HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Concealed Carry at Great Falls Park
Posted by: Mick_Jagger ()
Date: July 04, 2010 04:58PM

Does anyone know if you can carry in the visitors center at the park? There is a "no firearms" sign that has been there for a while.

Apparently, you are supposed to know which buildings are off limits when there is a sign up, but it's hard to tell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Concealed Carry at Great Falls Park
Posted by: Asprin ()
Date: July 04, 2010 05:57PM

Mick_Jagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if you can carry in the visitors
> center at the park? There is a "no firearms" sign
> that has been there for a while.
>
> Apparently, you are supposed to know which
> buildings are off limits when there is a sign up,
> but it's hard to tell.

Oh man I have been losing sleep over this for the past month. Please let me know what you find out.

Posted by: Everyone Wants to Rape Me ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:42PM

you can't bring firearms to public parks, paranoid douche

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:51PM

Oh yes you can, if it is a county park they are supposed to have those signs removed for years now. I don't know if Great Falls Park is county or not.

edit: It is a US National Park service facility, so it may in fact not be okay to carry there. There have been some changes in national park carry rules and I think now they are supposed to follow the laws of the state in which they are located but that may only be for forests, not sure.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:52PM

Yes, you can carry there. It's a public place.

I open carry at Manassas Battfield (Also a National Park) all the time.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:54PM

http://www.nps.gov/grfa/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htm

As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park.

Date: July 04, 2010 11:03PM

Cool, thanks for the info.

Posted by: BurkeRes ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:02AM

No, you cannot carry in the visitor's center.
The law does indeed permit a person to carry in National Parks in States where carrying in such a manner is also lawful. The law however makes an exemption for NPS buildings where a sign is clearly posted. So carry with confidence on the grounds of the park, but do not carry in any building where it is forbidden with sign-age posted.

CAVEAT: I am not a lawyer and I am definitely not your lawyer. Read the law for yourself and come to your own conclusions.
[home.nps.gov]

Posted by: stayinghome ()
Date: July 05, 2010 06:22PM

What the hell do you need a gun in the park? TO shoot the animals? TO protect yourself. I need to move. This is not 1800s.

Date: July 05, 2010 06:38PM

Google "man mugged in park."

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 05, 2010 06:39PM

stayinghome Wrote:
> What the hell do you need a gun in the park? TO
> shoot the animals? TO protect yourself. I need
> to move. This is not 1800s.

Yeah, I don't think in the 1800's that you had beaner rapists lurking behind trees everywhere.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: mestupid ()
Date: July 05, 2010 07:38PM

Thankyou pack leader. Glad to know that rapists are only a thing from the past 20 years. Give it a rest. Its been here forever. What is new are the people with amatur radios hanging out in parks. Technology changed who is in parks. No reason for grown men to be hanging out in those parks like that.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: July 05, 2010 09:55PM

­

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 05:05PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:24PM

mestupid Wrote:
> Thankyou pack leader. Glad to know that rapists
> are only a thing from the past 20 years. Give it
> a rest. Its been here forever. What is new are
> the people with amatur radios hanging out in
> parks. Technology changed who is in parks. No
> reason for grown men to be hanging out in those
> parks like that.

Muggings/Rapes were rare around here over 20 years ago, but they've become common place ever since the wetbacks invaded. Just in Reston alone, years have gone by with these dumb taco chuckers attempting to grab ladies off of pathways in broad daylight, on major roadways no less.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: InMirror ()
Date: July 06, 2010 06:06AM

Look in the mirror. Are YOU really someone they would attack? Do you really carry for self defense or you just trying to be a hero. If hero? Then leave it to police. We do not need some vigilantes.

Date: July 06, 2010 07:43AM

Yes, I can honestly say that when I carry it is for self defense. I have no dreams to "rescue" anyone, in fact if I saw a crime in progress there would be several things done before a last resort of shooting the attacker.

Police don't exist to protect, they exist to investigate after the fact and provide disincentive to commit crime. You have total freedom not to carry, and now that the second amendment is incorporated as a fundamental right, you sound as silly as "don't wear a shirt promoting a political candidate, leave that to campaign runners. We do not need some individual non-official campaigners."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 07:43AM by pgens.

Posted by: Opa ()
Date: July 06, 2010 07:53AM

pgens Wrote:
> Google "man mugged in park."

He was probably mugged for his gun. How the fuck are you going to protect yourself with a gun if some guy jumps you out of a bush from behind. Good luck with your gun.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 06, 2010 08:15AM

Opa Wrote:

> How the fuck
> are you going to protect yourself with a gun if
> some guy jumps you out of a bush from behind.
> Good luck with your gun.

Yeah! And how are you going to put out a kitchen fire if the entire kitchen explodes?!? Keeping a fire extinguisher in the kitchen is just plain stupid. It's more likely to explode in a fire than help you.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:29PM

InMirror Wrote:
> Look in the mirror. Are YOU really someone they
> would attack? Do you really carry for self
> defense or you just trying to be a hero. If hero?
> Then leave it to police. We do not need some
> vigilantes.

Exactly!! The police will be there in minutes..
when seconds count! doh. Unfortunately the liberal elite anti-gun crowd are so self-absorbed, they believe everyone has the same belief and value system as they do. Either by living a sheltered life or through blind faith they believe no one will do them harm if they aren't asking for it. The more good guys carrying firearms the better.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:39PM

70chip Wrote:
> InMirror Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Look in the mirror. Are YOU really someone
> they
> > would attack? Do you really carry for self
> > defense or you just trying to be a hero. If
> hero?
> > Then leave it to police. We do not need some
> > vigilantes.
>
>
> Exactly!! The police will be there in minutes..
> when seconds count! doh. Unfortunately the liberal
> elite anti-gun crowd are so self-absorbed, they
> believe everyone has the same belief and value
> system as they do. Either by living a sheltered
> life or through blind faith they believe no one
> will do them harm if they aren't asking for it.
> The more good guys carrying firearms the better.

Fun little related tidbit

"The 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals."

Date: July 06, 2010 02:55PM

I conceal carry everywhere I go. It's tough to do at the beach when you've got 10 inches.

Date: July 06, 2010 02:57PM

Carry a gun is nothing more than a bunch of hassles and false sense of security. Enjoy.

Posted by: Dawg ()
Date: July 06, 2010 03:02PM

this is so stupid. how would they even cach you or stop you from taking a gun up in there if it's CONCEALED? that's the whole point, it's hidden so people don't know you have it. it's not like they're gonna search you.

