HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Fairfax County School Board News ()
Date: April 27, 2012 07:32AM

Board Revisits Discipline Policy
Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
By Erica R. Hendry
6:00 am
http://burke.patch.com/articles/board-revisits-discipline-policy

Nearly a year after overhauling the student disciplinary system, the Fairfax County School Board is preparing to make several more adjustments to its Students Rights and Responsibility handbook, among them, adding synthetic marijuana to the list of substances which result in a five-day suspension and mandating principals immediately notify police after alcohol, assault, firearm, bomb threat and certain drug violations.

Among other significant modifications proposed, according to board documents, are the inclusion of peer mediation and restorative justice as methods of resolving disputes and addressing student behavior; expanding the section on bullying to include electronic communication; and allowing cell phone and use of other electronics for class purposes if registered with the school.

The changes would also codify existing school policy against weapons on school property, except for authorized use in curriculum. It also adds spring loaded pellet guns to a list of weapons which do not result in mandatory recommendation for expulsion, according to the documents.

But the changes would not require administrators to notify parents at the beginning of a process that could result in a student's suspension or recommendation for expulsion — an action that disappointed some advocates who have pushed the protocol since the beginning of the board's months-long review of the disciplinary process, spurred by the suicide of Nick Stuban, a 15-year-old Woodson High student, last January.

At the board's Thursday night meeting, Sandy Evans (Mason) told community members, some of whom spoke about the absence of that change, she intended to prepare an amendment that would strengthen parental notification.

Evans supported an amendment with the same goal last year, but it failed at the voting table, along with a requirement to notify students they had the right to remain silent during questioning.

At the time, she and at-large school board member Ilryong Moon withdrew two other amendments aiming to involve parents earlier in the investigation of their child’s alleged misconduct.

Board members will submit amendments by May 1 and consider them in a work session. A vote is scheduled for May 10.

Board members discussed some of the proposed changes at a work session April 16, making good on last year's promise of continuing to evaluate the system regularly beyond the passing of amendments last June.

Those who spoke before Thursday night's meeting thanked the board for the progress made since reforms began, including the addition of restorative justice; a slowly decreasing number of suspensions and reassignments; and $400,000 in funding for suspension support, though they noted the funds have not been spent.

Staff said Thursday night that while the funds set aside last spring for that purpose are unencumbered, several options for how to use them are being explored; school board members and staff wanted to better assess what progress had been made and where the greatest needs were before moving forward on hiring or new programs.

The system did find $500,000 last year for restorative justice positions, among other disciplinary needs, staff said.

There are other promises and issues the board has not addressed, some speakers at Thursday night's meeting said, including adding a clause that would prevent students from signing a statement without parents present and a sentence that informed students they were not obligated to answer administrators' questions.

Those issues, along with parental notification, are among those some current school board members campaigned on last fall, parent Janet Otersen said.

Fairfax Zero Tolerance Reform Director Caroline Hemenway, who stretched the nearly 60 pages of the SR+R across the span of the board table before she began speaking, wondered why the board hasn't thought beyond punishment to prevention, including what her group calls PIRR — prevention, intervention, restoration and rehabilitation practices.

"Give principals the authority to give teachers the resources and training to do it right," Hemenway said.

"Have you thought beyond just infractions and punishments? Doesn’t FCPShave a role to play in preventing infractions, intervening wherever and whenverpossible to guide students toward good outcomes, getting help from outside the schools for students in crisis, and restoring and rehabilitating those who have been harmed in some way?" FZTR's Michele Menapace said to the board in a statement read by Greg Brandon.

Hemenway also echoed the urging of other speakers to put the discipline system under the same roof as student services, and in the same vein, take the Board of Supervisors invitation to collaborate on family services, including discipline but also extending to mental health, teacher and student work overload, high school start times, hunger, poverty and prejudice.

"Go to a new place. Bring in community and national experts ... we are here for free," Hemenway said. "We've started in this direction, and we have the opportunity to be true national leaders in best behavior practices. It is just a matter of will."

After the meeting, Hemenway said she was optimistic about moving forward; compared to last year's push for change, "the question now isn't if, it's when and how," she said.

Megan McLaughlin (Braddock), who formerly acted as a special advisor to FZTR, worried May 10 was too soon to have adequate discussion about changes; it was planned to avoid overlapping with a budget vote the following week, Board Chair Janie Strauss (Dranesville) said.

"We're looking at making important changes and we are a new board," McLaughlin said. "I think the community has brought us some good things. I don't want to rush through this."

Superintendent Jack Dale said the board could enact changes as late as one meeting after the May 24 budget vote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:15AM

Nothing like a monolithic bureaucracy to create a maze of rules & regulations - and then attempt to exempt itself from those rules. What is the FCPS "rights & responsibility" booklet up to now - 30+ pages of contradictory tripe?

The one time one of mine got into trouble @ school I took a small tape recorder along - hid it the 1st "session", then took it out & sat it on the table & hit play the 2nd (when the "officer" began to contradict herself). When the "officer" attempted to take the t/r, I pulled out a camera threatenednd theft charges... she relented, and we came to an agreement @ appropriate action.

I feel terrible @ the Stuban family - but they ran afoul of the monolith & had no one to handle the kabuki theater of FCPS...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jan Falk, LCSW ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:32AM

Jess +1000 absolutely right on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Legal ()
Date: April 27, 2012 11:13AM

Can you legally record them without them knowing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 27, 2012 11:19AM

Legal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you legally record them without them knowing?


Well Played, Jess.

A public official in a public building, you bet your sweet ass you can record them.

FCPS;s diciplinary process is very similar to that of the prison system. Dont believe me, just take a look and you will see the parallels.

Options: ReplyQuote
School Board Addresses FCPS Presentation on "Goal 3"
Posted by: Perplexed ()
Date: April 27, 2012 07:09PM

Did anyone watch the school board meeting last night? There was a presentation on "Goal 3" having to do with community awareness or something like that. FCPS has lower expectations for Black and Hispanic students. Say what???

