HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: NHL Lockout Over. Capitals 2013 Season
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 01, 2013 02:03PM

This team is finding new ways to disappoint. The most penalized team in the league? At least they lead the league in something! Plus they really are getting lots of practice on the PK and it shows, much better than a few games ago. Still, most penalized team in the league? Yes, it’s that bad.

Things are worse than I thought. I like the guy and still think he’ll be a good NHL coach but Oates isn’t getting it done. The lines he is sending out there are baffling. MJ90 needs to sit when Brooks comes back. It’s easy to blame the coach as it's obvious there is a problem but I feel like I have to cut him some slack because 6 days of training camp for an inexperienced coach to get prepared for a very fast moving NHL season was just asking for trouble.

What’s wrong with Ovi is anyone’s guess but I thought this article from ESPN was worth a read.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8902951/washington-capitals-alex-ovechkin-wants-win-figure-out

Excerpt: "Of course, when you have six games and only two points [one goal, one assist] and the team is struggling to win, I keep asking myself, 'What do I have to do better?'" Ovechkin said before Thursday nights game where he scored a power-play goal. "I talked to Adam about it. He just said to continue to play. Every game I have chances, of course it's not like five or six chances, it's one or two chances, but I have to score goals. That's my job. That's why I get paid."

Sounds like complaining to me. Not sure I blame him playing with Beagle and Crabb but half the time he appears to be loafing so making excuses doesn’t strike me as a bright idea. Agree that it appears to be about effort. From midway through the second to when they gave up the lead in the third they were outplayed. Toronto skated harder and pinned them in their own end, while the Caps offence did nothing. Then, they're forced to go hunting for goals and we see Reimer giving up massive rebounds and the Leafs scrambling. This is all about effort. They players can say that the PKs wore them out early, but that just goes back to the numerous dumb penalties they took.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 01, 2013 07:08PM

Ribs and Ovi together.

But there's a catch, he's a RW. Goes back to the RW tonight, skating with Mike Ribeiro and Wojtek Wolski.

Glad the lines are being adjusted but I thought the RW experiament with Ovi was done. Also, why Wolski and not Ward? Holtby in net.

I'm not seeing a win tonight. Or Sunday for that matter.

Posted by: Solar CoAsTeR ()
Date: February 02, 2013 08:48AM

That was a sweet win! The Poke check at the blue line and Backstrom was off to the races. Bryzgalov looks vulnerable on the backhand shot. The Flyers were just as sloppy if not more so than the Caps with bad line changes and general malaise. BRIERE cant do it ALL for you guys! Glad to see some fight in the boys! Hendricks and erskine taking the brawl to the Broad street bullie was awesome! If the Caps want character they can be the CHarlestown Chiefs of the East if they want. Score goals AND act like the Hanson brothers unleashed!

Posted by: Duck Hunt ()
Date: February 03, 2013 01:46PM

Caps 2 Pens 2. I have grown to LOVE this annual smackdown between these teams on Superbowl Sunday, I hope the Caps smack Sidney Crybaby around and leave him with a big fat LOSER Like they did in the winter Classic. TOO bad Steckel aint around anymore to smack Sid the whiny baby kid to the ice again.

Posted by: Fed Up Fan ()
Date: February 03, 2013 03:17PM

Fans should seriously just rise up and lynch general manager McPhee for 15 years of falure. Meanwhile fatass AOL scam artist Ted Leonsis sits there and does nothing.

Date: February 03, 2013 05:14PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not seeing a win tonight. Or Sunday for that
> matter.

I tried the reverse juju, it almost work! 1 for 2 isn't bad.

What is wrong with Holtby? 6 goals on 20 shots is not good. Doubt we see another start from him for some time.

Posted by: Caps Jihadist ()
Date: February 03, 2013 06:35PM

I dunno'...it's easy to say this is the worst season in team history because the wound is so fresh but, this is a disaster. Was it a choke job that the 1997-1998 squad got swept in the Cup finals? I don't think so, because that Detroit roster might have been one of the best hockey teams in the history of the game.

We watched Caps teams through the late 80's and early 90's struggle, struggle, struggle...come up short and we'd all look at each other and say, "See you next year." Fans were disappointed but, in the back of our minds we told ourselves those teams were overachievers, living on a prayer and so forth...Hell, John Druce still holds the frachise record for goals in a playoff year and he's third in NHL history for goals in one playoff series.

But this...what we're watching now...this 2012-2013 Washington Capitals team is underachieving in a way we have NEVER seen a hockey do in this town. There is still time. There is still time to turn it around. And I still believe if they can find a way to play their VERY BEST hockey, they could be unstoppable. But for reasons unclear to me, they aren't playing well and they aren't motivated.

Chris Kunitz is a fine player...but you can't let a guy like that score 3 goals on 3 shots no less...in your barn.

Posted by: HAHAHAHAHA ()
Date: February 03, 2013 09:35PM

Duck Hunt Wrote:
> Caps 2 Pens 2. I have grown to LOVE this annual
> smackdown between these teams on Superbowl Sunday,
> I hope the Caps smack Sidney Crybaby around and
> leave him with a big fat LOSER Like they did in
> the winter Classic. TOO bad Steckel aint around
> anymore to smack Sid the whiny baby kid to the ice
> again.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: February 04, 2013 11:25AM

Blow it up

Date: February 04, 2013 01:19PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> I dunno'...it's easy to say this is the worst
> season in team history because the wound is so
> fresh but, this is a disaster. Was it a choke job
> that the 1997-1998 squad got swept in the Cup
> finals? I don't think so, because that Detroit
> roster might have been one of the best hockey
> teams in the history of the game.
>
> We watched Caps teams through the late 80's and
> early 90's struggle, struggle, struggle...come up
> short and we'd all look at each other and say,
> "See you next year." Fans were disappointed but,
> in the back of our minds we told ourselves those
> teams were overachievers, living on a prayer and
> so forth...Hell, John Druce still holds the
> frachise record for goals in a playoff year and
> he's third in NHL history for goals in one playoff
> series.
>
> But this...what we're watching now...this
> 2012-2013 Washington Capitals team is
> underachieving in a way we have NEVER seen a
> hockey do in this town. There is still time. There
> is still time to turn it around. And I still
> believe if they can find a way to play their VERY
> BEST hockey, they could be unstoppable. But for
> reasons unclear to me, they aren't playing well
> and they aren't motivated.
>
> Chris Kunitz is a fine player...but you can't let
> a guy like that score 3 goals on 3 shots no
> less...in your barn.

