HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
K2 MMA in Springfield
Posted by: Daniel Son ()
Date: May 13, 2014 10:07PM

So, looking to join an MMA type of place in the Springfield area, stopped by K2 MMA on Rolling road in Springfield. They seem pricey, but I'm not sure if what they charge is average or not. Anyone have any experience with this place or any other MMA places around Springfield?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K2 MMA in Springfield
Posted by: Drew ()
Date: May 13, 2014 11:00PM

Looks like a McDojo to me. You're not going to learn much in terms of legit technique from TKD or Karate black belts, regardless of what they tell you. Anyone who goes by "Master" is probably full of shit, honestly. I don't see any MMA classes on the schedule. If you want a good MMA school, Yamasaki has a Springfield location that's supposed to be very well-run, though I can't vouch for it personally. Ryan Hall and Seph Smith's Fifty/50 BJJ school in Falls Church is top-notch and you won't find better instruction anywhere. If you're willing to go into DC or a little further west, there are a ton of other great schools that will also give you your money's worth.

Re: K2 MMA in Springfield
Posted by: Kaneen ()
Date: May 14, 2014 11:32AM

If you're paying more than $100 a month, you're getting taken. A couple of good looking women that work there though.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.