HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)
Posted by: 10inchdonkey ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:54AM

one of my boys who used to be a delivery boy at dominos used to take scissors and cut some his pubic hair and sprinkle it on the pizza. sometimes he would masturbate on the pizza and spread it around to not make it look so obvious. pretty gross stuff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much tip do you give to the Domino's pizza delivery driver? (October deliveries only)
Posted by: Rob ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:43PM

i would like to take this moment to call out bullshit on some of these former/current delivery drivers.

i'm sure there are shitholes that allow/hire immature punks who would do disgusting things to food, but if you have an honest,good,friendly place you won't see that happen. I worked for a while part-time deliverying pizzas and while i had people tip me 0 all the way to 50%, i treated them the same way: smile and thanks and went on my way.

people would bitch inside the store, but noone would actually piss,shit,slap sperm on pizzas like some of you claim to do/have done. To those who have, you are outright ghetto trash with no class.

Posted by: osmosis11 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:47PM

Amen brother

Posted by: lnkahootz ()
Date: October 17, 2010 08:06PM

im scared to think about what might be done to food so i just try to keep it out of mind...

Posted by: hitler ()
Date: October 19, 2010 06:57PM

I Never eat that crap

Posted by: phucku ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:50PM

i ONLY tip if they are on time and have a BIG smile on there face.

Posted by: redneckfool ()
Date: October 20, 2010 11:04PM

one time i took a piss on my pizza and i called up pizza hut and told them the pizza was cold and sucked and i cursed out the manager, they picked up the pizzas and gave me a replacement, well when they got back i called again and bitched out the manager he then cursed mee out and said "HEY F U - we ate your pizza and nothing was wrong with it"

Posted by: P. Zahutt ()
Date: October 20, 2010 11:41PM

redneckfool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one time i took a piss on my pizza and i called up
> pizza hut and told them the pizza was cold and
> sucked and i cursed out the manager, they picked
> up the pizzas and gave me a replacement, well when
> they got back i called again and bitched out the
> manager he then cursed mee out and said "HEY F U -
> we ate your pizza and nothing was wrong with it"

Let's assume that they did eat the returned pizza. Did you expect them to be able to discern that you added a "flavor enhancer"? Their pizza sucks D's even when delivered fresh and hot...

Posted by: Larry Hoover ()
Date: October 21, 2010 01:46AM

We usually pick up a couple of pizzas from Bertucci's and tip 4 or 5 bucks. The quality of Domino's pizza is pretty weak. Even in my undergrad years I would usually stick to small local places and would get a bigger/better pizza for under 10 bills.

Posted by: mofo4life ()
Date: October 21, 2010 04:51PM

I never tip those fools shit bcuz they never appreciate shit, everytime i used to tip theyd never say "THANK YOU". those dirty little hamsters.

Posted by: mama lucia ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:23AM

I tip them 2 or 3 bucks.
Even though the pizza sucks they're mostly all young
kids and they have to pay for their own gas...so, yeah

Posted by: pizzas4ever ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:06PM

50%

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: October 26, 2010 10:02AM

25%-30%

Posted by: C-ville ()
Date: November 01, 2010 02:47PM

nice

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:34PM

I can't wait to dust this one off again next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: brian ()
Date: November 03, 2010 01:30PM

Don't tip dominos drivers. Dominos drivers like to speed a lot and thet arent safe drivers

Posted by: Raleigh, NC ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:30AM

In Raleigh, NC Domino's Pizza delivery drivers get $3.75 per hour to deliver. Drivers DO NOT receive the delivery fee. Four to six dollars is a good starting point for tipping. Would you drive your own vehicle, use your own gas, pick up food for your neighbor and bring it home to them for free?

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: December 23, 2010 07:37AM

If someone shows up at my door with a Domino Pizza, I'll pay him 20 dollars to bring it somewhere else.
How can anyone eat that shit?

Posted by: hm ()
Date: December 23, 2010 08:26AM

Raleigh, NC Wrote:
> In Raleigh, NC Domino's Pizza delivery drivers get
> $3.75 per hour to deliver. Drivers DO NOT receive
> the delivery fee. Four to six dollars is a good
> starting point for tipping. Would you drive your
> own vehicle, use your own gas, pick up food for
> your neighbor and bring it home to them for free?

good thing this isn't a forum for raleigh, nc then, isn't it?

also, drivers do not receive the full delivery fee, but they do receive a certain amount of money per delivery made.

