HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: 2011 Northern Region HS Football
Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:35PM

Oakton let up 36 against Herndon last year as well, but they still beat Chantilly... I'm sure all of you last year said Oakton's defense sucked too. But guess what, they beat Chantilly...

Chantillys offense cannot compete with Oakton's defense.

Case Closed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fball ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:36PM

As long as Jimmy Hicks is playing Oaktons recievers are going to have a great night. I have never seen someone get beat as bad as he did against Westfield. Oakton 42 Chantilly 28

Posted by: Yorktown, ha ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:51PM

Competition? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good players are good, no matter how you slice it.
> Yorktown has 2 of the best in the region in their
> qb and rb. Only westfield has a better runningback
> in terms of talent. Their qb may very well be the
> best in the region, definately the best dual
> threat. Chantilly and Oakton are not that great,
> Yorktown would lose to Westfield by a good amount
> I believe, but would play Centreville tough.
> Oakton is so overrated, they let up 41 to
> Herndon-Yorktown beat Herndon 41-7. Beat them
> worse than Centreville did. AND Yorktown was up
> 34-0 before Herndon even score, all before
> halftime. So I can honestly say region rankings
> should look like-
>
> 1. Westfield
> 2. Yorktown
> 3. Centreville
> 4. Chantilly
> 5. Stone Bridge (honestly though, I think SB would
> win if they play again)
> 6. Oakton
> 7. Everyone else (some of these teams would beat
> Oakton, but none would beat the teams above
> Oakton)

LOL Yorktown ahead of Centreville, Chantilly, Stone Bridge and Oakton, they've played next to no one. They beat Hayfield by 14 I believe, Centreville beat Hayfield by 45. Yorktown would not be close against a Concorde team or Stone Bridge.

Posted by: yorktown, ha ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:53PM

Can't complain with Yorktown's scores, but there toughest two opponents were Hayfield and Stuart, get the hell out of here with that.

Posted by: save it ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:55PM

O.K. enough with the trash talk just let the boys play tomorrow night and we'll see who comes out on top.

Posted by: LOLSquared ()
Date: October 13, 2011 10:07PM

Also c-knight Wrote:
> Chantilly's runningbacks are not power runners,
> theyre just average runners. I think both run at
> least 4.6s, so they're decently fast. Their d is
> solid, can shut down every team except Westfield,
> Yorktown, and Centreville.

Now that's funny. Hicks running a 4.6? Maybe if he was on the moon with the lower gravity.

Posted by: Competition? ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:21AM

Yorktown played similar teams, and beat them worse than Centreville did. Stone Bridge has absolutely no offense this year, Oakton gave up 40 to one of the worst offenses I've seen in high school football, Chantilly is too slow for Yorktown. Also, you don't need to post under different names trying to prove the same point, to make it appear many people have the same opinion as yourself. Based on playing common opponents, Yorktown is the second best team in the region. Westfield no doubt is the best, Oakton is garbage, Chantilly decent, Stone Bridge decent.

Oakton gave up 41 to a team with one average player, and everyone else terrible.

Chantilly by at least 2 scores.

Date: October 14, 2011 12:25AM

LOLSquared Wrote:
> Now that's funny. Hicks running a 4.6? Maybe if
> he was on the moon with the lower gravity.

It says in his recruiting profile he runs a 4.51, and Hill-P a 4.68 so....they can run in the 4.6s

Date: October 14, 2011 12:33AM

Yorktown, ha Wrote:
> LOL Yorktown ahead of Centreville, Chantilly,
> Stone Bridge and Oakton, they've played next to no
> one. They beat Hayfield by 14 I believe,
> Centreville beat Hayfield by 45. Yorktown would
> not be close against a Concorde team or Stone
> Bridge.

If Yorktown played a Concorde team, they would not be close, yup, just like when they played Herndon...and won 41-7...they also shut out Hayfield, winning 21-0..can you please get facts straight before you post damn..Yorktown's defense held Herndon to 7 points, but Oakton gave up 41 AND Yorktown stopped trying really after the second quarter up 28-0 so...Just to let everyone know, Yorktown subs because they are up so much, and teams score when game is already over, so how is Oakton better again?

Posted by: The Truth Is ()
Date: October 14, 2011 07:06AM

He meant one of the legit Concorde teams

Yorktown 41, Herndon 7
Centreville 41, Herndon 14

Yorktown 21, Hayfield 0
Centreville 49, Hayfield 3

Yorktown 42, Edison 20
Chantilly 70, Edison 28
Lee 54, Edison 12

The fact with Yorktown is they have played one team with a winning record in the northern region. All other opponents are 2 or more games below .500. And the combined record of the schedule is 9-21, with mediocre teams the rest of the way including winless Falls Church after already beating winless Wakefield 68-0, is that a schedule worthy of a good team? Absolutely not, you don't see the big boys scheduling the two worst teams in the region.

