HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What's the Best Gym in Your Opinion?
Posted by: arnoldswarzeneggar ()
Date: February 05, 2014 07:57PM

Spill the beans

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's the Best Gym in Your Opinion?
Posted by: brian4 ()
Date: February 05, 2014 08:11PM

Lifetime Fitness over in Ashburn is fucking insane. It's like its own resort. No surprise that is costs 150 - 1000 /month. I prefer Golds though.

Posted by: Feminist ()
Date: February 05, 2014 09:01PM

arnoldswarzeneggar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spill the beans

Curves

Posted by: Jacques Offe ()
Date: February 05, 2014 10:39PM

I belonged to LifeTime in Centreville, but that shit got too expensive. They've had problems over the years - kid drowned, employees stole from lockers. I went to XSport in Fairfax - it's okay but it gets insanely packed during peak hours. There are other issues I've noticed too, such as unattentive staff, cleanliness, and lack of hot water on many occasions. The good thing is that it's cheap and 24/7. XSport in Merrifield is just as bad when it comes to crowding. My friend belongs to 24-Hour Fitness in Tyson's - I went with him a few weeks ago and I liked it a lot. The layout is much better than XSport and it felt so much less crowded. They've got good Yelp reviews too. I've already made the decision to join 24-Hour Fitness when they open their new location in June at the old Sports Authority next to the Fairfax Costco since it'll be super convenient for me. With 24-Hour Fitness, you can find all the prices laid out online (something other places don't do) and you can sign up online and avoid the whole sales pitch thing.

Posted by: Pauly D ()
Date: February 06, 2014 08:14AM

I go to Gold's in Chantilly. It is pretty spot on as far as price. I think I pay around $30 a month. The equipment is decent (could be better) and they do make a concscious (but slow) effort to make repairs and improvements.

Funny thing is though, it was a gym with a ton of groupies. They had a huge staff turnover in 2013 and now 95% of the groupies are gone. Guess they followed their favorite "trainers."

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: February 06, 2014 08:20AM

Any opinion of Promaxx Fitness? I am trying to decide between it and Gold's in Annandale.

Posted by: golds ffx ()
Date: February 06, 2014 08:47AM

Golds in Fairfax Station isn't bad. About $30 a month, doesnt get as crowded as X-Sport most of the time. Gets more crowded in the summer, but overall nice place.

Posted by: Gyms are for pussies ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:39AM

Around Fairfax you see people contracting for all lawn services, maid services and things like painting and home repair. Then they go to some faggotty gym in their little work outfits, all color coordinated.

Do you own damn manual labor you pussies and save yourselves hundreds of dollars a year.

The day laborer population doesn't need a candy ass gym to stay in shape--look at them... all buff and lean.

Posted by: Ughh ()
Date: February 06, 2014 10:55AM

Gyms suck. They want you to sign a big long contract and lock you in for lifetime with too long of a contract. Then when you try to leave they fuck you up the ass and still try to bill your account, then try to fuck up your credit score.

Just go on craigslist and get your own exercise equipment. People are literally almost paying you to take stuff away that cost $1000+ dollars.

Posted by: money aint a thang ()
Date: February 06, 2014 11:03AM

Im ashamed to admit I go to Fitness Evolution. Its a real shithole but then again it is only 10 bucks a month.

Posted by: AhhhNold ()
Date: February 06, 2014 12:24PM

The best gym is Olympus in Burke. I filllmedd pummping iron there in the 1970s. No frills, just lots o weight to throw arrrround.

I like the thrill of the train rattling the steel structure, and the rain dripping through the ceiling.

Posted by: morons ()
Date: February 06, 2014 01:25PM

Most people dont have space for equipment at their house. Plus normal people like to get out of the house..just stay in your basement, then go cut your grass. You'll be ripped like most these losers on this site.

Posted by: gyms ()
Date: February 06, 2014 01:52PM

Home when time is limited, and excellent work out facilities at my office building when I want to change up the scenery or am out doing stuff during the day...or the wife is particularly nagy. Nice thing is, with badge access, no way she can nag me there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.