HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)
Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 26, 2008 06:47PM

how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)
Posted by: Dominosman ()
Date: October 26, 2008 07:01PM

TWENTY PERCENT OF YOUR ORDER MOTHAFUCKA.

Re: how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 26, 2008 07:04PM

20% is good. It may sound steep, but if you ever order another pizza from this guy and he knows you tip well, he may make an extra effort to get to your house quickly.

Also, decreases the chances he will season your food with any bodily fluids, which is always a plus.

Posted by: customer. ()

NOTHING!

With gas prices going down...that $2 delivery charge is enough.

Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: October 26, 2008 07:08PM

$4

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: October 26, 2008 07:56PM

Booze and other refreshments would probably be appreciated.

Posted by: tip of the day ()
Date: October 26, 2008 08:04PM

I don't tip them shit. Their already getting paid, not to mention they also charge you a delivery fee that is included in your purchase. At least they have a job, they should tip me for job security!!

Posted by: strates ()
Date: October 26, 2008 08:07PM

First the delivery charge doesn't go to the driver, so don't consider that part of the tip.

Second, tip commensurate with performance. In other words don't reward bad behavior, such as forgotten drinks, or slow delivery.

Also keep in mind that delivering pizza can be a risky business in many neighborhoods, so be grateful.

check out this page for all the answers:
http://tipthepizzaguy.com/

Posted by: Faiol ()
Date: October 26, 2008 08:35PM

...how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver?

I give him the whole tip, but I save the shaft for marriage.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 27, 2008 01:51AM

around 20%. Tonight, I ordered a pizza and the total was $18.79. I just rounded off and gave the guy $22. So he got a $3.21 tip, which is a little bit below 20%.

But if the total had been $17.50 or whatever, I would have still given him $22.

What I don't like is that if you order online and pay with a credit card, they expect you to pay the tip online at the time you order.

Did they lose track of what a tip is meant for? How do I know the driver won't take an hour to get my pizza delivered, or I'll end up with a small with sardines and pineapple when I ordered a large with sausage and onions?

Obviously you can tip cash, but that whole system they've set up (at least at Papa John's and Pizza Hut) seems shortsighted. At least half of the people paying with a CC are doing so because they don't have enough cash in their pocket at the moment, and at least the first time anyone orders online they won't know that leaving the tip space blank will not allow you to write in the tip when they deliver the pizza and you sign the charge slip, like you can when you call the store directly.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 08:24AM

I just pick up the pizza and save on the delivery charge. If the driver doesn't see that charge, who does? The drivers usually have to use their own vehicles, gas, insurance, etc., too.

I usually just give them a 10% or so tip from there.

Posted by: Dm6WP ()
Date: October 27, 2008 01:21PM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Also, decreases the chances he will season your
> food with any bodily fluids, which is always a
> plus.

I alwasy examine pizzas delivered to my house. (or any other type of delivered food)

Just praying for the day some jerk-off delivery person adds some type of bodily fluid to it.... big civil suit for the pizza corporation.... say a cool million or two? :)

Posted by: FDA Inspector ()
Date: October 27, 2008 07:17PM

Dm6WP Wrote:
> tomahawk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Also, decreases the chances he will season your
> > food with any bodily fluids, which is always a
> > plus.
>
> I alwasy examine pizzas delivered to my house. (or
> any other type of delivered food)
>
> Just praying for the day some jerk-off delivery
> person adds some type of bodily fluid to it....
> big civil suit for the pizza corporation.... say a
> cool million or two? :)

I think your chances of a big payday like that would be better playing the lottery...

Posted by: Katarina ()
Date: October 27, 2008 07:22PM

FDA Inspector Wrote:
> I think your chances of a big payday like that
> would be better playing the lottery...

unfortunately, I must tell you that it happens a lot more than you think.

I delivered pizza when I was in high school. it was one of the major pizza
chains. this was about 18 years ago, so I sincerely hope the drivers don't
do it anymore.... (the free additives)

Posted by: Used to be a driver ()
Date: December 16, 2008 05:23PM

Anyone who can't tip at least $4 should just not order a pizza. Drivers have to pay for their own gas, and the $2 charge does not go to the driver. They typically get fifty cents a delivery, which in most cases doesn't even cover their gas. Rule of thumb should be tip a minimum of $4 and an extra dollar for every mile over four miles to your house. 1-4 miles is a $4 tip then go up from there. If you can't afford to tip the driver go get the pizza yourself. I think its worst an extra $5 to sit on the couch and have my dinner delivered to my door. Furthermore, I would always give coupons or discount cards to people that were good tippers, so it pays to tip well.

