HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4
Lake Braddock Sexual Assault and Corruption
Posted by: Karl Kerns ()
Date: June 29, 2017 07:16PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lake Braddock Sexual Assault and Corruption
Posted by: The Saga Continues ()
Date: June 29, 2017 07:48PM

This will cost FCPS more than renaming JEB Stuart HS.

And we get to watch it all play out on Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: LB Parent ()
Date: June 29, 2017 08:20PM

The girls should not have been subjected to this type of treatment.

"One survey provided to The Post described Giannelli “making sexual references to a player who was blowing up a balloon, suggesting she had her lips on a condom.”

Posted by: dandan the man man ()
Date: June 29, 2017 08:27PM

Is Karl Kerns the big fat guy at all the athletic events?
If so, maybe he should clean up his appearance or buy bigger shirts. No one wants to see that representing their athletic programs

Posted by: LBSS alumni ()
Date: June 29, 2017 09:26PM

The football coach who left LBSS has a history of using racial and homophobic slurs and was caught again.
I don't know why FCPS fired coach G for sexual comments but not Poythress.
He treated us terribly on the team and I'm glad my kids will be playing football only after he retires.

Posted by: Finally ()
Date: June 29, 2017 09:27PM

Why does Thomas still have a job? So to all the people who said LB does not have corruption guess you were wrong. Dave Thomas is very corrupt.

Posted by: He didn't do it ()
Date: June 29, 2017 09:29PM

My daughter played for G and never had an issue.

Posted by: Goes Back ()
Date: June 29, 2017 09:56PM

I was never a Mike Clark fan but it seems like the old DSA did the right thing.

Posted by: Finally ()
Date: June 29, 2017 10:10PM

Finally the principal is being investigated

Posted by: Corrupt Board ()
Date: June 29, 2017 10:30PM

Schultz and McLaughlin are corrupt

Posted by: Foster's Lager ()
Date: June 29, 2017 11:30PM

Doesn't FCPS have rules and regulations? Isn't there a procedure to follow when complaints are filed? Are principals involved in investigations that they are the targets of?

There must be guidelines!

How does the School Board handle complaints? Who advises the School Board members?

This cluster is happening in our county, one of the richest in the country?

Maybe the new Superintendent should begin with a good house cleaning!

Posted by: be4real ()
Date: June 29, 2017 11:47PM

Thomas will be held accountable, they will remove him from Lake Braddock and transfer him to Gatehouse.

So since all of the evidence points to Thomas, Poythress and Clark will be offered full retirement on a early basis.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: June 30, 2017 03:04AM

He didn't do it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My daughter played for G and never had an issue.

You wouldn’t know whether your daughter had an issue or not.

Posted by: Poythrezs ()
Date: June 30, 2017 02:56PM

Coach P was a jokester. He took care of all of us no matter race or sexual choice. I am gay and he was the 1st to know. Still very close to him. Ask Wasim, Ali, Mansaray,Yung Wan ect..if he was racist. You are a hater anon. Ask his players and coaches

Posted by: Ed ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:15PM

So Thomas ruined 2 peoples careers with this cover up, he should be fired!

Poythress's legacy will be forever tainted and for no good reason other then Dave Thomas covering his ass.

How does FCPS justify firing the AD and HFC/teacher under false pretenses?
I understand that coaching is only a year to year contract, but come one who fired a coach who has had a top 5 program in the state for the last few years for no good reason?

I understand the girls BB coach was never even interviewed during this investigation.....pitiful!!!!

I hope the new superintendent coming in gets rid of the all of the dead weight

Posted by: Jackson Stonewall ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:41PM

The new superintendent did a stint as associate principal at LBSS so he may have some familiarity with the subject characters and their conduct and performance record. I would expect him to move quickly on these matters.

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:41PM

Can't wait to see how this plays out.
Attachments:
popcorn5.gif

Posted by: Girls coach ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:44PM

The former girls coach brought him in as her assistant.

Posted by: Futbol ()
Date: June 30, 2017 05:58PM

LBSS alumni Wrote:
> The football coach who left LBSS has a history of
> using racial and homophobic slurs and was caught
> again.
> I don't know why FCPS fired coach G for sexual
> comments but not Poythress.
> He treated us terribly on the team and I'm glad my
> kids will be playing football only after he
> retires.

It's football!!! Coaches are gonna call kids names and if they can't handle that, then they don't belong on the field. And coach p never even used offensive racial slurs

Posted by: Boycott Fairfax Sportsplex ()
Date: June 30, 2017 06:13PM

So the old girls basketball coach sexual harasses minors and everyone covers it up. I say we should boycott his new business. BOYCOTT FAIRFAX SPORTSPLEX to show your support for these young victims.

Posted by: Betty ()
Date: June 30, 2017 07:04PM

I gave him a blowjob once. He's not a big fella if you know what I mean. I swallowed his load, though, it was nice.

Posted by: SteveBannon ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:47AM

Foster's Lager Wrote:
> Doesn't FCPS have rules and regulations? Isn't
> there a procedure to follow when complaints are
> filed? Are principals involved in investigations
> that they are the targets of?
>
> There must be guidelines!
>
> How does the School Board handle complaints? Who
> advises the School Board members?
>
> This cluster is happening in our county, one of
> the richest in the country?
>
> Maybe the new Superintendent should begin with a
> good house cleaning!
Incoming superintendent is from a rich area in California-Thousand oaks. There she could not battle the teachers unions with her proposals, and succeed. I asked my Thousand Oaks buddy bout her and after googling her, he had an anecdote: she's a huge proponent of having the schools boundarie's families contribute $$$ to improve the school rather than wait for state funds to come thru. As a principal at some CA school, the PRO was so involved and wealthy, every kid got a iPad! Super rich kids had to buy their own. Poor kids hit the IT lottery. She also encourages companies to mentor kids to career paths-like coding and online marketing etc. techy stuff.
I think she's getting over $250k in salary.

Posted by: SteveBannon ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:51AM

Boycott Fairfax Sportsplex Wrote:
> So the old girls basketball coach sexual harasses
> minors and everyone covers it up. I say we should
> boycott his new business. BOYCOTT FAIRFAX
> SPORTSPLEX to show your support for these young
> victims.

Boycott yourself you demented ex employee! You remind of the chick that started making lies about Derek mohler on HERE!

U r MUD spelled backwards

Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: July 01, 2017 04:43PM

Sometimes I can not believe the stupidity of people

Posted by: Dumb ass ()
Date: July 01, 2017 05:05PM

These are acusations against the coach. A investigation was never done and in the article he said he wants an investigation and would look forward to. There have been many case of sexual harassment that ended up not sexual harassment after an investigation has been done. Everyone is crucifying this guy just from hearing one side of the story. Why ruin his life before an investigation is done.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: July 01, 2017 05:11PM

I know many of girls that have played for Coach G and NONE of them EVER had an issue with him and all of sudden his last year ther he starts sexual harassing players. I hope they talk to all his assistant coaches because they are always there. Something doesnt smell right here. I hope they talk to all the girls that played for him in the past.

