HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Lake Braddock Sexual Assault and Corruption
Posted by: Keepin' it Real ()
Date: July 14, 2017 11:32AM

Obviously scott brabrand was NOT fully informed by "his folks" @ the Ivory Tower on Gate House. While all this has been going down, the biggest "problem" or "Issue" he was dealing with down in Lynchburg was Mrs. Betty's cat was stuck up in a tree. He wasn't worried about anything of this magnitude down in farm country in Lynchburg. It's UNREAL

WELCOME TO THE COUNTY SCOTTY! "See No EVIL, Speak NO EVIL, Hear NO EVIL"

The Fairfax County School Board has selected Dr. Scott Brabrand as the finalist for the position of Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS), pending final Board approval at its meeting June 8, 2017. Brabrand currently serves as the Superintendent of the Lynchburg City Schools in Lynchburg, Virginia. Brabrand previously worked at FCPS in numerous roles including Assistant Superintendent, principal of Fairfax High School, assistant principal, associate principal, and teacher.

“We are thrilled that Dr. Scott Brabrand has agreed to serve as finalist for the Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools,” said School Board Chair Sandy Evans. “Dr. Brabrand’s deep knowledge and understanding of FCPS, coupled with his creative leadership abilities, will ensure FCPS’ continued excellence serving our students, our schools, and our community. He brings a true passion for education and for FCPS. We look forward to working with him to further achieve our Portrait of Graduate vision and fully implement our strategic plan.

“I would also like to thank Dr. Steve Lockard for his stellar leadership as Interim Superintendent during this period of transition, especially for guiding the school system through a challenging budget process. We look forward to Dr. Lockard continuing in his role of Deputy Superintendent.”

Brabrand was selected as finalist following a nationwide search led by the firm of Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates (HYA). The Board received input from parents, employees, and the community before candidates were brought forward. The Board initially interviewed candidates in early February before narrowing the field for second interviews. A committee of nineteen staff and community members interviewed semi-finalists and provided feedback to the Board prior to the finalist selection.

“Almost 25 years ago, I fell in love with Fairfax County Public Schools. It is the ultimate honor and privilege to return as a servant-leader for this school system and for the entire Fairfax County community,” said Brabrand. “FCPS teachers, students, and parents are deeply committed to success and I look forward to harnessing that enthusiasm to continue achieving the high standards set for ourselves. It will be critical for me to listen and learn from all our stakeholders to see how we can best work collaboratively to address our challenges and ensure we meet the ever evolving needs of our students and community.”

Braband earned his bachelor of science in foreign service degree in international economics from Georgetown University in 1990, and his master’s degree in education from The George Washington University. In 2003, he completed his doctoral work in educational leadership and policy from Virginia Tech. Prior to joining FCPS as an employee, he served as a volunteer at FCPS while working as assistant manager for Bell Atlantic.

Following Board approval, it is anticipated Brabrand will begin a four-year term on July 10, 2017.

###

For more information, contact the FCPS Office of Communication and Community Relations at 571-423-1200.
Attachments:
sene.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: P. Ro. Bation ()
Date: July 14, 2017 04:20PM

A message from LAKE BRADDOCK SEC

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Earlier today, you received a message from FCPS Superintendent Dr. Scott Brabrand explaining the review conducted by his office into the allegations of bullying and harassment of students by members of the Lake Braddock Secondary School (LBSS) staff during the 2015 -2016 school year. As Dr. Brabrand expressed to you, there was a breach of trust between students and staff and I appreciate the confidence that Dr. Brabrand has in my office to take the necessary steps to ensure that, going forward, we have the proper safeguards in place to protect our students.

There is a perception among some in the community that our investigation of these allegations was less than thorough. I want to assure you, as I did for Dr. Brabrand that we will actively pursue and investigate any and all allegations of sexual harassment or other allegations of inappropriate behavior reported by staff or students.

I have spent more than 25 years as a teacher and school administrator guided by the principle that our primary responsibility as educators is the safety and well-being of all FCPS students. I would never compromise the safety of our students to shield the school, my staff, or myself from criticism or accountability.

I believe that in my role as principal, I should be held to a higher standard for the manner in which I supervise and manage school operations. However, under the law, there are restrictions regarding information that can be disclosed when it involves investigations of, and disciplinary actions taken against, school employees. Please understand that non-disclosure does not mean inaction. FCPS has established policies and procedures to properly investigate allegations of sexual harassment, violations of Title IX, or other allegations of inappropriate behavior.

I also need your assistance in maintaining a safe school environment. If you or your student has any awareness of misconduct, even if not personally involved, please report the nature of the incident to my office so it can be promptly investigated.

I want to emphasize again that our first priority is to maintain a safe environment for our students to learn and participate in school activities, free from harassment or intimidation. You have my pledge that my office and the LBSS staff will continue to place the interests of our students above all else. Thank you for your understanding and continued support of Lake Braddock Secondary School.

Sincerely,
David F. Thomas
Principal
Lake Braddock Secondary School

Posted by: R u kidding me? ()
Date: July 14, 2017 04:51PM

Bullshit

Posted by: ashamedatlb ()
Date: July 14, 2017 05:02PM

So the Superintendent did nothing?

Lets review this, coach P was terminated because he called a player names on the football field, I guess they are terming that bullying. Never mind that he was a witness who collaborate the girls story.

Dave Thomas keeps his job even though he put the girls BB team in a very risky situation by not even looking into the complaints from the girls themselves. they didn't interview one single person.

Sounds like a fair trade off....calling football players names...well that's just sooo horrible, how will we ever live with that....but girls being sexually harassed...who cares about that! I am sure they probably deserved it...right Dave?

The Superintendent may have confidence in Thomas, but how can anyone of the parents? If your daughter was in that same situation would you want to rely on Dave Thomas to remedy the situation?

