HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS->WTW/Frost/OV parents "HIJACKERS"?!
Posted by: PO'd Parent ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:50AM

Are you kidding me?
Tessie trashes WTW in person, Bradsher does it in email?! Why is Bradsher touching WTW? Wasn't quite sure about what they said happened in Clifton - now, they start in on WTW? These people are destroying us.

Hope BOS SUP John Cook adds this to what happened last week. Can the Supvs take over School Board? [not kidding]
Attachments:
FCPS Woodson Frost Oakview Hijacker parents.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS->WTW/Frost/OV parents "HIJACKERS"?!
Posted by: jerk ()
Date: October 19, 2010 06:13AM

YOu clearly set her up. Who is really right here?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:21AM

Oh man, this reminds me of why my parents stayed out of the PTA after elementary school lol. It was one giant clique, and the people in charge stayed at their positions for at least 12 years (While their kids went through the system, and if they had multiple kids in different grades, they stayed in longer). Some PTA's are really good, but some of them are just popularity contests.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:35AM

I'm not on any boards or committees, but I am a member of Woodson's PTO because my son goes there.

To be honest, most of the PTO and PTA leadership/boards/committee leaders really give a damn and work really hard. Could Bradsheer and Tessie be whining because the parents who work on behalf of their schools really know what it going on, and Bradsheer and Tessie can't pull the wool over their eyes?

Posted by: i 1 2 ½ 6 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:07AM

they're just sexually frustrated is all. it will blow over...eventually

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:22AM

The only thing worse than an uninvolved parent is an involved parent because committees just dumb down the system

Posted by: Pitso ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:47AM

The gall of Woodson, Frost, and Oak View parents! Their attempts to be involved in the redistricting plans that affect their neighborhoods and schools is unwelcome at best, and threatening to the FCPS agenda.

Tessie Wilson hates Woodson High School parents, particularly the Mantua group. She contuinues to hold a grudge from when the parents succeeded in getting their reonovation priorities done despite her opposition. Tessie was the one who repeatedly described Gatehouse II as a "done deal" during the budget hearings, and blamed the "activist" parents when the BoS finally told the School Board to kill it.

Tessie Wilson's latest initiative is to build a bus depot in the front yard of Woodson HS and is not happy that these parents are again trying to stop her. She is running point for Dean Tisdadt on why FCPS should give away land to Fairfax City.

The only bright hope on Tessie's horizon is that she is retiring from the school board next year and will not have to "deal with" these parents after that.

Wilson and Bradsher make quite a team... They both have the attitude that the school system would run a lot smoother if the community would just shut up and listen.

But back to the issue at hand... If the school board wants their redistricting plan to succeed, they must find a way to sideline the PTAs/PTSOs and other community representatives. The WTW/Frost/OV group is particularly threatening because they have the experience to know how to use the system against Wilson and Bradsher.

Date: October 19, 2010 08:57AM

Wilson should target the children of these troublemakers until they learn to STFU

Posted by: NOT jerk ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:10AM

>Posted by: jerk ()
>Date: October 19, 2010 06:13AM

>YOu clearly set her up. Who is really right here?

So, exactly how does someone set up Denise James and Liz Bradsher in advance to be nasty about parents - this time about WTW/F/OV parents - in email to each other?

All this shows is the two-faced ugliness in FCPS - both staff and school board are disdain parents. Gibson said they knew best for kids at sb mtg - Wilson showed her true colors at WTW NPA mtg last week (we should have all just walked out!). How do we do a vote of "no confidence" in dale + sb?

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:34AM

What did Tessie say about WTW that has parents so upset?

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:47AM

And who is Denise James?

Posted by: FairTax ()
Date: October 19, 2010 05:06PM

Denise James is the FCPS Director of Facilities Planning Services.