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: July 06, 2010 06:52PM

Federal law was changed so that any park in the National Park System has to honor the carry laws of each state. If you are in a MD park, MD law applies how you can carry a fire arm.

VA is an open carry state unless you have a permit to carry concealed. The USE of the firearms is still mandated by 36 CFR so know 36 CFR Chapter 2.

I would hope that all fucking anti gun liberals would just die.

Date: July 06, 2010 07:05PM

Dawg Wrote:
> this is so stupid. how would they even cach you
> or stop you from taking a gun up in there if it's
> CONCEALED? that's the whole point, it's hidden so
> people don't know you have it. it's not like
> they're gonna search you.

Concealed makes everyone feel better, I don't know why it isn't the default. In other words it would make more sense for conceal carry to be generally legal and open carry to have restrictions. The default for those breaking the law is concealed anyway.

It is laughable that someone would have a problem with a good guy carrying a firearm concealed because they know good guys are carrying, while totally disregarding that the bad guys are, and always have been, carrying concealed. "I'm nervous that the guy next to me in the restaurant might have a gun on July 1." What about all the people who simply disregarded law and had a gun, sitting next to you, all the days before July 1? Ignorance is truly bliss I guess.

Posted by: Spam prevention ()
Date: July 07, 2010 01:28AM

You can carry in a National Park (Great Falls), but you cannot carry inside the buildings. Look up the law.

Also, be sure that no part of the Virginia side of the park is in Maryland. There are places along the river where you might think you're in one state but the line isn't where you thought, so be aware. You cannot carry on the Md. side of the park.

I guess there are no muggings or rapes in Md., so they force their citizens to go defenseless and to rely on the wonderful and always-present-when-you-need-them police.

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: July 07, 2010 09:10AM

Carry everywhere, everyday...

Some people just dont get it... Fucking stupid not to protect yourself.

If you dont think you should carry 'just in case' then take out the fucking spare tire that is in your car that is there 'just in case'

same fucking thing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 09:10AM by FBO.

Posted by: captain22 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:30PM

Yeah I would carry in GF Park too, sooooo many Julios

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:40PM

captain22 Wrote:
> Yeah I would carry in GF Park too, sooooo many
> Julios

...and you say you're not a racist. ;)

Posted by: itchy ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:36PM

Yea, Great falls is a national park. You can carry in a national park, but not in federally owned buildings eg. ranger station, visitor center etc. Make sure you follow the laws of the state in which the national park resides. In Virginia anyone who can legally possess a firearm can open carry in a National Park, and possessors of a CHP can carry consealed. If you smell of alcohol or act like a social retard you will get arrested. You also draw a lot of unwanted attention when you open carry, you will get lots of strange looks and scare off all the hot women. If you want to get laid, leave the piece locked up in your vehicle.

Also, open carry sets you up for getting rolled by thugs. To a thug, knowing that someone has a weapon enables them to plan ways to defeat them. Several such cases have happened in Fairfax. Usually at night, but the fiend would hide until the individual passed, then they struck the victim in the head from behind, or stuck a gun in their back.

Posted by: so honestly ()
Date: September 16, 2010 05:59PM

So honestly, I would like to ask a question, if you have a licence to cc in virginia, would you carry if you had to go into DC, or worked there? Would you carry all the time? I thought the penalties were to great...

I go for cs gas and a concealed stiletto knife, I guess because it would less of a crime in the eyes of the law?

I have no problem with people carrying in parks when I'm camping, and would dig that shit if a bear went mental at night lol

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 16, 2010 06:28PM

­

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 06:03PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: July 21, 2011 12:01PM

You can carry and legally discharge your weapon inside Great Falls National Park. Fairfax County law explicitly allows discharge on parcel of land that is Great Falls.

APPENDIX J. Ordinance to Designate Areas Where Firearms May Not Be Shot. - Fairfax County, Virginia - Code of Ordinances
Except as otherwise provided herein, no person shall shoot a firearm or an air- or gas-operated weapon in Fairfax County. If a person has registered to do so in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 6 of the Fairfax County Code, and if that person is in full compliance with Chapter 6 of the Fairfax County Code, a person may shoot a firearm or an air- or gas-operated weapon in the following areas:

(A)

That portion of Fairfax County bounded by a line beginning where the boundary between Fairfax County and Loudoun County meet at the Potomac River, then southeast following the Potomac River boundary between Fairfax County, Virginia, and the State of Maryland until where Difficult Run enters the Potomac River, then from the confluence of the Potomac River and Difficult Run southwest to the northwest corner of property identified by Fairfax County Tax Map No. 14-3, 001, Parcel 10, then southwest along the northwestern boundary of properties identified by Fairfax County Tax Map No. 14-3, 001, Parcels 9 and 10, and Tax Map No. 20-1, 001, Parcels 6 and 6A to Georgetown Pike (Route 193), then from the intersection of Georgetown Pike and Towlston Road (State Route 676) southwest along Towlston Road to the intersection of Towlston Road and Leesburg Pike (State Route 7), then northwest along Leesburg Pike to the Loudoun County boundary, then northeast along the Loudoun County boundary to the beginning point at the Potomac River.

(B)

That portion of Fairfax County bounded by a line beginning at a point where Sully Road (State Road 28) crosses the boundary between Fairfax County and Loudoun County, then southwest following the Loudoun County boundary to the point where it meets the boundary between Fairfax County and Prince William County, then southeast along the Prince William boundary to the Potomac River, then generally north following the eastern border to Fairfax County to Accotink Creek, then north along Accotink Creek to Richmond Highway (U.S. Route 1), then west along Richmond Highway to Lorton Road (State Route 642), then west along Lorton Road to Silverbrook Road (State Route 600), then north and then west along Silverbrook Road to the intersection with Ox Road (State Route 123), then northwest along Ox Road to the intersection of Braddock Road (State Route 620), then west along Braddock Road to New Braddock Road, then west along New Braddock Road to the intersection with Centreville Road (State Road 28), then north along Centreville Road and Sully Road to the beginning point at the Loudoun County boundary. (44-93-J, § 1.)

Posted by: nice ()
Date: July 21, 2011 12:17PM

funny.

Asprin Wrote:
> Mick_Jagger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anyone know if you can carry in the
> visitors
> > center at the park? There is a "no firearms"
> sign
> > that has been there for a while.
> >
> > Apparently, you are supposed to know which
> > buildings are off limits when there is a sign
> up,
> > but it's hard to tell.
>
> Oh man I have been losing sleep over this for the
> past month. Please let me know what you find out.

