HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stranded Virginia motorist tells harrowing story; Driver disappointed by reaction of fellow Northern VA Drivers
Posted by: Traffic Jam ()
Date: January 31, 2014 06:31AM

Stranded Virginia motorist tells harrowing story

Melinda Ardinger's car completely shut down in the middle of oncoming traffic. She was more than disappointed by the reaction of fellow drivers
http://www.wtop.com/149/3552113/Stranded-Virginia-motorist-tells-harrowing-story

WASHINGTON - Melinda Ardinger says she's ashamed to call herself a Northern Virginian.

Last Friday, Ardinger was in her vehicle on Route 7 going toward the Reston/Herndon area when her car shut down at a stop light.

The electrical system had broken down, meaning she had no hazard lights, nothing.

She estimates that 70 to 100 cars drove by her during the 45 minutes that she sat there without asking if she needed assistance.

"I just got dirty looks, middle fingers," she tells WTOP.

As cars zipped by at high speeds, the vehicle was a sitting duck.

After calling a tow truck herself, the service informed her she would be waiting about 25 more minutes.

Fortunately, Ardinger's vehicle was not hit, and a police car eventually parked behind her car with its lights flashing to shield her from oncoming traffic.

John Townsend, AAA Mid-Atlantic spokesman says Ardinger's situation is the worst possible for a motorist.

"We as motorists have a social contract," he says.

"When we see people in those situations, we need to give them grace, and allow them an exit so they can get themselves out of harm's way and to a safe haven."

Townsend has some best practices for drivers in a threatened vehicle.

If your car is about to shut down, what should you do?
1.Pull off the highway onto the shoulder.
2.Turn on the hazard lights.
3.If you can safely leave the car, pop the hood (as a signal of distress).
4.Put a handkerchief or ribbon on the antennae, if possible.
5.Stand away from traffic lanes and out of harm's way.
6.Car AAA or an emergency service.

What to do in Melinda's case (no shut down warning and no car electricity)?
1.Get out of the car, if it's safe.
2.Try to warn other cars of the stopped vehicle by popping the hood, if you can safely do so.
3.Stand away from traffic lanes and out of harm's way.
4.Car AAA or an emergency service.

Ardinger hopes that people do more than make ill-favored gestures in the future - maybe even stop.

"I hope WTOP can tell my story so that maybe drivers will think twice about a person in a disabled car," she writes.

"Remember it could happen to you or a loved one."

For more details go here:
http://www.wtop.com/149/3552113/Stranded-Virginia-motorist-tells-harrowing-story

Melinda Ardinger asks fellow motorists to think twice
Attachments:
324309.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stranded Virginia motorist tells harrowing story; Driver disappointed by reaction of fellow Northern VA Drivers
Posted by: NF ()
Date: January 31, 2014 06:51AM

Cars don't run on magic and, unlike the TrueCar message, this is why females need a dude. This was preventable with proper maintenance. She inconvenienced hundreds because of her arrogance and ignorance then contacts the media to bitch publicly about nobody helping her. Typical single, alone and "empowered" female. If she's Jewish that totally completes the picture.

Re: Stranded Virginia motorist tells harrowing story; Driver disappointed by reaction of fellow Northern VA Drivers
Posted by: Karma? ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:08AM

I hear this story and one word comes to mind..."Bullshit". I'll bet she was low on fluids for her car (oil or something) and ran that car until it didn't run anymore. The 2nd part of this story about no one stopping has got to BS. I recently ran out of gas in traffic and I had to get over and was blocking a lane. No one gave me the finger or blew the horn. 3 or 4 people even stopped to help. I think for this lady Karma finally caught up with her.

Posted by: Baseball mom ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:12AM

NF;

As is often typical in this forum; you have not a clue about what you are talking about.

Melinda may be empowered but she is not single nor alone you ass.

This is about a car breaking down, that's it. Find some place else to troll or better yet, go to church and figure out why you feel compelled to trash talk someone you don't even know. You've bigger issues.

