HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Driving on I-66 past Linden, Pickup trucks East and West bound with Large Confederate Flags flying from the beds
Posted by: Gd77m ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:50PM

Coming home from a short camping trip, saw this and wondered if it was just a show of 1st amendment rights, or something more. I wasn't driving and didn't get my camera out in time, but wouldn't take time to post here if it didn't happen.

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Driving on I-66 past Linden, Pickup trucks East and West bound with Large Confederate Flags flying from the beds
Posted by: hHDxk ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:51PM

Happened yesterday, 6/28 around 8 PM.

Re: Driving on I-66 past Linden, Pickup trucks East and West bound with Large Confederate Flags flying from the beds
Posted by: 97X ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:54PM

What a nitwit. That's Gods country out there. That happens every day in that part of town.

Posted by: J. Reb ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:23PM

Gd77m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Coming home from a short camping trip, saw this
> and wondered if it was just a show of 1st
> amendment rights, or something more. I wasn't
> driving and didn't get my camera out in time, but
> wouldn't take time to post here if it didn't
> happen.
>
> Thoughts?

Nice you were able to get out of the Beltway Bubble and see some real people for a change. If you want to buy some Confederate flags check out the flea market in Front Royal.

Posted by: TNYvN ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:55PM

Those people are racists. Don't get to close to them or you will catch it.

Posted by: NASCAR YEHHAWWW ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:58PM

Were they sitting on couches in the back bed of the pickup trucks drinking Budwiesers? Any good NASCAR stickers on the trucks?

Posted by: Pci ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:03PM

I found a pic for ya
Attachments:
flagtruck.jpg

Posted by: jnMyG ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:03PM

I already have a confederate flag I purchased from a Civil War museum off 81 not far from Front Royal. I don't fly it. It is a small one, but a conversation piece about history. I can take it out along with other relics I bought which were found on a battle field and discuss history with my son and with anyone.

Apparently, today's youth are not getting a full picture of US History and the same applies to World History.

The more ugly a part of history was, the more it should be learned and talked about in hopes that people won't repeat the mistakes of the past.

Posted by: 66 Warrior ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:28PM

They were at the westbound manassas rest stop about 2pm Sunday. Causing a bottleneck.

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:54PM

How many of them stopped on the side of the road and murdered nine people?

Posted by: blowtoad ()
Date: June 29, 2015 04:05PM

Yeah, they passed Nutley/Vienna Metro on 66 around 1:30, heading out the the country. I figured they were on their way to fight the Third Battle of Manassas.

Posted by: dodge boy ()
Date: June 29, 2015 04:18PM

Pci Wrote:
> I found a pic for ya

In a ford ranger, built by Mazda lol.

Posted by: GA Freak Zone ()
Date: June 29, 2015 08:26PM

Here at the racists freaks in Georgia - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=374_1435549300

Posted by: WilliamT.Sherman ()
Date: June 29, 2015 09:57PM

Someone needs to tell those traitorous slavers that they lost the war...

Posted by: Come and take it nigger ()
Date: June 29, 2015 11:28PM

'
Attachments:
ConfederateHistoryMonth2.jpg

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:55AM

WilliamT.Sherman Wrote:
> Someone needs to tell those traitorous slavers
> that they lost the war...

Hey dude, thought you were dead. As long as you're not, can you tell the class why it was that both you and Grant not only didn't free your slaves until after the war but both took them on the road with you during the war?

Btw...no wonder you were so completely filled with anger. You were one ugly dude.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:31AM

The Southern traitor flag.
Attachments:
1382865305586163.png

Posted by: udHUV ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:10AM

Posted by: Go ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:44PM

if you are in that Red Neck of the woods you will see that stupid Ish everyday.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:46PM

What do suppose the combined IQ is in this picture?

I'm guessing just below a partially impaired box turtle.
Attachments:
flagtruck.jpg

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:56PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/why-and-how-the-confederate-battle-flag-was-created-154-years-ago/2015/06/24/aedcf21a-1a98-11e5-ab92-c75ae6ab94b5_story.html

The Confederate battle flag, a controversial symbol that was condemned this week by much of the political spectrum, was born a few miles outside Washington during the first major land battle of the Civil War.

A simple roadside marker in Fairfax City describes how “amid the smoke of combat” during the First Battle of Manassas in 1861, Confederate soldiers had trouble distinguishing which troops were carrying the American flag and which were hoisting what was then the flag of the rebellious Southern states.

That’s because the first Confederate flag resembled Betsy Ross’s Colonial-era flag, with red and white stripes aligned next to a ring of white stars on a blue field.