I wasn’t paying attention in the mid 70’s but when the Caps started out as an expansion team they were horrible. Like, worst in the league horrible. I don’t imagine this season will end up that way though they could easily miss the playoffs. This team seems to have taken Boudreau’s defense and Hunter’s offense and mixed the worst of both coaches. At 2-6-1, with the shortened season, I’m officially concerned and hitting the panic button. I understand learning a new system with no preseason to speak of will cause some issues, but as you said, it appears to be more about effort. While we’ve seen some improvement in that department, it hasn’t been for a whole 60 minutes. I’m specifically worried about Backstrom, the guy looks like he’s just trying to get off the ice before getting scored on. What’s that all about?

I will say that none of this is Ribeiro’s fault. Guy has been playing hard and getting it done. Which is an interesting thing, because he’s new to the system too. Why is he able to step his game up while the guys who’ve been on the team for years can’t seem to? Something is wrong with that locker room, and it’s only logical to look at the guy wearing the C.

Does it bother anyone else that after the last couple of loses Oates talks about how well the team played? I can see that they’re giving more effort, but it’s not something to compliment. They SHOULD be giving an effort. They SHOULD be motivated. If anything, the way they’ve played the last few games is just a reminder of how little effort they were giving before. Barf.

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Blow it up

I wouldn’t say blow it up, but this season may very well be looked back on as a rebuilding year.

Date: February 05, 2013 06:08PM

here are tonight's lines (with Michal Neuvirth in net):

Wojtek Wolski - Mike Ribeiro - Alex Ovechkin
Jason Chimera - Nicklas Backstrom - Troy Brouwer
Marcus Johansson - Joey Crabb - Joel Ward
Matt Hendricks - Jay Beagle - Eric Fehr

Karl Alzner - Mike Green
Tom Poti - John Carlson
Jeff Schultz - Tomas Kundratek

Crabb at center with Ward on the 3rd line is weird. Might as well keep tweaking them, nothing has worked real well so far.

Date: February 05, 2013 07:10PM

Neuvirth in net means the Caps have a decent chance at a win. Not a great chance but a better chance than with Hotlby in net. Tonight is the night they get a W and turn this season around. Ovechkin has to regain his scoring touch. This aint the KHL OV. Not easy or any gimmie goals. Get to scoring. Good to see Ovi with those other guys on a line. Maybe they can generate something. LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 05, 2013 09:33PM

Duck Hunt Wrote:
> Neuvirth in net means the Caps have a decent
> chance at a win. Not a great chance but a better
> chance than with Hotlby in net.

Almost. Neuvy had a bad/soft goal. Caps played hard and brought more offensive zone pressure, just wasn't enough. They lost to the Leafs, twice. It's getting hard to stay positive. Be nice to have a goalie that could get a shutout once in a while. So frustrating.

Posted by: Real Caps Fan ()
Date: February 05, 2013 09:37PM

George McPhee needs to be shot....literally.

Date: February 06, 2013 10:26AM

There is enough blame to go around but GMGM deserves a bunch of it.

Fewer points than any team in the league. I don't see them going on a tear and winning back all the games they've lost to move up in the standings. The effort has been there the last few games but so far no results and it's hurting their confidence.

Caps get a win tomorrow tonight and I'll be impressed. That said, I'm not going to hold my breath, expecting another loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 12:42PM by More Complete.

Date: February 06, 2013 10:58AM

Oats cant last much longer. I say he get fired at the end of this "Season" Last place in the NHL? UNACCEPTABLE! The Penguins are going to Spank them on their home ice like they Spanked them at Verizon center. (i refuse to call it the Phone booth). There is NO excuse for a team as talented as the Caps to be THIS FUCKING BAD!

Date: February 07, 2013 02:16PM

More Penguins tonight if they lose this game, just blow the team up.

Could the problem with Oats be that he tinkers with the lines way to much? I know its a short season but has he used the same line up twice yet?

Date: February 07, 2013 09:40PM

The Team is officially dead. The Caps season is OVER. Im just wondering if they they are sucking for Luck Kind of thing.

Date: February 07, 2013 10:09PM

Worst team in the league. Period. Fire McPhee.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: February 07, 2013 10:21PM

this
Attachments:
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

Date: February 08, 2013 07:04AM

I think i might have over paid for the Panthers game tomorrow night. Going through Stub hub they ended up being $60/ea. Stub hub charges way to much but i hate chasing people down via craigslist.

Date: February 09, 2013 09:34PM

5-0 FIVE TO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY BACK?

Date: February 09, 2013 09:53PM

Hay Zeus, you picked a hell of a game to go to! Mind going to the rest of the home games to keep this thing going? ;P

I don't think they're back Solar CoAsTer, but some adjustments have been made and we finaly got to see a 60 minute effort from our boys. The Panthers suck but it was all Caps, all night. No soft goals or dumb penalties at the wrong time to deflate the team (for once) and they got rolling. 5-0 shutout win should be good for some momentum but they have a 3 game road trip ahead and A LOT to prove.

Will Oates stop messing with the lines so much now?

Date: February 10, 2013 10:56AM

They play the Panthers again on Tuesday. If beating up on another crummy team in their division is all the medicine they need to start a winning streak then I am all for it. It was cool that they beat a former Caps Goalie as well. Theodore may not be on the top of his game but hey 5-0 is a blow out by any measure. Im not saying they are ready for a rematch with the Penguins but the Devils beat them recently and knocked them out of first. Ovi actually scored on an even strength goal which stresses the importance of face off wins. Wish Steckel was still around to get those all the time. Oh well. Ward needs to keep up the torrid scoring pace. Its like night and day with this guy from last year so good for him. Hope this winning streak continues!

