HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: 2011 Northern Region HS Football
Posted by: ... ()
Date: November 27, 2011 12:42PM

it dont matta cause oakton was trash and dey gonna be trash da next yea. westfield gonna roll everyone next yeah no on stands a chance

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ___WestfieldShithead ()
Date: November 27, 2011 02:08PM

... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it dont matta cause oakton was trash and dey gonna
> be trash da next yea. westfield gonna roll
> everyone next yeah no on stands a chance

Funny, didn't you say the same thing at the beginning of this season?

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:09PM

Funny you think that, Westfield will take a huge hit next year. No way they replace the two biggest play makers in the Northern Region with Basil and Anderson.

Posted by: who will? ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:30PM

First of all congrats to Cvill for winning the region. I agree that westfield will take a huge hit, but they always have a pretty solid team. Cvill will not be anywhere as good as they are this year. Who else will be good?

Posted by: 4shiznits ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:36PM

good luck to Cville, yes they will lose all of their playmakers this year, ekanem, coward, smith, connor and some good lineman, Oakton and westfield have a better chance next year

Posted by: i see ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:46PM

In the concorde I predict westfield can bounce back but with very little in-game experience. Chantilly selfdistructed last year so it would be interesting to see if they can recover. Robinson has a solid team i believe. (correct me if im wrong about robinson). Oakton should have a very talented offense but weak d. finally Herndon might surprise some people if they can replace Schows production.

Posted by: Champ ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:50PM

Good call on the BP/NS score...slappy

Posted by: Champ ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:52PM

you obviously know your football...bp will roll ns? get a clue

Posted by: nrguy ()
Date: November 27, 2011 06:11PM

The balance may shift from the Concord to the Patriot this coming year. The Patriot has been closing the gap the last couple years.

Concord district

Centreville and Westfield have very little returning starters coming back next year. Both were going for broke this year. Look for competitive teams, but nothing dominate.

Oakton a few on offense, nothing on defense. Do they have a permanemt coach yet?

Chantilly is always dangerous, but coaching kills them.

Robinson see Chantilly!!

Patriot district
West Potomac returns maybe the best player in the region, QB Caleb Henderson, and 2 receivers on offense.The defense as usual needs work.
They always have great athletes, so look for them to be a front runner in the region

Lake Braddock returns a good number of starters from this years team. If they find away to run the ball, look for the offense to be very good. The defense is usually solid. Although, this year the defense struggled without the old DC.

TC Williams every year they have a shot, but struggle. Maybe this is the year they put it together.

West Springfield They have the best Runningback in the region,state? if he doesnt transfer to Lake Braddock, they will do well.

Posted by: top 8 d 6 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 06:47PM

1.west pot
2.Chantilly
3.Robinson
4.TC
5.Westfield
6.West Springfield
7.Woodson
8.Herndon

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: November 27, 2011 07:39PM

Chantilly looks like they return the most starters in the concorde district. on offense they return their qb, and 4/5ths of their o-line. they also are getting back a healthy ross simms who didn't play this year because of injury. on defense they return their nose guard and D-tackle, two linebackers, and their corner backs. they also had a sophmore running back who scored some last year. Oakton returns some but nothing serious and westfield returns almost no starters but they have good coaching. this is centreville's last shot to be good. robinson should also do well.

Posted by: otown ()
Date: November 27, 2011 07:54PM

Oakton actually returns many key players. They return their top three running backs. A QB who recieved some playing time at quarterback but showed athleticism at reciever. Three out of 5 o lineman. They return the concord district leader in sacks (yes the most in the district) Joe Allely as well as another d lineman. And their entire secondary.

Posted by: Vienna dude ()
Date: November 27, 2011 09:54PM

Oakton should be tough next year. Several of their underclassmen who played varsity, but did not start, will step up next year, and in some instances, will be better than the graduating seniors they replace. You will see size on the Oakton interior lines that they have not had for a few years. But for the coaching staff's preference for starting seniors, several of these players would have played more this year, and would have had an impact. In particular, they had a soph offensive lineman that manhandled virtually every defender he went up against this year on JV (#77, I believe), and apparently played the game against CVille with a broken hand that was operated on two days later. He will join Utley and Durant next year, along with two other seniors to form the best wall they have had since the 2008 team.

Downer at QB cannot be overlooked. The running game should open up the passing attack, and they should be able to put points on the board.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: November 27, 2011 10:10PM

... Wrote:
> it dont matta cause oakton was trash and dey gonna
> be trash da next yea. westfield gonna roll
> everyone next yeah no on stands a chance

By my count (and I'm probably off) I see at least 17 starters on both sides of the ball that Westfield will need to replace due to graduation. Offensively, this includes their QB, RB, FB, top 3 receivers, TE, and at least 3 O-Linemen.

