HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
crash at 123 & henderson rd
Posted by: yikes ()
Date: February 10, 2011 04:45AM

InsideNoVA.com News near PWC: Fatal crash tonight at Henderson Road and Va. 123 in Fairfax. Road closed at the intersection. Car traveling 90 mph crashed into front yard, car caught on fire, driver was trapped. Check back with us in the a.m. for more details.

90 mph on henderson with wet/frozen roads... ? recipe for disaster!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: crash at 123 & henderson rd
Posted by: edgar ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:52AM

And the Darwin award for Feb 10 goes to.....

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:33AM

Drive like a douche, die like a douche.

Posted by: FCPD Release ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:16AM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030 703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253 FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/
News Release: 20110400327/BW/(7)
February 10, 2011

Fatal Crash in Lorton Area

West Springfield Police District – Police are investigating a fatal crash that occurred around 9:10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 9. A 27-year-old man was driving southbound on Ox Road in a 2000 Chevrolet. Sharon Parrish, 57, was driving northbound on Ox Road in a 2000 BMW. Parish attempted to turn left onto Henderson Road when she was struck by the Chevrolet. Sharon Parish, of 7998 Blooms Road, was dead at the scene. The 27-year-old driver was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.

Speed is considered a factor, however alcohol is not. The investigation continues.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264

Posted by: Seeker ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:22AM

Are these two separate incidents?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:27AM

Looking at the satellite overhead I'm not seeing how that could happen without the BMW cutting it too close making the left, unless the BMW had the green and the Chevy ran the red. Sorry someone died though, that is sad.

It does sound like descriptions of different events in this thread.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 09:28AM by justsayin.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:28AM

Yikes, why would you assume the driver was doing 90 on Henderson? That's a pretty dumb assumption since it would be nearly impossible to reach 90 on that road with all the twist and turns, maybe on a sport bike when you cross the bridge on the way to Fountain Head but definitely not anywhere near the intersection of 123 and Henderson.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:48AM

I drive on Henderson all the time. Even 40 mph is too fast with all the twists, turns and hills.

Date: February 10, 2011 10:24AM

The post said the crash was at Henderson and Ox, not necessarily on Henderson. In fact if you look at the satellite view the only way to really end up in a front yard there is going south on Ox.

Date: February 10, 2011 10:25AM

Well, part of the car might have wound up on Henderson.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 03:36PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I drive on Henderson all the time. Even 40 mph is
> too fast with all the twists, turns and hills.

It's more fun at 40. ;-)

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: February 10, 2011 04:58PM

Crazy! I drive through here a LOT.

Posted by: LLL ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:00PM

Both cars were on Ox, going opposite directions. The BMW was taking a left onto Henderson off of Ox and the Chevy was coming from the opposite direction at 90 mph.

Posted by: You're the Douche ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:32PM

You're the douche! The guy was going 90mph down a back road... she NEVER HAD A CHANCE against him! It was HIS fault and he only walked away with MINOR injuries! PAY ATTENTION! I hope her family doesn't see this!! She was a PILLAR in the Government Contracting community who was key in instituting regulations that helped protect "your" tax payer dollars! She will truly be missed and how horrible that she had to die because of SOMEONE ELSE'S STUPIDITY!!!!!

Posted by: lkhk ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:32PM

so wait... who was roasted? the bmw driver? you're telling me the guy doing 90 lived?

Chevrolet - 1
BMW - 0

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:43PM

You're the Douche Wrote:
> You're the douche! The guy was going 90mph down a
> back road...

Ox Road/Rt 123 in that area is far from a 'back road'. It's a divided highway with two lanes in each direction and lengthy turn lanes at the intersection. I believe the posted speed limit is 55 mph.

It sucks the lady died, but she was stupid for pulling out in front of him. Most accidents take two idiots, not all, but most.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: February 10, 2011 05:51PM

typical "ME FIRST ME FIRST ME FIRST" bmw driver mentality. She was probably out stocking up on milk, eggs and TP for the big snow storm last night and had to rush home before she had to abandon her car in the middle of 123..

Posted by: Alex 78946 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:05PM

I saw this crash not long after it took place. I saw a red BMW that was in the grass turned facing north but directly to the right coming out of Henderson Road . There was another vehicle further up the street that was on fire. It was not a small fire. There was glass everywhere in the intersection (I was coming out of Henderson). This accident was to the right of Henderson but not far, so my guess is that it happened in the intersection. I don't understand which vehicle had the fatality as the BMW was in fairly "okay" condition and the other vehicle was in flames. It's very sad -- I was sad to hear that there was a fatality...