Posted by: bruindogs09 ()
Date: July 14, 2017 05:18PM

You people don't get it. They have to protect Dave Thomas so FCPS will never admit to doing anything wrong in this, if they do, they open themselves up for a massive law suit from the girls on the BB team.

They need to reach out to Gloria Allred, civil rights lawyer who is noted for taking controversial cases. She has been particularly involved with cases involving the protection of women's rights.

As far as Poythress, I'm sure he is going to get a real nice check to go away quietly.

Posted by: TitleIX ()
Date: July 14, 2017 06:08PM

Isn't there still a Federal Title IX complaint against the school and how they handled the allegations? What is going to happen with that. The two e-mails don't answer what's going on with anything.

Posted by: Bruin 4 Life ()
Date: July 14, 2017 09:23PM

Parents have been waiting for the official release of the FCPS coverup. It seems that these self serving educrats have just indicted themselves. Big mistake. Dumbass lawyers at the Gatehouse. No surprise there. Don't be surprised if you see a big time federal lawsuit coming soon. Big time. Mr. Superintendent, was saving Dave worth what you're going to have to deal with now?

Posted by: Gloria All Thread ()
Date: July 14, 2017 10:26PM

When that Title IX case is brought and the Federal Investigators start pulling those Mountanious Files of corruption, Harrasment and Deviancy Dating back Decades...wait and see..The cover ups, non-Disclosures and Incompetence will blow your mind.The B-Ball Coach's actions Pale in comparison to some of the "Predators" that have walked those Halls...

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 15, 2017 01:50AM

P. Ro. Bation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A message from LAKE BRADDOCK SEC
>
> Dear Parents and Guardians,
>
> Earlier today, you received a message from FCPS
> Superintendent Dr. Scott Brabrand explaining the
> review conducted by his office into the
> allegations of bullying and harassment of students
> by members of the Lake Braddock Secondary School
> (LBSS) staff during the 2015 -2016 school year. As
> Dr. Brabrand expressed to you, there was a breach
> of trust between students and staff and I
> appreciate the confidence that Dr. Brabrand has in
> my office to take the necessary steps to ensure
> that, going forward, we have the proper safeguards
> in place to protect our students.
>
> There is a perception among some in the community
> that our investigation of these allegations was
> less than thorough. I want to assure you, as I did
> for Dr. Brabrand that we will actively pursue and
> investigate any and all allegations of sexual
> harassment or other allegations of inappropriate
> behavior reported by staff or students.
>
> I have spent more than 25 years as a teacher and
> school administrator guided by the principle that
> our primary responsibility as educators is the
> safety and well-being of all FCPS students. I
> would never compromise the safety of our students
> to shield the school, my staff, or myself from
> criticism or accountability.
>
> I believe that in my role as principal, I should
> be held to a higher standard for the manner in
> which I supervise and manage school operations.
> However, under the law, there are restrictions
> regarding information that can be disclosed when
> it involves investigations of, and disciplinary
> actions taken against, school employees. Please
> understand that non-disclosure does not mean
> inaction. FCPS has established policies and
> procedures to properly investigate allegations of
> sexual harassment, violations of Title IX, or
> other allegations of inappropriate behavior.
>
> I also need your assistance in maintaining a safe
> school environment. If you or your student has any
> awareness of misconduct, even if not personally
> involved, please report the nature of the incident
> to my office so it can be promptly investigated.
>
> I want to emphasize again that our first priority
> is to maintain a safe environment for our students
> to learn and participate in school activities,
> free from harassment or intimidation. You have my
> pledge that my office and the LBSS staff will
> continue to place the interests of our students
> above all else. Thank you for your understanding
> and continued support of Lake Braddock Secondary
> School.
>
> Sincerely,
> David F. Thomas
> Principal
> Lake Braddock Secondary School

HASN'T THIS EPISODE BEEN UNFOLDING FOR OVER TWO YEARS AND IT WOULD APPEAR THAT IT IS NOT CLOSE TO BEING DONE. IF NOTHING ELSE, THOMAS NEEDS TO GO FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN BEING TOTALLY INEPT.

SOMETIMES A LAWSUIT IS NECESSARY WHEN YOU HAVE ENTRENCHED BUREAUCRACY THAT CARES FOR NOTHING OTHER THAN PROTECTING THEIR CUSHY JOB.

Date: July 15, 2017 10:06AM

The federal lawsuit will bring in Gloria Allred, when she comes in, this will be a national story.

The FCPS will be thoroughly investigated and the amount of cover ups and total ineptness of the school board administration will be on display, this new superintendent will not be in the this position very long. He had a chance to clean up this mess and failed! The minimum he should have done, would be remove Thomas from hi position at LB

Stay tuned because this is going to get really messy

Posted by: communityobserver ()
Date: July 15, 2017 11:43AM

So according to the new article in the Washington Post, FCPS found the Girls BB coach did sexually harass the girls, however, he was never interviewed nor were the girls. So how do they know?

Thomas says he holds his self to a higher standard then everyone else, this happened on your watch Dave, so you are responsible for this. You fired the football coach because he was a witness, oh yea and he called a player a name on the field. So if you are held to a higher standard, then you should be gone too.

Dave Thomas did nothing but to act on the complaints, so the new Superintendent decides, lets give Dave another chance, if this happens again he will know what to do. Ok, yea. I trust that is the right decision.

What parent in their right mind is going have confidence that their students are in a safe environment at LB, with Thomas still there.

Federal charges are being filled, so Dave is still not out of the water

Posted by: Still the same ()
Date: July 15, 2017 12:28PM

Same old Lake Braddock. Still brushing stuff under the rug. Keep your kids safe and out of that school.

Posted by: Take Your own Advice! ()
Date: July 15, 2017 03:07PM

^^^^Bill, please take your own advice^^^^

Posted by: Dummy2 ()
Date: July 15, 2017 03:18PM

Why must we take the word of FCPS? Have they never lied before? Aren't they interested in protecting themselves? We need independent investigators? How?