Posted by: Ashley ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:08PM

I think what a lot of you delivery people don't realize is people assume you are getting paid enough for your job- if you are losing money delivering pizzas without getting tips, then your employer is to blame, not the customer. They already paid for food and a service as far as they know.

Posted by: 43KeG ()
Date: December 31, 2010 10:29AM

Ashley Wrote:
> I think what a lot of you delivery people don't
> realize is people assume you are getting paid
> enough for your job- if you are losing money
> delivering pizzas without getting tips, then your
> employer is to blame, not the customer. They
> already paid for food and a service as far as they
> know.

just like when you go out to eat at a sit-down place, right?

fuck off you worthless pile.

Posted by: Jon75 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 05:22AM

43KeG Wrote:
> Ashley Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think what a lot of you delivery people don't
> > realize is people assume you are getting paid
> > enough for your job- if you are losing money
> > delivering pizzas without getting tips, then
> your
> > employer is to blame, not the customer. They
> > already paid for food and a service as far as
> they
> > know.
>
>
> just like when you go out to eat at a sit-down
> place, right?
>
> fuck off you worthless pile.

The big difference between wait staff and delivery drivers is that wait staff are usually paid about $2.15/hr, well below minimum wage, whereas drivers get at least minimum wage, plus mileage and/or a per delivery/run fee. If customers are charged a delivery fee we are to assume the deliverer gets most of the fee and if not that's between the driver and his/her employer. I typically allot about $3 for the delivery and if $1.25 goes to the fee then the driver gets $1.75. Most orders are about $20+tip for 2 pizzas.

Posted by: Deliverycharge ()
Date: January 21, 2011 01:03AM

Most people believe the delivery charge is for the driver, and is just a way to protect against people who don't tip at all. So drivers should do a better job of letting people know they don't see a penny of that money.

Posted by: Maria Fartaroma ()
Date: January 21, 2011 07:06AM

I stopped buying over-priced pizzas two years ago. Everybody else would be wise to stop paying for that SHIT too. Fuck Those Delivery Places!

Posted by: Roni ()
Date: January 29, 2011 11:50PM

Just so you are aware, that 2.00 delivery charge doesn't go to the driver. It goes to the store only. The driver only gets .19 cents each run, no matter how many miles from the store they may travel. That is all. Your tips is what helps the driver maintain the vehicle from excess use so they can keep their job. And they get paid 2.75 under minimum wage as well. So if you do not tip them, also expect they could break down trying to deliver your food or run out of gas cuz that's what those tips help drivers do.

Posted by: James Wilson ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:30AM

No way man! 95% of the time we get 1-2 deliveries at a time. Every now and then I will take 3, but that's if it's really busy.

Posted by: James W ()
Date: January 31, 2011 03:05AM

I agree, however I just can't stop shaking those 2 liter sodas when I know they are not going to tip.

Posted by: jr ()
Date: February 04, 2011 08:19PM

I am an engineering student with a 3.8 avg. I go to a private university paying 18000$ a semester.

I work part time delivering pizzas.

We do NOT take more than 2 deliveries at the same time. It is usually 1 delivery per trip.

For customers who TIP, you guyz understand the concept of "why should a person TIP".. WE thank you all for you gratuity. It is highly appreciated from us.

For customers who DO NOT TIP, just wanted to say... It is OKAY and we expect it to happen occasionaly.. We just ignore it. DO NOT have the time to keep thinking about it. HAVE other deliveries to make. Maybe you are having a hard time. Or the little bit that you do TIP is probably because thats the best you could do.

We do not modify your pizza in anyway or knowingly try to delay it for the next time, Just because you did not tip us.

We always try to get you the pizza in the shortest time possible and to the highest standards you would expect it to be.

But for those grimy swines WHO DO NOT TIP because you feel that we need not be compensated for putting in the effort and risk in delivering pizzas efficiently. There is no point in you guyz staying alive in this world.

