HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011AllNext
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Remey Tomb/Crypt
Posted by: confused ()
Date: March 04, 2017 01:38PM

what the f are you talking about

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Remey Family ()
Date: March 04, 2017 02:55PM

confused Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what the f are you talking about

The fact that they were co-owners of two great restaurants - Arthur Treacher's and 3 Chefs (in Fairfax Circle and Annandale, respectively).

Posted by: TtGje ()
Date: March 04, 2017 03:35PM

Hmmmmm Troll Or crack head on the site.

Posted by: True Facts ()
Date: March 04, 2017 03:38PM

It's true. They were great patrons of local eateries. There are inscriptions related to Arthur Treacher's in the tomb itself. Also they had a minority stake in Timeout and Timeout II over at springfield mall.

Posted by: vdeym ()
Date: March 06, 2017 03:59PM

What a crock of shit.

Posted by: Fatherfax ()
Date: June 06, 2017 09:31AM

bump

Posted by: His story ()
Date: August 22, 2017 04:44PM

Bump

Posted by: Pudding Tame ()
Date: August 22, 2017 05:28PM

Kiss me Brody!
Attachments:
original.jpg

Posted by: buump ()
Date: September 07, 2017 10:03AM

BUMP

Posted by: H. H. Holmes ()
Date: September 07, 2017 11:19AM

When shall we expect the release of the book?

Posted by: BUMPITY BUMP BUMP ()
Date: September 20, 2017 02:19PM

Take me to the top bam boomie oh

Posted by: Preston ()
Date: September 22, 2017 07:13PM

I used to visit the Remey Tomb in 1972-73 with my sister and a friend of hers. We were fascinated, and terrified at the same time, by the place. But mainly we were heartbroken at its ruin. We love old cemeteries and were saddened by the lack of respect it was given over the years. I am attaching the photos we took in those days. I apologize for their poor quality.

A story we'd heard was that the obelisk was the most haunted part of the mausoleum, and true to local lore, none of the photos I ever took of it ever came out.
Attachments:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Posted by: Thanks ()
Date: September 22, 2017 07:23PM

Wow.Some new pictures .I started going there in 72-73 sophomore year in high school.
I've researched the place on and off but haven't seen these.I felt the vibe of obelisk as well.My most enduring memory of this place was sitting on the bench in the courtyard on a night of a big moon with the obelisk in the moonlight.

Posted by: Preston ()
Date: September 22, 2017 07:50PM

I just had a thought about the place and googled, finding this site. The photos have never been posted anywhere. Interesting you felt that about the obelisk. It was really the most disturbing part of the entire place for me. Perhaps it is also the desolation, and the vandalism, that does it. I went by some years ago and was very sad to find it had all been demolished.

Posted by: Obelisk? ()
Date: September 22, 2017 07:57PM

Last time I was there, almost everything was gone but the obelisk remained although it was in the middle of fairly dense woods.

Posted by: HoDu ()
Date: September 23, 2017 05:24PM

Actually. it's all still there. It's just buried. Not very well.

Posted by: Steve B ()
Date: October 24, 2017 06:58PM

I have come into possession of what may be the last remaining art piece destined for the Remeum. A sarcophagus of Elisa Remey, carved in Italy, commissioned by Charles Remey. Anyone interested - contact me at Hangingtenranch@yahoo.com
Attachments:
IMG_3237.JPG

Posted by: Jim Speckbrock ()
Date: November 02, 2017 11:27PM

I served aboard the USS Remey DD688 in 1956-58. The ship was built in Bath, Maine in 1944 and decommissioned in 1963. I believe it was named after George Remey, an admiral in the US Navy. A sister ship, the USS Wadleigh DD689 was named after an in-law of the Remey family. I wonder of any connection of this crypt and the namesake of the USS Remey?

Posted by: Olde guy ()
Date: November 03, 2017 10:12AM

When we were kids visiting the Remeum I remember a stone carved panel depicting a naval ship cutting through the waves.
It's the same family as the admiral.

Posted by: Steve B ()
Date: November 08, 2017 01:12PM

The admiral was the son of Eliza Howland Remey - sarcophagus of her above.

Posted by: HoDu ()
Date: November 08, 2017 02:15PM

Rear Admiral George Collier Remey was born in Iowa in 1841, and served in the Civil War and the Spanish-American War. After action in the Boxer Rebellion in China, by 1910 he lived in Washington, D.C. in Dupont Circle.

