HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Have you been panhandled in this area?
Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: September 12, 2009 12:49PM

In the last few years I've had people ask me for money a couple times. I thought this was odd, since we live in a relatively affluent area. One time was in broad daylight at the Exxon station in Vienna. A middle-aged black guy asked me if I could spare some money to buy food for his kid. I said I couldn't spare any, and he walked away. The other time made a little nervous because it was after dark at Reston Town Center and I was pretty much alone on Democracy Drive. A Hispanic guy came up alongside me and asked if I could spare some change, or something like that. I said no, kept walking, and he left. When I turned the corner to the pavilion, there were a couple cops in sight so I felt safe at that point.

I can't help but wonder how a truly poor person would end up at Reston Town Center. (On the other hand, there is the shelter right there, come to think of it, and that homeless camp by the Target.) Has this happened to anybody else? What do you think, are they poor, crackheads, scammers, potential muggers or what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you been panhandled in this area?
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: September 12, 2009 01:05PM

Probably just FFXU posters who forgot to pay their internet bill.

Food for their kids....pffffft.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 12, 2009 01:08PM

If you are next to a gas station, offer to buy some chips or something for the "kid"... if he accepts then great, but often they want the cash for other things and will tell you "never mind" and walk away.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 12, 2009 01:16PM

It happens occassionally. The only real aggressive one I've encountered was years ago near the CompUSA in Tysons. And last summer, I was driving thru Pimmitt Hills at night, and some chick ran out into the street and flagged me down. It was two high school age chicks, they said they needed money for a cab or a ride to the metro (they said it was an "emergency", lol). I told them I could call someone for them if they needed help, to which they scowled and walked away. I then drove down the street and reported it to the cops. Dumb kids probably don't realize how dangerous it is to do stuff like that.

Posted by: poopthroughthescreen ()
Date: September 12, 2009 01:44PM

I see so many goddamn lazy ass firemen trying to cop change for some fake 'cause'. it sickens me

Obama's Approval Rating with Military? 15%
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 12, 2009 02:18PM

`

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 11:05PM by WingNut.

Date: September 12, 2009 02:20PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You're supposed to keep the camcorder batteries charged and the Cisco cold for
opportunities like that.

LOL- nice!

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: September 12, 2009 02:50PM

A few years ago at the Reston Town Center, there were a few 20 something women asking for cab fare, saying they locked themselves out of their car and no one was at home to come and get them and they didn't have a credit card. They had their cell phone in their hand.

After a while security detained a couple and they were arrested for something - I don't know what, but I haven't seen anyone scaming in the Town Center since.

In DC, it's not uncommon for men dressed in 3-pc suits to hang out at bus stops asking for bus fare because he left his fare card back at the office or at home.

The Post did a story on this a while back and said the "good pan handlers" who know how to work the crowds, can make as much s $250 a day - tax free.

Not bad haning out at bus stops or in parking lots for a 3-4 hours a day.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:20PM

The homeless shelter run by Fort Belvoir brings a lot of interesting characters. The intersection at Route 1 and FFX County Parkway has a whole group of aggressive panhandlers.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: September 12, 2009 04:09PM

At the Reston Home Depot there is a hispanic woman who goes around with a note that says "I don't speak english, my kids need food, blah blah blah".
Sorry about your bad luck

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 04:09PM by graymoose1.

Date: September 12, 2009 05:28PM

WingNut Wrote:
> You're supposed to keep the camcorder
> batteries charged and the Cisco cold for
> opportunities like that.

Haha, awesome. Can one still buy Cisco anywhere?

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 12, 2009 10:04PM

Yeah, I get approached occasionally by panhandlers. I always have a pocketful of change or a few ones and I give it to them (I never pull out my wallet though).