Posted by: barracuda ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:06PM

I used to be a pizza delivery driver as well. I have always given a $5 tip to my delivery driver, and if I order a lot of pizza for a large group, I compensate accordingly. Recently, though, gas prices have come down to 2003-2004 levels. I disagree with delivery charge Dominos and other chains are still imposing on deliveries since fuel has come down. I combat that by only tipping the driver $3 instead of $5 in order to keep my $2.

One thing I noticed is kids these days are very ungrateful. If I got a $5 tip on a $14 order, I would have been very grateful and have made that known. Lately, the kids that come to my door don't even say thank you for a $5 tip.

Posted by: When will it end ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:34PM

I stopped ordering pizza from pizza hut, dominoes and papa johns, when I had ordered two large pizza's one night for my kids sleep over, the total was something like $28.00 and I had given $35.00 cash, so $7.00 bucks for the driver and he literally looked at me, turned his nose up and shook his head as he walked off as if it wasnt enough. That was the last time I ordered pizza. Now I drive to Costco and order a whole pizza for $10.00, that is twice the size of what I use to get and is loaded with cheese, not the few strands here and there I would get from the other places. No more delivery for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 10:34PM by When will it end.

Posted by: Consumer ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:24AM

I currently work part time as a pizza delivery once or twice a week. Let me tell you, tip your guy. Yes, I have seen people at my work place do some disgusting things to your food. Everybody knows who tips well and who doesnt. Anything above $3 and I guarantee you that your pizza will be delivered last AND with an extra mystery ingredient. Yes, pizza delivery drivers really do mess with your food. Think twice. BTW the $2 fee usually goes to the company insurance to cover their ass not the drivers in case of an accident. The driver is responsible for gas, insurance and maintenance. Some full timers put 2k a month on their car. Tip well

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 08:54AM

I typically tip $2 minimum, 15-20%, up to 25% in iffy weather.

If I'm going to be treated the same as a guy that gives you $15 for a $14.32 bill and waits for change, what's the point?

I suppose I will either just (1) buy frozen/Costco pizza or (2) just pick up my pizza, with a heavy leaning towards 1.

Posted by: Spanky Ham ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:10AM

I don't tip anything. I take the pizza and hand it to my buddy, who's just out of sight. He then ones the box and takes a dump on the pizza. I then say, "Hey, I didn't order this...WITH SAUSAGE!" and throw it in the driver's face and slam the door.

Good times.

Posted by: Chantilly's Finest ()
Date: December 17, 2008 02:52PM

I've never figured that out. I normally just round up and add a dollar or two - so if it's 15.58, I'll fork over 17 or 18.

I've never understood the "delivery charge". The pizza joint doesn't own the car, pay for the gas, and probably doesn't help offset any insurance for driver, so what the hell are they charging me for? That's why only under extreme circumstances I have it delivered. Mostly, I'll call the place on the way home and pick it up. Fuck giving them more money for basically nothing.

Posted by: twobucks ()
Date: December 17, 2008 02:57PM

I always tip $2.

Posted by: what the eff ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:13PM

Consumer Wrote:
> I currently work part time as a pizza delivery
> once or twice a week. Let me tell you, tip your
> guy. Yes, I have seen people at my work place do
> some disgusting things to your food. Everybody
> knows who tips well and who doesnt. Anything above
> $3 and I guarantee you that your pizza will be
> delivered last AND with an extra mystery
> ingredient. Yes, pizza delivery drivers really do
> mess with your food. Think twice. BTW the $2 fee
> usually goes to the company insurance to cover
> their ass not the drivers in case of an accident.
> The driver is responsible for gas, insurance and
> maintenance. Some full timers put 2k a month on
> their car. Tip well

why would you deliver the pizza last and put shit in it if they tip you above $3? you're an idiot

Posted by: The Noid ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:14PM

After reading some of these posts, I'm appalled that some people would turn their nose up a a $5 - $7 tip. I hate to tell them, but tipping is optional. And how much "service" are you getting for having a guy run up to your house and hand you a pizza? Yes, yes, time in the car, gas, insurance....I understand.

I may be completely wrong, but I'm assuming that the average driver goes out with about 3 - 5 deliveries for one trip and each trip takes 40 minutes from start to finish. If that driver got JUST a $2 tip at each delivery that's $6 - $10 for 40 minutes work, which would actually equate out to $9-$15/hour, which is more than they'd get working a retail job on a per hour basis.