Also, there was a strange display by Ryan McElveen, the bald guy. He went off on concerns about FCPS promoting "hegemony" and "colonialism." It was just weird!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Meetings ()
Date: April 27, 2012 07:26PM

I should of recorded them in my meeting it may have made all the difference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 10:24PM

"Can you legally record them without them knowing?"

You better believe it - VA is an "implied consent" state to recordings - originally concerning telephones only, but later ruled to cover all public areas. In this case it's a public employee on public grounds - 100% legal, period. Trouble is that 99.99% of said employees would try to dispute that fact... (ok, I made that % up, but I'd guess it's close).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Janet ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:56AM

The only people crying about the discipline policy are my 6 friends from the Fairfax Education Coalition which consists of me and my 6 friends, it is all very simple.

We all have children who got in trouble because they had illegal drugs on them at school or for other reasons. Our kids are good kids really they are.

We are a small number--- who cares about the majority of kids? The SB should pay attention to us because we yell the loudest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: occupy fcps ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:06AM

hmmm Janet: I suspect you to be planted troll because what you say is completely untrue - I care, I am a provider and I am sick of seeing kids lives ruined because the majority of parents give up their rights because they assume -based on some ancient experience that they had as students, that it is OK, It isn't,it is abusive and discipline in FCPS is random.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:27AM

occupy - that, or "janice" is a twit wishing to chant "if your kids didn't do drugs there'd be no problem".

FWIW, our interaction w/FCPS "discipline" was due to tardiness - my youngest decided to chat in the hallways rather than make it to class on time, so after 3 tardies got the afterschool detention.
I confirmed that indeed she was there on the appointed day & time, only to have her call shortly after that "it" was over - turns out the school had assigned a sports coach to the session who bailed shortly after the start time telling all that "he would take care of the paperwork" - which, of course, he did not.
This escalated into a full bldisciplinarynary issue for all participants, who were hauled in "en masse", only to be "interviewed" one on one. They were to have no phones on them, but mine snuck in hers & texted me, so I showed up & demanded admittance... and that's where I started taping.
Now did she deserve the original detention? Certainly so - and after the entire fiasco was over (we took it to the Super's office - w/police in attendance as I warned that I would be taping), I had the school principal place her in another detention session (one that was actually carried out).

Point is, FCPS "discipline" is truly Kafkaesque - "he knew he had done nothing wrong but, one morning, he was arrested"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: details ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:48AM

Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The one time one of mine got into trouble @ school
> I took a small tape recorder along - hid it the
> 1st "session", then took it out & sat it on the
> table & hit play the 2nd (when the "officer" began
> to contradict herself). When the "officer"
> attempted to take the t/r, I pulled out a camera
> threatenednd theft charges... she relented, and we
> came to an agreement @ appropriate action.


Was this a hearing officer or SRO?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: To Jess1 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 10:06AM

I’ve read your posts, but they’re hard to follow. This is what it sounds like you are saying happened. Is this right?

Your kid was late to class 3x and got a detention. Showed up to detention and the coach in charge let everybody go and said he’d say everyone was there. He didn’t and somebody at the school called in the kids because she thought the kids didn’t come. When your kid was going to the office she texted you and you demanded to get in and secretly recorded the school person. Later, you pulled the recorder out to say the school person contradicted yourself. Then, you went to Dr. Dale’s office with the police present because you said you would tape him. After that, your daughter served the detention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Great idea ()
Date: April 28, 2012 12:29PM

To Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’ve read your posts, but they’re hard to
> follow. This is what it sounds like you are saying
> happened. Is this right?
>
> Your kid was late to class 3x and got a detention.
> Showed up to detention and the coach in charge let
> everybody go and said he’d say everyone was
> there. He didn’t and somebody at the school
> called in the kids because she thought the kids
> didn’t come. When your kid was going to the
> office she texted you and you demanded to get in
> and secretly recorded the school person. Later,
> you pulled the recorder out to say the school
> person contradicted yourself. Then, you went to
> Dr. Dale’s office with the police present
> because you said you would tape him. After that,
> your daughter served the detention.

Yup, this parent notification thing will work out great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 02:53PM

Not exactly - at the time, skip a detention & the case was escalated out of the school & on to FCPS (I understand that now the 2nd level is "saturday" detention @ that school).
It was a week later (after the attempted detention) that all 4 students were held after school for a "meeting" with the principal & an FCPS official - this is where I 1st got involved.
A few days later all (students & parents) were notified of a "hearing" - again, not a normal situation as there was testimony @ failure of the other FCPS employee (coach). During that "hearing" the aforementioned FCPS employee began to contradict herself - and that's when I refuted her w/evidence, and the provervial ***t hit the fan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Oh man ()
Date: April 28, 2012 07:31PM

We should have a new rule: before grinding your ax vs FCPS on this site, you must first list the discipline infraction your kid committed, admitted to, and then told you the parent that he/she was beaten by school administrators in order to get a confession. Make sure you leave out the important details that would lead Joe Public to believe your kid got what he/she deserved, like the fact your kid brought weed to school and sold it. Or when your kid found a knife in his subway sub, he didn't turn it over to a teacher, but instead put it in his backpack, swung it at another kid, who then had to go get stitches. JBass, you should start, because if FCPS cured cancer, you would still be on here bitching that the Supreme Court wasn't notified when your kid was given a detention for being late. Our school system isn't perfect, but they do a great job overall. You helicopter parents should spend more time doing what is RIGHT for your kids, instead of what they WANT, or what gets them out of trouble. I also have bad news for you, you may bark the loudest, but I'm sorry, most parents agree with what I am saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Johnny ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:02PM

Have to agree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Mac ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:42PM

Actually Oh man, school administrators constantly lie and falsify records and their idea od due process is a joke. You want specifics? My daughter last year was struck by another child during lunch while sitting with her back to him. This same child attempted to strike my child a second time, and without exiting her seat my daughter put this child into a thumb lock and forced said child to the floor.

