HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
@steve
Posted by: Fuck you ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:46PM

we'll see ;)
NEWS FLASH: LB has been preparing to lose neebs and matt z since the BEGINNING of last year. In Michael's sophomore year he ended up playing in Ryan Curtis' spot because of an injury and did not look extremely good, yet the nest year he came back and led the team to a state title, Tyler has been doing the same thing this ofseason, preparing himself for his role this year. You also have to remember there are 11 people on the field and when LB played last year sometimes they played like thre were only 2, it worked sometimes and cost them games other times...
but like i said, we'll see, or at least YOU will see, for i already have seen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: @steve
Posted by: you're an idiot ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:54PM

"LB has been preparing to lose neebs and matt z since the BEGINNING of last year."

You're first sentence is fucking stupid... Think before you write.

LB will be good but to say that Quigley will be as good or better than Nebrich, a division 1 QB, in his first year starting is a pipe dream....

Re: 2011 Northern Region HS Football
Posted by: Being an idiot is fun ;) ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:24AM

I'm not saying he will be as good as him, I'm saying it has happened before, we had to bring in a new QB and look at what He ended up doing with only one offseason to prepare for the 2009 season (eventual state runners-up)

Posted by: ftballfn ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:10PM

i say everyone should watch out for oakton, even with the loss of joe thompson. they return their entire offensive line along with all linebackers and most of their defense. they participated very well in the national 7 on 7 behind the leadership of two very good looking quarterbacks and an assortment of wide recievers. oakton is a darkhorse. they just scored four touchdowns against woodson in only one quarter of play. woodbridge was also in this scrimmage and oaktons offensive line moved two division 1 linemen all over the field. the one question about oakton was offense but i believe this offense could put up 40 a game

Posted by: did yall see ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:21PM

Westfield was putting a beating on Dematha in their scrimmage before lightning...

Posted by: at the scrimmage ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:54PM

Woodson played their 2nd team defense against Oakton the whole game if you were paying attention. Oakton is a good team but you can't take anything away from that

Posted by: football fan ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:59PM

Whoever you are from Annandale, you need to look at today's score vs. Centreville and reconsider your standing. 84-0 is not only embarrassing, but hard to do.

Posted by: Also at the scrimage ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:05PM

Woodson also was running a D they didn't run against Woodbridge today. They were running some kind of 5 man front. They usually run a 4-3. They also ran a 5 wide offense against oakton but ran a pro set against Woodbridge. I don't know wtf was going on...

Posted by: Bballer ()
Date: August 20, 2011 08:19PM

Well thats what happens when you put a young team against the #2 team in the region

Posted by: morons ()
Date: August 20, 2011 09:56PM

Did you actually watch the whole game? Woodson scored in 3 plays to start the Oakton game. In fact, the first play was a long wide open pass for 80+ yards. Oakton had no idea how to cover the all WR formation. Then the JV team was playing after that against Oaktons starters. I thought the JV team played well considering they were playing against the #1's.

The overall team is much better at Woodson than last years. Defense looked 100 times better (the starters) and they have a great balance on offense. They like to run, but when they wanted to pass, they completed them with ease to wide open receivers.

Posted by: woodson fan ()
Date: August 20, 2011 10:34PM

I must have watched a different game. The 3 picks oakton had against the first team were real. I thought we looked decent. The firsts and seconds rotated during the entire quarters. It was very even. Should be a good game in a few weeks when they play for real. I thought we need to improve against the run, woodbridge was Fast.

Posted by: what? ()
Date: August 20, 2011 11:31PM

woodson completed passes with ease? they got like 2 first downs against woodbridge..

LB WILL BE READY
Posted by: LB PARENT ()
Date: August 20, 2011 11:32PM

Lake Braddock seemed to move the ball with ease on Thursday night against Hayfield but they only got three or four plays in before lightning. When I showed up late to the scrimage Lake Braddock seemed to not have the same passion I saw the night before. They still dominated the game and both sides played well. Though they dominated many players weren't getting off the ball quickly and their were mistakes made. They seemed to take some extra time to line up in thier formations. I still have no fear seeing how Poythress has put Lake Braddock on the map for a contender every year since he got the job I am sure he will not fail this year and will make get this team to the regional final and possibly to a state championship.