Posted by: bfdsbfsbsf ()
Date: November 27, 2011 10:38PM

nobody cares about soco?

Posted by: soco ()
Date: November 27, 2011 11:56PM

Soco is in the Patriot District but is not D6. They are D5 - thus it's pointless to discuss them in terms of the other teams contending for th eplayoffs in the Concorde/Patriot

Date: November 27, 2011 11:59PM

On that subject, D5 playoffs will probably be about the same as it always is...

2-3 ok to good teams, 8 to 10 mediocre to crappy teams jumbled up together to try to make the 4 thru 8 seeds, and then Jefferson.

Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: November 28, 2011 12:19PM

Predictions for Virginia State Playoffs Semi-Finals.

Division 6 (The Battle of the Felines)
Centreville WILDCATS 16
Hermitage PANTHERS 9

Oscar Smith TIGERS 27
Battlefield BOBCATS 22

Division 5
South County 30
Hanover 10

Phoebus 27
N. Stafford 14

Posted by: eyeontheball ()
Date: November 28, 2011 12:19PM

Hey, for the Northern Region Champion Wildcats the season is still going on. We play Hermitage at their place in Richmond on Saturday, I hope all the Northern Region fans will come on down and support the Northern Region on our way to the State Championship. I see us playing O Smith in the Championship at Scott Stadium the following week.

If you want to talk about next year, Centreville will be fine. Our JV team went 7-1 beating Lake Braddock and all the Concorde teams except Westfield. The Freshman team was undefeated (for the second year in a row) so we got the players coming up. We had a few Juniors starting on Varsity and a few Sophmores. The real difference is our Coaching staff which knows how to take the talent and Coach them up. Remember this is only their second year leading the program. I think Centreville will start to get some of those "transfers" and "move ins" that Westfield used to get all the time. The Wildcats are back and plan on being here for a long while. The team to that looks like it may be entering tough times is Westfield, their Freshman team last year was garbage. Centreville was beating them 45-0 at half and could have hung a hundred on them easy.

GO WILDCATS!!!

Posted by: Ed ()
Date: November 28, 2011 01:45PM

Thrilling game marred by questionable officiating.

At 3:06, the official calls pass interference on Westfield in the end zone. The video shows the most minimal contact. 99 times out of a 100, that play would not be called a penalty.

At 3:40, the video shows a Centreville catch that is a clear trap. It is a fourth down play, and the catch is good for a 1st down inside the Westfield 10.

At 5:10, the video clearly shows Manny Smith losing a fumble at his own 30 with his knees at least six inches off the ground. The official who ruled him down was staring at the play, not more than five feet away.

At 5:22, Connor Coward is tripped by his own teammate after punting the ball 57 yards. The closest official calls roughing---which gives the Wildcats the ball in Westfield territory.

Admittedly, I am slowing down these plays. This is replay review which is not allowed in high school ball. There is no way to know that any or all of these key calls that went against Westfield would have changed the outcome of the game. But I can say that the calls had a huge impact on the game---exactly what the officials are not supposed to do.

On a brighter note, hats off to Ken Ekanem who tipped two passes. One led to the Wildcats first interception, and the second he picked himself. Chase Walter and Connor Coward also had monster games. Chase ran down a lateral in the 1st qtr. and recovered it on the Bulldog 16, and later intercepted in the second qtr., also in Westfield territory. He also threw a long completion to Connor Coward who, of course, was the hero of the game for Centreville by blocking the late 4th qtr. FG attempt.

For Westfield, Kendell Anderson ran for almost five times as many yards as the first meeting between the teams. He caught a pass for 20 yards and had a huge 62 yard punt return in the 4th qtr. that led directly to the Bulldogs last TD. Quentin Basil was everywhere, middle of the field, sideline, deep sideline catching passes. Centreville could not cover him. Matt Pisarcik did an excellent job all afternoon finding open receivers.

Link: Centreville vs Westfiield Video Highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_fP64-lt4

Posted by: to vienna dude ()
Date: November 28, 2011 04:53PM

There was not one junior who should of played that didnt. The best players played all season. Name me one who didnt. Oakton has a lack of talent and numbers. Its an uphill battle.