Date: February 11, 2013 11:03AM

Hey beating the snot out of a crappy team is better than just sqeaking by.

I was almost regretting going to that game and because the Caps scored 5 goals, everyone got free chicken wings!

Remember this is the NHL, 50% of the league makes the playoffs, they don't have to be the best team in the League just slightly above .500.

Date: February 11, 2013 01:52PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> I was almost regretting going to that game and
> because the Caps scored 5 goals, everyone got free
> chicken wings!

I heard about that. Where do you get them? In the Verizon center? A certain restaurant?

Date: February 11, 2013 03:31PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Hay Zeus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was almost regretting going to that game and
> > because the Caps scored 5 goals, everyone got
> free
> > chicken wings!
>
> I heard about that. Where do you get them? In the
> Verizon center? A certain restaurant?

Glory Days. The tickets doesnt really specify how long the validation period is, if you have to order anything else along with them or how many.

Date: February 12, 2013 10:12AM

Thanks. Found it...

When the CAPS score 5 or more goals at any home game, those in attendance can redeem their your ticket stub or seat locator tab at Glory Days Grill for free wings.

Choose from 8 GRILLED boneless wings, 8 boneless wings or 6 chicken wings.

* Offer valid for seven days after the game. Limit one order per person, per your ticket stub or seat locator tab. One order of free wings per person, per visit. A minimum purchase is required.

Date: February 12, 2013 01:39PM

"Highly-touted Capitals prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov has made his decision to remain in the KHL official and signed a new two-year contract with Traktor Chelyabinsk.
he was “not ready to go to the NHL right now” and that he wanted to remain in Russia through the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. the Capitals retain his NHL negotiating rights."

WTF are we waiting on this clown for? Why dont we Trade his rights to someone else for someone who will help us NOW? He is a prospect, yes a Very good one. but one that CLEARLY does NOT want to play in North America for another two fucking years! He could get hurt or lose a step in getting all those KHL games or Olympics games. GMGM needs to trade someone NOW for his contract.

Date: February 12, 2013 01:50PM

Caps look to keep the same line combos tonight. This may be the first time they've had the same lines since the start of the season!

Chimera-Ribeiro-Ovechkin
Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer
Fehr-Perreault-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Green
Erskine-Carlson
Schultz-Kundratek

Guessing Holtby stays in goal as well. I think people may look back and wonder why Oates kept Ovi with Crabb and Beagle on the top line for so long when it obviously wasn’t working. Baffling.

Date: February 12, 2013 02:06PM

Duck Hunt Wrote:
> "Highly-touted Capitals prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov
> has made his decision to remain in the KHL
> official and signed a new two-year contract with
> Traktor Chelyabinsk.
> he was “not ready to go to the NHL right now”
> and that he wanted to remain in Russia through the
> 2014 Olympics in Sochi. the Capitals retain his
> NHL negotiating rights."
>
>
> WTF are we waiting on this clown for? Why dont we
> Trade his rights to someone else for someone who
> will help us NOW? He is a prospect, yes a Very
> good one. but one that CLEARLY does NOT want to
> play in North America for another two fucking
> years! He could get hurt or lose a step in
> getting all those KHL games or Olympics games.
> GMGM needs to trade someone NOW for his contract.

I watched some of those KHL games on Comcast or ESPN (Cant remember which) during the lockout and the size of the arens those guys played in looked comparable to what minor league teams here play in.

I don't get this "ready" crap. This is hockey not MLB. He's already 20 years old.
If this kid isnt excited to move up to the next level in hockey after two years, then he probably isn't very competitve and will flame out like Semin. So yeah, its time move on.

Date: February 12, 2013 02:19PM

Duck Hunt Wrote:
> WTF are we waiting on this clown for? Why dont we
> Trade his rights to someone else for someone who
> will help us NOW? He is a prospect, yes a Very
> good one. but one that CLEARLY does NOT want to
> play in North America for another two fucking
> years! He could get hurt or lose a step in
> getting all those KHL games or Olympics games.
> GMGM needs to trade someone NOW for his contract.

Good question. The answer? George McPhee. It’s worse than just Kuznetsov, no one the Caps have drafted since 2009 aside from MoJo, Orlov and Eakin have played a game for them. Kuznetsov and Forsberg (who should be here next season) aren’t here and 2008 first round pick Gustafsson isn’t even in the NHL anymore. That's three first-round picks that have yet to take the ice for the team.

That said, I’m optimistic Forsberg will join the team once he finishes his contract in Sweeden and that Kuznetsov will join the team right after the 2014 Olympics. Which is good because the “young guns” are getting old.

Date: February 12, 2013 05:52PM

Cody Eaken is gone. He was a redhead and a talent but STILL, gone. Orlov hurt. OK fine, cant blame injuries on GMGM but we expect MORE. Dude has had 16 years. Not Sure Leonsis wants him gone ala Snyder and his lap dog of a GM from the past. I heard Locker and JoeB mention it in passing and dont remember who he was traded for....prolly prospects or ribiero....cant remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2013 05:54PM by Duck Hunt.

Date: February 12, 2013 06:49PM

Duck Hunt Wrote:
> Cody Eaken is gone.

Right, that's my point. Bad management. One of only three players that has started since the 2009 draft isn't even on the team anymore!

GMGM has made some good moves and picks in the past, I’ll give him some credit. However, when things start to fall apart like they have this season, you have to look the organization’s management.

Date: February 12, 2013 07:58PM

This game is playing at the pace of an Olympic Exhibition match.

Date: February 12, 2013 08:04PM

1-1 bah I want a blow out damnit! POUR IT ON you BASTERDS!

Date: February 12, 2013 09:54PM

The D got schooled by a 19 year old kid. Blow it up!!!!