FOr those who treat delivery drivers with no respect. You are nothing but loads of scumbags.

We have a better education and more money than what you do, and come from well respected family. knowing how to deal with people and places according to what is acceptable to the society.

Delivery Drivers are Not there to give you a BAD Experience- But to give what you WAnt in the shortest time Possible.

Delivery CHARGE is NOT a part of the TIP. It goes totally to the store(store owners). For paying the drivers. 4$/Hr.

DO tip the Drivers GOOD. We greatly appreciate that and will always be thankful.

That is how we get paid. Even if you dont, IT IS OKAY. All we expect is to be treated with respect.

Thank YOu

Posted by: Domino's guy ()
Date: February 14, 2011 05:00PM

I work at domino's pizza, and although the insiders make all the food and only get paid minimum wage (which is why some people decide to tip at the counter) Any "Tipping jar" is against Corporate company policy. So if they have one and you don't like it just notify corporate, and you may even receive a free pie.

Posted by: scarlette ()
Date: February 24, 2011 11:25PM

your a piece of fucking shit....snail shit...really low kind of shit...cum sucker

Posted by: YouShouldTip ()
Date: February 25, 2011 12:25AM

jr Wrote:

>
> For customers who DO NOT TIP, just wanted to
> say... It is OKAY and we expect it to happen
> occasionaly.. We just ignore it. DO NOT have the
> time to keep thinking about it. HAVE other
> deliveries to make. Maybe you are having a hard
> time. Or the little bit that you do TIP is
> probably because thats the best you could do.
>
> We do not modify your pizza in anyway or knowingly
> try to delay it for the next time, Just because
> you did not tip us.
>
>

That may be the case where you delivered but I worked at a big chain part time for 3 years and habitual "no tippers" did get treated differently. Their pizza would go to the back of the line and always be last and some drivers did "mess" with the pizzas.

....this is definitely true if you don't tip during a snow storm.

Posted by: pizza driver in college ()
Date: March 07, 2011 11:18PM

at least $3 per delivery you moron, in addition to delivery charge.
-0-, get real, see who gets the pizza delivered timely next time.
by the way, the good drivers get the customers that tip, the new drivers that drop your pizza in the puddle get the cheapskates, like you.
$3 is just the base, too, more if the percentage suggests higher.

Posted by: Kevin8594 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:40PM

I'm sorry but I WILL NOT tip as I do in a sit down restaurant. There is several differences in these jobs! I still tip $2 standard unless its bad service then I let them keep the change. If its real bad I won't take it and tell them to take it back. (This has only happened once) Your telling me that I'm supposed to tip the same for a guy that grabs pizzas sits in a car drives to my house and drops it off as the person who is running there ass off during dinner rush back and forth making several trips for drinks/refills taking my order bringing me my order getting me my condiments when I forgot to ask for them bringing me my check cleaning up a drink when I spill it? And if just ONE of these several services isn't done in a timely manner and with a smile on there face it effects their tip. Servers also have to share a percentage of their tips with the hosts. Also I get to tip AFTER I eat my food and you know just as well as I do (for example) if your steak tastes like crap your not going to tip as well. Well if I tip this guy 15 or 20% and my pizza is light on cheese or meat etc. its to late I just gave the guy my money. No I think the being a server sounds like A LOT more work and deserves a better tip!! Quit saying the delivery service charge doesn't go to them we get it you've said it 100 times. "Oh but the wear and tear on there car" Its a part of the job! I do residential construction and drive my truck to the job site everyday even when they are outside of town and the homeowner/builder sure don't tip me for that. "But they aren't even paid minimum wage" well its very simple IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Like ummm I don't know GET A DIFFERENT FUCKING JOB!! Most (I did say most not all) people that deliver pizzas do that for a reason they are to lazy to do a real job that involves labor. Don't give me this I'm in college or any other crap like that we have college kids that work for us part time. If you need a part time job in evening there are tons of jobs that don't get paid under minimum wage that are part time evening jobs. Its very simple they pay drivers that because drivers will work for that. It all comes back to supply and demand. And don't give me that spit in my food crap does it happen...of course it does. It happens if you tip good or not people are just that messed up in the head out there. I always glance my pizza over and look. Spit would be pretty obvious on pizza. It would just sit on top of the cheese, the sauce is underneath. And you can't mix it in it would be dead obvious when the cheese is swirled around! I always have and always will say $2 max down from there! If you don't like it go get another job!!