That's why they aren't ranked in the post and Westfield, Chantilly, Centreville and Oakton are all top 10 in the post. To suggest Yorktown can hang with these teams is moronic, you want recgonition for your school schedule a real schedule, this is a mute argument and no way Yorktown beats Stone Bridge. Based on Yorktown's weak schedule they will go 10-0 and still not be the 1 seed because Stone Bridge will get more power points.

Posted by: LOLSquared ()
Date: October 14, 2011 09:20AM

Competition? Wrote:
>
> It says in his recruiting profile he runs a 4.51,
> and Hill-P a 4.68 so....they can run in the 4.6s

They must have started the stopwatch once he passed the 5-yard mark.

Posted by: concordeisgreat ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:24AM

Yorktown is the same every year, they play a weak regular season schedule and think they are good. When the playoffs come, they are out real fast.

They always have a few decent players, none would be anything special in the concorde or any other district besides the National, for that matter. You say good players are good players no matter what...what a joke!!!

They put up all these numbers against teams that rarely even have 2 or 3 wins a year. Play one of the top teams and you will see what a good player really is.

The Centreville Chantilly and Westfield RBs would have 3000 yards if they played the schedule Yorktown plays.

Dont use the excuse that you cant control your schedule, in the NR the HC can basically pick the out of district games. Next go around schedule better teams,and you will see the difference.

Mean while, let go back to the real topic Concorde football

Date: October 14, 2011 12:21PM

Lol, no offensive player in the Concorde other than Westfields runningback is better than Yorktowns QB and RB. First off, Yorktown is D5, so they play D5 teams. They would be some of the best players in the Concorde, no doubt. Yorktown blows people out, then the other team scores against second teamers. Oakton should have went to OT vs Herndon. So STFU about Oakton being good, they suck. Play top teams and see good players? Ha, the Northern Region's good players all only play on defense. There are literally 5 good players in the Region. Chantilly isnt that great. Westfield is the only great team, as they could compete with catholic schools. Nobody else would other than Centreville and Yorktown. The legit Concorde teams are Westfield and Centreville. Chantilly is obviously worse than they were last year. Sure Yorktown and Centreville can be flip flopped. But no way Oakton is better than Yorktown.

Posted by: concde ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:55PM

Are you joking, the Yorktown QB and RB are no better then average. What have they done? Name one good team that they did anything against? You cant!!

I like Yorktown, I think they are a good team, but good for the National district is a lot different .

Any average player would look great against the teams you have played. WOW Wakefield, Edison, Falls Church. Who else would you need to pad the stats.
Get real!!!

Until they compete against better competition, I dont see them as being any better then average. When the playoffs come, it will be one and done.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:50PM

Ok, lets get this straight. Herndon loses 42-41 to Oakton, in a game where Herndon DOES NOT HAVE THEIR BEST PLAYER, AND ONLY DECENT PLAYER, THEIR QB. They STILL put up OVER 500 yards of offense on Oakton. Oakton didnt even get 400 yards of offense. Against Yorktown, Herndon had less than 150 total yards. So Yorktown has a better defense than Oakton, if anyone denies that, they are crazy. Even though they put subs in and stopped trying to score, Yorktown had OVER 550 yards of offense against Herndon. Yorktown has a better offense than Oakton, its obvious, but you can deny all you want. Against Herndon, Centreville had less than 400 yards of offense, and also gave up less than 150 yards of offense. If you honestly believe Yorktown cannot compete with Centreville, Oakton, and Chantilly, you're crazy. Yorktown's more athletic than all three on offense, and only Centreville is more athletic on defense. Unless you've seen all these teams play, you may want to STFU. And past history doesn't mean squat, its a new year. I think Yorktown could definately lose to Stone Bridge (only other D5 team worth anything). They could even potentially lose tonight, but if they don't, theyre going undefeated.

Posted by: one game ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:04PM

ok so oakton had one bad game everyone does. their defense was dominant before last week

Posted by: ThisCouldGetInteresting ()
Date: October 14, 2011 08:35PM

Sure, it's way early, but at the half, Oakton 14, Chantilly 7.

Posted by: Capt. Morgan ()
Date: October 14, 2011 08:57PM

so I hear people are saying that Yorktown can play with anybody in the Concorde? ummmm....how about Westfield? the answer to that is HELL FUCKING NO THEY CAN'T PLAY WITH WESTFIELD!!!!!! Lord you people are stupid, CVHS CHS OHS and WHS would kick the living shit out of Yorktown if we all got to play them every year. Why are we still discussing this? Yorktown and D5 fans go make your own page, this is for REAL D6 squads, Concorde district for life!