Posted by: mikey123 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 11:43PM

I was at the game and Woodson definitely didnt play their 2nds the whole game Oakton just brought the beat down on Woodson today. Period.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 21, 2011 12:46AM

Oh hey - did SOCO beat Chantilly Saturday?

Posted by: woodson fan ()
Date: August 21, 2011 07:07AM

Again, I must have watched a different game. I didnt see a beatdown. I saw two even teams. Woodson scored on their first few plays. Oakton scored twice, once against the firsts and the other against the seconds. Oakton also had a pick six. However, we did move tbe ball into the redzone twice only to stall. Not bad for a first scrimmage. The new coach and his staff are taking our kids in the right direction. Shoukd be a great game during the season..

Re: LB WILL BE READY
Posted by: doesnt matter what my name is ()
Date: August 21, 2011 07:56AM

LB PARENT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lake Braddock seemed to move the ball with ease on
> Thursday night against Hayfield but they only got
> three or four plays in before lightning. When I
> showed up late to the scrimage Lake Braddock
> seemed to not have the same passion I saw the
> night before. They still dominated the game and
> both sides played well. Though they dominated
> many players weren't getting off the ball quickly
> and their were mistakes made. They seemed to take
> some extra time to line up in thier formations. I
> still have no fear seeing how Poythress has put
> Lake Braddock on the map for a contender every
> year since he got the job I am sure he will not
> fail this year and will make get this team to the
> regional final and possibly to a state
> championship.

LB didnt scrimmage Hayfield, Hayfield was out as Stone Bridge, getting in some pretty good work

Posted by: at the scrimmage ()
Date: August 21, 2011 09:53AM

woodson's 1st D didn't play any series against Oakton. Period. Oakton also scored on a pick 6, against the JV qb. Woodson played their 1st team the whole time against woodbridge.

Posted by: ftblfn ()
Date: August 21, 2011 10:06AM

so your saying that the biggest player, number 30 at middle linebacker is a JV player....hmmmm doesnt sound right. and woodson used both qbs the entire scrimmage one in a blue jersey and one in red. and while the one in blue was in the other player reciever. it doesnt sound like much of a second team if your putting your number one qb in at wide reciever

Posted by: To the retard..what? ()
Date: August 21, 2011 10:31AM

"woodson completed passes with ease? they got like 2 first downs against woodbridge.."

You must have not been at the scrimmage, Woodson drove up and down the field on Woodbridge at will. Woodbridge couldnt score even when they were inside the 20 at the end of the scrimmage. Oakton's starting d and o were nothin to brag about seeing as though woodson was rotating the JV offense and defense. It'll be a good game in a couple weeks.

Posted by: Can I Bus ()
Date: August 21, 2011 11:08AM

I thought Oakton scrimmaged South lakes?

Posted by: oakton ()
Date: August 21, 2011 11:14AM

Oakton should have scrimmaged South Lakes. There was a rain out on Thursday night. The South Lakes coaches would not reschedule the game due to a wedding on their staff. There were no officials for a game Friday morning. And South Lakes would not do Friday night or Saturday. So Oakton was lucky to get anything with Woodson and Woodbridge.

Good luck to South Lakes as they get blasted next week against Centreville.

Posted by: oakton squared ()
Date: August 21, 2011 11:24AM

South Lakes is a joke. They'll get blasted next week against Centreville and blasted again in week one against Westfield. Should've found a way to scrimmage if you really want to get better this week.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: August 21, 2011 12:57PM

oakton squared Wrote:
> South Lakes is a joke. They'll get blasted next
> week against Centreville and blasted again in week
> one against Westfield. Should've found a way to
> scrimmage if you really want to get better this
> week.

I am sorry, but some things trump a meaningless football scrimmage, and a wedding is definitely one of those things. South Lakes has been practicing hard and will be fine.