Posted by: Carryout tips? ()
Date: April 16, 2011 04:25PM

Restaurant workers:

Please advise on whether customers should/do tip for carry-out orders--and if so, how much?

Just want to be conscientious...

Posted by: bill ()
Date: April 26, 2011 08:31AM

the driver only gets 1$ of the delivery charge which probably isn't enough gas to get to your house.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: October 18, 2011 06:47PM

Used to be a driver Wrote:
> Anyone who can't tip at least $4 should just not
> order a pizza. Drivers have to pay for their own
> gas, and the $2 charge does not go to the driver.
> They typically get fifty cents a delivery, which
> in most cases doesn't even cover their gas. Rule
> of thumb should be tip a minimum of $4 and an
> extra dollar for every mile over four miles to
> your house. 1-4 miles is a $4 tip then go up from
> there. If you can't afford to tip the driver go
> get the pizza yourself. I think its worst an extra
> $5 to sit on the couch and have my dinner
> delivered to my door. Furthermore, I would always
> give coupons or discount cards to people that were
> good tippers, so it pays to tip well.

When does it cost this much to go 4 miles in gas? An extra $1 for every mile? Wtf for? They drive a max 5-28 miles for often more than one pizza. People say you are paying for the car, insurance, gas?? EVERYONE is supposed to have insurance. Since when does a car get 6 miles per gallon? Pay for the gas??? Wtf is this a trucking company even they dont pay over full!

12 miles driven total with most lilky 2-5 more orders in same area. Thats at least 9 bucks in tips for 16 miles of gas in a car that probably gets 25miles per gallon.

I have a traveling job but I don't expect people to pay me for my driving, gas, insurance, and my car. Tipping is out of hand with all this "they spit in your food" they paid low bs.

I have had hard jobs I have had low paying jobs but for people to get paid more because they hold more food or they drove 4 miles is retarded. Wtf should I pay for your job.??... "the foods cheaper" No it is not.

"You never had a job like this" Yes I have many.. and I find it an easy way to make a $100 every day in just tips ALONE... If I had a normal minimum wage job which would of had the same or more difficulty I would only get LESS THAN HALF OF THAT. WHY? why should someone who works the same or even harder be given less because what they do does not have "TIPS"???? but is the same type of hard work or even worse.

I just cant expect tips feel like I am BS people.

Even after all this I still tip but not on plain stupidity. 1$ more every mile or if they have another pizza in hand thats an extra $1? Why? that extra pound too much work? I tip on SERVICE, Speed, quality, how fast, length of drive, etc. I do not just give 20%. Why don't we just tip everyone? The janitors at stores, the dishwashers in the back?, the mail man who has to walk? Really its out of hand.. Tips started long ago in a time and price that was appropriate now its just a way to make extra cash and for companies to pay less.

Like with the hidden delivery charge at checkout on pizza that is not even for a tip... Or how tips paid before you get your pizza... Why not just make it auto in bill if thats what we are doing now? Tips before service... what does tip mean to the companies like pizza hut that do this exactly?

Posted by: Tony ()
Date: June 08, 2012 02:56PM

2$ is a perfectly fine tip.

Posted by: pizzadriver22 ()
Date: September 13, 2012 10:25PM

A couple other things to consider, Drivers remember who tip good, I used to work for pizza hut and I remembered A.) who the people who tipped good were, and B.) the people who tipped little (less then a dollar) to nothing. Even if address A was supposed to be delivered first, if they were in the people I remembered that dont tip, addresses B and C would be delivered first. Also, Drivers often times take phone orders while they are not on the road. I remembered people who tipped well, and funny how for them I noticed that what they ordered lined up with a special we had and they ended up getting their order cheaper.