He was the father of Charles Mason Remey, the Hand of the Cause who built the Remeum between 1937-1958, who was born in 1874 and died in 1974.

The admiral died in D.C. in 1928. His house is at 1527 New Hampshire Avenue and has an interesting history:
http://www.ipsonet.org/about-us/offices-tour

Posted by: Jeffrey Johnson ()
Date: November 09, 2017 01:59PM

And now a bit of shameless self-promotion: I'm a fiction writer and I wrote a short story based on Mason Remey and the Remium. I explored the place in either the Fall of 1979 or 1980, and I was never able to get it out of my mind. I finally wrote a fictionalized account a few years ago and it's in my recent story collection, OTHER FINE GIFTS. The story is called "A Story of Hope, Profanity and Illusion." Most of the other stories in the book take place in the Northern Virginia/DC area.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Other-Fine-Gifts-Jeffrey-Johnson/dp/0692947833/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Re: Remey Tomb/Crypt - Iwo Jima Statue on site?
Date: February 01, 2018 05:38PM

Apparently, Remey commissioned Iwo Jima sculptor, Felix de Weldon to do sculptures for the Remereum. The bas-relief plaques of American history scenes that are often sshown in the Remereum rubble are by De Weldon. I also have a photo from De Weldon's archives that shows a white marble Iwo Jima statue on what looks like the site. Has anyone else heard of this! Thanks in advance for your replies! rodney@usselect.com

Posted by: Olde Cryptanalysist ()
Date: February 01, 2018 10:12PM

I saw the bas- relief panels,one of which depicted a warship cutting through the waves.
Never knew such a renowned sculptor was at work.

Posted by: Cryptophile ()
Date: February 11, 2018 01:29PM

Are all the crypt visitors gone?
What happened to the book by Brody?
Are all of the above in crypts of their own?

Posted by: Sam Owen ()
Date: February 11, 2018 10:06PM

There's no book.
There ain't no good reason.
There ain't no bad reason.
There's only Brody and me, and we just disagree.

Posted by: 2x4 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 12:13PM

The book was just a ruse created by Brody to get people to send him information and pictures so he could satisfy his curiosity. There will be no book. Sorry folks :(

Posted by: GotCha ()
Date: February 19, 2018 01:39PM

One of the longest-running hilarious jokes on FFXU is the "crypts". A few distributed faked photos distributed to a few places on the Internet, and a couple of seed stories planted to go with them. It goes viral, with a bunch of people making up childhood memories, contributing more faked photos, all of which gets recirulated and piled on and on ...and pretty soon there are SO MANY people believing in the existence of the crypts!

It's astounding that it took this long for people to realize the whole thing was a hoax. Probably an Internet record!

I wonder though, if the "I'm writing a book" gambit is what ultimately killed it. Perhaps it could have gone on for several more decades...

People on the Internet will believe ANYTHING if you repeat it enough.
Okay, even without the Internet, they will believe it!

Posted by: GotCha ()
Date: February 19, 2018 01:41PM

Too bad we never got as far as connecting the "crypts" to the "secret tunnels" that run from D.C. to various places (in this case, the branch that goes via Fort Belvoir to Mount Pony).

Posted by: U R stupid ()
Date: February 19, 2018 01:52PM

The people who supposedly faked the "crypts" were very thorough.
They even went back in time and falsified the Washington Post articles about it. Also faked the records of the Pohick Church.
They even built a life-sized "hoax crypt" to support their fraud.
Thanks for clearing up this extremely well executed hoax for us.

Posted by: P7MXM ()
Date: February 20, 2018 02:00AM

Supposed photographs are faked. Fake WaPo article.
Fake fake fake.

Posted by: Very Very Very stooopit ()
Date: February 20, 2018 06:50AM

Is it drugs, mental retardation,or genetic factors which afflict you? Too much Infowars conspiracy theories?
I've always wondered how nutcases like yourself develop.

Posted by: MPVK3 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 09:55PM

Very Very Very stooopit Wrote:
> Is it drugs, mental retardation,or genetic factors
> which afflict you? Too much Infowars conspiracy theories?
> I've always wondered how nutcases like yourself develop.

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing about you, on the same topic!

Posted by: Wise words ()
Date: February 21, 2018 06:17AM

Favorite saying:
"If one argues with an idiot,no one will know who the idiot is."