Date: August 21, 2011 01:15PM

That doesnt defeat the point that they are going to lose to two superior football teams

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: August 21, 2011 01:21PM

I'm a parent and from what I understand, South lakes made an attempt to make up the game. Madison even offered their turf field so Oakton wouldn't have to damage their field. South Lakes wanted Friday and Oakton wanted Saturday! They couldn't agree and they both moved on. Unfortunately for South Lakes they will miss out on a scrimmage.

Posted by: northern region fanatic ()
Date: August 21, 2011 01:29PM

ftblfn Wrote:
> That doesnt defeat the point that they are going
> to lose to two superior football teams

Probably so, but who cares about losing a scrimmage? I always say you should over match yourself in scrimmages as they are great learning opportunities where the results do not matter. Much like Westfield does with Dematha the past few years.

Posted by: pigscanfly ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:43PM

Hayfield looked very good against Stonebridge. SB's qb is a good player. Hayfield def has the athletes to compete for the D5 title. May be SB and Hayfield again for the norther region.

Posted by: Patriot ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:44PM

football is american... whereas foot-ball is not.

Posted by: what ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:48PM

woodson drove up and down the field? what was the score of the woodbridge-woodson scrimmage?

Date: August 21, 2011 04:22PM

Sorry south lakes patent but you were lied to.

Posted by: CHARGEr ()
Date: August 21, 2011 05:36PM

One of the best programs in Virginia the past 5 years Chantilly. They have an amazing junior QB in Sonny Romine. 2 very heavily recruited running backs Jimmy Hicks and Will Hill. An awsome full back in Ross simms. 2 very good sophmore running backs which one of them broke the freshman touchdown record with over 30 TD's. Which is amazing. They have Caleb Reinhardt a very tall wide reciever. Hopefully he will live up to the expectations. Also, they have 2 northern region all mets returning Ben Cobb and Nico Alcalde.These kids are just beast. What are your thoughts for chantilly this year? States or Bust?

Posted by: John81 ()
Date: August 21, 2011 06:28PM

Chantilly a superpower? Not really, hell the game i saw they should have lost to Langley. They will probably lose to them this year since its at Langley.

Posted by: Charger Knight ()
Date: August 21, 2011 06:44PM

This will be the fifth consecutive year playing Langley out-of-district, getting a little sick of watching this game as I want to see some other out-of-district games. Excited to get Stone Bridge on the schedule this year though.

2007: 35-13 Win
2008: 21-14 Win*
2009: 42-20 Win
2010: 42-35 Win*

*home game

Date: August 21, 2011 06:57PM

chantilly just has to get over the hump of beating oakton. they have not been able to do it the past couple years and this year oakton is much better then they were last year.

Date: August 21, 2011 07:31PM

Sick of watching Langley vs Chantilly? the past 3 games have all been exciting, Langley was up two touchdowns last year in the third quarter. Plus Langley now has arguably the strongest kid and the fastest kid in the entire region this year. If not for coaching, the team would be a huge threat.

Posted by: DStewart01 ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:54PM

Stuart beat Hayfield last year... has Hayfield gotten significantly better this year?

Date: August 21, 2011 09:34PM

DStewart01 Wrote:
> Stuart beat Hayfield last year... has Hayfield
> gotten significantly better this year?

No, they are just rewarded for being in division 5 is all.

Date: August 21, 2011 09:59PM

Oakton's Jake Farrar is the strongest kid in the region. Hands down.

Date: August 21, 2011 10:03PM

doubt that oakton kid is strongest, unless he's benching more than 400 pounds.

Date: August 21, 2011 10:50PM

@2steve k2

Hayfield is as advertised, u can trust that,and if healthy will blow Stuart off the field, Stuart won last year no doubt, but u play with what you have, but I can promise you at full strength it won't be close, so it was not a reward for being D5, you cant blame the kids they only play who they are told. Supposedly,(from the school website) they played SB pretty solid and they still had possibly four starters out, that should tell you all you need to know.

Take it how you want, as stated before not world beaters, just gonna line up and play and whatever happens will happen, simple as that, so well see if were significantly better or worse when we play the games.