Posted by: college kid ()
Date: September 13, 2012 10:38PM

me and some of my friends on campus use to think it was hilarious to order a pizza to the front of the dorm building and while the guy was bring the pizza through the building, we would usually have one friend go and look in his car for any cash he had stashed on hiim. they say they dont carry money but thats bullshit, they have personal shit in their cars... over the span of 2 semesters we jacked over $950 in cash, 1 set of 12" subwoofers , 2 long boards, a pair of court side jordans and a ccollectable bon jovi vinyl album

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: September 14, 2012 11:15AM

Dominoes. They used have employees jizzin on pizzas and flickin boogers on Pepperoni. I'll pass on Dominoes....Papa Johns or Vocelli's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 11:15AM by Ahmayzin.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: September 14, 2012 05:29PM

I give the pizza guy ten and then tell him to "keep the change, ya filthy animal"

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 14, 2012 05:49PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> I give the pizza guy ten and then tell him to
> "keep the change, ya filthy animal"

Lame.

Posted by: DominosDriver ()
Date: December 09, 2012 06:11AM

All right. Another driver to set the record straight.

First off: My hourly wage on the road is $4.50. The franchise owner gets away with this via a tax loophole, a 'tips credit.' This allows him or her to claim that they don't have to pay drivers full minimum wage because of the tips they make. About half of the time this is justified.

Second: On an average day, a delivery driver will only spend about half of his or her shift getting paid full minimum wage. This equates to (at least in my case) about $26-30 per shift in hourly wages, and mind you that's before taxes obviously. My paychecks are only about $300 each, for two weeks of work, or $150 per week.

Third: A driver in any sizable town or small city does A LOT of driving. I've only been working as a driver for about 9 months so far, and I've already put on 15K miles on my vehicle. I've had to replace the full set of tires, the front rotors and brake pads, the spark plugs, the windshield (fractured while working), and I've spent an approximate $2000 extra just on gas and regular maintenance.

Think about that. Just in keeping my car running, I've spent close to $4K,
and it hasn't even been a full year yet. This doesn't even touch on the cost
of inspection, registration, insurance, etc.

Fourth: Working delivery isn't nearly as leisurely as some of you make it out to be.

Most people want their order in at least half an hour. Let me tell you what
each delivery typically entails: a 5-10 mile roundtrip, risking traffic
tickets left and right, having at least one near-collision because some
idiot thinks he's entitled to cut me off, driving the whole way knowing
that I have to lay down and take whatever other drivers decide to shat on
me or else they'd call in and complain (for which I would get a write-up),
and in general just having the fact hanging over my head that I have to
deal with all this and get you your order on time, or the possibility of
any tip at all goes right out the window.

Heck, sometimes I do everything perfectly, even dealing with all of this
stress, and still get stiffed (my current daily rate, I get stiffed on 25%
of all orders on the average day.) And mind you, I have never...NEVER,
been rude with a customer, NOR WILL I EVER do something so disgusting as
adding bodily fluids or anything to the food. The very idea sickens me.

Fifth: While I agree it is justified in reducing the tip amount if a driver is late, you have to look at the circumstances.

One day at work, and this day I could swear I was working in a watery hell,
it was raining so intensely that most of the streets were flooded. Now
as everyone knows, places specialize in or offer food delivery almost
always get slammed on rainy days. People just don't feel like going out.
Now something few of you may know, where I live and work there is an air
force base, and the trainees are not permitted to be outside during storms.
Exactly why this is, I'm not sure. To get to the point though, most of the
day we were so slammed that each and every driver took an average of about
5 or more orders per run, with those runs already running 15-30 minutes
later than they should have been. Many customers that day elected to stiff
their drivers, in spite of the overwhelming combination of labor shortage
and demand surplus. This was in no justified.

On the other hand, if you order on an average or slow day, and your driver goes about your delivery with a substandard performance due to choice, stiff the bastard. No one deserves a handout without giving something in return. Anyway, my point here being that you can't just say, "You're late," and not tip just for the sake of being cheap. You have to make a rational decision based on the circumstances, and adjust your tip accordingly.

So just a rule of thumb: (1) Your driver is polite, (2) Your order is on time or early, (3) Your order is made correctly and is still fresh...tip, $3-4 is the average. Your driver will remember you in a positive light.