Posted by: Desecration ()
Date: February 21, 2018 10:12AM

The extent of the vandalism over the years is described here

https://fxgs.org/cemeteryRecords.php?cid=214

Posted by: Tunnel Rat ()
Date: February 21, 2018 02:58PM

I am gonna dig my way into this sum ov a bitch if it kills me. I want to see the inside. Perhaps there are still some living things in there. Or it will be like the pit of snakes from raiders of the lost ark.

Posted by: Tony Soprano ()
Date: February 21, 2018 03:01PM

Mr. Remeum seems like a very arrogant man to have spent his entire life savings making monuments of him and his families "accomplishments". Don't get me wrong, it is cool what he did and I like massive beautiful structures, but it seems stupid the way he had no security and tried to pull a fast one on the Pohick church not disclosing plans to raise the structure higher than the Pohick church. By the way, I visited the Pohick church recently, pretty frickin' lame place. Historical signifigance, sure I guess. Whatever.

Posted by: masa ()
Date: April 16, 2018 11:32PM

so no digging? bummer.

Posted by: bjiva ()
Date: April 27, 2018 04:34PM

anybody been out there latly ???????

Posted by: Bump in the night ()
Date: April 29, 2018 08:59PM

I finally got in this crypt and it's full of dead threads.
There are memorials to
Lambe center
W en cee
Arthur Treachers
Eisenhower connector
It just goes on and on.

Posted by: Pohick Church ()
Date: August 13, 2018 08:46PM

BUMP IT UP

Posted by: Pohick Flock ()
Date: August 13, 2018 08:48PM

Bump

Posted by: Incorrect troll is incorrect ()
Date: August 13, 2018 09:43PM

GotCha Wrote:
> One of the longest-running hilarious jokes on FFXU
> is the "crypts". A few distributed faked photos
> distributed to a few places on the Internet, and a
> couple of seed stories planted to go with them.
> It goes viral, with a bunch of people making up
> childhood memories, contributing more faked
> photos, all of which gets recirulated and piled on
> and on ...and pretty soon there are SO MANY
> people believing in the existence of the crypts!
>
> It's astounding that it took this long for people
> to realize the whole thing was a hoax. Probably
> an Internet record!
>
> I wonder though, if the "I'm writing a book"
> gambit is what ultimately killed it. Perhaps it
> could have gone on for several more decades...
>
> People on the Internet will believe ANYTHING if
> you repeat it enough.
> Okay, even without the Internet, they will believe
> it!

Wrong, my friends father used to go there while he was in high school early 70s. He said there wasnt much to see, just a creepy old crypt.

Posted by: Mason's Neck Son ()
Date: August 15, 2018 07:22AM

The Crypts are definitely real. I've lived near them for almost 50 year and I know much about them. Ask a Pohick Church leader about them and a black cloud will form behind them before they dismiss you..

Posted by: Denizen of Snowden ()
Date: August 15, 2018 01:55PM

Maybe, the Brody guy might rise again with updated detail following this recent rehash? It's all still kind of cool.

Posted by: Does Brody really exist? ()
Date: August 25, 2018 07:31PM

I'm beginning to believe that this so called "Brody" is just part of the crypt hoax.
Haven't seen any books being published.
Maybe he was employed by some government hoax department that ran out of funding.

Posted by: Brody 666 Bruce Lie ()
Date: August 25, 2018 08:03PM

Posted by: Where is he ()
Date: August 26, 2018 11:16PM

Brody Levesque... any updates??

Posted by: A Pohick Chick ()
Date: August 27, 2018 05:04PM

We've seen a guy in a pink dress and feather boa skipping down a dirt road out in Masons Neck. Is that this Brody guy? He don't look like he can read, much less write a book about some fake ass vodoo place

Posted by: They are Real ()
Date: August 27, 2018 08:50PM

I know first hand they were real. Maybe the Brody guy figured a book about it wasn’t worth his time. I mean it’s nothing exciting, relax people.

Posted by: JF9KU ()
Date: August 27, 2018 09:38PM

I recall, long long ago, Brody giving his swan song on the forum and explaining why after all the work he did, he probably wasn't going to write the book after all. I forget the reason. He did write some other book; I think it was a gay thing (no kidding), forgot all details. There is a SEARCH function that I am sure would find all this. Which I am also obviously too lazy to use...

Posted by: FYN ()
Date: August 27, 2018 10:18PM

The Brody guy provided good information about the place. A lot that I didn't know even though I grew up nearby and was there many times. Some clueless fucktard who thinks that it's a "hoax" believes that he's owned a response? Well, here's your response. Fuck you newb.

