HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: 2011 Northern Region HS Football
Posted by: LB QB? ()
Date: October 22, 2011 12:11AM

I went to see LB play tonight and there's a new QB? wtf? New one is good, but I was ready to see the Quigley boy in action. Heard he quit??? Huh??? His bro looked solid tho.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the obvious ()
Date: October 22, 2011 06:47AM

Problems at Lake Braddock.. Lots of disention among the team this year. Now that the superstars are gone, they aren't winning so fingers getting pointed - no trust amongst teammates. On top of that, stupid ass coaches decide to stay with same offense as when Neibrich and Zanaletto were there, but without those players, it obviously isn't going to work. Those are once every 10 year or so, type of players.

So, now that it's getting towards the end of the season, coaches wised up and going back to wing-t offense to better suit the kids they have this year. Anyways, QB Quigley is unhappy, probably because he gets a lot of blame for not being Neibrich and not getting W's. On Wednesday, he ends up taking all his pads off at practice, tries to fight another player, and screams at coaches saying he quits.

Bye-bye QB Quigley. What a cowardly thing to do. Terrible parenting to have a kid act like that - and his daddy is the QB coach at LB!!!!

All of those kids over their are snot nosed, spoiled brats, who feel entitled to everything. Not to surprising these days.

Posted by: Obvi ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:02AM

Obviously you're an idiot. Bad Parenting huh? And you know this to be a fact?

Sadly you do not know anything about the parents or the family. So what do you do? You post here; anonymously too. Couldn't be enough to say something like:

"He quit. What he did was very selfish. Hopefully he'll learn. Glad they won without him."

But no. You go this route. Wonderful.

If you're a parent then I feel bad for you.

Obviously YOU must have raised a perfect child.

Congratulations to you!

Idiot.

Date: October 22, 2011 07:17AM

Sounds like obvi is OBVIOUSLY Quigley's daddy. You're comments are exactly what's wrong with parents these days. They are too afraid to look in the mirror and realize that yes, they are the biggest responsible party for how their kids behave and turn out. If this was a one time, isolated incident for this kid, no big deal. We all make mistakes. By my understanding, this kid has had these types of issues all throughout high school with not just peers, but other coaches as well. Quit being so angry that someone is saying the truth, and do something like make a change in the way you parent. It's never too late.

I am glad LB won without him. Kids with problems like that tend to make teams worse. He nor any other kid with his issues should worry about playing a sport. They should get/be given the help they need to be a good person and to deal with their internal struggles. Best of luck to him, you, and everyone else who goes through something similar.

Posted by: lol wut ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:38AM

i have a boner already for centreville westfield this friday.

Posted by: week 8 scores ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:03AM

One thing is clear, next Friday's game against Westfield and Centreville is the biggest regular season game in the region in the decade I have been here. I have never seen two teams dominate opponents to the extent these two have, both have been unscathed and something has to give. These two schools hate each other, are ranked 1 and 2 in the state of Virginia, are both top 4 in the Washington Post, 1 and 2 on Gameday, one of these two teams will be the state champion, and this will be a preview of the region championship game and by default the state championship. And oh yeah, winner of this game wins the Concorde District, no matter what school you follow, forget them next week and be at this epic clash of titans.

By the numbers Centreville has outscored their opponents 339-82 that is a (42-10 win per game) and Westfield has outscored their opponents 307-60 that is a 38-7 win per game.

Centreville 38 @ Chantilly 13 (an absolute ass kicking, don't let the late 13 points full you)

Falls Church 6 @ Yorktown 55

Jefferson 7 @ Marshall 17

Langley 35 @ South Lakes 3

Lee 0 @ Lake Braddock 14 (What happened to Lee)

Madison 17 @ Fairfax 7 (Madison is playing great for their 2 coaches)

Mount Vernon 13 @ Edison 34

Stone Bridge 38 @ Mclean 6

TC Williams 38 @ Annandale 21

Wakefield 27 @ Stuart 52

Washington and Lee 0 @ Hayfield 36

West Potomac 31 @ Woodson 21 (Woodson is really showing progression under their new coach from the first few weeks)

West Springfield 7 @ South County 13 (all the Pannoni haters, he has a team believing)

Westfield 35 @ Oakton 10 (no surprise here, Oakton and Chantilly are probably 3 and 4 in the region, but no where close to Centreville and Westfield this year)

Posted by: bulldogparent ()
Date: October 22, 2011 10:07AM

To the dumb Cougar fan who said Oakton held Anderson last year, well it didnt happen this year. Anderson got in the end zone 5 times last night

Date: October 22, 2011 10:47AM

Boom goes the dynamite Kendall Anderson with 5 TD's and 247 yards rushing against a team that "supposedly" held him last year, what happened Oakton? Well anywho biggest game of the year in the state this week. The top two programs in the state face off in a huge match up of unbeatens and only one will come away with the Win, and the winner is the favorite from the Northern Region to go the the state title game. I think it's a close game that involves lots of Defense and even though it's a home game for Centreville, don't count out the mighty bulldogs

Prediction:
Westfield 20
Centreville 17

Posted by: the truth is ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:12AM

Centreville 14, Westfield 10

Premature Scoreline has... Westfield @ Centreville (-3.5)

Both offenses are real talented, but both defenses are fantastic, this will be a defensive game that comes down to the running game.

Centreville's pass coverage will take out Basil, and Centreville doesn't have a strong passing game. This game will come down to the run and who is more effective, Manny Smith or Kendal Anderson. Kendal had that unbelievable game last night, but I still believe Manny Smith is the better back.

