HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why did I even turn on MSNBC?
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:01PM

They have two black women "pundits" trying to compare the Navy Yard shooting to the need to repeal "Stand Your Ground" laws. I guess this is the liberal response to a nigger going crazy and killing a bunch of people, both black and white.

WTF + 1,000,000.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why did I even turn on MSNBC?
Posted by: Liberal Logic 28 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:17PM

Every time you think they couldnt possibly get any dumber or sink any lower MSNBC always finds a way. Someone should sue them for having News in their name for false advertising. Its literally nothing more than brain washing propaganda that if you have an IQ over 5 gives you a headache listening to the stupidity.

Posted by: From Da Hood ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:44PM

If it wasn't for MSNBC, people like Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow wouldn't have a job. What a pathetic excuse of a TV station. It's about as stupid as those who dole out $.50 cents a day to purchase the Washington Post. Propaganda at its finest!

Date: September 17, 2013 09:47PM

You haven't bought a WP in a while have you?

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:48PM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You haven't bought a WP in a while have you?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Lockup Raw ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:49PM

Lockup Raw is a good show. I wish they would show some Virginia prisons so I could tell who on here was posting from prison.

Date: September 17, 2013 09:55PM

MSNBC followed the lead of FOX. FOX is also propaganda, but more slanted to corporate shilling. MSNBC has some corporate friends, but their primary benefactor is GOVERNMENT, GOVERNMENT, GOVERNMENT.

Even though their viewership is pitiful, it is profitable. Alex Jones banks a good bit of dough catering to the <5% people in the U.S. who are psychotically paranoid and believe 9-11 was caused by Israel.

MSNBC counts the coins of urban bedwetters, radical homos, racist blacks, bipolar hippies and elderly leftist shut-ins who lament the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: September 17, 2013 09:57PM

Lockup Raw Wrote:
> Lockup Raw is a good show. I wish they would show
> some Virginia prisons so I could tell who on here
> was posting from prison.

LOL MSNBC does all of this Saint Trayvon, Al Sharpton racial griping, then makes their weekends profitable by exploiting and perpetuating the scary jailed minority stereotype.

Date: September 17, 2013 09:58PM

Lockup Raw Wrote:
> Lockup Raw is a good show. I wish they would show
> some Virginia prisons so I could tell who on here
> was posting from prison.

Scared Straight has quite a few episodes in VA prisons

Posted by: Road Musings ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:58PM

Long, long ago (in a galaxy far far away?) I used to watch Chris Matthews on a daily basis. It was essential viewing.

There was a time he was a fairly even-minded individual. Believe it or not, he voted for Bush. But George W. drove him mad the way Obama drove Bachmann nuts.

I still watch MSNBC alot though. I find it helpful to see what the other side's argument is to deconstruct it. It can also be entertaining.

Also I actually like Morning Joe (yes I'm a squish). And Fox's echo chamber (particularly Mr. Great American at 9PM) gets old. As for CNN, well it's CNN...

Date: September 17, 2013 09:59PM

From Da Hood Wrote:
> If it wasn't for MSNBC, people like Chris Matthews
> and Rachel Maddow wouldn't have a job. What a
> pathetic excuse of a TV station. It's about as
> stupid as those who dole out $.50 cents a day to
> purchase the Washington Post. Propaganda at its
> finest!

Been a long, long, long time......

Date: September 17, 2013 09:59PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You haven't bought a WP in a while have you?
>
>
> You say that like it's a bad thing.

No I was just going to mention the WP is $1.25 now I think. I bailed when it went up from a quarter. I also heard USA Today is doubling their price to $2.00 here soon. Now that's a great business plan!

Date: September 17, 2013 10:02PM

> No I was just going to mention the WP is $1.25 now
> I think. I bailed when it went up from a quarter.
> I also heard USA Today is doubling their price to
> $2.00 here soon. Now that's a great business plan!

I never "got" USA Today. I always felt like it was the newspaper for the common idiot. Dumbed-down to well...nothingness. With hard-hitting op-ed positions like "Murdering kittens is bad".

I also never met someone who was a subscriber despite the fact they were for many years "#1 in the USA" (now the Wall Street Journal is).

Posted by: From Da Hood ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:03PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> You haven't bought a WP in a while have you?

Nope. I haven't, but for a good reason too. I no longer have a bird and a bird cage, so there is no need for such to line the cage. Also, since I can see movie times over the interweb, there is no need for such a rag as the Post.

Date: September 17, 2013 10:08PM

They used to call USA Today "McPaper"

Only place I see it is hotels or planes where it's sometimes free.

Posted by: MM9bM ()
Date: September 18, 2013 05:58AM

WaPo has an interesting business model. Run more ads, shrink the size of the ppaer, and charge more. They blame the internet for shrinking readership. Possibly, but then again, there is nothing to read in the WaPo.

As for "stand your ground", I don't think anyone was able to stand their ground since you can't have firewarms on a military base. This is a perfect example of why you need stand your ground laws and the actual ability to stand your ground.

