn't swing from a tree

Date: June 14, 2007 09:36PM

> I think Crystal Bernard said it best:

I never even heard of Crystal Bernard.

Date: June 14, 2007 11:47PM

Cystal Bernard is an Actress. She appeared on the hit tv series Wings.

Date: June 15, 2007 11:42AM

Anyone that believes in science will burn in hell. The bible is a flawless and 100% accurate telling of human history.

Date: June 15, 2007 01:55PM

I was just in the giant redwood forest....and I saw some of those trees that are close to 3,000 years old.. and the bible says something like ~5,000 years ago we came to be as a planet and human race in 7 days no less..lol..

WTF , can not compute..can not compute.

Now darn it.. that dont make a lick of sense..

Date: June 15, 2007 03:25PM

Attachments:
crystalbernard.jpg

Date: June 15, 2007 05:39PM

I just luv that bird...he just keeps poping up everywhere..

lol..

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: June 19, 2007 01:38PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I don't see why people can't have it both ways.
>
>
> I also believe that once life started, a process
> also began to allow that life to survive in the
> chaotic and highly dynamic environs of earth.
> That process is evolution.
>>
>

If you believe in evolution - why do we still have monkeys?

In any event, I found your entire post enlightening....almost poetic. Finally, an intelligent and thoughtful post in this forum - thank you!

Date: June 19, 2007 02:42PM

To believe in evolution, you must go against the scientific prinicple of cause and effect. I don't believe in evolution. Its a totally antiquated theory.
Darwin was a fraud.

Date: June 19, 2007 03:12PM

Robert Wrote:
> To believe in evolution, you must go against the
> scientific prinicple of cause and effect. I don't
> believe in evolution. Its a totally antiquated
> theory.
> Darwin was a fraud.

Robert - please explain your post. Evolution IS the scientific principle of cause and effect....

Here is the entire article:

http://casonline.org/focalpoint/0700.html

The conclusion by the author:

If mainstream science would be truthful with all the evidence that is around everyone and reinterpret the evidence by using the principle of cause and effect, the only logical explanation for the world as we see it, is the world is made the way it is, by design. Which logically would necessitate a Designer or Creator and with all things being equal this would be the simplest explanation, which is correct!

Therefore - if there is indeed a Designer or Creator for the world as we know it, then maybe - just maybe this omnipotent being created Man too. Again I ask, if evolution exists - why are there still monkeys?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 03:43PM by Tia2.

Date: June 19, 2007 05:28PM

if evolution exists - why are there still monkeys?

Ummm, because humans didn't evolve from the species of monkeys that still exist today. That's a completely ill-conceived question, even hardcore Creationist-types wouldn't consider that a valid argument.

If Americans descended from Europeans, why are there still Europeans?

Date: June 19, 2007 06:18PM

Evolution uses the premise of the Big Bang Theory. That goes against cause and effect .

They just want to rule out God period.

Evolution is an old theory.

There should be alternatives to this antiquated notion.

Date: June 19, 2007 06:31PM

Evolution uses the premise of the Big Bang Theory. That goes against cause and effect .

I love the way you state that it's based on a premise that did not exist when the theory itself was first proposed, and then have the foolish notion to enter "cause and effect" into whatever it is you're trying to prove.

I don't think there's even a term for that sort of fallacious logic, other than "completely misunderstood" or "entirely wrong".

Date: June 19, 2007 08:19PM

Evolution is so overly simplistic , its just not satisfactory enough for me. Sorry.

I think that we need to move on from antiquated science and find other theories .

Date: June 19, 2007 09:17PM

I'm willing to defend against reasonable questions that show an educated understanding of my belief. Tia, I don't see your answer as intentionally lacking an educated argument, but the question you asked would indicate that fact. You are atempting to make evolution vs creation a black-and-white thing.

The other loser who is just posting idiocy isn't ever taken seriously , anyway. "Based on the theory of the big bang"... no wonder this loser can't keep a job.

Date: June 20, 2007 02:11AM

RESton Peace,
   well said.