Date: February 10, 2011 07:09PM

You're the Douche Wrote:
> You're the douche! The guy was going 90mph down a
> back road... she NEVER HAD A CHANCE against him!
> It was HIS fault

I understand losing someone at the fault of another, I really do. But this case appears to be two violations that combined to make a tragic loss of life... her failing to yield right of way and his speeding.

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Price ()
Date: February 10, 2011 07:49PM

> .. A 27-year-old man was driving southbound on Ox Road in a 2000
> Chevrolet. Sharon Parrish, 57, was driving
> northbound on Ox Road in a 2000 BMW. Parish
> attempted to turn left onto Henderson Road when
> she was struck by the Chevrolet. Sharon Parish, of
> 7998 Blooms Road, was dead at the scene. The
> 27-year-old driver was transported to a local
> hospital with minor injuries.

From this description, the lady failed to yield to upcoming traffic, probably misjudging how close the Chevy was. While it's a possibility the Chevy driver was speeding @ 90MPH, it's very unlikely as it was snowing that evening.

Posted by: dfgdf ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:16PM

Alex 78946 Wrote:
> I saw this crash not long after it took place. I
> saw a red BMW that was in the grass turned facing
> north but directly to the right coming out of
> Henderson Road . There was another vehicle
> further up the street that was on fire. It was not
> a small fire. There was glass everywhere in the
> intersection (I was coming out of Henderson).
> This accident was to the right of Henderson but
> not far, so my guess is that it happened in the
> intersection. I don't understand which vehicle
> had the fatality as the BMW was in fairly "okay"
> condition and the other vehicle was in flames.
> It's very sad -- I was sad to hear that there was
> a fatality...

maybe you mistook the chevrolet for the bmw? according to the article below the bmw was the one that caught fire, entrapping the victim who died.

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/feb/10/manassas-woman-killed-fiery-fairfax-crash-ar-833755/

Date: February 10, 2011 08:43PM

dfgdf Wrote:
> http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/feb/10/manass
> as-woman-killed-fiery-fairfax-crash-ar-833755/

Couldn't help but notice how in the comments people call for Chevy's driver head, completely ignoring that the woman was most likely at fault.

Posted by: Wdttw ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:50PM

Price Wrote:
> dfgdf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
>
> > as-woman-killed-fiery-fairfax-crash-ar-833755/
>
> Couldn't help but notice how in the comments
> people call for Chevy's driver head, completely
> ignoring that the woman was most likely at fault.

Hmm, it was dark so the Chevy probably had its headlights on. It's more difficult to judge speed when looking into bright headlights. She probably figured she had time, and she probably would have if the Chevy driver hadn't been doing 90 mph. I'd like to join your "Hate the victim" group, but I can only find fault in the driver doing almost twice the speed limit...

Date: February 10, 2011 08:55PM

Speeding or not, making a left when you don't have a clear path is like crossing a street and misjudging how you should have beaten that oncoming car. The best opportunity for prevention of collision rested with the BMW, as it had to take an action to move into the path of another vehicle.

No one hates the victim. Just because you disagree about who is at fault doesn't mean the other side wishes harm on anyone. It is immature and disgusting to accuse another of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 08:56PM by justsayin.

Posted by: GooglePlex ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:01PM

Probably need to step back from this thread and take a deep breath. There was a fataility involved here. That means a loss of human life. Not sure how or why the truck driver was traveling at 90 miles per hour. The police will sort out the details.

This death has deeply touched thousands of people today. Please be respectful.

Posted by: Disgusted... ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:06PM

The driver doing twice the speed limit survived and walked away, while the person who was taking the left was killed. The problem I have is that I knew this person and what she meant not to me, but to our country. She was actually on her way home from work, after 12+ hours...a faithful govt employee who dedicated her LIFE to the mission of protecting us. I guess my problem with the placing the blame on one end or the other lies in the fact the the American people actually lost a faithful, and dilligent civil servant. If more feds were like her, we wouldn't have alot of the problems we have today. Thank you for your dedication to our country Sharon!

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:08PM

Wdttw Wrote:
> Price Wrote:
> -----
> > dfgdf Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> as-woman-killed-fiery-fairfax-crash-ar-833755/
> >
> > Couldn't help but notice how in the comments
> > people call for Chevy's driver head, completely
> > ignoring that the woman was most likely at
> fault.
>
> Hmm, it was dark so the Chevy probably had its
> headlights on. It's more difficult to judge speed
> when looking into bright headlights. She probably
> figured she had time, and she probably would have
> if the Chevy driver hadn't been doing 90 mph. I'd
> like to join your "Hate the victim" group, but I
> can only find fault in the driver doing almost
> twice the speed limit...