Posted by: HolyShit! ()
Date: October 14, 2011 09:48PM

It's a final.

Oakton 21, Chantilly 14

Posted by: Capt. Morgan ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:11PM

WOW! CHAMTILLY SUCKS! they should have beaten oakton.....oh well Westfield and Centreville rolled this week again, looks like in two weeks they'll be setting up for a HUGE game

Posted by: Lombardi ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:15PM

Great game at Tilly. Game was in doubt until the end when Oakton recovered a fumble with fifteen seconds left in the game...up to that point, Chantilly was driving for a tying score. Tilly had three turnovers. Oakton had one. That was the difference...both teams played their hearts out. Both should hold their heads high.

Posted by: hello ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:22PM

Centreville - 35
McLean - 7

Posted by: NotTooFast ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:23PM

Capt. Morgan Wrote:
> WOW! CHAMTILLY SUCKS! they should have beaten
> oakton.....oh well Westfield and Centreville
> rolled this week again, looks like in two weeks
> they'll be setting up for a HUGE game

They better not think too far ahead. Next week, Westfield has to travel to Oakton, and Centreville has to travel to Chantilly.

Posted by: soco ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:29PM

South County 45
Lee 21

Robinson def. Lake Braddock

Yorktown 21
Langley 0

Posted by: kakpa3 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 10:42PM

Capt. Morgan Wrote:
> so I hear people are saying that Yorktown can play
> with anybody in the Concorde? ummmm....how about
> Westfield? the answer to that is HELL FUCKING NO
> THEY CAN'T PLAY WITH WESTFIELD!!!!!! Lord you
> people are stupid, CVHS CHS OHS and WHS would kick
> the living shit out of Yorktown if we all got to
> play them every year. Why are we still discussing
> this? Yorktown and D5 fans go make your own page,
> this is for REAL D6 squads, Concorde district for
> life!

Your posts are demeaning, arrogant and hostile. You seem crazed, angry, threatened by anyone who wants to pose another idea than yours. Are you okay? You need to relax and embrace the joy that others have for their own teams. Stop being a bully, and quit living in the past. You're really embarrassing yourself here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 10:46PM by kakpa3.

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:22PM

Stuart 49 - Edison 43 -- Officials were substandard.

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:38PM

soco Wrote:
> South County 45
> Lee 21
>
> Robinson def. Lake Braddock
>
> Yorktown 21
> Langley 0

Robinson 24
Lake Braddock 7

Posted by: So Close ()
Date: October 14, 2011 11:39PM

Stuart 49 - Edison 43 - :(

Posted by: ConcordeFootballStud ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:06AM

If Herndon's offense is undescribably bad and they put up 41 on Oakton what does that make Chantilly's offense who could only manage 14 with 3 turnovers on 6 fumbles?

Posted by: NotTooFast ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:12AM

Oakton was probably looking ahead to Chantilly when they played Herndon, and didn't take them seriously. It happens.

Posted by: I concur ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:36AM

ConcordeFootballStud Wrote:
> If Herndon's offense is undescribably bad and they
> put up 41 on Oakton what does that make
> Chantilly's offense who could only manage 14 with
> 3 turnovers on 6 fumbles?

Well obviously Chantilly has one of the worst offenses in the state going by that logic my friend

Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:38AM

Thank god Chantilly is out of the Concorde race, Gameday, Virginiapreps, none of that shit knows anything. Oakton is for real and all you Chantilly homers can go cry. I'm an Oakton fan and I saw a bunch of teary eyed kids at the end of the game...

I laughed

Date: October 15, 2011 12:44AM

I think we need to look into gambling in high school sports...how did Herndon score 41 on Oakton again? Im actually serious..

Posted by: howlong..... ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:44AM

I wonder how long untill everyone starts trying to take all the credit for Oakton's win away from them. Im interested to see how many people now take Chantill out of their "big three" and still continue to ignore Oakton.

Date: October 15, 2011 12:55AM

Well..my big 3 was Westfield, Centreville, and Yorktown. I do think Centreville is now #2 ahead of Yorktown though. Herndon's spread offense is drastically different from Chantilly's option game. Yorktown also runs a spread, which is one reason I believe they would beat Oakton. My new rankings-

1. Westfield
2. Centreville
3. Stone Bridge
4. Yorktown
5. Oakton
6. Chantilly
7. Nobody else matters (I'll just say West Po)

I am fully aware that Chantilly beat Stone Bridge, however, I fully believe if they played again, SB would win. Since the Chantilly game, they've also made several changes to lineups as well.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 09:10AM

Chantilly's offense and play calling are a joke. Their qb thinks he's Michael Vick, and doesn't get rid of the ball, getting sacked atleast 5 times a game. The backs from last year are not playing half as good as they did the year before, I assume part of it is a much weaker offensive line, but the play calling is abissmal.