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: July 21, 2011 12:35PM

Steve Wrote:
> You can carry and legally discharge your weapon
> inside Great Falls National Park. Fairfax County
> law explicitly allows discharge on parcel of land
> that is Great Falls.
>
>
> APPENDIX J. Ordinance to Designate Areas Where
> Firearms May Not Be Shot. - Fairfax County,
> Virginia - Code of Ordinances
> Except as otherwise provided herein, no person
> shall shoot a firearm or an air- or gas-operated
> weapon in Fairfax County. If a person has
> registered to do so in accordance with the
> provisions of Chapter 6 of the Fairfax County
> Code, and if that person is in full compliance
> with Chapter 6 of the Fairfax County Code, a
> person may shoot a firearm or an air- or
> gas-operated weapon in the following areas:
>
> (A)
>
> That portion of Fairfax County bounded by a line
> beginning where the boundary between Fairfax
> County and Loudoun County meet at the Potomac
> River, then southeast following the Potomac River
> boundary between Fairfax County, Virginia, and the
> State of Maryland until where Difficult Run enters
> the Potomac River, then from the confluence of the
> Potomac River and Difficult Run southwest to the
> northwest corner of property identified by Fairfax
> County Tax Map No. 14-3, 001, Parcel 10, then
> southwest along the northwestern boundary of
> properties identified by Fairfax County Tax Map
> No. 14-3, 001, Parcels 9 and 10, and Tax Map No.
> 20-1, 001, Parcels 6 and 6A to Georgetown Pike
> (Route 193), then from the intersection of
> Georgetown Pike and Towlston Road (State Route
> 676) southwest along Towlston Road to the
> intersection of Towlston Road and Leesburg Pike
> (State Route 7), then northwest along Leesburg
> Pike to the Loudoun County boundary, then
> northeast along the Loudoun County boundary to the
> beginning point at the Potomac River.
>
> (B)
>
> That portion of Fairfax County bounded by a line
> beginning at a point where Sully Road (State Road
> 28) crosses the boundary between Fairfax County
> and Loudoun County, then southwest following the
> Loudoun County boundary to the point where it
> meets the boundary between Fairfax County and
> Prince William County, then southeast along the
> Prince William boundary to the Potomac River, then
> generally north following the eastern border to
> Fairfax County to Accotink Creek, then north along
> Accotink Creek to Richmond Highway (U.S. Route 1),
> then west along Richmond Highway to Lorton Road
> (State Route 642), then west along Lorton Road to
> Silverbrook Road (State Route 600), then north and
> then west along Silverbrook Road to the
> intersection with Ox Road (State Route 123), then
> northwest along Ox Road to the intersection of
> Braddock Road (State Route 620), then west along
> Braddock Road to New Braddock Road, then west
> along New Braddock Road to the intersection with
> Centreville Road (State Road 28), then north along
> Centreville Road and Sully Road to the beginning
> point at the Loudoun County boundary. (44-93-J, §
> 1.)

County ordinances do not apply to Great Falls Park (NPS). Please be mindful of the following link:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=4d43ee1c550e83b281f2562ee9e633db&rgn=div8&view=text&node=36:1.0.1.1.2.0.1.4&idno=36

You CAN carry concealed with a PERMIT in Great Falls Park. You CAN open carry in Great Falls Park. You CANNOT shoot your firearms in Great Falls Park unless the situation warrants, and there is no target range. There are signs at the entrance of each building in Great Falls Park that says weather or not a person can carry a firearm inside. The US Park Police will respond to any and all "shots fired" call out at Great Falls Park.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: July 21, 2011 01:49PM

"Federal law was changed so that any park in the National Park System has to honor the carry laws of each state. If you are in a MD park, MD law applies how you can carry a fire arm."

Now that's funny, carry in MD, hahahaha! You can probably break the gun down into each individual part, separate the trigger group and the rest of the parts and lock them all in two different cases while having all magazines locked in a third case and all three cases locked in your trunk and still be breaking the law in MD.

Posted by: TheBullshitLeader ()
Date: July 21, 2011 02:19PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Muggings/Rapes were rare around here over 20 years
> ago, but they've become common place ever since
> the wetbacks invaded. Just in Reston alone, years
> have gone by with these dumb taco chuckers
> attempting to grab ladies off of pathways in broad
> daylight, on major roadways no less.

You were like, 6 years old 20 years ago. Stop making shit up.

Posted by: What is so scary about GF? ()
Date: July 21, 2011 04:59PM

You can't stop anyone from carrying a gun around except at the airport. Fools.

Name one place where a gun owner took a bad guy out and saved the day in Va?

One man had a gun with him when Gabby Giffords was shot but he failed to do shit. I bet the NRA does not want you to hear about that.

Posted by: NoVA libtards OUT! ()
Date: July 22, 2011 12:44AM

These guys pulled their weapons and succeeded in putting a stop to a fatal shooting spree. I bet the MSM does not want you to hear about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 22, 2011 07:40AM

Read your own links.

"Additional witnesses at the scene stated they did not see Bridges or Gross with their guns at the time Besen started subduing Odighizuwa"

I am a CHP holder, I'm just saying why post links to stories that don't make your case?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 22, 2011 08:05AM

as long as I DONT SEE YOUR GUN , we dont (and really shouldnt) have a problem with it.

The MINUTE I see it, I'm dialing 911 and reporting it!

Could care less WHO you are, or what permit you have - I'm not gonna go up to you and ask, I'm not gonna assume if you are or arent cool - I'm gonna let the trained professionals handle that..................

Posted by: Hebrew Hammer ()
Date: July 22, 2011 08:25AM

I'm sure that there are instances listed on the VCDL site, but like the brady foundation, they are a lobbying organization.

One incident I distinctly remember was in 93 or 94 at the Saratoga Pool in Springfield. A family was hosting a pool party for their daughter's 16th birthday in the evening. Two men saw a bunch of 16 yer olds in bikinis and tried to come into the pool. The father blocked their entry and told them to leave. They went to their car, each took out a handgun and came back and shot at him - missing him. He dropped to a knee, pulled out his gun, and shot and killed both of them. It was in the Fairfax Connection and Washington Post. He wasn't a cop, just had a CHP (actually back then, I think it was a CCW), which was unusual in Fairfax county because that was before VCDL lobbied to get the law changed from May issue to Shall issue. I'm sure that there are others, feel free to look them up.