+1 agree with you. Know one should drive twice the speed limit for any reason. I heard this on the scanner...

Posted by: Wow.... ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:09PM

you have issues...wow...

Date: February 10, 2011 09:09PM

Nobody is being disrespectful (or hateful, or whatever - geez...). However, i don't see why we can't discuss the crash itself - it's not like we walked into a wake, pointed at the coffin and started yelling "it's your fault!"

Posted by: wow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:35PM

charges pending on the driver who was doing 90 mph per fairfax county police, drive who was killed as not at fault.

Posted by: Sadly posting ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:45PM

Sharon was a true patriot. We, as Americans have lost one of the best. Our prayers go out to her family during this terrible time.

Posted by: Lost a friend ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:23PM

It does not matter what anyone here says about who was at fault. The Fairfax County Police investigation will determine this.

I knew Sharon very well, and worked for her. I sought her counsel on many occasions, and she always had time for me. She was an exceptional person and an exceptional Senior Executive.

Date: February 10, 2011 11:08PM

Keep us informed, and don't forget to post the results of the investigation. Although somehow I doubt it will happen...

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: February 11, 2011 12:36AM

To those who knew her, Sharon was an amazing person. We have lost a true patriot, friend, and mentor. Her amazing devotion was an inspiration to all of us.

To "Price": people talking about who was "roasted" and calling her a "ME FIRST ME FIRST ME FIRST bmw driver" is plain old offensive. Shame on you for sticking up for that kind of talk. You all didn't know her, but she was a special person. Be mindful that people are reading these posts trying to find out what happened to their friend in her last moments. We are seeking closure, though I don't think it will ever be found.

Posted by: afriend ()
Date: February 11, 2011 08:01AM

she iz a great friend u guyz are so insensitive. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. so WHAT if she was tired U have tired friends too sometimes. This blog is crap!!!! y do u think that is funny hell with u if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:03AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> I drive on Henderson all the time. Even 40 mph is
> too fast with all the twists, turns and hills.

Not to mention deer. Have hit two in my time on Hampton and Henderson.

Posted by: true friend ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:05PM

So why hasn't the name of the murderer been released? I know that is a tough word but you know this person has a history of speeding...I really doubt he just was speeding this one time.

Posted by: realism ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:36PM

this nice lady made a mistake and drove into the path of an oncoming vehicle. technically it was suicide, so if you are a friend you already have her name

and i bet you speed too, I am sorry your friend misjudged the intersection when she placed her car in the path of another

Posted by: amazed ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:26PM

Yes, I am amazed. Amazed that some are putting this on the BMW driver's shoulders. Turning left onto Henderson there is a "Left Turn Yield on Green" sign. Granted, you have to yield however, if you have driven that route often, as I am sure she has, you would easily be able to judge the time you have with an oncoming vehicle traveling at the speed limit...not nearly double that speed. I also doubt anyone entering comments was there and knows with certainty light configuration at the moment of this tragic incident. However, 90+ in a 55 is without question reckless speeding, and that driver should be held accountable.

Date: February 11, 2011 02:44PM

I'm curious, how 90MPH was determined?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 03:06PM by Price.

Date: February 11, 2011 04:02PM

Physics 101 my friend...as applied by the Law Enforcement professionals on the scene.

Date: February 11, 2011 04:49PM

Price Wrote:
> I'm curious, how 90MPH was determined?

This is normally done by (tire) skid marks.

Date: February 11, 2011 06:56PM

More Complete Wrote:
> Price Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm curious, how 90MPH was determined?
>
> This is normally done by (tire) skid marks.

On a wet road (remember, it was snowing/raining that night)? Plus, with abs in almost every car, you hardly lock tires when braking.

Posted by: Kathy ()
Date: February 11, 2011 07:27PM

This was my aunt--she was a humble person and a good driver and a blessing to all who knew her. The policeman who talked to my uncle said there was no way she was at fault. Those of you who said such horrible things about her death are very sick, idiotic individuals.

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: February 11, 2011 07:30PM

To the man who talked about the fact that she was "roasted"--you are one of those people whom people know is stupid but are assured of that when you open your mouth. You are sick!

Posted by: not a jerk! ()
Date: February 11, 2011 08:05PM

Jerk!