Posted by: True Facts ()
Date: July 01, 2017 05:44PM

Maybe you should get your facts right before you make a stupid statement. One of the many untrue facts in the article was about Coach G owning the
Fairfax sportsplex because he doesn't.

Posted by: True facts ()
Date: July 01, 2017 06:45PM

Heres another untrue fact in the article. LB and other schools do off season workouts at the Sportsplex. Well look what was just posted by the reporter who wrote the article in the comments sections on the bottom of the article. Let's see how many more untrue facts in this article we can find.

Jacob Bogage
6:24 PM EDT
Hello, Jacob here again. I stand corrected in my comment. The Sportsplex has volleyball facilities, not basketball. My apologies.

Posted by: Bruin 4 Life ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:52PM

Well, well, it looks like Coach G is weighing in.

Posted by: 7FBH4 ()
Date: July 02, 2017 09:11AM

found this on another page.

Here is some of the info the reporter left out... Way to go WAPO

I wonder how many of these posts are by Jim Poythress himself...

and poythress has always called students fags and retards in his class. they had to remove him from his job as a psych teacher because he was giving students the answers to exams and spent most of the class trying to impress his football players by bragging about how much weed he used to smoke. its all pretty sad actually, but im not surprised that a bunch of adults who still follow HS sports and drama think he's a good guy. when he talks to his players and students he puts on an ebonic affectation like hes jamie kennedy in malibu's most wanted. he's a turd.

In weight training class a few years ago, Poythress stood behind a girl from the basketball team and mouthed over and over, "bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch." He looked like a middle schooler with his tidy whities in a wad. Very embarrassed for him.

AND THIS IS WHERE ALL THE PROBLEMS STARTED. THE SAME ONE THAT CONTACTED THE WASHINGTON POST TO HELP THEM WRITE THE ARTICLE
Bill Park

^^^ Agreed. Sour grapes, nobody hurts his snowflake (aka delivers consequences)and gets away with it. Heard from a reliable source that UMD got an anonymous letter about "the truth". Too many people really know what happened that night. Hopefully it's front page news in the WashPo when they dig up the details. Old man Park can go sit down.

Jp is a liar. He could never win the big game...ran his mouth like he was one of the kids. He knew about his players being drunk in a car at 3am back in Oct. Didnt want to loose his D1 player. So he tried to hide it. Maybe if D1 daddy and his wrestling coach buddy didnt try to hide it...things would have been different. If you want an investigation against someone, look at D1 daddy who is using his job to influence the school board. More to come...........

Bill Park will have to live with the fact that his obsession with taking down the LB Principal and covering for his son indirectly caused Coach Poythress to loose his job and forever stained this coach’s legacy.
Bill Park will have to live with the fact that his
> obsession with taking down the LB Principal and
> covering for his son indirectly caused Coach
> Poythress to loose his job and forever stained
> this coach’s legacy.
the Maryland commit on the lake Braddock team
> seriously needs to be reprimanded kid posted a
> video of himself doing anal with a 15 year old on
> his social media account embarrassing for the
> school and the program.

It is also widely known the UMD commit tweets on his private twitter about receiving money/checks from Maryland for recruiting players. Never got reprimanded for being caught with alcohol in the car during football season. Played the next game...same guy. Never gets reprimanded

^^One of the truest things on this site.
i have met JP... Maturity is not his strong suit..

Posted by: Talk of the Town ()
Date: July 02, 2017 03:35PM

This has been the talk of town at our neighborhood pool this weekend. The big question, of course, is how could FCPS sit on this scandal for almost 2 years. And what about the kids who have had to live with this? It makes me sick. What a cesspool.

Posted by: Lake Braddockian ()
Date: July 02, 2017 03:54PM

I agree with this statement from another site. Besides the WAPO had had to change their story some too. That bothers me. IT almost seems that they were pushed to get it out. Also it states that there are a few hundred pages that they were not privileged too. That makes me think the county is sitting on another round of charges against the coach and maybe some parents too

After reading these posts its my opinion that this coach was a mean spirited person. Calling someone Faggot or Bitch as it has been reported is unacceptable in today's society. I applaud Fairfax County for taking action on this what sounds like a another Donald Trump minded person. There is no room in this wonderful county for people like this to be here. Get the evil ones out.

It makes me sick. What a cesspool.

Posted by: lake Cess Poolian ()
Date: July 02, 2017 04:08PM

How can FCPS sit on it for 2 years? The history is long and Storied with FCPS they recycled a lot of Sexual Deviants through the Years...many wandered the Halls of Braddock and just about every other school...

Posted by: Bruin Mom ()
Date: July 02, 2017 04:49PM

Hey Lake Braddockian, I think the other poster was talking about the underage girl victims. This story has been out for some time. Nobody gives a crap whether this guy owned or was employed by the sportsplex Place. People in the LB community want to know about the coverup and if their kids are going to be protected by those hired to protect them. Cesspool is a very good comparison from what I hear.

Posted by: uconnC ()
Date: July 02, 2017 05:13PM

Don't comment if you don't know. 99 percent live P. Ernesto dad mad his son is a mess. If you dont know now ya know

Posted by: bruindogs09 ()
Date: July 02, 2017 05:37PM

Lake Braddockian Wrote:
> I agree with this statement from another site.
> Besides the WAPO had had to change their story
> some too. That bothers me. IT almost seems that
> they were pushed to get it out. Also it states
> that there are a few hundred pages that they were
> not privileged too. That makes me think the county
> is sitting on another round of charges against the
> coach and maybe some parents too
>
>
>
>
> After reading these posts its my opinion that this
> coach was a mean spirited person. Calling someone
> Faggot or Bitch as it has been reported is
> unacceptable in today's society. I applaud Fairfax
> County for taking action on this what sounds like
> a another Donald Trump minded person. There is no
> room in this wonderful county for people like this
> to be here. Get the evil ones out.
>
> It makes me sick. What a cesspool.

Then fire all the football coaches in FFX county, I'm quite sure they have all used those terms sometime or another.

That's why kids are like they are today, give them a trophy for participating because we don't want their feelings hurt.

The difference between kids now and the kids in the 40, 50 60 70s at 18 most went to war defending our country, the kids today go to counseling if someone yells at them or calls them a name.

Whatever happened to the phrase "stick and stones"

As much as this country has moved forward with technology and achievement, we have moved backwards socially. Everyone has to be "PC", well I say F all that this is a free country speak your mind!!!!

Date: July 02, 2017 05:49PM

After reading all this, we can see the massive cover up Thomas did to save his job, he threw everyone under the bus he thought would stand in his way. They need to fire Thomas and Kerns and bring P and Clark back. Its the only fair thing to do.