I carry all the time. Many people I know carry. Your notion of save the day in Virginia is about as far from reality as it can get. If the class to obtain a CHP is more than this is the dangerous end, this is the safe end, then they teach you the legal responsibilities and rights and most importantly the repercussions of pulling your weapon. Very few pople who have been properly trained will go charging into a shootout to save the day. Now, if someone comes right up to you and points a gun at you and demands your wallet, then what's wrong with defending yourself?

What is so scary about GF? Wrote:
> You can't stop anyone from carrying a gun around
> except at the airport. Fools.
>
> Name one place where a gun owner took a bad guy
> out and saved the day in Va?
>
> One man had a gun with him when Gabby Giffords was
> shot but he failed to do shit. I bet the NRA does
> not want you to hear about that.

Posted by: Stats ()
Date: July 22, 2011 08:31AM

You are more likely to be killed by your own gun then save yourself from harm.

Many who own a gun have never taken a class either.

How many times do you hear of kids finding a parents gun and killing a friend or sibling while playing with it. Too many!

Posted by: Hebrew Hammer ()
Date: July 22, 2011 08:50AM

Stats Wrote:
> You are more likely to be killed by your own gun
> then save yourself from harm.

True. But what are the numbers for neither one happening? I've owned a gun for over 20 years, and I've never saved myself with it, nor been threatened by it.

> Many who own a gun have never taken a class
> either.
True also. My biggest complaint with the Virginia CHP program is that the training requirements are pathetic (hunters safety class counts). I don't believe that it should be restricted, but it should require some more training than that.

but, you don't have to take a class to get a drivers license in Virginia if you're over 18. You don't have to take a class to go swimming in a virginia lake or river. Do people die in this state because of that? Yes.

> How many times do you hear of kids finding a
> parents gun and killing a friend or sibling while
> playing with it. Too many!

How many times do you hear of kids NOT finding a parents loaded gun? My 14 year old has yet to access my handgun, because it's either with me, on me, or in a safe. Along those lines, should we restrict something because they're dangerous and kids can get to them? Ok, no more prescription drugs. More kids are getting into their parents xanax and vicodin bottles than are playing with daddy's sig. Lock up your booze cabinet and beer supply too.

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: July 22, 2011 08:39PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> as long as I DONT SEE YOUR GUN , we dont (and
> really shouldnt) have a problem with it.
>
> The MINUTE I see it, I'm dialing 911 and reporting
> it!
>
> Could care less WHO you are, or what permit you
> have - I'm not gonna go up to you and ask, I'm not
> gonna assume if you are or arent cool - I'm gonna
> let the trained professionals handle
> that..................

When you call do not be surprised if the call taker askes you what the individual is doing at the time you see the gun. If you answer is going to be, "I just see the gun on the person's body." If the follow up question is going to be something to the effect of what the person is doing at the time with the gun. If you answer is I just see it, do not be surprised if you are informed that this is not a crime. Virginia is an open carry state.

If you make something up and lie to the police that the person is doing something dangerous, this can be construed as a false police report where YOU could be charged. This can also open yourself up to civil lawsuits.

Here is a thought, since you are unsure if a person is cool if you see a gun, GO GET ONE AND CARRY YOURSELF!!

Fucktard.

Date: July 22, 2011 09:02PM

@Troop - wow, arent you being an asshole tonite.

If the 911 says it's no big deal, then it's no big deal. However, I'm still gonna call in a gun if I see it, no matter how nasty you get, pal.

And why the FUCK would I lie about a 911 report? Where do you get off on that tip? That's just ludicrious. Like I said, I'd call 911 and call it in, let the professionals handle it. If they say it's no big deal, then it's no big deal. But even IF I had a gun on me, I'd think I'd rather the cops handle someone I see with a gun instead of just pull mine out and act like Wyatt fucking Earp in the wild west like some dumbass - I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THEY TEACH SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THE CHP CLASSES - that just pulling out yr weapon everytime you think you see trouble is the answer to everything.

Are all gun owners this nasty about the feelings of non-gun owners? Just curious....................

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: July 22, 2011 10:11PM

All gun owners are responsible. We fully know these things were designed for one thing; to kill....period. We will also defend our 2nd Amendment rights just as anyone will defend thier other rights. Your post speaks of harrassment. It is possible a responsible carrying gun owner could get you out of a life threatening situation where you least expect it. If this ever happens I am sure you will change your perception.

Posted by: Little Monster Bowl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 12:27AM

O'boy, Gordon's saying "asshole" and "fuck"! She's in a bad mood tonight, in addition to being a horses's ass for saying she would call 911 if she simply saw someone with a pistol.

Sexing up the story when you call 911 to make it sound like a person simply carrying a pistol legally is doing something threatening going to get you in hot water with the cops, sweetie, and as another person said, 911 will ask what the problem is and what the person is doing before even dispatching a cop.

And no, I don't even own a gun, but I have no problem with someone legally carrying one...

Posted by: Lmao ()
Date: July 23, 2011 12:43AM

ROFLMAO ...So the great Scooby Doo Mystery is solved .... Gordon Blvd is a Female.

Posted by: oops ()
Date: July 23, 2011 07:26AM

The last thing I want is my kids around some nut who wants to play long ranger with a gun. If something happens get my kids the fuck out of danger, don't start some fucking gun battle with bullets ricashaying off shit.

Date: July 23, 2011 08:40AM

@oops - that's the scariest thought in the world, isnt it?

@lmao - I love that ppl think they know my gender.......or race, weight and religion for that matter ;)

@little - dunno why you would lie when calling 911 - all I would do is state the facts as they are. And since I wouldnt know if someone was legally carrying one if I see one, I'm calling 911 if I see one, plain and simple. If they say it's no big deal, then it's no big deal.

Posted by: concern ()
Date: July 24, 2011 07:57AM

Sh.t, I will not go to Great Falls Park if i know you there, WTF take the gun to the park for? how the hell you can Concealed in the park with short and desire T shirt

Posted by: Pho Nough ()
Date: July 24, 2011 09:15AM

So using your logic, GordonBlvd, you would call 911 if you saw a black man on your street, asking for a police unit to be dispatched, just to make sure everything is "OK"...

You're one scared woman.