Posted by: werenotthere ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:10PM

Ed Wrote:
> Thrilling game marred by questionable officiating.
>
>
> At 3:06, the official calls pass interference on
> Westfield in the end zone. The video shows the
> most minimal contact. 99 times out of a 100, that
> play would not be called a penalty.
>
> At 3:40, the video shows a Centreville catch that
> is a clear trap. It is a fourth down play, and the
> catch is good for a 1st down inside the Westfield
> 10.
>
> At 5:10, the video clearly shows Manny Smith
> losing a fumble at his own 30 with his knees at
> least six inches off the ground. The official who
> ruled him down was staring at the play, not more
> than five feet away.
>
> At 5:22, Connor Coward is tripped by his own
> teammate after punting the ball 57 yards. The
> closest official calls roughing---which gives the
> Wildcats the ball in Westfield territory.
>
> Admittedly, I am slowing down these plays. This is
> replay review which is not allowed in high school
> ball. There is no way to know that any or all of
> these key calls that went against Westfield would
> have changed the outcome of the game. But I can
> say that the calls had a huge impact on the
> game---exactly what the officials are not supposed
> to do.
>
> On a brighter note, hats off to Ken Ekanem who
> tipped two passes. One led to the Wildcats first
> interception, and the second he picked himself.
> Chase Walter and Connor Coward also had monster
> games. Chase ran down a lateral in the 1st qtr.
> and recovered it on the Bulldog 16, and later
> intercepted in the second qtr., also in Westfield
> territory. He also threw a long completion to
> Connor Coward who, of course, was the hero of the
> game for Centreville by blocking the late 4th qtr.
> FG attempt.
>
> For Westfield, Kendell Anderson ran for almost
> five times as many yards as the first meeting
> between the teams. He caught a pass for 20 yards
> and had a huge 62 yard punt return in the 4th qtr.
> that led directly to the Bulldogs last TD. Quentin
> Basil was everywhere, middle of the field,
> sideline, deep sideline catching passes.
> Centreville could not cover him. Matt Pisarcik did
> an excellent job all afternoon finding open
> receivers.
>
> Link: Centreville vs Westfiield Video Highlight
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_fP64-lt4

I doubt you were there because the manny smith fumble was forward progress and the roughing the punter call still seems pretty obvious to me, call it on either of the first two or the westfield player pushing the cvill player into the punter. either way westfield lost.

Posted by: BadCalls ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:16PM

werenotthere Wrote:
>
> I doubt you were there because the manny smith
> fumble was forward progress and the roughing the
> punter call still seems pretty obvious to me, call
> it on either of the first two or the westfield
> player pushing the cvill player into the punter.
> either way westfield lost.

I agree with your assessment of the fumble. They had probably called forward progress. That pass interference call in the endzone though was ridiculous.

Posted by: Oakton ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:18PM

to vienna dude Wrote:
> There was not one junior who should of played that
> didnt. The best players played all season. Name
> me one who didnt. Oakton has a lack of talent and
> numbers. Its an uphill battle.

Lack of talent? First of all Oakton returns 3 of 7 returning 1st or 2nd team all-district selections. As a fan, in my opinion should have been 5 1st or 2nd team players. Chris Durrant the massive tackle who managed honorable mention though only playing one district game. Seconly Joe Allely who led the district in sacks, but still only managed to get honorable mention.

The key players are in place at Oakton. They will not suffer from a lack of talent. In my opinion their offense will be more explosve returning their entire backfield, they just need to put together a solid defensive front to be dominant.

Posted by: WPFan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:08PM

No disrespect to Pisarcik, but how was Henderson not the pick for first team all region, Caleb had 8 more passing touchdowns about 800 more yards the only thing Matt had over him was wins.

Posted by: critical thinking ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:22PM

WPFan Wrote:
> No disrespect to Pisarcik, but how was Henderson
> not the pick for first team all region, Caleb had
> 8 more passing touchdowns about 800 more yards the
> only thing Matt had over him was wins.

1.Age-we do not want to believe it, but it is a factor
2.WIns-at the end of the day thats all its about
3.Interceptions-Pisarcik had only 2 going into the playoffs vs. Henderson's 6
4.Compleation %/efficincy-Henderson threw 80 more passes but only had 20 mor compleations

Date: November 28, 2011 10:04PM

of course he threw more picks you said it yourself hes young, he plays in a pass first throw deep offense westfield likes to pound the ball and work shorter play action routes, i am a fan of west po so i am biased but in the games caleb started he had 2 losses both of them to westfield every other loss he split time and didnt play as much

Date: November 28, 2011 10:07PM

and add his running stats they count for something over 500 yards and 4 TDs

Posted by: 41zone ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:16PM

im sorry but when Pisarcik's stats werent even COMPARABLE WITH henderson's AND you factor in the fact that henderson did not even start every game, there is no competition. Pisarcik making first team all district is completely political based upon the fact that westfield had an undefeated regular season. i had the oppurtunity to see Pisarcik play twice from the sideline and he was average at his peak. its easy to have a high comp % when your running back and oline carry your offense and the defense is comitted to the run. it is a travesty that henderson was not first team all region.

