HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:37PM

I understand some of you may have different opinions whether teachers should be drug tested or not.I find it unfair for teachers who smoke marijuana on their personal time to be fired from school districts. It is the same way of saying if you drink alcohol on your personal and private time you deserve to be fired. I am against those who don't smoke marijuana responsibly, and become dumb and do it publicly. Because I find it very unprofessional and immature.

My question is if FCPS drug test teachers and subsitute teachers? I want actual facts and other people's experience please. I don't want "I believe so", I want people who actually know for sure if FCPS do drug test teachers and subsitute teachers. I've known teachers and subsitute teachers who have told me they've never been drug tested. The thing is is that they are from different counties and different counties have different regulations. Please be mature about this. I would like to hear from you soon. Thank you.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 09:45PM by Flouk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: High For Teacher ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:38PM

Are you going to be sharing with the students?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: ycVbt ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:40PM

it is still illegal here soo you are breaking a law and should not be around kids you damn druggy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:42PM

"Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?"

No. I don't believe the teachers are drug test in FCPS. I believe they are - teachers. Are you high right now?! Did you mean tested?! Put down the pipe and check yourself into rehab NOW!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:47PM

Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?"
>
> No. I don't believe the teachers are drug test in
> FCPS. I believe they are - teachers. Are you high
> right now?! Did you mean tested?! Put down the
> pipe and check yourself into rehab NOW!
No I'm not, I'm actually runnning with the lack of sleep right now. I am about to finish at my university with a bachelors degree in mathematics. and yes, I'm aware of that misspelling that I had made and I had already edit it. My english is also not so great but I have been improving my language skills. I don't know if you are trolling or not, but rehab for marijuana use is a complete joke. Marijuana is not addicting at all. I think you may be uneducated with weed and fell into the stereotypical of the marijuana culture.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 09:47PM by Flouk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: High For Teacher ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:49PM

If you've been sober for a month then you have nothing to worry about. But since you're high right now you can kiss that job goodbye. They do drug test after that one teacher in Chantilly sold a kid a dime bag laced with PCP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:52PM

High For Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you've been sober for a month then you have
> nothing to worry about. But since you're high
> right now you can kiss that job goodbye. They do
> drug test after that one teacher in Chantilly sold
> a kid a dime bag laced with PCP!

That is awful for a teacher to do something like that to a student.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: High For Teacher ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:56PM

He said he didn't know. He had been selling weed to students for years. I'll see if I can find a news clip!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 08:58PM

Kids are Kids, and teachers shouldn't encourage any kids to do any drugs at all. That is sad that he/she was selling weed, that is very unprofessional work. I had said in my first post that I don't talerate the irresponsible use of marijuana, just like alcohol.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 09:01PM by Flouk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: wow man ()
Date: April 26, 2015 09:03PM

We have our own school guru, Tara Brach, and people still use drugs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: High For Teacher ()
Date: April 26, 2015 09:03PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 09:31PM

High For Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2006/03/20/AR2006032001571.html


This article has been published almost ten years ago and is irrelevant to my question because it has nothing to do with drug testing teachers. The article never mention about drug testing teachers. That professor that was selling weed to children is very unprofessional and I am 100% against it. If I were to teach a class I would never talk about my personal life and encourage any kids to do any drugs whatsoever.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 09:31PM by Flouk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Test in FCPS?
Posted by: High For Teacher ()
Date: April 26, 2015 09:34PM

Fuck you! Drug user! Criminal! Law breaker! I'm calling the police and school system and alerting them to your post! They need to be aware and they can trace you through your ISP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Busy DC Executive ()
Date: April 26, 2015 09:38PM

I'm high all the time and no one knows all the while making several hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: hpjdc ()
Date: April 26, 2015 11:06PM

No. Teachers are not drug tested in FCPS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: ueGkv ()
Date: April 27, 2015 06:51AM

hpjdc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. Teachers are not drug tested in FCPS.