Posted by: DominosDriver ()
Date: December 09, 2012 06:27AM

Just to clarify on my section about the air-force trainees, when they are not allowed to go outside they order massive quantities of delivery. You see the dormitory buildings where they live do not contain mess halls; that is in a separate building altogether. So when it rains, they can't get to the mess hall, and order delivery instead.

Date: December 09, 2012 11:51AM

I don't understand.. pizza delivery guys complain about all the risks and how little they get paid, yet continue to do it for a living.

Posted by: Pete Zah ()
Date: December 09, 2012 12:24PM

Ten dollars, usually. Sometimes seven, if I'm short on cash.

...And always tip the driver at the door, cash. If you're ordering online, don't include the tip. Tip at the door. Make someone's day. I love to see the look on a young pizza delivery boy (or girl's) face when I pull out that crisp, clean ten dollar bill.

Posted by: Dom-Driver ()
Date: December 29, 2012 05:03AM

Kevin8549.... fuck you!

Now that that's out of the way, let me say that I actually like my job. I deliver for Domino's and have been there for a few years now. The main problem with deliveries isn't that the wage is low, it's that it's a standard, universal wage for every driver in the store. For example, I work my ass off and get the same pay as the "pulse with a car" that doesn't do shit but take deliveries and complain about tips. Kevin seems to think that this is what all delivery drivers are like. We just sit around while in the store and wait to get back into our cars and drive around... That's not how it goes man. Good employees are constantly rotating to answer phones, grab the cut table, do dishes when there's a break in the rush, keep the store swept and tidy, not to mention helping to ring up carryout customers and in some cases dealing with customer complaints. I can assure that waiters aren't in the back washing their own dishes and plating their own meals to bring out. Good drivers do a lot of work behind the scenes for minimum wage. I frequently get tips from carryout customers for this very reason....they come in and realize that I'm the same guy that usually delivers their pizzas and I'm in the store doing the job of 3 people and not just standing around on my smartphone facebooking.

I'm also pretty surprised that nobody has mentioned that it's a good idea to adjust your tip according to the time of day you place your order. I.E.: If you order 10 minutes before we close, hook it up! It's not like you are holding us up for only 10 minutes. You are delaying the whole process of breaking down the make-line and washing the last of the cut-table dishes/utensils. THis delays when you can start or (hopefully by this point in the night) finish sweeping and mopping. Essentially, we could go from being able to walk out the door at 11:15 and end up being their till midnight instead. If you do this, don't insult me with 2 dollars....Keep your money and take your ass to sheetz next time.

Also, HOW FAR ARE YOU FROM THE STORE?!? If you live in the apartments right across the street from the store, 2 dollars is more than ok with me, and I appreciate it. If you live so far away that you wouldn't go hop in your car and drive to the store yourself for the amount of tip you are about to give, then it's probably not enough. (If I told you over the phone i'd give YOU 2 dollars to come pick up your order and you decline, realize that I probably feel the same way about that 2 dollars)

I realize some people would say, "But that's your fucking job!" And yes, it is. But that doesn't mean I don't have a sense of self-worth. If you live at the very edge of our delivery zone, you order ten minutes before close, and then proceed to give me a shitty tip, i'm not going to be thrilled about it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be super polite, smile, and say thank you. Like I said from the start, I actually like my job. I love driving my Subaru around and I'd like to continue to do so and get paid for it.

Posted by: Mister lariea ()
Date: December 29, 2012 05:13AM

I don't know why you didn't get a better tip. My only guess is that you're a dick.

How many tapout tattoos do you have on you?

Posted by: LOLz ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:45AM

Mister lariea Wrote:
> I don't know why you didn't get a better tip. My
> only guess is that you're a dick.
>
> How many tapout tattoos do you have on you?
>
>

OMFG, this is cracking me up

SFF (so fucking funny)

I'm 10

Posted by: butchie ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:10PM

zero? you cheap ass, go get your own pizza. The drivers earn LESS than minimum wage and only get a portion of the delivery charge. And they provide their labor and all transportation costs - which for you simpletons, is far more than just gas. Add in oil changes, brakes, tires and other repairs at $60/hour for a mechanic, which occur far more frequently than with normal driving. Add to that the driver hustling to bring hot food to your door; that's worth at least a $3-4 tip if you live close to the store. Quit hating on your fellow American working stiffs you cheap POS!

