HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fat Kids kill another store
Posted by: Sporty McFlunkin ()
Date: January 18, 2016 05:39PM

Keep playing the video games kids....

Sports Authority, the U.S. sporting goods retailer with more than 450 stores, told Reuters on Friday it would miss a key debt interest payment, a decision that could move it closer to bankruptcy.

The woes of Englewood, Colorado-based Sports Authority, owned by private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners LP, underscore the fierce competition retailers face from industry giants Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Amazon.com Inc.

“Although Sports Authority currently has sufficient liquidity to conduct its business operations and to make the current interest payment on the subordinated mezzanine debt, after consultation with our senior lenders we elected not to make the interest payment while we continue these discussions,” the company said in an emailed statement.

Should the missed $20 million coupon payment trigger cross-defaults across the rest of the company’s debt, Sports Authority could become the U.S. retail sector’s first major bankruptcy of 2016.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat Kids kill another store
Posted by: Ya Ya Down the Tubes They Go ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:02PM

So much for Yuppie Loyalty. When Sports Authority came here they sold Hand Guns and Long guns and had a great business. The stores had loits of customers and offered a large fish and gun section. Yuppies bitched and cried they will take their business elsewhere. So like Hermans Sports and others they gave in and got rid of the guns, and like Hermans there asses are going out of business, I don't need anything in their store..Their fishing dept went down the drain long ago, I don't need no stinking Stinkballs or Sports team shirts.. So Much for lousy Yuppie loyalty or any of the Gun Grabbers. They all went somewhere lese when they found it at a quarter less. Greentop in Richmond ,Gander Mt ,Dicks, Clark Bros,and Mom and Pop places get my sports business. Sleeping bags, cooking equip, fishing, clothes, as well as Hunt and fish and gun sports.

DAJAX

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:22PM

Ya Ya Down the Tubes They Go Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So much for Yuppie Loyalty. When Sports Authority
> came here they sold Hand Guns and Long guns and
> had a great business. The stores had loits of
> customers and offered a large fish and gun
> section. Yuppies bitched and cried they will take
> their business elsewhere. So like Hermans Sports
> and others they gave in and got rid of the guns,
> and like Hermans there asses are going out of
> business, I don't need anything in their
> store..Their fishing dept went down the drain long
> ago, I don't need no stinking Stinkballs or Sports
> team shirts.. So Much for lousy Yuppie loyalty or
> any of the Gun Grabbers. They all went somewhere
> lese when they found it at a quarter less.
> Greentop in Richmond ,Gander Mt ,Dicks, Clark
> Bros,and Mom and Pop places get my sports
> business. Sleeping bags, cooking equip, fishing,
> clothes, as well as Hunt and fish and gun sports.

You don't seriously think they changed their business model based on *threats*, do you? Stores don't work like that. They adapt based on *sales*. So apparently what they were offering wasn't selling.

You don't have to agree with the masses, but it's kind of hard to argue with free enterprise, especially for those who are arguing for less regulation.

I don't like that my local Sears store changed (years ago) to waste a large portion of their floor space on appliances instead of hardware, but they felt they had to in order to stay in business. Now I wind up at Lowes or THD more often, and Sears loses that business. And maybe soon they'll wind up gone. And we can say ... "Moms buying appliances kill another store".

Just sayin', it's a bit simplistic to blame the retailer for responding to market changes. I hear the buggy whip manufacturers are in trouble, too...

Posted by: Obama best gun salesman ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:34PM

If they sold firearms they would be fat in the black.

Posted by: Greybeard is a fucking idiot ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:38PM

What a douche bag.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:59PM

Greybeard is a fucking idiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a douche bag.

Ah, such rapier-like wit, and such a well-reasoned argument.

Posted by: Good Riddence To Sports Auth. ()
Date: January 18, 2016 08:47PM

>You don't seriously think they changed their business model based on *threats*, do you? Stores don't work like that.

To hell they don't change on *threats* and they did..They had a GOOD Business. And they have been suffering fools ever since the got rid of the guns. . Good Riddence to em..

>If they sold firearms they would be fat in the black.

You know the score..

DAJAX

Posted by: True the Vote! ()
Date: January 18, 2016 08:52PM

Nice shot.

Posted by: Just Saying ()
Date: January 18, 2016 08:59PM

Wal Mart still sells Guns, No not in FXCO But, If they quit they would be flat on their asses in many areas of this country..

DAJAX.. Over and out Old Pal Greybeard . Your a good guy just wrong on this one..

Posted by: wsm ()
Date: January 19, 2016 09:51AM

Anytime a hedge fund takes over a company, it's days are numbered.

Isn't this the same outfit picked over the carcass of Hechinger's?

Posted by: hjhfvghj ()
Date: January 19, 2016 09:56AM

They should sell video game consoles and poker cards. ESPN seems to think those are sports.

Posted by: Federated Dept. Stores ()
Date: January 19, 2016 10:46AM

Wait. I thought just last week we were told our economy is strong and that anyone saying any different is "peddling fiction". Seems like Sports Authority is peddling some fiction.

Posted by: too generalized ()
Date: January 19, 2016 10:51AM

Sports Stores are too generalized for this days market. With reviews and Amazon you can vet/buy most items online without worry. Need outdoor stuff - REI. Need running shoes go to a local running store or general shoe store or online. Why would you go to Dicks or SA?

Posted by: erjcnhek ()
Date: January 19, 2016 11:03AM

Retail stores allow me to try shit on. I then order the item from Amazon for half the price and free shipping.

Keep paying those associates $15/hour. They'll be unemployed soon enough.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.