Chantilly's offense is just not on par with Centreville or Westfield this year, Oakton moved the ball a lot better yesterday, but Oakton capitalized on turnovers and I still don't think there anything special. Chantilly is out of the big 3 though, I am not putting Oakton in, I expect Westfield to beat them by 3 touchdowns this week. It's Westfield and Centreville folks. That's not to say their unbeatable, but they are the two overwhelming favorites.

Posted by: Week 7 Predictions ()
Date: October 15, 2011 09:21AM

Edison @ Stuart (-6.5) Result: Stuart a 49-43 winner, spread almost spot on.

Herndon (-3.0) @ W&L Result: Herndon turns out an impressive 47-25 win

Jefferson (-7.0) @ Fairfax *Upset of the week Result: Fairfax wins 13-0, no upset here

Lake Braddock @ Robinson (-6.0) Result Robinson wins 24-7, the gutsy pick pays off

Marshall @ Stone Bridge (-42.0) Result Stone Bridge wins 49-7 the spread was SPOT ON!

Mclean @ Centreville (-38.0) Result Centreville wins 42-7, spread very close

Mount Vernon @ Hayfield (-7.0) Result Hayfield wins 27-6

Oakton @ Chantilly (-9.5) *Co-Game of the Week Result: Oakton wins 21-14

South County @ Lee Even Result: South County wins 45-24, Pannoni is making a run for coach of the year.

South lakes @ Madison (-14.0): Madison wins 16-13

TC Williams @ West Springfield (-13.0) TC Williams get the upset of the night, 24-21.

Wakefield (-1.0) @ Falls Church Wakefield wins 27-20

West Potomac @ Westfield (-35.5) Westfield wins 31-10

Yorktown (-10.0) @ Langley Yorktown wins 21-0

Prediction Results
Standard deviation on spread: 3.6 points (very accurate results)
Prediction Results: 10-3-1

Posted by: where is it? ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:07AM

What about Actiondale vs WTW ?????

Week 7 Predictions Wrote:
> Edison @ Stuart (-6.5) Result: Stuart a 49-43
> winner, spread almost spot on.
>
> Herndon (-3.0) @ W&L Result: Herndon turns out an
> impressive 47-25 win
>
> Jefferson (-7.0) @ Fairfax *Upset of the
> week Result: Fairfax wins 13-0, no upset here
>
> Lake Braddock @ Robinson (-6.0) Result Robinson
> wins 24-7, the gutsy pick pays off
>
> Marshall @ Stone Bridge (-42.0) Result Stone
> Bridge wins 49-7 the spread was SPOT ON!
>
> Mclean @ Centreville (-38.0) Result Centreville
> wins 42-7, spread very close
>
> Mount Vernon @ Hayfield (-7.0) Result Hayfield
> wins 27-6
>
> Oakton @ Chantilly (-9.5) *Co-Game of the Week
> Result: Oakton wins 21-14
>
> South County @ Lee Even Result: South County wins
> 45-24, Pannoni is making a run for coach of the
> year.
>
> South lakes @ Madison (-14.0): Madison wins 16-13
>
>
> TC Williams @ West Springfield (-13.0) TC
> Williams get the upset of the night, 24-21.
>
> Wakefield (-1.0) @ Falls Church Wakefield wins
> 27-20
>
> West Potomac @ Westfield (-35.5) Westfield wins
> 31-10
>
> Yorktown (-10.0) @ Langley Yorktown wins 21-0
>
>
> Prediction Results
> Standard deviation on spread: 3.6 points (very
> accurate results)
> Prediction Results: 10-3-1

Posted by: Steve 2K ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:29AM

steve k2, even though you complain about Chantilly, you still act as a homer. Chantilly is not good. Deal with it. Oakton is not good and they beat you. I was at the game and they didnt score off any turnovers. The only turnover that mattered was the one at the end of the game.
Chantilly sucks! Oakton Sucks!

Centreville vs Westfield is going be awesome. Westfield goes into Oakton and rolls by 40. Westfield beats Centreville 28 21 in the game of the year.

You heard it first here.

Westfield 2011 State Champs! Here we come!

Posted by: steve J2 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:17PM

Nobody said Oakton would beat Chantilly this week...and they did. I'm not saying they will beat Westfield, but the game will be a lot closer than people expect.

Posted by: yes sir ()
Date: October 15, 2011 01:11PM

steve J2 Wrote:
> Nobody said Oakton would beat Chantilly this
> week...and they did. I'm not saying they will
> beat Westfield, but the game will be a lot closer
> than people expect.