My daughter was interviewed without anyone other then administrator present, and asked to put what occurred in writing. Once I was notified, three (3) days later, I went in and was informed my daughter would be suspended for one (1) day. I did record the conversation. The Common Wealth of Virginia is a party of one consent. As long as you are in no way recording minors. Record away!!

During the process, I discovered and forwarded the administrator falsified documents, intimated other childred, and changed the original minority status of my child. And the AFAM child was never disciplined. However, by the time FCPS had turned this over to me my allotted time for review had expired per their regulations. I let the school board by know that the matter was going to be civil then, and notification was served.

The following week, the FCPS marked my daughters day she was suspended as an excused absence. Less then two months later the child who started the altercation had injured another child resulting in a fracture. Afterwards, the same child in question was caught demanding other children pay gambling debts.

And this was in an elementary school! The teachers in FCPS are FANTASTIC, it's the the administrators that are the problem. The Student's Rights & Responsibilities Handbook was written by attorney's so the FCPS can do whatever it wants unless it goes civil or criminal.

Of course, they do have regulations to follow and here is a little fun for Moms or Dads who have free time at lunch and their child is elementary school. Go have lunch with your child. Enjoy it. But keep note of how many faculty members or staff are there watching the children whose sole job it is to watch the children. That doesn't mean the cafeteria lady, the janitor wiping tables. Then go online and see what the ratio should be. Think about it. The teachers need a break, and their voice is pretty silenced, which is the problem because the teachers are the one who day in and day out try their best for the kids!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: details ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:25PM

Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not exactly - at the time, skip a detention & the
> case was escalated out of the school & on to FCPS
> (I understand that now the 2nd level is "saturday"
> detention @ that school).
> It was a week later (after the attempted
> detention) that all 4 students were held after
> school for a "meeting" with the principal & an
> FCPS official - this is where I 1st got involved.
>
> A few days later all (students & parents) were
> notified of a "hearing" - again, not a normal
> situation as there was testimony @ failure of the
> other FCPS employee (coach). During that "hearing"
> the aforementioned FCPS employee began to
> contradict herself - and that's when I refuted her
> w/evidence, and the provervial ***t hit the fan.


Your whole story is about 3 tardies and a detention? Skipping a detention doesn’t “escalate out of the school.” Unless you’re in Loudoun and they take you to court for bringing your kids to school late. When you were writing about monolithic bureaucracies, demanding to be present when your daughter is questioned, having to secretly record officers, and having a meeting with the superintendent in the presence of the police, I figured your kid did something serious. Imho, you way overreacted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 09:43PM

Details,
Which part of "I understand ... " didn't you understand? My point stands - the detention supervisor (Coach) failed to turn in the appropriate paperwork @ attendance, and yes, a 2nd detention did, at the time, go up to the County level as that was a suspension offense - what was I to do? Ignore the demand for suspension?
Feh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: get a life ()
Date: April 29, 2012 09:11AM

Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Can you legally record them without them
> knowing?"
>
> You better believe it - VA is an "implied consent"
> state to recordings - originally concerning
> telephones only, but later ruled to cover all
> public areas. In this case it's a public employee
> on public grounds - 100% legal, period. Trouble is
> that 99.99% of said employees would try to dispute
> that fact... (ok, I made that % up, but I'd guess
> it's close).


§ 19.2-62. Interception, disclosure, etc., of wire, electronic or oral communications unlawful; penalties; exceptions.

A. Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter any person who:

4. Intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the contents of any wire, electronic or oral communication, knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, electronic or oral communication; shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

2. It shall not be a criminal offense under this chapter for a person to intercept a wire, electronic or oral communication, where such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception.

The way I understand it is that so as long as ONE of the parties consents to the taping you are OK. However, secretly taping is a violation of the law. You must inform all parties that you will be taping the conversation. Even if they disagree,you can tape it. However once informed, they can also tape you, or decide to stop or postpone the conversation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Ms. Crabapple ()
Date: April 29, 2012 09:16AM

Mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During the process, I discovered and forwarded the
> administrator falsified documents, intimated other
> childred, and changed the original minority status
> of my child.

Looks like youz & your childred need to go bax to school sirs cuz you'ze shoo don't knowz how to spellz.
Attachments:
buck_wheat.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: April 29, 2012 09:44AM

get a life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The way I understand it is that so as long as ONE
> of the parties consents to the taping you are OK.

I read it as "If YOU are a party to a conversation you can record it; if you are NOT a party to a conversation then at least one of the parties to the conversation must have said "No problemo!"".

And I think it's pretty clear, too:

>>> "...It shall not be a criminal offense under this chapter for a person to
>>> intercept a wire, electronic or oral communication, where such person is a
>>> party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given
>>> prior consent to such interception..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: kewl ()
Date: April 29, 2012 10:18AM

Mac's experience times thousands if truth be told and if parents knew the true magnitude of this problem. Most of you assume, either because it hasn't happened to your child (YET) and you either choose not to believe that it could (cause your realtor told you that these are top notch schools!), but the reality is that there are so many of these stories that reflect bias, corruption, incompetence, favoritism, the list is limiteless-on the part of administrators. My son (IB diploma now in 4th year of college, honor role blab blah blah) was at Robinson, crazy stupid administrator, our nickname was "superfly" thought he was all that...my son went to a model UN convention (president) representing Robinson. (cause very few actually intellectuals there lots of jocks with nutshell sized brains), all was cleared and documented ahead of time, I reminded them in many emails of this....that he would be missing a day of school for out of town Model UN conference....long story long- moron tired to put him in afterschool detention. Problem is that the kids (the smart ones ) were smarter than Superfly...I went to afterschool detention, after screaming at Meier, with a boom box, some cookies and drinks and my other two kids to make a fun party out of it, they never did it again-take this story times thousands...FCPS administration is simply Morons Gone Wild.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: An experience ()
Date: April 29, 2012 11:31AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> get a life Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The way I understand it is that so as long as
> ONE
> > of the parties consents to the taping you are
> OK.
>
> I read it as "If YOU are a party to a conversation
> you can record it; if you are NOT a party to a
> conversation then at least one of the parties to
> the conversation must have said "No problemo!"".
>
> And I think it's pretty clear, too:
>
> >>> "...It shall not be a criminal offense under
> this chapter for a person to
> >>> intercept a wire, electronic or oral
> communication, where such person is a
> >>> party to the communication or one of the
> parties to the communication has given
> >>> prior consent to such interception..."