Posted by: Some Fucktard ()
Date: August 28, 2018 03:59AM

FYN Wrote:
> Some clueless fucktard who thinks that it's a "hoax"
> believes that he's owned a response?

I didn't ask for a response, although I think it's hilarious
that you didn't see the humor in my posts and got all upset~
You missed the crazy references to classic FFUXU memes though.
Probably from way before your time. You also don't realize that
quite a few of the informative posts about the Crypts were written by me.
I am one of the oldest posters on the site but the last time
I bothered using one of my registered names here was 11 years ago.

Meanwhile, your nocturnal emissions of hate don't add anything at all.
It's so sad how far FFXU has deteriorated; it's mostly people like you.

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: September 01, 2018 07:34PM

crypts are real. the book was a hoax though. you guys got trolled for years.

it's a cool story, and one of the few decent threads on here anymore.

Posted by: Rick Serdavong ()
Date: November 05, 2018 03:39PM

So there is a real guy named Brody Levesque. I contacted him and spoke with him. He's a Chief Political Correspondent for The New Civil Rights Movement and he did write a book about early U.S. presidential automotive transportation and he is a super nice guy, but he ain't the same guy that posted on this Fairfax Underground thread promising everybody a book and taking their hard earned money and giving them false hope.

Yeah, I'm one of the idiots that actually believed in him. I'm embarrased to say this, but I gave him close to $8,000 in donations for his "research". I was so fascinated by the whole story of Charles Mason Remey and the tombs and I offered my support in any way possible. I wanted to help him convince the church to open up the tombs and he told me that he was very close to working out a deal and that he needed funding to make it happen. He also promised that I could see a return on that money in the form of profits from ticket sales to the tombs.

I knew there was something wrong when he declined to meet me in person to discuss the details of the deal. He also told me to mail him cash via FedEx which I know is so stupid of me, but I did it because I didn't want to upset him and I believed him when he said the church only would accept a cash deal under the table. I really feel like I've been taken for a ride and sold a pack of lies. Who else gave this person money? I know of at least 2 other people that I've met through FFX underground that also fell for this. I'm sure there are plenty more who are afraid to come out because of the embarrassment he caused us.

Is there any way to track this guy down? I really would like to get my money back and everybody else's money too, but I have a feeling he's long gone...

Posted by: Greg Fucker ()
Date: November 05, 2018 08:17PM

Wow, if hat you say is true this could be a huge bombshell. I’m interested to know what happens in this case. Have you contacted the police?

Posted by: Brody ()
Date: November 05, 2018 10:06PM

Rick,

I shouldn’t be the one to pour salt on your wounds, but you totally deserve it. What the fuck were you thinking? If you ever donate money to someone or some organization you always do it in the form of a check and you report it on your tax return. You sent cash to a stranger on the internet? There’s no way you can get your money back. Even if you could track this guy down, you don’t have any proof you ever gave it away! And no court of law would even hear your case because you don’t have any formal contract. Police will laugh in your fat, Caucasian face if you tell them this story.
You deserve what you got you fucktard. Have fun cleaning up the blood from your ripped wide open virgin asshole

Date: November 06, 2018 11:26AM

Brody Wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I shouldn’t be the one to pour salt on your
> wounds, but you totally deserve it. What the fuck
> were you thinking? If you ever donate money to
> someone or some organization you always do it in
> the form of a check and you report it on your tax
> return. You sent cash to a stranger on the
> internet? There’s no way you can get your money
> back. Even if you could track this guy down, you
> don’t have any proof you ever gave it away! And
> no court of law would even hear your case because
> you don’t have any formal contract. Police will
> laugh in your fat, Caucasian face if you tell them
> this story.
> You deserve what you got you fucktard. Have fun
> cleaning up the blood from your ripped wide open
> virgin asshole

I agree that I was stupid to give him cash, but I didn't deserve to get what I got. I genuinely believed in his cause and I thought since he was a public figure that I didn't have anything to worry about. I realize that I will probably never get my money back, but it doesn't mean I can't try. And no, I do not want to get the police involved. I know they cannot help me. I have a private investigator working for me.

What I am asking is for any other Fairfax Underground folks who may know anything about this person to step forward with any information they have. Even if you don't think it's of any significance. Any private communication you may have had with him would be most beneficial.

I am offering $200 to each person who steps forward with credible and reliable information that leads up to identification of the individual who posed as Brody Levesque here on Fairfax Underground.

