> Serious question. I own a home constructed in
> 2001. Previously the land had a garage belonging
> to another home. The land was sold off and a
> developer built the home for some Asian people.
> They owned the home for one year and then sold it
> to me in 2002. Since then, there have been lots of
> unexplained knocking sounds which occur in a
> pattern of threes. Three knocks...pause..three
> knocks. This pattern also comes through the cell
> phone signal when making a call from certain
> rooms. My sister has a friend who is psychic and
> she refuses to enter the home. We also have a
> photograph taken in the house and it seems to show
> some kind of figure lying on the sofa - difficult
> to make out. I wonder if someone died a long time
> ago on the land and is haunting the location. This
> is really the first house to sit on the land. Any
> ideas on how to get rid of the ghost?
Yes, just follow the steps below. Also can you scan the picture and post it here?
How to Get a Ghost out of Your House
1. Get rid of negative energy using sage. One way the Native Americans used is a Sage ceremony. It was used to get rid of negative energies in the shelter. To do this, get two packs of sage, burn it, and spread the smoke throughout the house. Say something along the lines of "We mean you no harm, please leave this place in peace." You do not necessarily have to say that, but it has been known to work. However, this method has a few unfortunate downs. See Warnings.
2. This is a messy way, but spread salt on the windowsills (as salt represents a sort of positive energy).
3. Cleanse your home. This way is helpful, as you will "kill two birds with one stone". However, this method requires much preparation. To do this, wash everything in your house. All sheets, curtains, everything. Vacuum/hoover the floors and give the house a really thorough cleaning.
4. Contact your local priest/exorcist. The priest will bless the house, hopefully at the least, making things better. If they don't, turn to the exorcist, who will be able to remove the ghosts.
5. Go through all the rooms in the house, with a small bell, ringing it quietly in each corner.
6. Another way is to get a buddy, go through the house holding hands and saying in a firm voice "This is the house for the living, not the dead. You are dead, so we wish you well to seek the light and move on where you ought to be." Be aware that things could get kind of freaky in a matter of seconds, as ghosts often don't realize that they are dead, so reminding it that fact will cause some surprise (wouldn't you be surprised if someone told you that you were dead?)
7. One other way is to ask the ghost questions, such as "Are you happy that we have moved into this home" and have some kind of code, like one knock on a door is Yes and two is No. This is meant to be handled by experts, though. Ghosts can sense when one is scared, or nervous easily, and can often take advantage of this fact as soon as they realize it. If the answers to your questions are negative, it may be time to look for a new house.
8. Set out some things that the ghost may have left behind during its time on Earth. If the ghost had a diary, set the diary out and the list goes on.
9. Prayer. Pray on your life that the ghost will go. This is often like blessing the house, and has had results.
10. Sprinkle holy water (if you are Christian) throughout the house, as this is also like blessing the house, and has also had results.
11. Using Garlic can help as well, putting garlic in the room, or wearing it around your neck
***The sage method and prayer are the best for getting rid of a spirit. If the spirit is evil or demonic you'll definitely need to contact a church. (Catholic).