Posted by: Thebreeze ()
Date: August 22, 2011 07:35AM

Farrar benches over 430 and squats 550

Posted by: the truth fool ()
Date: August 22, 2011 08:24AM

Thebreeze Wrote:
> Farrar benches over 430 and squats 550

Doesn't mean he's anything special in football.

Posted by: Oakton ()
Date: August 22, 2011 03:33PM

Come watch him play and judge for yourself. He was a 1st team OL and 2nd team DL last year. He is only better and stronger.

Date: August 22, 2011 05:27PM

Oakton Wrote:
> Come watch him play and judge for yourself. He
> was a 1st team OL and 2nd team DL last year. He
> is only better and stronger.

He was elected to first team OL while only playing half the year. 2nd most dominant lineman in the district and im excited to see him carrying the ball this year

Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: August 22, 2011 08:53PM

Farrar is gonna dominate the entire Concorde this year the 2 Division one linemen on woodbridge couldn't stop him, so who else will? Oakton's defense will be one of the best if not the best in the Region.

Posted by: thats nice but ()
Date: August 22, 2011 09:40PM

Harvey on Langley beat the state champion in the 100m. Doubt if there's anyone more athletic than him in region legitimate 40 inch vertical too , but he's not playing on offense though haha

Posted by: Fan23 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 11:51PM

Alot of you must not of been at the dematha. Westfield scrimmage Friday night. Those boys from Westfield have alot of talent on there defense led by senior linebackers Mo Katz & Matt Craft. There offense was looking pretty good. Kendell Anderson is really making a name for himself. WR Quentin Basil might be an all state receiver. But everyone will see Friday nights

Posted by: at dem west game ()
Date: August 23, 2011 06:48AM

dematha didnt try in the SCRIMMAGE. do you honestly think westfield can play with future d1 recruits at several positions? No. Dematha had 3rd stringers in to get some practice. They would beat everyone in northern region by 40 in a real game

Date: August 23, 2011 09:32AM

hmmmmmmm Wrote:
> Farrar is gonna dominate the entire Concorde this
> year the 2 Division one linemen on woodbridge
> couldn't stop him, so who else will? Oakton's
> defense will be one of the best if not the best in
> the Region.

Trust me one D1 linemen could easily stop Farrar. The term D1 is being thrown around so loosely on here. All of a sudden, half the region is D1 players...

Oakton has a strong team, but I absolutely believe this year the Concorde has the top 5 teams in the region for division 6. Lake Braddock may or may not be in the mix, I think all the LB fans on here are in for a rude awakening, but we will see. Season is just a little over a week away!

Date: August 23, 2011 02:53PM

Farrar took on an ODU and PSU commits in the scrimmage. He would hold his own. 1st team all district only playing 5 games at oline. Now he is a fb. This kid is special. Dont judge till you see him.

Posted by: john81 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 03:27PM

The ONLY d1 players I've seen are Harvey , Jon Allen , and stan Johnson everyone else is being hyped up by teammates or themselves on here. You can't have 4.9 speed and be a d1 runningback..

Date: August 23, 2011 03:45PM

john81 Wrote:
> The ONLY d1 players I've seen are Harvey , Jon
> Allen , and stan Johnson everyone else is being
> hyped up by teammates or themselves on here. You
> can't have 4.9 speed and be a d1 runningback..

Jake isnt a d1 running back.He has dq talent and strength but lacks any size that is needed these days. he is a lineman and reminds me a lot of taylor naleppa from the 2005 state championship team.

Posted by: hmmmmmmmm ()
Date: August 23, 2011 05:24PM

There are 2 legit D1 Linemen on Woodbridge one commited to ODU, the other with multiple D1 offers... I'm not lying when I said Farrar took them to school.

Date: August 23, 2011 05:42PM

Never said he was a d1 anything. He is a great player, thats it. All i said was he held his own and beat up some D1 quality kids. Check this kid out.

Date: August 23, 2011 05:47PM

O sorry, when I refer to D1 I was thinking FBS, not FCS. Those I mentioned before have FBS ability. Farrar may have FCS, but I doubt FBS.

Posted by: the truth fool ()
Date: August 23, 2011 06:28PM

Okay I am getting sick of Farrar and his parents posting about him in a blatant attempt to get their son some recgonition. I do not care if this kid can bench buildings he's nothing special.