Date: July 15, 2017 03:19PM

Why did Lake Braddock over react to a football coach calling someone a name and fire him, but, not even investigate something as serious as sexual harassment in the girls basketball program?

Come on, its football anyone that has played the game, knows that part of it.
It doesn't matter if its Politically Correct or not. My parents taught me the saying "stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"
This has gotten way out of control, what is next, no contact on other players in football practice? Everyone must play? No keeping score?

Why is this embattled Principal be given a second chance on monitoring bullying sexual harassment, etc of the students at Lake Braddock since he did nothing on this the first time around. He should be held accountable and pay the consequences of his actions. Why wasn't he reassigned or terminated if this all happened while he was in charge?

Posted by: be4real1 ()
Date: July 15, 2017 03:25PM

Hahah...Gloria Allred for real?

If that's the case, this will be the media hype for the summer.

FCPS don't want to mess with her, she will have the whole school system turned upside down!!

Posted by: Lbssstu ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:02PM

He is too passive to be Principal for one of the largest school in Fairfax County. I do wish that we could have a different Principal. He is too complacement. We need new blood to invigorate the school.

Posted by: Former LBSS Parent ()
Date: July 16, 2017 11:00AM

Dave is a passive, slimy wimp. He praises all teachers even those who are incompetent and terrible to students; God knows, he won't get rid of them. The good ones are overworked and under-appreciated. Friends who retired or left can't stand Dave. They didn't leave because of students or parents; they left because the administration sucks and the school has gone down hill.

Here's my prediction. The parents won't give up (nor should they). The FCPS mafia will continue to stonewall. In the meantime, Dave's son (now a senior, I think) will be allowed to graduate. Then, hopefully, Dave will quietly be moved to some other school or an unimportant ivory tower position. The parents and community will, ultimately, get what they want. And FCPS/Dave will save face which is of utmost importance to them.

Thankfully, my kids have graduated. But as a homeowner in this community, having a quality school is critical to maintaining the value of our property.

Hopefully, Poythress got a good settlement even if he hasn't been publicly vindicated. The kids who love him don't need anyone to tell them how much he cared for and helped then, even if his methods were not politically correct.

Posted by: time4achange ()
Date: July 16, 2017 12:25PM

What's going to happen is Thomas will be taken down in the Federal case, which means he will loses his job, pension, retirement...everything!

Sounds pretty harsh, right? Oh wait that what he tried to do with the AD and football coach. Karma has a way of coming back Dave...Stay tuned!

This will finally give LB the cleaned house they have needed for the last 10 years. All of the administrators, AD and assessment teachers whatever that is, will be terminated

Posted by: coach $ ()
Date: July 16, 2017 03:16PM

How will coach get paid? I think he can prove retaliation but I hear FCPS won't even talk to him because he signed a paper ( or get fired).I loved playing for him and want to help

Posted by: pc run amok ()
Date: July 16, 2017 03:44PM

Poythress, unfortunately, is not politically correct. He does and says things all of us from that generation did, like, fag, retard, etc....
In today's sissified world, people like that are called racist, sexist, homophobic, mean spirited, you name it, even if they're genuinely good people.
This is a big part of the reason Trump won the electon , because a lot of people are so sick of that bullshit. But the people that run the schools, you can be sure, are not the people who voted for Donald Trump.

Date: July 16, 2017 04:55PM

Who cares if he called people names, it should not be grounds for firing or removal from a coaching position, it ridiculous!!

Putting the girls BB team in a awkward position of dealing with sexual harassment and not doing anything about it should be grounds for termination.

Whether Poythress was/is PC or not, he at least was willing to defend the girls by letting the authorities know what was happening.

I would certainly rather have someone who is not so PC but still does the right things when it comes down to the safety of my kids.

What kind of leader is Dave Thomas when he throws everyone under the bus, when the shit hits the fan? Is Thomas who you want responsible for the safety of your kids? good luck!!!

Posted by: INDA KNOW ()
Date: July 16, 2017 07:24PM

Why did FCPS HR try to work a coaching swap for Poythress? He was to be sent to Hayfield in exchange for Henderson. Let's not talk about coaching credentials! The point is that FCPS obviously wasn't concerned about Poythress leading a team.

When it was seen as impossible politically they opened the LB job. We all know the 2 best candidates were Henderson and the West Pot coach. Ol Dave didn't want Poythress at the helm at those schools so he picked the WTW guy

If this was actually about being PC why didn't Thomas just call Poythress in and say we are going in a different direction?

The point is that nothing adds up except retaliation against an employee. And why? Because one small minded weakling was afraid.

Posted by: bruin4 lyfe ()
Date: July 16, 2017 08:14PM

Its simple, Thomas can control the guy from Woodson. He will do exactly what they tell he is going to do. They wanted someone who was more of a cheer leader type coach and winning wasn't even considered. I checked this guys record and he hasn't had a lot of success anywhere he has been. In other words a safe choice

Coach Doc or whatever his name is,knows he wasn't the best qualified coach for the job. in fact, he may have been the least qualified of the ones who were interviewed, so he is a yes man for Thomas and Kerns.

If Henderson or Ross from West Pot would have been selected, they would have more clout to run the program how they saw fit. Thomas was against that. So they went with the safe pick.

This coaching choice will set LB back a few years it may be sometime before you see LB on top team again, but by then Thomas will be gone

Posted by: Billy P ()
Date: July 16, 2017 08:42PM

Good lord Bill. Not only are you dumb, blind, and stupid...now you're just plain deranged. Keep pouting like a little girl who got her toy taken from her in the sandbox. If you had an ounce of integrity you'd post something that was actually factual...actually honest.

But that ain't you, Billy.