I am not a fan of either of these schools, but cannot wait for Friday, this game will be special and a close one. This will be meaningless in a few weeks though, as they'll meet for the region championship as the 1 and 2 seeds and this result won't mean much then. But hey, I guess winning a district championship is a reason to wakeup for this game.

Posted by: Wooo ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:49AM

I live nearly an hour away from Centreville, and I'm contemplating going to this game.

My prediction though

Westfield - 24
Centreville- 13

Posted by: prediction ()
Date: October 22, 2011 12:31PM

my prediction for this once-in-a-decade game is

Centreville - 17
Westfield - 14

Posted by: DEStewart01 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 12:58PM

Stuart was up 46-7 at the beginning of the 4th over Wakefield. IF they win out over W&L and Falls Church... they'll be 6-4. Looking for their first winning season since 1995. They were 5-5 and in the playoffs last year. Hopefully 6-4 gets them in. The loss to Mt. Vernon hurt the most. They should be 5-3, looking for 7-3. Oh well.

I think #74 Tony Konjevoda,has been the most dominating Dlineman in the National District this year.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 01:52PM

Stuart won't get past Stone Bridge or South County, who cares what they do in D5.

Posted by: DEStewart01 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:07PM

your favorite team doesnt have to be the best team... plus i always root for the underdog. if it's yorktown vs stone bridge... go yorktown!

Date: October 22, 2011 02:09PM

steve k2 - why are you such a hater? did u really quit your high school team as a soph? or, is that false... maybe you never played?

steve k2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stuart won't get past Stone Bridge or South
> County, who cares what they do in D5.

Posted by: battle of whs cvhs ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:25PM

Last year a very mediocre Westfield ended the undefeated Wildcats streak with a 34-14 ass whooping wear Manny Smith was only limited to 50 rushing yards. Centreville has never beaten Westfield in there 11 years of being open.

prediction

westfield- 28
centreville- 14

Posted by: Stats Guy ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:26PM

Based on my predictions for the next two weeks and that Robinson loses to Herndon this afternoon, Stuart will end up 10th in power points (even though they will be 6-4) and will not make the playoffs. Assuming no big upsets in the next two weeks the playoff picture and final power points are as follows:

Div 6
1 Westfield 34.4
2 Centreville 34.2
3 Oakton 30.5
4 Chantilly 28.7
5 West Potomac 28.5
6 Fairfax 26.8
7 Lake Braddock 26.6
8 West Springfield 22.2

Div 5
1 Yorktown 31.4
2 Stone Bridge 31.1
3 Hayfield 29.9
4 Madison 27.9
5 South County 27.5
6 Lee 25.4
7 McLean 24.8
8 Mount Vernon 24.2

Date: October 22, 2011 02:38PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> steve k2 - why are you such a hater? did u really
> quit your high school team as a soph? or, is that
> false... maybe you never played?

Don't know where you heard that, but facts are facts, Stuart is not very good at sports, they lost to a terrible Annandale team, beat a bad TJ team by 2, and have no signature win, in fact they have not beat an above .500 team this year. I'm just merely stating the obvious, they don't have a shot at hell at doing anyhting in the postseason and it's a big deal when they go .500. They will take a step back as these seniors graduate too, Stuart football what a waste of time.

Then for the above poster, commenting on a mediocre Westfield team winning last year, Centreville was pretty mediocre as well. They just had more wins and fell into a trap of over confidence at Westfield. Centreville has beaten Westfield in the past too, so an irrelevant fact. Both these teams are way better than last year, and after seeing them both, I am fairly certain Centreville is better, Westfield will just have to prove me wrong.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:03PM

Actually, Centreville won the opening match-up between C'ville and Westfield 10-7 in 2001. Westfield has won 9 in a row (2002-2010).

Posted by: Wildcat Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 03:35PM

Well lets hope C-ville can turn the tides!

Posted by: Re: The Obvious ()
Date: October 22, 2011 04:34PM

No you imbecile, I am not his “daddy”. I am a teacher and have had all (4) of the Quigley children in my class.

While you may be correct about his past issues, why would you go on here and tell everyone in this manner? What is your motivation?

What bothers me is you do in fact have intimate knowledge of the LB football program. This troubles me greatly. The only thing I can figure out is you have a son who plays the same position. You are someone who is hurt, disappointed and, more than likely, "obviously" ANGRY(?) your son wasn’t chosen to replace him. If that is the case – and I will bet a dime to a dollar it is – then you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. What an incredible display by someone who "obviously" lacks basic parenting skills, communication skills, and morals. Nicely done.

What happened that it has come to this? I bet your parents would never have placed something on a message board like you did/do. They must be very proud of you.
Last night was a great lesson for Mr. Quigley. Now, the question I have for you is, what is the lesson your son is being taught by you? Not a very good one in my opinion.

God help us.

Posted by: Roger ()
Date: October 22, 2011 05:51PM

Quigley sounds like a spoiled brat. Glad he quit.

Posted by: footballfanatic ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:39PM

Anybody else check out that Robinson-Herndon game today? I was there and all I can say is Robinson's running backs are very good...but they will get there asses PIPED against Oakton. Guarentee it.

Posted by: innocent ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:24PM

Everyone is talking about lake braddock and this quigley kid, he's good but honestly that game basically ment nothing and didn't show the full capabilities of either teams with lake braddock's starting QB being absent and Lee's leading reciever getting injured after only two receptions in the first quater

Posted by: harry j ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:58PM

I think I'm going to the Stone Bridge Madison game. What a great story the Madison team is.