Date: August 23, 2011 07:07PM

Jon Allen I can understand, Stan Johnson is not a D1 WR at all no route running ability and disappears, at least it looked that way in the scrimmage, A D1 WR is def gonna find a way to get the ball and want the ball, esp if your gonna tell me you have a D1 QB throwing it to him

Posted by: oakton football ()
Date: August 23, 2011 07:15PM

I just think that oakton as a football program is greatly under rated. jake is a stud and cj reimann has potential to be an all state linebacker. oakton won the state championship in 2005 and would have won again if not for a neck injury to chris coyer. oakton is always underated just becuse they never get kids on D1 scholarship

Posted by: Carl Says," ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:01PM

Charger Night, I'm glad you're excited to watch Stone Bridge this year. You should be, cus dey gonna beat your Charger Bums down, and bad. Belee dat!

Posted by: Texas Pete ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:03PM

I say Chantilly goes 5-5 this year.

Date: August 23, 2011 11:51PM

Texas Pete Wrote:
> I say Chantilly goes 5-5 this year.

And then wins the region, the winner when it's all said and done might very well have 5 losses this year.

Posted by: steve sucks ()
Date: August 24, 2011 05:19AM

Another idiotic comment from steve. No concorde team will make the playoffs with 5 losses let alone win the district. There may be co champs this year, but they would each have 1 loss. You bring nothing to the table you charger lover. Can anyone say over rated. Centreville is gonna roll everybody. Haddock is the king.

Date: August 24, 2011 06:39AM

steve sucks Wrote:
> Another idiotic comment from steve. No concorde
> team will make the playoffs with 5 losses let
> alone win the district. There may be co champs
> this year, but they would each have 1 loss. You
> bring nothing to the table you charger lover. Can
> anyone say over rated. Centreville is gonna roll
> everybody. Haddock is the king.

Clearly you don't know high school football. 5 wins in the Concorde will almost certainly get a team in based on the power points for strength of schedule. You do know they upped the field to 8 teams like 4 years ago? Hell, there's been teams with 4 wins to get in D5.

2009, Chantilly and Oakton both 5-5, made the playoffs. 2007 Robinson with 5 wins made the playoffs. So if you're going to try to attack my comments get your facts straight.

The district is way to balanced this year for 2 teams to finish with 1 loss as well.

Posted by: steve sucks ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:28AM

I do know HS football. I do have my facts straight. Notice it was 2009. The other schools in D6 are getting better, as the concorde has more parody. With the addition of South Lakes, the playoff picture gets muddy. Teams in weaker districts with a weaker schedule have a better chance of getting into the playoffs because of wins. Wins add up in the power points. 2009 was a fluke. The majority of the teams were subpar. A 5-5 record this year will not get you into the playoffs. I do agree that 3 or 4 teams from the Concorde make the playoffs, which will force Chantilly out with 4 district losses, plus their out of district losses.

D5 and D6 are two different worlds. Dont even try to compare the two.

Posted by: plyaoff picture ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:15AM

4-5 teams from the concorde will make it. 1-2 from the liberty, and 2-3 from the patriot.

Posted by: Jubby ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:31AM

thats nice but Wrote:
> Harvey on Langley beat the state champion in the
> 100m. Doubt if there's anyone more athletic than
> him in region legitimate 40 inch vertical too ,
> but he's not playing on offense though haha

It seems you haven't been to the AAA Outdoor Track and Field State Championships this year. Don't lie to make your teammate look good, nobody from Langley participated in the 100m.

Posted by: Hey Jubby ()
Date: August 24, 2011 05:26PM

Jubby, your a dumbass, a quick google search shows he did beat the state champ, but got injured, so he was out for the rest of the track season.Scroll down to boys 100m. Demetri knowles won states, Harvey couldnt participate because he injured himself DURING this race and STILL won limping the last 10m.

http://va.milesplit.com/meets/84747/results/153573

Posted by: Bruin Fag ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:33PM

I dont know what any of you guys are talking about, Lake Braddock may have lost 2 key players, doesn't mean that the teams going to blow..

we Have a Great QB, and A returning Key reciever, the Defense hasn't really left at all either. The Offense may have lost the Line and 2 seniors, but that doesnt mean that there arent players there to replace em. I think we'll go far this year. Im not sure about States. But 3 time regional champs for sure.