Posted by: One up you ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:45PM

The worst worst worst thing I have seen in all my years in municipal government - wouldn't have believed unless I saw it.
Gross misconduct. This is so flagrant. Blatant and total violation of all stakeholders in FCPS.
Firing is called for - WTW/Frost/OV and CES communities should call for heads to roll. Balance of county - not just residents but county exec, county atty, commonwealth atty and bos as well.
Attachments:
Clipart Tistadt eating out of our hands.jpg

Posted by: \u-3 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:37PM

What does "\u-3" mean?

Posted by: NotSurprised ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:41PM

Mrs. K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not on any boards or committees, but I am a
> member of Woodson's PTO because my son goes there.
>
>
> To be honest, most of the PTO and PTA
> leadership/boards/committee leaders really give a
> damn and work really hard. Could Bradsheer and
> Tessie be whining because the parents who work on
> behalf of their schools really know what it going
> on, and Bradsheer and Tessie can't pull the wool
> over their eyes?

I am not sure why Woodson is even surprised by all of this. This isn’t the first time Tisdadt has prioritized the buses over everything else. He seems to really love his buses. They closed down Pimmit Hills High School and threw those kids to the wind so there would be a place for the buses.

“The school system’s chief operating officer Dean Tistadt would also like to open a fourth maintenance office at the Pimmit Hills location.â€

“Tistadt said Fairfax County Public Schools expects to lose 29 maintenance positions as a result of budget cuts next year and the new office would mean those maintenance men who remain would spent less time driving to schools and more time fixing problems.

At-large school board member Tina Hone said she was concerned that students who attend Pimmit Hills would have a difficult time reaching Bryant or Mountain View.â€

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/articleprint.asp?article=336271&paper=71&cat=104

Posted by: NoToLiz ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:51PM

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:37 AM
To: James, Denise
Subject: Re: attendance list
I agree and will call you. Boundaries bring about special interests and of course parochial interests. I was somewhat taken back at the # of PTA/PTO presidents there last night. My initial hope was such a volunteer would be a parent or citizen that was not a leader in the PTA, etc., rather a citizen interested in the issue and process who cared to
get involve.
The County Council, Ramona Morrow, is now involved and I think this is a conflict of interest to a certain extent. She was a Lake Braddock parent but is now the President of the County Council. I am not saying she might not be a good committee member it just seems to me to be a conflict.
Liz

What a load of crap!! Do you think that maybe Liz's reasoning for saying Ramona Morrow is a conflict is really because she is on the County Council or because Ramona Morrow RAN AGAINST LIZ BRADHSER IN HER 2007 ELECTION FOR SPRINGFIELD DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION!

Posted by: say ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:00PM

NotSurprised Wrote:
> I am not sure why Woodson is even surprised by all
> of this. This isn’t the first time Tisdadt has
> prioritized the buses over everything else. He
> seems to really love his buses...

Tistadt is Asst Superintendant for Facilities AND Transportation. (Transportation means buses), so it's his job to figure out whwer to park buses. There's 1500 of 'em and you have to park the fucking things somewhere.

In light of the budget, I'm surprised that it hasn't been proposed to just shut down general-ed student transportation altogether. That would save tens of millions of dollars, not to mention eliminating bus parking problems.

Lots of school districts around this Country do not provide bus transportation for gen-ed students, only for Special Ed students (Federally mandated). Let's join them! The savings would be immense.

Posted by: lur king ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:15PM

Say-
"In light of the budget, I'm surprised that it hasn't been proposed to just shut down general-ed student transportation altogether. That would save tens of millions of dollars, not to mention eliminating bus parking problems."

I'm guessing you dont have kids or you do have kids but dont have a job. Horrible idea to stop gen-ed student transpo. If you have kids in both elementary and middle schools, that would be a logistical nightmare in the mornings and afternoons for working parents.

Date: October 19, 2010 10:25PM

It is a computer code for an ASCII character. An apostophe I think...