Please email your tips and information to me at phoenix@alivegroup.online
Be sure to include your full name and a brief description of your correspondence with him and the dates. Payments will be made via Paypal only so please use a valid Paypal verified email.

Thank you,
Rick

Posted by: Anything else? ()
Date: November 06, 2018 12:31PM

Should we also give you our bank account information and social security number so that you can deposit the money in our account?
I've got to hand it to you.
A scam that claims to bring justice to the victims of a previous nonexistent scam
Are you that Nigerian prince that wanted to deposit a million dollars in my account but only required a small $1000 payment from me for "transfer fees" ?

Brody Levesque and Carey
Posted by: RemeyFan ()
Date: November 06, 2018 12:59PM

The last I heard about Brody Levesque was that he simply gave up
on writing the Remey book because his other projects and full-time
job took all his time. (And it didn't seem like the book was worth
writing for the amount of money it would bring in, compared to the task.)

Now, we know there really is a Brody Levesque, that he is an activist
in the gay community and a well-known journalist for gay publications,
and where he is currently working (for a related civil rights group).

I never saw him asking for money contributions to fund his book,
but I guess I just missed that. To the people who sent him money:
are you sure it was the same person?

Brody Levesque here gave his contact information as theroadtraveler@gmail.com.

That seems to be the real email of the real Brody Levesque; it's all over
the place on the Internet. This is 85% surely correct, and we could
double-check that it's 100% pretty easily by seeing if it was ever on
the official contact pages for the places he worked, and so forth.
I think it's the real email.

So, did anyone correspond with him on that email?
And is that the same email of the person who was taking money?

We could ask Carey --- or a police detective or a lawyer in discovery could --
whether the registered email address for the Brody Levesque account here
was also that email. It is hidden in his Profile here.

If someone took money on false pretenses like that, it's probably fraud.

So question #1 is: Did that money go to Brody Levesque?

Did Brody Levesque take money on false pretenses about funding a book?

The author claimed to have hundreds of pages and over a dozen illustrations
prepared for the book; it just needed a little filling in and lots of editing.

Or was it someone just pretending to be Brody Levesque?

Carey knows what IPs and email addresses the person was using.
I think Cary should investigate this potential criminal use of his site.

Re: Brody Levesque and Carey
Posted by: Crypt Follower ()
Date: November 06, 2018 01:54PM

I've followed the Remy Crypt thread since the beginning.
I've spoken to Brody twice relative to my personal experiences at the Crypt.
At no time either in this thread or verbally did he ask for money.
He said that he was writing a book and so far at least, that doesn't seem to have happened.
This latest guy with the supposed cash payments has zero evidence of what he claims.
A little while back , someone was posting here claiming that the Crypt never existed and was a hoax.
Everything I observe points to a poster who has a personal grievance against Brody.

Posted by: Another PayPal scammer ()
Date: November 06, 2018 02:18PM

Crypt Follower Wrote:
> I've followed the Remy Crypt thread since the
> beginning.
> I've spoken to Brody twice relative to my personal
> experiences at the Crypt.
> At no time either in this thread or verbally did
> he ask for money.
> He said that he was writing a book and so far at
> least, that doesn't seem to have happened.
> This latest guy with the supposed cash payments
> has zero evidence of what he claims.
> A little while back , someone was posting here
> claiming that the Crypt never existed and was a
> hoax.
> Everything I observe points to a poster who has a
> personal grievance against Brody.

The tip-off on this rip-off is the instruction to only send emails from PayPal enabled email addresses.
The creativity of this guy is entertaining , I've got to admit.

Date: November 06, 2018 03:16PM

Another PayPal scammer Wrote:
> Crypt Follower Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've followed the Remy Crypt thread since the
> > beginning.
> > I've spoken to Brody twice relative to my
> personal
> > experiences at the Crypt.
> > At no time either in this thread or verbally
> did
> > he ask for money.
> > He said that he was writing a book and so far
> at
> > least, that doesn't seem to have happened.
> > This latest guy with the supposed cash payments
> > has zero evidence of what he claims.
> > A little while back , someone was posting here
> > claiming that the Crypt never existed and was a
> > hoax.
> > Everything I observe points to a poster who has
> a
> > personal grievance against Brody.
>
> The tip-off on this rip-off is the instruction to
> only send emails from PayPal enabled email
> addresses.
> The creativity of this guy is entertaining , I've
> got to admit.

