HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lousy Drivers
Posted by: CharlieP ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:03PM

Never seen so many lousy drivers in one area!

1. People racing up to the red light, like they're in a drag race.
2. Driving like a zombi in the left lane (turning left in 5 miles)
3. Stopping 2 car lengths from the one in front, at a light.
4. Waiting a full 30 seconds after the light turns green to step on the gas.

Reasons? Chose all that apply:

a. Most people in the area are far more important than the rest of us.
b. Too many people took driving lessons from Maharishis Cheap Driving School.
c. Too many people have their heads up their asses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lousy Drivers
Posted by: Zipper Heads and Sand Niggers ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:07PM

You forgot the main reason, it is all the Asians (especially asian women) and other foreigners around here!

Posted by: shitty_drivers ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:09PM

5. Idiots fucking with their phones when are in motion. I don't give a shit when someone is on the phone at one of the many life sucking lights in the area, but if that is in your hand when in motion, I will honk, yell, and try to run your ass into a tree. I don't care if you die.

Posted by: Fist Yourself ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:32PM

shitty_drivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will honk, yell, and try to run your ass
> into a tree. I don't care if you die.

Annnnnnd you are one of the people referenced in the post title, you fucking moron. Do us all a favor and drive yourself into a tree. Don't forget to remove your seat belt prior to impact.

Posted by: row row row your gears gently ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:37PM

I will roll to red lights very slowly in second gear, by the time I get to the light it's green and I don't even clutch in till I'm ready to get to third. Pisses people off, love it.

Posted by: Your Complaining Details Show ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:43PM

CharlieP Wrote:
> Never seen so many lousy drivers in one area!
>
> 1. People racing up to the red light, like they're
> in a drag race.
> 2. Driving like a zombi in the left lane (turning
> left in 5 miles)
> 3. Stopping 2 car lengths from the one in front,
> at a light.
> 4. Waiting a full 30 seconds after the light turns
> green to step on the gas.
>
> Reasons? Chose all that apply:
>
> a. Most people in the area are far more important
> than the rest of us.
> b. Too many people took driving lessons from
> Maharishis Cheap Driving School.
> c. Too many people have their heads up their asses

Your whining bitch details show that you are not much of a traffic pleasure yourself, bozo.
Courtesy driving is the usual best policy.
The first bozo comment your list of ignorantly composed complaints is this one, proving that you don't know how to drive, either: FACT:

(#1): Any state or locally titled so called Highway' or 'Parkways' are named such very liberally by these so-called, self-declared 'authorityies'. First off, all left and/or right 'turns' of all area/sections of any so-called/named/declared' 'Highway' and/or
'Parkway', MUST, by technical definition of same, be all provided with RAMPS, NOT just a simple, regular, left or right turn with or without a red light intersection. And DEFININETLY there is no such thing as your 'left lane, fast lane' rule with any road w/a red light intersection or left turns. When the two aforementioned items are present, technically, factually, the so-called/named road is NOT a 'highway' or 'Parkway' anymore, and your ignorantly, selfish, immaturely ignorantly applied innuendo that the 'left-lane is the fast lane' B.S. does not apply anymore. It is 'Ziltch'. Nada. Muted. The authorities nor the taxpayer can not afford to put up another un-needed due to ones like your ignorant brain dead ignorant ones. Stating precisely where the given road stops 'in title' as actually being one or the other. The sensible, common rule is when you see any given red light intersection or left turn/lanes coming up, slow the f down. Either way, you are never, at all, supposed to be driving over any posted speed limit. Too many ASSume it is O.K. to speed over the posted speed limit in the far left lanes of ACTUAL highways/parkways inside or outside the above detailed facts of what, where, when they actually do exist as such. This is not the case. Even in the Far Left Lane, you, nor anyone else, is supposed to be traveling over the posted speed limit. 'Left-Lane-Fast-Lane' rule or not.
Trick is, types like you just need to get your head out of your anus. And practice mature, safe courtesy driving habits. By example, you might just help set a better example for the rest.
Good guess is ones like you and maybe some of the ones you are observing so acutely while your driving habits suck as well, need to loosen up your money-grubbing too tight of a sleepless schedule and slow the F down like a good, mature, wise adult should/would.
Attachments:
2e59e3c4_tumblr_mnkrnin29c1s2d2ceo1_1280~01~01.jpg
31547391_tumblr_mhm2wq5LkX1r0nt8ko1_1280~02.jpg
e7c8252a_59535229.headupass.gif

Posted by: Well... ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:57PM

A lot of people are on drugs of all kinds, or drunk here, in addition to the foreigner issue (which other foreigners make jokes about, like pakistanis run stop signs etc). I've seen people go through a red light into oncoming traffic as if it didn't exist and with no reaction. And with the weird 2 car length stop at light those have been whites that I've personally seen. You can't even pull over on the side of the road here without dying. Everyone's on a cocktail of drugs, and many are on illegal drugs, and many are drunk from any number of establishments "now selling alcohol!" And they're all thinking it doesn't impair their driving and voila mix with immigrants and you get our wonderful area.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:10PM

CharlieP Wrote:
> Never seen so many lousy drivers in one area!
>
> 1. People racing up to the red light, like they're
> in a drag race.
> 2. Driving like a zombi in the left lane (turning
> left in 5 miles)
> 3. Stopping 2 car lengths from the one in front,
> at a light.
> 4. Waiting a full 30 seconds after the light turns
> green to step on the gas.