Posted by: Holly Hostile ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:13AM

I'm a little surprised, I've had crap cars all my life and am frequently on the side of the road servicing them myself, not needing help- it's almost always like a swarm of helpful people, Moms with kids, teenagers and the usual male 20-60 to help a damsel in distress.
Maybe the problem was she needed to try to push it, everybody would have gotten out to help her. Nobody wants to help you if you are able but unwilling to help yourself I guess. Just the fact that she went to the news is hilarious. Get over yourself, sweetheart.

Posted by: adfasfdasfdas ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:20AM

Holly Hostile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm a little surprised, I've had crap cars all my
> life and am frequently on the side of the road
> servicing them myself, not needing help- it's
> almost always like a swarm of helpful people, Moms
> with kids, teenagers and the usual male 20-60 to
> help a damsel in distress.
> Maybe the problem was she needed to try to push
> it, everybody would have gotten out to help her.
> Nobody wants to help you if you are able but
> unwilling to help yourself I guess. Just the fact
> that she went to the news is hilarious. Get over
> yourself, sweetheart.

I agree, everyone always seems happy to pull over for me when my car broke down, and I'm an ugly guy!

Date: January 31, 2014 07:29AM

Baseball mom Wrote:
> NF;
>
> As is often typical in this forum; you have not a
> clue about what you are talking about.
>
> Melinda may be empowered but she is not single nor
> alone you ass.
>
> This is about a car breaking down, that's it. Find
> some place else to troll or better yet, go to
> church and figure out why you feel compelled to
> trash talk someone you don't even know. You've
> bigger issues.

Ha ha! Mission accomplished! Dumb bitch.

Posted by: Well, Well ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:30AM

Baseball mom Wrote:
> NF;
>
> As is often typical in this forum; you have not a
> clue about what you are talking about.
>
> Melinda may be empowered but she is not single nor
> alone you ass.
>
> This is about a car breaking down, that's it. Find
> some place else to troll or better yet, go to
> church and figure out why you feel compelled to
> trash talk someone you don't even know. You've
> bigger issues.

Baseball Mom, you don't have a friggin clue.

Posted by: Jalopy ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:44AM

Hahaha you were at a stoplight, blocking everybody even though you had a safe chance to push your car out of the way EVERY time the light turned red for an hour?? "Allow them an exit". Other than the pedestrian crosswalk you mean? What an idiot.

Posted by: Go back ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:08AM

I am ashamed to call her a Northern Virginian too. Wonder where she's originally from.

Posted by: MrBigWrench ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:12AM

Year, make, model and mileage of the vehicle please.
Most recent visit to repair shop, and what if any, recommendations for service were declined?
Just before car stalled, which dash warning lights were on? Perhaps the engine outline or battery looking thingy? Unusual noises,smells? Has car been hard to start or slow cranking lately?
Is the car European by chance?
Tell us more please.

Posted by: Lawbreaker ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:12AM

"049"," 21348","FLATWOOD ","PL","STERLING ","VA","04/13/2008","60-64MPH/35MPH ZONE "
"ARDINGER ","MELINDA ","M","042"," 10621","OLIVER ","ST","FAIRFAX ","VA","07/07/2006","50-54MPH/35MPH ZONE "

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:25AM

First of all, why does she expect someone to endanger themselves in high speed traffic? Where should they stop? What did you expect them to do for her? Walk her to the curb? What exactly needed to be done. If it was an electrical failure that would be her only safe option.

Second, who tells the story and shows disdain for the people of an entire region? How about taking some responsibility and stop acting so helpless? Thats got to be some sort of syndrome.

Third and this one really gets me. Taking the first and second points into consideration. Who decides to have their story publicized of blaming others for not helping her because she was too stupid to help herself?

Its like she fully expects society should come to the rescue in the event her car breaks down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Hey you, damsel in distress. Stop bitching. Learn to drive your car to the shoulder. I don't believe you didmt have the oppurtunity to. Odds are you were very irresponsible and still want to blame others.