Posted by: sword swallower ()
Date: July 16, 2017 09:45PM

What is not factual? Take Dave' s dick out of your mouth. I cant hear you

Posted by: Billy P ()
Date: July 17, 2017 03:12AM

1. Thanks for admitting it's you.

2. What is not factual? Roughly 90% of everything you post. I could on in detail and humiliate you, but why repeat the job you've already done yourself?

Posted by: Inside knowledge ()
Date: July 17, 2017 04:23AM

The clown (or clowns) on here defending Thomas and squeaking about Bill Park, including the post above, are morons. Whether you like Park or not is immaterial, The girls BB issue is a legitimate problem. One that was mishandled from beginning to end and which cost people their jobs. Park is on the right side of this in that he is defending the girls and wants heads to roll over the blatant sweeping under the rug that Thomas attempted. Anyone with inside knowledge of this situation knows that ALL the negative things being said about Thomas are completely true. He botched his handling of the girls BB situation. When things went sideways on him, he threw Clark under the bus, then he went after P when his name showed up as a witness for the girls. None of that is up for debate, it's what happened, period.

As for the comments related to Henderson and Ross not being hired, they're also accurate. Both are more successful coaches than the guy from WTW. Even if Henderson has baggage, that doesn't account for overlooking Ross. Thomas knew if P got the job at Hayfield or West Potomac he'd be back to hang half a hundred on LB and rub it in Thomas' face year in and year out. If you think the WTW hire wasn't a direct result of that fear, as well as just another stab at P, then you can add idiot to go with your well earned title of moron.

Posted by: plumarie ()
Date: July 17, 2017 09:13AM

I've asked this question before, but didn't get much response. So, I'll try again.
I still don't get the "Thomas firing Poythress because he was a witness" angle.
How does getting Poythress out of the building prevent him from testifying as to what he knows about the girls BB situation, if in fact he did no something?
He can still be a witness whether he's teaching at LB or not, right?
It still doesn't add up for me. I guess most of us will really know exactly what happened.

Posted by: IKnowP ()
Date: July 17, 2017 09:28AM

Good question, I think there are two possible options:

1) Thomas is not that bright - while some may agree, in my experience all the admin types in FCPS are very politically savvy (seems more important than competence). I think this option is unlikely.

2) Thomas tried to pressure Coach P to keep silent on the Girl's BB situation using his coaching job as leverage, i.e. "Keep quiet if you want to keep your job!" If this happened I guarantee that Coach P told him to Fuck Off!

Posted by: plumarie ()
Date: July 17, 2017 09:40AM

IKnowP,
o.k., if option 2 is correct, then it seems Poythress would have testified against Thomas, since he lost his job. But no one seems to know whether Poythress was asked questions about the incident or not, because it's all confidential.
That's what I mean about us not really knowing. Unless one is able to speak directly with Poythress, no one really knows exactly what happened.

Posted by: X7UC3 ()
Date: July 17, 2017 09:44AM

Once Coach P was discipline/fired by the LB admin, you can argue anything he says as a witness that make the principal look bad is simply sour grapes and retaliation. It also might make an investigator question his credibility, since, he now has an ax to grind against the principal.

Firing the coach also serves as a warning to other faculty.

Posted by: monari ()
Date: July 17, 2017 12:00PM

Doesn't seem plausible. A lot of time elapsed between when Poythress was questioned/disciplined and when he was fired. He certainly would have told other people about what was happening and they could back up his story. Moreover, he could sue the shit out of fcps for what they did.

Posted by: Get over yourself Park ()
Date: July 17, 2017 02:29PM

Updated article reveals sexual harassment claims unfounded.

http://wapo.st/2ujVQua?tid=ss_mail-amp

Posted by: Makes No Sense ()
Date: July 17, 2017 02:48PM

How can the county determine that it was unfounded when they never even interviewed the BBall coach or any of the girls who brought forth the allegations? I know for 100% these things didn't happen. So how are they exonerating themselves?

Posted by: Staff Member ()
Date: July 17, 2017 04:01PM

I was on the LB staff. Coach P told us all day 1 about girls BB.None of us where ever interviewed. They told coach he had to sign a paper or be fired. That paper silenced him. He had no lawyer.Typical FCPS.Everybody on the staff can verify this...but the whole staff is gone...not 1 assistant left...

Date: July 17, 2017 05:15PM

There is a lawsuit against FCPS brought on under the whistleblower rights.
Coach P will receive a very nice payout under this suit....In Thomas's effort to screw over Coach P and sweep this this whole Girls BB incident under the rug, he inadvertently made him a very rich man.

So see Dave, karma does have a way of paying pack.

The federal hearings will be next with a very prominent Attorney representing the Girls BB program, so stay tuned.

Date: July 17, 2017 07:11PM

The FCPS defense of Thomas is the one aspect that is almost inexplicable. From what reportedly took place he made enough mistakes to be removed if not dismissed as an incompetent administrator but they continue to back him up. I sense that there is much more to this story that is not yet known.

Posted by: ANSWER manPX ()
Date: July 17, 2017 07:22PM

Inquisitive one,
DAVE IS CLOSE FRIENDS WITH THE NEW SUPER. NOBODY IN HR WILL ADMIT THEY F'D UP SO WHEN THE NEW GUY COMES IN HR TELLS HIM PARK IS FULL OF CRAP. HE BUYS IN HAVING KNOWN DAVE AND FIGURING HR IS TELLING THE TRUTH. THINK ABOUT IT, How could a new super be up to date on everything in 4 days. He just started last Monday. The school board is to soft to make a stand. Just hot air.

Date: July 17, 2017 07:33PM

They have to back him up!!!!

If they do not back him and they admit to guilt, FCPS opens themselves up for a huge law suit from the girls basketball team.

Dave already figured out he can coast on this, he hasn't even broken a sweat.