Posted by: Calling Nell Hurley ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:58AM

this study is in question - this is totally unacceptable of study members - who does emily slough think she is?
nell hurley is very well respected and this just shows what the school bd thinks of parents and our community
Attachments:
Clipart bradsher from emily slough re annandale and nell hurley wtw ptso pres.jpg

Posted by: C'mon You Guys ()
Date: October 20, 2010 11:13AM

For those of us reading all this for entertainment, or in rage about the shocking remarks made by our guvvy people, could you identify the folks whose e-mails you post? Who is Emily Slough? Who is Nell Hurley? I figured out a bit who Ramona Morrow is.

How about a cast-of-characters post with a brief description and affiliation of the actors before the drama continues to unfold?

Posted by: KK ()
Date: October 20, 2010 12:28PM

I note that Paul Wardinski's name shows up. Not sure what his role is but he is absolutely the most butt kissing lackey in the vaunted FCPS Admin. He really is just a twerp.

He is also the brother-in-law of Paul Jantzen, who is another limp wristed twerp. Man, is it any wonder FCPS is such a pit?

Posted by: yupper ()
Date: October 20, 2010 12:44PM

As written, most of this thread makes no sense. Additionally, emails posted anonymously on FFXU have no merit and were likely doctored prior to being posted here.

Just sayin

Date: October 20, 2010 01:12PM

The email content came directly from FOIA requests and has not been doctored. Welcome to the reality of how our School Board and Staff interact. It is finally good for the rest of the public to see what really goes on and how decisions really are mad in FCPS.

Posted by: Speculator ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:25PM

FairTax Wrote:
> The email content came directly from FOIA requests
> and has not been doctored. Welcome to the reality
> of how our School Board and Staff interact. It is
> finally good for the rest of the public to see
> what really goes on and how decisions really are
> mad in FCPS.

Have these e-mails been collected and posted on a secure site? There seems to be a fair amount of uncertainty as to whether these are legit or a joke.

Posted by: saveces ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:31PM

actually, they have. There are 35 pages of FOIA'd emails at www.savecliftonelementary.org website.

http://www.savecliftonelementary.org/FOIA_emails_documentation.pdf

Date: October 20, 2010 03:43PM

Thank you. These e-mails, now verified, are totally disgusting.

I used to think Liz Bradsher was just incompetent. Now I'm satisfied that she's utterly vile and without a single redeeming quality as a person. This was all about currying favor with a group of West Springfield parents whom Liz thought would advance her now stone-cold-dead political career.

She seems to spend a lot of time at the beach. Let's make sure she stays there, and out of political office, next year.

Posted by: Thanks ()
Date: October 20, 2010 04:35PM

Thanks for putting that link up there. It makes Miss "Southern Wilow Living Liz" look like a total moron. Can we PLEASE get some intelligent people on the SB?? And Dean Tistadt----arrrrgh!

Posted by: say ()
Date: October 20, 2010 06:07PM

I think it's a joke. Think what you want about the SB and FCPS admin, but certainly they know this stuff can be obtained through FOIA.

So why would they send "incriminating" e-mails for you people to get all lathered up about? C'mon, there's other easy ways to communicate without leaving a trace.

Date: October 20, 2010 07:47PM

I guess I'd be worked up also if my "special" child was going to be in the 2nd grade for 2 or 3 years. I feel your pain. Run, Forrest,run

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: October 20, 2010 08:02PM

Who the hell is this Steve person? He should go back to school or at least get spell check.

He sure is advocating for his political career. What a friggin' NIMBY
----

To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Thu Jul 01 09:43:30 2010
Subject: RE: CIP Update: July School Board Action
Liz
If you wanted to argue that WSHS is in greater need of renovation than
Clifton ES and the schools should be switched in the CIP, I believe that
would be viable arguement andone that I would be supportive. It does not
require the closing of Clifton ES.
We obviously see this from a different perspective. I live in the Clifton
ES boundary area. I was a precinct captian in Clifton while not actually
voting there. I am a member of the Clifton Lions Club. I know this
community. I have fought for communities all across Fairfax County. Most
of the Clifton ES boundary area is not in the 37th Senate DIstrict. I also
work hard for children whether the live in Graham Road area or Clifton. To
state that I am advocating for my political future is counter to my track
record and an unfair assumption as to my motivations.
Steve

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: It's real for sure ()
Date: October 20, 2010 08:03PM

"I think it's a joke. Think what you want about the SB and FCPS admin, but certainly they know this stuff can be obtained through FOIA.