I do tip, normally 15% and round up to next dollar. It's 15% because I consider a delivery a "minimum service" and I'm not sitting in a restaurant.

I tip 10% on take out (for the people who make the food) and 20% for dining out. If the waiter at the restaurant sucks, they get 10% only because I know they have to make a living and I'm not heartless enough to give them nothing. I have given a 0% tip on 4 painful experiences, and each time I had to get the manager involved to get it right.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:37PM

I usually go a buck an item with a minimum of $4. Delivery fees have definitely impacted what I give. I know they say that doesn't go to the driver, and that is unfortunate. To me, the tip is the value I get over not going to pick up a carryout order, and the delivery fee eats into that value.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: December 17, 2008 07:15PM

Consumer Wrote:
> I currently work part time as a pizza delivery
> once or twice a week. Let me tell you, tip your
> guy. Yes, I have seen people at my work place do
> some disgusting things to your food. Everybody
> knows who tips well and who doesnt. Anything above
> $3 and I guarantee you that your pizza will be
> delivered last AND with an extra mystery
> ingredient. Yes, pizza delivery drivers really do
> mess with your food. Think twice. BTW the $2 fee
> usually goes to the company insurance to cover
> their ass not the drivers in case of an accident.
> The driver is responsible for gas, insurance and
> maintenance. Some full timers put 2k a month on
> their car. Tip well

They'll NEVER mess with my food. I bake my pies from scratch.

I don't patronize restaurants at all because they are all gross....but ESPECIALLY ones that employ teenaged or 20something slaw-jawed, pimple faced morons like you'll find at any pizza or Outback-type chain restaurant.

They are some common motherfuckers and they ain't getting within 100 miles of my food.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: December 17, 2008 08:13PM

I usually tip $4-$5 unless it is a really big order.

Posted by: flimmy ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:56PM

Only tip they get from me is a couple of quarters smeared with cat shit from the litter box. I hate their filthy food, but the wife likes it for some reason.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:58PM

First she gave me Lip LIP Then I gave her a Sip SIP now she's on my BRASS MONKEY! that Fnky MONKAY

Posted by: Aleksei ()
Date: March 02, 2009 08:10PM

Im quiting this job it sucks

Posted by: asshat ()
Date: March 03, 2009 01:54AM

id say between 3-5 $ depending on the order size, and maybe more than that if the weather is shitty outside.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 03, 2009 09:20AM

I used to work for this tightwad old couple who besides refusing to use coupons of any kind (because they thought it made them look cheap) they refused to tip the Dominoes guy who delivered their dinner once weekly for years.Twisted logic, because not tipping more than cancelled out any good PR not using coupons gave them.

I never had the heart to tell them, but they probably consumed enough nasty unauthorized additives from the ever rotating crew of drivers to infect a village.

Find a pizza delivery place you like and tip well, at least $5 and you won;t have to worry about hiring a food taster.

Posted by: why? wanna stalk me? ()
Date: March 03, 2009 04:03PM

The average driver does not take 3-5 deliveries at a time. Its usually 1 or 2 because the food would get fairly cold by the time it gets to the last person. My roomate delivers pizza and rants about it all the time so I have heard the best and the worst. Average delivery is 5-6 miles round trip. If you live further away it could be 10-12 so you have to understand that the average car gets about 20mpg and if the driver has to make a round trip, a dollar goes into gas. If you tip $2 , $1 goes into gas and only $1 to the driver and on top of that the driver has to pay for the maintenance, insurance, ect ect ect. Yes, there is a $2 delivery charge that goes to the company for COMMERCIAL INSURANCE, it is very expensive and the company has to minimize THEIR costs through delivery/convenience or other bs charges. Drivers usually do get paid a minimum wage plus tips so tip well. Try to be a little understanding. I always tip 20% as I would in a restaurant. Anything below $2 and it is an insult to the driver and the next time you order dont be surprised when your order arrives two hours late, cold and with uninvited ingridients(yes it really does happen).

Posted by: Where's Dat Tip? ()
Date: March 03, 2009 11:16PM

The sad part is that the douchebags who are giving the immature BS answers really are the ones who don't tip for crap and don't give a damn about it at all.

15 years ago I delivered food - probably did so for a good ten years and I learned the following:

1. Yes, if you remind people that the gratuity is not included, they will call and complain and you will get in trouble - even if it is snowing outside and they order at rush hour and live 15 miles from the restaurant.

2. Delivery charges are BS! They should not exist - PERIOD - on direct pizza/food delivery joints. I mean, seriously, if 75% of your business is delivery, then include that charge in your food, and simply send out 'pick up' coupons to people.