He is free to do what he wants and run the school however he wants

Date: July 17, 2017 08:35PM

That is not how it works. This is now an issue that is subject to litigation and FCPS should be in damage control and cost containment mode. Friends and drinking buddies mean nothing in court because the winner will be the party that can present the best case and provide the more convincing witnesses.

Posted by: Everyone get a life and move on ()
Date: July 18, 2017 02:07PM

Have all you assholes on this site ever asked if any of the players re: girls basketball are still employed? They are gone morons! What the hell do you want? Its a personnel matter and you will not know the outcome. Move the hell on. Your girls are NOT in danger, the perps are gone. You need to focus on your jobs, family etc. The real danger here are the individuals trying to rally all you mindless fools and get you angry for no reason.

Date: July 18, 2017 07:35PM

Ernesto's dad posting on here again!

No one is going to just step away from this. This whole LB fiasco was caused by Dave Thomas.

He put innocent girls in jeopardy and tried to cover it up.
He fired 2 people and tried to ruin their careers

Until he is held accountable for this, no one is going away

Posted by: WatchIt ()
Date: July 18, 2017 10:21PM

whatsupdoc Wrote:
> Bring P back!!
> The Woodson coaches blow

Son, keep your mouth shut and your attitude straight. Rise to the challenge and I'll see you I the morning!

Posted by: miss the boss ()
Date: July 18, 2017 11:02PM

Khaki pants and white oxford. The swag is gone!

Date: July 19, 2017 06:47AM

WatchIt Wrote:
> whatsupdoc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bring P back!!
> > The Woodson coaches blow
>
> Son, keep your mouth shut and your attitude
> straight. Rise to the challenge and I'll see you I
> the morning!

The verdict on this decision will be sufficiently clear in about 50 days!

Date: July 19, 2017 06:51AM

ashamedatlb Wrote:
> Ernesto's dad posting on here again!
>
> No one is going to just step away from this. This
> whole LB fiasco was caused by Dave Thomas.
>
> He put innocent girls in jeopardy and tried to
> cover it up.
> He fired 2 people and tried to ruin their careers
>
> Until he is held accountable for this, no one is
> going away

The truth of the matter is that if Dave Thomas disappears so will the controversy. Conversely, this is one scandal that will linger until after the legal proceedings and possibly longer if Thomas remains.

Posted by: Coach Sighting ()
Date: July 19, 2017 08:00PM

Will we ever have transparency? FCPS should blackout names and turn over their findings. Let the Post evaluate what went down. If Park is wrong will say so. If the Post was inaccurate they will retracked. If FCPS is wrong????? They get sued? NOW, IF FCPS knows they are right it equals total vindication and increases faith in taxpayers, correct? So why is FCPS closing ranks? Why did the new superintendent get involved. That was a rookie mistake

Date: July 19, 2017 10:22PM

I'm told many folks who don't have a dog in this fight are extremely upset about what is an obvious whitewash and complete show of bureaucrat arrogance by FCPS and gutless incompetence by the school board. Don't be surprised if some new players step up. This could very well develop into a national story.

Date: July 20, 2017 12:25AM

Follow the School Board for any length of time and you will understand. They screwed up the JEB Stuart renaming situation that they are now looking for the Superintendent to bail them out with a magic fix whereas they are supposed to be providing leadership for the schools. If they are dealing with something that requires leadership they are lost.

Posted by: Daves double ()
Date: July 20, 2017 01:51AM

You shut your mouth Dave Thomas could grill circles around you!

Date: July 20, 2017 10:22PM

Stay tuned. I wouldn't sleep too well if I worked for FCPS. There are folks on this case who are much smarter than you.

Posted by: benG ()
Date: July 21, 2017 12:35AM

This is insane. Why does Marie Lemmon the Principal at Bailey's Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences still have a job??? FCPS has Employment practices and policies that have a disparate impact on protected classes of people.

Posted by: Disgusted and sickened ()
Date: July 21, 2017 09:28PM

Bureaucrats and Democrats watching over our kids? Sad. Very sad. Wake up taxpayers. It could be your kids next time.

Posted by: Still Sickened ()
Date: July 22, 2017 08:04PM

Still disgusted. This ain't going away.

Posted by: intheno ()
Date: July 22, 2017 10:27PM

Dave Thomas will be out the door before school starts.

All of his supporters will be out the door shortly afterwards.

When they remove Thomas, its likely they will clean house and get rid of all the dead weight.

All of the sub school principals on down to the AD, the assessment teachers, so look for a lot of new faces this coming year

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: July 23, 2017 08:28AM

All of this is the result of one parent?!

Then the same parent who invoked his power is the cause of the football coach being dismissed; one who was as successful as anyone ever at LB, yet more consistent.

Same parent caused the firing of the AD.

Same parent whose son is no angel by any stretch.

Same parent who destroyed the morale of what once was a great school.

All of it. LOL

You reap what you sow. The collateral damage was the football coach along with the entire program. Now same parent wants the new AD gone too? Ok, let us know how that works out.

Never forget - what goes around, ALWAYS comes around.

You made waves with the girls basketball coach and his reported inappropriate actions - actions for which no investigation took place - and it got him fired. Fine. That's what you wanted. And maybe he should have been fired. You should've stopped there. You wanted more. You got more.

What a big man you must feel you are. Congratulations to you sir. You took down P and you had no intention of doing so. That's 100% on YOU.

There was no sexual assault. If there had been one, an arrest would've been made. No sir, no corruption at LB either. This is all YOU. Always remember that.

Posted by: second that motion ()
Date: July 23, 2017 08:39AM

^^^^^^ BEST POST IN THIS THREAD

Most Bruins aware of the situation agree with the above -- BP can go straight to hell and deserves that eternal torment for just being who he is.

Date: July 23, 2017 10:00AM

This is not about one parent, this is about a principal who did not do the right thing. When he was called out, he threw everyone else under the bus!