So why would they send "incriminating" e-mails for you people to get all lathered up about? C'mon, there's other easy ways to communicate without leaving a trace."

You think all of this occurs with phone calls??? I think it's totally believable. They never thought anyone would do an FOIA---yes, Liz Bradsher is that dumb. This is all real.

Date: October 20, 2010 08:10PM

Here is a good one.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 5:27 AM
To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Subject: RE: Checking in
Good Morning Liz,

I am so sorry to hear what's been happening! How they can be so hateful over what was a common sense decision by the Board, is incomprehensible. If anything, you led an effort that put more time and resources into looking at the situation than has ever been done in the past. The FCPS staff were not convinced it was cost effective to renovate Clifton, the majority of our committee of community members did not find it fiscally prudent to renovate Clifton, and even the speakers at the Public Hearing could only site (accurately) emotional reasons for not closing Clifton. After reviewing all the reports -- and there were a TON of them -- the vote by the Board was not even close.

Don't give up on your Board seat yet. FCPS needs common sense people, like you, who are looking out of the good of all the kids, not just those in their district. November 2011 is a long way off and many good things will happen between now and then. Clifton will get used to the idea, there will be less unknowns after the boundary study is done, and maybe everyone will look forward to the changes to come. I'm an eternal optimist!

Denise did contact me about the Annandale study and I said I'd be happy to help. I believe this process you all set up is good for FCPS and for the community. It takes a village, right? I also submitted my application to Kathy to serve on the FPAC -- that's how much I believe in the process.

Stay strong, my friend. This, too, shall pass. The wounds are still fresh for the Clifton folks, but in the long run I believe the Board's decision will be seen as the right one.
Cassie

Posted by: who is Cassie? ()
Date: October 20, 2010 08:45PM

Cassie works for FCPS. Of course she thinks Bradsher is wonderful.

These idiots all drink from the same punchbowl in the Gatehouse cafeteria.

I am so glad someone appointed this "member of the community" to the CIP committee. We need more narrow minded, self-serving FCPS staff members making decisions about our schools.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:06PM

Maybe they could just cut the bus service to the low income neighborhoods. The kids dont want to go to school anywhere, they are the ones that consume the most bus service, and they dont have any money to sue the FCPS over it. The FCPS would save loads of money.

Keep the bus service to the white neighborhoods so the 1 kid who doesnt drive can get to school.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Posted by: Say This ()
Date: October 21, 2010 01:30AM

you think this crap is made up? by whom?

this is like a rocky horror picture show reality version of a school board.

so, either someone at fcps is sitting around making this up or someone in the community is?

or maybe, just maybe, it's 'school board behaving badly', coming to a reality tv channel near you.

WHAT does this MEAN??
Attachments:
Clipart FCPS Ponton eagerly awaiting decision.png

Posted by: She's toast ()
Date: October 21, 2010 03:04AM

Next year if Liz decides to run again for school board she will not be endorsed by the republicans. Democrats have said that they don't want her either. Stick a fork in her, she's cooked.
Hearing some interesting things were found when Stu Gibson's emails were foia'd. Not that it matters, Reston will re-elect him next year unless he's found in bed with dead woman or a live boy, and perhaps even then.