Posted by: LB Parent/Fan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:23PM

Posted by: innocent ()

Date: October 22, 2011 09:24PM

Everyone is talking about lake braddock and this quigley kid, he's good but honestly that game basically ment nothing and didn't show the full capabilities of either teams with lake braddock's starting QB being absent and Lee's leading reciever getting injured after only two receptions in the first quater.

Really, it meant nothing??? A district game, both teams fighting for there playoff lives? It does make a difference not to have either of those two players in the game, but LB's D might have played their best game to date and the offense managed to get more than 7 points, so they won.

Let's be real here, Lee is in trouble, whether KT is healthy or not. Anyone who's watched them know that they are going to go deep to him with the "throwing qb" when they line up in 4X1. Then when Diggins is in at QB he's run first. The only other plays they run are: bubble screen, and some zone read. Not really hard to stop IMO. That team relies heavily on the the big play! Not a whole lot of putting drives together. What is with the 2 qb system?

Now LB does have issues, and it does seem like the above poster is someone on the inside, a little too much detail of the events that occured. Call him or any kid what you want, but they are just that, kids, and they make mistakes and hopefully Quigley learned something from this past week. It is unfair to say that he has cracked under pressure, or that he is not Neibrich etc. Bottom line, the wide outs aren't very good except for his brother and maybe others that play other positions, and the line is suspect. The OC is afraid to run the ball, that was evident when they were on the 5 yard line and passed the ball 4 straight times, similar to the previous week against Robinson - Redzone = Pass! Bottom line, LB does have some decent players, that can help them contend, but a handful of them are on defense. Here's a suggestion, play your best players at all times.

It will be interesting to see how the situation is handled going into this week. From what it seems, Koch is the QB for the duration.

Posted by: lee burton ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:52PM

what about #50 steven burton from lee.... he's pretty good too?

Posted by: lee parent/fan ()
Date: October 23, 2011 12:34AM

Understandable but even if what your saying is true about lee, they have the athletes and the playbook to make the "big plays" at any given point throughout the game. Yes Diggins is a run first qb, but he also has an arm that has to be respected, and in KT's case yes he can make big plays deep but the double defending that teams bring to stop him opens up doors for other players such as Lewis who has been just as successfull as KT at his position, and even if teams expect the pass when Hann (passing qb) gets in its a spread offence doors open up depending on the route combo,so if teams go man why wouldn't lee throw the long ball. They just have to get back on the right track and find the rhythm they had at the beginning of the season

Posted by: nothing else ()
Date: October 23, 2011 12:12PM

There is simply nothing else that anybody should be talking about on this thread except for the Westfield @ Centreville game this Friday.

Number 1 and 2 in the entire state playing on (1)Centreville's turf. This will be monumental.

Posted by: youngblood ()
Date: October 23, 2011 02:11PM

I honestly think Westfield will blow them out. No particular reason why, but I just have a feeling

Date: October 23, 2011 02:52PM

Trust me Westfield will not blow out Centreville, when both teams are averaging 32 point wins, this will be a close game. I give the slight edge to Westfield only because they have a stronger passing game and despite both teams having a great run game, both teams have a stronger run stopping defense.

Also HUGE game is right, but Westfield is number 3 in the state not 2, Phoebus occupies that spot and in actuality should be number 1 boasting the nation's longest current winning streak. That is a mute point though as Phoebus is in D5 and will beat Stone Bridge as always.

Posted by: AsphaultG ()
Date: October 23, 2011 03:05PM

nothing else Wrote:
> There is simply nothing else that anybody should
> be talking about on this thread except for the
> Westfield @ Centreville game this Friday.
>
> Number 1 and 2 in the entire state playing on
> (1)Centreville's turf. This will be monumental.

They are the best teams in the region, but they definately do not have the best individually talented players in the region. I want to hear about players as well. Also, who are the best coaches in the region? Just in case someone wants to know if they should avoid a bad coach.

Posted by: nothing else ()
Date: October 23, 2011 04:23PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Trust me Westfield will not blow out Centreville,
> when both teams are averaging 32 point wins, this
> will be a close game. I give the slight edge to
> Westfield only because they have a stronger
> passing game and despite both teams having a great
> run game, both teams have a stronger run stopping
> defense.
>
> Also HUGE game is right, but Westfield is number 3
> in the state not 2, Phoebus occupies that spot and
> in actuality should be number 1 boasting the
> nation's longest current winning streak. That is
> a mute point though as Phoebus is in D5 and will
> beat Stone Bridge as always.

Phoebus is not number 2 any longer, their winning streak ended.

Posted by: proof ()
Date: October 23, 2011 04:29PM

Date: October 23, 2011 04:43PM

Wow, I stand corrected. The story line gets better and better for this game on Friday.

Posted by: chill pill ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:15PM

Woah Nellie!!! Before we declare this to be the game of the century, please see it for what it really is, It's a game to determine who gets homefield advantage for the game that actually matters... the Regional Championship game. The Concorde powers will most likely finish 1-4 in power points and then dominate in thier first round playoff games (against LB, FX, WS, and WP). So, we will see Westfield-Chantilly and Centreville-Oakton rematches in the semis, then WF-CV in the Regional final.

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: October 23, 2011 06:44PM

All true, but the game this Friday will be the only one where both teams are undefeated. That adds to the suspense.

Posted by: LB Parent/Fan ()
Date: October 23, 2011 07:15PM

Last I checked the Subject line on this thread was "2011 Northern Region HS Football," which encompasses all the schools within. If you only want to talk about Centreville vs Westfield (the two top teams this year and both are playing very well) then start another thread. This forum is open.

