HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
jalapenos grill
Posted by: jjp ()
Date: February 05, 2009 12:06PM

Hi jus wanted to let you know that jalapenos’ Grill restaurant in Fairfax really SUCK, the Owner is so annoying and every time I go there he is always telling people bad thins about Baja fresh or chipotle trying to make look his restaurant is better than the others. In fact I just find out that the original chef is not longer there and the old men stilled his recipe and hired a bunch of ordinary cooks for just a few bucks an HR., making the restaurant vulnerable to food poison since this people are not certified to handle any food at all as required by the health department

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jalapenos grill
Posted by: cameron ()
Date: February 05, 2009 12:11PM

i think your wrong about jalapeno's grill, that place is really good and the people are really friendly.

Posted by: guy ()
Date: February 05, 2009 12:45PM

I 2nd Cameron, the food is actually pretty good and IS better than Baja Fresh and chipotle

Date: February 05, 2009 01:14PM

jjp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi jus wanted to let you know that jalapenos’
> Grill restaurant in Fairfax really SUCK, the Owner
> is so annoying and every time I go there he is
> always telling people bad thins about Baja fresh
> or chipotle trying to make look his restaurant is
> better than the others. In fact I just find out
> that the original chef is not longer there and the
> old men stilled his recipe and hired a bunch of
> ordinary cooks for just a few bucks an HR., making
> the restaurant vulnerable to food poison since
> this people are not certified to handle any food
> at all as required by the health department

I take it you work at Baja Fresh. One, because you obviously have an agenda. And two, because you spell like shit and probably have to work at a minimum wage job.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 05, 2009 01:16PM

This thread was obviously posted by a disgruntled employee. I don't eat out as much as some people, but I can't recall the last time I went to a restaurant and came away with any idea of what the owner "always does." I certainly don't know anything about the payroll situation of whoever is preparing food.

Posted by: VA ()
Date: February 05, 2009 01:30PM

where is jalapenos grill?? Sounds good and i want to try it :)

Date: February 05, 2009 04:43PM

its at 3242 old picket rd fairfax, va. its around fairfax circle infront of the home depot. they have quesadillas and burritos and crab cakes are really good! i also like their ny steak. also have breakfast burritos with chorizo-sausage!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 05, 2009 04:47PM

pgens Wrote:
> This thread was obviously posted by a disgruntled
> employee. I don't eat out as much as some people,
> but I can't recall the last time I went to a
> restaurant and came away with any idea of what the
> owner "always does." I certainly don't know
> anything about the payroll situation of whoever is
> preparing food.

I beg to differ. Before I eat anywhere, I observe the managers for at least a month to learn their habits. And I've had this conversation once or twice...

"Welcome to McDonald's, would you like to try a combo?"

"I would, but I've got some questions first. How much do the cooks make, and are they certified to handle food in Virginia?"

I just like to be an informed consumer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 05, 2009 05:10PM

VA Wrote:
>>> where is jalapenos grill?? Sounds good and i want to try it :)

Umm, read all the comments above yours and then tell us which one made you think it "sounds good"..... other than undescriptive comments about it being "really good" and the people are "really friendly", there aren't any.

Posted by: VA ()
Date: February 05, 2009 05:23PM

sorry, i like chipolte and baja fresh and wanted to try something new.

Date: February 05, 2009 05:26PM

VA Wrote:
>> sorry, i like chipolte and baja fresh and wanted to try something new.

Well make sure you report back to let us hear how it was, I'd like to hear an actual review of the place.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 05, 2009 06:43PM

"the old men stilled his recipe"

Is it a mexican joint or a liquor store?

Posted by: Jalapenos Grill - Inspection Report ()
Date: February 05, 2009 10:01PM

Jalapenos Grill - Inspection Report

Inspection Information:
Facility Type: Fast Food Restaurant
Inspection type: Critical Procedures
Inspection date: December 22, 2008
Number of critical violations: 3
Number of non-critical violations: 0

Definition of critical and non critical violations

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.
Code Observation / Corrective Action
3-501.16(A)(2)(a) Corrected During Inspection Critical The following food item(s) were observed cold holding at improper temperatures using a calibrated food temperature measuring device: shredded cheese, grilled chicken and chili, .
(Ambient temp adjusted) Potentially hazardous foods (time/temperature control for safety food) shall be held cold at a temperature of 41°F or below unless the permit holder is using "time as public health control" as specified under 3-501.19.
3-501.17(A)(1) Corrected During Inspection Critical Prepared ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food in the refrigeration unit is not used within 24 hours of preparation and is not properly dated for disposition within 7 days at 41°F:
Refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous foods (time/temperature control for safety food) that are prepared on site and held at 41°For below shall be clearly labeled and date marked with a "USE BY" not exceeding 7 TOTAL DAYS. If the food is held for only 24 hours, no date marking is required. For example, if foods like leftover soups, chili, tuna salad, potato salad, pasta salad, etc. are prepared on 12/22/08 they shall be date marked with a "use by" date not exceeding 12/28/08.
43.1-3-4(a)-(h) Critical The Person in Charge (PIC) has a valid certificate of successful completion of a Certified Food Manager (CFM) exam but does not possess the CFM card issued by ORS Interactive, Inc.
Food managers who possess a valid certificate of passing a food safety exam shall obtain the photo identification card from ORS Interactive, Inc. (see handout provided) within 10 business days. A copy of the photo identification card can be faxed to the food safety section at (703) 385-9568. Failure to provide a copy of the photo identification card will result in further enforcement action.

