HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Neen for school board!
Posted by: Fan of Neen ()
Date: February 12, 2009 08:50AM

Looks like Mr. Moon is going to be moving on to bigger and better things. Time for Neen to step up to the plate!

http://connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=325566&paper=83&cat=104

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Neen for school board!
Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: February 12, 2009 09:58AM

Not so fast...if voters give this an ounce of thought they will realize that taking Moon from the SB to the BoS would be a huge mistake and should vote for the Republican candidate. Unfortunately, the Braddock district has been going for Team Donkey for so long it probably won't help. Plus, if the Korean turnout is high, and I can almost guarantee it will be, then Moon wins in a landslide. Did anyone see the army he had planting signs? Talk about a community that sticks together.

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:48AM

Braddock is the 3rd most R district in FFX. Cook might win, please God.

Posted by: BraddockDistrict ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:27AM

This Democrat is voting for Cook.

Date: February 12, 2009 12:03PM

Thomas More Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Braddock is the 3rd most R district in FFX. Cook
> might win, please God.

Really? I guess that I just assumed that it was more blue than red. Mark me down as another Democrat voting for Cook.

Posted by: NoNeen ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:16PM

Neen is just as bad as the rest of the current school board. Neen is a self centered, have all the answers to everything jackass. Read some of Neen's previous posts on any of the other forums about fcps and you will see for yourself. Vote NO for Neen.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 13, 2009 12:20AM

Hahaha, you are so nice! But we all know that no sane person would want that job.

How about we all get behind Steve Hunt? He believes in real math, real English, and even history with dates! He also listens to students and parents! Just imagine! Of course someone like Steve will never be able to make a bit of difference on the board. But I sure respect his efforts to make things better for kids.

Moon will win Braddock. Unfortunately, just one more lemming on the BOS, one more lemming who will raise our taxes to support schools that don't work, especially for those poor kids on the bottom. They'll remain on the bottom.

Date: February 13, 2009 01:08AM

I like Steve but he has no shot. The Ds have already wired it for someone but they're keeping it a secret until after Moon is elected.

Date: February 13, 2009 06:48AM

Thomas More Wrote:
> I like Steve but he has no shot. The Ds have
> already wired it for someone but they're keeping
> it a secret until after Moon is elected.

With our luck it will be Liz Griffith. Nothing like a single issue member of the School Board using an office as a stepping stone for higher office.

Date: February 13, 2009 08:31AM

Are Steve Hunt and Liz Griffith former SB members, or am I just recalling their campaigns. I liked Hunt when I met him and he seemed like a good, responsible candidate.

Date: February 13, 2009 08:44AM

Steve Hunt is a former at-large member of the School Board. Liz Griffith was a candidate for the Braddock District seat and ran against incumbent Tessie Wilson.

Posted by: chipmunk ()
Date: February 13, 2009 05:08PM

We need to vote for Steve Hunt. He's is the only one that gets it, and won't get chewed up and spit out by the school board gang.

Date: February 13, 2009 05:19PM

What's Liz Griffith's single issue?

Posted by: Her new middle school ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:05AM

That's the only reason she was elected. She got South County built then ran for school board because she wanted a new middle school too.

Posted by: Sorry ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:07AM

That wasn't Liz Griffith who did that. I have no clue why that newcomer decided to run in Braddock against Tessie. I heard she was a light weight who knew nothing about the schools.

Date: February 14, 2009 02:10AM

Thomas More Wrote:
> What's Liz Griffith's single issue?

SLEEP

Date: February 14, 2009 02:13AM

Sorry Wrote:
> That wasn't Liz Griffith who did that. I have no
> clue why that newcomer decided to run in Braddock
> against Tessie. I heard she was a light weight
> who knew nothing about the schools.

She worked for Jim Webb's campaign and saw an opportunity to run for a Democratic seat. And you are right -- she knows little about the schools.

Posted by: Oh really? ()
Date: February 15, 2009 10:03PM

Thomas More Wrote:
> I like Steve but he has no shot. The Ds have
> already wired it for someone but they're keeping
> it a secret until after Moon is elected.

Sounds like the democrats have no one who wants to run. Or they are doing their usual squabbling and can't get behind one candidate? Or have they yet again chosen someone who moved to FC a minute and half ago? Someone no one in the county knows and no one will bother to vote for?

I'm betting on the first one, no one wants the crummy job of school board member. You and I both know that if the dem-wits had someone, they'd be talking about her, getting as much publicity as possible. She'd already have her website set up, just like Moon did long before Bulova won.

Sorry More, no one, in either party, is going to endorse your little friend. Rumor has it that you don't have as much power in the party as you think you do. Rumor also says your little pal is not even a democrat. Not much of a republican either, something of a nobody.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.