HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best Salt Water Fishing OC Md Or Va Beach?
Posted by: What Do You Say People ()
Date: August 11, 2016 10:06PM

Within 10 miles off the beach. OC has the back bay and flounder. Va beach has the (CBBT) Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel, Cobia, Flounder ,Rock possible and Hampton Roads Tunnel. So what the best places you have found? What places to stay the night? To Eat. With a 16 ft V hull aluminum boat on a trailer 40 Hp Johnson. Po Folks Fishing rig. I have been across the bay many times, course you have got to choose the days and I have been across down there at the CBBT. on a good day.

In True FXU style Pranksters and New York Cranks welcome..I already know all about the "Brown Sea Trout ".. Blue Plains on the Potomac. So As I wade thru the BS some one may give us some real good Info for all..Give it all to us..Head boats, Charter boats, White Marlin offshore big 45 ft boats..and Chesapeake Bay places and Rivers Too .. All will get some ideas from ya. We still have almost 1/2 the summer left and It will cool down soon..

DAJAX.. Trying to forget this election...and be a nice man as I am an American first and forever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Salt Water Fishing OC Md Or Va Beach?
Posted by: Capt. Queeg ()
Date: August 11, 2016 10:43PM

I'd say that you'd be pushing your luck either way in a 16 ft aluminum boat with a 40. More than a few miles out is iffy sometimes even in a heavy built 19 ft center console with a 150 that I have. Yeah, you can do it if everything is in your favor. Shit, I know people who do kayaks out to the tunnel. But the favorable side of that equation isn't what you have to worry about. I've learned some hard lessons in my stupid youth living down there and that's one of them. lol

If you have to do it, then VA Beach is the better with a small boat I think. OC is mostly all straight offshore. VA Beach you have the near-in bridges, the big bridge tunnel, Lynnhaven and some of the other inlets. Freshwater you've got Back Bay, Northwest River, ICW, and some other areas and lakes. The Suffolk lakes are good too but I think you'll need a local permit. Not much inshore-nearshore saltwater fish worth chasing this time of year.

Posted by: fat grunion ()
Date: August 11, 2016 10:48PM

you should check out the grunion run down by Norfolk this time of year, it is amazing. they jump right up on the beach when the moon comes out, you'll never see anything like it, it's peak spawning right now.

Posted by: boston whaler 345 ()
Date: August 11, 2016 10:56PM

I wouldn't be caught dead more than half a mile off shore with a fucking Johnson. 3 Honda 250s FTW!

Posted by: Ole DAJAX Here With Fish Fever ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:09PM

Oh well. Ive been out there some 30 plus years. Now and then to Va Beach or OC though. And yes in a small tin tub, pick your days, you have too,listen to the forecast. Keep a sharp eye on the weather and don't take too many people or load with you.That said I have been white knuckled many times.. Grunion?? I thought they were a California fish. Something to do with Red tide. And how good are they to eat, fried, baked..I have heard they scoop them out on the West Coast.. (Lousy "Left Coast" Trump GOP Comments Withheld)

Many good fish I hear are out on the CBBT 2-3 miles out. So No Cobia that close in?

Posted by: Canucks suck ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:16PM

What Do You Say People Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> DAJAX.. Trying to forget this election...and be a
> nice man as I am an American first and forever.

Bullshit. You were born in Canada.

Posted by: Capt. Queeg ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:23PM

Ole DAJAX Here With Fish Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh well. Ive been out there some 30 plus years.
> Now and then to Va Beach or OC though. And yes in
> a small tin tub, pick your days, you have
> too,listen to the forecast. Keep a sharp eye on
> the weather and don't take too many people or load
> with you.That said I have been white knuckled many
> times.. Grunion?? I thought they were a California
> fish. Something to do with Red tide. And how good
> are they to eat, fried, baked..I have heard they
> scoop them out on the West Coast.. (Lousy "Left
> Coast" Trump GOP Comments Withheld)
>
> Many good fish I hear are out on the CBBT 2-3
> miles out. So No Cobia that close in?

There are some but with Cobia you're kind of fishing for one fish. Maybe. If you're lucky. And you need to be able to move from spot to spot quickly and chase them. Which you won't be able to do very well in a small boat. Or you can park it and chum and see what happens to come along.

Better fishing at the CBBT when Striper or bluefish are there and tearing it up. Or you can troll around for mackerel or whatever. I'm not much on bottom fishing myself but you can catch some flounder, sheepshead and that kind of thing.

Posted by: No " I Was Born In The USA" ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:35PM

Just like Bruce sang..

I should Say..."Fuck Off You Fucking Young Student Activist Liberal Asshole. Next time you climb the Trump Tower..The cops should pour slippery as shit automatic transmission fluid down on your ass. All over your bi-sexual dick grippers on the handles of the suction cups..when you get up to the 50th floor". WEIRDO!

But I will say Peace Love Flowers and Fish..as I am a nice man.. Tell us about those Ocean Salt water fish Bros.. Forget this Canadian, American, all People Hating Clown Car Liberal Democrat Klansman.. I'm ok with all people. Including Illegals who the majority are nice loving people too and Love To fish! I just want the Border closed.. slow it all down.. And TALK FISH! Not Hate..

DAJAX

Posted by: Thanks Pal ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:36PM

There are some but with Cobia you're kind of fishing for one fish. Maybe. If you're lucky. And you need to be able to move from spot to spot quickly and chase them. Which you won't be able to do very well in a small boat. Or you can park it and chum and see what happens to come along.

Better fishing at the CBBT when Striper or bluefish are there and tearing it up. Or you can troll around for mackerel or whatever. I'm not much on bottom fishing myself but you can catch some flounder, sheepshead and that kind of thing.

For that report

DAJAX

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.