Last year Oakton pretty much held Westfields running back to nothing except one big 4th and long play. I expect the same thing this year, a hard fought battle, and all you "oakton Fakers" can learn once and for all the Oaktons for real.

Posted by: fan225 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 02:52PM

Chantilly sucks they got lucky against stone bridge got there ass kicked by westfield and just lost to oakton. There not good. Westfield and Centreville are the real deal in the concorde. Get over it tilly fans. Your out of everyones talk unless you upset centreville next week which i doubt will happen as long as sonny blomine is qb and jimmy sucks dicks keeps eating dust

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 05:36PM

It is what it is, Westfield and Centreville are the cream of the crop and although Chantilly has enough talent to pull an upset, I've see nothing from their offense to suggest it will happen against those 2 teams.

With regards to Oakton, they did score on a 20 yard pass right after Chantilly muffed a punt which seems to happen 3 times a game.

Chantilly is one of the better teams in the region by far, just not in the elite 2, if they can stick around with Centreville that will be big for their confidence, but I don't see the game being very close. This is the 3rd week Chantilly will take on an unbeaten team, and the 4th top 10 team from the Washington Post they will play this year.

Posted by: curious george ()
Date: October 15, 2011 10:58PM

So let me get this straight. A few weeks ago, Westfield, Chantilly, and Centreville were known as "the big three". Now that Chantilly lost, people are calling westfield and centreville "the elite two"? What about Oakton??! They don't always win pretty, but they're 7-0, just like the other two schools. Give these guys some respect. Very dangerous team.

Posted by: get real? ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:11PM

Trust me, I have seen Oakton play 3 times this year, they are no where near the level of Westfield and Centreville. They were very lucky to beat Chantilly who has shown they are not anywhere near the level of Westfield or Centreville too.

Oakton will lost by atleast 3 touchdowns to Westfield, bet on it.

Posted by: And.. ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:46PM

How many times have you seen Westfield and Centreville play?

Posted by: you want details ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:00AM

I have seen Centreville play twice against Lake Braddock and West Potomac, looked fantastic both times.

I have seen Oakton play against Madison, South County, and Chantilly, good football team but nothing special compared to Centreville or Westfield.

I have seen Westfield play TC Williams and Chantilly and they are hands down the best team I have seen, Westfield's team this year has a better defense than their last state team and play makers all over the place on offense.

I have seen Chantilly play Westfield, Oakton, and Stone Bridge, in my opinon they are more talented than Oakton but bad play calling and as a poster pointed out above a quarterback who won't get rid of the ball, can't throw and has no sense of the pocket are keeping them down.

Posted by: oakton player ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:23AM

please keep hating on us it is a great source of motivation. Our fantastic head coach Jason Rowley read this thread in our meeting before the game and I had never seen us more motivated to kick chantilly's ass again.

Posted by: Westfield Bulldog ()
Date: October 16, 2011 10:40AM

Your coach did not read Fairfax Underground before a game.

Here's a source of motivation for you Oakton sucks, you can have all the motivation in the world, you are not going to come close to us on the field this Friday night. Your weak schedule with one good win is nothing to be scared of.

Posted by: go chargers ()
Date: October 16, 2011 10:50AM

chantilly is still better i bet if we played those pussys at oakton again we would beat them easily. we will beat centreville i guarentee it

Posted by: Oakton>Chantilly ()
Date: October 16, 2011 11:02AM

go chargers Wrote:
> chantilly is still better i bet if we played those
> pussys at oakton again we would beat them easily.
> we will beat centreville i guarentee it

You really should close your mouth (in this case stop typing) so as not to completely embarass yourself. Oakton spanked your sorry ass on your own turf. Centreville will do the same, only worse.

Posted by: Charger Knight ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:06PM

Spanked? It was 21-14, and Chantilly was 5 yards away from tying the game.

Oakton did win, so until playoff time we have no right to say we're better than Oakton, but Oakton really isn't that good we just played bad.

Posted by: WF DAWGPOUND ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:18PM

You Oakton players are gonna need more than a website to beat Westfield. Westfield is on anther level than Chantilly. Chantilly had their bad game of the year against you guys, and still could have won. If I remember correctly, even though it was only a scrimmage, Westfield punished Dematha. Oakton, Chantilly, wouldn't even hang with them in a scrimmage. That's when we knew they were gonna be good. But Oakton will see what's up soon.

Posted by: Hokielover94 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:35PM

Can we please stop talking about the concorde district?? This board is called 2011 Northern Region Football...not concorde district football. I'm sick of everyone hyping up a district that isn't even that special.

Posted by: Oakton>Chantilly ()
Date: October 16, 2011 12:46PM

Charger Knight Wrote:
> Spanked? It was 21-14, and Chantilly was 5 yards
> away from tying the game.
>
> Oakton did win, so until playoff time we have no
> right to say we're better than Oakton, but Oakton
> really isn't that good we just played bad.