Who cares if Ernesto's dad don't like it, he is terrible and he only comes to practice once every few weeks anyways. Let him quit.

Posted by: Truth of the matter ()
Date: July 02, 2017 08:18PM

The post above is spot on. Anyone close to the situation knows the deal. As for the one or two people on this thread bashing Coach P, it's clear that you are the few and those who support P are the many. Every redundant, repetitive, whining post is the same, most are written (and rewritten) by Ernesto's dad. A man who thinks he has an axe to grind when really he is the problem. Forget blaming others Sir. Instead try looking in the mirror if you want to point fingers. Your son's inability to play football is not his fault, and it isn't Coach P's fault, nor is it anyone else's fault. YOU let him get grotesquely obese before he ever reached high school. YOU are to blame. YOU failed your son. Go ahead, keep ducking personal responsibility and casting blame to cover your personal shame. Keep on with with your complaining, but know this... because of YOUR failure as a parent, your son is not capable of moving faster than a painfully laboring shuffle. If football had a position where being immensely overweight and standing like a statue were called for, your son would be perfect. Otherwise, useless. Again, it isn't his fault. It's YOURS.

Posted by: Bruin 4 LifeTV ()
Date: July 02, 2017 09:27PM

Let's get back on track, folks. This isn't about some kid named Ernesto or his allegedly dumbass dad. It's about underage girls who were let down at every level by an incompetent and corrupt FCPS and it's impotent school board. This is not going to go away. Count on it.

Posted by: No Shit ()
Date: July 02, 2017 10:44PM

Yes, it is about the girls who were harmed first and foremost. No one in their right mind is arguing that that isn't the case. However, in connection with all of this, the coach who was listed as a witness in defense of those girls had his career threatened, his coaching position of 13 years ended, and his reputation trampled. The two things are not mutually exclusive as one is the direct result of the other. Now douchebag trolls are using it as an excuse to pile on and spread lies. So, as long as that continues, they are going to get called out. Count on it.

Date: July 02, 2017 10:53PM

No argument from me, NoShit. I understand Coach P was trying to do the right thing by the girls. Totally support him. Also have seen the incredible damage caused to underage girls because of The FCPS regime. It is pathetic -- like a third world police state.

Posted by: Many girls ()
Date: July 02, 2017 11:16PM

There were many girls who were damaged no this is way before the recent coach. Some of these girls are still trying to move on from the damage that was caused.

Posted by: No Shit ()
Date: July 02, 2017 11:57PM

Agreed with all of that. This whole thing needs to be sorted out and heads need to roll, starting with Thomas, then Gatehouse. They all could have done the right thing from the beginning. Instead they let it fester, lost control, and then threw people under the buss to save their own skin. Pathetic. Thankfully, things are coming to light with this article and the continuing pressure from parents, Good people got hurt in this mess, starting with the girls. Those responsible should pay the price.

Date: July 03, 2017 12:01AM

Thanks, NoShit. You seem to understand. Stay tuned.

Date: July 03, 2017 02:59PM

Very good letter to the editor in today's WaPo. Sums it up pretty well.

Posted by: Loss of Yards ()
Date: July 03, 2017 04:32PM

Allegations again Coach P. were pretty picky and stupid IMO.

Posted by: bruindogs09 ()
Date: July 03, 2017 05:19PM

Exactly!!!

Thomas knew coach P could provide details that he didn't want the investigators to know.

Sounds like Thomas panicked, he has to come up with anything he could on short notice:

Come on!!!

Opening a side door for a college recruiter
Calling someone a name or two on the football field

That's the best he could come up with?
Worst of all FCPS didn't do anything to investigate any of this, so he was removed from the school that he had been at for the last 13 years.

Say what you want about coach P, looks like at least he had the integrity to do the right thing when students are involved. How many others would have stood up for those girls?

Posted by: Bruin 4 life ()
Date: July 03, 2017 11:38PM

I've been right so far, folks. Wait til LBSS issues their bogus report. There is one LB Dad who is going to go nuts. And it isn't who you think.

Posted by: Burke79 ()
Date: July 04, 2017 09:24AM

I guess no one knows that Bill Park has a daughter that was on the team?

Posted by: regionwatcher1 ()
Date: July 04, 2017 10:03AM

So from reading this article coach Poythress, the winningest football coach in LB history was fired for potentially standing up for girls who were being sexually harassed in the girls BB program.

I don't know, but where I am from, that should be applauded, not grounds for firing.

Was Dave Thomas that desperate that he stooped so low as to fire a good Samaritan to cover him self?

I had 2 kids play for coach Poythress a few years ago, they had nothing but great things to say about him and had a great high school football experience. His style may have been a little awkward, but his message always seem to be clear and always got across.

My guess is that Thomas will be re assigned to somewhere else in the county and will go peacefully.

I wish coach P the very best and hope that the FCPS do the right thing and restore his job and coaching position back at LB

Posted by: Lb Mom ()
Date: July 04, 2017 09:37PM

I don't think "reassignment" is going to sell.

Posted by: TV Guy ()
Date: July 05, 2017 09:15PM

Looks like we've got a whole new ballgame here, folks. Gatehouse folks have got to be dancing fast now. School Board knuckleheads have got to be saying "Holy Shit, Ryan McElveen. Could be that folks are going to want to know why we've been spending all of our time trying to get boys access to the girls bathrooms and whining about Confederate generals. And, all along, we knew about this bullshit at Lake Braddock. My, oh my, what are we going to do now?'

Posted by: Correct Politically ()
Date: July 05, 2017 11:53PM

People who call the old football coach a simpleton have been fooled. His sister is a lawyer who runs a mega company. His brother is a famous doctor. His father is a mega millionaire.
The old coach is a cover. Did you know he scored a perfect GRE. He is well read and slick as grease. FCPS picked the wrong guy to mess with. BTW same coach has more black and Jewish friends than anyone I know. He at Mass every Sunday. That is the honest truth.
Meantime, all the FCPS principal's and lawyers act smart while they lie to us. Maybe Ernesto's Dad likes to troll dishonesty, but don't believe it. Don't let Gatehouse spin a false narrative. Stand up for the coach who stood up for the girls.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 06, 2017 01:49AM

TV Guy Wrote:
> Looks like we've got a whole new ballgame here,
> folks. Gatehouse folks have got to be dancing fast
> now. School Board knuckleheads have got to be
> saying "Holy Shit, Ryan McElveen. Could be that
> folks are going to want to know why we've been
> spending all of our time trying to get boys access
> to the girls bathrooms and whining about
> Confederate generals. And, all along, we knew
> about this bullshit at Lake Braddock. My, oh my,
> what are we going to do now?'

For those that have been paying attention it is not a new ball game, it is the same old ball game. The school board has been playing politics with pet projects and social engineering while the quality of education is declining among the illegal immigrants, cancer causing football fields and changing bathroom signs. Ryan McElveen, Ilryong Moon and most of the rest of the School Board is a cancer that must be removed.