3. $2.00 on average (15 years ago) was perfectly fine. If I made it through a night of delivering food - call it 24 runs in 8 hours - then I was pretty happy with the 50 bucks plus hourly that I walked with.

4. Delivery drivers who drive fuel inefficient cars do NOT deserve more for being stupid. Buy a cheap Honda Civic or Corolla and get 30mpg and stick with it.

5. Any driver that you even think may have done something to your pizza you should check carefully and be ready to call the shop. I personally earned my tips through courteous service all the time and always offerred to bring the food in, and confirmed all pizzas before taking them out the door. A good driver is like a good waiter, except running back to the table with that side item takes 30 minutes instead of 60 seconds.

6. 15-20% is always appropriate with a minimum of about $2 unless they are across the street... No, even then - $2.00 minimum.

7. I rarely am so lazy that I won't get off my butt and get my own food.

Posted by: coolhandbane ()
Date: March 04, 2009 12:08AM

For me, I base tip on were the pizza place in from my house and how much I spend. Since delivery charge in now included, that also is based into my tips.

I usually dont give a tip (or its very low) to my dominos pizza. I dont give them a tip because they are less than a mile away from my house (I live in kings park).

I usually tip pizza hut and New York Pizza Factory because they are kinda far away adn their food is good.

I tip %15 for Papa Johns. They are a few miles down the road.

Posted by: tippy ()
Date: March 04, 2009 01:16AM

If you don't tip, just go pick up your pizza yourself, its that simple.

Date: March 04, 2009 06:45AM

tippy Wrote:
> If you don't tip, just go pick up your pizza
> yourself, its that simple.

And the next few posts will be from the people working the counter saying you should be tipping there too.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: March 04, 2009 07:35AM

None. I don't order pizza. I go get it from a real pizza place, not one of the bullshit mass market joints.

Posted by: ralph ()
Date: April 02, 2009 09:50AM

fuck you loser, Ill fuck you up for saying that slob

Posted by: Smart Moran ()
Date: April 20, 2009 10:57PM

Im the nice well-spoken pizza delivery man who comes to your house cuts the line the lights go out i get my axe and go at it hacking any males and raping any females regardless of age(watch out for your daughter!!!) Then i get my tip the tip of your finger(its my thing!!!)yummy!!!!!

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:37PM

I don't eat Domino's

Posted by: Omar ()
Date: April 29, 2009 02:02AM

You must Tip, advice from a delivery driver, remember "DOnt fuck with people who handle your food" thank you for your kind, have a good night!!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 29, 2009 09:31AM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> I don't eat Domino's

Thanks for bumping the thread for this delightful bit of insight.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Clockshift ()
Date: October 10, 2009 12:27AM

>>>>>Posted by: Spanky Ham ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:10AM

I don't tip anything. I take the pizza and hand it to my buddy, who's just out of sight. He then ones the box and takes a dump on the pizza. I then say, "Hey, I didn't order this...WITH SAUSAGE!" and throw it in the driver's face and slam the door.

Good times.

Haha Spanky Ham you would probably get raped and bukkaked together with your dump taking buddy if you did that in ny to a delivery driver.

Posted by: Clockshift ()
Date: October 10, 2009 12:30AM

>>>>Posted by: flimmy ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:56PM

Only tip they get from me is a couple of quarters smeared with cat shit from the litter box. I hate their filthy food, but the wife likes it for some reason.

She probably likes the filty food cause it probably tastes like cat shit like your little pipi and unique idiotic attitude, lawl. No wonder she comes to my house every night with that pissed off anger issue of yours =).

Posted by: smh ()
Date: October 10, 2009 02:48AM

...you fucking white people make me sick. Arguing about mere dollars. Giving a 5-10$ tip wont bankrupt you...stfu u all sound like fucking jews.fucking miserable pieces of shit.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:35AM

15% is standard gratuity pretty much anywhere in the United States, and in Europe. Sometimes I give more for the Pizza Delivery if I called it in really late near closing time, or if the conditions are really bad (Ice for example). I sometimes see the same faces delivering, and they're cool folks. We helped one guy during a Winter Storm when his truck broke down, and we got it up and running again.

The only time we ever had a delivery problem was one time with Papa Johns (Only once, usually they've been good). The clown piled the bread sticks on top of the pizza, and he went to hand them to my family member who answered the door. Meanwhile, she had a dog in one arm, and I had the others. Anyways, she shifted the dog in her opposing arm to better grab the pizza, but before she even had a chance to grab the box, the guy just dropped it, and pizza went all over the door sill and porch. He just walked off too, without an apology or anything. We called the joint, and they gave us a free re-delivery with a different driver.

