HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What should I do about this asshole Gorilla living above me?
Posted by: MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatOne ()
Date: September 04, 2016 06:51PM

So I have complained to the apartment complex numerous times about my upstairs neighbor in my apartment complex. They've told me they will handle it and it hasn't stopped. I was told not to interact with him because he is a "hot head."

Dude is in his 50's and walks like a goddamn Gorilla (or Elephant if that suits you).

I've used a broom to pound back on the ceiling. That hasn't helped. He continues to stomp away. Late late at night (well past the 10 pm noise ordinance) (sometimes up until, and at, 3 am) and wakes up early and does the same shit. You can tell when his wife/gf (or god knows...probably bf) is there because they walk quieter. But this motherfucker has chased the tenants out the last 2 years due to his stomping (as I found that out recently). I like my place, but hate this asshole.

Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What should I do about this asshole Gorilla living above me?
Posted by: King ()
Date: September 04, 2016 06:55PM

Throw a child onto his balcony...

Posted by: MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatOne ()
Date: September 04, 2016 07:08PM

Not sure I'd want to "throw a child" on to anyone's balcony...and he doesn't have one. I've seen him walk out his door when going down the elevator from the parking deck. He uses his heels of his feet to stomp down on and then flat footed as well.

I'm seriously beyond pissed off. The last front office person said I would have to go to court against him to get him evicted. Seems like they are just too goddamn lazy. It says in the lease "QUIET LIVING ENVIRONMENT." I understand SOME noise...but walking like a gorilla? No. Not reasonable.

Posted by: Top Floor ()
Date: September 04, 2016 07:35PM

Move to the top floor. Living under any people you are going to hear them walking around.

Posted by: MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatDick ()
Date: September 04, 2016 07:42PM

I do plan on moving eventually, but my lease was signed in June and my roommate refuses to move upstairs as well. He's "settled in."

I stay in my room/living room and my roommate stays in his. However, Gorilla fucker's bedroom is right above mine (I swear he has bladder problems too), and the floor plans are the same.

My ultimate ideal setup would be if the room above him became vacant. I would move there and give the motherfucker a taste of his own medicine.

Every. Goddamn. Day.

(And now apparently I have to "login" to this page to keep using this screen name I made)? Yeah. Fuck that. I'll think of something else to use.

Posted by: PTEyj ()
Date: September 04, 2016 07:43PM

MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatDick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> (And now apparently I have to "login" to this page
> to keep using this screen name I made)? Yeah.
> Fuck that. I'll think of something else to use.

pussy

Posted by: Slum Lord ()
Date: September 04, 2016 08:02PM

Sounds like you live in one of those roach infested apartment slums that were built in the late 1950's.

Modern apartments(condos) have sound proofing in the flooring to provide peaceful living.

Date: September 04, 2016 08:03PM

Nope. It was built in 2008.

Has "garden style floors" (whatever the hell that means)

Posted by: NotALawyer ()
Date: September 04, 2016 08:05PM

You can't take him to court. You have a lease with the landlord. It's the landlord that has promised you a reasonably quite environment, not the dick head upstairs. You should tell the manager that because they are unable or unwilling to provide a quite environment they are in breach of the lease and if they don't cure the breach you will terminate the lease and could sue for damages.

Posted by: MOVE OUT ()
Date: September 04, 2016 08:09PM

Why dont u move in a house so u wont have to deal with a black guy?

Date: September 04, 2016 08:10PM

LOL. How'd you know what race he was?

Posted by: Nog Ventilator ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:46PM

Now we're getting somewhere. You've come to the right place if you need to get rid of a nigger. Lots of good resources here.

Posted by: Finish him ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:54PM

MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatOne Wrote:
> So I have complained to the apartment complex
> numerous times about my upstairs neighbor in my
> apartment complex. They've told me they will
> handle it and it hasn't stopped. I was told not
> to interact with him because he is a "hot head."
>
> Dude is in his 50's and walks like a goddamn
> Gorilla (or Elephant if that suits you).
>
> I've used a broom to pound back on the ceiling.
> That hasn't helped. He continues to stomp away.
> Late late at night (well past the 10 pm noise
> ordinance) (sometimes up until, and at, 3 am) and
> wakes up early and does the same shit. You can
> tell when his wife/gf (or god knows...probably bf)
> is there because they walk quieter. But this
> motherfucker has chased the tenants out the last 2
> years due to his stomping (as I found that out
> recently). I like my place, but hate this
> asshole.
>
> Ideas?
Attachments:
goodfellas-stacks-o.gif

Posted by: hh ()
Date: September 04, 2016 10:05PM

MyUpstairsNeighborSucksAFatDick Wrote:
> Nope. It was built in 2008.
>
> Has "garden style floors" (whatever the hell that
> means)

To me "garden style" means wooden structure. There is no "soundproofing" that will render a stomper inaudible with wooden structure. "High rise style" floors are 6 inches or more of concrete and much, much, much quieter.