Date: July 06, 2017 09:53PM

As predicted,FCPS is now on DEFCOM 4. And the School Board is trying to figure out how they can get out of this clusterf... that they knew about a year ago. Oh, what a tangled web we weave. Some folks never learn. You think it's ugly now?

Posted by: You sound like a bitch ()
Date: July 06, 2017 10:07PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> TV Guy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Looks like we've got a whole new ballgame here,
> > folks. Gatehouse folks have got to be dancing
> fast
> > now. School Board knuckleheads have got to be
> > saying "Holy Shit, Ryan McElveen. Could be that
> > folks are going to want to know why we've been
> > spending all of our time trying to get boys
> access
> > to the girls bathrooms and whining about
> > Confederate generals. And, all along, we knew
> > about this bullshit at Lake Braddock. My, oh
> my,
> > what are we going to do now?'
>
>
> For those that have been paying attention it is
> not a new ball game, it is the same old ball game.
> The school board has been playing politics with
> pet projects and social engineering while the
> quality of education is declining among the
> illegal immigrants, cancer causing football fields
> and changing bathroom signs. Ryan McElveen,
> Ilryong Moon and most of the rest of the School
> Board is a cancer that must be removed.

When will you announce you are running for a position on the school board?
Probably never as you would rather just bitch

Posted by: best bets ()
Date: July 06, 2017 11:12PM

Who has to go?
1. Principal Thomas
2. AD Kerns
3. Investigator Gibson
4. Kevin Sills
5. Chase Ramey
6. John Foster
7. Mclaughlin
8. Schultz

Date: July 06, 2017 11:56PM

You sound like a bitch Wrote:
> Inquisitive One Wrote:
> -----
> > TV Guy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Looks like we've got a whole new ballgame
> here,
> > > folks. Gatehouse folks have got to be dancing
> > fast
> > > now. School Board knuckleheads have got to be
> > > saying "Holy Shit, Ryan McElveen. Could be
> that
> > > folks are going to want to know why we've
> been
> > > spending all of our time trying to get boys
> > access
> > > to the girls bathrooms and whining about
> > > Confederate generals. And, all along, we knew
> > > about this bullshit at Lake Braddock. My, oh
> > my,
> > > what are we going to do now?'
> >
> >
> > For those that have been paying attention it is
> > not a new ball game, it is the same old ball
> game.
> > The school board has been playing politics
> with
> > pet projects and social engineering while the
> > quality of education is declining among the
> > illegal immigrants, cancer causing football
> fields
> > and changing bathroom signs. Ryan McElveen,
> > Ilryong Moon and most of the rest of the School
> > Board is a cancer that must be removed.
>
>
> When will you announce you are running for a
> position on the school board?
> Probably never as you would rather just bitch

The sad truth is that I am unelectable in Fairfax County. I do not currently have kids in the school system, my background is in business and most importantly I would not make disingenuous commitments to the electorate in order to get elected. I would be more than willing to volunteer for a candidate that would work to improve education without spending an inordinate amount of time turning the kids into dysfunctional zombies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 12:00AM by Inquisitive One.

Posted by: No Sympathy ()
Date: July 07, 2017 08:16PM

I, for one, have no sympathy for those folks who are now sweating and having trouble sleeping, not because they feel any sense of guilt for whitewashing unforgivable behavior, but because they got caught. Karma has a way of catching up with you.

Posted by: Me Either! ()
Date: July 07, 2017 08:42PM

No Sympathy Wrote:
> I, for one, have no sympathy for those folks who
> are now sweating and having trouble sleeping, not
> because they feel any sense of guilt for
> whitewashing unforgivable behavior, but because
> they got caught. Karma has a way of catching up
> with you.

Truth always wins! Bill Park and his nastiness is coming back to haunt him and everyone he associates himself with. Elizabeth Schultz and Megan McLaughlin - you are being judged on the company you keep. Mr. Park is bad news and those caught in his web of lies are drop'n like flies!! Those he is against are WINNING!

Posted by: Ruin 4 Life ()
Date: July 08, 2017 11:41PM

Just got word that the bureaucrats are gathering together for a last stand before they get their bloated asses totally kicked. If I were them, I'd stop blogging. They're digging a deeper hole. Look for a lot of " retirements" in the coming weeks.

Posted by: New Super ()
Date: July 09, 2017 08:13PM

New Super starts tomorrow. This case may define his career.Will he do the right thing? He is an old pal of some characters involved. For 300K a year feed em to the fishes Scott

Date: July 09, 2017 09:34PM

Heads will roll, starting tomorrow

Date: July 10, 2017 08:36PM

As I've said, my friends, stay tuned. It only gets worse from here.

Quiet, LBSS/FCPS posters. You're only digging yourself in deeper.

Welcome, Mr. Superintendent.

Posted by: Bree Funger ()
Date: July 11, 2017 03:32PM

Okay sports fans, it's time to put on your rally caps.

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: July 11, 2017 05:20PM

So can coaches no longer call players "pansies" or "creampuffs"? I didn't realize that made a man a neonazi...

Posted by: ol 55 ()
Date: July 11, 2017 05:48PM

July 11 and nothing has happened.
I thought you clowns promised big news - yesterday- nothing; today- nothing
Boring........

Posted by: Mehhhh ()
Date: July 11, 2017 07:52PM

This seems to be a whole lot of nothing. Not a peep from FCPS nor LB. Faculty is being asked to make Pro Dave signs and show up to Luther Jackson Thursday - but for what? Nothing is clear and at this point, who knows what the truth is. I wouldn't be surprised if zero happened. LB is a drop zone for all sorts of shady Asst Principals. They screw up at another school then get placed at LB til retirement or another spot opens up. This story made it to WaPo but the county has been doing shady crap for years.

Posted by: bruin4 lyfe ()
Date: July 11, 2017 08:14PM

Who is asking the LB faculty to make pro Dave signs?
Are they being asked or told they better, because their job depends on it.

I understand the LB faculty is not allowed to speak on this at all or they will be terminated.

Also, I believe there will be parents that are representing the opposition to Thomas, and want justice to be served on him.

Lets face it, Dave Thomas did some really shady things that put students in jeopardy, then compounded it by firing the football coach and Athletic Director.

Dave MUST GO!!!!!

Posted by: Spille the Beans ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:22PM

Ms Spille in English is leading the Pro Dave group. Her son played baseball so she is inner circle. Judy Edwards also.

Posted by: truthisoutthere ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:23PM

With all due respect to the fine journalism of the WP, there is so much wrong with this story--I'm not even sure where to begin.

For one, why is a school board member, Elizabeth Schultz, commenting on personnel matters? Isn't the school board in the business of making policies that benefit students? Not interjecting in public comments and judgments about school employees? Seeing as though your piece contradicts that, I think much of the school community would find your article to be tabloid journalism at best.