Posted by: Dougie dog ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:33AM

Gerrymanderer, I agree with you entirely, but would also like to point out that she was at a traffic light, so the high speed traffic was at a stop many times during her 'ordeal'. The opportunities for her to help herself were endless.

Date: January 31, 2014 08:39AM

She could of waited for a light, got out and waved for someone to help push her car to the shoulder. Judging by her tone I doubt she took sich initiative. I would of stopped and helped push her car if she had done so.

She was probably too good to ask for help, it should of come on its own.

Date: January 31, 2014 08:42AM

"Harrowing" story, and I just thought, the reporter has had to have been a female too. And it was.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:50AM

If she were "hot" people would be more inclined to come to aid.

Seriously, most people ASSUME that everyone has a cell phone and are smart enough to call to police or someone for assistance.

Posted by: Dougie dog ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:50AM

I'm sure she was shooting everyone dirty looks the whole time lol
"Fuck you- why aren't you giving me a beverage and pushing my car! We have a social contract goddamn you!"

Posted by: Sid ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:53AM

It doesn't matter if she is "hot" or not. People stop for everybody. Who could tell if she's hot when she's sitting in the car blocking everybody? They can't see her till they are passing already, and she was most likely ON her phone most of the time.

Posted by: J-Date ()
Date: January 31, 2014 09:24AM

"Harrowing?"

As in painful, agonizing, tormenting, heartbreaking?....

Really, this is a "harrowing" story?

What a nation of pussies we've become.

Posted by: wee hours? ()
Date: January 31, 2014 09:43AM

So 70 to 100 cars drove by in the 45 minutes she sat there? Unless she was stuck at the light at 3 am, there were a hell of a lot more cars than that on Rte. 7 heading west. Just doesn't make sense someone would wait 45 minutes before calling.

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:06AM

"The electrical system had broken down, meaning she had no hazard lights, nothing"

This is Bullshit, not "news". The only way (and I mean ONLY) that there's no power AT ALL is if Princess ignored the fact that her battery was past dead & the alternator was no longer feeding power into the vehicle - a situation that will light up more warning lamps, buzzers, and make noises that only a total moron would ignore whilst still driving on...

Also - 45 minutes? WTF? "After calling a tow truck herself, the service informed her she would be waiting about 25 more minutes"
so Princess waited 20 minutes before calling a service? The #s don't add up.

"Fortunately, Ardinger's vehicle was not hit"
Why would it have been? Duh.

Posted by: Lakehurst, NJ ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:09AM

Oh, the inhumanity!

Posted by: Token Republican ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:11AM

Typical female, probably forgot to put gas in the vehicle.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:14AM

I did this to someone yesterday, and along with giving him the finger I told him to go back to Mexico.

Posted by: Ed ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:36AM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> I did this to someone yesterday, and along with
> giving him the finger I told him to go back to
> Mexico.

The go back to Mexico was a nice touch.

I usually just beep the horn and give a confused touchdown signal.

Posted by: Ihaveavaginatoo ()
Date: January 31, 2014 11:58AM

This isn't because she is a woman, it's because she is an idiot. I'm fully capable of maintaining, pushing and changing tires on my car. Those red trouble indicators are called "idiot lights" for a reason.

Posted by: Noyoudint ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:02PM

Date: January 31, 2014 07:13AM

I'm a little surprised, I've had crap cars all my life and am frequently on the side of the road servicing them myself, not needing help- it's almost always like a swarm of helpful people, Moms with kids, teenagers and the usual male 20-60 to help a damsel in distress.
Maybe the problem was she needed to try to push it, everybody would have gotten out to help her. Nobody wants to help you if you are able but unwilling to help yourself I guess. Just the fact that she went to the news is hilarious. Get over yourself, sweetheart.

Servicing yourself? I am surprised nobody honked.

Posted by: Noyoudint ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:05PM

Show us some tit.

Posted by: prevert the pervert ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:26PM

I'd hit her in the shitter like Tex Ritter did her!

Posted by: yPY9d ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:36PM

"After calling a tow truck herself, the service informed her she would be waiting about 25 more minutes.