Re: Your aunt so loved you
Posted by: A true friend ()
Date: February 11, 2011 09:18PM

"This was my aunt--she was a humble person and a good driver and a blessing to all who knew her. The policeman who talked to my uncle said there was no way she was at fault. Those of you who said such horrible things about her death are very sick, idiotic individuals."
I knew your aunt well and you were so special to her...she will be greatly missed.

Posted by: A believer ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:14PM

As so many have posted, the lady you speak of, Sharon, was not just another person but a great individual who touched everyone she came in contact with. The world has lost a great, kind, giving soul who could never be replaced. She gave much more than she received and the impact of her death will be felt every day in little and big ways to those who knew her. I have never posted a blog in my life but felt I should interject here.

Talking about the accident isn't an issue and as mentioned earlier details of what happened could help bring closure to some people but calling people names and blaming, and talking of roasting or how BMW people drive is really innapropriate and out of respect for the folks who are hurting and their are many of us pls. refrain from further postings.

We will miss and love Sharon as she impacted the lives of so many. Peace be with you Sharon!

Posted by: KnotinmyGut ()
Date: February 12, 2011 07:42AM

You should get your facts straight before you make ASSumptions! Sharon was working until a little past 8 p.m. when she left work. NOT doing the Me First you claim....She was an amazing and dedicated servant of the people who always thought of others above herself. She died tragically at the hands of some idiot that doesn't know how to drive on winding roads in inclement weather. It doesn't matter if he was going 40 or 90....he should have paid more attention to the fact that there are more people on the road than just him. Sharon was a legend in the government arena and will be truly missed.

Posted by: We loved your aunt ()
Date: February 12, 2011 07:47AM

Kathy....So sorry to hear of your family's loss...Sharon was part of our family too and she will be deeply missed. She loved you and spoke of you often! You (and we) were truly BLESSED to have known her,if even for a little while. Please know you, your uncle Carl and family will be in our thoughts and prayers always.

Posted by: friendlydriver ()
Date: February 12, 2011 11:21AM

KnotinmyGut Wrote:
> It
> doesn't matter if he was going 40 or 90....he
> should have paid more attention to the fact that
> there are more people on the road than just him.

agreed with above i personally today will be driving 25 down ox road in case someone swerves in front of me at a left-hand turn when i have right-of-way. if it will save evn one life it isn't worth going the speed limit when people feel free to race you to the end of the turn. i dont want to participate in those races and will let those who want to turn in front of me do so

Date: February 12, 2011 03:40PM

This should provide a little insight the life of the BMW driver. Not going to debate right of way or right/wrong. Her loss cannot be overstated.

Sharon Rebecca Parish, 57, of Spotsylvania and Manassas, Va., passed away on Wednesday, February 9, 2011. She was taken instantly in a car accident while driving from work to her Manassas home.

Sharon was born on April 24, 1953, in Marlinton, W.Va., the daughter of the late Lloyd Joseph and Audrey Rose Woods. She is survived by her devoted husband of 35 years, Carleton Richard Parish; her brother, Charles Woods, and his wife, Vicki, of Slatyfork, W.Va.; her sister, Sandra Katrina Woods Beverage and her husband, Bobby, of Spotsylvania, Va.; a niece, Kathy Sheppard and her husband, David, and their two children, Annie and Elizabeth of Orange, Va.; a niece, Penny Stacey and her husband, Bron, of Spotsylvania, Va.; and two nephews, Danny and Kenny Woods of Slatyfork, W.Va. She also is survived by her and Carl’s beloved Jack Russell Terrier, Lucky.

Sharon began her career with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in 1971 as a GS4 secretary and worked her way up through the ranks to a Senior Intelligence level-3 position during her years with the federal government. She was recently promoted to the position of deputy director of acquisitions for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). She would have celebrated her fortieth anniversary with the federal government on September 11, 2011.

Sharon received her associate’s degree from Northern Virginia Community College, her bachelor’s degree from George Mason University and her master’s of business administration from Strayer University. Sharon, a member of the National Contract Management Association, negotiated many important contracts including the contract that set up In-Q-Tel, a nonprofit corporation created to support the mission of the CIA. In 2005, she was named an Outstanding Woman of NGA, and, in 2008, she was recognized by the director of national intelligence with a National Intelligence Career Achievement Medal.

In addition to her many contributions to the federal government, Sharon contributed her time and energy to a number of causes, including breast cancer awareness, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the Arbor Day Foundation. She was a talented seamstress and has donated numerous homemade chemotherapy hats to cancer patients.

Sharon was loved by all those who knew her and all those who encountered her. She will be dearly missed by her family and friends as well as associates in the intelligence community, and has left a void in all the various circles of which she was a crucial part.