Second, how is it that one parent, who has a daughter on the basketball team and a son on the football team, is able to spin the facts of two unrelated incidents? The information you present from that parent's side of the story is nonsense and completely unreliable, disgraceful coming from a national newspaper as reputable as yours. You claim to have 2400 emails, and if that is true, you should have emails between Mr. Poythress and this parent coordinating a plot to fire the principal with the help of their, once again, all too involved school board member. Why would these two men want to do such a thing with the help of their school board member?

Third, you picked this story up way after it left the station and negated to include where it first began. That is, on the Fairfax County Parkway at 2 AM when a car of five of Lake Braddock's football players was pulled over by a fairfax county police officer, all found to be intoxicated, and all released to their parents with ZERO charges pressed for committing a real and dangerous crime. Mr. Bogage, if you are looking to inform the public on this issue, start where it began, and include everything. Write about how these five white teenagers were released from life ruining charges with nothing on them, write about how when FCPS took action against these individuals (in the form of enforcing the Participation Policy), the same parent who was mentioned earlier. The SAME parent (whose daughter is one the basketball team and coincidentally has a son on the football team) was INFURIATED by that, and is what actually ended Mr. Poythress' tenure as the football coach at Lake Braddock because he failed to report it to the administration.

Now, the story you compiled is not investigative enough, as you missed a HUGE part of the story. That police report is available to the public, as is all of the information I just said. That's a story, THAT's the truth. Write about the continuous behavior of parents that don't hold their kids accountable, don't allow them to fail, and don't allow them to feel the consequences of their actions, which might we mention would be completely different if the socioeconomic status and race of these unnamed people changed. There's your story, and the story you have, it's simply wrong, and it's not doing the justice you want it to, I can assure you. I know what's happening.

Posted by: seeds 89 ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:52PM

Why are you pointing out that the five football players are "white teenagers"?
Are you implying black athletes don't get away with breaking the rules?
Certainly you don't believe that. Then why bring race into it?

Posted by: be4real ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:52PM

I see Ernesto's dad is back to posting and has all the facts twisted to favor him self. Give it up everyone knows it you.

Coach P was listed as a witness nothing more, there was never any back an forth emails between him or anyone else.

Coach P did discipline the players in question and reported it to the Administration. Anything that went on afterwards was out of his hands. Again, P did the right thing. He has always run a clean program, so don't even go there

Coach was fired because an egotistical principal didn't want to risk coach P telling the FCPS investigators that Dave knew about what happened in the girls BB program and failed to report it.

Dave Thomas put those girls at risk, regardless of what did or didn't happen, he should have at minimum, conducted an investigation.

Thomas has tried to ruin the careers of 2 people the HFC and AD. Sorry Dave, it your turn, you should be terminated immediately.

Date: July 11, 2017 09:53PM

Wow. That post was an incredible exercise in misdirection. And what a pathetic, desperate attempt it was. This story is about underage girls and their mistreatment by an incompetent and arrogant system that fail to protect them. That's what it was always about. Your continued efforts to draw attention away from that only make you look like gutless and very small bureaucrats who fail to understand the damage you have done to children because of your arrogance and incompetence. You make me sick.

Posted by: dawgpound14 ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:11PM

Make all the Save Dave's job posters you want for the school board meeting.

He is going down!!!

Failure to protect and keep students in a safe environment is very serious!

Apparently it wasn't a priority for this principal

Posted by: Focus ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:13PM

At the end of the day, a proper investigation into the players allegations never occurred - and this is something that needs to be rectified in a major way. It's been over a year and no one was ever interviewed - students or staff! This is the crux of the issue and this is why Dave needs to go, he's ultimately responsible. But like the previous poster said - LB is full of incompetent administrators, top to bottom.

Posted by: Burke connection ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:34PM

The football connection just doesn't make sense to me. If the principal wanted to keep him quiet, would it make sense to get rid of him. I often look at these stories to see how it all could be true. A couple possibilities: Clark never really informed Thomas of the details of the Dec 2015 meeting and thus after investigations, this is why he took the fall. Otherwise, I'm not sure why he would be out. Or, Clark did not follow up as required from the Dec 2015 meeting. The other possibility (and of course, there are more), Thomas may have protected the coach, but now is protecting himself. The fact that Poythress saw Clark and Thomas talking in March and after doesn't really seem relevant. Unless he had specifics about what was done, or not done, between December and March. And he doesn't sound happy, so if he has specifics, you would assume he will voice those. My back channel, reliable source indicates that Brent is a stand up guy, which again points to the possibility that maybe Clark did not act appropriately and thus why his removal was essentially initiated after the investigation completed in June.

Posted by: concerendparent ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:40PM

I can see FCPS board cleaning house at LB starting with the principal all of the asst principals and AD, all must go, start fresh.

I don't see anyway other way to try to right this ship.

Posted by: Stretch ()
Date: July 12, 2017 05:22AM

The "save Dave" posts on this thread are downright comical. Likely Kerns or some other lackey assigned to the task. Ernesto's dad is one fired up moron as well. Both of you idiots can save it, the ship has sailed.Decry the WAPO reporting all you like, but the facts are these:

1) Girls on the BB program brought a complaint, to this day it hasn't been addressed or even investigated properly, Where does the buck stop regarding this failure. Well, I can tell you it isn't the former HFC who was set up and fired when he did the right thing. So that leaves us with Thomas at LB, and the clowns at Gatehouse.

2) Thomas tried to sweep his botched cover up under the rug by firing the AD and the HFC. Shameless, gutless, move to save his own skin. Kerns is his stooge.

3) Kids drinking has nothing to do with the BB matter, that's just a weak attempt to change the subject and shift blame, plus Coach P reported it to the proper authorities. So, bitch all you want about the outcome, but that's another call made by the administration. Parents complained, the administration buckled. All of those decisions occur way above Coach P's pay grade. If anything, Thomas failed there as well. Nice try Ernesto's Dad, you are a first class douche.

4) Thomas didn't just remove the AD and the Coach, they were threatened both tacitly and directly at the County level. Jobs, pensions, reputation, future prospects, etc. Pressure was brought to bear to shut them up regarding the entire matter. Does that sound like the administration at LB or Gatehouse were interested in protecting the students, investigating properly, following protocol... or has this whole thing been about covering their own asses???

5) The majority of people who know Coach P, who worked with Coach P, the players who played for him, the parents of those players, and the community in general are absolutely in his corner. Those who are on here bashing him are the few disgruntled people who bitch and moan about everything, always blame others for their own failures, and who generally just suck. Yes, I'm looking at you Ernesto's Dad.

Posted by: But still ()
Date: July 12, 2017 06:56AM

Mike Clark didn't begin an investigation because he let the Coach resign instead, his hands are NOT clean in this whole mess. The circumstances of his firing may be shady but he also had a role to play in this whole thing. Mike was a good DSS and he did as he was taught by martino and Dave. He screwed up. He also had major skeletons in his closet the school used against him.