There was a guy who was threatening and harassing me and other neighbors. I wanted to get evidence of this. I asked a cop and he said I could tape the guy without his knowing or consenting, but he said it would be illegal for me to play that tape for others without getting his consent. He said if the recording showed that a crime occurred it would be legal for me to give it to the police. I decided not to tape, but the guy got busted for other things anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: What's the point? ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:48PM

kewl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mac's experience times thousands if truth be told
> and if parents knew the true magnitude of this
> problem. Most of you assume, either because it
> hasn't happened to your child (YET) and you either
> choose not to believe that it could (cause your
> realtor told you that these are top notch
> schools!), but the reality is that there are so
> many of these stories that reflect bias,
> corruption, incompetence, favoritism, the list is
> limiteless-on the part of administrators. My son
> (IB diploma now in 4th year of college, honor role
> blab blah blah) was at Robinson, crazy stupid
> administrator, our nickname was "superfly" thought
> he was all that...my son went to a model UN
> convention (president) representing Robinson.
> (cause very few actually intellectuals there lots
> of jocks with nutshell sized brains), all was
> cleared and documented ahead of time, I reminded
> them in many emails of this....that he would be
> missing a day of school for out of town Model UN
> conference....long story long- moron tired to put
> him in afterschool detention. Problem is that the
> kids (the smart ones ) were smarter than
> Superfly...I went to afterschool detention, after
> screaming at Meier, with a boom box, some cookies
> and drinks and my other two kids to make a fun
> party out of it, they never did it again-take this
> story times thousands...FCPS administration is
> simply Morons Gone Wild.

If the administrators are morons they should be fired. Not sure how changing the rules so kids can now bring marijuana to school will help that. And based on what I see, there is nothing in the works for parents being notified before detentions, so this won't have an effect on your situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: kewl ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:42PM

no one ever said kids should be able to bring pot to school...parents should be notified before anything is done representing a disciplinary action including detention-so that they can either be present or dispute stupid administrators, who should be fired, but that is wayyyy to much to expect of this system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: wapo reader ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:49PM

Read the front page of the WAPO today. The article on "zero tolerance" in MD. Another nutty example of the lack of common sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: rule change ()
Date: April 29, 2012 05:33PM

kewl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no one ever said kids should be able to bring pot
> to school...parents should be notified before
> anything is done representing a disciplinary
> action including detention-so that they can either
> be present or dispute stupid administrators, who
> should be fired, but that is wayyyy to much to
> expect of this system.

I thought they were talking about making it so that kids wouldn't get in trouble the first time their caught bringing marijuana to school. They wouls just go to some program and that would be it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: I will post an annoyingly long title here because I am a king hell douche and I want everyone to pay attention to me and anyone who doesn't like it can suck it. ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:16AM

Yeah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: jhjhjnijniij ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:46AM

I will post an annoyingly long title here because I am a king hell douche and I want everyone to pay attention to me and anyone who doesn't like it can suck it. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah.

how'd that work out for you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: pester ()
Date: April 30, 2012 08:14AM

I couldn't find anything in WAPO this morning about zero tolerance in Md. Where? In terms of common sense, I am hoping that you are inferring that there should be some common sense coming from FCPS administration, there isn't currently. Bringing acne medicine to school or an aspirin, what happened to you as a kid? nothing. Why should our kids be held to a much higher and more more irrational standard? Why should they be tortured? And more importantly, why do you parents hate your own kids??? Thats the part I really don't understand. You advocate for schools to "come down hard" on your own kids. Is that so that you won't have to? If you are a good parent, you like and love your kids and wouldn't want a system to unfairly persecute them, yet you seem to...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: to pester ()
Date: April 30, 2012 08:30AM

I posted that YESTERDAY! It was on the front page. Two lacrosse players were suspended because of pocket knives and a lighter in their lacrosse equipment bags. These items are used on their lacrosse sticks when the strings break--a very common occurence in lacrosse. The equipment bags were on the school bus on the way to a game--not in backpacks going to class.
The parents wanted the record expunged and the school system would not do it. They appealed to the State Board of Education and succeeded (too late for college applications.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Lisa A ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:13PM

I am the head of an organization that lectures parents on keeping their kids from being bad and smoking pot.

Smoking pot is a terrible thing and you suck as a parent if you allow it to happen.

Nevermind that my own kid was busted for pot. That is irrelevant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:11PM

An experience Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Olde Farte, II Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > get a life Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The way I understand it is that so as long as
> > ONE
> > > of the parties consents to the taping you are
> > OK.
> >
> > I read it as "If YOU are a party to a
> conversation
> > you can record it; if you are NOT a party to a
> > conversation then at least one of the parties
> to
> > the conversation must have said "No
> problemo!"".
> >
> > And I think it's pretty clear, too:
> >
> > >>> "...It shall not be a criminal offense
> under
> > this chapter for a person to
> > >>> intercept a wire, electronic or oral
> > communication, where such person is a
> > >>> party to the communication or one of the
> > parties to the communication has given
> > >>> prior consent to such interception..."
>
>
> There was a guy who was threatening and harassing
> me and other neighbors. I wanted to get evidence
> of this. I asked a cop and he said I could tape
> the guy without his knowing or consenting, but he
> said it would be illegal for me to play that tape
> for others without getting his consent. He said if
> the recording showed that a crime occurred it
> would be legal for me to give it to the police. I
> decided not to tape, but the guy got busted for
> other things anyway.