Comments:
This was a critical procedures inspection. The inspection focused on foodborne illness risk factors and public health intervention. Correct all violations immediately. Food contact surfaces were very clean. No visible evidence of cuts, bruises o infection was noted among food employees. There was no bare hand contact with ready-to-eat food and no mishandling of food was observed at the time of this inspection. Information regarding food borne illness reporting, exclusion, and management of foodborne illness incident was given to management to use as reference. Hot water temperature was adequate at all sinks checked. Fax the certified food manager';s certificate after processing (information provided). If he faxed certificate is not received after 10 working days, a follow-up inspection will be conducted at that time, to verify compliance. Additional information: Grease trap maintenance-every three months filters and hood system: every three months pest control services: to-be-determined Food supplies-approved source

Date: February 05, 2009 10:23PM

ok with all that said........... sounds good to me

Date: February 08, 2009 10:05PM

I ate here over the weekend. I liked it.

It's sort of tucked away in a tiny strip mall I've never even noticed before, near FFX Circle. It just opened in Dec., so the plain decor remains very fresh and friendly. The atmosphere reminded me of a local pizzeria, but with a nice mix of Mexican/South American dishes on the menu board behind the counter. Imagine a small fast food joint owned by real people, and not some corporate chain.

Seating is limited. I counted 6 tables. It resembles a carry-out type place, with some room for the lunch crowd to sit and hang out. I like that aspect.

A few minutes after ordering at the counter, the girl manning the register brought out a well-presented griddle of fajitas, sizzling so loud it sounded dangerous. Slices of beef, peppers, onions, and some fluffy tortillas, served with black beans and rice. Great comfort food, in my book. I was happy.

I talked to the owner for a bit, a very kind Southern gent who told me a bit about his inspiration for the place. Super nice guy. I hope he does well.

Thanks for mentioning it on here. I like this place and I wish I had something like it in my neighborhood.

Posted by: dukedog ()
Date: February 20, 2009 03:21PM

the place used to be good when the original chef worked there, you know the one who came up with all the ideas for the menu!? the so called "friendly owner" used him to get himself started then let him go on the basis of "i cant afford you" oh but he can afford to enslave other guys and pay them for a humiliating amount of money. i know all of this because i know the chef...oh by the way he was the only one with a CFM...OH and i saw the owner clipping his nails in plain site...IN THE KITCHEN good luck to those of you who eat there.

Posted by: huh ()
Date: February 23, 2009 12:49PM

Wow dukedog, you don’t sound like you are out for blood.. Who shit on your Quesadilla? You sound like you have more of an intention of badgering their name than a discrepancy with their food or service. I highly doubt you saw the cook “clipping their nails.” Why don’t you tell me what is really bothering you.. Did you daddy have boundary issues? Did you mom not give you enough hugs?

Posted by: dukedog ()
Date: February 27, 2009 04:39PM

awww how cute, you think your funny! why dont you keep your doubts to yourself ...if you want finger nails in your food thats fine! dont really feel the need to talk to an ignorant imbecile so this is where it ends ...goodbye

Posted by: huh ()
Date: March 01, 2009 12:28AM

DD, I want to start off by saying I am sorry.. you were right.. when it first opened it was great.. now the place is disgusting.. I was there last night..

The lady working behind the counter was wiping her nose, handling cash then handling food (Lettuce and Cheese) without gloves. Then the old guy (owner) was handling all the food without gloves too.. I really liked the food before then.. When I got home I threw the food away and am not going back...

Posted by: Lisa Tiano ()
Date: March 05, 2009 09:24PM

cameron Wrote:
> i think your wrong about jalapeno's grill, that
> place is really good and the people are really
> friendly.

OMG!!!! This place is amazing!!! extremely fresh Quesadilla's and now they have some new Chef running thing.i overheard them tonight.they are going to ad a lunch buffet and Subs & Chicken wings..OH God looks like i'll be running more miles this next month.

Posted by: David Carlson ()
Date: March 05, 2009 09:30PM

dukedog Is an Idiot.The original chef was Female & the person that cameup with the menu was name Sonny.Before you you spew wrong information across the internet...Check your facts and the So called Owner (Gary) didnt use anyone the Woman Lilana was wanted by INS and Fed Nov 17th (Before they opened) and Sonny is still there...My god what a dumbass!

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: March 06, 2009 11:41AM

damn, i LOVE FFU drama...LMAO

Posted by: duke dog ()
Date: May 02, 2009 10:34PM

NO david carlson YOU ARE THE IDOT!!!! my DAD wrote the menu I WAS THERE I SAW HIM MAKE THE SIGNS YOU SEE WHEN YOU WALK IN THERE, WE PRINTED OFF THE TAKE OUT MENUS AT MY HOUSE I PAINTED THE DAMN MURAL AND DID THE ART WORK YOU GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT ....get lost loser

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 04, 2009 09:43AM

Doing wonders to ensure new great customer service. STFU, every time you open your maggot infested mouth, you lose more customers.

BTW, learn to spell if you are going to call people idiots. To wit:

"YOU ARE THE IDOT!!!!"

Dumbass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.