Seeing as how it was on Chantilly's home field, "spanked" is accurate.

Date: October 16, 2011 09:19PM

Home field advantage means nothing when the schools are all 5 miles apart. So if Oakton had won 21-20, it would still be a spanking cause it was at Chantilly. Whatever.

Date: October 16, 2011 09:21PM

Hokielover94 Wrote:
> Can we please stop talking about the concorde
> district?? This board is called 2011 Northern
> Region Football...not concorde district football.
> I'm sick of everyone hyping up a district that
> isn't even that special.

The Concorde District is the Northern Region, it has the top 4 teams that are a combined 20-0 against nondistrict opponents. The Concorde has something like 8 times the state championships of any other district in the region, so not that special? Try again.

Posted by: Oakton Cougar ()
Date: October 16, 2011 09:51PM

Charger Knight Wrote:
> Hokielover94 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can we please stop talking about the concorde
> > district?? This board is called 2011 Northern
> > Region Football...not concorde district
> football.
> > I'm sick of everyone hyping up a district that
> > isn't even that special.
>
>
> The Concorde District is the Northern Region, it
> has the top 4 teams that are a combined 20-0
> against nondistrict opponents. The Concorde has
> something like 8 times the state championships of
> any other district in the region, so not that
> special? Try again.

That is something we can agree on

Posted by: HeyIdiot ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:55AM

Charger Knight Wrote:
> Home field advantage means nothing when the
> schools are all 5 miles apart.

Stupidest statement ever.

Date: October 17, 2011 11:40AM

Oakton Cougar Wrote:
> Charger Knight Wrote:
> -----
> > Hokielover94 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Can we please stop talking about the concorde
> > > district?? This board is called 2011 Northern
> > > Region Football...not concorde district
> > football.
> > > I'm sick of everyone hyping up a district
> that
> > > isn't even that special.
> >
> >
> > The Concorde District is the Northern Region,
> it
> > has the top 4 teams that are a combined 20-0
> > against nondistrict opponents. The Concorde
> has
> > something like 8 times the state championships
> of
> > any other district in the region, so not that
> > special? Try again.
>
> That is something we can agree on

This is definitely something we can agree on. Going back to the year 2000 we have the state title in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007 and making an early prediction on this one 2011.

Posted by: charger knight ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:52PM

HeyIdiot Wrote:
> Charger Knight Wrote:
> -----
> > Home field advantage means nothing when the
> > schools are all 5 miles apart.
>
> Stupidest statement ever.

How so? The road team has just as many fans as the home team in most of these district games, the crowd is loud on both sides, I don't see "home calls" I agree homefield advantage is irrelevant, no disrespect to Westfield but just using them as an example Chantilly won both their road playoff games against them after never beating them at home at the time of the two wins. Chantilly beat Centreville on the road last year in the playoffs, I know as a Charger fan I am using them as an example but I've never felt going on the road gave the other team an advantage in high school with a 5 mile drive, this ain't college or the pros.

To Bulldog, I suspect the Concorde will produce another champion this year, along with the state championships listed above for Centreville, Westfield, and Oakton since 2000, Robinson and Chantilly also appeared in state championships in '04 and '06 further bolstering the district.

Date: October 17, 2011 08:08PM

Instead of talking about teams, let's talk players. My All Northern Region Offensive Team-

QB-Masker, Oakton
RB-Anderson, Westfield
RB-Stewart, Yorktown
WR-Taylor,Lee
WR-Basil, Westfield
WR-Quigley, Lake Braddock
TE-Jenkins,West Potomac

Posted by: Thoughts? ()
Date: October 17, 2011 09:14PM

fine players, all. but is there true DIV I player among them? this is a year of GOOD teams and GOOD players... not GREAT in either case. Thoughts? BTW - I'd definitely add Dunn from West Springfield at RB

"Instead of talking about teams, let's talk players. My All Northern Region Offensive Team-

QB-Masker, Oakton
RB-Anderson, Westfield
RB-Stewart, Yorktown
WR-Taylor,Lee
WR-Basil, Westfield
WR-Quigley, Lake Braddock
TE-Jenkins,West Potomac"

Date: October 17, 2011 09:24PM

Well, my definition of good may be different than yours, as I follow not only the region, but the entire MD/VA/DC football scene. Your correct, none of them are probably D-1 players; the only ones who are in the region all play mostly on defense. Stewart, however, is only a sophomore, so he has time. Unless you're a qb or k/p, D-1 schools are looking for top notch athleticism. The best player in the region, no doubt, is Allen from Stone Bridge, who can be the best player from the region ever.