Ever since Ronnie Raygun turned all the psychopaths loose, you just never know who you're dealing with. (and I don't want to hear the concealed carry bullshit. Some of those guys can stick you before you could even start to go for for your rod)

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: September 13, 2009 07:33PM

eesh Wrote:
> The homeless shelter run by Fort Belvoir brings a
> lot of interesting characters. The intersection at
> Route 1 and FFX County Parkway has a whole group
> of aggressive panhandlers.

Yes, they are out there everyday. It's usually the same 3 or 4 people, with a pathetic cardboard sign that says, "Homeless. God bless." They never look like they're starving to me.

Funny thing is the FFx Co PD likes to set up speed traps there sometimes as well.

Rt. 1 Hybla Valley is a great place to get panhandled. Wal-Mart parking lot and gas stations are occassional targets.

The other day some guy was begging for money on West Ox Rd. near the Taj Mahal at a gas station. Since I was open-carrying my pistol he moved on to go bug someone else. I guess he thinks gunowners are uncharitable or something.

Obama's Approval Rating with Military? 15%
Date: September 14, 2009 08:45AM

46166571-superbowl-rings-1987-washington

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 11:04PM by WingNut.

Posted by: ran into one yesterday ()
Date: September 14, 2009 09:50AM

Ran into one yesterday at Franklin Farm. Older guy who said he needed money to fill a prescription.

The emotional side of me felt sorry for him, but the rational side saw it as WingNut described, and I declined.

The suburbs are not the peaceful nirvana they are cooked up to be. Witness the assault on Tuckaway last week. We have lots of urban problems, and they likely will get worse.

Date: September 14, 2009 10:34AM

ran into one yesterday Wrote:
> Ran into one yesterday at Franklin Farm. Older
> guy who said he needed money to fill a
> prescription.

You could offer to meet him at the pharmacy and you'll pay for it there, just to see what the answer is. Years ago I had some lady in DC say she needed bus fare for her and her daughter, so I said let's go to the bus stop and I'll pay the bus driver and they started shouting at me in the street and then I lold.

Posted by: exfairfax ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:58PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> At the Reston Home Depot there is a hispanic woman
> who goes around with a note that says "I don't
> speak english, my kids need food, blah blah
> blah".
> Sorry about your bad luck

I had the same thing happen in Tyson Corner where Tower Records used to be.

I was sitting in the truck in frnt of Staples talking on the phone and this middle eastern looking guy knocks on my window and shows me a note saying he lost his job and needs money, etc...
I said, "no" and he got this pissed off look on his face. A couple minutes later a woman comes by and shows me a similar same note. There were 3 or 4 of them walking around the parking lot.

Date: September 14, 2009 01:03PM

Maybe I should keep a pack of dollar store fake/play dollars on hand to give them. On the back I'll write "same here."

Posted by: Ebeneezer ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:05PM

poopthroughthescreen Wrote:
> I see so many goddamn lazy ass firemen trying to
> cop change for some fake 'cause'. it sickens me

Oh yeah - quite annoying. ... puttin' money in their f'ing boot! They prey on you at every f'ing intersection around. Hate it.

Date: September 14, 2009 01:09PM

I hate that crap.

I told one fireman that I gave at the last intersection, which I did, and he says, "Suuuure you did." Guys need to F off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 01:09PM by exfairfax.

Date: September 14, 2009 01:19PM

Yeah, some of those firemen are aggressive and look offended if you don't give any change.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 03:51PM

I went to Giant at Fox Mill to pick up a few things and this man (american) asks for money so he can get a perscription filled.
WTF

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: September 14, 2009 03:54PM

Technically not in this area, but there's a plump, white, "homeless" chick who has been panhandling on the VA side of the Key Bridge for at least 3 years. She seems to have a decent sized wardrobe, and is obviously well fed.

Date: September 14, 2009 04:02PM

Sweeney Todd Wrote:
>
> on the VA side of the Key Bridge for at least 3 years. She seems to have a decent sized wardrobe, and is obviously well fed.

