HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Remey Tomb/Crypt
Posted by: K rona ()
Date: April 30, 2020 08:29PM

I realized though after looking at pics and the drawings that to reach the underground crypt, one had to go through three gates. Maybe that was Remey's security plan until the temple was built that would provide more human presence. You would think he would know that something so elaborate would be vandalized.

The first gate was the drive-up "Entrance" on Remey's drawing (posted back on page 2) that was through the 20 foot high main courtyard wall near the obelisk. There doesn't seem to be any pics of this gate or general area. And no pics of the obelisk before the courtyard walls came down either.

The second gate was between the "Atrium" and "Inner Atrium" on the drawing. This was the archway as seen in the distance in the pic attached below that was taken by someone standing in the "Cruciform Enclosure" area, with the obelisk being at their back. (pics were previously posted and are not mine)

The third and last gate was the actual entrance to the crypt itself. This is the pic below with the human sized hole busted through the brick wall. It's the same entrance that a pic was posted before that has the "91" painted above it after the church tried to block it with dirt. The person taking the pic was standing under the arch that I've called the second gate.

The pathway in the pic leading to the crypt entrance is where "Inner Atrium" is written on Remey's drawing, and the entrance is indicated as "Narthex." The lions were on each side of that pathway.

None of this is probably news for those who have been there. It took me awhile to figure it all out. It would have been something to see it all at night under a full moon with the lions staring at you. Too bad it's no more... the above ground part anyway.
Attachments:
72.JPG
z999.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ben Dere ()
Date: April 30, 2020 09:00PM

There was only one real gate - a big arched iron gate at the entrance. That you have right.

In your second pic above, where the bricked area is with the hole in it, originally there were big doors. You can kind of see that in one of the old news photos when the kids knocked a hold through the bricks to the right of that.

If you look closely, you can also see in the drawn plan the indication of doors there (two curved arrows).

file.php?2,file=14930,filename=Layout21.

Looks in the drawing like there also may have been doors from the Narthex into the Entrance Chamber. Looks like faint trace of two curved arrows there too. They at some point blocked that point off by dumping fill into the vent above and bricking it off inside. There's a pic of a small hole made in the brick/block there somewhere in this thread.

Posted by: Forgot to post the 91 pic ()
Date: April 30, 2020 09:05PM

You can see the top of the same arched entrance in the pic below.

EEXkIs15De889qRRdWVAytvjoj3E1gw2KRhMrg-Q

That's the hole that you see above and behind kids in the pics from the inside. You'd enter through there and then climb down to the floor level. Later they tried to block that off with iron bars, dirt, etc., but people would just bust through it again.

Date: April 30, 2020 10:17PM

Thanks Ben Dere. I had arch in the 91 pic figured out as being the same as the busted through doorway in the second pic I posted (after a long time piecing everything together). I was going to post the diagram of the outside but already posted the underground part in my other post.

What was in the arch in the "gate" before you entered the Inner Atrium that is shown in the first pic I posted? It looks like some metal in there too. It may have been gone though before you were there as the pic seems to be from 73.

Did I get the placement of the cement block wall right in my previous post as it seems you were in the underground part? (I'm jealous)

Date: April 30, 2020 10:34PM

The two rectangles by the Narthex in the diagram must be the lions by the pathway that comes from the Atrium/Inner Atrium archway that is seen in the distance in my first pic. One of the lions is visible by the Inner Atrium pathway in the pic with the hole in doorway.

Date: April 30, 2020 10:41PM

K rona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Ben Dere. I had arch in the 91 pic figured
> out as being the same as the busted through
> doorway in the second pic I posted (after a long
> time piecing everything together). I was going to
> post the diagram of the outside but already posted
> the underground part in my other post.
>
> What was in the arch in the "gate" before you
> entered the Inner Atrium that is shown in the
> first pic I posted? It looks like some metal in
> there too. It may have been gone though before you
> were there as the pic seems to be from 73.

Nothing on the outside where the lions are. Doors on the inside arch that's bricked up with the hole originally I believe. You can kind of see them in better versions of this pic but I can't find any online now.

WashStar1.jpg

This is an interior view of the same "91" pic where you'd crawl through.

h8pwz8HgsRTy-Rtzcm1wKZ-CjmMjUugUqMU3l00m

> Did I get the placement of the cement block wall
> right in my previous post as it seems you were in
> the underground part? (I'm jealous)

I'm not sure which you're talking about. There were several where they'd tried to brick and block things off over the years.

The block wall that I'm talking about would have been at the interior end of the Narthex blocking off everything else inside. I never got beyond that. It was sealed up by then. We never knew that there was anything beyond that. Had we known, that would have been busted through quickly.

It's shown here:

hNdzLsUoYcHvTseUjUsTxTROPnaKqitEuFzAyH7Y

You'd have thought that we would have known that something was different about that cinderblock wall but usually if you were there you were under the influence of something. lol There was a hole not shown in that pic where someone had tried to bust through at some point but all that you saw was dirt that they'd dropped down from above so it wasn't obvious there was more.

This would have been in the late 60s/early 70s.

Date: April 30, 2020 11:39PM

Because I was bored, I made two other posts today immediately before the one about the gates that are back on page 10. One was about the concrete wall and included the same pic of that hallway you just posted.

The attached pic shows the "Entrance to Underground Complex" which is the where the 91 pic is and the hole busted in pic. It also shows the "Entrance to the Inner Atrium," which is archway shown in the far away 73 pic I posted. The person taking the pic of the hole in the doorway would have been standing under the "Entrance to Inner Atrium" arch shown from afar in the 73 pic, which is what I called the second gate.

That's how I came up with the three gates... the main entrance to the courtyard, this archway, and the 91 pic entrance to the crypt itself. I have a feeling the whole Inner Atrium wall and arch were already destroyed before you were there.
Attachments:
1958 Aerial of Remeum Site.jpg

Date: May 01, 2020 12:14AM

K rona Wrote:
> Because I was bored, I made two other posts today
> immediately before the one about the gates that
> are back on page 10. One was about the concrete
> wall and included the same pic of that hallway you
> just posted.
>
> The attached pic shows the "Entrance to
> Underground Complex" which is the where the 91 pic
> is and the hole busted in pic.

That's correct. That's where the 91 pic and entrance to the crypt was.