Near what is now Main and Oak streets in Fairfax City, Confederate Gens. Pierre Gustave Toutant-Beauregard and William L. Cabell approved the design for a new flag: square and red, with diagonally crossed blue bars and stars — the Confederate battle flag.

“There was a lot of confusion” during the early part of the Civil War, said Michael Shumaker, a retired U.S. Navy officer who championed the effort to install the historic marker in 2007. “There was a need to have a flag that was distinctly different.”

The outnumbered Southerners won the First Battle of Manassas, also known as the First Battle of Bull Run, sending a strong signal to stunned Northerners that the civil war would be long and hard.

On Wednesday, as cars and a few pedestrians passed by the marker, several people interviewed by a Washington Post reporter said they never realized that the sign was there.

But once they examined it, they — like much of the nation — had ready opinions about what the flag means in the aftermath of last week’s fatal shootings of nine African Americans inside a historic black church in Charleston, S.C. Authorities say the alleged shooter, Dylann Roof, used the Confederate flag in a racist manifesto posted online before the shooting.

Local
Why and how the Confederate battle flag was created 154 years ago
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google Plus Share via Email More Options
Resize Text Print Article Comments 186

A site marker on the sidewalk off Main Street in Fairfax City, Va., marks the birthplace of the Confederate battle flag. (Evelyn Hockstein/For The Washington Post)
By Antonio Olivo June 24
The Confederate battle flag, a controversial symbol that was condemned this week by much of the political spectrum, was born a few miles outside Washington during the first major land battle of the Civil War.

[Use of Confederate flag nears an end]

A simple roadside marker in Fairfax City describes how “amid the smoke of combat” during the First Battle of Manassas in 1861, Confederate soldiers had trouble distinguishing which troops were carrying the American flag and which were hoisting what was then the flag of the rebellious Southern states.

That’s because the first Confederate flag resembled Betsy Ross’s Colonial-era flag, with red and white stripes aligned next to a ring of white stars on a blue field.

Near what is now Main and Oak streets in Fairfax City, Confederate Gens. Pierre Gustave Toutant-Beauregard and William L. Cabell approved the design for a new flag: square and red, with diagonally crossed blue bars and stars — the Confederate battle flag.

The Confederate flag on display, from 1938 to today
View Photos Public moments featuring the Confederate flag.
“There was a lot of confusion” during the early part of the Civil War, said Michael Shumaker, a retired U.S. Navy officer who championed the effort to install the historic marker in 2007. “There was a need to have a flag that was distinctly different.”

The outnumbered Southerners won the First Battle of Manassas, also known as the First Battle of Bull Run, sending a strong signal to stunned Northerners that the civil war would be long and hard.

On Wednesday, as cars and a few pedestrians passed by the marker, several people interviewed by a Washington Post reporter said they never realized that the sign was there.

But once they examined it, they — like much of the nation — had ready opinions about what the flag means in the aftermath of last week’s fatal shootings of nine African Americans inside a historic black church in Charleston, S.C. Authorities say the alleged shooter, Dylann Roof, used the Confederate flag in a racist manifesto posted online before the shooting.

[South Carolina lawmakers vote to debate Confederate flag ]

“I don’t like it,” Delia Espinoza, 40, a Mexican immigrant who lives in an apartment complex near the site of the historic meeting. “But, at the same time, this is a free country,” she said in her native Spanish.

Shah Khokker, 21, said he likes the marker’s historic significance but thinks the Confederate flag should no longer be publicly flown. “Who won the war? The U.S. won the war,” Khokker said.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) has moved to end the practice of flying the flag on the statehouse grounds, and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) have called for removing the symbol from state license plates.

But the issue is complicated, and opinions vary. Jim Webb (D), a former U.S. senator and a potential 2016 presidential candidate, defended the flag’s historic significance Wednesday.

And on Main Street in Fairfax City, Mike Mpalong, who is African American, applauded the marker and defended the use of the flag.

“I really don’t think they should take it down,” the 20-year-old said, explaining that he was worried about a racial backlash, among other things. “Taking down the flag would just create more stuff, more problems.”

Besides, Mpalong added, “It’s a part of history.”
Attachments:
C_Flag.JPG

Posted by: You Guess ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:39PM

Numbers Wrote:
> What do suppose the combined IQ is in this
> picture?
>
> I'm guessing just below a partially impaired box
> turtle.

I'm going to bet half of them are drunk or high too. Guess how many graduated high?

Posted by: Retarded nogs ()
Date: July 01, 2015 12:27AM

You Guess Wrote:
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What do suppose the combined IQ is in this
> > picture?
> >
> > I'm guessing just below a partially impaired
> box
> > turtle.
>
> I'm going to bet half of them are drunk or high
> too. Guess how many graduated high?

Still smarter than a truckload of niggers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.