Posted by: Edsion Fan ()
Date: October 17, 2011 10:17PM

What about Mackall from Edison as a TE/WR. He plays both positions and is leading the region in TD catches with 11. He has caught a at least one TD in every game this year and has 40 catches for 664 yards.

Posted by: really... ()
Date: October 17, 2011 10:26PM

Unfortunantly edison fucking blows so he wont get very much recognition

Posted by: the truth... ()
Date: October 18, 2011 12:44AM

Quiggley is not an All-Region receiver, one of the most over hyped kids I have seen in the region.

Date: October 18, 2011 12:49AM

I meant to put Mckall on my list, sorry.

Posted by: wildcatswin2011 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 01:04AM

Quigley gets a lot of flak on here and I am not sure why.
He is as good as any receiver in the region

When you play Braddock you game plan for him.
Braddock has no one else, so everyone knows who is getting the ball and he still steps up and makes plays.

Posted by: haha ()
Date: October 18, 2011 06:28AM

So I heard travis whitney and one other player got kicked off centreville becasue they got caught drinking by the cops during homecoming. Sucks for them!

Posted by: WhyYes... ()
Date: October 18, 2011 10:40AM

haha Wrote:
> So I heard travis whitney and one other player got
> kicked off centreville becasue they got caught
> drinking by the cops during homecoming. Sucks for
> them!

Yes, it does. T.W. is a good kid, at least when I knew him. Haven't been around him in a couple of years.

Date: October 18, 2011 10:45AM

Quigley is better than pretty much every receiver in this region. He's produced for two years, gets his catches, isn't very fast, but his quickness gets him YAC.

Posted by: Getttt ()
Date: October 18, 2011 05:04PM

Competition? Wrote:
> Quigley is better than pretty much every receiver
> in this region. He's produced for two years, gets
> his catches, isn't very fast, but his quickness
> gets him YAC.

He produced last year because Nebrich was there and Zanellato was the main target. This year he's almost the only target.

You're right about him being not fast but quick, he also runs very good routes and has solid hands. There is no way he's the best receiver in that region, but he is up there in the top 5 or so.

Date: October 18, 2011 05:32PM

Who that I didn't name is better than Quigley though? He has put up better numbers than just about everyone THIS year as well as last. He is definately top 3 or 4 in the region at WR.

Posted by: Predictions ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:17PM

Offensive Player of the year: Kendall Anderson

Defensive Player of the year: CJ Reimann

What do you all think?

Posted by: the other LB receivers ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:52PM

Wish my twin was the QB

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: October 18, 2011 10:01PM

I agree 100% with those two players being OPY and DPY

Date: October 18, 2011 10:31PM

Yeah I definitely agree on those two for Offensive and Defensive player of the year.

Posted by: Oakton ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:18AM

Sounds good to me

Posted by: wildcatfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:10PM

Big games this Friday Chantilly vs Centreville & Oakton vs Westfield. Hoping for Wildcat and Bulldog wins to setup the real game of the Year!! Centreville vs Westfield.

I hope neither teams are looking past this Friday as both Chantilly and Oakton are very good and capable of winning. I think they will both be good games played by the top 4 teams in the Region. All will make the playoffs and will probably be the final 4 left when all is said and done. With that said I think Centreville and Westfield will both win and setup the Game of the Regular Season.

Posted by: dogfan33 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:09PM

Westfield=A
Centreville=A-
Oakton=B
Chantilly=B-

Posted by: HowBoutThis ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:25PM

wildcatfan Wrote:
> Big games this Friday Chantilly vs Centreville &
> Oakton vs Westfield. Hoping for Wildcat and
> Bulldog wins to setup the real game of the Year!!
> Centreville vs Westfield.
>
> I hope neither teams are looking past this Friday
> as both Chantilly and Oakton are very good and
> capable of winning. I think they will both be
> good games played by the top 4 teams in the
> Region. All will make the playoffs and will
> probably be the final 4 left when all is said and
> done. With that said I think Centreville and
> Westfield will both win and setup the Game of the
> Regular Season.

Why can't we hope for Charger / Cougar wins so then the game of the season could be Centreville vs. Oakton in 2 weeks?

Posted by: idrathersee ()
Date: October 19, 2011 06:16PM

Id rather see a match-up of undefeated teams in week 9 (Centerville vs. Oakton) brawling it out for the #1 seed as well as the Concorde championship

Posted by: Wildcatfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:04PM

Competition? Wrote:
> Who that I didn't name is better than Quigley
> though? He has put up better numbers than just
> about everyone THIS year as well as last. He is
> definately top 3 or 4 in the region at WR.

Chase Walter from Centreville, plays for a running team that throws maybe 7-10 times a game and he still has 7 TDs and 23 catches on the year. He was second team All Region last year.

He also plays a Strong Safety type position on Defense and has 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery for TD.