Coach P may have been a great coach but please be aware that within the school, he was not well respected by fellow faculty. He's rude and an asshole. That doesn't mean his firing (or attempt to) was justified but let's not pretend he was this stand up guy. He called kids names in class, made highly inappropriate comments about female students, even to the daughter of 2 faculty members. All of this stuff was bound to catch up with him at some point.

Dave needs to go but let's not make martyrs out of Mike and Coach P, they're history was gonna come up sooner or later and bite them in the ass.

Posted by: TB ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:14AM

From reading everything above, it appears to be administrative transfer time. This is the usual way matters are handled in FCPS. It's not exactly sweeping under the rug, it's called the dance of the lemons or shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. The phrase "if only" is pertinent. If only the football players had been dealt with appropriately. If only the sexual-harassment comments had been attended to immediately. If only the parent with the grievance had been dealt with when the events happened and not after-the-fact. If only . . .

Posted by: What the???? ()
Date: July 12, 2017 12:46PM

Why are Bill and Monica Park asking our football distro list to support a girls basketball team from 2 years ago? Get a life! Move on!

Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 11:32 PM
To: Val Clark; Valerie Dexter; dlaub7@verizon.net; ; cp.peters@verizon.net; ds_kelly@yahoo.com; Jim & Lisa Fiedorek; kelliherann@hotmail.com; slbachinsky@gmail.com; Abby Armstrong; Allie Fiedorek; Amy Hagerty; Bailey Edwards; Betsy Komoniewski; Bill Komoniewski; Erin Kelliher; Erin Weidinger; Farhana Shoaib; G Peters; Hannah Hirsh; Hirsh; Hirsh; Jean Chausse; Jenna Lestz; Jessie Gold; Julie Williams Armstrong; Lauren Bachinsky; Lestz; Lynn Lear; Madison Lear; Maggie Komoniewski; Mary Walker; Matt and Jeanne Weidinger; Melody Walker; Michael Armstrong; Mike Kelliher; Rixon Rafter; Sam Hagerty; Sara Peters; Sarah Kelly; Shnider; Sophie Chausse; Sydney shnider; Yusra Shoaib; Zoe Rafter; Christine Harley; Virginia Harley; Anne Marie Brandow; Lindsay Brandow; Senna Austin; CT Mary and Gene Ager; Andrew Niedringhaus; joshahern2@icloud.com; Matt Ahern; ALIMADD99@GMAIL.COM; MOAHMED64@YAHOO.COM; RONB.BALL@AOL.COM; V.ALTMAN2@AOL.COM; BELLOTLEONARDO52@GMAIL.COM; SALAUES67@AOL.COM; SBIVONA@MSN.COM; STEPHEN.P.BIVONA@LEIDOS.COM; TAECHOI05@HOTMAIL.COM; MICHAELCLIFT1005@GMAIL.COM; PEGGYCLIFT@GMAIL.COM; BILLCLIFT59@GMAIL.COM; TERESANN99@AOL.COM; BRONXFAN71@AOL.COM; DYLAN.COULTER9@ICLOUD.COM; CAROL; ART.COULTER@USDOJ.GOV; QBTY11@GMAIL.COM; Erika Crabb (erikacrabb.marykay@gmail.com); Jackdarcy7@gmail.com; RT.DARCY@GMAIL.COM; lynn.darcy@yahoo.com; JOSHDELGADO46@GMAIL.COM; MHANIFI@MSN.COM; ILIANADELGADO1105@GMAIL.COM; BDIZON811@GMAIL.COM; RUBY.DIZON@VERIZON.NET; BOB.DIZON@VERIZON.NET; ELLIOTTJESSE@GMAIL.COM; ELLIOTTS@HOTMAIL.COM; CARLOESPOSITO@GMAIL.COM; je4abruzzo@yahoo.com; THERESA_ESPOSITO@COTYINC.COM; Centerfields98@gmail.com; Denese.fields1@verizon.net; MDFIELDS87@GMAIL.COM; THEONLYPEDROGUT27@GMAIL.COM; IVANIAGUTT1212@GMAIL.COM; BOYNEOPET@YAHOO.COM; MPHAEDT@MSN.COM; MICHAEL.P.HAEDT.MIL@MAIL.MIL; YOUSSOFHANIFI23@GMAIL.COM; AHANIFI@LIVE.COM; LUISHERANDEX98@GMAIL.COM; bhurley99@icloud.com; Tami Hurley; QUENTINJAMES2000@GMAIL.COM; KJEWELS72@GMAIL.COM; JURMELL@HOTMAIL.COM; Diane Gemma (dianegemma@gmail.com); AMOKEY@GMAIL.COM; KEY.LISSETE@GMAIL.COM; LOKEY_28@YAHOO.COM; jacoblaub63@gmail.com; dwlaub@verizon.net; noellelooney@aol.com; jflooney@aol.com; Jack (Jack.Looney@mail.house.gov); MGLUIGGI@AOL.COM; MUHAMED.IBRAHIM@GMAIL.COM; brkmansaray@aol.com; TMATHENY00@GMAIL.COM; Shannon M (SMMatheny@fcps.edu); WSMATHENY@FCPS.EDU; HUGHIE.2COOL@GMAIL.COM; KATHRYNJ1971@AOL.COM; LTCMSC@AOL.COM; VAMENOTTI@GMAIL.COM; MENOTTI.OKI@HOTMAIL.COM; ZACH.MONHEIM@VERIZON.NET; MONHEIMX4@VERIZON.NET; SNEPT@ALLSTATE.COM; HAL_NEPTUNE@DELL.COM; OBRIEDY@GMAIL.COM; Angela O'Brien; andrewpark1313@gmail.com; WILLIAMPARK1988_131@YAHOO.COM; Bill & Monica Park (parkcrew5@gmail.com); RAISHONPICKETTATHLETE@YAHOO.COM; JACK.S.RAWLINS@GMAIL.COM; EDAW.SNILWAR@GMAIL.COM; RAWLINS.JENNIFER@GMAIL.COM; henry.rudisill@gmail.com; Leslie Rudisill (keithnleslie@cox.net); Keith Rudisill; ANTONIOSAA190@YAHOO.COM; jlazo97@yahoo.com; ROB808SAA@YAHOO.COM; rileyschulte1@gmail.com; rcshulte147@hotmail.com; georgeshoriz27@gmail.com; fatin_56@yahoo.com; remeeh90@yahoo.com; oakkolan@gmail.com; my5miracles@gmail.com; dhstemm22@gmail.com; david.h.stem.mil@mail.mil; ajstem@aol.com; ianvercouteren@me.com; dtjiv@verizon.net; briedraw@yahoo.com; terrilynnsmith@yahoo.com; Frank Filosi; tylerisaraysfan13@gmail.com; carconneciton1@cox.net; 4wines@cox.net; j.young2799@yahoo.com; young4jm@yahoo.com; anthony.svoboda1@gmail.com; shawn.m.svoboda@gmail.com; suziesvoboda@gmail.com; carlfanfon@gmail.com; karen.charlie@gmail.com; stuart.t.reid@gmail.com; latheamazing@gmail.com; jpmurray1738@yahoo.com; jenni7567@yahoo.com; matthew.hibner@gmail.com; rhinosareawesome66@gmail.com; willgoudey@gmail.com; yengof@yahoo.com; jreareid@yahoo.com; sburkemurray@yahoo.com; joebob.merriman@gmail.com; patty.hiber@gmail.com; cgoudey3@verizon.net; john.jr.reid@gmail.com; dave.hibner@gmail.com; agoudey@verizon.net; carconnection1@cox.net; ivaniagut1212@gmail.com; karen.charlie@ymail.com; key.lissette@gmail.com; luishernandez98@gmail.com; patty.hibner@gmail.com; Chase Schulte; Rose, Carrie; Erin Grant; Jen Grable; Sherry O'Rourke; Julie Sander; Kathy Krug; Arlene Bubak; Carl Lewis; Cassandra Ensley Storer; Anna Kolb; John Cox; Julie Cox; lasfu; Lexi White; Lexi White - 3; Maddie Grieve; Maddie Grieve - 2; Matt Bubak; Matt Bubak; Matt McLaughlin; MolKolb@msn.com; Molly Kolb; Morgann Babcock; Shane Storer; Cliff Krug; PattyLFriedman@aol.com; John and Whitney Thompson; Jill Warner; tmb61398@yahoo.com; Jill Waters; Theresa & Andy Charles; Paula McCullough; Michelle Martin; Kevin Taylor; Elizabeth Edwards; Elisa Taylor; billyray41@cox.net; eaedwards@fcps.edu; ebzimmerman@gmail.com; giratala@verizon.net; ktayloraoa@aol.com; llesper@cox.net; mcrz9@yahoo.com; mesper@cox.net; paulsheridan930@gmail.com; rgreenwood@xsmail.com; sheridan@randcc.com; Susan; aploveswim@gmail.com; arizim03@gmail.com; devinsheridan43@gmail.com; Kate Esper; Sydney Miller; Mags Email; Linda Whitestone; whitefmly5@aol.com; Jan Swicord; Kathy Luedecking; Kate Lewis; Margo Osborne; Fitzpatrick, Kevin; Sheri Jackson; n.shaheen khan; Muiwah Pollman
Subject: Fwd: Attend School Board Meeting to Support LBSS Girls