I can assure you that it is not my intention to take money from people who are obviously trying to help. I'm offering a monetary reward to give people incentive to come forward with information about the person who has taken thousands of dollars from people. Can I get a little support here? And furthermore, I'm not sure how giving your name and email address out to someone suddenly puts you at risk for having funds withdrawn from your PayPal account? If anybody has any suggestions on another form of payment that can be made safely and securely online, I am all ears.

Until then, lets stick to the topic of trying to track this person down and deliver the justice they deserve!

Sincerely,
Rick

Posted by: Call the police ()
Date: November 06, 2018 04:30PM

Rick Serdavong Wrote:
> Another PayPal scammer Wrote:
> -----
> > Crypt Follower Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I've followed the Remy Crypt thread since the
> > > beginning.
> > > I've spoken to Brody twice relative to my
> > personal
> > > experiences at the Crypt.
> > > At no time either in this thread or verbally
> > did
> > > he ask for money.
> > > He said that he was writing a book and so far
> > at
> > > least, that doesn't seem to have happened.
> > > This latest guy with the supposed cash
> payments
> > > has zero evidence of what he claims.
> > > A little while back , someone was posting
> here
> > > claiming that the Crypt never existed and was
> a
> > > hoax.
> > > Everything I observe points to a poster who
> has
> > a
> > > personal grievance against Brody.
> >
> > The tip-off on this rip-off is the instruction
> to
> > only send emails from PayPal enabled email
> > addresses.
> > The creativity of this guy is entertaining ,
> I've
> > got to admit.
>
> I can assure you that it is not my intention to
> take money from people who are obviously trying to
> help. I'm offering a monetary reward to give
> people incentive to come forward with information
> about the person who has taken thousands of
> dollars from people. Can I get a little support
> here? And furthermore, I'm not sure how giving
> your name and email address out to someone
> suddenly puts you at risk for having funds
> withdrawn from your PayPal account? If anybody has
> any suggestions on another form of payment that
> can be made safely and securely online, I am all
> ears.
>
> Until then, lets stick to the topic of trying to
> track this person down and deliver the justice
> they deserve!
>
> Sincerely,
> Rick

Call the police if you're stupid enough to FedEx $8000 in cash to someone you've never met.
We don't need any mechanism for payments to be made.
You are an obvious scammer
"Rick"

Date: November 06, 2018 07:18PM

OK, tell you what. If you have any information and would like to forward it to me please do so. If you would like to collect your reward, please let me know and we can make arrangements. If not, no big deal. You don’t have to give me any identifying information.

Thanks for your cooperation on this.

-Rick

Posted by: BL Journalist ()
Date: November 06, 2018 07:38PM

November 6, 2018

It was brought to my attention there was a scammer/con artist soliciting funds for their "book" Here's the letter I sent Cary an hour ago:
November 6, 2018

Hi Cary,

Hope this finds you well. A friend of mine sent me word that there was a person(s) using my name on the Remey Tomb/Crypt thread who has solicited money to help "finish" their book.

As I have never asked for nor did I ever find myself in need of funding for my project which I think is a labour of love on my part, I'm kind of upset that there was a scammer who deemed it necessary to solicit funds from your readership.

My posts were informational and intended to provide data gleaned from my research period. I always left this email address in case anyone wished to chat with me and in fact, I communicated with dozens of folk over the years ranging from persons who 'partied' in the crypts to urban explorers and residents of Southeastern Fairfax County, Virginia who knew of its existence. Some were kind enough to provide me with anecdotal pictures and oral stories as well.

I'd apprecaite your letting the readership of that thread know it was definitely not me, the book project I have is still very much in development and I get to it, writing & researching on it as time permits. I do not now nor ever will I ever require any funds to complete my project

Please tell them that the 'crypts' are only a few chapters in the book which is a biography of Charles Mason Remey, and not the sole focus of the book You are welcome to let them know the contents of this email if need be.

Take care and I thank you.

Brody Levesque
Chief Political Correspondent
The New Civil Rights Movement Magazine
New York
Producer
Rated LGBT Radio
Los Angeles .

Rick? If you need to communicate with me please feel free to use my published email address as that is mine.

Posted by: 7VECG ()
Date: November 07, 2018 01:45AM

The Crypts, The Parties, Remey, The Bahai, The Book...

jxbews.jpg

Posted by: Mister Fixer ()
Date: November 07, 2018 09:56AM

I have followed this thread with great interest and I have spoken to Brody once or twice years ago and I assure you he is no scam artist. I do have to give props to the person who successfully if true scammed somebody out of $8000 via this terrible useless excuse for an Internet forum.