Posted by: T-Bone ()
Date: July 24, 2011 10:41AM

so honestly Wrote:
> So honestly, I would like to ask a question, if
> you have a licence to cc in virginia, would you
> carry if you had to go into DC, or worked there?
> Would you carry all the time? I thought the
> penalties were to great...
>
> I go for cs gas and a concealed stiletto knife, I
> guess because it would less of a crime in the eyes
> of the law?
>
> I have no problem with people carrying in parks
> when I'm camping, and would dig that shit if a
> bear went mental at night lol

Just WAIT until DC cops FIND that CS tear gas and then SEE what happens,,,

Only women are allowed to carry any kind of self defense weapon that sprays chemicals,,, YMMV

Let's stop jerking off and talk about something pragmatic
Posted by: WinM12 ()
Date: August 29, 2011 11:59PM

I am going to hunt waterfowl on the Potomac around Great Falls. Dont lecture me about killing shit or the topography. Got it. I am struggling to learn the law in re crossing FFX CO land with a firearm in possession etc in order to lawfully pursue etc.

Of course I can't call up the Co!

Since when do those fucking people know their ass from their elbows?

So where do I look up the L-A-W?

Cheers and remember the safety rules.

Oh yeah and open carry sure seems douchy.
Everyone I've personally seen doing it appears to be suffering from a testosterone deficiency, especially that guy who hangs out at the UPS store in Burke.

Posted by: Dampwaffles ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:16AM

I don't even understand the logic behind "gun free zones".

Obviously someone who's intent on doing evil with a firearm isn't going to care about a sign that says "No Guns Allowed"...

You should be allowed to carry your gun concealed everywhere.

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:29PM

remember the bear hazard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments:
bearwarning.jpg

Date: January 01, 2015 01:17AM

Well, I guess I have a lot to say about this post. I've only lived here a couple of years but in my experience that is long enough to know that if you don't carry some type of weapon in Great Falls, Park or otherwise, you are stupid. I've had enough crazy experiences out here to know.

The most important thing I've learned since moving here is not to call the police. They are either too bored to show up or hyper aggressive, young and unable to perform their duties (de-escalate and protect). This is a generalization but it is based on some shitty experiences so I stand by it.

The worst of which was calling the police when I was attacked in Great Falls Park. I called the police, they transfered me to the park ranger and an hour later a tall, very young policeman - not ranger, showed up angry and upset that I would call the police after the park was closed (it was not closed during the incident). I was shocked that he never even asked what happened or why I called; simply barged out of the gate as if I was calling about a broken nail. I suffered through his aggressive harrassment and walked away without a word.

The second time in Great Falls park I had lost a filter on my camera and looked for it too long and ended up in the parking lot with my young son at dark. A car drove up in the parking lot and slowly passed us. My son and I smelled the reek of pot right away. They parked with the engine on and an Arab man came out of the car and approached me from behind. My hands were full of heavy equipment as I tried to get to my car. I ended up handing the keys to the car to my son and telling him to run and lock himself in the car which he did. The Arab man continued to come closer and closer to my back and was whispering creepy things. He came closer and closer and I finally began shouting at him in Arabic about him sinning by treating woman like this which stopped him cold. His friends told him to get back to the car. They turned it off and all three headed back into the park. WTF 3 men are going to do in a park in the pitch dark is beyond me but I don't care. But I honestly know that I came very close to a very dangerous situation with only my basic Arabic perhaps giving me the chance I needed to get in my car and drive off unscathed.

It was after this that I decided never to leave without my gun and my son has pepper spray at all times. My son was terrified enough by the experience that he never leaves the house without his pellet rifle in the car.

There have been two other crazy instances in which I was happy I had my gun and it made a difference. Better safe than sorry. Never pointed it at anyone in 20 years, but you never know.

Another time my dog was attacked in our forested yard by something that, to this day, I cannot identify. My son swears it was a huge werewolf, and it certainly looked like one, but probably was a wolf/coyote mix or something weird. It was as big as a St.Bernard and had my dog in its mouth with my other dogs trying to attack it but it simply looked at them calmly and was walking away. I took out my gun and ran outside and shot into the ground until the mag ran out. This caused it to drop my dog but it simply walked off after giving me a dirty look. Creepy as hell.

The forest, plus the creepy people who visit it, combined with the quality of police are all very good reasons to carry a gun, or at least a taser or pepper spray. I've used my gun 3 times in the forest and have thanked God for it. I've extended that to whenever I leave the house. You cannot count on anyone to help you when you hike or at night driving around even just to the store. Not to mention, coverage is out in most places. If it says do not carry a firearm into the park, I ignore it. I carry. I do it in an inconspicuous manner, but still, I always carry. This is probably more pertinent for women than men.

Remember, law enforcement has no standards when it comes to hiring officers. There are no psych evaluations, emotional capability standards, and these days, no physical standards. You are on your own for the most part because these guys are either sleeping at the firehouse or pulling you over for doing 26 or 24 in a 25mph speed limit - bored out of their minds and ready to escalate, yet never there when really needed.

Take care to manage your own safety in a serious way in the parks; use common sense, be calm and always, always be ready in the parking lot to get into your car asap and lock the doors. Don't stand there like a douche going through your purse or pockets looking for your keys. I've been nabbed a couple of times doing this.

Hope this is helpful.

Posted by: NO BLACKS ALLOWED ()
Date: January 01, 2015 01:21AM

BLACKS AREN"T ALLOWED TO OWN GUNS.

ONLY WHITES CAN OWN GUNS

Posted by: nuk7w ()
Date: January 02, 2015 12:44AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> as long as I DONT SEE YOUR GUN , we dont
> (and really shouldnt) have a problem with it.
>
> it!
>
> have - I'm not gonna go up to you and ask, I'm not
> gonna assume if you are or arent cool - I'm gonna
> let the trained professionals handle
> that..................
Go ahead. I've had that discussion with law enforcement before. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, hippie.

Posted by: Faux Noos ()
Date: January 02, 2015 04:50AM

General Lee Wrote:
> http://www.nps.gov/grfa/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.h
> tm
>
>
> As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows
> people who can legally possess firearms under
> applicable federal, state, and local laws, to
> legally possess firearms in this park.

From that link:
"As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park."

And who was President as of February 22, 2010? Was it George Bush? No? You fucking Republicans are so ignorant. Brainwashed by the rich one percenters, who are the only ones who benefit when Republicans are in office. They tell you Democrats hate the baby Jesus and want your guns to keep you voting Republican, against your real best interest.
Attachments:
1405410989408.jpg

Posted by: Great Falls Combat Zone ()
Date: January 02, 2015 10:12AM

Well, I guess I have a lot to say about this post. I've only lived here a couple of years but in my experience that is long enough to know that if you don't carry some type of weapon in Great Falls, Park or otherwise, you are stupid. I've had enough crazy experiences out here to know.