Posted by: truth.... ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:28PM

The only one from west pot that deserved first team and didnt get it was henderson. all of there recievers and lineman should have got second team.

Date: November 28, 2011 10:42PM

i wouldnt go that far. our wr jenkins, while not the most consistent receiver is the purest athlete ive ever seen. i dont know who else had the talent that he had to take the 1st team spot from him. our center deserved his 1st team honors, and our right guard, while undersized, was one of the most aggressive guys ive ever seen, and the most athletic lineman ive ever seen. he deserved at least second team. i think he got honorable mention. and then as been clearly proved henderson deserved 1st team.

Posted by: All-region ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:46PM

The wide out from Braddock had better stats then all the wide outs on the list and he got second team. He was even the MVP of the patriot district. Jenkins and Taylor were good but there stats weren't better then the kid from braddock

Posted by: Lb fan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:55PM

^he also leads the metro area in catches and yards

Date: November 28, 2011 11:18PM

i think you have to look at the people who played best so for skill positions who made a difference and who had the best stats quiggley and henderson are glaring omissions from the first team

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 29, 2011 12:41AM

41zone Wrote:
> im sorry but when Pisarcik's stats werent even
> COMPARABLE WITH henderson's AND you factor in the
> fact that henderson did not even start every game,
> there is no competition. Pisarcik making first
> team all district is completely political based
> upon the fact that westfield had an undefeated
> regular season. i had the oppurtunity to see
> Pisarcik play twice from the sideline and he was
> average at his peak. its easy to have a high comp
> % when your running back and oline carry your
> offense and the defense is comitted to the run. it
> is a travesty that henderson was not first team
> all region.

Well Henderson lost head-to-head to Pisarcik twice. Then with Westfield playing in the Concorde you expect lower numbers out of the quarterback posistion. I am not saying he was more deserving, but it was not a very strong year for the qb in the northern region and the Pisarcik-Henderson debate is meaningless. Both had lots of weapons around them, Pisarcik won more games and again the bog one beat him head to head twice and had better numbers in both those matchups individually. I know Westfield D is a lot better than West Po's but hard to give it to Henderson under those circumstances.

Posted by: NRsellout ()
Date: November 29, 2011 01:41AM

The Northern Region coaches must really have something against WP,and LB to leave Henderson, and Quigley off the 1st team list, when clearly it should have been a "no brainer". This was purely political. There is no way you can say that "Oh someone gets missed every year" on this one. Look at the body of work for these 2 players and it is clearly personal for some coaches.

It was most likely the doing of the Concord district coaches getting their way.
Shame on the Patriot district coaches for not standing up for their players.

The National or the Liberty districts had not seen much of either team this year, but should have had stats available for reference.

It's ashame that coaches taint the players to settles personal vendettas.

Date: November 29, 2011 05:59AM

i know for a fact that lake braddocks coach voted against henderson when he and pisarcik were tied. this was a personal vendetta because west po and lake braddock are rivals. i lost a lot of respect for that coaching staff and that orgaization. even if its only one man, i dont like the seflishness they are breeding there. and i didnt even realize wr quigley got snubbed. i just assumed he got 1st team. but perhaps they took into account the fact that he carried the offense,and since he carried the vast load, that was bound to inflate his stats. but i dont agree with that. talent is talent. two most glaring snubs are henerson and wr quigley

Posted by: football4sure ()
Date: November 29, 2011 09:36AM

Sounds like a lot of, you didnt vote for my player, so Im not voting for yours.
How sad! How about this.....the best players should make it, period. It shouldnt matter what team or coach they play for.

Let the local newspapers vote on it.This takes the personal feelings of the coaches out of the equation.

Date: November 29, 2011 10:28AM

no because i dont think soco beat a single d6 team this year. d5 teams dont get any love purely because the common beleif is that if a time was actually elite, they would be in d6. but props to soco anyway for putting together a decent squad compared to d6 teams like west po and braddock.

Date: November 29, 2011 10:57AM

wow

Soco beat:

TC Williams
Robinson
Lake Braddock
Annandale
Woodson
West Springfield

They didn't beat Westfield or Cville, but they were ALL D6 TEAMS dumbass

They don't make schools d6 because they are elite - it's due to how many kids are enrolled in the school

Posted by: vienna ()
Date: November 29, 2011 12:18PM

Soco also lost to Oakton 21-7, a game that was not as close as the score indicated. Albeit, the game was early in the season.