Don't get me wrong, they - Lee, have the personnel (they might have the best talent across the board in the Patriot, on offense) as well as the playbook (that Renner sold to everybody that asked) to make "big plays," but if that is all you are looking for, then you will have trouble against decently coached teams. When you run the spread you want to find the mismatches, which a lot of the times are the slot receivers who in most cases have lbs covering them (unless teams employ a nickle type coverage). So even if they double KT, Diggins and CJ should have the matchups you want. Take it step further, get Jolly in the mix, he will outrun most lbs that they face and he's only a Sophomore. Agreed, Diggins has a decent enough arm and you do have to respect it, my point is that it is more advantagous to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time. The problem with this offense is when you tag the route for the QB, you never teach him to read the coverage and see the other reads, plus it takes a ton of time to learn how the system goes. Why wouldn't you throw the long ball? How about 2nd and 6, 3rd and 3 and not going pass, pass, pass - PUNT and put your Defense back on the field 15 to 20 seconds (on the clock) later. Oh my bad, I could easily be talking about LB, but at least Coach Taylor will attempt to run the ball at times, LB avoids it like the plague. Running the ball allows you to use some clock, then have the quick strike capability. Lee needs these next two to give them some "mo" going into the playoffs.

Westfield vs. Centreville - definately the game to watch this week, and I got Westfield coming out on top with a 10 to 14 point lead. These teams are playing head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. However, I don't think this will be the prequel to the regional final, one of these teams will get upset, by a team that everyone least expects (and no, I'm not saying its going to LB either, they have to figure out how to get out of their own way). You heard it here first!

Posted by: Northern Region Fan ()
Date: October 23, 2011 07:19PM

Even though they haven't made the playoffs in a decade, TC could sneak in that 8th spot and win the Westfield/Centreville sweepstakes. They are playing decent ball the last two games.

Date: October 23, 2011 07:43PM

Sounds like you have some inapproprate feelings for your students or something. That's uncomfortable. Does your employer know about your relationships with all the Quigley children? In case you didn't realize this, it is a public forum where people shoot the shit about whatever they want and people's names come up all the time when describing situations. For me, I have no motivation, was just giving the first poster the information I was told from people involved in the football program. I do not have any kid on the team or any kid at all for that matter so while you want to crucify me for telling the facts, you are the one running off at the mouth. Wonder if it's just keyboard courage or if you have the balls to step up and run your mouth like a little bitch in person. I will be at the next game, so let me know how you want to handle this.

The world is a changing place bud, and technology such as this site is just one form of how news gets spread. Wake up from the dream world you live in and realize what the world around you is actually like. What a pathetic disgrace of a human being. I guess that's why you teach, right. Those who do, can, those who don't, teach.

Re: The Obvious Wrote:
> No you imbecile, I am not his “daddy”. I am a
> teacher and have had all (4) of the Quigley
> children in my class.
>
> While you may be correct about his past issues,
> why would you go on here and tell everyone in this
> manner? What is your motivation?
>
> What bothers me is you do in fact have intimate
> knowledge of the LB football program. This
> troubles me greatly. The only thing I can figure
> out is you have a son who plays the same position.
> You are someone who is hurt, disappointed and,
> more than likely, "obviously" ANGRY(?) your son
> wasn’t chosen to replace him. If that is the
> case – and I will bet a dime to a dollar it is
> – then you should be absolutely ashamed of
> yourself. What an incredible display by someone
> who "obviously" lacks basic parenting skills,
> communication skills, and morals. Nicely done.
>
> What happened that it has come to this? I bet
> your parents would never have placed something on
> a message board like you did/do. They must be
> very proud of you.
> Last night was a great lesson for Mr. Quigley.
> Now, the question I have for you is, what is the
> lesson your son is being taught by you? Not a
> very good one in my opinion.
>
> God help us.

Date: October 23, 2011 08:02PM

For those that say Westfield-Centreville is just a regular season game for home field advantage keep in mind this is the district championship game. Both these teams want a Concorde District Championship in their trophy case, may not be the region, but a pretty big deal in the best district in the state of Virginia

Posted by: chill pill ()
Date: October 23, 2011 08:23PM

Well said. The teams will battle with the district title and bragging rights at stake.

steve k2 Wrote:
> For those that say Westfield-Centreville is just a
> regular season game for home field advantage keep
> in mind this is the district championship game.
> Both these teams want a Concorde District
> Championship in their trophy case, may not be the
> region, but a pretty big deal in the best district
> in the state of Virginia

Posted by: desetewart01 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 12:19PM

I guess Stuart has to root for Mt Vernon to lose to squeak in the playoffs.

Posted by: Swimmer ()
Date: October 24, 2011 12:45PM

I was at the Westfield/TC game. Looks like they were the only ones to give them somewhat of a challenge. Would love to see a 1st round rematch. TC needs a lot of help to get in though. Good luck to them.

Date: October 24, 2011 01:22PM

Mt Vernon has to lose to Yorktown (done deal) and Wakefield (a true long shot) for Stuart to get in.

Date: October 24, 2011 01:36PM

If TC wins out over Lee (could happen) and WestPo (unlikely) then they could get the 8th slot, depending on several other games going in thier favor.

Re: Obvious
Posted by: Obvi ()
Date: October 24, 2011 07:19PM

Sounds like you have some inappropriate feelings for your students or something. That's uncomfortable. Does your employer know about your relationships with all the Quigley children?

How in God's name did you come to that conclusion?

You really are a messed up soul.

You have no son on the team yet YOU are at every game AND you know as much as you do? Seriously, there is really something wrong with you.

Oh and um, WHO is "hiding" behind an IP address? You were the one calling names but not putting yours down.

You are one sincere hypocrite and I guarantee you Greg kicks the shit out of you if you were to come forward and tell him what you put here! But I know that would never happen.