Date: February 12, 2013 10:24PM

Dude NICE OT win! 6-5. Ovechkin blasted that dude on the boards then got in a fight. SWEET! LOL at the Panthers. Did you see the seats behind the bench in the first? EMPTY! NOBODY gives a frig about hockey in Florida I guess. Who was that hottie in the ROck the Red Tshirt watching Ovechkin throw down?

Date: February 13, 2013 10:28AM

One more win and its a streak! and they possibly move out of the division basement.

Ovie actually looked motivated to win that game despite being a constant hole. However he still seems half a step to slow from a few years ago.

Although I liked the Ribiero-Chimera-Ovie line i had no problems with swapping Chimera with Hendricks. Hendricks despite being slow footed is good at face offs, has good hands which compliment the speedier wings. The wings can rush up down the boards and Hendricks can just glide around between the blue lines tic-tacking passes and be a pylon in front of the net.

Two games in a row that the offense showed up.

Alzner got his first goal since October of 2011. I have never examined Karl's and have no idea how is game stacks up to other D in the league.

Date: February 13, 2013 10:39AM

Two straight! Things seem to be clicking on the old offense as these guys pick up the system. Power play is looking strong. Defense, not so much. I’m starting to think that Holtby is an average goal tender at best. Is Backstrom ever going to score? Dude has been practically invisible. Tampa Bay on Thursday will be a good measuring stick.

Date: February 13, 2013 11:03AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Hendricks despite being slow footed is
> good at face offs, has good hands which compliment
> the speedier wings. The wings can rush up down the
> boards and Hendricks can just glide around between
> the blue lines tic-tacking passes and be a pylon
> in front of the net.

The Caps need more guys like Hendricks. He may not win many fights but at least he tries. Plus he is money in the bank when it comes to shoot outs.

Date: February 13, 2013 11:12AM

More Complete Wrote:
> Two straight! Things seem to be clicking on the
> old offense as these guys pick up the system.
> Power play is looking strong. Defense, not so
> much. I’m starting to think that Holtby is an
> average goal tender at best. Is Backstrom ever
> going to score? Dude has been practically
> invisible. Tampa Bay on Thursday will be a good
> measuring stick.

I was wondering the same thing. Wonder if his injury from the KHL is hampering his movements and play. dude took a nasty shot and I dont want to raise the Concussion issue just yet but it might be an issue with headaches and dizzyness and blurred vision messing up Backstrom's game.

Date: February 13, 2013 11:12AM

More Complete Wrote:
>
> The Caps need more guys like Hendricks. He may not
> win many fights but at least he tries. Plus he is
> money in the bank when it comes to shoot outs.

Him and Ward, though are not the most talented, leave everything they have on the ice after each game.

Also, I know he is sober but it always looks like he just downed a case of beer before stepping on the ice.

Backstrom plays very tenative. He might be a career 3rd and 4th liner from here on out not ever playing to his full potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 11:13AM by Hay Zeus.

Date: February 15, 2013 10:05AM

They tried to lose that game in the last 5 mins, but thats 3 in a row and a road win against the best team in the East.

Date: February 15, 2013 10:56AM

They need to learn to close teams out but a win is a win. The power play is looking like 2009, awesome.

FEHR!

The system is taking hold but I'm still a little worried about the goal tending.

Date: February 15, 2013 11:09AM

More Complete Wrote:
> They need to learn to close teams out but a win is
> a win. The power play is looking like 2009,
> awesome.

Holtby took a stupid risk on that breakaway. Not sure what Holtby was thinking trying to poke check the puck on the 4th goal. Thompson had control of the puck and lot of speed. Maybe Holtby felt he was flat footed and his only real shot at stopping the shot was charging the puck.

Overall I think the D is to blame for the bad goaltending. They don't seem to fight enough infront of the net and tend watch the other team whack away at loose pucks. They also have let by to many break aways and against the Panthers a 4 on 1 rush. Really 4 on 1??

Date: February 17, 2013 05:44PM

Caps lines for tonight vs Rangers: 25-9-8, 17-19-20, 16-85-42, 26-83-15. Defense: 27-36, 4-74, 3-55. Holtby in goal. Green is out with a lower body injury. Wonder how they will do without him. As pointed out, the defense hasn't exactly been stellar.

Date: February 19, 2013 03:00PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Overall I think the D is to blame for the bad
> goaltending. They don't seem to fight enough
> infront of the net and tend watch the other team
> whack away at loose pucks.

I'm starting to think you're right. Holtby was money the other night. Caps had chances, couldn't get it done.

I think I've also figured out what's wrong with Backstrom, he's playing with Wolski. Nick had at least two perfect passes to the guy and he shot wide of the net both times.

It’s too early to say their out of it, but if they don’t get it together and go on a run, it will be all but over pretty soon.

Date: February 20, 2013 07:25PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> There's a lot of bad blood between BUF and WSH. I
> don't know if it's on the level of PIT, PHI, NYR
> or (when they are good) NYI but with BUF it goes
> back to the '98 Eastern Conference Playoffs.
> Specifically game 2, played in WSH.
>
> Caps dumped the puck in behind Hasek and Petr
> Bondra (of all people) goes roaring in there and
> whether he meant to or not interfered with Hasek
> behind the net. This was the pre-trapezoid era.
> Hasek wasn't knocked down but there should have
> been a penalty called and for once in Washington's
> sports history, one wasn't called. Bondra gathered
> the puck and passed it out front to Todd Krygier
> (a BUF native) who was steaming down the slot for
> basically a wide open goal. This was Lindy Ruff's
> first year in the playoffs with BUF and this game
> by no means decided the series but, Ruff and the
> Sabres just couldn't let it go.
>
> Then a few years ago...Daniel Briere go into it
> with Ovechkin and it just kept coming up over the
> regular season series. I might have this backwards
> but, I think Ovechkin took a few cheap shots and
> then viciously speared Briere in the gut at one
> point. Some of this was called, a lot of it
> wasn't.
>
> Unless there's something else that happens between
> now and Ruff's departure this will all go away
> once Lindy is no longer coaching in BUF. None of
> the players from most of this are there...it's
> really just Ruff trying to settle some seemingly
> unsettle-able score.