Date: February 12, 2011 09:06PM

57? Damn...only 2 weeks away from retirement.

Posted by: wow ()
Date: February 12, 2011 09:15PM

Alot of people are bashing her for simply driving a BMW. How about it was a car accident and leave it at that. People and their sour grapes, bashing the poor lady for just having a decent car.

Posted by: Manslaughter ()
Date: February 12, 2011 09:16PM

sounds like chevey driver guilty of vehicular manslaughter

Posted by: rtg ()
Date: February 12, 2011 11:05PM

Repubes should be happy...1 less government worker.

Posted by: journey ()
Date: February 13, 2011 06:29AM

I've been reading these blogs for as many days as i've had sleepless nigts. Emotions went from anger with early blogs to comfort later when Sharon's loved ones and legacy started to weigh in. Sharon's journey didn't start in WVA and end on Rt 123. Her journey started in WVA and will continue on for more than a lifetime through those who learned from her, those who loved her. Our journey continues and Sharon would likely say it is up to us to make the most of it and find the 'goodness'. She would probably say the same for the other car driver. That his journey is going to be a difficult one and that this is his opportunity to find goodness in this tragety. She would probalby say the same for those hurtful bloggers. I know, however, that she would say to us all that we need to continue with our journey and look for the goodness along our way. Rest in Peace my dear friend.

Date: February 13, 2011 10:39AM

journey Wrote:
> I've been reading these blogs for as many days as
> i've had sleepless nigts. Emotions went from anger
> with early blogs to comfort later when Sharon's
> loved ones and legacy started to weigh in.
> Sharon's journey didn't start in WVA and end on Rt
> 123. Her journey started in WVA and will continue
> on for more than a lifetime through those who
> learned from her, those who loved her. Our journey
> continues and Sharon would likely say it is up to
> us to make the most of it and find the 'goodness'.
> She would probably say the same for the other car
> driver. That his journey is going to be a
> difficult one and that this is his opportunity to
> find goodness in this tragety. She would probalby
> say the same for those hurtful bloggers. I know,
> however, that she would say to us all that we need
> to continue with our journey and look for the
> goodness along our way. Rest in Peace my dear
> friend.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Date: February 13, 2011 06:55PM

Anyone have a link to these blogs these posters are talking about? I admit I'm not actively looking for them so that's why I haven't come across them. Maybe it is better not to post links to them as they may be hurtful to friends and family, but were these things you had to hunt for? Just stop hunting for blogs if you find them hurtful I guess, I don't know what else the answer could be.

Posted by: clifton ()
Date: February 13, 2011 10:07PM

rtg Wrote:
> Repubes should be happy...1 less government
> worker.

One less crazy driver cutting through our community too!

I look out my window and watch those fuckers speeding through here every day. The funny part is many of them drive high dollar cars. Can you imagine driving a Benz or Lexus when you live in ghetto Prince William County? It's just a farce to drive a car that's worth more than your house!

Posted by: Betty ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:56AM

This is to Kathy.. I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. She was a very special and beautiful person. I am friends with your Uncle from the train. Your Aunt was very kind to me when I broke my neck. Your Aunt and Uncle love you so much. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Stop Speeding ()
Date: February 14, 2011 10:17AM

I live in Fairfax Station and cannot stand the drivers who cut over and speed. The drivers who speed and talk on a cellphone on a two way road are the worst. It is insane. I have called the police and they are going to set up speed traps since this last accident.

Shut up and pay attention.

Posted by: wthUh ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:07AM

clifton Wrote:
> One less crazy driver cutting through our
> community too!
>
> I look out my window and watch those fuckers
> speeding through here every day. The funny part
> is many of them drive high dollar cars. Can you
> imagine driving a Benz or Lexus when you live in
> ghetto Prince William County? It's just a farce
> to drive a car that's worth more than your house!

Perhaps you should call your representative and ask them to allow construction of a proper through street between central Fairfax and central Prince William counties. Then people living in Brentsville and such wouldn't have to take Henderson to get home. It's ridiculous that the only crossings over the Occoquan/Bull Run are the 95 Corridor (123/95/Route 1), Yates Ford/Henderson, 28 Corridor, and 66 Corridor.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:37AM

Stop Speeding Wrote:
> I live in Fairfax Station and cannot stand the
> drivers who cut over and speed. The drivers who
> speed and talk on a cellphone on a two way road
> are the worst. It is insane. I have called the
> police and they are going to set up speed traps
> since this last accident.
>
> Shut up and pay attention.

And they have! Every night since this happened, I have seen 123 with increased presence/speed monitoring. That, and cars pulled over!