You are one of those very obese older men who sit at a PC all day making $100K and wishing you were someone else.

Oh and I will be at the Centreville/Westfield game since I live there and it will be a much better game than whoever LB plays, though I do hope they win.

I do wish you the best though. Honestly I do.

Posted by: Edison fan ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:45PM

Stat guy, Does Edison still have a shot at the playoffs if they beat hayfield at home in two weeks?

They moved a new kid to running back and he is the real deal. Definitely reminds me of former Edison stand outs. I think the kid is an underclassmen which means Edison may be back

Posted by: reporter811 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:49PM

Im looking for the best athletes in the state at these positions does anyone have anyone in mind?
wide reciever in the state
qb in the state
running back in the state
saftey in the state
line-backer in the state

Posted by: Edison Supporter ()
Date: October 25, 2011 07:45AM

The new kid is one of their slot receivers who they have moved to the backfield. In the last two games he has rushed for 290 yards on 24 carries. I think if Edison wins out they will likely be the 8th seed.

Date: October 25, 2011 08:49AM

Based on my game predictions if Edison wins out - Wakefield (sure thing) and Hayfield (unlikely) they make the playoffs and face StoneBridge in the first round.

Posted by: the truth on edison ()
Date: October 25, 2011 12:06PM

Who cares, all that means is Edison loses by 50 in the first round. Edison gave up 70 points to an anemic Chantilly offense.

Posted by: Real talk ()
Date: October 25, 2011 01:43PM

Westfeild at Centreviile... Game of the year, hands down.

Posted by: Real talk ()
Date: October 25, 2011 01:46PM

^ it should be on ESPN ^

Posted by: Madden ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:11PM

LB QB must have faced much pressure to perform. With father and brother on offensive coaching staff, did that add to the pressure even more? Tough situation when a player walks away from the game altogether. Was he playing for pop and bro, or himself and team?

Posted by: Carson Palmer ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:23PM

There is no "I" in team, but there is M+E = ME.

Posted by: The thing iS ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:29PM

If westfield or centreville played any team in the nation that had a top 100 nationally ranked runningback, they would get killed. Neither team has any players that will go on to play D1 football.

Posted by: uhhhh ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:43PM

The thing iS Wrote:
> If westfield or centreville played any team in the
> nation that had a top 100 nationally ranked
> runningback, they would get killed. Neither team
> has any players that will go on to play D1
> football.

Hahahahahhaha you just sound ignorant. Have you checked out Ken Ekanem's top schools?

Posted by: Thoughts/Predictions ()
Date: October 25, 2011 04:19PM

I like the Madison-Stone Bridge match up. Any thoughts or predictions? Who wouldnt want to see Madison beat Stone Bridge? Besides the Stone Bridge kids and parents? What a dream season Madison is having. Good Job Lenny Schultz and company.

Posted by: thing IS ()
Date: October 25, 2011 04:25PM

My bad forgot about him. But congrats on naming the one high D1 prospect on both teams rosters. Teams in other states would laugh that this is VA's best. And if you think either of those teams could contain a top 100 RB, your crazy.

Posted by: blahblahblah12 ()
Date: October 25, 2011 08:23PM

this is() your an idiot dont make anymore comments

Posted by: GOJAGS ()
Date: October 25, 2011 09:05PM

FALLS CHURCH FOOTBALL RULEZ!!!!!

Posted by: Edison eagles ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:32PM

^ lol! ^

Posted by: Typical ()
Date: October 26, 2011 11:59PM

QB Quigley is back on team. Not kidding. Never any consequences for horrible behavior. Those boys should have been expelled a long time ago. My son and daughter would have been expelled if they did the things they have done over the years. There are different rules for athletes. Also, wtf is the deal with all these dads on the sideline???? They can't leave junior's side.

Posted by: Please.... ()
Date: October 27, 2011 05:01AM

Typical Wrote:
> QB Quigley is back on team. Not kidding. Never any
> consequences for horrible behavior. Those boys
> should have been expelled a long time ago. My son
> and daughter would have been expelled if they did
> the things they have done over the years. There
> are different rules for athletes. Also, wtf is the
> deal with all these dads on the sideline???? They
> can't leave junior's side.

Awww, Typical. Sniff, sniff. :'(

Is your feewings hurt?

Look, you are the same mom or dad who posted earlier about the Quigley kid and had some dialogue with another stool sample on here. It is quite apparent you have something against the family as per you comments about the kid and LB football. Why? You will be fine. Your kid will be fine. No one cares what you think.

I was expelled as a senior for fighting. One of the worst experiences in my entire life, though I deserved it. My point is, everyone cries about how FCPS expels kids at the drop of a hat; that it should think about other ways to punish kids. Yet, here you are stating he should have been expelled. Why?

I just now went back and read the post from "you" and another idiot, supposedly a teacher, going back and forth regarding this kid. As I said previously, clearly you are the same poster.

What is it about this kid you dislike so much?

Re: the dads - maybe, just maybe, they know something about the game. Would you rather have a situation like I just moved (LCPS) from where they do NOT allow any parent to coach a HS team which their kid plays on, even if you are a) over qualified, and b) all parents love and back a particular applicant because he or she is fair, knowledgable and is great with, and for, kids?

Pick your poison. Are you more worried about only YOUR kid? I know the answer.

Just another "typical" who likes to complain. Go for it.

Feewing betwer now? :-)

Posted by: destewart01 ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:18PM

Stuart is keeping the Bell where it belongs... at Stuart. Sorry GOJAGS.

Posted by: The Fairfax Times ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:31PM

Here is the latest Fairfax Times Northern Region power poll.