> It also shows the "Entrance to the Inner Atrium," which is archway
> shown in the far away 73 pic I posted. The person
> taking the pic of the hole in the doorway would
> have been standing under the "Entrance to Inner
> Atrium" arch shown from afar in the 73 pic, which
> is what I called the second gate.
>
> That's how I came up with the three gates... the
> main entrance to the courtyard, this archway, and
> the 91 pic entrance to the crypt itself. I have a
> feeling the whole Inner Atrium wall and arch were
> already destroyed before you were there.

That was all there. You'd use the corner of that wall to drop down into the "courtyard" for lack of any better term around it if you didn't want to walk over to the entrance where the 91 pic is.

My labeling above was wrong.

The Inner Atrium surrounded the area of the entrance. There may have been some iron gate there (as shown by the arrows on the drawing) and thinking more again now I kind of recall one but can't be sure of that.

The entrance to the underground area was at the rear of the Narthex (the 91 pic).

The block wall in the pic above would have been at the rear of the hall between were it says Tombs" at both sides in the drawing.

That makes more sense now. I was starting at the wrong point as the entrance.

Date: May 01, 2020 12:42AM

Thanks for all the info Ben Dere. I wish I could have seen it, but I love putting together diagrams and pics to see things which no longer exist.

It took me a long time to realize that that there were two different archways in the pics I posted about the gates. The main crypt entrance has on each side of it two smaller arches supported by a pillar (as seen best in the newspaper article).

Meanwhile, the Atrium arch has a solid wall with two white squares with artwork on each side of the arch. It's like putting a puzzle together.

This is a better pic of the Atrium arch, (same arch as my "73" pic) when things were already falling apart. The main crypt entrance arch ("91" pic and hole busted in doorway pic) would have been about 40 or so ft beyond this arch. Interesting layout to say the least.
Attachments:
PohickCrypts1.jpg

Date: May 01, 2020 01:04AM

Yes, that was all fairly well maintained when I was first there. Wasn't grown up like in your pic above. The outer areas were in good shape. The only parts that were busted up were inside were people had vandalized things.

There were a set of stairs probably right around where that pic was taken that led to the larger open area with the obelisk at the far end (shown in the fold in the pic below):

file.php?2,file=14929,filename=Layout11.

The whole place was pretty damn cool.

I went back once when working with the county in the early 80s. Pretty grown up by then but not too bad. People had busted up a lot more of the mosaic made with glass tiles and other panels along the walls. Not sure when they buried everything.

Date: May 01, 2020 01:30AM

The pic below of the Inner Atrium would have been taken on top of the Atrium wall (that you probably crawled over) and the crypt entrance would have been just off the right side of the pic. On the last pic I posted, this pic taker would have been sitting on top of the wall to the left of the left most white square on the wall on the left of the arch.

You'll have to find me pics of the big, main entrance gates and also the obelisk surrounded with the big walls. Haha. Would love to see that. Most everything else is pretty well covered with pics in this whole thread. Enough pics to figure out how it looked anyway. The satellite pics from the 50s match exactly the outside fixtures in the drawing. Very cool.
Attachments:
Remey Crypt 002.png

Date: May 01, 2020 01:57AM

Kind of surprised that there aren't pics of the main gate. Kind of a prominent feature. But then most people were there at night. And that was toward the view of the caretaker's place. And we didn't all have have cell phones with us like now.

Posted by: RIP Torn ()
Date: May 01, 2020 05:39PM

The vent shafts are open into the crypt there is alot of trash in them. I was there 2 years ago and went there we had a steel pipe and where able to push it through the trash when it fell through inside we also had a police style flashlight and you could see a little into the darkness I believe it would be possible to get in through vents but would be difficult also you would have to have a rope ladder to climb down. If caught you are going to jail for sure.

Date: May 01, 2020 08:07PM

Interesting about the vents. Were they both open or just the one nearest to the obelisk? My calculations show the one nearest the obelisk would be above the room between the Remey and Mason Chapels, which should be open below. The other vent would be above the concrete block wall at the end of the hallway just before the rotunda.

You wouldn't think the vent above the concrete wall would be clear on the bottom if it actually was used to place dirt between the two walls like was claimed. And I don't think Remey ever wrote how much dirt is on top of the crypt ceiling. Probably 3-4 feet so the flue pipes surrounded by concrete in the vents is probably about six feet.

The vents would be one way in, but it would take a lot of jack hammering, which the church would never allow. The only way anything will ever be solved is for the church to be willing to sell the land to someone. The church's property rights have to be respected at this point.
Attachments:
DSCF2730.JPG

Date: May 01, 2020 08:15PM

I wonder if Remey designed the place so that the obelisk has some special significance, specifically it's shadow on a specific day. I know if I would have designed something like that, I would have had the shadow from the obelisk point toward the crypt entrance on my birthday, or something cool like that. Maybe even point toward a secret entrance. Haha.

Posted by: Rip Torn ()
Date: May 01, 2020 08:40PM

I grew up in Falls Church started going there in 69 was really a kool place to go then people just trashed it. They tried to cover the entrance but people still got in.You know it is a place of history.I found the star on one of my trips there and have it to this day its age is 50 plus yrs.Its probable one of the only things left.
Attachments:
20200417_173540.jpg

Date: May 01, 2020 09:04PM

That's a cool artifact. It looks like some type of door handle or something but the attachment for the circle thing doesn't look strong enough though. And it also looks like some type of occult symbol.

There are probably quite a few people with artifacts around, but anyone else wouldn't have a clue what those things are or where they came from. Like others have said repeatedly, it truly is a shame that all those outside fixtures and artwork was destroyed. What a waste.

Posted by: just_not_right ()
Date: May 02, 2020 07:48AM

So let me get this straight.

You trespassed

You Stole

You vandalized

And you flaunt what you stole with pictures here.

I grew up in the area in the 60s and knew of the place but respected the fact that it was private property and I was not welcome. I

What warped sense of values did you grow up with?

Posted by: Reality strikes ()
Date: May 02, 2020 09:38AM

just_not_right Wrote:
> So let me get this straight.
>
> You trespassed
>
> You Stole
>
> You vandalized
>
> And you flaunt what you stole with pictures here.
>
> I grew up in the area in the 60s and knew of the
> place but respected the fact that it was private
> property and I was not welcome. I
>
> What warped sense of values did you grow up with?