Posted by: Don't hold your breath ()
Date: November 07, 2018 12:19PM

This "Rick" guy probably won't be in touch.
If we are to believe him ,he Fedexed $8000 in cash to someone he never met.
Now he's trying to hand out $200 to more people he's never met.
Does anyone else find all of this unbelievable?

Posted by: John Kelly ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:44PM

Hi. I'm a columnist in The Washington Post Metro section. I'm writing something about the Remey mausoleum and I'm hoping that "Mark C," who has some great photos of the place in the 1970s, will get in touch. I'd love to run some pictures with my column. Thanks. John Kelly. john.kelly@washpost.com

Posted by: Because you asked ()
Date: February 11, 2019 06:41PM

Feel free to include this photo in your column.
Attachments:
images (4).jpg

Posted by: good mooorning ()
Date: February 12, 2019 08:01AM

Article on something to do with Remey today in WaPo.

See the arthur's post (I know it's author, just want to get trolls fired up) two posts above...

Send him info.

Might make for an interesting part two.

Posted by: TombRaider ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:45PM

Does anyone have pictures of the tombs?

Posted by: Jim Remains ()
Date: February 13, 2019 01:08PM

I had t thought about this place in years until I saw the story in today’s paper. My contribution to the discussion is that when I was a senior I had a girl bent over a monument or something inside. All I remember is that her name was Jesse and she had very long blonde hair.

Posted by: A link please? thanks ()
Date: February 13, 2019 01:29PM

Does anyone have a link to this most recent story? I can't find it.
I went there 73-75 84-85 and once in early 2000s.

Posted by: Tales from the crypt ()
Date: February 13, 2019 06:51PM

A link please? thanks Wrote: https://youtu.be/qSSGFbMnpgQ
> Does anyone have a link to this most recent story?
> I can't find it.
> I went there 73-75 84-85 and once in early 2000s.
Attachments:
IMG_3634.JPG

Posted by: Johnupter ()
Date: February 13, 2019 08:36PM

^thats a riot! He reads this thread and writes an article from it.

It IS news-worthy, that I hand to him.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: February 15, 2019 12:52PM

OK, faggots, is this real or fake?

Posted by: UnFairFuxSux ()
Date: February 15, 2019 03:42PM

Facebook John Kelly

Date: February 15, 2019 03:43PM

Are you real or Fake?

Date: February 15, 2019 03:54PM

There is a brick air vent in the woods, you can break it open and go in thru there. Bring a rope, ladder and LED headlamp

Posted by: Are you a circus midget? ()
Date: February 15, 2019 05:06PM

I've been to those vents.
I haven't measured the inside but recall them as being less than two feet on the outside.
You'd have to be quite tiny to enter that way.

Posted by: InvestigationBegin! ()
Date: February 15, 2019 05:18PM

I’m glad to hear there are people still willing to investigate.

Posted by: Hermaphrodite Cardinal ()
Date: February 15, 2019 05:48PM

https://youtu.be/mLnonJzIDBU

Remey Tomb Homo Cardinal.
Attachments:
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3631.JPG
IMG_3635.GIF

Date: February 15, 2019 05:59PM

Not Alan Rogers Wrote:
> Here's the link to the main story in the Post:
Attachments:
This ill-fated tomb was party central for a generation of Northern Virginia teens - The Washington Post.pdf

Date: February 15, 2019 06:03PM

Not Alan Rogers Wrote:
> And the link to the previous story about one of the carvings:
Attachments:
What does a sarcophagus from Italy have to do with a Virginia mausoleum? - The Washington Post.pdf

Posted by: Angi1979 ()
Date: March 18, 2019 09:48PM

Just spent 4 hours reading this thread. I'm in Stafford and just saw an article on Facebook on Abandoned Places In Virginia. Very interesting article and thanks to everyone who contributed.

Posted by: Cool photos ()
Date: March 18, 2019 10:02PM

Thanks so much

Preston Wrote:
> I used to visit the Remey Tomb in 1972-73 with my
> sister and a friend of hers. We were fascinated,
> and terrified at the same time, by the place. But
> mainly we were heartbroken at its ruin. We love
> old cemeteries and were saddened by the lack of
> respect it was given over the years. I am
> attaching the photos we took in those days. I
> apologize for their poor quality.
>
> A story we'd heard was that the obelisk was the
> most haunted part of the mausoleum, and true to
> local lore, none of the photos I ever took of it
> ever came out.