Posted by: its all crap ()
Date: September 18, 2013 09:51AM

Except for NPR, all US new sources are complete crap anymore. Seriously, if you want unbiased news, tune into BBC, Al-Jazeera or even CBC Canada. They aren't perfect but a helluva lot better than MSNBC, FOX, etc.

Posted by: lot of censorship in the US ()
Date: September 18, 2013 10:20AM

New York Times says it doesn't need to run story on NSA sharing intelligence with Israel.

Washington Post doesn't need to disclose civilian deaths in drone strikes. 98% of deaths in drone attacks have nothing to do with terrorism. The US military thinks bombing civilians will force them to turn against local insurgents.

When the BBC ran its study on US domestic terrorism arrests (only 3 out of 508 were actual terrorist plots), it was blacked out in the US. For a time, the major US papers also refused to disclose the nature of FBI participation in these terrorism plots.

There was extensive coverage of Patreaus and the El Salvador counterinsurgency strategy in Iraq earlier in the year. This was completely blacked out in the US.

Guardian is the best paper I've read on the foreign wars.

NPR too
Posted by: 3G4Vw ()
Date: September 18, 2013 03:45PM

They lead the news yesterday with the Navy Yard shooting, then linked it to Stand Your Ground laws. Including saying that SYG was what the Zimmerman trial was all about. (It wasn't; SYG was not used by either Zimmerman or the FL prosecution!) Then a story that someone has made up some statistics showing that many states have adopted SYG recently, and in all such states, justifiable homicide has soared dramatically, and in non-adopting states, it has plummeted. And they gave their conclusions: SYG encourages people who would have settled differences with yelling are now shooting each other all the time, and guns are bad.

About 1 minute for the Navy Yard, barely covered it, then about 7 minutes ranting and SYG and anti-gun rhetorics. That's the news! Paid for with your tax dollars.

Posted by: Democrats are bigots: true ()
Date: September 18, 2013 04:12PM

Just imagine for a second if Aaron Alexis had been white. How quickly do you thing that MSDNC and all the other retarded progressives (like there's any other) would have put out there that he was a Tea Party member? Never mind that all of today's violence is from the left.

Date: September 18, 2013 04:23PM

Democrats are bigots: true Wrote:
> Just imagine for a second if Aaron Alexis had been
> white. How quickly do you thing that MSDNC and all
> the other retarded progressives (like there's any
> other) would have put out there that he was a Tea
> Party member? Never mind that all of today's
> violence is from the left.

You mean like they tried with Zimmerman and how MSNBC tried to push the Boston Bombings as Tea Party Revenge?

Date: September 18, 2013 04:27PM

And how the person who set the bomb in Times Square was originally speculated to be someone mad about Obamacare passing (read: Tea Party). Whoops! Turned out it was a naturalized mooslim immigrant.

Or how they initially reported that the shooter in Colorado was a Tea Party member, then had to walk that back.

Posted by: Phillios ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:06PM

Matthews slobbers like some drunken fool every time Obamas name is mentioned. He had it right when he said Obama makes his leg tingle, too gay for me.

Posted by: dumb bomber ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:33PM

Times Square bomb was poorly constructed. It looks like someone who read about other bombing attempts and didn't know how they were technically put together to explode.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0503/Why-the-Times-Square-bomb-failed-spectacularly

Posted by: ex-Les ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:35PM

New York Times writer Sorkin was recently taken to task for writing an editorial defending hiring based on nepotism and connnections. I recall he's the son of a hedge fund manager.

MSNBC, FOX, and RT seemed to be doing some of the reporting tongue-in-check. They know their stuff is incredibly biased. Their audience knows it as well.

Posted by: Contest Entry. ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:54PM

You turned on MSNBC so that you could work yourself up into a lather and write an angry, racist rant on the Internet about how stupid and biased MSNBC was and how much liberals suck ass.

Let me know if my contest entry wins.

Date: September 18, 2013 11:26PM

Democrats are bigots: true Wrote:
> And how the person who set the bomb in Times
> Square was originally speculated to be someone mad
> about Obamacare passing (read: Tea Party). Whoops!
> Turned out it was a naturalized mooslim
> immigrant.
>
> Or how they initially reported that the shooter in
> Colorado was a Tea Party member, then had to walk
> that back.

Their playbook is basically just blame the Tea Party or the GOP for everything as soon as it happens and when proven wrong just pretend like they never did that or still somehow try and blame them. Nothing more than a propaganda channel that would make the Nazi Information Minister and Baghdad Bob proud.

Date: September 19, 2013 12:02AM

Ah, Bagdad Bob. I miss him.

But then we have our own version right here in the US, don't we?
Attachments:
Jay-Carney.jpg

Posted by: Ny4xm ()
Date: September 19, 2013 01:38PM

Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
>
> Their playbook is basically just blame the Tea
> Party or the GOP for everything as soon as it
> happens and when proven wrong just pretend like
> they never did that or still somehow try and blame
> them. Nothing more than a propaganda channel that
> would make the Nazi Information Minister and
> Baghdad Bob proud.

oh give it a rest you fuck tard.