Date: October 19, 2011 11:32PM

wildcatfan Wrote:
> Big games this Friday Chantilly vs Centreville &
> Oakton vs Westfield. Hoping for Wildcat and
> Bulldog wins to setup the real game of the Year!!
> Centreville vs Westfield.
>
> I hope neither teams are looking past this Friday
> as both Chantilly and Oakton are very good and
> capable of winning. I think they will both be
> good games played by the top 4 teams in the
> Region. All will make the playoffs and will
> probably be the final 4 left when all is said and
> done. With that said I think Centreville and
> Westfield will both win and setup the Game of the
> Regular Season.

Couldn't agree more my man. This is a downright nasty rivalry and no better way to settle this rivalry with a great match up both as undefeated teams, don't you agree? calling for 8-0 CVHS vs. WHS next week. Hopefully neither Westfield nor Centreville are looking over their very tough opponents this week. Should be a great friday of football this week

Date: October 19, 2011 11:37PM

charger knight Wrote:
> HeyIdiot Wrote:
> -----
> > Charger Knight Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Home field advantage means nothing when the
> > > schools are all 5 miles apart.
> >
> > Stupidest statement ever.
>
> How so? The road team has just as many fans as
> the home team in most of these district games, the
> crowd is loud on both sides, I don't see "home
> calls" I agree homefield advantage is irrelevant,
> no disrespect to Westfield but just using them as
> an example Chantilly won both their road playoff
> games against them after never beating them at
> home at the time of the two wins. Chantilly beat
> Centreville on the road last year in the playoffs,
> I know as a Charger fan I am using them as an
> example but I've never felt going on the road gave
> the other team an advantage in high school with a
> 5 mile drive, this ain't college or the pros.
>
> To Bulldog, I suspect the Concorde will produce
> another champion this year, along with the state
> championships listed above for Centreville,
> Westfield, and Oakton since 2000, Robinson and
> Chantilly also appeared in state championships in
> '04 and '06 further bolstering the district.

ah I had forgotten about the '04 and '06 teams, well that only shows more of our might. I believe it is easy to say that the concorde district is the strongest district in the northern region and we might be able to make a case for all of VA

Posted by: tomorrow ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:11PM

tomorrow should be a VERY good gameday. i'm extremely excited to hear the outcomes.

Posted by: concorde fan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:29PM

Its going to be a tough choice tomorrow whether or not I head to Chantilly or Oakton. Ill probably go watch the battle of the undefeateds but both are great games.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 21, 2011 12:14AM

From 2000 to 2007 the Concorde District placed a team in the finals of the AAA Division 6:

2000 - Centreville (W)
2001 - Robinson (W)
2002 - Oakton (L)
2003 - Westfield (W)
2004 - Robinson (L)
2005 - Oakton (W)
2006 - Chantilly (L)
2007 - Westfield (W)

2008 Oakton made the Semi-Finals.

2009 and 2010 - no team from Concorde made the semi-finals.

Posted by: NewScores ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:00PM

Time to start the score updates.

End of 1st quarter, Oakton 3, Westfield 7

Posted by: NewScores ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:40PM

Halftime, Oakton 3, Westfield 21

Posted by: Wildcat Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:44PM

Centreville vs. Chantilly, score? Or is there a place I can go online to get the scores of the local games?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Centrevlle/Chantilly ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:46PM

Centreville was blowing them out.

Kendell Anderson for Westfield ran all over Oakton tonight.

Posted by: WestfieldBulldog ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:00PM

And so next week is the game of the year! 8-0 Westfield @ 8-0 Centreville! Going to be a HUGE game!

Posted by: Wildcat Fan ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:09PM

WestfieldBulldog Wrote:
> And so next week is the game of the year! 8-0
> Westfield @ 8-0 Centreville! Going to be a HUGE
> game!

I hope it is going to be a close game and not a blow out!

Posted by: wildcats ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:12PM

What was cville Chantilly score????

Posted by: FYI the scores ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:19PM

Gamedaymagazine.com has all the scores

Posted by: BigTwo ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:42PM

Westfield 35, Oakton 10

Centreville 38, Chantilly 13

Posted by: Dick Butkis ()
Date: October 21, 2011 11:15PM

Wildcat Fan Wrote:
> WestfieldBulldog Wrote:
> -----
> > And so next week is the game of the year! 8-0
> > Westfield @ 8-0 Centreville! Going to be a HUGE
> > game!
>
> I hope it is going to be a close game and not a
> blow out!

That will be a huge match-up.

Posted by: The guy who knows ()
Date: October 22, 2011 12:03AM

AS was said before several times, Chamtilly was exposed for who they were tonight. Not even in the same league with WF and Centreville. It's them two, and everybody else.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.