I agree that Park's actions inadvertently got P fired, However, Coach P should have never been fired, that was all on the principal, how do you explain that one? All of a sudden when Thomas saw Poyhthress's name on a witness list, he took him down. That is corruption my friend. Look up "whistleblower protection"

Coach P may not be the most PC person, but he seems to be the only one who was going to do the right thing in this situation and he was fired because of it. I hope he collects a huge settlement from FCPS and that will be all on Dave Thomas

The new AD is part of the Principal inner circle, he was the "lackey" who did all the dirty work for Thomas, he should have used better judgement, he needs to go as well

Thomas needs to pay the price for the damage he caused, ruining careers, damage to reputations and killing a once very proud football program, that's all on Thomas, so I support Park going after him.

Posted by: parentsoflbkids ()
Date: July 23, 2017 10:40AM

This has been the topic of conversation for people of Burke thru out the summer.

Most of the parents and students are tired of seeing LB name being dragged through the mud.

I agree with a previous poster who said clean house, get rid of all of them and start fresh.

I just don't see this going away unless a fresh start is initiated. The new Superintendent needs to reevaluate this case.

Have the parents vote if they have confidence in Dave Thomas or not. I would think at this time, it would be a vote of no confidence in him.

If the parents are getting the high profile attorney on this case as posted, this will get even worse.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: July 23, 2017 02:17PM

I agree with Sickened and Disgusted. It's pathetic that FCPS employees are coming on this blog to attack one of the team parents to deflect attention away from disaster at Lake Braddock and the betrayal of underage girls. Have you people no shame at all. Sickened and disgusted indeed.

Posted by: money ()
Date: July 24, 2017 12:21AM

Some have mentioned a payoff for the coach. How is this determined? How much money are we talking? Seems to me he was ruined for no reason. May be tough to get another job based on what was done. Not sure how much could fix all that

Posted by: YBJ6H ()
Date: July 24, 2017 11:55AM

ashamedatlb Wrote:
> This is not about one parent, this is about a
> principal who did not do the right thing. When he
> was called out, he threw everyone else under the
> bus!
>
> I agree that Park's actions inadvertently got P
> fired, However, Coach P should have never been
> fired, that was all on the principal, how do you
> explain that one? All of a sudden when Thomas saw
> Poyhthress's name on a witness list, he took him
> down. That is corruption my friend. Look up
> "whistleblower protection"
>
> Coach P may not be the most PC person, but he
> seems to be the only one who was going to do the
> right thing in this situation and he was fired
> because of it. I hope he collects a huge
> settlement from FCPS and that will be all on Dave
> Thomas
>
> The new AD is part of the Principal inner circle,
> he was the "lackey" who did all the dirty work for
> Thomas, he should have used better judgement, he
> needs to go as well
>
> Thomas needs to pay the price for the damage he
> caused, ruining careers, damage to reputations and
> killing a once very proud football program, that's
> all on Thomas, so I support Park going after him.

Isn't a bit premature to say the football program has been "killed" not one official practice has taken place let alone a scrimmage or a game. Why not hold off and give Doc a chance. I haven't heard of any kids not playing or transferring out of LB cause the old coach got fired.

Before you say new coach never won, let's look at where he came from, not the demographics that LB has had that's for sure, anyone can win with superior talent, look at Barry Switzer.

Posted by: Doctor ()
Date: July 24, 2017 05:16PM

I saw Poythress in Burke today at dentist. Seemed the same. Said he thinks LB should win at least 8. Said he wants the kids to do well and that he likes Coach Doc. I thought he would be angry.So 8 wins is doing the job. LB fans can live with 7 maybe a year with just 6, but anything less¿

Posted by: bruin4 lyfe ()
Date: July 24, 2017 05:18PM

That's just an excuse coaches who don't/can't win use. coach the players you have and stop complaining. Doc has not shown he can win at the lower levels or he would have gotten opportunities before this. If you build the program people will want to come play. He hasn't done that anywhere he has been.

If you are trying to call out coach P and compare Doc to him, that would be ridiculous.

Most of the coaches in the region were happy Doc got the job, the other 2 candidates were very established coaches and would have kept the program thriving.
The belief is that Doc isn't on the same level. Just keepin it real

Prove everyone wrong...... win some games!!!

Posted by: reginwatcher ()
Date: July 24, 2017 05:34PM

I agree with the poster above, too many times coaches are quick to blame the players not having the talent as the reason they cant win. I don't know coach Doc, but if he is making excuses about why he didn't win at past places, then he needs to look no further then himself.

Look at Madison, Hayfield, South Lakes Falls Church and even Mt Vernon, those coaches put the time in and built or rebuilt their programs. They may not compete with Westfield right now, but they are building the program and getting the players out to compete. That what coaching is, getting the most out of the players, the team with the most talent doesn't always win. Good coaching can win games as well.

Westfield has won 2 straight titles and both years the team they played had more talent,but coaching was the difference.

Posted by: MH7EE ()
Date: July 24, 2017 06:24PM

The reading comprehension of the last 2 posters are just abysmal. Look at what he posted, never mind let me try and spell it out for you.
1. All you LB pple are killing Doc before he's had a chance, wait and see what he does first.
2. Doc has improved each school he's been at so imagine (I know it's hard w/your small narrow minds but try) what he can do with the above talent level he now has access to at LB.
3. No one compared Doc to coach P. The poster did in a round about way compare coach P to Barry Switzer which was a poor example, Switzer actually won a championship at college and pros. Coach P is more like Marty Shottenheimer, good regular season, can't get over the hump in the post season.

Now if LB only manages 7 wins in the regular season then have at it and call for Doc to be fired but wait til the season starts. You haven't lost any kids this off season because of the scandal so no need for all the doom & gloom.