Lindy got the ole proverbial axe in Buffalo today, i guess that effectively ends the "rivalry"

Date: February 20, 2013 09:30PM

Lindy was just there too long. I bet he will find work shortly.

Date: February 21, 2013 05:03PM

Looks like no Green tonight. Swear that guy is made of glass. I'm giving the Caps 5 more games to figure it out and go on a roll. If not, no playoffs. Expecting a loss tonight.

Date: February 21, 2013 08:30PM

NHL Round Up:

Blackhawks are still undefeated 13-0-4

Ol'e Bruce has the 2nd best record in the league. Anaheim is 12-2-1 (Best record belongs to Chicago)

In hindsight, giving Bruce the boot might not have been a good move. I miss the go go go vibe guy brought here.

Mr. Semin has 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 pts, no love loss there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 08:35PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: February 21, 2013 09:46PM

Caps lose AGAin Season OVER.

Date: February 21, 2013 10:07PM

Solar CoAsTeR Wrote:
> Caps lose AGAin Season OVER.

They really beat themselves again in the 3rd with stupid penalties. There were virtually two back to back 5 on 3's in the 3rd period. They were lucky to kill the 1st but i knew it was all over when the second one came. Thats to much time defending against a very good team. They were winning for most of the game.

Of course Ovechkin had his best game so far this season. He was making moves, getting open creating opportunities but came up short.

Really cant pin this one on Holtby, the shot count was 13-4 Devils after the first.

Date: February 21, 2013 11:35PM

They have another crack at them on Saturday. Demoralizing loss.They cant continue with the penalties. back to back 5-3's? Come on man! Ovechkin HAS to start scoring.

Date: February 23, 2013 08:55PM

Talk about a big 5-1 win to follow up the wrenching loss against NJD. Ovie had a hat trick and Fehr schooled Hedberg on a dump in.

I missed the game but it looks like they stayed out of the box, Holtby is giving solid play between the pipes and the offense looks motivated.

The Caps are starting to have season like the redskins, just when you want to give up on them they pull one out of their ass to keep you interested for just one more week.

Highlights below.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,250&navid=sb:highlights

Date: February 24, 2013 10:16AM

I dont care who scores a hat trick; I am NOT throwing my expensive ass hats onto the Ice. What do they do with all the hats anyway? They should make the player who scores the hat trick sign them then auction them off for charity or something.

Date: February 24, 2013 10:20AM

1. The players keep them: In many cities, the hats are collected by team staff and presented to the player who scored the hat trick in the dressing room. "If the player who achieved the hat trick wants them, they're his," said Jason Rademan, media relations for the Dallas Stars.

Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals had four hat tricks this season, including one in a Stanley Cup Playoffs classic that also saw rival Sidney Crosby tally one. He's one of the players who checks the hats before they're shipped away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Hockey-mystery-What-happens-to-hats-thrown-for-?urn=nhl,167824

Posted by: Snoozy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 10:22AM

or even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trend is catching on: The Washington Capitals have been saving hats for more than a year now, planning their own transparent bin on the concourse of the Verizon Center in D.C.

"So people can see their hats, and encourage fans to throw more for the next hat trick," said Ewell.

Provided, of course, that Ovechkin doesn't dive in and snag a few for himself.

Date: February 25, 2013 09:46AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> The Caps are starting to have season like the
> redskins, just when you want to give up on them
> they pull one out of their ass to keep you
> interested for just one more week.

No better way to get over a loss than to come out and destroy! Holtby and Ovi are back from the dead. Still wonder where Backstrom is. He looked really slow on Thursday. GMGM needs to lock up Ribero, dude has been the best player on the ice.

Date: February 25, 2013 09:53AM

More Complete Wrote:
>
> No better way to get over a loss than to come out
> and destroy! Holtby and Ovi are back from the
> dead. Still wonder where Backstrom is. He looked
> really slow on Thursday. GMGM needs to lock up
> Ribero, dude has been the best player on the ice.

IMO, Holtby has played reasonably well and the Defense never provided enough support for him.

Ovie has had two solid games in a row, which is great, but not enough to convince me he is "back".

Date: February 25, 2013 11:30AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> IMO, Holtby has played reasonably well and the
> Defense never provided enough support for him.

Agree to an extent. He let in a few softies early on. The defense in front of him has been better but Holtby has been making some highlight worthy saves as well. The one on the penalty shot for example. Looks much closer to the guy we saw in the playoffs last year to me.

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Ovie has had two solid games in a row, which is
> great, but not enough to convince me he is "back".

Well you can’t argue with a hat trick (first in two years) but he still has a lot of season left and a lot to prove. You can certainly see he’s becoming more comfortable in the system and with his linemen. I’m still baffled as to why he was playing with Crabb and Beagle to start the season but I hope he can keep it up. The Caps need him to be great if they are going to have any chance.

I like what Oates is doing on the power play. The plan is simple: Give Ovi room and then get him the puck.

Date: February 25, 2013 12:33PM

More Complete Wrote:
> I’m still baffled as to why he was
> playing with Crabb and Beagle to start the season
> but I hope he can keep it up. The Caps need him to
> be great if they are going to have any chance.

Maybe he thought "If i put Ovie out with 4th liners maybe he will step up his game to carry the line"???

What happened to Caps Jihadist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 12:34PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: February 25, 2013 01:31PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Maybe he thought "If i put Ovie out with 4th
> liners maybe he will step up his game to carry the
> line"???

That’s the only way it makes sense. The lines as they are currently constructed are looking much, much better. Be nice to get Green back. And when the hell is Brooks Laich’s groin to get better? Didn’t EB from the junkies promise to massage it?

> What happened to Caps Jihadist?

Dunno. He’s MIA.