1. Centreville 8-0
2. Westfield 8-0
3. Stone Bridge 7-1
4. Oakton 7-1
5. Chantilly 5-3
6. Yorktown 8-0
7. West Potomac 5-3
8. Hayfield 5-2
9. South County 4-3
10. Madison 6-2

Posted by: Week 8 Score Line ()
Date: October 27, 2011 11:08PM

Annandale @ South County (-10.0)

Chantilly (-8.0) @ Herndon

Edison (-21.0) @ Wakefield

Fairfax @ Langley (-3.0) *Upset Pick

Falls Church @ Hayfield (-28.0)

Madison @ Stone Bridge (-20.0)

Mclean (-10.0) @ Jefferson

Oakton (-6.5) @ Robinson *Oakton on upset alert

South Lakes @ Marshall (-3.0) *Upset Pick

Stuart (-6.0) @ W&L

Woodson @ Braddock (-14.0)

West Springfield @ West Potomac (-7.0)

Westfield @ Centreville (-2.5) ***Armagedon, GAME OF THE WEEK

Yorktown (-31.0) @ Mount Vernon

Posted by: Jimbo ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:17AM

I'm not sure where Coach Schultz and his staff came from...but WOW what a great job turning that team around. I have seen a couple games they are the smallest varsity team I have ever seen but they really play hard for there coach.

Date: October 28, 2011 10:25AM

So apparently some kids from centreville spray painted the memorial to Dalton Goldsby, a kid who died from cancer, at Westfield high school. Now this game is even more personal, how low can you be to do something like that? I mean yes westfield has spray painted the C-vile bleachers and stuck forks in the field but NEVER did they spray paint a memorial to someone who died of cancer. Centreville high school, how classless can you be? #beatcentreville

Posted by: Warhawk Proud ()
Date: October 28, 2011 01:54PM

The Madison Warhawks would like to thank the Stone Bridge Bulldogs for being thoughtful enough to send the lovely funeral wreath to our school today. You just cant ever get enough fresh flowers, they are over the top. We figure that with your new uniforms, huge inflatable tunnel, score boards complete with players photos and spectacular facilities you have nothing left to spend your money on and you are desperately trying to avoid a surplus. So we appreciate that you all are taking the time and money to acknowledge to us that we have come a long way. We are grateful to know that we have moved up from undetected dirt in your cleats to a worthy opponent.

Posted by: oh shut up ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:00PM

Madison's a joke, they'll get their ass kicked tonight.

Stone Bridge plays an absolute joke schedule, so they're trying to hype a game that they'll win by 35, you dig?

Posted by: Wildcat Fan ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:12PM

Westfield Bulldog Wrote:
> So apparently some kids from centreville spray
> painted the memorial to Dalton Goldsby, a kid who
> died from cancer, at Westfield high school. Now
> this game is even more personal, how low can you
> be to do something like that? I mean yes westfield
> has spray painted the C-vile bleachers and stuck
> forks in the field but NEVER did they spray paint
> a memorial to someone who died of cancer.
> Centreville high school, how classless can you be?
> #beatcentreville

Sorry to hear about that. I have not heard anybody talking about it. And yes, Westfield will be coming out with a vengance. I really hope C-ville kids didnt do that.

Posted by: alt score predicts ()
Date: October 28, 2011 07:05PM

Annandale 3 @ South County 24

Chantilly 35 @ Herndon 14

Edison 35 @ Wakefield 7

Fairfax 14 @ Langley 17

Falls Church 0 @ Hayfield 49

Madison 10 @ Stone Bridge 35

Mclean 28 @ Jefferson 7

Oakton 14 @ Robinson 21

South Lakes 13 @ Marshall 14

Stuart 28 @ W&L 7

Woodson 7 @ Braddock 35

West Springfield 24 @ West Potomac 21

Westfield 17 @ Centreville 7

Yorktown 24 @ Mount Vernon 21

Lee 24 @ TCW 14

Posted by: Lol at Madison ()
Date: October 28, 2011 08:21PM

Madison is garbage, they're terrible.

Posted by: gameday ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:40PM

Nothing on the CVHS vs. Westfield game on gameday but it does have the following scores:

Oakton 39 Robinson 8 5:13 4th.

Chantilly 21 Herndon 0 12:00 4th

Stone Bridge 28 Madison 7 12:00 4th

Posted by: lolwut ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:51PM

Im hearing about an overtime win in the westfield C ville game,

unrelated: annandale 0 south county 49

Posted by: lolwut ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:53PM

lolwut Wrote:
> Im hearing about an overtime win in the westfield
> C ville game,
>
>
>
> unrelated: annandale 0 south county 49

13, 10 WESTFIELD

Posted by: Berdhuis ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:55PM

Westfield 13 - Centerville 10 in OT.

Centerville had the stronger offense - easily outgained the Bulldogs in yardage, but Westfield had the scrappier defense and special teams.

In OT, Westfield had the ball first, kicked a FG. Then Centerville takes the ball and promptly fumbles with Westfield recovering - end of game!

Posted by: Quigley ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:32PM

When the Quigley twins were on the freshman football team they teamed up and beat up a teammate in the locker room together. They were slapped on the wrist and remained on the team. They are douches who think they are the shit cause they're brother was hot shit way back when and their dad is on team. Tanner has a right to be cocky, he's actually good, Tyler sucks though.

As for the guy who said he's had all the Quigleys in class, I'm guessing its an assistant football coach.

Posted by: Thanks for the Flowers Stone Bridge ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:26AM

The funeral wreath sent to Madison from Stone Bridge earlier today was truly outrageous. Those of us in the stands especially appreciated the gesture when the game began with a reminder from Stone Bridge's announcer about "sportsmanlike behavior." Seriously?