The most important thing I've learned since moving here is not to call the police. They are either too bored to show up or hyper aggressive, young and unable to perform their duties (de-escalate and protect). This is a generalization but it is based on some shitty experiences so I stand by it.

The worst of which was calling the police when I was attacked in Great Falls Park. I called the police, they transfered me to the park ranger and an hour later a tall, very young policeman - not ranger, showed up angry and upset that I would call the police after the park was closed (it was not closed during the incident). I was shocked that he never even asked what happened or why I called; simply barged out of the gate as if I was calling about a broken nail. I suffered through his aggressive harrassment and walked away without a word.

The second time in Great Falls park I had lost a filter on my camera and looked for it too long and ended up in the parking lot with my young son at dark. A car drove up in the parking lot and slowly passed us. My son and I smelled the reek of pot right away. They parked with the engine on and an Arab man came out of the car and approached me from behind. My hands were full of heavy equipment as I tried to get to my car. I ended up handing the keys to the car to my son and telling him to run and lock himself in the car which he did. The Arab man continued to come closer and closer to my back and was whispering creepy things. He came closer and closer and I finally began shouting at him in Arabic about him sinning by treating woman like this which stopped him cold. His friends told him to get back to the car. They turned it off and all three headed back into the park. WTF 3 men are going to do in a park in the pitch dark is beyond me but I don't care. But I honestly know that I came very close to a very dangerous situation with only my basic Arabic perhaps giving me the chance I needed to get in my car and drive off unscathed.

It was after this that I decided never to leave without my gun and my son has pepper spray at all times. My son was terrified enough by the experience that he never leaves the house without his pellet rifle in the car.

There have been two other crazy instances in which I was happy I had my gun and it made a difference. Better safe than sorry. Never pointed it at anyone in 20 years, but you never know.

Another time my dog was attacked in our forested yard by something that, to this day, I cannot identify. My son swears it was a huge werewolf, and it certainly looked like one, but probably was a wolf/coyote mix or something weird. It was as big as a St.Bernard and had my dog in its mouth with my other dogs trying to attack it but it simply looked at them calmly and was walking away. I took out my gun and ran outside and shot into the ground until the mag ran out. This caused it to drop my dog but it simply walked off after giving me a dirty look. Creepy as hell.

The forest, plus the creepy people who visit it, combined with the quality of police are all very good reasons to carry a gun, or at least a taser or pepper spray. I've used my gun 3 times in the forest and have thanked God for it. I've extended that to whenever I leave the house. You cannot count on anyone to help you when you hike or at night driving around even just to the store. Not to mention, coverage is out in most places. If it says do not carry a firearm into the park, I ignore it. I carry. I do it in an inconspicuous manner, but still, I always carry. This is probably more pertinent for women than men.

Remember, law enforcement has no standards when it comes to hiring officers. There are no psych evaluations, emotional capability standards, and these days, no physical standards. You are on your own for the most part because these guys are either sleeping at the firehouse or pulling you over for doing 26 or 24 in a 25mph speed limit - bored out of their minds and ready to escalate, yet never there when really needed.

Take care to manage your own safety in a serious way in the parks; use common sense, be calm and always, always be ready in the parking lot to get into your car asap and lock the doors. Don't stand there like a douche going through your purse or pockets looking for your keys. I've been nabbed a couple of times doing this.

Hope this is helpful.

Cool stories!

Posted by: Of London ()
Date: January 02, 2015 11:05AM

HikerinGreatFalls Wrote:
> Well, I guess I have a lot to say about this post.
> I've only lived here a couple of years but in my
> experience that is long enough to know that if you
> don't carry some type of weapon in Great Falls,
> Park or otherwise, you are stupid. I've had enough
> crazy experiences out here to know.
>
> The most important thing I've learned since moving
> here is not to call the police. They are either
> too bored to show up or hyper aggressive, young
> and unable to perform their duties (de-escalate
> and protect). This is a generalization but it is
> based on some shitty experiences so I stand by it.
>
>
> The worst of which was calling the police when I
> was attacked in Great Falls Park. I called the
> police, they transfered me to the park ranger and
> an hour later a tall, very young policeman - not
> ranger, showed up angry and upset that I would
> call the police after the park was closed (it was
> not closed during the incident). I was shocked
> that he never even asked what happened or why I
> called; simply barged out of the gate as if I was
> calling about a broken nail. I suffered through
> his aggressive harrassment and walked away without
> a word.
>
> The second time in Great Falls park I had lost a
> filter on my camera and looked for it too long and
> ended up in the parking lot with my young son at
> dark. A car drove up in the parking lot and slowly
> passed us. My son and I smelled the reek of pot
> right away. They parked with the engine on and an
> Arab man came out of the car and approached me
> from behind. My hands were full of heavy equipment
> as I tried to get to my car. I ended up handing
> the keys to the car to my son and telling him to
> run and lock himself in the car which he did. The
> Arab man continued to come closer and closer to my
> back and was whispering creepy things. He came
> closer and closer and I finally began shouting at
> him in Arabic about him sinning by treating woman
> like this which stopped him cold. His friends told
> him to get back to the car. They turned it off and
> all three headed back into the park. WTF 3 men are
> going to do in a park in the pitch dark is beyond
> me but I don't care. But I honestly know that I
> came very close to a very dangerous situation with
> only my basic Arabic perhaps giving me the chance
> I needed to get in my car and drive off unscathed.
>
>
> It was after this that I decided never to leave
> without my gun and my son has pepper spray at all
> times. My son was terrified enough by the
> experience that he never leaves the house without
> his pellet rifle in the car.
>
> There have been two other crazy instances in which
> I was happy I had my gun and it made a difference.
> Better safe than sorry. Never pointed it at anyone
> in 20 years, but you never know.
>
> Another time my dog was attacked in our forested
> yard by something that, to this day, I cannot
> identify. My son swears it was a huge werewolf,
> and it certainly looked like one, but probably was
> a wolf/coyote mix or something weird. It was as
> big as a St.Bernard and had my dog in its mouth
> with my other dogs trying to attack it but it
> simply looked at them calmly and was walking away.
> I took out my gun and ran outside and shot into
> the ground until the mag ran out. This caused it
> to drop my dog but it simply walked off after
> giving me a dirty look. Creepy as hell.
>
> The forest, plus the creepy people who visit it,
> combined with the quality of police are all very
> good reasons to carry a gun, or at least a taser
> or pepper spray. I've used my gun 3 times in the
> forest and have thanked God for it. I've extended
> that to whenever I leave the house. You cannot
> count on anyone to help you when you hike or at
> night driving around even just to the store. Not
> to mention, coverage is out in most places. If it
> says do not carry a firearm into the park, I
> ignore it. I carry. I do it in an inconspicuous
> manner, but still, I always carry. This is
> probably more pertinent for women than men.
>
> Remember, law enforcement has no standards when it
> comes to hiring officers. There are no psych
> evaluations, emotional capability standards, and
> these days, no physical standards. You are on your
> own for the most part because these guys are
> either sleeping at the firehouse or pulling you
> over for doing 26 or 24 in a 25mph speed limit -
> bored out of their minds and ready to escalate,
> yet never there when really needed.
>
> Take care to manage your own safety in a serious
> way in the parks; use common sense, be calm and
> always, always be ready in the parking lot to get
> into your car asap and lock the doors. Don't stand
> there like a douche going through your purse or
> pockets looking for your keys. I've been nabbed a
> couple of times doing this.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