Posted by: Jan Dingleberry ()
Date: April 24, 2019 02:06AM

Bump bumpity bump-bump we gotta dig this thing up-up!

Posted by: WTF.. ()
Date: April 24, 2019 02:14AM

This is some satanic shit. God damn

Posted by: sunnah ()
Date: July 08, 2019 02:08AM

Can anyone post 2019 pictures? I will go to this place this year and take pictures but I am not going underground. Too old for that.

Posted by: JOY MONIQUE ANDERSON ()
Date: October 20, 2019 11:30AM

Posted by: Cryp Keeper ()
Date: October 20, 2019 03:33PM

Posted by: Crypt Keeper ()
Date: October 20, 2019 04:03PM

Posted by: Samson Crackledan ()
Date: February 18, 2020 09:15PM

The underground portion is completely inaccessible without digging and breaking through layers of concrete...

Posted by: URBEXII ()
Date: February 19, 2020 07:21AM

So it is possible!

Posted by: RIP Torn ()
Date: April 17, 2020 10:40PM

How may people have this from the walls of the crypt? I bet no one.
Attachments:
20200417_173540.jpg

Posted by: K rona ()
Date: April 30, 2020 08:21PM

Being stuck at home, I started looking at these posts again and have a few observations. It was debated whether the entire underground complex was actually built as depicted on Remey's drawing (attached below... the pics I post were posted before and are not mine). I think it was all built.

I don't recall that anyone posting here went beyond the first three underground rooms on the left side of the drawing. The "Entrance Chamber" was where the the headless man statute was (probably the small square in that room depicted in the drawing ... I always thought the statute was Remey and his wife, but it actually his mother and Admiral father). Going a little further and off to each side is the Remey and Mason Chapels, which apparently is where the stone coffins were that the kids in the pics were lying on.

People heard about more rooms further back from others, but hadn't actually seen them. Most mentioned a concrete block wall further back, which seems to have been installed after the bodies were all removed and the church took control in 73. I always wondered exactly where on the drawing this wall was, but I now believe that it's at the "T" hallway area just before the Rotunda. I marked the area with red on the drawing.

In the attached pic, the cement block wall is clearly seen at the end of the hallway. On the walls of the hallway are three pillar-like fixtures. There are three features indicated in the same hallway on the drawing. Thus, the person taking the picture would have been standing in the square common area between the Mason and Remey Chapels facing toward the Rotunda.

Someone said that a smallish hole was made through the cement block wall and dirt was found. One poster said there were actually two separate walls with dirt between them to fool anyone who broke through the first wall. He said that the dirt was placed between the walls from above through one of the vents. 

A drawing previously posted here shows where the vents were located. One was above the room where the person taking this pic was and the other was where I have the concrete block wall shown on the drawing. So, it seems that the concrete wall was located just before one would enter the rotunda.
Attachments:
1CRT1.JPG
20200423_222754.jpg

Posted by: K rona ()
Date: April 30, 2020 08:25PM

Remey's own papers also support that he built the entire underground area (if you believe them as true). In his 1954 "Architect's Afterword," (posted back on page 2), he wrote in the page attached below that he "built.. a series of subterranean crypts and chapels and other chambers that now actually comprise the Remeum.... that is much more spacious, monumental and enduring and far larger in its dimensions and interior arrangements [than he had previously planned]." That doesn't sound like he only built those first three rooms.

Remey also included a pic of the sarcophagus of his wife, Gertrude, that was in the Remeum... attached below. The pic shows it being in some long hallway. It wasn't in the Entrance Chamber as that is where the headless man statute was. So, it had to be somewhere behind the cement block wall. 

Maybe it's the rectangle depicted in the middle of the "Military Memorial Area," which looks a little wider but similar to the Entrance Chamber. That Military Area appears to be a sunken area about five steps down... which supports the stories of there being multiple levels of one main level, but not multiple "stories." 

As someone pointed out, if Remey only built those first three underground rooms, where did they put all 16 bodies that were later moved? Yeah, some were cremated, but even so, the rest weren't all in those three rooms. Apparently, most were past where the cement wall was eventually placed... where Gertrude had to be.

And it doesn't make sense that they would destroy the underground complex and leave the vents standing. I suppose it's possible that it wasn't destroyed but was pumped full of some sort of cement slurry. That would take a lot of cement and seems pretty expensive for a church. 
Attachments:
1Page20.jpg
Book222.jpg

Pages: Previous1234567891011AllNext
Current Page: 10 of 11

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.