Posted by: Sharkweek ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:40PM

Jubby, you got owned. Ive seen that kid play and he's fast, plays at a different speed than the others. Can come up and hit a lil bit too, good player.

Posted by: back ()
Date: August 24, 2011 09:15PM

So Lee just dominated Langley at the scrimmage tonight. I believe the 1st team score was 34 to 14/21. Langley handled Lee when it came to 2nd team, but Lee is looking legit.

Date: August 24, 2011 10:00PM

Hey Jubby Wrote:
> Jubby, your a dumbass, a quick google search shows
> he did beat the state champ, but got injured, so
> he was out for the rest of the track season.Scroll
> down to boys 100m. Demetri knowles won states,
> Harvey couldnt participate because he injured
> himself DURING this race and STILL won limping the
> last 10m.
>
> http://va.milesplit.com/meets/84747/results/153573

11.33? Obviously you haven't seen the results of the state championships nor the regional results. That time wouldn't have qualified for the finals.
http://va.milesplit.com/meets/88351/results/161696

http://va.milesplit.com/meets/88247/results/162064
There are so many kids faster than that guy. To say he's the fastest in the state is a joke.

Posted by: Jubby,stop ()
Date: August 24, 2011 10:12PM

Jubby, it was raining heavily tht meet. Think about it, his time was fastest at meet, he ran a 10.6 in previous meet. He beat the state champ, he would have run much faster than 11.3 but pulled groin before he finished. Are you saying knowles isnt that fast as well, since neither of his times at meet were faster?

Posted by: footballfan ()
Date: August 24, 2011 10:18PM

After watching Oakton play tonight against West Springfield. I dont think Oakton makes the playoffs. Sorry, I dont understand the hype on this board. They are not good.

Date: August 24, 2011 10:24PM

Jubby,stop Wrote:
> Jubby, it was raining heavily tht meet. Think
> about it, his time was fastest at meet, he ran a
> 10.6 in previous meet. He beat the state champ, he
> would have run much faster than 11.3 but pulled
> groin before he finished. Are you saying knowles
> isnt that fast as well, since neither of his times
> at meet were faster?

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/School.aspx?SchoolID=3800
http://va.milesplit.com/teams/LANG/records
http://va.milesplit.com/teams/LANG/performances

According to these links, he did not run 10.6. Seriously, you don't have to lie to make a player look good.

Posted by: No jubby ()
Date: August 24, 2011 10:31PM

Im sorry jubby it was recorded as a 10.6 but they only have it in the school. If you honestly believe he could not run faster than an 11.3 with heavy downpour, thats on you. He clearly beat someone who usually runs in the 10.6-7 range, and if you were actually at the meet, you woud have seen he beat him EASILY, then pulled his groin on the last 10m.He flat out crushed him. Some of the times this year for the school were not recorded on the website, im sorry. But you honestly believe that the state champ cannot run a faster time than him at the meet, and he blows him out, but he isnt that fast. Either way hes plenty fast on the field and very athletic, you should catch a game.

Posted by: Give it a rest ()
Date: August 24, 2011 10:36PM

OK its obvious-the kid beat the AAA state champion in a race, thats evident, so he must be fast. Cant deny that. But can he play football? That's the question.

Date: August 24, 2011 10:52PM

No jubby Wrote:
> Im sorry jubby it was recorded as a 10.6 but they
> only have it in the school. If you honestly
> believe he could not run faster than an 11.3 with
> heavy downpour, thats on you. He clearly beat
> someone who usually runs in the 10.6-7 range, and
> if you were actually at the meet, you woud have
> seen he beat him EASILY, then pulled his groin on
> the last 10m.He flat out crushed him. Some of the
> times this year for the school were not recorded
> on the website, im sorry. But you honestly believe
> that the state champ cannot run a faster time than
> him at the meet, and he blows him out, but he isnt
> that fast. Either way hes plenty fast on the field
> and very athletic, you should catch a game.