Yeah, btw, one time I had a REALLY great deal on an order due to a big time coupon I had. I tipped the guy 100% or more, and he was excited as hell. Good stuff. It's always nice to make someones day when you can. Besides, I've had fam who've worked in the restaurant business before, and generally the waiters/delivery people make all of their income off of tips. People who don't tip should just stay at home and cook their own dinners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 03:38AM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:49AM

There will always be douchebags who justify being cheapskates and not tipping. These are the same folks who try to sell every knick-knack and worn-out thing they own on craigslist or ebay, instead of giving it away or tossing it. Gotta get that dime.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Date: October 10, 2009 08:26AM

white-space.jpg

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 07:16PM by WingNut.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 10, 2009 08:34AM

We had 8 pizza delivered to the office the other day - $72 for pizza. Tip was $12.00

Posted by: piz-z-za ()
Date: October 10, 2009 09:00AM

Do you tip in the carry out pizza places if you pick up the pizza?

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:00AM

No.

Posted by: really smart ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:59AM

----->Re: how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only) Posted by: customer. ()

NOTHING!

With gas prices going down...that $2 delivery charge is enough.<------ oh good, so the poor guy just wasted his time for a dollar...yeah don't tip so the next time u get delivery, you get a free extra topping on that pizza of urs...right in the sauce so you know it doesn't taste quite right but it looks ok...that's because whatever snot or other translucent fluid they could produce was mixed ever so nicely in with your sauce so there is no real color change...

i'd rather walk than compromise my take out...don't ever mess with people who serve you food..the movie waiting was very much fact based contrary to what people would like to think .. xxxooo

Posted by: dono ()
Date: October 10, 2009 11:42AM

2 bucks. the have store fronts you can drive to get your pizza. He drives I tip. I make up for the heartless jerks that stiff him.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:28PM

Yeah, me too, my tips have gone up a lot since I read this crap. But, having been a waiter, I know these pricks exist.

It's normally non- or marginally-educated people, who have no concept of the Social Contract and common decency, who don't tip as a matter of practice and "principle".

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 10, 2009 10:43PM

i always tip at least a 50 sometimes ill throw a c-note

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 11, 2009 09:14AM

i always order carry-out.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Papa John ()
Date: October 12, 2009 04:28PM

tip of the day Wrote:
> I don't tip them shit. Their already getting paid,
> not to mention they also charge you a delivery fee
> that is included in your purchase. At least they
> have a job, they should tip me for job security!!

Vince(1), is that you, you sack of sh*t????

Date: October 12, 2009 05:01PM

Gravis Wrote:
> i always order carry-out.

I remember there was a thread here about carry out and tipping. Some people were saying you should tip on carry-out. No thanks

Posted by: DEE ()
Date: December 30, 2009 05:09PM

I am a manager at Domino's and i can assure you the entire delivery Charge does NOT go to the driver. Drivers are paid milage depending on the price of gas and it is usually around $1.00. My drivers make $1.00 LESS than minimum wage so they really do depend on tips. Also they have to get oil changes and tires more often. It really wears on your vehicle. As for the people complaining about the delivery charge, would you rather they raise the price of pizzas??? B/c that is what is going to happen if delivery charges are eliminated. Convience cost money!!! just like anything else. I went to the store and milk is like $4.00 a gallon. I'm not going to stop buying it though. Drivers work hard to get your pizza to you in a timely manner so you don't have to get your LAZY self up and get it. Tip the driver!!!

Posted by: james ()
Date: January 21, 2010 11:59PM

i ordered this shit tonight and the fucking asshole is taking forever, waiting now, hes not getting SHIT for a tip.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:17AM

Give him more than just the tip, you tease.

Posted by: gorefest ()
Date: January 25, 2010 04:58PM

I was a driver for 2 years. trust me, TIP your driver they go through a lot of bullshit. I live in New Mexico now and they only make $4.50 an hour and the majority of their tips go to keeping up with their car expences. if you don't tip them your a fag. ;)

Posted by: faith ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:28PM

youve got to be kidding me. my son delivers for a major chain. he pays gas, insurance, etc and gets under minimum wage. very very rarely (like superbowl sunday) do they ever get to carry more than one delivery at a time in their car. would you want pizza thats been sitting in a car for an hour. they dont do it...
they depend on tips and have to put up with so much guff. also my son always tells people they made his day when they tip well. he thanks every customer that tips. and some tip 20 cents....the biggest tip hes ever gotten was ten dollare on an eighty dollar order delivered perfectly and intact and hot. they securely close the boxes so you can tell if the driver has messed with your box. my son could care less about messing up an order especially if he can make a good impression and maybe get a decent tip the next time.