Rosslyn has a few "regular" homeless people. I never saw that chick you mentioned, but there's also the really tall black dude with short dreads. He's usually wandering around Lynn Street grunting the word "change" at passerby. Dude must be at least 6' 6", 300 lbs. Always sort of felt bad for him because it's obvious he has some sort of mental illness.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:08PM

I saw a fireman by the Home Depot in Reston. Do we even know that those guys are really firemen?

Date: September 14, 2009 04:28PM

Was there a firetruck nearby?

Posted by: Husky Al ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:53PM

Snapple Wrote:
> I saw a fireman by the Home Depot in Reston. Do we
> even know that those guys are really firemen?

That is an excellent point, Snapple. I suppose, though, a person needs some kind of permit to pace back and forth on medians, sticking a boot in the faces of motorists asking for donations. If not, I wonder the law that would forbade a person dressed as a fireman (no phoney FCFD decals, though - just generic blue "fireman's uniform") doing the same thing.

Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: September 14, 2009 09:30PM

While I have not seen any in FFXC, my favorite guy never asked for money. When I used to live on Fort Meade, I would have to drive down New York Ave almost daily. This guy would be at the underpass by the BET, waving a palm frond blessing all of us who passed. And at the end of the day he would do the same thing. Never had a sign asking for money. Never knocked on a window begging for a hand out. Just wishing us well, or laughing at us poor saps who had to work for a living.

33% of 18-34 Yr Olds LIVE WITH THEIR PARENTS
Date: September 14, 2009 09:40PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 11:04PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: September 15, 2009 10:27AM

Husky Al Wrote:
> Snapple Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw a fireman by the Home Depot in Reston. Do
> we
> > even know that those guys are really firemen?
>
>
> That is an excellent point, Snapple. I suppose,
> though, a person needs some kind of permit to pace
> back and forth on medians, sticking a boot in the
> faces of motorists asking for donations. If not,
> I wonder the law that would forbade a person
> dressed as a fireman (no phoney FCFD decals,
> though - just generic blue "fireman's uniform")
> doing the same thing.

Usually the ambulance or fire truck parked by the side of the road is a good tell.

Posted by: 8UGH ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:20PM

Zombie Dr Wrote:
> Husky Al Wrote:
> -----
> > Snapple Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I saw a fireman by the Home Depot in Reston.
> Do
> > we
> > > even know that those guys are really firemen?
> >
> >
> > That is an excellent point, Snapple. I
> suppose,
> > though, a person needs some kind of permit to
> pace
> > back and forth on medians, sticking a boot in
> the
> > faces of motorists asking for donations. If
> not,
> > I wonder the law that would forbade a person
> > dressed as a fireman (no phoney FCFD decals,
> > though - just generic blue "fireman's uniform")
> > doing the same thing.
>
>
> Usually the ambulance or fire truck parked by the
> side of the road is a good tell.

zing!

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:05PM

its happened to me a couple of times in Centreville area. once at 711 the other at the Texaco. they both fed me some bs about needing money for a bus ticket. i said i was broke (which was prob not a lie). they both looked like they could be addicts of some kind... once i told an officer around the corner to check it out.

another time, i was warring a tie-dye t-shirt going into the same 711. some older dude asked me for weed. i said "no, sorry officer." he gave me a mean look and walked away.

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:05PM

Around Christmas, I was approached by a man begging for money in an aisle at the Shopper's grocery store in Seven Corners. I gave him some, but he seemed suspicious. I surveilled him for about 15 minutes and figured out he was part of a professional team of con men operating in the store.

I pointed it out to the store manager, and they chased them away,

(They should have called the cops, I think, but oh well.)

I run into panhandlers in Arlington and other places in this general area, but I can't remember any details. I usually blow them off. I spent many years in Boston/Cambridge, MA, where there are panhandlers about every 20 feet, so I'm kind of unimpressed by them, I guess. If I'm in a really generous mood for some reason, sometimes I'll give them money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 05:09PM by Spacy.