Date: November 29, 2011 01:14PM

True

All I was listing though was our d6 wins - because the poster above me said soco had none

Posted by: Jack B ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:40PM

Henderson is a very good QB... but I don't think he would put those numbers in the Concorde. There are no easy games in the Concorde in any sport. 4 seeds in the Concorde beat 1 seeds from other districts all the time.

Posted by: wpfan ()
Date: November 29, 2011 05:36PM

I disagree, the reason the Patriot distrct has any success against Concord teams is that they can throw the ball.Most Concorde teams are run first teams.They dont see as many passing team throughout the year.

I think Henderson would do just fine in the concord

Posted by: Concord ()
Date: November 29, 2011 05:54PM

wpfan Wrote:
> I think Henderson would do just fine in the
> concord

I think he would still be a fine QB his skillset wouldnt change but he would face some better athletes with better coaches to prepare them.

Posted by: socofan ()
Date: November 29, 2011 06:50PM

That was early in the season. soco was still getting settled with the loss of Bendorf only a year after Shields left. In my opinion, Pannoni is a better head coach. but anyway, if you look at it from the win-loss POV, yes we lost to oakton early in the season but then we also beat lake braddock, barely, but still a win. in the playoff game, LB DESTROYED oakton. but thats just from a win-loss POV.

Posted by: Hsfbfan ()
Date: November 29, 2011 10:48PM

2 teams have a shot at the concord district. Oakton and chantilly.

Posted by: hold up ()
Date: November 29, 2011 10:59PM

If my eyes are correct, this board is titled "2011 Northern Region HS Football"... not 2012. If you all want to make a board talking about next year, then go on ahead. Let's not forget: some teams are still playing! Go Wildcats!

Posted by: vienna ()
Date: November 29, 2011 11:18PM

Vienna dude Wrote:
> Oakton should be tough next year. Several of
> their underclassmen who played varsity, but did
> not start, will step up next year, and in some
> instances, will be better than the graduating
> seniors they replace. You will see size on the
> Oakton interior lines that they have not had for a
> few years. But for the coaching staff's
> preference for starting seniors, several of these
> players would have played more this year, and
> would have had an impact. In particular, they had
> a soph offensive lineman that manhandled virtually
> every defender he went up against this year on JV
> (#77, I believe), and apparently played the game
> against CVille with a broken hand that was
> operated on two days later. He will join Utley
> and Durant next year, along with two other seniors
> to form the best wall they have had since the 2008
> team.
>
> Downer at QB cannot be overlooked. The running
> game should open up the passing attack, and they
> should be able to put points on the board.

Oakton will be tough next year if:

Their Runningback's can run tough for once, and gain some more speed
They lose their 2 best WRs by far, must find replacements
They need to fill in their entire Linebacking Corps
New Quarterback needs to step up

There is a lot of positions needing to be filled but knowing Oakton I feel like they can put it together

Posted by: ALL REGION ()
Date: November 30, 2011 05:40PM

41zone Wrote:
> im sorry but when Pisarcik's stats werent even
> COMPARABLE WITH henderson's AND you factor in the
> fact that henderson did not even start every game,
> there is no competition. Pisarcik making first
> team all district is completely political based
> upon the fact that westfield had an undefeated
> regular season. i had the oppurtunity to see
> Pisarcik play twice from the sideline and he was
> average at his peak. its easy to have a high comp
> % when your running back and oline carry your
> offense and the defense is comitted to the run. it
> is a travesty that henderson was not first team
> all region.

Someone said it before Henderson split time with another QB on his team to start the season. How can he be First Team All Region if he is not even good enough to beat out another kid on his team to be the clear #1 QB? Stats only tell you part of the story, Spread offenses give those offensive players better stats but did they win ball games? If Pisarcik played in a Spread offense how many yards and TDs would he have? I know when Centreville played West Pot we kicked their ass, could have hung half a hundred on them if we wanted to... QBs (YES multiple QBs) threw like 5 inteceptions

Date: November 30, 2011 06:34PM

The only reason caleb didnt start the whole season is because the other kid was a senior a latino and caleb is the head coaches son. there was so much drama about it being nepotistic and rasist and how a sophomore shouldnt start over a senior, once the coaches took a side and stuck with it west po won games. its my belief the player with the best season at his position should win personal awards regardless of team succes thats why clayton kershaw won the nl cy young, he had the best season. the spread offense is a complicated offense and it does win games last season the 2 teams playing for the BCS championship were spread teams. and you dont know pisarcik wouldve been good in a spread offense, caleb carried the team and almost singlehandedly beat westfeild at westfeild in the playoffs

Posted by: coaches sons ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:34PM

I dont know about the rest of you guys but I always lose a little respect for a QB when he is the coaches son. Other motivations go into play calling so of course the kid is going to put up some insane numbers. The father just doesnt want to pay for college. Its a shame the Glennons and Coyer were the only D1 QBs to come out of this area recently without their dads being on the coaching staffs of a program.