Posted by: faith ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:32PM

cheap that is allyou are. did u ever think its not their fault...possibly the sotre, possibly bad weather and a million other people ahead of you YOU ARE A PIECE OF you know what

Posted by: Former Delivery ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:53PM

i reccomend tipping good. otherwise next time he won't treat your pizza as if it was one that should be eaten

Posted by: ยง ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:03PM

I've always wondered if when you order a pepperoni pizza for delivery, how many pepperonis does the driver eat along the way before it gets to your house?

Posted by: Old dominos worker ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:32PM

never tip but remember.. many pizza delivery boys fart on the pizzas just to fuck around

Posted by: newmoonboy.. dont feel like logging in ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:40PM

I always get 5-5-5 hand them a 20 and we are both happy.. at least i am.

Posted by: CONCLUSION ()
Date: February 16, 2010 05:11PM

So, I recently ordered 2 pepperoni pizzas from four places due to the fact that Dinner was free on company expenses and I had to order eight pizzas for 20 people...

1. Pizza Hut
2. Dominos
3. Papa Johns
4. Bella Pizza

Three of my coworkers helped me out ordering the two pizzas from each store at around the same minute range and placed the orders...

Bella Pizza Won.
Dominos Next.
Pizza Hut.
Papa Johns.

Tips? first place got 8$
2nd 6
3rd 4
fourth 2

Posted by: Pizzzza ()
Date: February 18, 2010 12:04PM

Just to let you all morons know who are CONSTANT non tippers....hope you like saliva and other bodily fluids in your food. If you are dumb enough to keep ordering food from the SAME pizza place and never tip, you will get treated like so, not only with bad service, but also with what I mentioned above. I worked for a pizza delivery place for 3 years, and a bad tipping customer got some snot and/or saliva in their food AS WELL as their order being dropped off last, even if it was the oldest order out of the others. Why would you do that? Pick the pizza up you cheap fucks, maybe you can burn all those trans fats and chestorol off your fat ass instead of consuming my spit :) For all the great tippers...THANKS! I always made sure they got their orders first, and would even throw in some extra food if it was available. You get what you pay for :)

FYI - The "delivery charge" does not go to the driver, it goes to the money grubbing franchise owner"

Posted by: Papa Gino ()
Date: February 18, 2010 12:47PM

I order online and when I ask for delivery I usually tip 20-25% prepaid or sometimes if I have cash in hand I'll tip the guy cash. Most times I pick up my own pizza since I can get it in half the time.

Posted by: Jjjjjjjj ()
Date: February 24, 2010 02:17AM

are you new?? the corp, takes more the 75% of that fee dumb-ass!!! second of all we buy are own gas which costs $ 15.00 to 20.00 bucks a night! and thats if we're steady!! more if we're really busy!! 3rd stop and go driving plus starting the vehicle 15 time a shift eats gas faster!! you need to tip 20% of the order!! FYI we all remember a good tipper and never forget a bad one

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 24, 2010 02:28AM

Jjjjjjjj Wrote:
> are you new?? the corp, takes more the 75% of that
> fee dumb-ass!!! second of all we buy are own gas
> which costs $ 15.00 to 20.00 bucks a night! and
> thats if we're steady!! more if we're really
> busy!! 3rd stop and go driving plus starting the
> vehicle 15 time a shift eats gas faster!! you need
> to tip 20% of the order!! FYI we all remember a
> good tipper and never forget a bad one

Sounds like you need to find a better job.

Posted by: Day_Driver ()
Date: March 12, 2010 11:11AM

I also work at dominos, for now. To me it's actually a really fun place to work. I literally have never seen one of our insiders(people who make the food) spit or anything like that in our pizzas. As for the tipping, next time your complaining about how easy our job is. Shut your f***ing mouth and trade with me for a day. Thats my biggest complaint with customers is that u all think your better than us.I had a 3.9 gpa so quit complaining and pick up your own damn pizzas.

Date: March 16, 2010 12:29PM

Day_Driver Wrote:
> quit
> complaining and pick up your own damn pizzas.

I do, put away the tip jar at the counter.

I know how hard you guys work, I have had plenty of friends who ran deliveries and they deserved every tip they got. I have never looked down on a driver and have always tipped deliveries well when I have stuff delivered. I even kick in rain bonuses and pick stuff up at the end of the driveway in bad weather. But before you direct people to pick it up themselves you need the drop the "tip us anyway" requests at the counter.