Posted by: FiveInchBucket ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:15PM

Zombie Dr Wrote:
> Husky Al Wrote:
> -----
> > Snapple Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I saw a fireman by the Home Depot in Reston.
> Do
> > we
> > > even know that those guys are really firemen?
> >
> >
> > That is an excellent point, Snapple. I
> suppose,
> > though, a person needs some kind of permit to
> pace
> > back and forth on medians, sticking a boot in
> the
> > faces of motorists asking for donations. If
> not,
> > I wonder the law that would forbade a person
> > dressed as a fireman (no phoney FCFD decals,
> > though - just generic blue "fireman's uniform")
> > doing the same thing.
>
>
> Usually the ambulance or fire truck parked by the
> side of the road is a good tell.

True, but I don't think that was Al's point. Regardless, would an "imposter" fireman be arrested for something or other if he was doing the same thing, but wasn't affiliated with an "official" fire department?

Posted by: Don Carr ()
Date: September 18, 2009 04:42AM

FYI, the homeless shelter at Route 1 across from the Hess Gas Station is not run by Fort Belvoir. It is run by New Hope Housing, Inc. See http://www.newhopehousing.org/

Posted by: chickenlady ()
Date: September 18, 2009 01:29PM

Not technically FFX, but I do see panhandlers on either side of Fairfax Dr./Washington Blvd. at 29. In the morning, it's generally an older black man wearing one of those "God Bless" signs. Once I was coming in late, and I got caught by myself at the red light and he noticed the Redskins sticker on my window. He proceeded to give me a lecture about how much of a waste Albert Haynesworth was going to be (right before preseason). But he did tell me that he loved my sticker. If I'd had a buck, I'd have given it to him.

On the other side, in the evening, I often see an older woman, who is a "homeless starving artist". Unless she's got some sort of mental issue (never talked to her), I can't see why she can't go out and work like the rest of us. There's nothing wrong with her. At the same side of that intersection sometimes is an older, redneck-y type. I've also seen a third person on occasion. That particular corner (westbound Wash. Blvd at 29) seems to be pretty popular, I guess given its proximity to the Metro, but you never see more than one there at a time. I wonder if they have a sign-in sheet.

Date: September 18, 2009 01:38PM

Don Carr Wrote:
> FYI, the homeless shelter at Route 1 across from
> the Hess Gas Station is not run by Fort Belvoir.
> It is run by New Hope Housing, Inc. See
> http://www.newhopehousing.org/

Well, its on military land. 22060 zip code is exclusive to Fort Belvoir and its military housing, and the homeless shelter uses that zip.

Fairfax county leases the building (a 90 year old building) from Fort Belvoir.
http://www.belvoir.army.mil/history.asp?id=21C

Date: September 18, 2009 01:48PM

chickenlady Wrote:
>
> Washington Blvd. at 29

Yeah, people have been panhandling there for years. Back in the 90s I used to see the same hippy-looking dude standing there with a sign. Another spot in Arlington is the median of Glebe where it intersects Fairfax Drive. That same dude has been begging there forever.

Not really a panhandler, but another I've noticed in Arlington is this short, clean cut looking guy who parks his bicycle at the Virginia Square metro station and proceeds to SHOUT at the top of his lungs. It is crazy. He screams his head off, nonsensical rambling about the government, police, the military, etc. Really really weird. It sorta scared me the first time I saw him, now it's just funny. I'm guessing he does it elsewhere, anybody here ever see this nut?

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Date: September 18, 2009 02:00PM

file.php?2,file=177621,filename=laughhh.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 07:15PM by WingNut.