Bottom line is that in Virginia, you can secretly record a conversation you are having with other adults, without their knowledge or consent. I dont care what some street cop said. I care what the statute and the DA/ADAs say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: css fixer ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:01PM

you dumb fuck, your title is too long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Be careful ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:36PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Bottom line is that in Virginia, you can secretly
> record a conversation you are having with other
> adults, without their knowledge or consent. I
> dont care what some street cop said. I care what
> the statute and the DA/ADAs say.

Tape if you want to, I don't care. It just seems like this could cause you problems.

Actually, the statute says it is a felony to disclose the recording. The whole Code Section was not posted before.

Here some of what is missing – notice #3 & 4.
1. Intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire, electronic or oral communication;
2. Intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any electronic, mechanical or other device to intercept any oral communication;
3. Intentionally discloses, or endeavors to disclose, to any other person the contents of any wire, electronic or oral communication knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, electronic or oral communication; or
4. Intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the contents of any wire, electronic or oral communication, knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, electronic or oral communication; shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.


The next section says it is not against the law to record, it doesn’t say it is legal to play the recording for others or disclose the what is on the recording.


B2. It shall not be a criminal offense under this chapter for a person to intercept a wire, electronic or oral communication, where such person is a party to the communication or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:56PM

Be careful Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JBass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Bottom line is that in Virginia, you can
> secretly
> > record a conversation you are having with other
> > adults, without their knowledge or consent. I
> > dont care what some street cop said. I care
> what
> > the statute and the DA/ADAs say.
>
> Tape if you want to, I don't care. It just seems
> like this could cause you problems.
>
> Actually, the statute says it is a felony to
> disclose the recording. The whole Code Section was
> not posted before.
>
> Here some of what is missing – notice #3 & 4.
> 1. Intentionally intercepts, endeavors to
> intercept or procures any other person to
> intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire,
> electronic or oral communication;
> 2. Intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or
> procures any other person to use or endeavor to
> use any electronic, mechanical or other device to
> intercept any oral communication;
> 3. Intentionally discloses, or endeavors to
> disclose, to any other person the contents of any
> wire, electronic or oral communication knowing or
> having reason to know that the information was
> obtained through the interception of a wire,
> electronic or oral communication; or
> 4. Intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the
> contents of any wire, electronic or oral
> communication, knowing or having reason to know
> that the information was obtained through the
> interception of a wire, electronic or oral
> communication; shall be guilty of a Class 6
> felony.
>
>
> The next section says it is not against the law to
> record, it doesn’t say it is legal to play the
> recording for others or disclose the what is on
> the recording.
>
>
> B2. It shall not be a criminal offense under this
> chapter for a person to intercept a wire,
> electronic or oral communication, where such
> person is a party to the communication or one of
> the parties to the communication has given prior
> consent to such interception.


Thats actually a pretty astute observation. Of course it would seem pretty silly to make it legal to tape it while at the same time saying it is illegal to ever use it in front of another human being. But then again, no one ever said we dont have some silly-ass laws.

Either way, that is some good food for thought. Personally, Id go ahead and record some lady who was trying to ruin my kids life and worry about the consequences later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:36PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats actually a pretty astute observation. Of
> course it would seem pretty silly to make it legal
> to tape it while at the same time saying it is
> illegal to ever use it in front of another human
> being. But then again, no one ever said we dont
> have some silly-ass laws.

I for sure am not a lawyer, however...

There are three parts of the Virginia Code that cover this - I believe at least a couple of them say it's just fine to make and use the recordings appropriately if they are made as previously discussed in this thread:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+8.01-420.2

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-67

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-62

I am so not a lawyer that I have no idea what a "chapter" is in the Code...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: April 30, 2012 08:33PM

If the kid wasn't a scumbag to begin with, a parent wouldn't be involved in school disciplining a student.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Parental IOpinion ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:05PM

Priapus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the kid wasn't a scumbag to begin with, a
> parent wouldn't be involved in school disciplining
> a student.

That is my personal belief as well, in general, which is why I asked for even ONE example of a totally innocent student being expelled.

-=-=-=-=

Note - I think it is easily conceived that a totally innocent student could be FRAMED by another student. Since it's easy to think of it, it's easy to imagine it has or will happen. So that could be a god example of a totally inocent student "getting in trouble.

So...has THAT hapenned? And, if so, was the student expelled?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Be Careful ()
Date: April 30, 2012 11:17PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be careful Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > JBass Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > Bottom line is that in Virginia, you can
> > secretly
> > > record a conversation you are having with
> other
> > > adults, without their knowledge or consent.
> I
> > > dont care what some street cop said. I care
> > what
> > > the statute and the DA/ADAs say.
> >
> > Tape if you want to, I don't care. It just
> seems
> > like this could cause you problems.
> >
> > Actually, the statute says it is a felony to
> > disclose the recording. The whole Code Section
> was
> > not posted before.
> >
> > Here some of what is missing – notice #3 & 4.
> > 1. Intentionally intercepts, endeavors to
> > intercept or procures any other person to
> > intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire,
> > electronic or oral communication;
> > 2. Intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or
> > procures any other person to use or endeavor to
> > use any electronic, mechanical or other device
> to
> > intercept any oral communication;
> > 3. Intentionally discloses, or endeavors to
> > disclose, to any other person the contents of
> any
> > wire, electronic or oral communication knowing
> or
> > having reason to know that the information was
> > obtained through the interception of a wire,
> > electronic or oral communication; or
> > 4. Intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the
> > contents of any wire, electronic or oral
> > communication, knowing or having reason to know
> > that the information was obtained through the
> > interception of a wire, electronic or oral
> > communication; shall be guilty of a Class 6
> > felony.
> >
> >
> > The next section says it is not against the law
> to
> > record, it doesn’t say it is legal to play
> the
> > recording for others or disclose the what is on
> > the recording.
> >
> >
> > B2. It shall not be a criminal offense under
> this
> > chapter for a person to intercept a wire,
> > electronic or oral communication, where such
> > person is a party to the communication or one
> of
> > the parties to the communication has given
> prior
> > consent to such interception.
>
>
> Thats actually a pretty astute observation. Of
> course it would seem pretty silly to make it legal
> to tape it while at the same time saying it is
> illegal to ever use it in front of another human
> being. But then again, no one ever said we dont
> have some silly-ass laws.
>
> Either way, that is some good food for thought.
> Personally, Id go ahead and record some lady who
> was trying to ruin my kids life and worry about
> the consequences later.