Posted by: nomorelbfan ()
Date: July 24, 2017 06:47PM

Why do you have to get personal with the person posting, they were only giving their opinion, just like you gave yours.

So should I say you are an idiot for thinking Doc is a winner?
Where has he proved that?

1. LB people, as you called them, expect to win, 5-5 6-4 will not cut it at LB

2. Woodson won state titles in boys BB and Lacrosse and are very competitive in all sports, there is talent in the school, Doc didn't want to take the time to develop it.

3. LB schedule doesn't favor them at all.
Westfield, Stonebridge, West Potomac, Robinson, South County and Oakton 3-3 would be lucky. Most likely 2-4 in this stretch. If they stumble against West Springfield or Woodson, the season would be a complete failure.

4.LB record for 2017 5-5 at best 6-4

Why waste time, us LB people are starting the call for him early.

Posted by: Calm your panties downl ()
Date: July 25, 2017 07:42AM

My opinion is that you are a fucktard and don't deserve to win, all you LB pple waiting for the other shoe to drop truly suck ass, how about standing by the team and those boys who are out there playing, but you all would rather prove yourselves right by sucking and get to say Doc can't coach. Last I checked how many state appearances did old coach P make, I think it would be the same number as Doc.

Posted by: lboldtimer ()
Date: July 25, 2017 05:23PM

Sounds like someone got Docs panties all up in a wad.

Bottom line is Doc, you haven't dome anything on the football field to gain the regions respect. Win some meaningful games at Braddock and people will shut up.

I agree you should be given a chance to see what you can do. However, when you have your people coming on this board and tell people you have the best staff in the state, well your going to get blasted.

As far as trying to compare coach P to coach Doc, one has won more games at LB then any other coach in its history, that includes a coaching icon Francis Dall.

I wish Doc all the success and hope he can live up to his predecessors

Date: July 25, 2017 10:40PM

Excuse me, football jagoffs, we were talking about underage girls and the way they were sold out by LB, FCPS, and the democrat school board.

Posted by: Burke man ()
Date: July 25, 2017 11:29PM

Thomas needs to be fired.. bringing a scape goat in to save his own ass

Posted by: history ()
Date: July 25, 2017 11:41PM

Coach P won a state semi on a Tuesday and played the final on Saturday. A bogus fumble gave Dale the victory. The next year 2 costly miscues gave eventual champ Battlefield 14 points...one as LB was about to punch it in....final was 32 to 29...better to be lucky right...Doc never done that what?

Posted by: wayiseeit ()
Date: July 26, 2017 09:27AM

Here it is straight up!

Right now LB has the talent to go 8-2 or 9-1 and make a deep playoff run.
Anything less then that is a failure on the coaches.

Posted by: KVNEM ()
Date: July 26, 2017 09:39AM

history Wrote:
> Coach P won a state semi on a Tuesday and played
> the final on Saturday. A bogus fumble gave Dale
> the victory. The next year 2 costly miscues gave
> eventual champ Battlefield 14 points...one as LB
> was about to punch it in....final was 32 to
> 29...better to be lucky right...Doc never done
> that what?

I bet you proudly hang your participation medals.
Still P hasn't won anything to be held in such high esteem.
Just saying give new staff a shot before you crucify them.

"If you ain't first, you're last" - R.b.

Posted by: XYEBP ()
Date: July 26, 2017 09:46AM

Bruin 4 Life Wrote:
> Excuse me, football jagoffs, we were talking about
> underage girls and the way they were sold out by
> LB, FCPS, and the democrat school board.

Hey faggot, shut up! Maybe shift some of the blame to the parents for not being good parents and having open lines of communication with their girls that they couldn't come tell them of the situation and take action while it was happening.

Title of thread "sexual assault" is a bit of hyperbole. OP must write for the Enquirer.

Go fuck yourself!

Date: July 26, 2017 10:17AM

Woodson has as good of an overall athletic program as LB, they won state titles in BB, Lacrosse, competitive in baseball, if Doc and staff are so great, why didn't they stay at Woodson and build the program? They would have gained a lot more respect doing it that way, then moving on.

When Trey Taylor was at Woodson, they were competing for region titles.
I think the right coaching staff at Woodson, could turn things around and they could be as competitive as anyone else in the region.

I guess Doc and staff didn't want to put the work in to build a program that would have his name on it. It always easier to take a winning program and jump on the bus

Posted by: Bruin Dad II ()
Date: July 26, 2017 09:52PM

Gutless FCPS employee XYEBT, Did you really blame the parents of the underage girls whose lives were changed forever by these lowlifes? And call OP a faggot? If you weren't hiding behind your computer and showed your face, I'd pay to see those girls beat the living crap out of you.

Posted by: Bruin dad ()
Date: July 27, 2017 10:42AM

I'd also pay to see those girls beat the crap out of you, degenrate.

Posted by: Bruin Dad2 ()
Date: July 27, 2017 09:57PM

I see the school board met tonight, failed to act on the scandal at Lake Braddock, and spent their time talking about Civil War (1860) General JEB Stuart. Great job, idiots. You should be worrying about your next lawsuit. It will be a big one.

Posted by: Psst Davey boy ()
Date: July 29, 2017 10:11AM

Dave,
The goose is getting cooked. Soon you will be done. Keep lying to your wife though, she believes the lies.
Kerns,
You are a low level walrus. Do what your told eh? I jusr did what Hitler said...those guys were hanged.
HR,
So dirty...weasel city. Who holds you accountable? Soon you must pay up.
School board,
So many angry people. Best to act now or be voted out.How will you be remembered? Soft and spineless. Or...we cleaned up a shit storm.

Posted by: Bruin dad 2 ()
Date: July 29, 2017 07:31PM

Don't count on the school board. They've been AWOL on this scandal. They're busy making asses out of themselves on another matter.