Date: September 19, 2013 02:52PM

Ny4xm Wrote:
> Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
> >
> > Their playbook is basically just blame the Tea
> > Party or the GOP for everything as soon as it
> > happens and when proven wrong just pretend like
> > they never did that or still somehow try and
> blame
> > them. Nothing more than a propaganda channel
> that
> > would make the Nazi Information Minister and
> > Baghdad Bob proud.
>
>
> oh give it a rest you fuck tard.

So you claim MSNBC didnt attempt to blame all those things on the Tea Party and GOP?

Oh I get it you like it when progressives are partisan hacks but get pissed off whens someone calls them out on it

Date: September 19, 2013 03:52PM

Its all fun and games until someone invokes the NAZI argument. Or hell Baghdad Bob. Then I KNOW you are just a troll. You are all over this forum like a rash, morning noon and night. Its pathetic your level of trolldom. Good day to you sir.

Date: September 19, 2013 06:01PM

Ny4xm Wrote:
> Its all fun and games until someone invokes the
> NAZI argument. Or hell Baghdad Bob. Then I KNOW
> you are just a troll. You are all over this forum
> like a rash, morning noon and night. Its pathetic
> your level of trolldom. Good day to you sir.

Why wont you answer the question?

Did MSNBC blame the Tea Party and the GOP as soon as everything happened with no evidence to support it?

In other words the answer is yes and like the Nazis and Baghdad Bob theyre just saying whatever fits their agenda regardless of actual facts. That is all MSNBC does. Just dont forget to "Lean Forward" being a good progressive that you are.

Date: September 19, 2013 07:05PM

Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
> Ny4xm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Its all fun and games until someone invokes the
> > NAZI argument. Or hell Baghdad Bob. Then I
> KNOW
> > you are just a troll. You are all over this
> forum
> > like a rash, morning noon and night. Its
> pathetic
> > your level of trolldom. Good day to you sir.
>
>
> Why wont you answer the question?
>
> Did MSNBC blame the Tea Party and the GOP as soon
> as everything happened with no evidence to support
> it?
>
> In other words the answer is yes and like the
> Nazis and Baghdad Bob theyre just saying whatever
> fits their agenda regardless of actual facts.
> That is all MSNBC does. Just dont forget to "Lean
> Forward" being a good progressive that you are.

I SAID GOOD DAAAAAAAAY!

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 19, 2013 09:10PM

MS. a china company.

MSNBC is totally liberal: they say "FOX is for white guys who think they have not already lost the war against tan people"

-------------------------

MS and novell buyout companies and destroy them, like nokia but many more

MS only supports asian electronics and seeks to destroy u.s.a. electronics, like tx stuff and scsi. puts name on chinese stuff too.

MS ripped of developers and software users hugely over the years.

MS has been involved in many pyramid schemes: including forced upgrades and false viruses.

MS has been privatizing gov funds by getting tax payer money to write sofware for them

MS has been stealing work of free authors and does not pay them.

MS wares used to lie big time about what they could do (recently, i haven't checked but)

MS. by help of united states supreme court skipped out lawsuits filed.

MS. gov workers, ny, had invested in stocks then assaulted other companies using tax money. their product was reboot trash and dumped. all illegal.

MS got gov workers to install boxes doing nothing in offices then filed claims gov had to improve it due to being "essentail and critical" when it was NOT

should i go on ???

=======================================

MSNBC is totally liberal: they say "FOX is for white guys who think they have not already lost the war against tan people"

MSNBC stated as well "tan babies already outnumber white babies"

MSNBC: are snowflakes on the air, run behind the scenes by, maybe, terrorists of some kind (ie, financial terrorism)

------------------------

i like china. doesn't mean i want to be chop suey in a grinder :)

really associating MS with china insults chinese. but china is always who benefits from MS's driver hell

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: September 20, 2013 06:36AM

svennestle Wrote:
>
> should i go on ???
>

If that was a genuine question where you waited for an answer, I would have declined.

So when did MSNBC write software for tan babies after buying out Nokia that put snowflakes into driver hell?

Posted by: Jamie Foxx ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:36PM

You turn it on because Maddow is f-ing hot and you love the shouter Al Sharpton. I can't get enough.

Date: September 20, 2013 07:54PM

Jamie Foxx Wrote:
> I can't get enough.

That's not right...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6ckVtAR-I

Posted by: From Da Hood -- The Original ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:49PM

Jay Carney? He's got some credibility. Right? Hmm ...

Attachments:
jay carney.jpg

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: September 24, 2013 02:02PM

TV is for entertainment. Outside of PBS' Frontline, they can't go deep into a news story in 4 minutes.

This site often critiques NYT and WSJ, both being hometown papers.

http://www.cjr.org/the_audit/andrew_ross_sorkin_epic_concer.php

I notice emptywheel often does the same with NYT and WAPO. I believe there's another site called Bureau of Investigative Journalism that does the same.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.