HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ms.Mann is Right about the yearbook
Posted by: Jackie Perez ()
Date: January 11, 2016 08:09PM

June 15, 2002. It was the last day of School. I was excited. I was a virgin about to be Touched for the very first time. A few months later I learned why I was late, I was expecting my baby Antonio Jose. Baby Father broke up with me and I didn't made much effect to find me. I had a 3.2 GPA. Senior came I drooped out because I didn't want to go to school anymore because I was having a baby. I was depressed and even thoughtabout Abortion. Mom taught me that if I killed a baby (Abortion) God will punish me and I won't be able to have any more kids in the future or I might even die after the abortion. Now My baby is 12 years old. Ended up taking some classes at Pimmit Adult High School and graduated in June 2006. Even took some classes at NOVA. His a 7th grader. My kid knows I had him when I was young. The problem is I don't think I want everyone else in the whole school to know that I was a "teen mom" Hannah doesn't know what she talking about. She might think is cool to be in the school yearbook but I don't think so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ms.Mann is Right about the yearbook
Posted by: Your weave ()
Date: January 11, 2016 10:14PM

Ms. Mans wear da weave.

Posted by: For Hannah ()
Date: January 11, 2016 10:56PM

Hannah can make that decision herself. She already understands the concept of consequences.

Besides, no one looks at the high school yearbook years down the road unless someone becomes famous, or infamous.

If the adults had not made a big deal of it, it would not be a big deal. But now they have to stick to their guns as it's their only hope for self respect. Real leaders know when changing a decision will bring them more respect. This is one of those cases.

Posted by: Yearbook is everyone's ()
Date: January 12, 2016 11:02AM

Hannah should keep a diary or scrapbook of her own. That's what everybody else does. Her high school yearbook is for the school community. And as an FYI, once people begin to realize that they will not become either famous or infamous, they do indeed dig out those old yearbooks and old class photos and look back on their days and hopes and dreams of yesteryear.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 12, 2016 12:25PM

Despite all the talk about how student yearbooks and school newspapers are run by the students for the students, they aren't. They don't reflect how the students view the school and the community. They reflect how the school administration wants students to view the school and community. The question is why do students continue to put up with it? Why do they work for free putting newspapers and yearbooks together? Why do they run around getting advertising, and why to they buy yearbooks?

When I was in school the answer was because they were the only game in town. With today's technology though, that is no longer true. An enterprising groups of students could easily put together an online paper that was free of administration control and readily accessible to the student body.

Posted by: Need a Website ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:29PM

Some students could throw together a website highlighting all the pregos, illegals, and other covered-up social groups at Mount Vernon HS.

Mann could not stop it, and it would serve her right.

Just another stupid administrator who caused more problems by reacting rather than acting.

Posted by: kyC3D ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:47PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Despite all the talk about how student yearbooks
> and school newspapers are run by the students for
> the students, they aren't. They don't reflect how
> the students view the school and the community.
> They reflect how the school administration wants
> students to view the school and community.

I think this is only partly true. School yearbooks/newspapers are incredibly diverse and inclusive these days and some part of them cater to almost every student social/academic/athletic group/club. The overall theme and feel might be admin controlled but I think most kids find at least a small segment of the yearbook/newspapers to be the way they want it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.