Totally agree. I would just be sure I was on solid ground before I posted it on YouTube.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: to priapus ()
Date: May 01, 2012 07:42AM

Totally baseless- I assume you are a troll.

Kudos to the guy in New Jersey who wired his kid who was autistic and being verbally abused by ahole teacher and aide. Believe this: it happens all the time, here too-probably everywhere. (although I doubt to the degree that it happens on the east coast) Parents here enable and even seem to applaud the abusive behavior of teachers, again - I do not understand this, why you do not like your own kids??? were they unplanned or something??? You seem to hate and have no respect for your own children. Sad. THey need help in a corrupt system and parental support, no one deserves what happens every day in FCPS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: orangefanta ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:25PM

Majority of Superintendent's Student Discipline Decisions are Modified on Appeal: The 2012 Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) School Board Discipline Committee has modified 63% of the discipline actions imposed by the Superintendent's Office upon appeal. Last year's 2011 discipline committee modified 64% of the Superintendent's discipline decisions on appeal. For more information on discipline stats and facts,


Loudoun County gets it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Gets what? ()
Date: May 02, 2012 09:45PM

orangefanta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Majority of Superintendent's Student Discipline
> Decisions are Modified on Appeal: The 2012
> Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) School Board
> Discipline Committee has modified 63% of the
> discipline actions imposed by the Superintendent's
> Office upon appeal. Last year's 2011 discipline
> committee modified 64% of the Superintendent's
> discipline decisions on appeal. For more
> information on discipline stats and facts,
>
>
> Loudoun County gets it.


Modified – what does that mean? If you think you would be better off here in Loudoun you should move. But my guess is once you move here and deal with the schools you will probably want to move somewhere else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: june cleaver ()
Date: May 02, 2012 11:11PM

Megan, Sandy, Elizabeth and Patty aren't going to be happy until FCPS starts selling pot in the cafeteria lines. Nothing is too good for the spoiled, over-protected middle and upper class white kids they represent These people are not fit to hire a cleaning crew much less the next school superintendent. Heaven help us -- and our kids!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: ypoi ()
Date: May 03, 2012 07:22AM

Hey you are NO June Cleaver, I knew June Cleaver and she was nice and kind and wore high heels and a freshly starched apron all day- I see you there in your moo moo with spandex yoga pants and huge muffin tops. You apparently don't take this seriously and probably don't have kids-DO not, I repeat, DO NOT, reproduce, watch the movie Idiocracy and see yourself. People who assume that this affects spoiled kids are probably just wanting to abuse their own. GROW UP ASSHOLE. This is a serious and real issue that most of you want to assume only affects whatever you consider "bad kids". No. Heres a question for you: has your child ever been late and it was your fault (for example, you drive them to school and your car won't start...), your child asked you to sign a test or other document and you were too "busy" (probably playing video games), your child has a friend who got in trouble and they knew nothing about it but were loosely associated. Your child got a ride in a car with a friend who had drugs and they had no prior information or suspicion about this....there are a million scenerios in FCPS where good kids get in trouble and ruin their lives, and they did nothing wrong. The morons who make assumptions that this isn't happening just DON"T GET IT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: better luck next time ()
Date: May 03, 2012 07:47AM

I love those posters who, when someone disagrees with them says they probably dont have kids or should'nt.Their own kids are more than likely already screwed up and rather than allow them to accept any responsibility for their own actions, want to blame anyone and everybody for wanting "to get" their darling. The rest of us do the best job parenting we can and deal with problems in an adult manner rather than smearing anyone and everyone doing the job they were hired to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: carol brady ()
Date: May 03, 2012 08:04AM

June said it best:
"Megan, Sandy, Elizabeth and Patty aren't going to be happy until FCPS starts selling pot in the cafeteria lines."

Sandy sees no problem with having marijuana and other illegal substances on school property, Elizabeth and Megan are so in love with themselves they have no idea what their job is as a SB member and Patty, well, she just seems to follow who ever tells her what to do. These 4 are dumbing down our system, they seem to hate staff and love to burn bridges -- Predict they will get nothing substantial done that will strengthen our system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: really??? ()
Date: May 03, 2012 08:43AM

Better luck: your post makes no sense.Why is "to get" in "quotations""""""????

I think you are "a moron", who protests too much, people who say that they are "good parents" simply "aren't." Are you versed on this issue? I think not. You make assumptions and really know nothing about this issue, which is real and true, and troubling for parents who actually care about "their darlings", I bet your nickname for your kids is "little assholes."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: just some luck ()
Date: May 03, 2012 09:08AM

Ok back to my original post, your kids are already screwed up, too bad for you, I'm pretty proud of mine. Since I cant draw a cartoon for you, "to get" means out to get, what the posters who have children they apparently cant supervise too well refer too when the kid gets caught . You apparently consider yourself the only person that is well versed and knows all about the issues. It's sowonderful you are that smart. By the way ,don't go to Charlestown this weekend, your bets won't pay off

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: pot smokers fired ()
Date: May 03, 2012 10:30AM

The parents who are so outraged by pot should demand that FCPS fire every employee who has or does smoke pot.