Posted by: Clifton roads too ()
Date: February 14, 2011 01:20PM

I have never seen so many cars pulled over on Henderson before. Thank you Fairfax Co. Police! I am happy since it now safer to drive in my community. Those that cut through to go to work are so rude. Get off your phone and learn how to drive!

Posted by: wuh huh? ()
Date: February 14, 2011 01:28PM

People are applauding the police for pulling over people for what the victim was doing, cutting through on Henderson from 123? Sick!!! Insensitive!! This was entirely the Ox Road driver's fault!!!! Stop pulling over the cut-through people and start pulling over the Ox Road drivers!!!

Posted by: alsoforgot ()
Date: February 14, 2011 01:52PM

You forgot stop making turns in front of oncoming cars. proper speed may or may not have prevented this accident, but not making the turn into the path of another vehicle most certainly would have

safe driving is EVERYONE's responsibility

Posted by: Question? ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:18PM

It was posted that the driver that lived was going 90mph. How do they know that?

Date: February 14, 2011 04:54PM

Question? Accident investigators can determine that using physical evidence like pre- and post-crash skid marks, witness statements, etc. They also have modeling software that can assist them in that investigation.

For all those who are minimizing the excessive speed as the cause, you need to remember that at 55 mph, you are traveling 80 ft/sec, but at 90 mph you are flying at 132 ft/sec. That means in a meer 5 seconds, you have travelled almost 700 feet as opposed to the 400 you would go in those same 5 seconds at 55 mph.

Who would think that the length of a football field would NOT be a safe enough distance to make a left turn? It certainly should have been.

Posted by: Agent ()
Date: February 14, 2011 07:42PM

I hope the cops set up speed traps on both 123 and Henderson. I live in Fairfax Station and have to deal with the Prince William cut through traffic and their speeding. If they want to get home quicker, they should move closer to their jobs.

Posted by: To agent ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:03PM

+1

Posted by: Thanks to the men in blue ()
Date: February 15, 2011 06:28AM

The police were out again last night giving out tickets near Fairfax Station and Clifton. Great job! Let's keep our community safe from commuters.

Date: February 15, 2011 09:54AM

Thanks to the men in blue Wrote:
> The police were out again last night giving out
> tickets near Fairfax Station and Clifton. Great
> job! Let's keep our community safe from commuters.

You probably not aware, but VDOT soon will begin widening few roads connecting 123 with I-95 @ Lorton exit, so expect even more out-of-county commuter traffic on 123. Oh, and it will be paid by you and other FFX county taxpayers - thanks to all who voted 'Yes' for bonds...

Posted by: mb ()
Date: February 15, 2011 10:00AM

Wow, they're even setting up radar on Maple Branch Rd! Commuters have beaten our little road to shit, passing school buses picking up our kids, as they race to get to their dreary jobs

I'd love to see the looks on those ghetto motherfuckers' faces when the cops wave 'em over.

Posted by: Sdebruijn ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:45PM

How do you know that she failed to yield the right of way? How do you know that she didn't have a green arrow and the other driver ran the red light? Why do you assume she is at fault? I happen to know her - she was a very safe, courteous and careful driver. And to those who want to find her at fault simply because she drove a BMW? She worked very hard to be at a place where she could afford a BMW - she was one of the most generous and giving people that I know. Who are you to judge her when you have no idea who she was?

Posted by: adriver ()
Date: February 15, 2011 01:04PM

I am sure she was a very nice person, discussing the accident does not take away from that and her loss was tragic. We can only discuss the facts the police have publicly released... one would think that if the speed of the vehicle in the lane the BMW entered was released then the status of the light may be too.

I do know one thing, if I'm at a light and I see someone approaching too fast I make sure I'm not in the way whether or not my light is green. But that is me and my opinion, and I don't judge anyone for having a different understanding of physics than I do.

Speculating on what drivers in an incident may or may not have done, or could have or could not have done, is an academic discussion to derive lessons learned in order to avoid future incidents.

Discussion of the accident does not equal personal "judgment" of what kind of person the driver was. Your accusing us of that has YOU judging US, which is unfair and I feel you owe us an apology though I don't expect one.

Date: February 15, 2011 01:45PM

I'd like to address the judgment issue head-on if I may.

Who are we to judge her? We are alive and able to judge and she is dead, therefore unable to defend herself. Simple enough for ya? Welcome to the internet.

Posted by: Blessed ()
Date: February 15, 2011 04:05PM

you people are mean.. and need to shut up

Date: February 15, 2011 04:11PM

Blessed Wrote:
> you people are mean.. and need to shut up

no YOU shut up!

