HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
who is city attorney?
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: August 10, 2016 06:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: who is city attorney?
Posted by: Sell me a bridge ()
Date: August 10, 2016 06:13PM

Brian Lubkeman, also represented the City (as a parter of McGuireWoods) in the sale of the 800+ acres to Loudoun Water (also represented by McGuire Woods).
How convenient.
Now, when questioned about this, he backdated a resignation from the firm. Giving him a month clearance to ink the deal but since it all happened OUTSIDE of the public purview, well... who knew. No harm no foul, everybody move along.

Date: August 10, 2016 07:07PM

McGuire Woods represented the seller (City of Fairfax) and the buyer (Loudoun Water) in the sale of the large parcel of prime real estate. Maybe they had different attorneys signing documents but the truth is in the money trail - who deposited what, where? How much did Scott get?

Date: August 10, 2016 07:26PM

Here's where I tie you to former employee on this thread.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/2280337.html

Rick Thoessen was the "consultant" working the deal for the city. He was the city's former utility director and worked for Loudoun Water right before coming back to work this deal.

What did Scott get? Good question. What did Bob Sisson get? another good question What did Thoessen get? keep 'em coming

I can tell you the city got $30 million for what they called a "dam". You can see from the Washington Post article it is hardly such a property.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/residents-say-they-didnt-have-enough-voice-in-fairfax-citys-30-million-land-deal/2014/09/14/4fea103e-3868-11e4-bdfb-de4104544a37_story.html

It was assessed on Loudoun County books at approx. $108 million PRIOR to the sale. But good old Brian begged Loudoun to lower the book value so we could unload it quietly, and for the $30 million. They were kind and obliged.

Date: August 10, 2016 08:22PM

That is a big bite. I’m going to have to chew it up a little before I can swallow. Let me start at the end.

Is this what you’re saying: Before anything was signed but talks were on the table, Brian, the City Attorney, approached the County of Loudoun about their assessed value of 108M of the City’s 800-acre real estate and asked them to lower it and the County of Loudoun LOWERED their assessment to 55M?

How do you know it was 108M before the 55M quoted in the article? Have you seen that number in black and white anywhere or is it all hearsay?

I’d like to know how much money Loudoun Water actually paid out that year and to whom. It might not all be listed under “purchase of 800 acre parcel” but there might be a good chunk of change tucked away under another line about the same time frame.

From the article you linked: "The notice of a public hearing on the land sale was vaguely worded, buried in a long paragraph of hearings in the city’s newsletter and in an advertisement in the Washington Times, and not one city resident attended the hearing to discuss the deal. And the city did not announce the deal once it was signed."

Date: August 10, 2016 08:37PM

Yes. The assessment before lowered. It's all here on A for Mayor's website. He mailed this to us in the city during the campaign and it has not been refuted.

http://www.aformayor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Ffx-City-prop-at-Beaverdam-Reservoir-and-Goose-Creek.pdf

Loudoun Water's payments? Not on here, but later public knowledge City received $30million and city used some of it to pay Fairfax County Water a hook up fee of $19 million, I believe.

Date: August 10, 2016 08:39PM

holy fucking cow!

Date: August 10, 2016 08:58PM

So why the urgency? Why the secrecy? Why not get formal appraisals? Why assume you’re lucky to get 30M? Is it ignorance, arrogance or is there money exchanging hands under the table? When does the Commonwealth Attorney investigate?

Recently, I’ve noticed how the City rallies the community together to discuss certain proposals coming up before the Council. Is this something new they do because they screwed up with the land sale or were they doing this type of soliciting public input before the land sale issue? That would be interesting to know.

I think this is the worst thing I’ve ever heard. It makes me sick. For the “sale price” to be 30M, Loudoun Water must have passed at least 20M under the table to somebody(ies). Check their bank accounts!!!!

Posted by: A methy situation ()
Date: August 11, 2016 12:08PM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So why the urgency? Why the secrecy? Why not get
> formal appraisals? Why assume you’re lucky to
> get 30M? Is it ignorance, arrogance or is there
> money exchanging hands under the table? When does
> the Commonwealth Attorney investigate?
>
> Recently, I’ve noticed how the City rallies the
> community together to discuss certain proposals
> coming up before the Council. Is this something
> new they do because they screwed up with the land
> sale or were they doing this type of soliciting
> public input before the land sale issue? That
> would be interesting to know.
>
> I think this is the worst thing I’ve ever heard.
> It makes me sick. For the “sale price” to be
> 30M, Loudoun Water must have passed at least 20M
> under the table to somebody(ies). Check their bank
> accounts!!!!

There were press releases, public meetings, notice mailed ALL about the city switching to Fairfax Water. Not a word about the LAND being sold to Loudoun. They were 2 completely separate deals. Most people didn't even know we owned all that land in Loudoun.
No appraisal was done.

Posted by: WTF Really???? ()
Date: August 11, 2016 11:53PM

OK Question... Is this NOT being investigated by SOMEONE????

Seriously? Is it?

If not, who the fuck do I call?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.