Posted by: Eric Renner ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:46PM

Son's like you didn't have a DAD.

Posted by: Pisarcik's Dad ()
Date: November 30, 2011 08:48PM

My son is the best!!!!

Date: November 30, 2011 09:11PM

Well dont lose any respect for Henderson his Dad doesnt call the plays

Posted by: Steel ()
Date: December 01, 2011 12:29AM

Hanover will beat South County Saturday.

Posted by: YourDumb ()
Date: December 01, 2011 10:09AM

Thats why SoCo has a higher ranked seed, a lower points allowed per game average as well as fewer points all season. And SoCo has proven to beat everyone that has favored to beat them including a strong LB team, stonebridge and a Yorktown team with "the best offense in the region". Everyone should probably stop doubting them, and start taking them serious. SoCo will beat Hanover by 17 points in a one sided game. SoCo will most likely win states.

Posted by: Mr John ()
Date: December 01, 2011 10:59AM

hold up Wrote:
> If my eyes are correct, this board is titled "2011
> Northern Region HS Football"... not 2012. If you
> all want to make a board talking about next year,
> then go on ahead. Let's not forget: some teams are
> still playing! Go Wildcats!

Yeah you are correct, and soco and centerville are still in

Date: December 01, 2011 07:30PM

ALL REGION Wrote:
> 41zone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > im sorry but when Pisarcik's stats werent even
> > COMPARABLE WITH henderson's AND you factor in
> the
> > fact that henderson did not even start every
> game,
> > there is no competition. Pisarcik making first
> > team all district is completely political based
> > upon the fact that westfield had an undefeated
> > regular season. i had the oppurtunity to see
> > Pisarcik play twice from the sideline and he
> was
> > average at his peak. its easy to have a high
> comp
> > % when your running back and oline carry your
> > offense and the defense is comitted to the run.
> it
> > is a travesty that henderson was not first team
> > all region.
>
>
> Someone said it before Henderson split time with
> another QB on his team to start the season. How
> can he be First Team All Region if he is not even
> good enough to beat out another kid on his team to
> be the clear #1 QB? Stats only tell you part of
> the story, Spread offenses give those offensive
> players better stats but did they win ball games?
> If Pisarcik played in a Spread offense how many
> yards and TDs would he have? I know when
> Centreville played West Pot we kicked their ass,
> could have hung half a hundred on them if we
> wanted to... QBs (YES multiple QBs) threw like 5
> inteceptions

that was at west potomacs lowest point of the season. caleb earned the starting spot outright, he was only sharing time due to a nasty political issue that i dont even want to get into. and at the end of the game, losing by a fair amount of points, west potomac just folded. and dont make it seem like you could have put up nay more points. you couldnt have.we folded and you took advantage of it. dont act like you guys passed on any opportunity to score. we learned a lot from that defeat, and went on to grab the district title. see you guys next year.

Date: December 01, 2011 07:36PM

soco Wrote:
> wow
>
> Soco beat:
>
> TC Williams
> Robinson
> Lake Braddock
> Annandale
> Woodson
> West Springfield
>
> They didn't beat Westfield or Cville, but they
> were ALL D6 TEAMS dumbass
>
> They don't make schools d6 because they are elite
> - it's due to how many kids are enrolled in the
> school

haha you're right. that was an uninformed comment lol

Date: December 01, 2011 07:46PM

I formally apologize for calling you dumbass, good sir

Posted by: stop it ()
Date: December 01, 2011 07:58PM

Stop talking about next season. Aren't the games that we wait for all season still unplayed?

I believe the Northern Region will altogether move on this weekend. SoCo over Hanover and Cville over Hermitage.

Date: December 01, 2011 08:26PM

Ok think what u want south county is a good team no doubt but they have not seen a offense like hanover. If Hanover can control the turnovers then they will win and I think they will do so.

Posted by: Soco football player ()
Date: December 01, 2011 08:42PM

weren't we supposed to have never seen an offense like Yorktown's?

Date: December 01, 2011 10:28PM

Ok just wait for Saturday and we will see who is right.

Posted by: Cvillechamps ()
Date: December 02, 2011 12:45AM

Dude you got a lot of excuses on why Henderson didn't play against the best competition, and why West Pot didn't play well against Centreville. If we had you at home we would have beaten you by 50. Maybe Daddy didn't want his boy to get his ass kicked by Centreville. Maybe he is a genius. Be happy for what he got, if he played a full game against Centreville he may not have made it the whole season.

Who threw all the picks in that game? There were a bunch so sort it out for me. How many did Second Team All Region throw? Who threw the 100 yard pick 6?