Posted by: 10inchdonkey ()
Date: October 21, 2010 04:48AM

i will shit on the toilet seat and have my girlfriend eat it up while i cum my paste in her mouth

Posted by: 10inchdonkey ()
Date: October 21, 2010 04:49AM

i always look at milfs and thinka bout cumming on there asshole

Date: October 21, 2010 06:08AM

who is Cassie? Wrote:
> We need more
> narrow minded, self-serving FCPS staff members
> making decisions about our schools.

lol, narrow minded because she doesn't agree with you?

Date: October 21, 2010 06:10AM

It's real for sure Wrote:
>
> You think all of this occurs with phone calls???
> I think it's totally believable.

You must be drinking the koolaid made with the contaminated Clifton water.

Posted by: Nice email from principal ()
Date: October 21, 2010 11:18AM

I guess this Ponton character from Annandale thinks he can trashtalk a school board member with no worries about fallout.

Boy is he wrong. Wait till he goes begging for "less diversity" in his multi-ethnic school.

Just say it, John. No reason to beat around the bush.

"I need more White kids!".

But where to get them from......looks like Woodson and Lake Braddock are likely targets.

Should be an interesting "boundary study".

Oh, and Stu, I hope you did the honorable thing and asked this principal not to be disrespectful to a school board member. Or do those rules only apply to you, Kathy, Tessie and Lizzie Bordon?

Posted by: eye ()
Date: October 21, 2010 02:25PM

but the real question remains --- who gives a flying bean burrito?

Posted by: Oh Liz and Larry! ()
Date: October 21, 2010 04:59PM

Fairly confident - just love it, love it, love it - guess what?
Liz, we are fairly confident you screwed Clifton.
Attachments:
larry the fairly confident demographer spicoli.png

Posted by: Unwise Liz ()
Date: October 21, 2010 05:29PM

Yes - Liz, we see why this would have been "unwise" - your whole devious plan to torch a school to STEAL $11M TO FURTHER YOUR POLITICAL CAREER - we see your point. EXACTLY your point.
Attachments:
Bradsher unwise to count other zip codes.png

Posted by: bond ()
Date: October 21, 2010 06:10PM

exhibit A on why stay at home moms should either find a job, start knitting something or continue watching soaps.

Date: October 21, 2010 06:41PM

Nice email from principal Wrote:
> I guess this Ponton character from Annandale
> thinks he can trashtalk a school board member with
> no worries about fallout.
>
> Boy is he wrong. Wait till he goes begging for
> "less diversity" in his multi-ethnic school.
>
> Just say it, John. No reason to beat around the
> bush.
>
> "I need more White kids!".
>
> But where to get them from......looks like Woodson
> and Lake Braddock are likely targets.
>
> Should be an interesting "boundary study".
>
> Oh, and Stu, I hope you did the honorable thing
> and asked this principal not to be disrespectful
> to a school board member. Or do those rules only
> apply to you, Kathy, Tessie and Lizzie Bordon?

It's truly inspiring to see an authority figure like the Annandale principal suck up to a School Board member - particular Stu Gibson - like this. What a wonderful lesson for our kids. Perhaps they should make it part of the standard Government/Civics course.

The issue with Annandale, by the way, isn't getting more White kids from LB or Woodson. Annandale's over-crowded and they'll be exporting kids to other schools in a few years. Ponton is probably angling to keep the White kids who are already at Annandale there, and find ways to get FCPS to send kids from mostly Hispanic neighborhoods to Edison and kids from heavily Black neighborhoods to Stuart with Gibson's support. Just wait.

Posted by: CanThey? ()
Date: October 21, 2010 11:04PM

Oh Liz and Larry! Wrote:
> Fairly confident - just love it, love it, love it
> - guess what?
> Liz, we are fairly confident you screwed Clifton.

She obviously pulled one over on Brad Center and Jim Raney too! All those hundreds of young children ages 5 to 11 years whose lives are going to be impacted just so she could get some votes from West Springfield High School! You would think that if Brad Center and Jim Raney had any sense at all that they would figure out how to overturn the vote now that this other information has come to light. She may be able to sleep at night with this on her conscience but can they? These are young CHILDREN that are having their lives turned upside down and friendships broken and lives distabilized for no good reason other than the self-centeredness of one person! It's disgusting!