+10000.

That’s exactly what’s wrong with this world today. No respect.

Posted by: respect what? ()
Date: May 02, 2020 01:41PM

just_not_right Wrote:
> So let me get this straight.
>
> You trespassed
>
> You Stole
>
> You vandalized
>
> And you flaunt what you stole with pictures here.
>
> I grew up in the area in the 60s and knew of the
> place but respected the fact that it was private
> property and I was not welcome. I
>
> What warped sense of values did you grow up with?

it is some sand niggers failed cemetery
bulldoze it over and call it a day
it has no worth at all

Posted by: just plainwrong ()
Date: May 03, 2020 10:49AM

respect what? Wrote:
> just_not_right Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So let me get this straight.
> >
> > You trespassed
> >
> > You Stole
> >
> > You vandalized
> >
> > And you flaunt what you stole with pictures
> here.
> >
> > I grew up in the area in the 60s and knew of
> the
> > place but respected the fact that it was
> private
> > property and I was not welcome. I
> >
> > What warped sense of values did you grow up
> with?
>
>
> it is some sand niggers failed cemetery
> bulldoze it over and call it a day
> it has no worth at all

Some could also say your values have no worth at all...

Bet you be upset if someone stole your "Klan Robe"

While you may not have subscribed to his views, desecration of a Cemetery isn't right and destruction of property is wrong.

Posted by: Brody Levesque ()
Date: May 03, 2020 12:57PM

Sunday, May 3, 2020

San Francisco, California

Dear Folks,

I revisited the Fairfax Underground today out of idle curiosity to see if the Remeum thread had been active, at least since I spoke with my journalistic colleague John Kelly at The Washington Post a year ago.
Unsurprisingly it has been active as there remains a keen interest in the story, actually stories- about the place that two generations of Northern Virginia's adolescents labeled ‘The Crypts.’
I see that there remains debate over the complex and since I have devoted nearly 11 years on and off researching, interviewing, and collecting materials about not only the Remeum but the incredible man who built it, Charles Mason Remey; I thought I’d address a couple of points that I noted continue to be raised.
First, yes he did in fact complete the complex. The cinder-block wall that you see in numerous pictures taken by the teens and young adults who have explored or partied in the Remeum’s entrance way or vestibule (narthex) from the atrium is a plug if you will to the complex beyond. In accordance with the settlement and ruling in the lawsuit filed in the United States District Court Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia; (Truro Parish v. Charles Mason Remey- 1968), Remey had appointed his brother-in-law, Rear Admiral John Remey Wadleigh his representative, tasking him with executing the provisions of the final settlement and ruling.
In an interview with the Admiral’s daughter, she told me that she couldn’t remember the reason that her father didn’t block the vestibule (narthex) entrance instead of where he ordered the wall built. But she did in fact remember seeing pictures of the rest of the complex in the late 1950’s or early 1960’s.
Her account and descriptions of the complex meshed with the an interview I had with the demolitions expert who had been hired by Shirley Contracting Corporation to do a feasibility study of an implosion-demo of the complex.
The stories of the ‘crypts’ and the various accounts of what folks remembered are faithful to each other in terms of descriptions of the elements contained within the vestibule (narthex) and in the earlier iterations the outer atrium areas.
Could access be gained now some 35+ years after the final demolition and back-fill? Possibly, but I highly doubt that the vestry of the Pohick Church would allow it. Incredibly enough, even after 3 plus decades the Remeum still remains a very sore subject with the church. That said, there are treasurable sculptures and artifacts that would very much have historic value if unearthed.
The book I have been working on and off for years now. I still am sadly unable to commit to the time it will take at the current moment to sit down and finish writing it. On that note- I was highly unamused in regards to the troll’s efforts to execute a ‘money-beg’ masquerading as me. I’ll reiterate that the book is being written as I get time and that I do not nor ever will require “funding.” I am a working journalist- just ‘google’ me.
I have written only the one book, 'The Sunshine Special, FDR's 1939 Lincoln K Series Presidential Limousine which is only available as a downloadable pdf or for reading at The Benson Ford Research Centre online at The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
As far as the book? I have 15+ linear feet of research materials on the subject gathered over the past 10 years or so, and the truth is that the Remeum really only is about two chapters worth given the larger context of the subject matter which is Remey himself.
For the trolls? Look there will always be the troll contingent on any publicly accessible website and the Fairfax Underground is most certainly no exception to that. I’m am unconcerned about the veracity of what I have written as I’ve done my due diligence and research. I’d also like to thank the various folks who have reached out to me over the years from the FFU who contributed their time and memories of ‘the crypts.’
As far as this thread? I’d love to one day meet Mister Alan Rogers and congratulate him on sparking a fascinating look into an urban legend that was a proverbial onion with so many complex layers.
Be well all

Brody Levesque
Producer, RATED LGBT RADIO, Los Angeles, Calif.
Political Correspondent, The New Civil Rights Magazine/Raw Story, New York, New York
Staff Writer, The Los Angeles Blade, Los Angeles, Calif.
Email: theroadtraveler@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 11:52AM by Brody Levesque.

Posted by: Thanks Brody ()
Date: May 04, 2020 09:26PM

Brody Levesque Wrote:
> Sunday, May 3, 2020
>
> San Francisco, California
>
> Dear Folks,
>
> I revisited the Fairfax Underground today out of
> idle curiosity to see if the Remeum thread had
> been active, at least since I spoke with my
> journalistic colleague John Kelly at The
> Washington Post a year ago...

Any other pictures that aren't here or information that you can post would be great.

In particular, would you have a picture of the main gate?

Posted by: What We Want to Know ()
Date: May 04, 2020 09:54PM

Are details of JFKs SS detail about the "Queen Mary" WE already know all about SS 100 X in fact someone in Virginia has that license plate number see on I 95 in Northern Va one time, they were not fooling anyone here BTW with that tag LOL

FDR's car was similar to the "Queen Mary" but the QM was a caddy that carried a AR-15 in a arms locker even in 1963 wow !

My God ! What a brave man used his real name here on FXU !