Hello All,

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

I’m sure by now you’ve all seen the article from the 29 June Washington Post, titled "At Lake Braddock, sexual harassment accusations, personnel changes and lingering resentment." Unfortunately, everything written in the article is factual. Sadly, we have heard that many families in other sports at LBSS have had similar experiences where complaints have been ignored by our administration. In this event, the girls basketball team and their families have held LBSS and FCPS accountable to their own policies and are still awaiting resolution, now 20 months hence.

What we keep asking for is what ALL student athletes should receive: an appropriate response by school officials when a complaint is brought to their attention. But the 10+ families in the 2015-16 Varsity Girls Basketball Team received no investigation, were misled and dismissed. We were supposed to get a final report on 'The Investigation' in Spring 2016, then Fall 2016, then Winter, then Spring 2017, and finally the Washington Post report said we should have received it by July 4, 2017. FCPS has still not released a report.

Many of us are planning to attend the next School Board meeting in a silent “call to action.” We are asking for all LBSS teams, both boys and girls, and their families to join us as a show of support, as well as friends and families of other FCPS schools.

If you can make it, we are asking that you wear purple and attend the next regular school board meeting to be held this Thursday, July 13th at Luther Jackson Middle School. We are asking you to assemble outside at 6:30pm. The meeting starts at 7pm and we hope to go in and sit as the meeting begins. Signs are encouraged! Examples are “Protect our girls,” “Hold leadership accountable," ”Investigate!" and "What are you hiding?" We are not going to be disruptive – this is just to show that we are out there, and that we are expecting a full investigation that holds school officials accountable.

We want to get as many supporters as possible to show up at this meeting, so please ask friends and neighbors to attend. Please feel free to forward this email.

On behalf of the 2015-16 LBSS Girls Basketball Team,thank you in advance for your support!
Monica Park
Luther Jackson Middle School
3020 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042
Thursday, July 13
Arrive at 6:30 pm,
Walk in to Auditorium at 7:00 pm.

Posted by: open your eyes ()
Date: July 12, 2017 01:45PM

I'm confused... have you not read the article? Have you not realized that those girls were subjected to sexual harassment and not one thing has been done about it? How about get a life and move on, jackass.

Posted by: Spammer Inc. ()
Date: July 12, 2017 02:39PM

Thank you for posting all those email addresses. Everyone deserves to read our terrific offers.

Posted by: be4real1 ()
Date: July 12, 2017 05:42PM

But still Wrote:
> Mike Clark didn't begin an investigation because
> he let the Coach resign instead, his hands are NOT
> clean in this whole mess. The circumstances of his
> firing may be shady but he also had a role to play
> in this whole thing. Mike was a good DSS and he
> did as he was taught by martino and Dave. He
> screwed up. He also had major skeletons in his
> closet the school used against him.
>
> Coach P may have been a great coach but please be
> aware that within the school, he was not well
> respected by fellow faculty. He's rude and an
> asshole. That doesn't mean his firing (or attempt
> to) was justified but let's not pretend he was
> this stand up guy. He called kids names in class,
> made highly inappropriate comments about female
> students, even to the daughter of 2 faculty
> members. All of this stuff was bound to catch up
> with him at some point.
>
> Dave needs to go but let's not make martyrs out of
> Mike and Coach P, they're history was gonna come
> up sooner or later and bite them in the ass.

Say what you want about P....I played for him and he gave me tough love....the best thing that could have happened to me. He made me accountable for my actions and its a lesson I still practice today. I didn't have a father figure in my life, he was man enough to show me actions speak louder then words. I will always be grateful. He always had my back.

Ask the players who played for him, they will tell you he taught you life's lessons. He was and still is very respected with all of the players, that's really was matters most.

Posted by: Really!! ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:21PM

Looks like the Parks are getting desperate with sending out the letter. She is talking out of both sides of her mouth because one sentence say "everything written in the article is factual" then the next paragraph says "Girls Basketball Team received no investigation". How can everything be factual when no investigation was done.

Posted by: communityobserver ()
Date: July 12, 2017 09:01PM

Why are you people so intrigued about who is forcing the issue, who cares?

The bottom line is that the girls on the BB team were put in a situation that never should have happened. When it was brought to the attention of the administration, nothing was done. It was further brought to the attention of the Principal, again nothing was done.

Dave Thomas handled it his way and now he must pay the price.

