HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Question about the SSA at Waples Mill
Posted by: FFRes7 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 05:54PM

I have a form I need to submit to the SSA at Waples Mill in Fairfax.

Instead of mailing it in, can I just drop it off, without taking a number and waiting for hours for my name to be called? I know it's a nightmare over there this time of year, or for that fact anytime.

Anyone know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about the SSA at Waples Mill
Posted by: Been there man ()
Date: December 14, 2016 06:05PM

Not sure.

Posted by: MakesSenseToMe ()
Date: December 14, 2016 07:13PM

Call them and ask.

Posted by: Democrats are the Scourge ()
Date: December 14, 2016 07:17PM

The Government says:

"Mail it in. One of our lazy, overpaid workers might open the mail in a few weeks, and then, go and put in a storage locker."

The Democrats have turned the federal government, and a lot of state governments, into a shitty waste pit.

Republicans have taken over, and the Governments nationwide are coming together. Hell, I voted for Trump, but I don't like him. But, I know that the Social Security Administration can only go up from here, because the Democrat Party has made it reach ROCK BOTTOM.

You Democrats are the scourge of the USA.

Posted by: getsocial ()
Date: December 14, 2016 07:28PM

I would MUCH rather wait it out, to hand my form to an actual person and have it date stamped as being received TODAY to make sure my case moves forward then mail it in and risk it being lost and having to scramble to re-submit the form at the last minute because they claim they never got it, even though I mailed it in CERTIFIED and someone signed for it!!!

Plus- as someone else said- mail it in it may sit on someones desk or locker for who knows how long (especially if that person calls out sick and they find a bunch of untouched paperwork at their desk, true story) and even though you KNOW you mailed it on the 14th ahead of their deadline, it doesn't get processed for 2-3-4 WEEKS because staff is lazy.

TL;DR GO in and wait and get it received SAME DAY with an employee to hold accountable- make sure you scan a copy of your paperwork BEFORE you turn it in, a hard copy is a good idea too in case they "lose it" then you have to start all over again!!

Posted by: Wait time ()
Date: December 14, 2016 09:41PM

You go in and wait in line for the window where you tell them why you are there. The line is not particularly long. Moves fairly quickly. They give you a number to be seen by the people in the back. Then you sit and wait.... Can you just hand in the form at the window? Call them to find out. Do you need to be seen by one of the workers in the back? If you need to go in the back, why not make an appointment? If you don't want to sit and wait..make an appointment.They are pretty punctual with the appointment time that you have been given. You sail in while, while others just sit and wait....

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: December 14, 2016 09:54PM

Yes, you can drop it off.

Date: December 14, 2016 09:56PM

The phone number they list for the site is the main 800 number that gets you to the SSA.gov site. Useless it is.

What else I've read is that people get there 1 hour before it opens and they only let in about 10 people at a time. Tomorrow and Friday the wind chill will make it about zero degrees, so NO WAY to that.
I would think they would let you walk inside and drop off an envelope and be on your way, get it stamped as someone else mentioned. Probably too logical. If I had to wait 2 hours of more just to do that, well WHY!!!

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: December 14, 2016 10:28PM

FFRes7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a form I need to submit to the SSA at
> Waples Mill in Fairfax.
>
> Instead of mailing it in, can I just drop it off,
> without taking a number and waiting for hours for
> my name to be called? I know it's a nightmare over
> there this time of year, or for that fact anytime.
>
>
> Anyone know.

It is very nice there. They have a smoothie bar!

Posted by: Wait time ()
Date: December 14, 2016 10:51PM

The phone number to the Waples Mill office is 703 691-7857

Date: December 14, 2016 11:44PM

Thanks. I love you man...or woman.

Date: December 15, 2016 02:19PM

Well, it was too good to be true.
703-691-7857 is no longer in service.....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.