Posted by: CA1NE ()
Date: April 15, 2010 01:13PM

I delivered for years for Dominoes & Pizza Hut...I find it appaling that any drivers would do THAT to the pizza's. On a Friday Night I had between 5 & 15 different stops on 1 run...nobody got their pizza based on tips, it was based on the most efficient route to deliver them...that said, $2 - $3 is adequate. If it's alot of food, or bad weather, I'll tip more. If it's Tuesday at 2:30 in the afternoon and you've got to deliver one pizza to the very edge of the order range, and then the guy only gives you $2.00...that's what you should expect working not peak hours. You do your time then for the hourly & for the good hours on weekends & evenings. You just deliver the pizza, you don't cook it, the majority of time your listening to good music not having to deal with anyone...appreciate what you have!

Stop F**king with the food...it's unprofessional.

Posted by: overklok ()
Date: April 15, 2010 01:35PM

I give between 7-8 dollars, it is a thankless job, almost as bad as waiting tables.

Posted by: delivery ()
Date: April 19, 2010 03:01PM

i delivered pizza for over a year ppl who didnt tip i would key there cars walking back down the driveway, this one time a lady had a real bad attitude so me and the insider took a dip(chewing tobacco) and sprinkled it under her cheese out of my mouth, the people who tiped though i never did that too, another time a lady tipped me like thirty cents and i keyed her mercedes benz slk230 bumper to bumper it was a real nice car, haha good times

Posted by: Syphilis ()
Date: April 19, 2010 06:28PM

Bob Wrote:
> around 20%. Tonight, I ordered a pizza and the
> total was $18.79. I just rounded off and gave the
> guy $22. So he got a $3.21 tip, which is a little
> bit below 20%.
>
> But if the total had been $17.50 or whatever, I
> would have still given him $22.
>
> What I don't like is that if you order online and
> pay with a credit card, they expect you to pay the
> tip online at the time you order.
>
> Did they lose track of what a tip is meant for?
> How do I know the driver won't take an hour to get
> my pizza delivered, or I'll end up with a small
> with sardines and pineapple when I ordered a large
> with sausage and onions?
>
> Obviously you can tip cash, but that whole system
> they've set up (at least at Papa John's and Pizza
> Hut) seems shortsighted. At least half of the
> people paying with a CC are doing so because they
> don't have enough cash in their pocket at the
> moment, and at least the first time anyone orders
> online they won't know that leaving the tip space
> blank will not allow you to write in the tip when
> they deliver the pizza and you sign the charge
> slip, like you can when you call the store
> directly.

Never had this problem. I order from Pizza Hut all the time because I'm a fat disgusting slob, and I always give the tip when I sign the receipt. Been doing it for years. Now come scratch my balls, I can't reach them myself.

Posted by: something random ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:23PM

The Noid Wrote:
> I may be completely wrong, but I'm assuming that
> the average driver goes out with about 3 - 5
> deliveries for one trip and each trip takes 40
> minutes from start to finish. If that driver got
> JUST a $2 tip at each delivery that's $6 - $10 for
> 40 minutes work, which would actually equate out
> to $9-$15/hour, which is more than they'd get
> working a retail job on a per hour basis.
-----------
You are completely wrong, most Domino's stores will not send their drivers out with more than 2 deliveries (which takes about 40 minutes round trip), and if it's a slow night they will take one at a time.

The good times are when neither one tips, or only one tips $1 - the driver essentially pays those lazy fucking cheap customers to bring them food. People wonder why when they don't tip they get 'extra ingredients'? They deserve it.

Posted by: something random ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:26PM

People that tip 3 dollars or more, are greatly appreciated by the drivers. If you get a driver that doesn't say thank you, or says something about the tip when given that much then call the store and complain about them. Most will thank you and go out of their way to do whatever they can to make your experience a good one (and usually fight other drivers to bring you your food :P).

Posted by: somepeople ()
Date: May 27, 2010 06:04PM

I usually tip around $5.00, and they never say 'thank you'

Posted by: Domino's Driver ()
Date: June 01, 2010 02:58PM

I do work for Domino's as a driver a couple nights a week (basically my play money since my primary job pays well)... I work in a decent area so really I see anywhere between $2-10 per delivery in tips... There have been a few times I've been stiffed (not for bad service either) and I just want to say "thanks for the tip"- just to be a smart a** (all along I'm thinking get your lazy a** off the couch and pick up your own pizza- you piece of sh*t)... I do attribute most of the stiffing and under tipping to the delivery charge- I think it would go a long way if Domino's, or any other chain that charges for delivery makes it a policy to tell the person ordering that the delivery "fee" does not go to the driver- it is posted when you order online, but when ordering on the phone, how does the person who is ordering supposed to know that?