Posted by: puddly ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:15PM

Have you searched the job market lately? I have a college degree in journalism, but since the average newspaper is in decline or out of business, jobs in that field pay less than an average pizza driver salary. It's gotten really tough for a lot of us to make a living in this land of outsourced jobs.

Posted by: puddly ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:22PM

I've delivered pizzas for domino's, pizza hut, several indy stores and NONE of them paid minimum wage - they all pay close or at the state minimum for tipped employees. Opeating a car is expensive - if you're too cheap to throw a respectable tip then go pick it up yourself. We deserve to make a livable wage like anyone else

Posted by: mook ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:26PM

With gas at 4 bucks a gallon, mechanics at 60 bucks an hour, tires at 100 bucks apiece, it's difficult to make a living when you get paid less than min. wage and are forced to claim a "tip credit" the difference between the wage you're paid and the minimum wage you claim in tips drives your tax rate up to wipe out a good chunk of your paycheck. Tips are very important to drivers.

Posted by: joeblowme ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:30PM

I hope you get caught and go to jail - or get the shit kicked out of you by the driver you thieving, low-life POS. Let me guess: you flunked out of college.

Posted by: yer name ()
Date: January 01, 2013 10:36PM

You tip drivers because the other people don't have the kinds of expenses drivers do. How many janitors get robbed on the job? Lots of drivers do. How many get paid less than minimum wage? You tip because you're showing gratitude for a guy hustling hot food to your door and paying all the transportation costs. Why do 75% of blacks stiff the driver every time?

Posted by: KYLIE ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:46PM

No Meara Wrote:
> Booze and other refreshments would probably be
> appreciated.

Posted by: Dummy Ho's Pizza ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:51PM

Don't tip eesh at all.

Posted by: Tipper Gore ()
Date: January 03, 2013 03:06PM

I throw at least $10 at a driver every time. AT LEAST. Show some respect.

Posted by: Heatherwinnemore ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:39PM

I always tip five bucks.....for pretty much everything and anything i order to be delivered lol.

Posted by: pizza vet ()
Date: January 22, 2013 11:28AM

Heather
You are so right. I have worked at Dominos for a dozen years. I get so mad at the people standing around talking or texting. I have to run to the back and
wash dishes as fast as I can between runs or it will cost me at least an extra
hour to close. As far as tips go, please, everyone tip your driver. So many people don't that it will help offset the selfish non-tippers. Any size tip helps, but please realise that in 2013 if our tip average is only 2 dollars per delivery, then we will have to find another job very quickly. Three fifty per
delivery average is where I calculate that I am paying my bills. Most of us full timers live very humble lives. Me and my fellow drivers at my store would never think of spitting in your food. We would not make your pizza late but we would reward the known tippers by delivering to them first from time to time.
Usually not though. Remember we want to get it to your door as fast as we can
if only because the faster we do that, the more runs we make and more tips we get. I usually don't concern myself with who does or does not tip, since many times people who you think will not tip will surprise you by tipping well and sometimes the known tippers will send teenagers to the door with the money and in that case its usually bye bye tip. Parents, if you want the pizza guy to get a tip, then holler to the driver how much to keep or else your kid will probably keep it. This is based on my sad experience of 12 years. This goes especially if you are not there and its a credit card slip with a place to write in the tip. Anyway, the reason I tip if I am at a resturant is different then alot of people. I tip because I know they need it to survive. Sometime the kitchen at a resturant is messing up and it's not the waiter's fault. Sorry to have gone on so long. I have many stories. LOL I was robbed at gunpoint twice.

Posted by: drivers ()
Date: February 15, 2013 02:54AM

hi everybody .drivers have familys too and sure kids . what can I do if i can not find a better job? so thay use there car , and working seriously!!! for 5 dollars in one hour! so be social and tip the driver !delivery charge ist maximum 1 dollar for driver so if no tip just 6 bucks minus gas , tires , oil etc... so guys who will work for 5 bucks ? so pls tip drivers ! any pizzeria do so! drivers wash for you too and do a lot !!!! everything allmost!

Posted by: 5 dollars ()
Date: October 19, 2021 05:19PM

5 dollars.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.