Posted by: whitey1 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 07:00PM

You people that are commenting that the person that died at the rt 123 and henderson crash are not only idiots, but downright losers. you dint know her, I did and if she were alive, she would say, "dont let people like that bother you, just move on". unfortunately for all of us, she cant say that now because the idiot crazy driver in the OTHER car took her life. You all need to learn that posting crap like this is not only hurtful but a reflection of who you are so think about that for awhile (then most assuredly you will fire back with a smart a$$ comment, showing just the classless persons you are)

Date: February 15, 2011 08:33PM

amazed Wrote:
> For all those who are minimizing the excessive
> speed as the cause, you need to remember that at
> 55 mph, you are traveling 80 ft/sec, but at 90 mph
> you are flying at 132 ft/sec. That means in a
> meer 5 seconds, you have travelled almost 700 feet
> as opposed to the 400 you would go in those same 5
> seconds at 55 mph.
>
> Who would think that the length of a football
> field would NOT be a safe enough distance to make
> a left turn? It certainly should have been.

So your technique to make left turn is to stop, assess the oncoming traffic, close eyes and start counting "one mississipi, two... five mississipi, and then execute left turn no matter what's in front of you? Please explain your rhetoric and mega calculation around the time span of 5 seconds.

Posted by: final word ()
Date: February 15, 2011 08:54PM

this thread would easily be put to rest if everybody would just acknowledge that 1)the accident could have been avoided if the bmw driver exercised appropriate caution when making the turn (i.e., judging the speed of the oncoming car, not just the distance), and 2)that the previous point goes without saying, so that saying it can reasonably be expected to rouse the emotions of those with a connection to the victim, or those less given to rational objective consideration of fault in the context of tragedy. lets concede these points and move on.

Posted by: To final word ()
Date: February 15, 2011 09:12PM

You do NOT have the final word. The women who was killed may have had a green light. We are not to judge. How come we do not know more about the other driver?

Speeding and being a dumb are so common in Nova. We need to do better.

May god (whoever that may be to you) rest her soul.

PS karma is a bitch.

Posted by: 7WDpG ()
Date: February 15, 2011 09:18PM

That is why I feel much better making all rights to get home. If I make a left from a major rd, I wait for a green light and also wait for the cars to stop first. So that is to bad. I could have been prevented though.

Posted by: Naitive Son ()
Date: February 15, 2011 10:50PM

My condolances to the family of the deceased.

Please don't end this thread. I love hearing the "locals" opine about accidents. The best of this series was to hear about how people that moved to the stamped out developments in the Burke/Clifton/Fairfax Station/Lorton areas now consider themselves communities and we are all supposed to respect their streets and avoid them. Kind of like moving next to an airport and then complaining about the noise. News Flash: Not your F***ing street. Belongs to Fairfux County and State of Virginia.
I am a third generation Fairfux County resident. If you are not native, Shut the F*** up and GO THE HELL HOME. Don't need your crap, don't need you. I pray none of you has produced off spring. If you have, send them the hell home.
You have no street, no county no state. You are a visitor. Show some manners and shut the F*** up.

As we used to say when I was younger, Welcome to Northern Virginia. Now go home.

Date: February 16, 2011 07:03AM

I'm still shocked that the residents there feel this woman's tragic accident was something "deserved" because she used the road to get home. The people on this site aren't the monsters, those residents are.

Posted by: Women's death ()
Date: February 16, 2011 07:08AM

I know we do not have all the facts yet but why do we have no info on the driver that lived? Is he in the hospital or in jail? Do we know his name? If he was speeding he is at fault and not the poor women who died.

Date: February 16, 2011 07:32AM

Naitive Son Wrote:
> My condolances to the family of the deceased.
>
> Please don't end this thread. I love hearing the
> "locals" opine about accidents. The best of this
> series was to hear about how people that moved to
> the stamped out developments in the
> Burke/Clifton/Fairfax Station/Lorton areas now
> consider themselves communities and we are all
> supposed to respect their streets and avoid them.
> Kind of like moving next to an airport and then
> complaining about the noise. News Flash: Not
> your F***ing street. Belongs to Fairfux County
> and State of Virginia.
> I am a third generation Fairfux County resident.
> If you are not native, Shut the F*** up and GO THE
> HELL HOME. Don't need your crap, don't need you.
> I pray none of you has produced off spring. If
> you have, send them the hell home.
> You have no street, no county no state. You are a
> visitor. Show some manners and shut the F*** up.
>
> As we used to say when I was younger, Welcome to
> Northern Virginia. Now go home.