Most convincing open carry argument ever. If werewolves are attacking the family pet in the back yard, hell yeah I'm gonna open carry and will be blowing some werewolf asses away. Better pick up a couple more twelve packs of them silver bullets; wouldn't want to run out mid fight.

Posted by: Aali ()
Date: January 02, 2015 11:11AM

I am writing because I am Arab man in Great Falls park. I approach woman and child to thank them for American support of middle-eastern peoples and to say I love America. I speak slowly and calmly, but woman shriek, spray her son with pepper spray, and then drive away.

I no understand this thing.

Posted by: ViennaMom ()
Date: January 02, 2015 11:13AM

My son was terrified enough by the experience that he never leaves the house without his pellet rifle in the car.

Now THAT'S reassuring...a teenager driving the streets with a pellet rifle in the car...

Posted by: Grizzly Adams ()
Date: January 02, 2015 12:05PM

I carry wherever there's a chance of running into a pack of vicious animals such as wolves or blacks.

Date: January 02, 2015 01:24PM

General Lee Wrote:
> Yes, you can carry there. It's a public place.
>
> I open carry at Manassas Battfield (Also a
> National Park) all the time.

I smoke bud there all the time, doesn't mean I'm allowed to.

Posted by: The neverending saga ()
Date: January 02, 2015 01:59PM

The worst of which was calling the police when I
> was attacked in Great Falls Park.

Attacked by?

Werewolves?
A-rabs?
Feral children?
The blues?
Great Falls residents?

Details please...

Posted by: xFJTJ ()
Date: January 02, 2015 02:06PM

I wanted to go biking on the C&O canal farther up north and it is really deserted up there. There was this old Ford PL sedan with some scary looking people inside following on the road to the parking lot. When I got to the parking lot at the river I just turned around and left since it was completely deserted except for the car behind me.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: January 02, 2015 02:46PM

HikerinGreatFalls Wrote:
> (...Endless Drivel...)

Probably one of the best FFU posts of all time. A perfect illustration of how gun nuts get themselves into trouble constantly, while the rest of us normal folk somehow avoid such problems. Then this endless trouble is used as a reason walk around with a gun like a big, fat monkey.

I've been to Great Falls many a time. I've never had the slightest problem. Wonder how that's possible. :-)

Posted by: Peace, Man ()
Date: January 02, 2015 05:37PM

Damn, Kilton, no one gives you shit because you ride a Harley without mufflers and wear assless chaps! You don't need no gun!

Posted by: The Park belongs to me ()
Date: January 02, 2015 10:22PM

I've used my gun 3 times in the
> forest and have thanked God for it.

That's, like a homosexual metaphor, right?

Posted by: Very Smart Good Natured Guy ()
Date: January 02, 2015 10:47PM

I know a fellow who loves to hike who shares an enjoyment with firearms with me shooting targets, he hikes with Libs from the DC area guys and gals. They go up the Blue Ridge, Old Rag, all kinds of places sometimes camping over night , no booze with this crowd, they are all nature lovers.

He is not a nut at all, a very smart cool headed person who views people for the people they are good or bad and not colors.

He has a CCW and carries a small powerfull pistol in his back pack unknown to his friends. The two women who were killed some years ago up on the Blue Ridge by a maniac is a good reason why.

I asked him what would his lib friends would think of him packing heat on the trail, he said, "they would not like it". That was a great response!

They don't know how lucky they are to have a friend who can look out for them in ways they never could imagine because they are personally either too weak, too P.C, or too liberally brain washed to look out for their own personal safety in the wild and make the choice of dying at the hands of a lunatic as a result rather then protecting themselves with a legal self defense firearm option.

Posted by: Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! ()
Date: January 02, 2015 11:27PM

Of course, the dirty little secret that gun owners forget is that their gun is much more likely to be involved in a suicide than anything else.

The level of paranoia gun owners suffer is truly astounding. Werewolves? Really? We need to look into the connection between gun ownership and mental health, but the NRA keeps blocking these important efforts to study this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/us/to-lower-suicide-rates-new-focus-turns-to-guns.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Posted by: Hell No! ()
Date: January 03, 2015 12:24AM

I feel much safer that some drunk Juan picnic douchbag isn't packing a gun when my family is around.

Posted by: Ya Ya Ya Pal ()
Date: January 03, 2015 12:25AM

Thats why there are bridges all over the place, over roads waters, train tracks, Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, plastic bags and duct tape, whisky and drugs, tall buildings, sleeping pills, ropes and chairs, tree limbs, cars, knives and police , just try pulling a knife on a cop.It goes on and on, If you libs are going to off yourself's theres plenty of ways to do it, without any guns, so don't bullshit us with your anti gun anti self defense tirade.

>The level of paranoia "of liberals" with guns

Is that So .. Fixed it for you as always, Sounds like your well on your way Pal. remember Woodburn is open 24/7 for ya.