Let's start with some of the high school principals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Mary Jane2 ()
Date: May 03, 2012 03:56PM

How about let's start with the SB members---Sandy would be out, so too Megan (from California) and everyone else with the exception of perhaps 2 of them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 03:57PM

It was my time to become a Pokemon trainer, but Professor Oak had no more Pokemon to give away.
“You came too late Greg,” he said to me. He had given away all of his good Pokemon.
However, I was in luck, because the Pokemon center had just burnt down and all of the Chanseys died, except one.
“Would you like this Chansey, we have no home for him” said Nurse Joy.
“Yes I will take it” I said. I named the Chansey Elton, after Elton John. It was a girl though.
It took to me very well and I liked Elton a lot.
“Goodbye sweetie, you’re going now” said Mom. And I left Pallet Town. But as I was leaving,
“HEY YOU!” called Chase. Chase is a little bitch and nobody likes him.
We battled and he had a Charmander. Elton won by a lot because Chanseys are special sponges.
“I’ll be seeing you again” said Chase, and I told him goodbye

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 03:58PM

(4 days later)


We had finally arrived at Pewter city where there’s a museum and a lot more. We heard about the gym leader there but Elton told me that she would have a hard time defeating rocks.
Elton was a pessimist and a very unmotivated battler, somewhat of a nihilist.
I tried to tell Elton that if she keeps acting that way people will call her a pussy.
We went to the Gym and we saw Brock.
“hey”; said Brock. I thought Brock was handsome although I was much too young for him, and a guy.
“let’s battle” said Brock, and he took off his shirt and I got a hard on.
Geodude was much too difficult for Elton and she died really fast. Brock noticed my erection and said “what the hell are you doing kid?” I was jacking off and Elton was KOed.
Brock was noticeably excited and so I gave Brock head and he fingered my asshole and so I wouldn’t go to Officer Jenny he gave me a Boulder badge. Elton was fine after I took her to the pokemon center.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 03:58PM

(2 days later)


We were outside of Mt Moon and we saw a Jigglypuff and Elton, being very independent, caught her herself. I named the Jigglypuff Cecilia after that Simon and Garfunkel song.
We ran into Henry, one of the other guys from Pallet Town. He had a Bulbasaur. He saw us near the entrance to Mt Moon and said,
“what are you, the gym leader of fagsville?”
I looked at Elton and Cecilia and he was right, they were both pink and big and round like balls and sometimes they touched and they were really cute.
I said “we are not, that is what you are” but I knew this was not a sensible comeback because he had a Bulbasaur and a Beedrill.
We fought and we lost again and I realized both of my Pokemon suck ass and Elton doesn’t even try to win because she is very busy with very deep existential problems I would never be able to understand.
Henry left and I went to the Pokemon center outside Mt Moon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:00PM

(3 days later)


Elton and Cecilia were both KOed and we were about to reach the end of Mt Moon but there were criminals in the way.
“stop there kid what do you think you’re doing messing with team rocket?” a gruntish man called out to me. I told him we meant no trouble but he threw a Pokeball at me that not only nearly broke my arm but also a Koffing came out and was in no mood for this. Elton and Cecilia were both KOed so I picked up a large rock and I threw at the man and he was knocked into a coma, and also bleeding.
I took 300 dollars and a fighting knife from his body and also felt him up a bit. He was only about 24, 5 thick inches soft.
We made it to Cerulean city and I went to the Pokemon center and then I went on a bridge.
There was a challenge going on and I turned it down because I knew Elton would not want to participate and Cecilia is unable to do anything but sing and pound and neither are good for battle.
Eventually we had to fight a small boy with a Ratata and Cecilia grew at least 4 levels and learned Disable.
“things are looking bright” I said to Cecilia. She was ecstatic, but Elton was still very apathetic.
“we are going to be pokemon masters” I told them.

(later that day)


We arrived at a big house and nobody was home except for a Clefairy. Elton caught this as well. I named it Bowie, after David Bowie, because I liked its hair. This one was a boy. It seemed like it didn’t want to be with us, and it also seemed like it had tried to commit suicide, because there were many label-less empty prescription bottles laying around it.
“this clefairy is more than likely brain damaged” I told Elton, who didn’t care.
“tomorrow we can fight another gym leader” I said.
We woke up and the city was loud because its a small town and Bill had disappeared.
Officer Jenny said “he more than likely looked like a pokemon of some sort”
We realized then that Bowie was Bill, but Bowie did not wake up when Elton and Cecilia and I had woken up, because Bowie had overdosed on various anxiety and other prescription medications.
We threw Bowie’s body into the river near Cerulean.
“the gym is closed today because bill is missing” said a man.
We rented a motel room and watched the news about Bill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:01PM

(the next morning)


The town was still upset because Bills dead body washed up exactly where we had thrown him in.
“this is life” said a man. “the town must go on”
The gym was opened and Cecilia was very excited to battle and Elton was coming as well.
“i am misty” said a teenage girl in a bikini.
“i know” I said.
“my specialty is the sea. water pokemon are relevant to my interests.” she told me. I noticed that she looked like a little slut, and the three pallet town guys who came here before me probably knocked her up. I knew this because


-flashback to before entering the gym-


Robert, who had a Squirtle said, “hey, long time no see greg. i just ate that bitch out”
And assuming he would insult me I said “i just ate you out” but realized afterward I had no need to comeback.