Chingachgook, is that you??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 07:34AM by Price.

Date: February 16, 2011 08:30AM

Women's death Wrote:
> I know we do not have all the facts yet but why do
> we have no info on the driver that lived? Is he in
> the hospital or in jail? Do we know his name? If
> he was speeding he is at fault and not the poor
> women who died.

Probably for his protection from the howling mob you'd be in.

Posted by: KhanArt ()
Date: February 16, 2011 10:07AM

A lot of mean heartless people on here. It's sad that the lady had to loose her life.

The lady should have been more careful when taking her left turn.
The man shouldn't have been speeding.

I think they both had a part in the accident.

and I'm one of those effer's that cut through your roads to get home in PWC, haven't been ticketed yet :-)

Date: February 16, 2011 10:26AM

7WDpG Wrote:
> That is why I feel much better making all rights
> to get home. If I make a left from a major rd, I
> wait for a green light and also wait for the cars
> to stop first.

OCD much?

Posted by: Thanks again! ()
Date: February 16, 2011 07:29PM

The police were again out in full force in Clifton! Thanks again for making our streets safe. Stay in your lane, slow down and you should be ok.

Posted by: localdriver ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:18PM

Posted by: ffxWorkerbee ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:20PM

What seems to be missing is much of the data release common to an accident or fatality such as this. It serves no good to clamp down on public release in cases such as this. It generates speculation on various factors that may not be at play.

For example, if the deceased was driving home after 8pm, her impact on local roads was minimal as far as cutting through. There are no buses at night and rarely are there commuter lines trailing around at that time, so any issue of cutting through is moot.

Regarding Maple Branch, the road was in decent shape until last winters blizzard. After the thaw potholes and such cropped up. The filler trucks came through and did temp fixes. The culprit is has more to do with weather than use. Besides, those speed bumps are a nightmare for most small vehicles.

The victim was a career CIA worker and a respected community member who had been involved in many worthy causes. The unnamed driver of the opposing vehicle is the mystery here. Why so mum on who HE is?

And to add one thing somewhat unrelated, I work in ffx as my nick implies. I also do the cut through route. The difference in my case is I do not text or speed. I drive. I live in PWC and on a road I would be upset to have others racing down, so give that same respect to others. On that thought, I also do not mind vehicles passing my home, so long as its just sane travel.

Also, I work overnight, so i just drive the speed limit and respect that people live off those roads.

Posted by: The driver of the truck ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:34PM

I think the driver from the truck is saying he was the passenger and not the driver.

I too wonder why they have not released his name. Maybe some higher up gov't workers son?

Posted by: Time to take REVENGE ()
Date: February 16, 2011 08:59PM

Just remember that we told you to be nice and you didn't. You should have known that we have the ability to pay a visit and now we will.

1) Gonads and Strife (thank you for linking your profile - see you soon)
2) Price (thank you for linking your profile - see you soon)
3) Clifton - please post some identifier, we really want to say hi.

Date: February 16, 2011 10:20PM

Please allow this thread die. We are doing a disservice and the deceased and this is the last thing she would have wanted. Those who knew Sharon can move to other forums for discussion. Those who did not know her will never understand our vantage point.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:50AM

Really? I agree with GooglePlex. We buried her today. Let us remember Sharon as our kind and caring friend.
Peace unto all.

Date: February 17, 2011 07:52AM

ffxWorkerbee Wrote:
> I work in
> ffx as my nick implies. I also do the cut through
> route. The difference in my case is I do not text
> or speed. I drive. I live in PWC and on a road I
> would be upset to have others racing down, so give
> that same respect to others. On that thought, I
> also do not mind vehicles passing my home, so long
> as its just sane travel.
>
> Also, I work overnight, so i just drive the speed
> limit and respect that people live off those
> roads.

I want to publicly commend you for being such a fine, upstanding citizen. If only the rest of us could behave this way! In case we ever meet in person, I'll be carrying a wrapped cookie with me from now on so I can give it to you. It may be a little stale/moldy when you get it but I feel you deserve it. There is no amount of public praise that can be sprayed all over you. I know you weren't looking for any kudos or credit with your posting on an Internet forum, but I thought I should step up and give it to you. Bravo, you! You go, you!

Posted by: this forum should be ()
Date: February 17, 2011 09:12AM

about the crash itself. I am sorry for the person who died but this is not the place to mourn the dead.

Does anyone know why the other drivers name has not been released? Maybe a cop can shed from light on this?

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.