OP: my sympathy, I had the exact same situation and it is the number one reason I bought a detached house. If I ever end up in an apartment again (doubtful), it WILL be a top floor unit, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Posted by: Not Much You Can Do ()
Date: September 04, 2016 11:08PM

Well, that's the nature of communal living. Personally, I would write him a very nice note gently addressing the issue and offering to split the cost of area rugs in his apartment. If he isn't receptive, then there's not much else you can do. An apartment complex can't be held responsible for how loud their tenants walk. They're walking, for Gods sake, not playing Metallica at three in the morning. What would you do if the neighbors had a newborn - tell them to muzzle the kid after 10PM?

Since your roommate doesn't seem to object to the noise, maybe you're just more sensitive to noise than other people. Maybe you could switch bedrooms with the roommate. Also, a strong fan can cover a lot of noises.

Posted by: Motivation station ()
Date: September 04, 2016 11:17PM

Sounds like there isn't much you can do in the near term. Use this experience as motivation to do whatever is necessary in your life (education, career moves, etc.) to elevate yourself above an apartment/roommate living situation.

Posted by: Much Better Life ()
Date: September 05, 2016 12:39AM

here. I highly recommend checking this out

http://www.dwoskin.com/waples

Posted by: YXk6j ()
Date: September 05, 2016 01:55AM

bear trap?

Posted by: fetid apartment complex ()
Date: September 05, 2016 08:39AM

ear plugs, white noise machine and move. Oh and move.

Aspire to live in a condo or townhome or on the top floor of your fetid apartment complex. Leave the silverback alone there is nothing you can do to get that animal to be quieter - he wouldnt know how if you gave him instructions.

One of the happiest days of your life will be moving into your own place you own and possibly live alone in. Roommates, housemates and apartment dwellers wear you down.

Posted by: gated driveway ()
Date: September 05, 2016 08:46AM

OP, maybe you should go get yourself educated and get a good paying job so you don't have to deal with this sort of nonsense. Your neighbor is not to blame, you have done this to yourself.

Posted by: x6x9e ()
Date: September 05, 2016 08:52AM

Maybe he can't hear you banging. Apparently the neighbor below me was really annoyed with me making noise and but she wasn't hitting the floor hard enough with her broom handle. I didn't even realize she was complaining etc. I didn't find out until my landlord emailed me about her complaints. I had to put down carpets everywhere and that solved the problem.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: September 05, 2016 08:54AM

NotALawyer Wrote:
> You can't take him to court. You have a lease with
> the landlord. It's the landlord that has promised
> you a reasonably quite environment, not the dick
> head upstairs. You should tell the manager that
> because they are unable or unwilling to provide a
> quite environment they are in breach of the lease
> and if they don't cure the breach you will
> terminate the lease and could sue for damages.

+1 don't stop pestering the landlord / leasing office until something is done. They will grow tired of you and eventually do something to make you stop.

Posted by: Malcolm Xtra Black ()
Date: September 05, 2016 09:38AM

Squeezing off a few rounds thru the ceiling around where the stomping is coming from should do the trick. Tell him you were cleaning the gun and it slipped. And that you often clean the gun when you hear stomping because it makes you think someone is coming to get you.

He won't call the cops because he probably has warrants.

Posted by: Stinkypete ()
Date: September 05, 2016 09:46AM

Fox urine, Aquarium tubing and pump/co2 pressure. Rig a weed sprayer with mix of fox urine oil and water - 24 oz should do. put tubing down you pants and feed to shoe; the other end attaches to the sprayer. Hid the sprayer in a paper shopping bag. Hat sunglasses and loaner clothing. Walk to the front of his door, put tube under door or through weather stripping and let her rip. Empty it all.

Wont fix the problem but if you do it every 3 months he might move.

Posted by: Been there, done that ()
Date: September 05, 2016 09:54AM

I had the same problem when I lived in an apartment complex right next to Fairfax Inova hospital. I complained numerous times about the guy above me from walking around. You could hear every footstep.

So one day I came home from work and they had ripped up my entire floor and put down a new subfloor (to be completed the next day), without any warning. The guy below me had been complaining about me. The whole structure was fooked and hadn't been right from day one.. and it was built in the 60's.

The whole place was infested with professional roaches too. They would sit there and smoke and have a conversation with you. :-) So glad I'm not poor anymore!

Posted by: pHjbj ()
Date: September 05, 2016 10:41AM

I lived below a "stomper" in college. Not much you can do besides move. Apartments are for poor people (and college students) anyway.

Posted by: exterminator ()
Date: September 05, 2016 10:53AM

Blue-collar roaches get to work. Those are the ones you have to worry about, not the ones who sit around and talk on the phone all day.

Posted by: foplf ()
Date: September 05, 2016 11:23AM

I got mad at neighbors for reasons, they lived under me, I overflowed toilet on purpose which allowed water to go through cracks n holes and into his apartment.

Posted by: 8### ()
Date: September 05, 2016 11:26AM

Buy a sound system louder and blast it all day

Posted by: home owner ()
Date: September 05, 2016 08:16PM

Try to get an apartment on the top floor. Or, if you ignore it long enough, it becomes white noise. The brain will shut it out. When I first moved into the flight path noise area in nva, the jet noise was a nuisance. After a while, I didn't even notice it anymore. Move, get some earphones, or make due. The joys of communal living.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.