-the end of the flashback-


Cecilia KOed and Elton gave up.
“you have been defeated” said Misty.
“i killed bill and i can kill you too” I said.
Misty began to scream and I said “give me the fucking cascade badge”
Elton looked very nervous and Misty threw the Cascade badge at us and I said “we need to go quickly, elton”
We ran through a house and as far from Cerulean city as we could.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:03PM

(4 days later)


We reached Vermillion City but were unmotivated and were also running from the law. It was agreed between Cecilia and I that we needed a vacation, so we wanted to ride on the cruise ship, but we were very poor and so I said to Elton
“you’re a very rare pokemon, elton, so i am selling you for money for tickets on the SS anne”
Elton didn’t object, because Elton is too deep for me to understand. We made 5 thousand from Elton.
“we have a whole adventure ahead of us, cecilia” I said this to her as she stood up by where Rose stood in Titanic. I realized then my feelings for Cecilia transcended what is considered healthy between a trainer and his Pokemon.
I looked at Cecilia standing there singing and then I pushed her off the ship into the sea.
I had no more Pokemon because I had sold Elton and I had pushed Cecilia off of the SS Anne.
I got off the ship and I went another motel.


(the next morning)


I called Professor Oak and I said “my chansey ran away and i have no more pokemon and i need one”
“im out of pokemon, greg, how did you lose your chansey”
I didn’t know what to say so I hung up very fast.
I went to the Pokemart where I bought 6 pokeballs.
“i see you like balls” said an older man in the store. “i like balls myself.”
The older man was using a Machop to build a house. I let him fondle me and jerk me off and I got his Machop. I named the Machop Greg Jr because I was tired of naming my Pokemon after musical references.
“you are my very first pokemon, greg jr” I said to him, as I lied.

“now I can begin my pokemon adventure”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Mary Jane2 ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:04PM

How about let's start with the SB members---Sandy would be out, so too Megan (from California) and everyone else with the exception of perhaps 2 of them.

And Greg...Nice try --- you must be one of those FECers (Fairfax Education Coalition members) who can't stand other comments that infringe upon your misguided and mean accusations about the system and certain staff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:16PM

Fire them for smoking weed? I think they should force them to hit that shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Mary Jane2 ()
Date: May 03, 2012 04:42PM

Obviously you hit "that shit" JBASS because you are certainly someone who has trouble being coherent and it appears you have too much time on your hands (just saw all your posts). This tells all of us you can't find a decent job and you spend your time ridiculing others because your life is just so sad and hopeless.

You are a leech on society.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: hahahahai ()
Date: May 04, 2012 06:28PM

FCPS are horrible controlly places that no longer offer (if they ever did) a top notch education and the reason-=parents like these who cowtow to authority without thinking it through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: makes sense ()
Date: May 05, 2012 07:38PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be careful Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > Tape if you want to, I don't care. It just
> seems
> > like this could cause you problems.
> >
> > Actually, the statute says it is a felony to
> > disclose the recording. The whole Code Section
> was
> > not posted before.
> >
> > Here some of what is missing – notice #3 & 4.
> > 1. Intentionally intercepts, endeavors to
> > intercept or procures any other person to
> > intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire,
> > electronic or oral communication;
> > 2. Intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or
> > procures any other person to use or endeavor to
> > use any electronic, mechanical or other device
> to
> > intercept any oral communication;
> > 3. Intentionally discloses, or endeavors to
> > disclose, to any other person the contents of
> any
> > wire, electronic or oral communication knowing
> or
> > having reason to know that the information was
> > obtained through the interception of a wire,
> > electronic or oral communication; or
> > 4. Intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the
> > contents of any wire, electronic or oral
> > communication, knowing or having reason to know
> > that the information was obtained through the
> > interception of a wire, electronic or oral
> > communication; shall be guilty of a Class 6
> > felony.
> >
> >
> > The next section says it is not against the law
> to
> > record, it doesn’t say it is legal to play
> the
> > recording for others or disclose the what is on
> > the recording.
> >
> >
> > B2. It shall not be a criminal offense under
> this
> > chapter for a person to intercept a wire,
> > electronic or oral communication, where such
> > person is a party to the communication or one
> of
> > the parties to the communication has given
> prior
> > consent to such interception.
>
>
> Thats actually a pretty astute observation. Of
> course it would seem pretty silly to make it legal
> to tape it while at the same time saying it is
> illegal to ever use it in front of another human
> being. But then again, no one ever said we dont
> have some silly-ass laws.
>
> Either way, that is some good food for thought.
> Personally, Id go ahead and record some lady who
> was trying to ruin my kids life and worry about
> the consequences later.


This actually makes some sense. This lets people record and use the recording if the other person broke the law, but not if they just said something embarrassing. I can see people making recordings of people talking about having affairs, cross dressing or whatever. This would say it’s illegal to post that kind of tape. But if the guy threatens to shoot you or is trying to get you to do something illegal it can be used.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Smartypants ()
Date: May 06, 2012 08:49AM

Fairfax County school system = "Breeding the children of today, to become the better felons of tomorrow."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 07, 2012 03:30PM

Mary Jane2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously you hit "that shit" JBASS because you
> are certainly someone who has trouble being
> coherent and it appears you have too much time on
> your hands (just saw all your posts). This tells
> all of us you can't find a decent job and you
> spend your time ridiculing others because your
> life is just so sad and hopeless.
>
> You are a leech on society.


I love you, too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: The proof is in the pudding ()
Date: May 09, 2012 06:42PM

ypoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there are a million scenerios in
> FCPS where good kids get in trouble and ruin their
> lives, and they did nothing wrong. The morons who
> make assumptions that this isn't happening just
> DON"T GET IT.


I don’t think people are making assumptions that this is or is not happening, they are just questioning people like you who are saying it is happening to get some specific examples. You say there are millions of scenarios. Are these scenarios of what could happen or examples of what has happened? If they have happened, where’s the evidence?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Board Revisits Discipline Policy - Parental notification still absent from proposed changes, but could be introduced through amendments
Posted by: Tonight? ()
Date: May 10, 2012 06:08PM

Is the school board voting on the SRR tonight?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
6mnCM
This forum powered by Phorum.