1zone Wrote:
> ALL REGION Wrote:
> -----
> > 41zone Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > im sorry but when Pisarcik's stats werent
> even
> > > COMPARABLE WITH henderson's AND you factor in
> > the
> > > fact that henderson did not even start every
> > game,
> > > there is no competition. Pisarcik making
> first
> > > team all district is completely political
> based
> > > upon the fact that westfield had an
> undefeated
> > > regular season. i had the oppurtunity to see
> > > Pisarcik play twice from the sideline and he
> > was
> > > average at his peak. its easy to have a high
> > comp
> > > % when your running back and oline carry your
> > > offense and the defense is comitted to the
> run.
> > it
> > > is a travesty that henderson was not first
> team
> > > all region.
> >
> >
> > Someone said it before Henderson split time
> with
> > another QB on his team to start the season.
> How
> > can he be First Team All Region if he is not
> even
> > good enough to beat out another kid on his team
> to
> > be the clear #1 QB? Stats only tell you part
> of
> > the story, Spread offenses give those offensive
> > players better stats but did they win ball
> games?
> > If Pisarcik played in a Spread offense how many
> > yards and TDs would he have? I know when
> > Centreville played West Pot we kicked their
> ass,
> > could have hung half a hundred on them if we
> > wanted to... QBs (YES multiple QBs) threw like
> 5
> > inteceptions
>
> that was at west potomacs lowest point of the
> season. caleb earned the starting spot outright,
> he was only sharing time due to a nasty political
> issue that i dont even want to get into. and at
> the end of the game, losing by a fair amount of
> points, west potomac just folded. and dont make it
> seem like you could have put up nay more points.
> you couldnt have.we folded and you took advantage
> of it. dont act like you guys passed on any
> opportunity to score. we learned a lot from that
> defeat, and went on to grab the district title.
> see you guys next year.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 02, 2011 09:03AM

Attachments:
sandusky.jpg

Date: December 02, 2011 09:21AM

Steel Wrote:
> Ok think what u want south county is a good team
> no doubt but they have not seen a offense like
> hanover. If Hanover can control the turnovers then
> they will win and I think they will do so.
I appreciate your belief in your team and I know better than anyone that games aren't played on paper but even you have to understand that the odds of Hanover beating South County are slim to none.

"They have not seen a offense like Hanover." Wrong. They have seen an offense like Hanovers and they've actually seen a better offense then Hanovers.

First, Hanover is a 2 loss team, so it's not like they're undefeated.

Hanover averages 32 points a game. South County beat a 2 loss Stone Bridge team that was averaging 33 points a game coming in and held them to 3 points. 3 points! They did this on the road and they scored 25 against Stone Bridge.

Last week they beat an undefeated Yorktown team that was averaging 41 points a game and held them to 13 points. 13 points! Again, they did this on the road and they scored 37 points against Yorktown.

They've won 10 straight games and are allowing only 8 points a game during that stretch and are scoring an average of 28 points a game.

They're ranked 13th in the state and 2nd in Division 5. Hanover is ranked 42nd in the state and 12th in division 5.

What you should be saying is, "Hanover hasn't seen a defense like South County's!"

It's going to be a long ride back to Mechanicsville on the buses for the Hawks after they lose to South County.

I'm sticking with my initial prediction.

South County 30
Hanover 10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 02:23PM by Nighthawk.

Posted by: JustaFan ()
Date: December 02, 2011 05:12PM

Having seen SoCo beat Yorktown, I believe. SoCo lost games early, but they're playing like a team now. You have to see the D in person to appreciate the DESIRE they bring. They are senior-laden and hungry to win. Against a young but 12-0 Yorktown, #10 was tough and he was not the only star; #28 was a honey badger and #44 was in the right place all day long, even doing a pick 6. On O, #8 did it all and #23 made good blocks all day. It's no wonder that they beat SB by 22 and Yorktown by 24.

We're going to the game because my brother lives in Richmond and says Hanover is good. I don't know what it will take to beat Hanover, but SoCo brings the fury. They are a bunch of good players who are fun to watch. They exploit any hole in your game. As much as I think my brother knows football, he hasn't see this special SoCo play.

Posted by: Mrfan ()
Date: December 02, 2011 09:28PM

The game is actually at south county

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 02, 2011 11:11PM

1906734-1595201_oh_look_its_this_thread_

Posted by: hey rube ()
Date: December 03, 2011 02:20PM

Centreville vs Hermitage - anyone know if it's on Verizon cable, webcast, etc?

Posted by: Wildcats!!! ()
Date: December 03, 2011 02:39PM

Score...Gameday Mag. doesnt even have an update!