Posted by: Quigley?? ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:29AM

Tanner isnt that good, he had a d1 QB and his brother to throw to him, my 2 year old baby could do what he does

Posted by: dumbp ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:30AM

Stone Bridge didnt send those. That was an assistant looking for cheap heat. Madison sent those to Madison.

Date: October 29, 2011 08:36AM

dumbp Wrote:
> Stone Bridge didnt send those. That was an
> assistant looking for cheap heat. Madison sent
> those to Madison.

Typical rich parent response, my son would never do that. Whatever, it was no big deal though.

Posted by: KeepitReal ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:28AM

I have heard from several kids that they have played all sports with the Quigley's, said they have always behaved in a spoiled manner and have tremendous tempers. I have witnessed it in games the disrespect to coaches. Problem at LB, too many fathers coaching, and too many Chef's in the kitchen. They don't have the players to run the spread effectively to go against the better teams in the area. They also haven't given the run game a chance to develop with game experience. He should not have been able to play at least the first game back. Personally he should have been kept off the team.

Posted by: Sponge Bob ()
Date: October 29, 2011 05:19PM

Quigleys are legends in their own minds. Easy to be a star, when your pops is the coach. After leaving LB, they have done DIDDLY-SQUAT.

Posted by: earl g ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:25PM

You are a dumb fuck both teams have multiple kids that have D1 offers.

Posted by: bmf ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:34PM

What game were you at?? The C-ville defense dominated the game. They gave up 74 yards and 4 1st downs. Both Westfield scores fumble recovery and FG after bad snap.

Date: October 30, 2011 09:17AM

bmf Wrote:
> What game were you at?? The C-ville defense
> dominated the game. They gave up 74 yards and 4
> 1st downs. Both Westfield scores fumble recovery
> and FG after bad snap.

You're right, Centreville really looked like the more complete team, with a dominant defensive front 7.

In a game like this though, just goes to show you one stupid play can determine the outcome of the game. When Centreville fumbled the kickoff return on a handoff, that was the game.

Posted by: Berdhuis ()
Date: October 30, 2011 09:33AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> bmf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What game were you at?? The C-ville defense
> > dominated the game. They gave up 74 yards and 4
> > 1st downs. Both Westfield scores fumble
> recovery
> > and FG after bad snap.
>
>
> You're right, Centreville really looked like the
> more complete team, with a dominant defensive
> front 7.
>
> In a game like this though, just goes to show you
> one stupid play can determine the outcome of the
> game. When Centreville fumbled the kickoff return
> on a handoff, that was the game.

That wasn't necessarily a dumb play, I think, it's just that the Westfield defense and special teams were more aggressive about forcing turnovers. Yes, the Centerville offense was dominant between the 20 and 20 yard lines, but were in the end held only to one TD and one FG. That was no fluke.

Perhaps in an unexpected way, Westfield had the more complete team.

Date: October 30, 2011 09:37AM

I was 13-15 last week on my predictions so the results have changed a little. Based on my predictions for this week the playoff picture and final power points are as follows:

Div 6
1 Westfield 34.4
2 Centreville 34.0
3 Oakton 30.5
4 Chantilly 29.1
5 West Potomac 28.5
6 Lake Braddock 26.7
7 Fairfax 25.2
8 Robinson 23.2

Div 5
1 Yorktown 31.8
2 Stone Bridge 31.7
3 Hayfield 29.9
4 Madison 27.9
5 South County 27.7
6 Langley 26.3
7 Lee 25.2
8 Mount Vernon 24.0

Just so you know the above power points are based on the following predictions:

Centreville over Oakton
Chantilly over Robinson
Westfield over Herndon
Stone Bridge over Fairfax
Jefferson over South Lakes
Langley over McLean
Madison over Marshall
Hayfield over Edison
Stuart over Falls Church
Mount Vernon over Wakefield
Yorktown over Washington-Lee
Lee over Annandale
Lake Braddock over West Springfield
South County over Woodson
West Potomac over TC Williams

and the folloiwng non-district teams' final game results: Winners: Broadrun, Louisa Co, Woodrow Wilson (DC); Losers: Freedom(LC) and George Mason.

Thre are a lot of individual games that can change the above, for example if Springfield beats Braddock then they are in and Robinson is out. If McLean beats Langley then they are in, MV is out and Yorktown/SB switch places etc. etc. never seen so many different possible outcomes in the last week.

Posted by: highschoolfootballfan00 ()
Date: October 30, 2011 09:57AM

Many are forgetting the amount of penalties Westfield's defense racked up in the first half which moved Centreville to mid-field and on Westfield side of the field. Westfield's offense looked terrible but Centreville hired there former offense cooridinator so there defense should of dominated like they did because they knew what was coming. It was a great game and I cannot wait to see these two meet again in the regional championship.

Posted by: playoffs ()
Date: October 30, 2011 11:17AM

I know power points are what they are, but if the Div 6 field plays out like it prob will, isn't a flaw in the system that Robinson at (3-7) gets in over WS at (4-6) despite losing to WS and have a worse won/loss record? It shows me that way too much credit (bonus points) is given for losing to teams with good records.

On another topic, why does the Concorde have only six schools, while all others have eight? Why not move Lake Braddock (2800 students) to the Concorde? This would also enhance the rivaly with Robinson. Seems like an easy shift to balance out the districts.