He fired 2 people because he knew they could possibly talk to FCPS investigators and they would find out he didn't do anything but try to sweep this under the rug.
Not only did he want both fired but he went after their teaching positions, retirement and pension. That is a sign of a desperate man.

I see no other course of action then for the FCPS board to terminate him and the rest of the administration at LB. Take away job, retirement pension, all of things he tried to do to the potentials witnesses.

Its time for the school board to send a message, this will not be tolerated.

Posted by: whatsupdoc ()
Date: July 12, 2017 09:03PM

Bring P back!!
The Woodson coaches blow

Posted by: Billy P Post ()
Date: July 12, 2017 09:22PM

communityobserver Wrote:
> Why are you people so intrigued about who is
> forcing the issue, who cares?
>
> The bottom line is that the girls on the BB team
> were put in a situation that never should have
> happened. When it was brought to the attention of
> the administration, nothing was done. It was
> further brought to the attention of the Principal,
> again nothing was done.
>
> Dave Thomas handled it his way and now he must pay
> the price.
>
> He fired 2 people because he knew they could
> possibly talk to FCPS investigators and they would
> find out he didn't do anything but try to sweep
> this under the rug.
> Not only did he want both fired but he went after
> their teaching positions, retirement and pension.
> That is a sign of a desperate man.
>
> I see no other course of action then for the FCPS
> board to terminate him and the rest of the
> administration at LB. Take away job, retirement
> pension, all of things he tried to do to the
> potentials witnesses.
>
> Its time for the school board to send a message,
> this will not be tolerated.

^^^^^

Good lord Bill. Just use your name from now on, bc you couldn't be more obvious. Feigning anonymity on this message board doesn't hide you posting here just to further your temper tantrum.

Posted by: karlkernsdaman ()
Date: July 12, 2017 10:08PM

The battle between Ernesto's dad and Park.....I will take Park at least he is trying to right a wrong.

Ernesto dad is just an know it all idiot!!

Posted by: Exposed! ()
Date: July 12, 2017 10:10PM

Sounds like the cat's out of the bag. Bill And Monica Park are exposed! Question is, who will stand up to them? Stay away feom their toxic poison.

Posted by: Criminal ()
Date: July 12, 2017 10:19PM

Look up Ernesto Hernandez and Nokomis. Buchanan, Ingersoll, and Rooney brought Federal charges against old Ernesto in Pittsburgh. Once a bully always a bully. Look it up yourself on Law360.

Posted by: Billy P Post ()
Date: July 12, 2017 10:26PM

Criminal Wrote:
> Look up Ernesto Hernandez and Nokomis. Buchanan,
> Ingersoll, and Rooney brought Federal charges
> against old Ernesto in Pittsburgh. Once a bully
> always a bully. Look it up yourself on Law360.

^^^^^^^^

Billy P Post. Pathetic pursuit of being indulged by his his friends on the board on full display. Grow up man. You wanted Thomas to give you your way. He did the right thing by standing up to you, and you got P fired in the crossfire. Your ego suffers, so you continue to cry like a little girl.
Pathetic .

Posted by: So true ()
Date: July 13, 2017 06:32AM

Billy P Post Wrote:
> Criminal Wrote:
> -----
> > Look up Ernesto Hernandez and Nokomis.
> Buchanan,
> > Ingersoll, and Rooney brought Federal charges
> > against old Ernesto in Pittsburgh. Once a bully
> > always a bully. Look it up yourself on Law360.
>
>
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> Billy P Post. Pathetic pursuit of being indulged
> by his his friends on the board on full display.
> Grow up man. You wanted Thomas to give you your
> way. He did the right thing by standing up to you,
> and you got P fired in the crossfire. Your ego
> suffers, so you continue to cry like a little
> girl.
> Pathetic .

^^^^^ Truth^^^^^ One derranged narcissistic dude. A disgrace to the US Navy and the Lake Braddock community.

Posted by: But? ()
Date: July 13, 2017 10:35AM

Idk Bill Park - I do know his daughter was on the team. For everyone knocking him , are you saying it was fine that an investigation never occurred? If Coach G didn't do anything wrong, an investigation could've proved that and vice versa. Simple interviews of other bball coaches (JV) and other players never happened - jownis this okay? But now, he is able to coach anywhere and potentially cause the same kind of damage to other teams. That's okay in your eyes? Why is it so wrong for the student-athletes who reported this behavior to the school to get a fair report? No one is asking for anyone to get arrested, they wanted a fair investigation into the allegations - which never happened.

Date: July 13, 2017 10:46AM

Is this the War of Helicopter Parents vs. Entrenched FCPS bureaucrats? It's a chaotic situation for not interviewing a couple of coaches and basketball players.

Posted by: ernesto ()
Date: July 13, 2017 11:06AM

Poythress did not hire Ernesto to staff. Then Es son who weighs 450 cant make it thru practice. NEXT thing you know the school board is stopping at LB practices to see if staff is giving them water. Ernesto thinks he is a war hero...He Works for purple heart...I think he stepped on a nail. Hero's dont sire Hogs.
Anyway Park may well be an ass but he isnt facing Federal charges.

Posted by: Not relevant ()
Date: July 13, 2017 12:45PM

No one fucking cares about Ernesto or his father.

Posted by: Aaaand?! ()
Date: July 14, 2017 08:55AM

So that big meeting was last night, what happened? Probably nothing. This county won't hold anyone accountable and the people in charge will just get shuffled somewhere else.

Posted by: Shocked! ()
Date: July 14, 2017 10:53AM

Looks like Dave is staying at LB...

message from LAKE BRADDOCK SEC

Dear Lake Braddock Community,

As the Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, I am committed to ensuring that all students attend school in an environment that is respectful, safe and where they feel a high degree of trust with the staff who serve them. Unfortunately, and regrettably, there have been some breaches of this trust at LBSS.

As you may have read in recent news reports, there have been allegations of Lake Braddock Secondary School staff bullying and harassing students, as well as concerns regarding the handling of these allegations during the 2015 – 2016 school year. Well before those news reports, we had undertaken an extensive investigation including numerous interviews of staff, students, parents.

Based upon that investigation, we have determined that certain staff did in fact engage in behavior that is not tolerated under FCPS policy. Those staff who violated those policies have been removed from their positions and appropriate personnel actions have been taken. These actions took place prior to the start of the 2016 – 2017 school year. While appropriate steps were taken prior to this school year, we must continually monitor the climate and culture of our schools, and ensure that we consistently strive to provide the learning environment our students deserve.

Please know that I have personally reviewed this matter and met with Principal Thomas regarding the actions and improvements he will take to ensure no such breaches of trust occur in the future. Principal Thomas will communicate with you directly regarding his commitment to you and your children.

I believe LBSS is a strong community, and an excellent school. We are certain the school year ahead will bring renewed focus on excellence in all areas of your child’s education.

Sincerely,

Dr. Scott Brabrand
Superintendent
Fairfax County Public Schools

Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.