Date: February 26, 2013 12:16PM

Caps have tied up Holtby and Erskine for two years each. Not a bad move if you ask me. Erskine is willing to drop the gloves and Holtby is a young guy with a lot of talent/potential.

If Braden continues to improve, he could be the guy for years to come. Personally, I like the kid and hope that’s the case. He has now started six consecutive games and in those games he has a .926 save percentage, a 2.51 GAA, and is 4-2. Not bad at all.

So Alex Semin comes back to town tonight. I’m guessing it will be one of a few games he will feel like playing. I for one don’t miss him. Apparently neither does Troy Brouwer who also had some interesting things to say about life under Gabby and Hunter.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416829

Brouwer also addressed the change in culture under new coach Adam Oates while picking apart the regime of Boudreau, who was fired early last season and replaced by Dale Hunter. Boudreau is now the coach of the Anaheim Ducks, who lead the Pacific Division and are second in the Western Conference.
"It was very lackadaisical, I would say," Brouwer said. "Kind of guys were able to do whatever they pleased. There wasn't a whole lot of accountability. And then when we had a little bit of trouble and there needed to be accountability, it wasn't received exactly with welcome arms, I'll say.

"And then with Hunts everything was very strict, making sure guys were blocking shots, maybe getting them out of their styles of play as far as particular players go. And then with Adam, I mean everyone's still accountable, everyone has to do their job, but he's letting guys play the way that makes them successful -- goal scorers need to score, checkers need to check. Everyone's got a defined role on the team now."

Date: February 26, 2013 12:34PM

^^^^

Sounds like Oats is somewhere in between BBQ Bruce and Hunter. It has seemed like individual efforts are better this year then last, at least within the last 5 games. Guys like Brouwer, Ward and a few others have elevated their games in some degree. Ovie has shown signs of fire in past few games.

The only problem is, they don't have any shutdown defensive minded defensmen who can play thier game their style best to their ability.

Pic:
Screen shot of Bruce from the HBO 24/7 Series where there is bbq sauce at the right side of his mouth.
Attachments:
imagesCAX26O0M.jpg

Date: February 26, 2013 01:46PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> ^^^^
>
> Sounds like Oats is somewhere in between BBQ Bruce
> and Hunter. It has seemed like individual efforts
> are better this year then last, at least within
> the last 5 games. Guys like Brouwer, Ward and a
> few others have elevated their games in some
> degree. Ovie has shown signs of fire in past few
> games.

Agree. I think Oates is also somewhere in between the two in what he envisions for the team as well.

> The only problem is, they don't have any shutdown
> defensive minded defensmen who can play thier game
> their style best to their ability.

Agree. If they are buyers at the deadline, expectinc some defensive help. I’m thinking part of the reason Backstrom has been almost nonexistent is because he’s being asked to have some defensive responsibilities, not unlike some other players.

> Pic:
> Screen shot of Bruce from the HBO 24/7 Series
> where there is bbq sauce at the right side of his
> mouth.

That picture is awesome! Good ol Gabby. I really enjoyed that series. Never knew the guy dropped the F bomb every other word. Good stuff.

Date: February 26, 2013 04:34PM

More Complete Wrote:
Good ol Gabby. I really
> enjoyed that series. Never knew the guy dropped
> the F bomb every other word. Good stuff.

I heard him interviewed on the Junkies a few years ago and he was almost a prude. He even disowned his appearance in the movie SlapShot. Only the greatest HOckey movie EVER! Weird hearing him drop so many F bombs!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 26, 2013 04:44PM

The original slapshot or the stupid sequal with Johnny Knoxville?

Date: February 26, 2013 06:37PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> The original slapshot or the stupid sequal with
> Johnny Knoxville?

The Original. He was on one of the teams the Chiefs played at the beginning. I think the team who's goalies wife was a lesbian and he freaks out at Paul Newman. Bruce B had HAIR then.

Date: February 27, 2013 10:15AM

Great win. Dominated. They keep this up and they will get on a roll. I like what I'm seeing. Let's go CAPS!

Posted by: Libbys Balls ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:23AM

Who cares, its not soccer.

Date: February 27, 2013 10:29AM

I missed the game but heard the score this morning. That is quality win against the divisional leader. It's really starting to tighten up, the Caps are two games back from first.

Of course the icing on the cake is Semins lack luster showing. This is the first time i can think of that a former star player of a DC team returned to DC and didn't look like a superstar for a day. Good riddance!

Its been a battle to crawl out of the basement of the division but i think they're about to turn corner. One more win streak and they are contenders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 10:32AM by Hay Zeus.

Date: February 27, 2013 10:30AM

it was good to see Semin stopped on his lone breakaway and held without points AT ALL! Screw him and the stahl brothers. Glad the HOltby had a shutout and the Caps dominated the game! That was the proverbial 4 points we needed to help climb out of the south East Cellar! C.A.P.S. CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

Date: February 27, 2013 02:23PM

definitely good stuff last night...a little excited...but at the same time, it's kind of breathtaking looking at the standings....it just reminds you of how deep of a hole this team has dug for itself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 02:28PM by Snoozy.

Date: February 27, 2013 02:45PM

Snoozy Wrote:
> definitely good stuff last night...a little
> excited...but at the same time, it's kind of
> breathtaking looking at the standings....it just
> reminds you of how deep of a hole this team has
> dug for itself.

Why because they are still two games back from 1st despite heading into a 2nd win streak?

Just be thankfull that Chicago isn't in our division, they are still undefeated.

Date: February 27, 2013 02:50PM

They Dug a huge hole. THats all Im saying. This win streak they were on, with that one loss to the devils then winning these next two games and they are STILL in last place in the division. These Teams arent going away anytime soon. Philly is a hungry team moving up in the standings. Caps have to play IN PHILLY tonight. How long can the Caps ride Holtby before he lets up? Thats all im saying.

Date: February 27, 2013 03:23PM

Snoozy Wrote:
> definitely good stuff last night...a little
> excited...but at the same time, it's kind of
> breathtaking looking at the standings....it just
> reminds you of how deep of a hole this team has
> dug for itself.