PS Can you add the place the SS detail had drinks bragging as bad ass jet setters with their guns and badges and how many drinks did they have the night before JFK was shot and their estimated reaction times the next day at 12:30 Pm as the Lincoln made the turn in front of the Texas School Book Depository

Posted by: Brody Levesque ()
Date: May 05, 2020 11:51AM

May 5, 2020

San Francisco, Calif.

Re: Thanks Brody

First off, you're welcome. I have never run across pictures of the three sets of gates and the doors that were installed at the entrance to the narthex.

That said, based on the architectural renderings, the construction blueprints, and Remey's own written descriptions I can relay the following.

The outer gate set which led to the garden, which included the obelisk was constructed of Iron bars welded together and was not a solid gated entryway. There were two more similar gates. One set at the entrance to the atrium and then one final set to the entrance of the narthex which in fact also had a solid double door set, solidly made of heavy steel with a bronze veneer.

It is entirely possible that pictures do exist- it's just I have yet to encounter them.

To the poster asking about the 1961 Lincoln presidential parade car. My book covered the White House Garage operations from the Theodore Roosevelt administration to the death of FDR with a brief follow-up on the Truman use of the fleet. I know the history of the construction & use of the 61 Lincoln including its rebuild in the aftermath of Dallas, but given that my book was concentrating on the first presidential limousine built to Secret Service requirements expressly for presidential use- that and the highly controversial nature of that particular incident I've opted to not include it or the other limos past the Truman era.

Hope this answered your questions. I'll pop in again at some point.

Be well all

Brody Levesque
Producer, RATED LGBT RADIO, Los Angeles, Calif.
Political Correspondent, The New Civil Rights Magazine/Raw Story, New York, New York
Staff Writer, The Los Angeles Blade, Los Angeles, Calif.
Email: theroadtraveler@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 11:53AM by Brody Levesque.

Date: May 05, 2020 04:11PM

Brody Levesque Wrote:
>
> The outer gate set which led to the garden, which
> included the obelisk was constructed of Iron bars
> welded together and was not a solid gated
> entryway.

Yes, it was a tall iron bar gate. I remember that well.

Basically looked just like something that you'd imagine at the entrance to a cemetery. Arched at the center as I recall it.

Date: May 05, 2020 05:13PM

Forgot to mention...

Looking back through the pictures in the thread, you can see some of the gate positioned at the entrance to the Entrance Chamber. The ornate interior is mostly busted up but can see what it looked like and the frame is in place :

file.php?2,file=206839,filename=crypt1.j.

CRYPT0.JPG

Also looking beyond that the other side of the hole made at the Narthex which has been concreted up.

file.php?2,file=300300,filename=1.jpg

I believe that they may have at some point used some of the metal gate material from some location to try block the entrance hole as shown in the "91" picture from the inside. I remember from at least one visit over the period of time that I was going there being some sort of ornate metal that had been bent and twisted away as you'd go through that hole.

Posted by: Last Red Eyed SS Man ()
Date: May 05, 2020 06:03PM

Hic ! I don't remember how many drinks, it was a bunch we really wowed the Texas barmaids , old man Greer should have stood on the throttle as soon as the first shot went out and swerved, some young hillbilly nicknamed DAJAX was about to be given the job as driver he was as sharp as a razor could handle the car like Richard Petty but he smelled of cheap beer from some dive joint that am and had not shaved

Date: May 05, 2020 09:25PM

Ben Dere Wrote:

> Looking back through the pictures in the thread,
> you can see some of the gate positioned at the
> entrance to the Entrance Chamber. The ornate
> interior is mostly busted up but can see what it
> looked like and the frame is in place :

I never noticed the ornate parts before. The gate is still attached to the wall and the half on the right is swung open. It looks to have a solid post in the middle with parts that swing on both sides. I wonder where the solid doors were as you would think the metal one would come before it, but it doesn't look like anything was attached on the wall in the immediate vicinity.

I also wonder when that brick wall was installed that had been busted through as the Inner Atrium walkway looks to be in great shape as does everything else. Seems to me I read something about when it was installed... something about it being two bricks thick.

And what were those kids trying to bust into in that newspaper article? The arrow in that photo is quite a distance from the entrance (which was between the two lions in the center of the pic). You would think they would have found dirt behind the wall in that area. And the lions seem to be way higher off the ground as compared to the hole in the brick wall pic. And what were all those stone slabs doing laying around in 1956? Everything should have been all done by that time as Remey wrote his "Afterward" paper in 54. A lot of strange things in that photo.

It's strange that there are no photos available of the large interior part that was beyond the cement block wall. Remey didn't even put any in his papers, except the sarcophagus of Gertrude.

Does anyone know in which room was Remey's large sarcophagus seen in a lot of pics? I'm assuming it was in either the Mason or Remey Chapel.

> I believe that they may have at some point used
> some of the metal gate material from some location
> to try block the entrance hole as shown in the
> "91" picture from the inside. I remember from at
> least one visit over the period of time that I was
> going there being some sort of ornate metal that
> had been bent and twisted away as you'd go through
> that hole.

I bet the metal came from the gate in the Atrium archway. In the "73" pic of that arch, it looks like it was the same type of gate as the Entrance chamber, with a post in the middle separating two halves.
Attachments:
crypts 1972.JPG

Date: May 05, 2020 10:34PM

K rona Wrote:
>
> I never noticed the ornate parts before. The gate
> is still attached to the wall and the half on the
> right is swung open. It looks to have a solid post
> in the middle with parts that swing on both sides.
> I wonder where the solid doors were as you would
> think the metal one would come before it, but it
> doesn't look like anything was attached on the
> wall in the immediate vicinity.

Look closely at the top left of that center post. It's attached to the left-hand side gate, not a separate post.

Agree re doors and not seeing any obvious location. Not sure where they would have been.

> I also wonder when that brick wall was installed
> that had been busted through as the Inner Atrium
> walkway looks to be in great shape as does
> everything else. Seems to me I read something
> about when it was installed... something about it
> being two bricks thick.

See the 1973 article below.

> And what were those kids trying to bust into in
> that newspaper article? The arrow in that photo is
> quite a distance from the entrance (which was
> between the two lions in the center of the pic).
> You would think they would have found dirt behind
> the wall in that area. And the lions seem to be
> way higher off the ground as compared to the hole
> in the brick wall pic. And what were all those
> stone slabs doing laying around in 1956?
> Everything should have been all done by that time
> as Remey wrote his "Afterward" paper in 54. A lot
> of strange things in that photo.