So he raced against the VISAA champion. Nice try, but Private and Public schools are a tad bit different really. You people make it sound like he beat the AAA state champion. Its true weather is a major factor in a race, however, its clear that he didn't run 10.6. And I'm sure Milestat keeps up with recent meets. They are very good with that.

Posted by: steve k2 hater sucks ()
Date: August 25, 2011 12:00AM

steve sucks Wrote:
> I do know HS football. I do have my facts
> straight. Notice it was 2009. The other schools
> in D6 are getting better, as the concorde has more
> parody. With the addition of South Lakes, the
> playoff picture gets muddy. Teams in weaker
> districts with a weaker schedule have a better
> chance of getting into the playoffs because of
> wins. Wins add up in the power points. 2009 was
> a fluke. The majority of the teams were subpar.
> A 5-5 record this year will not get you into the
> playoffs. I do agree that 3 or 4 teams from the
> Concorde make the playoffs, which will force
> Chantilly out with 4 district losses, plus their
> out of district losses.
>
> D5 and D6 are two different worlds. Dont even try
> to compare the two.

I disagree with you, but will tell you right now, NO WAY Chantilly goes 1-4 in the district. If you think that, you really don't know the area landscape. This team is stronger than last years team that made the region championship with most key players back and upgrades all over the place. This is a region champion caliber team and thats why scouting websites are ranking them so high in the state of Virginia.

Posted by: OK Jubby ()
Date: August 25, 2011 02:39AM

Knowles was the FASTEST in the state-his times prove that. He ran a 10.68 in visaa finals, while fastest in aaa championship meet was..a 10.68. But knowles was named BY MILESTAT as the NUMBER 1 sprinter in the MID-ATLANTIC. That includes everyone, public and private. Harvey beat him, was actually crushing him, but he pulled up short because a groin injury, and still won. So, I think its safe to assume he is one of, if not the fastest in the state. Plus hes about 6-2 190 compared to knowles 6-0 165.

Posted by: Also Jubby ()
Date: August 25, 2011 02:44AM

Nobody in the state had a better personal best than knowles (10.65). Which would make him the fastest.

Posted by: Also Jubby ()

Nobody in the state had a better personal best than knowles (10.65). Which would make him the fastest.

Posted by: Also ()

Posted by: Sorry ()
Date: August 25, 2011 02:46AM

triplepost

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: August 25, 2011 10:51AM

am i the only one that thinks south county will be a force this year?
d-5, returning 7 starters on D and 7 on O

Posted by: Keep Dreaming ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:03AM

just saying Wrote:
> am i the only one that thinks south county will be
> a force this year?
> d-5, returning 7 starters on D and 7 on O

Yes.

Posted by: hyped ()
Date: August 25, 2011 12:20PM

I've been hearing a lot of hype about this Lake Braddock v. Centreville game next week. Really gonna be good? Who's heading out for it?

Posted by: k ()
Date: August 25, 2011 12:55PM

okay dick.
Soco's 1s beat chantilly 21-10 last week.
they will put down braddock this year.
braddock scored 13 with neebs and matt, you think the quigleys are gonna put up more against virtually the same defense?
9-3
D-5 northern region finalsits
patriot district champs

Posted by: good one ()
Date: August 25, 2011 01:59PM

HAHAAAHA you think south county is going to 'put down' braddock? good one. they won't have a very good season this year. i'll just tell you that.

Posted by: d5 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 04:14PM

What's funny is that soco could go something like 3-7 and still make the playoffs based on powerpoints. 8 of their 10 games are against D6 opponents, which earns them more powerpoints, whether they win or lose, than if they had played D5 schools. Any D6 schools that they beat (Annandale, West Springfield, WPot, TC?) this year will be worth more points than what McLean could get for beating someone like Marshall, for example. A loss to Robinson, LB, or Oakton will get them more points than when other D5 teams lose to Stone Bridge.

