HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A big dick hocking a useless book on NPR.
Posted by: I am Spunky ()
Date: May 17, 2010 08:08PM

I was listening to NPR a few days ago when this Thomas guy was hocking his latest book. This ego laden non-veteran said that 4k was not a heavy casulty count for Iraq and that men have a primal desire to go to war. His evidence to support his premise was how young boys like playing with guns.

Now I could pick the logic ( no lack of logic ) apart here but prefer to yield to Oz, within here. I must add that this old fart is a Repukeacan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A big dick hocking a useless book on NPR.
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 17, 2010 08:18PM

4,000 is actually the smallest casualty count we've ever had within a comparable war. Every death matters, but you need to put it within context here. In Vietnam people were bitching about 50,000, and in WWII, when no one was bitching, we actually had 500,000 KIA.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: May 17, 2010 08:50PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4,000 is actually the smallest casualty count
> we've ever had within a comparable war. Every
> death matters, but you need to put it within
> context here. In Vietnam people were bitching
> about 50,000, and in WWII, when no one was
> bitching, we actually had 500,000 KIA.

Casualties are not KIA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: May 17, 2010 08:55PM

yeah, as long as it's just brown people dying, who cares?

listen to George:

Date: May 23, 2010 02:51PM

Gee I really thought I was dealing with some fairfax county intellects here ?

This guy Evan Thomas, son of Cal Thomas, writes history books. During this interview he said Hurt locker, the movie was an accurate representation of life for our soldiers. Well the movie is not a documentary and the writers of Hurt Locker have even said so because of the number of soldiers who have complained. Thomas even said he had been there several times to see for himself . What a fraud. Does anybody care?

These are elites and obviously have no clue on reality. It's no wonder we are going to he'll in a handbasket!

It also grinds my teeth when someone who has NO experience with being on the military! Especially when he says 4K isn't a lot of deaths, and that's only counting US deaths. Any US death for the wrong (oil) cause is a horrible mistake. What arrogrance to disrupt the lives of so many and people still do not appreciate the cost daily or at all.

I take issue with the assumption that boys are wired to
kill or fight. Thomas said that all boys play with guns. Well, look what these boys are watching on TV. Our society is a mess when it comes to the over-all family structure, especially with the have-nots. No one seems to care about the stress we all face due to a lot of decisions the haves make. To assume guys want to fight a war is insane. Boys will say alot of things when they are afraid. Our nation has created a war machine which to many make too much money at the expense of war. We have purposely in my mind created conflicts to jump start our economy, it happens so often a pattern has developed, look for yourself. Peace is not profitable now that is truly sad!

This upsets me so much, humanity has sold out to greed. We as a race are suffering, doesn't anyone see?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: May 23, 2010 03:30PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 4,000 is actually the smallest casualty count
> > we've ever had within a comparable war. Every
> > death matters, but you need to put it within
> > context here. In Vietnam people were bitching
> > about 50,000, and in WWII, when no one was
> > bitching, we actually had 500,000 KIA.
>
>
> Casualties are not KIA.

In how to score a war, the points given for a wounding or am maiming are two or three times what you get for a kill. The reason is that wounded person will need to use it precious resources to be kept alive for the next 20, 30 or 50 years.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: May 23, 2010 03:33PM

I am Spunky Wrote:
> I was listening to NPR a few days ago when this
> Thomas guy was hocking his latest book. This ego
> laden non-veteran said that 4k was not a heavy
> casulty count for Iraq and that men have a primal
> desire to go to war. His evidence to support his
> premise was how young boys like playing with guns.
>
>
> Now I could pick the logic ( no lack of logic )
> apart here but prefer to yield to Oz, within here.
> I must add that this old fart is a Repukeacan.

ok you may think he's a dick, but he's actually correct on both counts. As far as casualties go, 4K is pretty low considering the wars we've had. In terms of our lust for war, i 100% agree with him. It is human nature to need an outside group to focus hate on, otherwise we would focus it on ourselves. If you look in nature there is war, gangs of apes tend to kill each other quite regularly.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: May 23, 2010 04:09PM

Considering Iraq is about the size of California and has a population of 31.2 million 4,000 U S casualties seems small. Unless you are one of the casualties.

These things happen in war. Innocent people get killed, atrocities occur on both sides and nothing is fair.

Date: May 23, 2010 06:22PM

Honestly have any of you ever been on active duty?

Date: May 23, 2010 07:38PM

have you? and what does that matter, does that take away my right to have an opinion on a situation?

Date: May 23, 2010 09:24PM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> have you? and what does that matter, does that
> take away my right to have an opinion on a
> situation?

I was associated with the military for 27 years and that exposure was not lost on me. Based on your immature response I assume you know nothing about the military and YES that does fucking matter you are not basing your fucking wacko opinion on reality. Now grow up you impotent little snot living off your parents. You shouldn't be allowed to communicate with anyone without adult supervision. What a fucking loser, but not to fear you are not alone here .

Date: May 23, 2010 10:41PM

What, my immature response of asking if my opinion should not be counted because i did not "serve" my country? You're right, totally immature on my part. Its good to see spunky back in full force. You are bat shit crazy as always. And what I stated is not incorrect, yes 4K lives is a tradgedy blah blah blah, as far as wars go it is insignificant. And as far as mans lust for blood and war, again i am right on all accounts. And you sir/mam/cunt are a douche.

Date: May 23, 2010 11:31PM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> What, my immature response of asking if my opinion
> should not be counted because i did not "serve" my
> country? You're right, totally immature on my
> part. Its good to see spunky back in full force.
>

Yes you stupid idiot! Opinions should be based on real information and not grasping at ideas out of the sky that may look or sound good to a fool. Unless that is the case then why not just call it what it is, which is nothing more then soup du'jour! In other words bullshit.

But thank you for speaking up with your opinion and removing all doubt the lack of wisdom you demonstrate.

Gravis is a butthead!

You are bat shit crazy as always. And what I
>

stated is not incorrect, yes 4K lives is a
> tradgedy blah blah blah, as far as wars go it is
> insignificant. And as far as mans lust for blood
> and war, again i am right on all accounts. And you
> sir/mam/cunt are a douche.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:31AM

LOL WUT!?

I am Spunky Wrote:
>
> Gravis is a butthead!

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:57AM

so, is this the real Spunky? He/she has been hanging around here for long enough that I think it may be the real Spunkster.....she sounds every bit as crazy as her reputation. What do you think, Harry? She asked you out once, right? That makes you the Spunky expert around here.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:59AM

My vote is still:

NOT THE REAL SPUNKY

A very competent impersonator, though...

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 24, 2010 06:39AM

No, its not the real Spunky. More than likely, it's a certain "old school" poster that left the forum with his tail between his legs and now just trolls every day, all day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 06:45AM by eesh.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.