Stats Guy Wrote:
> I was 13-15 last week on my predictions so the
> results have changed a little. Based on my
> predictions for this week the playoff picture and
> final power points are as follows:
>
> Div 6
> 1 Westfield 34.4
> 2 Centreville 34.0
> 3 Oakton 30.5
> 4 Chantilly 29.1
> 5 West Potomac 28.5
> 6 Lake Braddock 26.7
> 7 Fairfax 25.2
> 8 Robinson 23.2
>
> Div 5
> 1 Yorktown 31.8
> 2 Stone Bridge 31.7
> 3 Hayfield 29.9
> 4 Madison 27.9
> 5 South County 27.7
> 6 Langley 26.3
> 7 Lee 25.2
> 8 Mount Vernon 24.0
>
> Just so you know the above power points are based
> on the following predictions:
>
> Centreville over Oakton
> Chantilly over Robinson
> Westfield over Herndon
> Stone Bridge over Fairfax
> Jefferson over South Lakes
> Langley over McLean
> Madison over Marshall
> Hayfield over Edison
> Stuart over Falls Church
> Mount Vernon over Wakefield
> Yorktown over Washington-Lee
> Lee over Annandale
> Lake Braddock over West Springfield
> South County over Woodson
> West Potomac over TC Williams
>
> and the folloiwng non-district teams' final game
> results: Winners: Broadrun, Louisa Co, Woodrow
> Wilson (DC); Losers: Freedom(LC) and George
> Mason.
>
>
> Thre are a lot of individual games that can change
> the above, for example if Springfield beats
> Braddock then they are in and Robinson is out. If
> McLean beats Langley then they are in, MV is out
> and Yorktown/SB switch places etc. etc. never seen
> so many different possible outcomes in the last
> week.

Date: October 30, 2011 12:06PM

Since 1) everyone doesn't play everone, 2) the Districts are widely different in quality, 3) Districts have D5 and D6 teams and 4) a full playoff is not possible - Power Points are the only fair way to go.

BTW bonus points are given for both wins and losses. In the case you sited

Robinson's bounus points were based as follows:

Wins - Average wins per opponent - 3.67
Losses - Average wins per opponent - 7.71

and Springfield's:

Wins - Average wins per opponent - 2.50
Losses - Average wins per opponent - 6.00

Clearly Robinson beat better teams (over 1 more win per opponent) and lost to better teams (almost 2 more wins per opponent) than Springfield. This resulted in 20 additional bonus points which was enough to offset their additional loss.

Concerning Distric composition, that's all politics so common sense and logic do not apply. I do think it would be more fair if they would make the Concorde and Patriot Districts all D6 and the National and Liberty all D5 - but due to travel distances (that is the excuse - cost of bus fuel) it will never happen.

Posted by: hsfballfan ()
Date: October 30, 2011 03:21PM

is oakton leading the region in rushing?

Posted by: ha ha ()
Date: October 30, 2011 03:42PM

hsfballfan Wrote:
> is oakton leading the region in rushing?

The only thing Oakton is leading the region in is most overrated.

Posted by: Really Keeping It Real ()
Date: October 30, 2011 04:32PM

Posted by: KeepitReal ()

Date: October 29, 2011 09:28AM

I have heard from several kids that they have played all sports with the Quigley's, said they have always behaved in a spoiled manner and have tremendous tempers. I have witnessed it in games the disrespect to coaches. Problem at LB, too many fathers coaching, and too many Chef's in the kitchen. They don't have the players to run the spread effectively to go against the better teams in the area. They also haven't given the run game a chance to develop with game experience. He should not have been able to play at least the first game back. Personally he should have been kept off the team.

Really, my son has played with and against them in several sports and he has the opposite opinion. Sure they have had incidents, but what kid in high school is squeaky clean? Since it appears that you are also a parent of another player on the team, I would ask is your son 100% angel and walks a straight and narrow path? I think not. The majority of the kids at Lake Braddock, and many other schools in FCPS are spoiled and act somewhat entitiled. i.e. Langley, McLean, Robinson, Woodson just to name a few. I've been around for a while and have yet to see them being disrectful to coaches other than their dad at times. They are not perfect, and have a little bit of attitude, but I would think you want a little attitude in a football player rather than someone who is docile. My point is don't get on here and bash these kids and their family, before you make sure that every single duck is in a row in your house.

You state that the problem with LB Football is that there are too many fathers coaching? Was that also the issue in '09 when they went to state, in '10 when the were in the state semi-final, because all three dads were on staff then and all 4 kids were playing then also? So are these kids only playing because their dads are on the staff or is it the fact that they have ability? If you can name a player that can play either of the 4 kid's positions better, name them. Quigleys twins are the best QB/WR, Weiler is the best kicker, and Hoskins is the second leading tackler on defense, is that because of their dads being "Chefs in the kitchen?"

Now the effectiveness of the spread and lack of confidence in the run game, I would have to agree. At least two of the games lost would have resulted in a W if they even tried to run the ball.

Really I think the problem is that they did not properly prepare for life after Neibrich.

Posted by: Patheticism AJ ()
Date: October 30, 2011 04:43PM

This is sad. You go onto an internet forum to bash someone. At least put your name down and not be a complete pussy if you want to talk shit. They have attitudes, so what, at least they don't do hard drugs unlike some players in the region. Sure they're not that good, but they're still better than everyone's kids on this website.

Posted by: Joe C ()
Date: October 30, 2011 04:46PM

That is a dumb post they are 5-1 in there. Have you seen them play? They were down by 8 to Stone Bridge with 4 min to go and had a very questionable on side kick go against them.

Posted by: JR2 ()
Date: October 30, 2011 05:07PM

does Edison stand any chance at beating Hayfield? and if so, could it change the D5 playoff picture?

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.