Posting again for easy reference.

file.php?2,file=15083,filename=WashStar1.
file.php?2,file=15084,filename=WashStar2

I don't think that the drawing is all that precise. Probably not solid there where there's a slanting going into the Entrance and possibly not slanted at all but rather squared with some form of adjacent walls? Still an odd place for a hole. You'd think if they were going to make one there they would have at least picked under the next closer arch. *shrug*

Posted again for easy reference:

file.php?2,file=16058,filename=hole_loca

No idea about the materials, etc.

> Does anyone know in which room was Remey's large
> sarcophagus seen in a lot of pics? I'm assuming it
> was in either the Mason or Remey Chapel.

I remember seeing it because the death date was blank. Don't recall now exactly where it was.

I believe that the statue of him and his wife was in the center area of the Entrance Chamber just beyond where you crawled through (as also noted in the article below). I also kind of remember that there was a wooden coffin with what were at one time glass walls (broken out when I saw it) in that same area. Or maybe if not an actual coffin maybe one intended for a viewing in that same central area. It says that his and hers were together in a room so I'd guess probably on the Remey side.

It also mentions the 3-brick thick wall that was broken through that you mentioned above so must have been prior to the 1973 date of the article:

file.php?2,file=15085,filename=Article_P.
file.php?2,file=15086,filename=Article_P

They obviously didn't end up leveling the place as stated in the article.

> I bet the metal came from the gate in the Atrium
> archway. In the "73" pic of that arch, it looks
> like it was the same type of gate as the Entrance
> chamber, with a post in the middle separating two
> halves.

Possibly so. 91 would have been long after I was there. 73 would have been about right for later visits.

Where is the "73" pic? Not sure that I've seen that one.

Date: May 05, 2020 10:46PM

Adding pic of Remey sarcophagus to save scrolling back.

file.php?2,file=16902,filename=crypt964.

Date: May 06, 2020 03:28PM

Ben Dere Wrote:
> Possibly so. 91 would have been long after I was
> there. 73 would have been about right for later
> visits.
>
> Where is the "73" pic? Not sure that I've seen
> that one.

This is the 73 pic. I call it that because that's the date on the left side. If I recall, some stores used to print the date that the film was developed on the pic. The filename someone gave the pic (probably whoever took it) is "Crypts 1972" so it was likely taken in 72 and probably late in the year around the holidays the way it looks. It is the only pic that I'm aware the shows the wall around the main courtyard. And it looks like a metal gate can be seen in the Atrium archway.

My understanding is that the complex has looked the same as present day since about 83 or 84, and that the dirt was pushed against the underground entrance in 73 or 74 leaving the small hole to crawl through. Thus, people would have crawled through that hole for about ten years before it finally was covered over.
Attachments:
crypts 1972.JPG

Date: May 06, 2020 03:33PM

Also, that may be the shadow from the obelisk in the lower right corner of that pic, as don't know what else it could be.

Posted by: Wanna-Go-Back ()
Date: May 10, 2020 12:29PM

I went to the crypt in ‘79 to early 80’s and I still have a fascination with the place. I’d give anything to go back there and see if there is a way in. I do remember sneaking through the woods, we heard stories about a caretaker with no legs that had a German Shepard and he would watch out for trespassers. We would sneak in that hole and climb down on the coffin lid. That beheaded sculpture was terrifying, someone had dumped red paint over it so it looked like blood. I remember the vaults but someone had told me they were crematorium vaults which I see was wrong. They were massive! I can still remember every inch of the place and how pitch black it was. I wonder when the last time it was entered? I wonder when I will ever have another chance to go in. What an amazing place!

Posted by: I can answer that one ()
Date: May 10, 2020 01:23PM

Wanna-Go-Back Wrote:
> ...I wonder when I will ever have another chance to go in

Never.

It was a place in time.

Never to be again.

And better that way as a legend.

Posted by: Wanna-Go-Back ()
Date: May 20, 2020 12:07AM

Yes, you are right. Plus some things are better left back in the memories... fun times, great people and the legend of the crypts! :-)

Posted by: elle ()
Date: May 21, 2020 06:23PM

heading there saturday with a few friends to see whatever's left of this place will update later

Posted by: Beware of their Ghosts ()
Date: May 21, 2020 09:23PM

Mr and Mrs Remey
Attachments:
112797922_1435752953.jpg
23223135_131330560927.jpg

Posted by: You've been warned ()
Date: May 22, 2020 12:07PM

elle Wrote:
> heading there saturday with a few friends to see
> whatever's left of this place will update later

If you go watch out for the old church caretaker who watches over the place. It's not like he can catch you as he drags one leg and moves very slowly. Your main concern is that he has about 7 or 8 full size Doberman Pinchers. They don't normally run loose out side. But he has been known to unleash them on trespassers visiting the Crypt.

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: May 22, 2020 04:49PM

Beware of their Ghosts Wrote:

> Mr and Mrs Remey

This story is so sad. A man simply wanted to create a lasting tomb to celebrate his family. And it was destroyed, over and over by vandals. Why?

Posted by: jydtiytdkdydktd ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:13PM

because it is fucking stupid to have a bazillion dollar grave

Date: May 23, 2020 10:25AM

we’re in the woods now, does anyone have the coordinates?

also thank you for the warning about the grounds keeper, but i dont think i’ll have to worry, i have a doberman at home.

Posted by: Mr. Burns ()
Date: May 23, 2020 10:30AM

Smithers, release the hounds!

Date: May 23, 2020 05:34PM

so we walked around the woods for a while, didn’t see anything. we tried going to a coordinates that we found that was supposed to lead to the crypt and it just looped us back around to the church. we looked online later and there were a few sites (idk which ones i wasn’t the one looking at them) and the church completely bulldozed any way inside.

there was no set path leading anywhere around the edge of the woods by the church, so i think the source saying that the site was bulldozed was correct.

Posted by: Not His Name ()
Date: May 23, 2020 11:41PM

>Smithers, release the hounds!