They still have a huge hill to climb and cannot get too comfortable. Every game matters and realistically, they need to win 2 of every 3 to have a good shot. That’s no easy task.

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Just be thankfull that Chicago isn't in our
> division, they are still undefeated.

Exactly, fortunately for the Caps, the division is weak.

Holtby getting the start again tonight, thought maybe they’d give him a break.

Date: February 27, 2013 03:55PM

More Complete Wrote:
>
> Exactly, fortunately for the Caps, the division is
> weak.

That might change with the Division realignment. The new divisions are looking more like the old divisions.

>
> Holtby getting the start again tonight, thought
> maybe they’d give him a break.

No way, you ride the hot goalie until he flames out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 03:57PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: February 27, 2013 05:04PM

I dont like those new divisions. I know Colombus and Detroit want a piece of the East but Come on! BOSTON not playing the Rangers and Flyers in same division? what is THAT ABOUT!?

Date: February 27, 2013 05:45PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> No way, you ride the hot goalie until he flames
> out

In the playoffs maybe but you've got to give the guy a game off from time to time, especially with back to back games. Apparently Oates was thinking of starting Neuvi but he is sick. They called up Grubauer from Hershey just in case. First time in a Caps uniform for him. Wonder if he's any good.

Date: February 27, 2013 07:02PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Hay Zeus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No way, you ride the hot goalie until he flames
> > out

It a short season and they are in the cellar, no time to dick around
>
> In the playoffs maybe but you've got to give the
> guy a game off from time to time, especially with
> back to back games. Apparently Oates was thinking
> of starting Neuvi but he is sick. They called up
> Grubauer from Hershey just in case. First time in
> a Caps uniform for him. Wonder if he's any good.

Grubauer? Sounds like something floating in my toilet.

Date: February 28, 2013 09:24AM

What a let down. Bad start and never got better. They got out worked.

Date: February 28, 2013 10:05AM

Yeah, but they won the more important game of the two back to backs. I tuned in late then tuned out because of the score and watched the last 10min. It did look like there was some fight in them left despite being down 4-0 in the 3rd.

You were right More Complete, Oats should have gave Holtby the night off.

Date: February 28, 2013 11:07AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Yeah, but they won the more important game of the
> two back to backs.

True. Caps played 3 games in 4 nights, this one back to back, on the road, against a team that has been sitting around for 2 days. It was bound to be a tough game.

> I tuned in late then tuned out
> because of the score and watched the last 10min.
> It did look like there was some fight in them left
> despite being down 4-0 in the 3rd.

Too little too late.

> You were right More Complete, Oats should have
> gave Holtby the night off.

He said he would have if Neuvy wasn't ill. He threw in the toilet bowl guy to give him a shot when the game was already out of hand and he didn't look half bad!

Date: March 01, 2013 04:07PM

Mike Milbury had some choice words to say about Ovie during the Flyers game. I missed it because i was watching the local feed and had no idea that it was a national game.

Milbury called Ovechkin's performance an "awful display of hockey" and said he should be "ashamed of himself."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1547251-watch-nbcs-mike-milbury-verbally-thrash-capitals-star-alex-ovechkin-on-air

Of course the NHL should be more selective on which games to broadcast nationally. In any sport when one team a second game of a back-to-back pair, which is also 3rd game in 4 night against a team that is well rested, might not make for the most competitive hockey

Date: March 05, 2013 12:15PM

Milbury has always hated Ovi. His latest rant is nothing new. When Crosby isn't playing well do you hear anything from this guy? Nope.

Caps played a great 60 minutes on Saturday to shutout the Jets 3-0.

Tough game tonight against the Bruins. Boston has a good defense and a 14-3-2 record.

Date: March 05, 2013 05:56PM

Capitals ahve waived Roman Hamrlik. Good. He's only played in only 4 games this season and was terrible last year. If no one picks him up, Oates says he will be back.

Brower is out sick tonight. Caps second line will be Wolski-Backstrom-Fehr.

Date: March 06, 2013 10:16AM

THAT WAS AN AWESOME COME BACK AND WIN! C.A.P.S. CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Caps Jihadist ()
Date: March 06, 2013 11:35AM

Greetings all and I see we have some newcomers...long time, no time.

My doctor ordered me to stop posting here lest my blood pressure rise to the point of experiencing myocardial failure but, after last night's unbelievable OT win, I felt compelled to write. That moment will likely be lost in the wake of not making the playoffs but that was a great moment in team history last night. No one, least of all me, thought they could beat the Boston Bruins last night.

1) Can someone please explain to me why I keep hearing the media and fans saying, "If the Caps are going to make the playoffs...they have to win the division?" Maybe my math is fuzzy but...it's more of a climb to the 8th playoff spot than it is to the division lead, right?

2) I was pleased to see Hamrlik released. This is the kind of player who never should have been signed here in the first place and then you factor in his remarks about the NHLPA and the lockout and I say GOOD RIDDANCE and addition by subtraction. Too old, too slow, and too small to play in this league anymore.

3) The Caps will make a valiant push for the playoffs and they are playing good, still not great hockey right now, but I just don't see them making the post-season now. The window is closing and the hill they've forced themselves to climb is simply too much.

4) In contrast with some of my previous remarks, I'm starting to put the results of this season indirectly on the shoulders of Dale Hunter. I liked him as a player and a coach and I respect his reasons for leaving after one season but honestly you could have Toe Blake coaching this Caps teams and the results may not be much better. I've gained a real appreciation for "changing the system" and the Caps more than any other NHL team were really hurt by the lockout because Oates got zero time with the squad until a week before game 1. They have clearly picked up his system now but, again the damage I feel has been done...If Dale was still here with all of his shotblocking et al, the team would be in a different place. The Caps would need some help in the form of injuries to key players on other teams in the division or just straight up collapses to bring the division back to them points-wise.

Date: March 06, 2013 11:53AM

Unfortunately i missed the game last night.