Fortunately, Ardinger's vehicle was not hit, and a police car eventually parked behind her car with its lights flashing to shield her from oncoming traffic."

Missing from this is any indication that she called 911 to report that her no-hazards POS in the middle of a travel lane? Does she realized how many lives she put at risk by not calling 911, versus waiting for a cop to come along?

You know, in Germany you can be ticketed for your car breaking down on the highway. The assumption is that you did not properly maintain the car. Wish we had that here.

Posted by: argo fuck yourself ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:40PM

yPY9d Wrote:
> You know, in Germany you can be ticketed for your
> car breaking down on the highway. The assumption
> is that you did not properly maintain the car.
> Wish we had that here.

Don't worry the United States is heading in a direction of total implosion. The U.S. is not being overrun by Germany it's being overrun by all the 3rd World shit holes.

Date: January 31, 2014 04:38PM

>Servicing yourself? I am surprised nobody honked.

well, the swarm of people apparently watching me masturbate probably blocked their view.

>Show us some tit.
shall i jostle them around for you?
Attachments:
tits.png

Posted by: German_the_Dean1 ()
Date: January 31, 2014 04:55PM

Don't expect help...be grateful if you get it. Circumstances also make a difference...people are more likely to help on Sundays than in rush hour.

I don't like this bitchy whiny cunt.

Posted by: THISbitch... ()
Date: January 31, 2014 05:35PM

So she waited 20 minutes for what, a mechanic to stop magically and fix her car before calling a tow truck? Because clearly she could've gotten out of the car at any one of those red lights, so she wasn't waiting for an opportunity to exit her vehicle or hail somebody to help her push (which she also could have done herself at one of those red lights) Yeah she sounds really empowered.

Posted by: Hmm ()
Date: January 31, 2014 05:49PM

My car broke down while sitting in a left turn lane on route 1. Wouldn't move. A few people honked at first thinking I just wasn't going but my husband got out to push and thirty seconds later there was another motorist helping out to push me across the road and onto a side street.

I think had she gotten out and tried to push her car or flag down help someone would have helped her.

Posted by: Northern Virginian ()
Date: January 31, 2014 05:52PM

I too use to be ashamed to call myself a Northern Virginian.

Then I read this story, and now I am proud!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:33PM

MrBigWrench Wrote:
> Just before car stalled, which dash warning lights
> were on? Perhaps the engine outline or battery
> looking thingy?

How could she tell us that information, that would require her to look at the dashboard

Posted by: Louis Theroux ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:56PM

I feel blessed to live in NoVA if this is news. FCPD must be doing a good job deterring crime.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 31, 2014 11:20PM

Reality Wrote:
> "The electrical system had broken down, meaning
> she had no hazard lights, nothing"
>
> This is Bullshit, not "news". The only way (and I
> mean ONLY) that there's no power AT ALL is if
> Princess ignored the fact that her battery was
> past dead & the alternator was no longer feeding
> power into the vehicle - a situation that will
> light up more warning lamps, buzzers, and make
> noises that only a total moron would ignore whilst
> still driving on...

Actually, no: I've seen this. A buddy had a heat shield fall off the mainfold and take out a battery cable. Since it was in a sleet storm at night, he went from driving to a completely dead car instantly.

But yeah, this story is a bit overblown.

Posted by: Painfully Obvious ()
Date: January 31, 2014 11:33PM

No one has mentioned the bodies of undocumented workers she had in the trunk. That's the reason she didn't call the cops!

Posted by: Boo Hoo ()
Date: February 01, 2014 03:08AM

You can go here and listen to the story too...

http://media.dev-cms.com/wtop/32/3243/324314.mp3

Posted by: Daniel ()
Date: February 01, 2014 05:22AM

haha it's even better with her stupid voice!

Posted by: siltMilf ()
Date: February 01, 2014 05:41AM

"(incredulous tone)I'd like to know what i SHOULD have done?!" Try anything, you whiny bitch. it took you 20 minutes to dial a phone you had on you. you're either dumb as a rock, or entitled as hell with a shitty attitude.