Posted by: The New Tony Hayward? ()
Date: October 22, 2010 04:04AM

Speechless - just beyond.
Attachments:
liz and tony.png

Date: October 22, 2010 05:40AM

wow. These parents have too much time on their hands.

Posted by: all parents?? ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:37AM

How do you know these are parents?? Maybe they are retired grandparents ;-)

We've really got to stop those old people from being so creative.

Date: October 22, 2010 10:05AM

I say "keep it coming."

It's a revelation how unprofessional and flat-out stupid these people are. Both School Board members like Liz Bradsher and staff like Denise James need to be shown the door. It's clear they are more interesting in doing favors for one another than doing what's best for the kids.

Posted by: Denise and Liz should party ()
Date: October 22, 2010 10:15AM

Yes, you two should definitely woop it up together now that you closed a school that made absolutely no sense to close.

But wait-you two may be quite busy in the next several months. Because you have NO PLANS for where these kids will go to school.

My goodness, get to work girls adding on to these neighborong schools and bringing in those ghastly trailers for the Clifton kids.

Then let's all watch this empty bulding rot while these other schools are overwhelmed with 400 kids they don't have room for.

CHEERS!

Posted by: question?? ()
Date: October 22, 2010 12:10PM

What is the connection between Annandale's principal and Clifton closing?

Why send the "good job" email to Gibson? Why does he care?

Lots of questions.....

Posted by: Grossed Out Granny ()
Date: October 22, 2010 04:13PM

Pining for the days of morals.
Devastated by being told to come here and see such recklessness by people entrusted with our young children and next generation.
Why does something such as this ever get said by a Principal and for what possible purpose could would he celebrate a devastating loss?
I am confounded as so we all should be.
Attachments:
Clipart FCPS Ponton eagerly awaiting decision.png

Date: October 22, 2010 05:03PM

question?? Wrote:
> What is the connection between Annandale's
> principal and Clifton closing?
>
> Why send the "good job" email to Gibson? Why does
> he care?
>
> Lots of questions.....

Because Annandale HS is about to get redistricted and the Annandale principal wants to suck up to the School Board members in advance.

The Annandale principal sends an e-mail to Gibson that boasts of his "multi-ethnic" school, and congratulates him for supporting the closing of an elementary school that is 80% white, but what Ponton probably wants is for Gibson to support a redistricting plan for Annandale next year that won't skew Annandale's demographics further towards low-income students or students who don't speak English. That would make Ponton's job harder.

And why wouldn't he take such an approach with Gibson? It's not exactly a secret that what's most important to Gibson is spouting nonsense and feeling good about himself.

Posted by: SayWHAT?! ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:12AM

Ron - Hey Pal. Take a look at Lizzie's "To Do List":

Dave - better divorce your girlfriend before the stink of this sticks on you.
Attachments:
Albo to Bradsher Tea Party Credentials.png

Posted by: Repugnant Bradsher ()
Date: October 23, 2010 07:09AM

The pandering/strategizing displayed in these emails is repugnant. Really ugly. Can't they sense how arrogant and deluded they are about their motives?

People like this get what they deserve eventually. Unfortunately, it does not help students in the immediate term.

Posted by: tsa? ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:30PM

Since fcps thinks we are HIJACKERS - wonder if they are going to have TSA screeners at their Mon & Tue *community engagement meetings*?

Can't wait for the pat down

Nevermind » they already did » $3 BILLION ... This year
Oh - and no teacher raise even w/ over $21M in fed jobs bill money -
For JOBS

Posted by: Remedial Ed for Liz ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:47PM

Is anyone else somewhat amazed by Liz Bradsher's inability to write a single sentence that isn't full of grammatical errors?