Posted by: Wildcats!!! ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:10PM

10-3 Cville

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:26PM

10-9 Cville after Hermitage misses extra point.

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/2461/?autoplay=true

Posted by: AllDone ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:40PM

Final score:

Centreville 10, Hermitage 9

Posted by: AllDone ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:41PM

What's the status of Battlefield vs. Oscar Smith

Posted by: cvillegrad ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:57PM

Oscar Smith 28-7 at HALFTIME

Posted by: cvillegrad ()
Date: December 03, 2011 03:58PM

Oscar Smith 28-14 3rd QUARTER

Posted by: scorealert ()
Date: December 03, 2011 05:29PM

24-0 South County!

Date: December 03, 2011 06:07PM

South County up 38-14 with 7-and-change left to go.

Posted by: wtw grad ()
Date: December 03, 2011 06:20PM

Coaches sons- you mentioned the gleenons and coyer coming out of the area going D1 wthout their dad as one of the coaches. You also forgot about former Woodosn QB Connor Reily who went D1 to Temple and also lake braddock Qb michael nebrich who went uconn

Date: December 03, 2011 06:59PM

South County 38-22 Final.

SCSS onto the state championship.

Posted by: WildcatMom ()
Date: December 03, 2011 07:07PM

I think everyone will agree, this years Centreville team may be the best team the Northern Region has ever had.I dont believe it can even be questioned.

They buzzed through the region with very little problem, now they will play for the state title next week.

The region hasnt had a state title in a few years, so next week everyone should come to Charlottesville to cheer them on. How nice will that be to raise the championship trophy as a salute to the northern region

Date: December 03, 2011 07:20PM

Steel Wrote:
> Ok just wait for Saturday and we will see who is
> right.

Date: December 03, 2011 07:38PM

How bout centerville does that after south county does that

Posted by: questioning ()
Date: December 03, 2011 07:40PM

Mrfan Wrote:
> How bout centerville does that after south county
> does that

does what?

Posted by: rukidding ()
Date: December 03, 2011 07:53PM

Wildcat mom-
Typical dumb bitch. The best team the northern region has had? There have been so many dominant teams over the years. Most of these teams couldnt hang with the teams from the early 2000s. Centerville had better teams under Skinner. Keep your dumb trap shut and make me a steak.

Date: December 03, 2011 08:12PM

win the state titles for the northern region

Posted by: SCFootball Fan ()
Date: December 03, 2011 08:47PM

I guess Steel won't be on here running his mouth about SC never seeing an offense like Hanover. SC destroyed Hanover.

Posted by: Soco football player ()
Date: December 03, 2011 08:53PM

yeah, thats what we do, and we need to now know our ring size

Posted by: questions ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:09PM

Hey I heard a rumor that Coach Simmons is out at Westfield is this true?

Posted by: Devastated ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:12PM

Yes it is true, my son is a freshman at Westfield he never played for coach Simmons but obviously he was a great coach. Hopefully this Wes Pearson can keep up the tradition at Westfield.

Posted by: westfield ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:12PM

Those rumors are true. Pete Bendorf will be announced on Monday.

Posted by: your wrong ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:14PM

Devestaed you got the right guy wrong job. Wes Pearson will be the new coach at Oakton. His blazing red hair and mormon traditions are what the Oakton community has be waiting for.

Posted by: Westfield Mother ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:16PM

I am a freshman football mother, my son told me the new coachs name is Wes Pierson? Apparently he is from the area and went to Fairfax in the 70's but moved to Texas to coach after College. Thats what they told my son in a meeting at school on friday. They are not firing Coach Simmons, he is taking over as Linebackers Coach at a 1aa in Indiana. That is all the information I know I will keep you posted as more comes out.

Date: December 03, 2011 09:16PM

Soco wins big, but QB got hurt. Anyone know his status for game vs. Phoebus?

Posted by: SOCOHYPESQUAD ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:18PM

SOCO qb is out for the season, an MRI revealed tissue damage and and Xray showed slight fractures. He is done. Hope they find a way to make it work without him.

Posted by: fan ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:19PM

Wildcat fever!!!!!
Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Centreville Wildcats going to win states

Posted by: wildcatfan ()
Date: December 03, 2011 09:24PM

rukidding Wrote:
> Wildcat mom-
> Typical dumb bitch. The best team the northern
> region has had? There have been so many dominant
> teams over the years. Most of these teams couldnt
> hang with the teams from the early 2000s.
> Centerville had better teams under Skinner. Keep
> your dumb trap shut and make me a steak.

Is this really necessary, must be a digruntled Westfield player.
You had your chance, now sit back and cheer for Centreville

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.