** without probable cause. If a teacher appears under the influence, they are removed immediately from the classroom (if it's a MS/HS the SRO does it, ensuring a legal sobriety test)and then sent home. Additional tests can be requested, and the accompannying HR/legal actions ensue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: not a lawyer ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:30AM

Never submit to a drug test without getting a lawyer first. Your urine contains personal medical information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: too funny ()
Date: April 27, 2015 02:58PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Nic Fitz ()
Date: April 27, 2015 05:40PM

I can't imagine why the county would bother wasting time & resources on drug screening every prospective substitute teachers, AKA K-12 babysitting-temps.

Speaking as a former FCPS student myself; you were lucky if a substitute spoke proficient English or read beyond 5th grade level & could figure out how to operate the VHS/DVD player(teachers likely had low expectations of subs for good reason hence their absence usually = class movie-day).

So if the standard was that low, why squander time & money by drug testing unless there's probable cause that the sub is under the influence of, illegally possessing or selling drugs? Clearly, scare-tactics prove effective as ever with irrational, paranoid parents. LOL. Get real. The average FCPS substitard is hardly a threat to students.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: 88390298 ()
Date: April 28, 2015 06:19AM

Flouk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand some of you may have different
> opinions whether teachers should be drug tested or
> not.I find it unfair for teachers who smoke
> marijuana on their personal time to be fired from
> school districts. It is the same way of saying if
> you drink alcohol on your personal and private
> time you deserve to be fired. I am against those
> who don't smoke marijuana responsibly, and become
> dumb and do it publicly. Because I find it very
> unprofessional and immature.
>
> My question is if FCPS drug test teachers and
> subsitute teachers? I want actual facts and other
> people's experience please. I don't want "I
> believe so", I want people who actually know for
> sure if FCPS do drug test teachers and subsitute
> teachers. I've known teachers and subsitute
> teachers who have told me they've never been drug
> tested. The thing is is that they are from
> different counties and different counties have
> different regulations. Please be mature about
> this. I would like to hear from you soon. Thank
> you.

OP, if you're really serious about this and you want a serious and mature answer, wouldn't you take 30 seconds to look up the human resources department's phone number on the FCPS home page, take 10 seconds to dial the phone, and 30 seconds to ask the question to a member of the FCPS HR staff who would give you the God's honest, straight from the horse's mouth answer?

Chew on that, how you are going to a site famous for trolling and to ask a serious question.

And BTW, the answer is no. They're not. At the same time if you show up to work all messed up and slurring your words and smelling of alcohol or pot and so forth, FCPS can and will require you to take a drug test.

Showing up to work intoxicated is a very good way to get yourself quickly fired.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Flouk ()
Date: April 28, 2015 11:19AM

88390298 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flouk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I understand some of you may have different
> > opinions whether teachers should be drug tested
> or
> > not.I find it unfair for teachers who smoke
> > marijuana on their personal time to be fired
> from
> > school districts. It is the same way of saying
> if
> > you drink alcohol on your personal and private
> > time you deserve to be fired. I am against
> those
> > who don't smoke marijuana responsibly, and
> become
> > dumb and do it publicly. Because I find it very
> > unprofessional and immature.
> >
> > My question is if FCPS drug test teachers and
> > subsitute teachers? I want actual facts and
> other
> > people's experience please. I don't want "I
> > believe so", I want people who actually know
> for
> > sure if FCPS do drug test teachers and
> subsitute
> > teachers. I've known teachers and subsitute
> > teachers who have told me they've never been
> drug
> > tested. The thing is is that they are from
> > different counties and different counties have
> > different regulations. Please be mature about
> > this. I would like to hear from you soon. Thank
> > you.
>
> OP, if you're really serious about this and you
> want a serious and mature answer, wouldn't you
> take 30 seconds to look up the human resources
> department's phone number on the FCPS home page,
> take 10 seconds to dial the phone, and 30 seconds
> to ask the question to a member of the FCPS HR
> staff who would give you the God's honest,
> straight from the horse's mouth answer?
>
> Chew on that, how you are going to a site famous
> for trolling and to ask a serious question.
>
> And BTW, the answer is no. They're not. At the
> same time if you show up to work all messed up and
> slurring your words and smelling of alcohol or pot
> and so forth, FCPS can and will require you to
> take a drug test.
>
> Showing up to work intoxicated is a very good way
> to get yourself quickly fired.