Posted by: WestfieldJunkStar ()
Date: June 01, 2010 04:31PM

"all along I'm thinking get your lazy a** off the couch and pick up your own pizza- you piece of sh*t"

Well you wouldent have a job if they did

Posted by: dominos worker ()
Date: June 01, 2010 08:24PM

i work for dominos and i will tell you.. do not pay shit its a complete waste to tip the pizza man.. the delivery man sells drugs on his route

Posted by: momo ()
Date: August 04, 2010 11:53PM

your a retard

Posted by: dominos delivery man ()
Date: August 05, 2010 04:13AM

nononono.. you aren't getting me. I work for dominos (not going to say which one). And I am happy when people give me a small tip. A delivery man is my front so i can slang my thang, the tip money is just a bonus. anyways you don't have to tip its not against the law to not tip.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: August 05, 2010 07:21AM

I give them good life tips, like:

Don't eat yellow snow.

Posted by: novahavoc ()
Date: August 05, 2010 09:12AM

I always tip $3-$6

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 05, 2010 10:04AM

I tip five bucks or the number of items brought, whichever is higher. I actually get delivery less now with all the fees tacked on... after all that with tip it isn't worth $8 for the convenience of delivery any more. I just order over the phone on the way home and pick up.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 05, 2010 10:09AM

When I was poor as shit and living in the baracks at Bragg I ordered from Dominos and paid with a check which I wouldn't write until just before the driver got to my place (or was supposed to be there). If they came late, less tip. In one particular case I didn't leave a tip at all and the driver said "What? No tip?" I said "Nope!" ::DOOR SLAM:: If we as a society continue to reward sub-standard workers they'll never improve.

Posted by: pizzaman ()
Date: August 05, 2010 03:42PM

i love pizza and white women.

Posted by: Nathan G ()
Date: August 16, 2010 07:09PM

I'm not sure how easy it is to tell if there are bodily fluids in your pizza. And, for all you chumps stiffing the delivery person on tips, I hope you do get a little something extra ;)

Posted by: joey ()
Date: October 03, 2010 11:21AM

lol nothing your a joke

Posted by: UncleDaddy ()
Date: October 04, 2010 10:55AM

All of you habitual non-tippers out there we know who you are. We keep a black book for all the bad tippers. You are guaranteed to get your order last at my store. Cold pizza and hot soda. Keep your money and let me know how my ass tastes you cheap Mother Effers.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:05AM

$4 or $5. same amount as last two years I've posted on this boring topic.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: October 04, 2010 11:12AM

UncleDaddy Wrote:
> All of you habitual non-tippers out there we know
> who you are. We keep a black book for all the bad
> tippers. You are guaranteed to get your order last
> at my store. Cold pizza and hot soda. Keep your
> money and let me know how my ass tastes you cheap
> Mother Effers.

Like we really believe a pizza delivery guy is going to spend time looking up every customers name in a book before he delivers the pizza. The pizza delivery guy is pissed enough that he has to walk to the car.

Posted by: alfysguy ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:48AM

I deliver. We charge $2 and I get $1.25 of that. I average 10 miles round trip per delivery, so pretty much all of the what the company pays me goes towards gas only. It usually costs me $2-3000 for expenses and depreciation per year for the delivery part of my driving, which is about $1 a delivery I will have to pay out of pocket if I don't get tipped. My average tip is about $2 and I deliver about 2 per hour. I used to deliver and make more, but low wages have driven a lot of our good workers away. The $10 specials have been the driver for low wages and it is leading to cheaper and crappier pizza. I stayed in the pizza biz too long when times wer good, but have my butt back in school getting a degree.

To put it simpler, a $3 tip or more is appreciated. Delivery is a luxury, like having someone serve you food at a restaurant. You should tip us at least as well as a waiter or waitress who doesn't use their car.

A big thank you to those of you who tip though, even if it is less than $3, every dollar is appreciated!

Posted by: alfysguy ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:53AM

And we do remember in our small monkey brains somehow who does and doesn't tip, trust me. The people I work with are reputable and will not do anything to someones pizza(that I know of anyway). We do deliver to those who tip first if we have 2 orders in our car where one tips and one doesn't sometimes, that's about the worst of it.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.