Posted by: QI ()
Date: September 18, 2009 02:06PM

WingNut Wrote:
> chickenlady Wrote:
> -----
> > Not technically FFX, but I do see panhandlers
> on
> > either side of Fairfax Dr./Washington Blvd. at
> 29.
> > In the morning, it's generally an older black
> man
> > wearing one of those "God Bless" signs. Once I
> was
> > coming in late, and I got caught by myself at
> the
> > red light and he noticed the Redskins sticker
> on
> > my window. He proceeded to give me a lecture
> about
> > how much of a waste Albert Haynesworth was
> going
> > to be (right before preseason). But he did tell
> me
> > that he loved my sticker. If I'd had a buck,
> I'd
> > have given it to him.
> >
> > On the other side, in the evening, I often see
> an
> > older woman, who is a "homeless starving
> artist".
> > Unless she's got some sort of mental issue
> (never
> > talked to her), I can't see why she can't go
> out
> > and work like the rest of us. There's nothing
> > wrong with her. At the same side of that
> > intersection sometimes is an older, redneck-y
> > type. I've also seen a third person on
> occasion.
> > That particular corner (westbound Wash. Blvd at
> > 29) seems to be pretty popular, I guess given
> its
> > proximity to the Metro, but you never see more
> > than one there at a time. I wonder if they have
> a
> > sign-in sheet.
>
>
> There was a group of heroin addicts that lived in
> the woods and sometimes in the Quarry Inn who
> bummed money at this intersection. One of them,
> Glen, kind of lanky guy with bad tats was the
> older bro of a guy I knew in Jr High. He used to
> have his shit together and work every day, but the
> dope got him and down he went. His wife or
> girlfriend is the old broad with blonde hair you
> see out there sometimes. I'll kick them clothes
> and a little food sometimes, but every cent you
> give them goes in their arm, drugs are priority
> number one.

How the fuck does the quarry inn stay in business? Or, even the old FC Motel, now Budget Inn? How are those profitable?

Date: September 18, 2009 02:12PM

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: September 18, 2009 02:13PM

WingNut Wrote:

>
> I take a slut there every 5 years or so (it's
> getting on 4 now).

Do you meet them at the Pub in Mclean? I hear that place is slut central...

\\\
Date: September 18, 2009 02:21PM

white-space.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 11:06PM by WingNut.

Posted by: scottydfl422 ()
Date: September 18, 2009 07:03PM

I just say I don't have any change. Every one I've seen is capable of getting a job. They're just too lazy to do so.

Posted by: Don Carr ()
Date: September 24, 2009 08:55PM

eesh, 22060 also includes the Hess Gas Station, the apartments next to Hess, the motel, the Burger King, the Accotink Village neighborhood, and, to the south, the Inlet Cove and Fairfax Retirement place, all "outside the gate," none "run by Fort Belvoir." The Shelter is on Army land, but, again, isn't run by Belvoir. - Don

eesh Wrote:
> Don Carr Wrote:
> -----
> > FYI, the homeless shelter at Route 1 across
> from
> > the Hess Gas Station is not run by Fort
> Belvoir.
> > It is run by New Hope Housing, Inc. See
> > http://www.newhopehousing.org/
>
>
> Well, its on military land. 22060 zip code is
> exclusive to Fort Belvoir and its military
> housing, and the homeless shelter uses that zip.
>
> Fairfax county leases the building (a 90 year old
> building) from Fort Belvoir.
> http://www.belvoir.army.mil/history.asp?id=21C

Posted by: fill the damn boot ()
Date: September 24, 2009 09:17PM

Ebeneezer Wrote:
> poopthroughthescreen Wrote:
> -----
> > I see so many goddamn lazy ass firemen trying
> to
> > cop change for some fake 'cause'. it sickens me
>
>
> Oh yeah - quite annoying. ... puttin' money in
> their f'ing boot! They prey on you at every f'ing
> intersection around. Hate it.

All of the money raised during Fill the Boot weekend (which is ONE weekend out of the year) goes to the Muscular Dystrophy Association. 100%. Not only that, but the money does not leave fairfax county. It helps pay for hospital bills that insurance won't cover, it pays for wheelchairs, it pays for medications, it pays for a kids camp in the summer and much more.