Posted by: asfasdfafa ()
Date: February 01, 2014 06:57AM

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2012/jul/27/pets-fairfax-popular-around-town/

The Ardingers, a Fairfax family of four, have had a Golden Retriever since their two children, Mitchell and Mackenzie, were young. Yet when their mother, Melinda, fell in love with the small Chihuahua, the household expanded to include a dog that was smaller than some of their past cats. Though Sophie, age 5, may be much smaller than her older brother Montana (age 6), she has the energy to match. While Montana waited patiently for his picture to be taken, Sophie squirmed, forcing Mitchell, a recent Fairfax High School graduate to jump in and hold her still as their posed in their Fairfax home.

Posted by: Face for Radio ()
Date: February 01, 2014 07:14AM

Bullshit reporting:

"completely shut down in the middle of oncoming traffic" Soooo she was driving the wrong way???

"her car shut down at a stop light" Well that is a completely different story.

It's pretty obvious that the reporting is trying to puff up this story. I am sure there were some people pissed about a car with no hazards blocking the travel lanes but its not like a pack of rogue bikers were hunting her down.

Date: February 01, 2014 07:29AM

asfasdfafa Wrote:
> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2012/jul/
> 27/pets-fairfax-popular-around-town/
>
> The Ardingers, a Fairfax family of four...

Great, so she has bred and is making some guy's life hell. Why would anyone care about her pets? Does she have the media on speed dial?

Posted by: jerseymike ()
Date: February 01, 2014 07:33AM

she is obviously incredibly important (to herself).

Posted by: A very sad story ()
Date: February 01, 2014 10:17AM

I was feeling sorry for myself after recently being diagnosed with cancer, combined with the fact that my daughter died unexpectedly, but reading this woman's plight, I was moved to tears...how dare I feel sorry for myself after hearing what she went through..

Posted by: tVdkP ()
Date: February 01, 2014 12:27PM

I definitely would have also honked like mad. But, I certainly would not have given her the finger...I would have rolled my window down and yelled, "What the fuck is wrong with you?????"

She stands there at a busy intersection, inconveniencing hundreds, if not thousands of others, expecting THEM to do something FOR her while she does jack shit to do anything for herself?

I'm stunned she still isn't there.

Fuck her. I help people who need assistance, not those who expect me to do everything for them.

Posted by: bnbYk ()
Date: February 01, 2014 12:30PM

She should apologize to all those she delayed and inconvenienced.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: February 01, 2014 12:33PM

I wonder sometimes, how do people get by in a day. Really?

Posted by: TMZ ()
Date: February 01, 2014 01:18PM

This just keeps getting better and better. I hope she reads all this and so does the bullshit sob story reporter.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: February 01, 2014 04:02PM

Everyone seems to be in such a rush these days that nobody stops to help at all. It is like you personally offended the people who pass by and give you the looks and finger salutes. How dare you inconvenience them! Such self entitlement...it's an epidemic in our area.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 01, 2014 04:29PM

Jimmy Wrote:
> Everyone seems to be in such a rush these days
> that nobody stops to help at all. It is like you
> personally offended the people who pass by and
> give you the looks and finger salutes. How dare
> you inconvenience them! Such self
> entitlement...it's an epidemic in our area.

What's wrong with being in a hurry? People have places to go

Posted by: Melinda's Mother ()
Date: February 01, 2014 05:29PM

Melinda has always been a lazy, self-entitled bitch. She's never stopped to help anyone else in her life, but would the first to complain that no one stopped to help her. It goes without saying that she's a liberal democrat - an Obama worshipper at that.

Posted by: Erd ()
Date: February 01, 2014 05:46PM

Melinda's Mother Wrote:
> Melinda has always been a lazy, self-entitled
> bitch. She's never stopped to help anyone else in
> her life, but would the first to complain that no
> one stopped to help her. It goes without saying
> that she's a liberal democrat - an Obama
> worshipper at that.

^Another great bitter republican poster.