This happened to Lee a few years back. They were like 2-8 or something and still made the playoffs over teams that were 4-6 or 5-5 (IIRC). The only D5 schools Soco plays are Hayfield and Lee.

Posted by: Charger Knight ()
Date: August 25, 2011 04:48PM

k Wrote:
> okay dick.
> Soco's 1s beat chantilly 21-10 last week.
> they will put down braddock this year.
> braddock scored 13 with neebs and matt, you think
> the quigleys are gonna put up more against
> virtually the same defense?
> 9-3
> D-5 northern region finalsits
> patriot district champs

Soco's 1's beat Chantilly's 2's and 3's; most of Chantilly's ones only saw the field for one possesion, the offense scored and the defense held.

Date: August 25, 2011 07:15PM

Also Jubby Wrote:
> Nobody in the state had a better personal best
> than knowles (10.65). Which would make him the
> fastest.

Are you stupid? Coby Branch ran a 10.54.

Posted by: Champion of The World ()
Date: August 25, 2011 09:12PM

So what if So-Co beat Chantilly's 1's, 2's, or 3's Chantilly, is the most overrated team on this board.

Chargers go 5-5 this year.

Posted by: Week 1 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 09:14PM

if i could only go to one week 1 game, where should i go and why? Im looking for a good game, not a blowout.Want to see some good players as well.

Posted by: Theword ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:39PM

I was there? No personnel changes until two possessions into second half.
Get ur facts straight.
And ur right, chantilly is awful.

Go to centreville v. LB, best week 1 matchup

Posted by: SoCoDad ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:55PM

South County just beat Hylton 17-14, they pissed off Chantilly last weekend. I don'tknow if they when the district but they will when D5,sorry Stonebridge.

Posted by: viewer ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:08AM

Why did SoCo play their starters the entire scrimmage vs Hylton? Hylton removed their starters after the first half. Then to have some SoCo parent brag about them winning is ...............

Posted by: charger knight ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:34AM

Champion of The World Wrote:
> So what if So-Co beat Chantilly's 1's, 2's, or 3's
> Chantilly, is the most overrated team on this
> board.
>
> Chargers go 5-5 this year.

Please give me a reason why Chantilly will be mediocre this year, I am serious. I do not see how people jump to that conclusion.

They've been to 3 of the last 5 region championships, won 10 games last year including: 2 against Westfield, Centreville and district champion Robinson all of which were good teams. I will be proud when the Chargers once against prove all the doubters wrong, as they do year in and year out.

Then South County is a joke, they did play all their starters the whole scrimmage and act like they've won something meaningful against third stringers. Lake Braddock ain't half the team they were last year, lets just leave the patriot district out of this and talk some Concorde football here.

Posted by: charger knight ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:34AM

Champion of The World Wrote:
> So what if So-Co beat Chantilly's 1's, 2's, or 3's
> Chantilly, is the most overrated team on this
> board.
>
> Chargers go 5-5 this year.

Please give me a reason why Chantilly will be mediocre this year, I am serious. I do not see how people jump to that conclusion.

They've been to 3 of the last 5 region championships, won 10 games last year including: 2 against Westfield, Centreville and district champion Robinson all of which were good teams. I will be proud when the Chargers once against prove all the doubters wrong, as they do year in and year out.

Then South County is a joke, they did play all their starters the whole scrimmage and act like they've won something meaningful against third stringers. Lake Braddock ain't half the team they were last year, lets just leave the patriot district out of this and talk some Concorde football here.

Posted by: Tell me more ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:45AM

Nostradamus Wrote:
> Tanner will catch the most
> balls on the team and he will finish with the most
> receiving yards on the Bruins and be in the top
> ten in touchdowns in the district.

I don't even know who Tanner is, except that he appears to be the quarterback's brother. However, is it really a huge accomplishment to be "in the top ten in touchdowns in the district" ? I mean, that may be a big deal, but possibly not so much in the context of discussing the team's leading receiver on a team that you are projecting to win regionals amd possibly states?

Aren't you really saying that he will be the best receiver on the LB team? How does that argue for success in regionals or states? Don't you need to compare him to other possible impact players from the Region and/or State?

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.