The reason I don't call is because there are jobs that use drug test as a scare tactic. They say they drug test but they don't. UPS does this, if you call them up they say yes we drug test. I have 3 friends that work for the UPS that were scared being drug tested but ended up not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: AlexHoole ()
Date: September 15, 2020 04:09PM

I totally agree with you. I also think that everything what to do teachers on your personal and private time and it isn't influences on their work, it should be their choice.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 04:49PM by AlexHoole.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Sallyy34 ()
Date: September 15, 2020 04:47PM

I would really like to listen stories about it, think that it is incorect

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: teacher 20+ ()
Date: September 15, 2020 05:30PM

Only bus drivers are randomly tested. The only time I ever heard of a teacher getting tested was when a coach at Robinson wrecked a county vehicle when he was transporting student athletes to a wrestling tournament and a couple kids had minor injuries. He passed the test.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: ouchles ()
Date: September 15, 2020 06:42PM

Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: teacher 20+ ()
Date: September 15, 2020 05:30PM

Only bus drivers are randomly tested. The only time I ever heard of a teacher getting tested was when a coach at Robinson wrecked a county vehicle when he was transporting student athletes to a wrestling tournament and a couple kids had minor injuries. He passed the test.

DRIVERERS ARE TESTED ONCE A YEAR EVERY YEAR WHEN THEY TAKE THEIR PHYSICAL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: teacher 20+ ()
Date: September 15, 2020 10:06PM

ouchles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
> Posted by: teacher 20+ ()
> Date: September 15, 2020 05:30PM
>
> Only bus drivers are randomly tested. The only
> time I ever heard of a teacher getting tested was
> when a coach at Robinson wrecked a county vehicle
> when he was transporting student athletes to a
> wrestling tournament and a couple kids had minor
> injuries. He passed the test.
>
> DRIVERERS ARE TESTED ONCE A YEAR EVERY YEAR WHEN
> THEY TAKE THEIR PHYSICAL.

you seem retarded. Are you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: Samuel90 ()
Date: September 20, 2020 09:55PM

hey, I know this is old but I've heard that this test is one of the right ones as it cannot be faked.. though I've passed only the urine one at the moment. On the other hand, we all know that any test can be cheated on.. so you never know for sure. When I had to take a urine test for work, we had to buy them ourselves, so I have a lot of urine drug test dip cards samples at home :) I can say that these tests are true and the company I'm working for was satisfied with the results, so yeah. If anyone is interested in, I tested myself on drugs with the help of the test from this site confirmbiosciences.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Teachers Drug Tested in FCPS?
Posted by: brainstorm21 ()
Date: September 20, 2020 10:48PM

Samuel90 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey, I know this is old but I've heard that this
> test is one of the right ones as it cannot be
> faked.. though I've passed only the urine one at
> the moment. On the other hand, we all know that
> any test can be cheated on.. so you never know for
> sure. When I had to take a urine test for work, we
> had to buy them ourselves, so I have a lot of
> urine drug test dip cards samples at home :) I can
> say that these tests are true and the company I'm
> working for was satisfied with the results, so
> yeah. If anyone is interested in, I tested myself
> on drugs with the help of the test from this site
> confirmbiosciences.com


how much time does this test check the concentration of drugs in the blood?
how fast can I see the results?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   ******    **      **   *******   **      ** 
 **    **  **    **   **  **  **  **     **  **  **  ** 
     **    **         **  **  **  **     **  **  **  ** 
    **     **   ****  **  **  **   ********  **  **  ** 
   **      **    **   **  **  **         **  **  **  ** 
   **      **    **   **  **  **  **     **  **  **  ** 
   **       ******     ***  ***    *******    ***  ***  
This forum powered by Phorum.