Those firemen who take the time to stand on the highway and play frogger for whatever change you are willing to give are heros for those of us who have family members with this disease. Maybe you should check into it, since you think it's "fake" and are so annoyed. This year alone they raised almost 450,000.

Posted by: eye candy ()
Date: September 24, 2009 09:28PM

And those firefighters are damn cute too. Well worth $5 a boot.

Posted by: Spanishlady ()
Date: September 24, 2009 10:38PM

Have any of you seen that Spanish lady that goes up to cars over near shoppers in chantilly? She comes up to you with a note asking for money. I saw her in march, and then over near the costo in chantilly last month. I told her to get a job. Last week, there were fireman over near cox farms at that intersection that is always backed up. Bad spot for saftey, good spot for cash.

Date: September 25, 2009 12:35PM

Posted by: chickenlady ()
Date: September 25, 2009 02:00PM

There's a new one on my normal route. I liked his angle:

51 year old veteran
NOT an addict
NOT an ex-con
Please Help!

...and the best part, the last line:

"I will give back to charity when I am able!"

Panhandlers would be way more fun if they were like this guy, though:

Homeless_Honesty Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: Erin Colleen ()
Date: September 26, 2009 07:55PM

I've been approached by a grizzled, middle-aged man in the Marshall's/(old)CompUSA parking lot. I was putting my infant into his car seat and this guy got right near me and begged for money. I was angry at literally not watching my back and being startled by this guy. I sharply told him that although I would not give him money, I'd be more than happy to give him the name and phone number of my church for help. He flipped me the bird and walked away.

I'll never, ever give money to a panhandler - not with all of the social services and resources our county has. I understand that some of these people are unable to avail themselves of these services,are perhaps already on the public dole and/or resistant to such services, but it is not worth my personal safety to hand them some cash.

There is also an organized group of "regular" panhandlers who go from church to church seeking handouts. Until some of the local churches began asking for identification, keeping records and limiting the hand-outs, it was a virtual free-for-all.

Posted by: linda lou ()
Date: October 01, 2009 07:10PM

I have been approached at the Lowes on Rt. 1 parking lot and the Shoppers in Kingstowne.

I told them both to get a f'n job and went to report them to security.

Posted by: linda lou ()
Date: October 01, 2009 07:10PM

Ya know....I have been wanting a Movado watch...

maybe I should try the panhandle thing and get me my watch!

Date: October 01, 2009 07:40PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 11:00PM by WingNut.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 01, 2009 11:14PM

Growing up around here, I can't even tell you the number of times over the years that I've had bums in D.C. clawing at my car windows, had them pushing schemes at me on the Metro, and witnessed them roaming the Roosevelt Bridge on the District side like rabid Hawks. For a while the bridge thing ceased when the new Police Chief came on board (Years ago), but the last time I checked, those box dwelling rats are back again, albeit in smaller numbers.

Never give those punks any money, they just cop more drugs and booze, and that's it. I've never handed them a dime in my life, and guess what, they hardly hit me up for that garbage anymore. Some of my friends are suckers, and they get hit up for change nearly every block (In Richmond too), but I've rarely been asked. The last time some bum bugged me, he attempted to sell me a Metro Map while coming up out of the Smithsonian Station, and I told him "Yeah, nice try, they're free at the station". I walked off, and he started to follow me, and said somewhat agitatedly "So, that's how it's gonna' be then?!?", and I turned around and said "Yeah, that's how it is", and he finally did an about-face and walked back to his little "kiosk" position at the top of the Escalator.

The only person I've really noticed working the cars in NoVa was on Rte. 7 going into Arlington, and he acted like he had a fake limp and shaky motions. I saw him during a break however, and he appeared fine. I had my window down, so when he approached me at the light I just turned my music up and ignored him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 11:21PM by ThePackLeader.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.