Date: August 01, 2017 09:27PM

It ain't going away folks. More players joining the game. Can't believe FCPS and the School Board are willing to sell out these children and their families to protect their own. Shame. Shame. Shame. Stay tuned.

Posted by: Bruin Dad 2 ()
Date: August 02, 2017 12:14PM

Good. I'm glad the community is sticking together. I don't think these creeps were counting on that.

Posted by: School Board ()
Date: August 02, 2017 04:41PM

Where is the school board? Are they aware? Have they made a statement? Worried about the name of a school before protecting students and employees is pitiful. We all know the system is corrupt...but the Board?

Posted by: Still DISGUSTED ()
Date: August 02, 2017 09:24PM

Looking forward to first FB home game at LB. There just might be some journalists there. Smile Dave. Smile Karl.

Posted by: P Fan ()
Date: August 03, 2017 01:57PM

You are about to see the effect of losing Coach P. His greatest legacy will be the work he did placing his kids in college. Nobody else has been close.I'd rathet my son be on an 11 and 2 team and get college $ then to won states and call it a career. How much money did LB families save? Certainly millions!

Posted by: Money for nothing ()
Date: August 03, 2017 02:52PM

Yes, I have been told by a few recruiters that LB was the only school that put effort into finding a school for everyone. Other coaches were helpful to college coaches, but Poytress actually made phone calls for kids to generate interest, rather than just reacting to calls from colleges.

Date: August 03, 2017 09:45PM

I'm with Coach P but we're talking about the abuse of teenage girls here.

Posted by: Interested Observer ()
Date: August 05, 2017 09:37PM

Years from now, people will be asking how it was possible for FCPS to screw this up so badly at every single step. From the initial coverup, to the retribution, to the imaginary "investigation' to the stonewalling by the Gatehouse, to the brand new superintendent blowing off the case in his very first week in office, to the utterly useless school board failing to take action ......

This is the kind of story that eventually ends up on Dateline or 20/20.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

And all to protect one of their own. I agree with the guy who said 'this makes me sick.'

Date: August 05, 2017 11:00PM

This could be the shortest tenure of any FCPS superintendent.

If this blows up like it possibly could, then look for a lot of school board resignations along with the resignation of the superintendent.

At minimum, you will see all of the admin staff at LB reassigned or terminated.

Karma always has way of coming back around

Posted by: MT ()
Date: August 06, 2017 07:16AM

Nothing will happen. FCPS may cut corners, but not on their legal counsel. You can be sure that the new superintendent checked the legalities. FCPS is truly good at protecting its own - administration that is. Doubt there will be any shuffling of personnel. All they will do is institute more training for coaches and teachers to prevent sexual harassment. Probably most SB members were unaware of what occurred until the WaPost article.

Date: August 06, 2017 11:39AM

If a certain high profile civil rights attorney comes in like some are saying, this would blow up really fast with national news coverage.

You have one of the largest and affluent school systems in the country that is ranked in the top 5 in terms of education and they did nothing to protect female students from a potentially harmful situation.

I am not sure that FCPS SB would want that type of news coverage and would be more agreeable to some sort of reasonable settlement.

The LB admin staff is on its way out, you can bet on that. I cant imagine any other way to make this situation right.

Posted by: Coming Attractions ()
Date: August 07, 2017 09:46PM

Look for this to heat up as we approach the start of school. New Supt totally f'd this one up in his first week in his $450,000 job and the spineless FCPS hacks are getting nervous -- realizing they might have put their own bloated asses in the line of fire. All along, they they thought victims would forget about this. They haven't. Gatehouse parasites, LBSS lackeys, and impotent school board getting really nervous. They should be. Should be some sleepless nights coming up for the lowlifes who put their big paychecks ahead of the kids. Like the other guy said: makes me sick.

Posted by: School Board ()
Date: August 08, 2017 07:33PM

Get the school board to read this thread. They are out of touch. Gatehouse girls read the Underground!

Date: August 08, 2017 10:07PM

School board special election candidates at Burke farmers market on Saturday. Ask them where they stand on the Lake Braddock scandal?

Posted by: Keepin' it Real ()
Date: August 09, 2017 09:34AM

BREAKING NEWS
CNN reports Dave Thomas & Karl Kerns have announced they are running mates in the August 29, 2017 Special Election - Fairfax County School Board Member - Running mates seek 2 At Large seats

Dave Thomas is quoted saying "On August 29th, GET OUT AND VOTE, help us get to the next level, together (Karl & I) can CONTINUE to sweep EVERYTHING under the rug." He also stated "A guy can only eat so much Glory Days & Mangino's, we've out grown Burke, have you been to the Mosaic dist recently?" "It's time we get outta Burke, WE MUST utilize our corp FCPS American Express card. With the variety of restaurants @ the Mosaic dist & my buddy Scotty (Scott Brabrand) @ the helm now, NO MORE GLORY DAY WINGS FOR THIS GUY"

Let's Make FCPS GREAT AGAIN! 1 broom at a time!!

Posted by: Jsieiejdjxnsjns ()
Date: August 09, 2017 09:46AM

After reading the second WaPo article, did the county claim the parents complaint against LB's handling of the situation unfounded OR the sexual harassment allegations itself were unfounded? I believe it was the latter right?

Those of you who think anything substantial will happen, I'm sorry to break it to you but FCPS has done far worse. At LB alone, there are 2 admins who were dumped there from other schools for doing shady stuff (sexual harassment of teachers, hacking into email etc.). There are 2 admins who got their position through nepotism. Dave himself has never left since high school which I think shouldn't be allowed. He has too many emotional connections to staff and the school that he doesn't know how to lead.

Posted by: What's up? ()
Date: August 12, 2017 01:18PM

What's the latest with this travesty?

Posted by: 7woods ()
Date: August 12, 2017 03:17PM

7woods got ya P. Bout to ride.

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.