One thing the caps have going for them as of now is they are probably a little better than their record indicated.

They are still one of the worst teams in the league and somehow pulled that game out of their asses. So it would seem they havent given up yet.

The game against FL that i was a few weeks ago seems like so long ago. That game was part of a win steak and they are on another win streak now. Yet they are still below .500. They really did dig themselves into a deep pile of shit.

At somepoint though, they will ay .500....and in this league usually just being a few games above .500 is good enough to make the playoffs.

@ Caps Jihadis

What did Hamrlik say during the lock out? I agree the guy has no business being on the roster, especially during a compressed season where youth plays a bigger factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 11:56AM by Hay Zeus.

Date: March 07, 2013 08:44PM

Damn! They are kicking Panther ASS! Ovechkin is turning into the Assist man! He has been getting more (ASS)ists than anyone else on the team lately! Guess having Mr. assist Adam OATES as a coach has paid off. No more talk of getting through to Alex O! If they win this game and dont have the melt down of all time! (IM LOOKING AT YOU WASHINGTON NATIONALS!) They could move into a three way tie for Second and get CLOSE to back at the top of the division! the Caps have less games played so that works in their favor as well. They sit at 21 whereas other teams have 23/22. Caps at 21. SUHWEET MOTHER OF DALE HUNTER THEY ARE MOVING ON UP! C.A.P.S. CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: we need it ()
Date: March 07, 2013 08:52PM

I hope they do well, this area needs a winning team. The Boston game kick fucking ass!!
Go CAPS!!!!!

Date: March 08, 2013 12:04PM

4 goals in the first 8 minutes? Don’t think I’ve ever seen that. Very, very sweet. The Panthers are struggling without their starting guy in goal and a number of other starters out but it was good to see the Caps dominate a team that they SHOULD dominate. Fun as hell to watch but the comeback win vs Boston was more impressive IMHO.

That shot on Chimmer last night was cheap. Imagine dude will be suspended 2 or 3 games. In addition, I hope he meets some payback next time the two teams meet up.

Speaking of which, I love this new guy Oleksy. He’s tough, hits hard, and will drop the gloves. In fact, he led the Hershey Bears with 151 penalty minutes and 11 fights in 55 games. Just what the doctor ordered for this soft team. More grit.

Looks like it’s coming together and they are on the way up. Let’s hope they can keep it rolling the next few weeks and climb in the standings. They are still six points out of first in the division and 12th in the conference so they have to keep winning.

Date: March 08, 2013 12:17PM

Caps Jihadist Wrote:
> Greetings all and I see we have some
> newcomers...long time, no time.

Greetings!

> My doctor ordered me to stop posting here lest my
> blood pressure rise to the point of experiencing
> myocardial failure but, after last night's
> unbelievable OT win, I felt compelled to write.

Sorry to hear that.

> 1) Can someone please explain to me why I keep
> hearing the media and fans saying, "If the Caps
> are going to make the playoffs...they have to win
> the division?" Maybe my math is fuzzy but...it's
> more of a climb to the 8th playoff spot than it is
> to the division lead, right?

Dead on right about this.

> 2) I was pleased to see Hamrlik released. This is
> the kind of player who never should have been
> signed here in the first place and then you factor
> in his remarks about the NHLPA and the lockout and
> I say GOOD RIDDANCE and addition by subtraction.
> Too old, too slow, and too small to play in this
> league anymore.

I’m with Hay Zeus. What did he say?

> 3) The Caps will make a valiant push for the
> playoffs and they are playing good, still not
> great hockey right now, but I just don't see them
> making the post-season now. The window is closing
> and the hill they've forced themselves to climb is
> simply too much.

I don’t know, I’m really starting to believe in this team. It’s premature to say they will make a push for the playoffs. At the same token, it’s premature to say they will not. They have played 22 games. After this weekend they will be at the halfway point of the 48 game 2013 schedule so there is still time. You’re right though, it will not be easy. I figure they need at least 50 some points to get in, and they currently sit with only 21.

Date: March 08, 2013 12:17PM

Definitely a fun game to watch, it was like watching the JV team going up against the Varsity.

I like having a tough guy on the team but we also don't need another knuckle head getting sent to the box at the wrong time.

Attached Link is the video of Marc Staal getting hit in the eye from a slap shot deflection.

It could have been worse considering the puck hit a stick, skate, and a little bit of the lip of his helmet before his eye. Gives me the willys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUXC_4RfA5U

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 12:22PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: March 08, 2013 12:50PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Attached Link is the video of Marc Staal getting
> hit in the eye from a slap shot deflection.

Jesus man, painful to even watch. No doubt it will help the cause to make visors mandatory.

In other news, the division realignment has been officially approved. Not sure how I feel about it. One thing is for sure, it isn’t going to be as easy to win the division. Does any league change divisions as much as the NHL?

Eastern Conference

Central Division

Boston
Buffalo
Detroit
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Atlantic Division

Carolina
Columbus
New Jersey
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

Western Conference

Mid-West Division

Chicago
Colorado
Dallas
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Pacific Division

Anaheim
Calgary
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Date: March 08, 2013 12:57PM

Maybe the move will finally make the caps more profitable for Ted because the divisional teams are closer to DC??

The realignment is stupid and the names make it even more stupid. How is Columbus in the "Atlantic" but not Florida?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 01:00PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: March 08, 2013 05:30PM

does this mean the new alignments of divisions arent named after past star players as was planned before? I know I would have a problem playing in the Lemouix division or whatever.....

Date: March 08, 2013 05:34PM

according to the standing the caps are still at least 6 points outside the 8 team playoff picture. With a little more of half the season left they can make a push. THE OATES system is coming together and the team is bonding. Backstrom is starting to act like Backstrom and Holtby is finally living up to potential from last years playoffs push. Not quite the Boston Beaneater beater he was but getting there. He almost had a shutout against the Pathetic panthers. Which would have been a league leading 4. LETS GO CAPS!

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.