Date: June 20, 2007 08:45AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I'm willing to defend against reasonable questions
> that show an educated understanding of my belief.
> Tia, I don't see your answer as intentionally
> lacking an educated argument, but the question you
> asked would indicate that fact. You are atempting
> to make evolution vs creation a black-and-white
> thing.
>
> The other loser who is just posting idiocy isn't
> ever taken seriously , anyway. "Based on the
> theory of the big bang"... no wonder this loser
> can't keep a job.

Sorry everyone. The question regarding monkeys was not supposed to be taken seriously. I actually got that question from the Comedy channel...

Discussing whether or not you believe in evolution can create a very passionate thread, and I was just trying to lighten things up.

Date: June 20, 2007 02:45PM

Robert Wrote:
> Evolution uses the premise of the Big Bang Theory.
> That goes against cause and effect .
>
> They just want to rule out God period.
>
> Evolution is an old theory.
>
> There should be alternatives to this antiquated
> notion.

There are alternatives. Those that don't want their children subjected to these satanic teachings may home-school them. Then when they grow up and know the scripture word for word, they can mow lawns for a living and home-school their children. They will effectively subject their family line to generations of stupidity, superstition, and poverty.

Date: June 20, 2007 09:14PM

Those that don't want their children subjected to these satanic teachings may home-school them.

Check out the documentary "Jesus Camp" if you want an amusing, yet somewhat unsettling, glimpse at the way these conservative homeschooler people live. There's a scene where the 'teacher' instructs little grade-school kids about how evolution is the liberal media's way of promoting the devil. Before that, they all stand and pledge allegiance to the bible, and give praise to president Bush. It's a worthwhile flick. It's both funny and scary to see how fucking crazed alot of people are in this country. God bless us all, babe.

Date: June 21, 2007 10:08AM

Jesus Camp is not a documentary, it is a genuine horror movie. I have never been so horrified in all my life than to see a real-life extremist religious group indoctrinating children to be "God's warriors" in this country. It is a fucked up movie that everyone needs to see.

Date: June 21, 2007 11:08AM

That scene right at the beginning of the movie where the little girl is walking up to random people at the bowling alley... trying to convert them.. is one of the most awkward and embarrassing things I've ever seen on film. I immediately had to turnt he movie off when it showed that.

Date: June 21, 2007 02:01PM

Plot summary for
Jesus Camp (2006)
advertisement Jesus Camp follows several young children as they prepare to attend a summer camp where the kids will get their daily dose of evangelical Christianity. Becky Fischer works at the camp, which is named Kids on Fire. Through interviews with Fischer, the children, and others, Jesus Camp illustrates the unswerving belief of the faithful. A housewife and homeschooling mother tells her son that creationism has all the answers. Footage from inside the camp shows young children weeping and wailing as they promise to stop their sinning. Child after child is driven to tears. Juxtapose these scenes with clips from a more moderate Christian radio host (who is appalled by such tactics), and Jesus Camp seems to pose a clear question: are these children being brainwashed?

Posted by: El Mono Rojo ()
Date: June 22, 2007 01:45PM

http://www.elmonorojo.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 04:03PM by El Mono Rojo.

Posted by: What Meade said ()
Date: August 13, 2015 11:39AM

Meade Skelton 3 years ago · LINKED COMMENT in reply to anubis2814

Actually, I have studied evolution more than you would care to know. Its a work of Science Fiction. Half the models they use dont even exist. For example, there is no such thing as "Java Man" or "Peking Man". That is made up. There is no missing link found. Moreover, why cant a dog turn into a cat? Why won't a snake turn into a frog? Evolution unsatisfactory. Mainstream Science is mostly BS.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?lc=ObiZjRw66PV9HFLy29b3N6wbtBH-JMw97kR47zSCI-c&v=xIfr3OQdyJc

Posted by: festival of the inbreds ()
Date: August 13, 2015 12:42PM

The whole problem with the Skelton/Haufe klan is that they are the missing links.....
Attachments:
meade balloon.jpg

Posted by: jL9E9 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 04:17PM

>Actually, I have studied evolution more than you would care to know.

I agree with this.

>Moreover, why cant a dog turn into a cat?
>Why won't a snake turn into a frog?

They are one different branches. They share a common ancestor. And of course, snakes and dogs share a common ancestor.

>Evolution unsatisfactory. Mainstream Science is mostly BS.

Amusing. The whole fact that you can post that on youtube is a tribute to science and models.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.