Perhaps Liz needs to go back to school and get some remedial education before she's entrusted to make decisions that affect children and teachers!

Posted by: NewToClifton ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:41PM

Welcome to Clifton's world, WTW, et al. They arbitrarily voted to close Clifton ES, even though it has classes with 25+ kids in them (how is THAT underenrolled??), just to curry favor and votes with the West Springfield area in moving WSHS up in the renovations queue by knocking Clifton ES out of it.

It's all political and they don't care about the students, just their own careers and the careers of their cronies.

Posted by: the best we can vote for? ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:46PM

Well, Dave Albo has some grammar issues as well----"you will get more votes for doing the fiscal conservative tough decision"? But I guess you can't expect someone from a party that uses "Democrat" as an adjective (as in the "liberal Democrat agenda") to know how to use other modifiers (like fiscally).

He could also use a lesson on the difference between the verb "do" and the verb "make" (usage problems). Of course, maybe "do" is the word to use when you don't really "make" anything---you just "do" stuff to people.

Date: October 23, 2010 01:58PM

the best we can vote for? Wrote:
> Well, Dave Albo has some grammar issues as
> well----"you will get more votes for doing the
> fiscal conservative tough decision"? But I guess
> you can't expect someone from a party that uses
> "Democrat" as an adjective (as in the "liberal
> Democrat agenda") to know how to use other
> modifiers (like fiscally).
>
> He could also use a lesson on the difference
> between the verb "do" and the verb "make" (usage
> problems). Of course, maybe "do" is the word to
> use when you don't really "make" anything---you
> just "do" stuff to people.

So when Liz writes "They do review such data as I pointed out," does that mean the demographer on the FCPS looks only at the data that Liz wants him to consider?

It sure seems that way, since Clifton's enrollment has held steady, contrary to the erroneous FCPS projections. Do you think it's a coincidence that the projections for Clfton were off by a considerably wider margin than those for other schools?

Posted by: How it goes ()
Date: October 23, 2010 02:11PM

Gotta love those option A, B, and C maps for the boundary study changes too. They show enrollment projections for the 2015-2016 school year. What happened to the next 4 years---we don't get to see those projections? If they talk about the numbers 5 years out, they can say anything---they won't be around to take the "fallout" in 5 years. Also notice how the options don't show any price tags. They don't want any debate about any of them---they surely already have one picked out and we'll never know how they really stack up against each other (as well as how they would stack up against leaving Clifton ES in place). This way the SB can say that any "discussion" by those communities is purely "emotional". More "little children" treatment of the voters. We're just too emotional, but they don't want to give us any real data that might make us able to see why their decision is so logical.

Posted by: TJHSST! Liz&Tessie ()
Date: October 23, 2010 03:28PM

WHAT?!

My eyeballs are bleeding I am seeing so much red.
Attachments:
Tessie to Liz - TJHSST closing cost savings constituent question.png

Posted by: Conflict of Interest Anyone? ()
Date: October 23, 2010 04:35PM

FPAC is a sham(e).
Attachments:
Cassandra Eatmon partying with Bradsher and picked for FPAC what a surprise conflict of interest.png

Date: October 23, 2010 08:57PM

What exactly is "consciences support"?

Did she miss the class where the occasional use of a dictionary was encouraged? Is she equally unfamiliar with the basic spell-check function?

Yes, we're brutal. Our families and our children do not deserve to have our lives upended by such a total idiot.

Posted by: SpellCheck ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:33AM

Remedial Ed for Liz Wrote:
> What exactly is "consciences support"?
>
> Did she miss the class where the occasional use of
> a dictionary was encouraged? Is she equally
> unfamiliar with the basic spell-check function?

Maybe it isn't the spell-check function that she grapples with but it is really that she just doesn't understand the function of having a conscience?

Date: October 24, 2010 09:48AM

Agreed. Let's have Liz go to Blackboard and send a note to our parents and students in which she notes the correct spelling of "conscientious." She should also apologize for making craven political decisions that were intended to advance her political career, rather than serve our communities.