Its DAJAX

Posted by: So Did You ()
Date: May 23, 2020 11:42PM

Think to look at Google Maps on satellite view by chance like ten thousand others on FXU have done

Posted by: If You Did ()
Date: May 23, 2020 11:49PM

You would see its 800 feet directly in line with Pohick Road and Rt 1

Remey Tomb .. And the "hours may differ due to COVID 19 " !

Posted by: Maybe, Probably Not ()
Date: May 24, 2020 06:13AM

elle Wrote:
> so i think the
> source saying that the site was bulldozed was
> correct.

FIFY. So you (cough) went out there, didnt take any pictures and walked in a loop because you didn't think to look at Google Maps? Mkay...

Date: June 14, 2020 07:54PM

I had a little more time to go over some of the photos. Nobody likely cares,but I never noticed how spectacular the Inner Atrium must have been to stand in. I couldn't place where the first pic below (labeled "A") belonged as I knew there were arches with side support columns on either side of the underground entrance because of numerous photos of the entrance.

But there were only two arches and one support column on each side of the underground entrance until where the Inner Atrium wall joined. This pic shows at least five arches.

Then I noticed on Remey's drawing of the Inner Atrium that it indicated one support column (for the arch) on either side of the underground entrance just like the pics show.The drawing also shows five or six columns on the Inner Atrium side walls. Thus, these columns and arches surrounded the entire Inner Atrium area, with a little walkway between the columns and outer walls.

I've tried labeling the different areas depicted in the photos to those on Remey's drawing and hope it's correct. I think I find the outside area more fascinating than the underground part. Especially, when I figure out where Remey put the secret entrance... just kidding... kinda.
Attachments:
Layout21A.jpg
883E.jpg
Remey Crypt 002A.png
FD.jpg
D6.jpg

Posted by: It would suck to be you ()
Date: June 14, 2020 09:26PM

jydtiytdkdydktd Wrote:

> because it is fucking stupid to have a bazillion
> dollar grave

Name calling? I’ll bet your a really nice person. You’re just angry that you’ll end up in a pine box and be quickly forgotten.

Posted by: Testing Testing ()
Date: June 24, 2020 12:16AM

One two
Attachments:
IMG_7338.JPG
IMG_7317.GIF

Posted by: Bride of Chucky ()
Date: June 30, 2020 05:10PM

Here are some new pics that I don't think these have been posted yet.
Attachments:
1981-1.jpg
1981-3.jpg
1981-4.jpg

Posted by: Chinaski ()
Date: July 13, 2020 04:00PM

Went to Edison H.S. in the '70s and visited the crypts several times. Mostly vague stoned and drunken memories. But I believe there were no dogs, it was a tape on a loop. Scary sounding tape, though, and also believed the playback was triggered by motion or sound sensors. We went to party and make ourselves believe in ghosts, but only partying occurred.

Posted by: Brody ()
Date: July 13, 2020 04:18PM

Chinaski Wrote:
> Went to Edison H.S. in the '70s and visited the
> crypts several times. Mostly vague stoned and
> drunken memories. But I believe there were no
> dogs, it was a tape on a loop. Scary sounding
> tape, though, and also believed the playback was
> triggered by motion or sound sensors. We went to
> party and make ourselves believe in ghosts, but
> only partying occurred.

It’s clear you never graduated high school Chinaski. Which fast food establishment employs you these days?

Posted by: Chinaski ()
Date: July 13, 2020 05:35PM

Brody Wrote:
> Chinaski Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Went to Edison H.S. in the '70s and visited the
> > crypts several times. Mostly vague stoned and
> > drunken memories. But I believe there were no
> > dogs, it was a tape on a loop. Scary sounding
> > tape, though, and also believed the playback
> was
> > triggered by motion or sound sensors. We went
> to
> > party and make ourselves believe in ghosts, but
> > only partying occurred.
>
> It’s clear you never graduated high school
> Chinaski. Which fast food establishment employs
> you these days?

Well, now you've hurt my feelings.

Posted by: 2 Cents ()
Date: July 13, 2020 09:28PM

elle Wrote:
> we’re in the woods now, does anyone have the
> coordinates?
>
> also thank you for the warning about the grounds
> keeper, but i dont think i’ll have to worry, i
> have a doberman at home.

Gotta love idiots like this. They cannot use the toilet without their cell phone.

Posted by: The La Ti Da ()
Date: July 14, 2020 04:33PM

Brody,
We miss you, East of the clock not quite the Monster!

Date: July 23, 2020 08:16PM

Bride of Chucky Wrote:
> Here are some new pics that I don't think these
> have been posted yet.

Thanks for these new pics as they helped with my timeline. It seemed clear from all the prior posts that the dirt was pushed up and almost closed the underground entrance in the early 70s (as seen in the pic previously posted with the "91" painted at the entrance) and then it was left that way for about 10 years when it was completely covered as it exists today.

However, that didn't seem to make sense as the Inner Atrium walls appeared to be intact after 1973 and you couldn't push dirt up to the crypt entrance without going through those walls. The pic with the "Mar 73" date on the side likely was taken shortly before crypt entrance was partially closed with dirt and shows the main courtyard walls and everything else still entirely intact.

Meanwhile, a pic taken a few years later in almost the same spot shows the courtyard walls missing from where they were attached to the wall corners. (I first thought that these corners looked shabby due to vandalism until realizing they looked that way because the walls had been torn away). But the Inner Atrium walls also still seemed intact (even though the dirt had supposedly already been pushed to the crypt entrance by that time). Well, one of these new pics shows that they left the Inner Atrium walls intact except for one corner which they partially demolished to push the dirt to the entrance.

Why they didn't completely close the entrance at this time and left it that way allowing people to still enter the underground portion for 10 years baffles me. One person posted that the crew doing the work was scared away and refused to return. This is one part of the timeline that still makes no sense.

So, from these new pics, it's pretty clear that the likely outside destruction timeline is:
Sometime in 1973 (which was about when the "grace period" in the lawsuit ended) the main courtyard walls were demolished, and one corner of the Inner Atrium wall was breached where they entered to push dirt to the crypt entrance. Most of the Inner Atrium wall still remained along with the courtyard corners (that I have circled on the attached pics).

About 10 years later, in the early 80s, all the outside fixtures except the obelisk and two vents were destroyed, the entrance was covered, and it was landscaped as it appears today.