Reasons:
1. They're, you know, important.
2. Ditto.
3. Stupidity. Funniest part is when you see them sitting there wondering why the light hasn't changed. Those induction sensors are such new, top-secret technology!
4. Shhh...they're checking Facebook.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:18PM

#1 problem is they're all on Facebook or etc while driving.

Posted by: wWhTx ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:31PM

>I will roll to red lights very slowly in second gear, by the time I get to the light it's green and I don't even clutch in till I'm ready to get to third. Pisses people off, love it.

I drive on route 50 all the time and I employ the same general tactics, even though I currently drive a car with an automatic transmission. Why race these assholes to the next green light? What good will this possibly do? People are simply astounded that I get much better gas mileage, and have lower operating costs, than people with similar or identical cars. Maximum acceleration and maximum braking are concepts for people on a racetrack, not people on public roads.

Posted by: wWhTx ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:34PM

I forgot to add, if you are intent on travelling more than ten miles per hour above the posted speed limit, go fuck yourself or go to the Fairfax prison and be fucked.

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: August 19, 2015 06:36AM

you really ant to piss people off. Drive a hybrid, the speed limit in the left lane. You can see the heads of the drivers behind you explode.

Nothing wrong with coasting up to a light. the throttle is not an on/off switch.

I can udersand staying 1 car length back form the car infront when you are stopped. been inthe siitutatino plenty of times where the car breaks down and if you are too close to the car in front, you can't get out. you are stuck...

If you are are going to drive in the left lane. at least do 5pmh over the speed limit, unless you want to get shot...

Posted by: local... ()
Date: August 19, 2015 05:51PM

So I'll add (one of) my observation(s), merging onto a higher speed road from an approach lane or an on ramp. Accelerate to the speed of the f'n traffic with which you intend to merge! A little slower or faster to make a gap, sure. No problem. But folks creep into higher speed traffic all the time around here causing problems for all the cars behind them. Fuck! Merge is a damn verb people! Do it right!

Thanks y'all I feel better.

Posted by: Tpwnb ()
Date: August 19, 2015 07:40PM

1. If you need to merge, tromp on the brakes first.
2. If you see a cop stopped on the other side of an eight lane interstate, tromp on the brakes.
3. If it starts to rain, tromp on the brakes.
4. If the sun shines in your windshield, tromp on the brakes.

Posted by: Jack sayhack ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:01PM

Reasons

#1 women constantly on phones
#2 men fiddling with gps'
#3 immigrants with footlongs and big gulps

Posted by: So everyone is a professional? ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:01PM

Everyone is drives like a jerk at one time or another. Some more times than not.
The region is crowded and you are just one more car and driver.
Sucks to part of the masses, huh?

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: August 20, 2015 02:47AM

So everyone is a professional? Wrote:
> Everyone is drives like a jerk at one time or
> another. Some more times than not.
> The region is crowded and you are just one more
> car and driver.
> Sucks to part of the masses, huh?

Driving and Texting
The unpredictable behavior of someone who gives only half of their attention to the road wreaks havoc on traffic momentum and flow, as these drivers slow to text and speed to recover time when they’re finished - how can anyone else on the road depend on them?! Besides being selfish, this type of driving is hazardous!

It’s like a football game with half the players on the field texting off and on as they play.

Your reasoning sounds as empty as anything Gerrymander2 has to say, which amounts to nothing more than a troll because nobody’s that stupid.

Don’t be a cow.
Attachments:
cows.jpg

Posted by: Pay attention! ()
Date: August 21, 2015 11:18AM

mjs Wrote:
>
> I can udersand staying 1 car length back form the
> car infront when you are stopped. been inthe
> siitutatino plenty of times where the car breaks
> down and if you are too close to the car in
> front, you can't get out. you are stuck...

But if you do this, PAY ATTENTION to traffic behind you because it makes it extremely difficult for everyone else to get into the turn lane. It especially stinks when you're at a light where the left-turn lane has its own light and you can only go left when there's a green arrow, and you're stuck JUST short of the turn lane because of people who won't pull up correctly and then you miss the light.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.