Any work on renovating West Springfield HS should be enjoined until the mess that she's made is fixed.

Posted by: English 101 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:11AM

Wow. There really is an adjective problem with Dave and Liz. Adjectives are words that describe nouns. They take a different form from the nouns (sort of expect public speakers and writers to know this!). Maybe this lack of adjective recognition is indicative of an underlying problem with description itself---which is critical to giving detail to your narratives. Maybe there is some association with this "English deficit" and the public's not getting any details about what you are doing (same part of your brains is not functioning). Your language problems seem to be indicative of far deeper thinking problems. Language issues are often related to brain functioning (or lack of it).

Having said all of that, I am willing to believe that Dave and Liz could learn how to use adjectives and communicate better with the public (and be good models for children). Maybe they just spent too much time at the beach drinking instead of learning.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 24, 2010 08:08PM

Forward those emails to the Washington Post. If the school board is really such a sham, why not get the word out?

Posted by: Study Cancelled ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:59AM

It is a relief to know we don't have to go through the study.
Apparently Liz and this Jeff guy are just working out the details for us.
Sure they have a great solution worked up for us that will be just as special as she crafted for those in her OWN district.

While puzzled as to her role in a study NOT involving Springfield residents, looks like we are in fine and experienced hands. Can't wait to see what she has in store. We have nothing to be worried about. Doubt she thinks we are "hijackers" like the rest of them.
Attachments:
Bradsher and Aftergut work out Annandale Study for us.png

Date: October 25, 2010 12:57PM

Yep - they should probably dispense with any formal boundary study and just auction off the right to determine the boundaries to those who made campaign contributions to Liz Bradsher or otherwise were willing to suck up to her.

I believe the term of art is "pay to play."

Posted by: Amazed ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:09PM

In a college fresman English class I had the following comment from the professor..."To write lucidly, one must think lucidly."

I've been reading this whole thread with incredulity. It was the hope that once we had elected school boards that decision making would be more transparent. That doesn't seem to have worked out so well.

English 101 Wrote:
> Wow. There really is an adjective problem with
> Dave and Liz. Adjectives are words that describe
> nouns. They take a different form from the nouns
> (sort of expect public speakers and writers to
> know this!). Maybe this lack of adjective
> recognition is indicative of an underlying problem
> with description itself---which is critical to
> giving detail to your narratives. Maybe there is
> some association with this "English deficit" and
> the public's not getting any details about what
> you are doing (same part of your brains is not
> functioning). Your language problems seem to be
> indicative of far deeper thinking problems.
> Language issues are often related to brain
> functioning (or lack of it).
>
> Having said all of that, I am willing to believe
> that Dave and Liz could learn how to use
> adjectives and communicate better with the public
> (and be good models for children). Maybe they
> just spent too much time at the beach drinking
> instead of learning.

Posted by: Another PO'd Parent ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:26PM

Now this 'representative' is meddling in OUR planning study??

ENOUGH. TELL BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, BOARD OF EDUCATION, GOVERNOR - IT DOESN'T MATTER. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCREWING WITH OUR FUTURE AND OUR KIDS' FUTURE.
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
Attachments:
Wilson Bradsher from Aftergut on Annandale Clifton and Southwest Cty Studies.png

Posted by: Aftergut? ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:52PM

WOW.

Who is this Jeff Aftergut?

It is incredible that these people are so CALLOUS. Seems like the only legitimate view is their own opinion, their own agenda.

Posted by: MommyLion ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:35PM

WHY WHY WHY is FCPS subjecting nearly 18,000 kids to a boundary change process for overcrowding at a handful of schools?

The devastation to communities begins.
FCPS gets an F in planning.
FCPS gets an F in community engagement.
FCPS gets an F in transparency.
FCPS gets an F in ethics.
Attachments:
SWCO Boundary Study flyer.png

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.