Of note, one of the new pics taken inside the Inner Atrium that looks back toward the obelisk gives a good view of the gate in the Inner Atrium arch that likely was very similar to the gate used at the underground crypt entrance. This gate looks to be undamaged, so it appears that before 1973 everyone had to climb over both the main courtyard wall and Inner Atrium wall before getting to the underground entrance.
Attachments:
crypts 1972a.jpg
PohickCrypts1a.jpg
8454a.jpg
1981-A1.jpg

Date: July 23, 2020 08:56PM

K rona Wrote:

> Of note, one of the new pics taken inside the
> Inner Atrium that looks back toward the obelisk
> gives a good view of the gate in the Inner Atrium
> arch that likely was very similar to the gate used
> at the underground crypt entrance. This gate looks
> to be undamaged, so it appears that before 1973
> everyone had to climb over both the main courtyard
> wall and Inner Atrium wall before getting to the
> underground entrance.

The usual way in then was to drop down the Inner Atrium wall right about at the corner where your red arrow is in the pic below. You'd come through the woods from the direction of Rt 1. The ground was about level with the top of the wall there. Someone had tied a thick rope in that corner that you could use to kind of rappel down and then back up when leaving.

file.php?2,file=421609,filename=8454a.jp

Date: July 24, 2020 01:07AM

Ben Dere Wrote:
>
> The usual way in then was to drop down the Inner
> Atrium wall right about at the corner where your
> red arrow is in the pic below. You'd come through
> the woods from the direction of Rt 1. The ground
> was about level with the top of the wall there.
> Someone had tied a thick rope in that corner that
> you could use to kind of rappel down and then back
> up when leaving.

Yeah, I noticed that area at ground level was a weak spot in the security of the entire complex where one could avoid both walls and just use a rope. One would think Remey was smart enough to know that, but the temple he planned to build above the underground portion likely was his plan to stop intruders there.

I forgot to repost the new pic where they entered through a part of the Inner Atrium wall to push the dirt to the entrance in the early 70s. Why they took down the main courtyard walls, but left the Inner Atrium walls standing is beyond me. And you would think the main purpose of all this was to seal off the underground portion so people couldn't enter anymore, but they didn't even do that. All they had to do was make a couple more passes with the dozer and pile up another 10 feet of dirt.... but they didn't. Doesn't make any sense.
Attachments:
1981-3A.jpg
PohickCrypts3.jpg

Date: July 25, 2020 01:47AM

K rona Wrote:
>
> Yeah, I noticed that area at ground level was a
> weak spot in the security of the entire complex
> where one could avoid both walls and just use a
> rope. One would think Remey was smart enough to
> know that, but the temple he planned to build
> above the underground portion likely was his plan
> to stop intruders there.

None of it really was built to stop intruders. Yeah, walls and a few gates here and there but it was all architectural/ornamental. I doubt that there was much if any anticipation of the attraction for kids or for security in the design.

Posted by: BUMPERREPMUB ()
Date: November 04, 2020 11:40AM

BUMP

Any security from the church anymore?

Posted by: Lou Reed ()
Date: December 31, 2020 06:35PM

Any updates on the site?
Pics from ten years ago appear to be digging towards the door.
Reminds me of the old Greek caqs and structures from the classic era, all defaced and in ruins. Probably met the same fate as this place.

Posted by: PewPew ()
Date: January 01, 2021 07:22PM

Interesting read...thanks, all.

Posted by: Nina ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:38AM

I wonder if the church has plans to uncover the remains for future generations to witness and possibly convert it into a museum? (In the future, that’s why they’re preserving it for now)

Posted by: Tab ()
Date: June 14, 2021 10:55PM

Nina Wrote:
> I wonder if the church has plans to uncover the
> remains for future generations to witness and
> possibly convert it into a museum? (In the future,
> that’s why they’re preserving it for now)

The chances are nil.The church seems to want nothing to do with it and wants it forgotten as Remey's religion was not to their liking. And accounts indicate that cremated remains were desecrated and scattered about so it's a burial site. The only way something would happen is if the church sold the land, which is not likely to happen.

Posted by: John Threadwhistle ()
Date: October 30, 2021 07:44PM

I think I have figured out a new way in. Who is up for a Halloween meet up / exploration?

Posted by: UrbanXr ()
Date: October 30, 2021 08:51PM

No gay stuff, right?

Posted by: Jeff Wyatt ()
Date: December 14, 2021 02:29AM

the last time I remeber entering the crypts underground portion was late 1981 or early 1982. My family moved to Springfield in 1973 and had skulked about as kids...the old Nike "rings of fire" silos...crypts, portions of the Lorton Prison facility that were rich with Civil war and revolutionary war relics, etc.

Briefly I worked at the NPS office of the National Register of Historic Places on a document collection archival stablization project and ended up manning the Public Information Outreach desk. I would answer requests for copies of registries and had to read them and redact location information on sites deemed sensitive mostly Native archaelogical sites. I remember being amazed the the listing document for the Pohick church did not mention the "crypts" which I knew existed having been in them right up to their demo/burial. I had always been angered that people had desecrated this site out of ignorance and stupidity. This is a cool remebrance of an amzing tribute to this mans family. While still working that position the post WW2 sites came eligible and were submitted and it amazed me and a good friend who was the historian assigned to review Virginia assest as the submissions were approved for inclusion by the Virginia State Historic Preservation Office.

I have been to the site and entered the Remeum probably 1/2 a dozen times and it was definitely an eerie place made worse by the bikers who frequented the site. If you are from the area you know the club I am referring to. A shame this has not been submitted to the Register or if it was for some odd reason it was rejected. From the pictures, blueprints, and historic information revealed in this forum I would think a successful submission could be filed. I taught NHPA responsibilities to Federal Historic Preservation officers and would be glad to work with anyone who wants to file the 10-300 Nomination form for inclusion in the registry.

Posted by: Humble Adventurer ()
Date: December 29, 2021 09:41PM

Bumping this thread as it is the only amazing thread of historical significance on this bastard website

Posted by: cebolla marrón ()
Date: December 29, 2021 10:02PM

How are your bowels?