Now you want something to fix you up with your fears take a look.
Attachments:
TakeALookCreep.png

Posted by: Guns Don't Kill People ()
Date: January 03, 2015 12:30AM

Very Smart Good Natured Guy Wrote:
> I know a fellow who loves to hike who shares an
> enjoyment with firearms with me shooting targets,
> he hikes with Libs from the DC area guys and gals.
> They go up the Blue Ridge, Old Rag, all kinds of
> places sometimes camping over night , no booze
> with this crowd, they are all nature lovers.
>
> He is not a nut at all, a very smart cool headed
> person who views people for the people they are
> good or bad and not colors.
>
> He has a CCW and carries a small powerfull pistol
> in his back pack unknown to his friends. The two
> women who were killed some years ago up on the
> Blue Ridge by a maniac is a good reason why.
>
> I asked him what would his lib friends would
> think of him packing heat on the trail, he said,
> "they would not like it". That was a great
> response!
>
> They don't know how lucky they are to have a
> friend who can look out for them in ways they
> never could imagine because they are personally
> either too weak, too P.C, or too liberally brain
> washed to look out for their own personal safety
> in the wild and make the choice of dying at the
> hands of a lunatic as a result rather then
> protecting themselves with a legal self defense
> firearm option.

Nice and the chances of the a gun accident are increased by 700% because he has that gun.

But we all know gun don't kill people... right?

Posted by: Libs hates America ()
Date: January 03, 2015 12:32AM

Ya Ya Ya Pal Wrote:
> Thats why there are bridges all over the place,
> over roads waters, train tracks, Golden Gate
> Bridge in San Francisco, plastic bags and duct
> tape, whisky and drugs, tall buildings, sleeping
> pills, ropes and chairs, tree limbs, cars, knives
> and police , just try pulling a knife on a cop.It
> goes on and on, If you libs are going to off
> yourself's theres plenty of ways to do it, without
> any guns, so don't bullshit us with your anti gun
> anti self defense tirade.
>
> >The level of paranoia "of liberals" with guns
>
> Is that So .. Fixed it for you as always, Sounds
> like your well on your way Pal. remember Woodburn
> is open 24/7 for ya.
>
> Now you want something to fix you up with your
> fears take a look.

nice try you faggot lib!

Posted by: Fun with numbers ()
Date: January 03, 2015 02:20AM

Guns Don't Kill People Wrote:
>
> Nice and the chances of the a gun accident are
> increased by 700% because he has that gun.
>
> But we all know gun don't kill people... right?

Yeah, from .0000001 to .0000007. lol

That's why they feed you those dumb stats as percentages. The actual numbers are relatively tiny.

Your lifetime odds of dying from an accidental firearms discharge are 1 in 6,509.

Less than heart disease and cancer (1 in 7), lower respiratory
disease (1 in 29), suicide (1 in 103), motor vehicle incidents (1 in 112), poisoning (1 in 119), falls (1 in 152), as a occupant in a car (1 in 492), as a pedestrian (1 in 723), as a motorcycle rider (1 in 922), by drowning (1 in 1,043), fire or smoke (1 in 1,418), choking from inhalation and ingestion of food (1 in 3,649), on a bicycle (1 in 4,974).

Slightly higher than by heat stroke (1 in 8,321) or in a plane crash (1 in 8,357).

Date: January 03, 2015 06:39AM

Very Smart Good Natured Guy Wrote:
> He has a CCW and carries a small powerfull pistol
> in his back pack unknown to his friends. The two
> women who were killed some years ago up on the
> Blue Ridge by a maniac is a good reason why.

LOL, great story bro!

The reason this (probably fictitious) moron doesn't tell his friends that he's carrying is because he's embarrassed. He knows they would think he's a paranoid nutcase, so he doesn't tell them. Pretty simple really.

Gun nuts always want to have a gun in the woods, because they're scared. When they go out into the wilderness, every little sound scares them -- the breeze rustling the leaves, a squirrel running by, maybe a fox call in the distance. All of these things -- things that the rest of us wouldn't bat an eyelash at -- make a gun nut extremely anxious.

Plus, in Dane Bramage's case. he'd be worried about ISIS storming the Shenandoah mountains. So of course he'd want to be packing heat -- how else would he be able to fight them off? :-)

Posted by: 44-40 ()
Date: January 03, 2015 10:20AM

I want to hear more stories from the gun-totin', Arab-shootin', werewolf-killing scourge of Great Falls...This is better than Death Wish!

Posted by: True Story My Friends ()
Date: January 03, 2015 10:45AM

>The reason this (probably fictitious

No he's a real person who enjoys hiking and does it with his lib friends, and no he does not tell them as some would flip out, others would just be upset.

If a maniac tries to take his fair weather friends out, they will be very happy he was packing, but they probably would never admit it.

Only a "moron" would go into the wild without a firearm today, forget the animals they wont hurt you , criminal people are the problem and they can be anywhere today.

>Nice and the chances of the a gun accident are increased by 700% because he has that gun.

Is That "All You Got" The same tired old hype bullshit over and over and the American people are discovering that , and thats why support for gun control is fading and support for legal CCW carry is gaining all the time.

And its liberal P.C policies that are blocking the guns and mental health issue, dont even try to spin it. Neither the NRA or any sane person wants
mentally ill people like some of you paranoid libs to have guns.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 03, 2015 11:01AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> as long as I DONT SEE YOUR GUN , we dont
> (and really shouldnt) have a problem with it.
>
> it!
>
> have -

That means you do care some. You'll get arrested for filing false police report

Date: January 03, 2015 05:28PM

True Story My Friends Wrote:
> Only a "moron" would go into the wild without a
> firearm today, forget the animals they wont hurt
> you , criminal people are the problem and they can
> be anywhere today.

LOL, thanks for the dose of Gun Nut Paranoia. Always good for a laugh. :-)

Posted by: Great Falls Mommy ()
Date: January 04, 2015 11:27AM

Have there been any Arab/wherewolf/drug-addict sightings or attacks this weekend at Great Falls Park?

When I take my kids there I make sure I keep the doors on my Lexus SUV locked and my Glock cocked!

Date: January 04, 2015 12:26PM

Great Falls Mommy Wrote:
> Have there been any Arab/wherewolf/drug-addict
> sightings or attacks this weekend at Great Falls
> Park?

Surprisingly, I can't find any reports of trouble. :-)

But don't forget that the liberal media is part of a big conspiracy to not report such things. They don't want you to know how dangerous Great Falls is, nor how risky it is to go into the woods in general without a gun. Smart people like Dane Bramage can see right through this -- they understand that the woods are a risky place, what with ISIS and all.

Smart people understand the threats that face us daily. Smart people carry guns!

csYpxzU.jpg

Posted by: Bear Baiting ()
Date: January 04, 2015 06:27PM

Damn, that guy looks like Wolverine!

Well, Wolverine encased in 300-lbs of bullet-deflecting flubber.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.