Posted by: 45yh4556u545 ()
Date: December 29, 2021 10:23PM

Gerrymanderer2 (G2, the OP original poster or spammer just above, perhaps both) posts several lies on ffu daily - many think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising". He floods ffu with useless posts to bump down major news, demoralize americans. G2 posts fecal matter, mutilated bodies, child porn, foreign drug ads and sneaker ads, tells people to kill themselves and government should seize them and put them on psych pills in prison without a trial - decided by DNC democrats gov workers, promotes kangaroo courthouse trials, gives anti-religious rants, gives satanic ritual rants, posts black males with large dicks on white young females, portends white low birth rate and fall of USA whites, suggestive of food tampering/poisoning to solve the white problem, and anything possible to demoralize any americans on ffu - all of which are fake news he never responds to proofs it is fake. (perhaps g2 is a chinese prisoner or isis member - but definitely knowledgeable of fx co gov from the inside at times). The website operator has told him "not to post or return" (in an existing post by the sysop): not because of a political leaning but for continual illegal and gross spam along with messages that are only to demoralize if not kill others. G2 plays at financial terrorism as well; continually reporting fake and false financial data. G2 fakes emergency pleas to deaden the real response to any real one - like a devil. G2 continually spams FFU - which all users complain of: it is a real DoS attack - the attacks are not just topic bumps but designed to inject key words to kill ffu and google search results. G2 continually promotes drug use, alcoholic experimentation, and tries to convince members to meet hookers using photos from the 1990's (i doubt any that did are not arrested or dead). G2 continually posts racist posts and gay posts egging others to comment - then attacks who does - AND RECORDS IT (likely for political extortion). G2 and dems MONITOR AND RECORD* "conservatives who blast out these democrat lies and illegal abuse of telephone privilege (sometimes in a raw manner, being so jaded by the job)" (users who object to G2's actions listed so far). One ffu member discovered a south american country recording FFU databasing all posts in a non-chat database format - and when questioned - another member quickly said it was all coincidence and that this was done everywhere in the world on all sites: WHICH IS A LIE. Not all countries record the every word of what fairfaxians say on blogs. Extortion is also mentioned by G2. And the idea he's fishing for comments he can use against anyone who'd run for office is "just assume he's in that business" - and i've warned others that is what he fishes for - excuses to attack conservatives and or to extort them.

SOME POSTERS ON FFU FEEL G2 IS A JOKER: I ASSURE YOU THE ABOVE COMPLAINTS ARE GENUINELY A THREAT TO ONLOOKERS (THE UN-INTIATED), NON-DEMOCRATS, AND TO ANYONE STATING THAT LAWS SHOULD BE IMPOSED ON DEMOCRATS EQUALLY AS DEMOCRATS IMPOSE THEM ON OTHERS: MONEY

LEGAL NOTICE: DEMOCRATS HAVE `SWATTED' THE HOMES OF SOME FFU POSTS WHO REFUTE G2 AND CALL DEMS OUT ON THEFT AND LIES - AND EXPOSE THE LAWS THEY COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR BREACH OF TRUST. THAT'S A CONFIRMED WITNESSED FACT. IT IS NO JOKE WHAT G2 IS DOING. HIS CONTINUAL FISHING IS NOT IDLE - THEY ARE TRIGGERED AND ARMED. which i've warned others about since, about 2010 - that G2 is fishing for men to "erase" politically, by any means available to him

G2 has now been wimpering that anti-G2 posts are "unfair" and that users who protest G2 should be blocked, SWATTED (see above), and forced on medications (see above), and that "someone else is G2". However - do not let the vicious foreign attacker fool you into your death our out of your community: G2 has been active since exactly the beginning of 2017 "hillary has already won the election" set of lies and has only DOUBLED spam recently - yes the suicide taunting of others, false information, and all else listed above. He is not wimpering for help he has doubled the spam and vicious attacks (or they, communist/facist using federal money. I pinned him correctly when I began this warning post.

GO BACK TO HELL G2. YOU ARE EXPOSED.

DROP DEAD G2

Posted by: Milling Through History ()
Date: January 30, 2022 11:21PM

Posted by: Amazondotcom ()
Date: January 30, 2022 11:24PM

AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM AMAZON.COM

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: May 05, 2022 06:03PM

Skipped school with friends and scaled the brick walls back in 1973. Lived across the Hwy. from the church. We saw that there was damage, mostly where firepits had been burned on party nights and graffiti on some walls. Past the lions into the inner atrium, which was pretty incredible to be in, there was broken glass but it looked like it was from a glass sided coffin and not bottles, and more graffiti. Walked further, to the left was a room for storage. the opposite side of the inner atrium, we were told, was the entrance to an underground cathedral. That's what we really wanted to see then. I remember there was an entrance to something in that room but it was partially caved in and we did not attempt entry. Back outside in the archway aisles we looked at the names and dates of the wall burial plaques. I remember Philip Chauncey Mason who died of scurvy, I think in the 1700's. The place was HUGE. There were 3 tall towers we were told were crematory stacks. IDK. Then there was the screaming. From the priest who found us. As we scrambled UP the wall to get out I said the priest, "but we can help you clean things up. We didn't break anything." He wasn't having it.

Posted by: Steven Gillam ()
Date: June 23, 2022 11:00AM

I would like to do a show on this Crypt it would get millions on hits on Youtube and its great new old history.

Steven Gillam

Posted by: FFXroamer ()
Date: August 09, 2022 09:04PM

I’m here I’m August of 2022 and I still hear stories about this place. Please if anyone sees this message please let me know if any of this is still accessible.

Posted by: Crypt Keepa ()
Date: August 09, 2022 09:17PM

You meddling kids need to stay away, or else!

Posted by: Sean M ()
Date: March 03, 2024 03:55PM

Hello everyone. I am a resident of those homes that were built and explored the back there. Currently there is not much left besides two small tomb structures. If anyone has more info I am very interested. I explored a bit more back there and there really is no remnants left. But if anyone wants to check back there again let me know as I have a home in the fence behind my residence and would gladly let you go back there.

Date: March 03, 2024 04:06PM

Oh yeah PS-
There is no security that I know of. Went back there a couple times and no one goes there considering there is currently a bunch of overgrowth.

Date: March 19, 2024 11:32PM

In a further update, I can confirm the vents talked about previously are still there. I’ve gone back there quite a bit and no security as from
The church to the vents is overgrown.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All
Current Page: 11 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.