Posted by: The WTOP ()
Date: February 01, 2014 06:22PM

Must have been a slow reporting day.
Attachments:
WTOP glass enclosed nerve center.bmp

Posted by: To the nova creeps ()
Date: February 01, 2014 06:45PM

ll are nothing but loser internet rats!!!

A woman is stranded on the side of the road in a possible life or death situation and you soulless losers are bashing a stranded person. You losers are basement dwellers who know nothing of real life situations that play on the internet all day never seeing the light of day. One day you all might be in the same situation and feel alone and helpless in the middle of a HIGHWAY! How dare any of you to give your pathetic 2 cents regarding this article. You all prove NOVA people are assholes that don't deserve the privilege to drive because you cant help a fellow motorist. Every single one of you should be ashamed. How hard would it have been for one of you jerks to stop for a few seconds to move the vehicle or even give another person a road flare? NOT HARD JERKS.

After reading a few of this websites demented threads you people are class A losers.

Posted by: Csb ()
Date: February 01, 2014 06:56PM

I know her and I think she has a suburban, that would be hard to push by herself!

Posted by: Joe Citizen ()
Date: February 01, 2014 07:03PM

The responses from most people here is utterly disgraceful. Why do people think that they're so self important that they need to get to work in such a hurry? All people do when they get there is use the Internet for a few hours until their coffee digests so they have some energy.

Amazing!

Date: February 01, 2014 07:04PM

file.php?2,file=35608,filename=dumbass_a

--

I have been in the same situation. I had 1/4 tank of gas and a bad fuel pump, car stalled and wouldn't start.

I put on my 4 way flashers, popped the hood, and within 2 minutes I had 2 guys helping me push my car off to the side of the road. While pushing the car a lot of other people slowed down almost to a stop to make sure we were good.

This happened on Waple Mill rd, Fairfax City. People were very helpful, thank you citizens of Fairfax.

Posted by: Bam! ()
Date: February 01, 2014 07:10PM

To the nova creeps Wrote:
> ll are nothing but loser internet rats!!!
>
> A woman is stranded on the side of the road in a
> possible life or death situation and you soulless
> losers are bashing a stranded person. You losers
> are basement dwellers who know nothing of real
> life situations that play on the internet all day
> never seeing the light of day. One day you all
> might be in the same situation and feel alone and
> helpless in the middle of a HIGHWAY! How dare any
> of you to give your pathetic 2 cents regarding
> this article. You all prove NOVA people are
> assholes that don't deserve the privilege to drive
> because you cant help a fellow motorist. Every
> single one of you should be ashamed. How hard
> would it have been for one of you jerks to stop
> for a few seconds to move the vehicle or even give
> another person a road flare? NOT HARD JERKS.
>
> After reading a few of this websites demented
> threads you people are class A losers.

We're just getting started, babycakes.

PS...I got a road flare for you...right here!

Posted by: No Whiners ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:24PM

>
>
Attachments:
whining-wah-wambulance.jpg

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:26PM

I believe the author of this article needs to find a dictionary and look up the word "harrowing". This is sensational bullshit.

Posted by: Angry Person ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:29PM

In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive. So many people just talking trash about one another, having no remorse or proof of the allegations being made. This site is filled with people who have nothing better to do than hurt other from behind a computer screen. Why this should be a website about helping others and passing information around a community not a war zone where people put other people on trial and say horrible things about people. This is no better than cyber bullying except the anonymous names prevent you form having to reveal who they are. This is like a middle school where people do nothing but start rumors about others to hurt peoples feelings.

I hope that you read this message and think, about your future activity and really only present information that is factual and helpful to others in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the person your about to hurt before you post your message.

Date: February 01, 2014 08:37PM

Angry Person Wrote:
> In my opinion this website is extremely repulsive.
> So many people just talking trash about one
> another, having no remorse or proof of the
> allegations being made. This site is filled with
> people who have nothing better to do than hurt
> other from behind a computer screen. Why this
> should be a website about helping others and
> passing information around a community not a war
> zone where people put other people on trial and
> say horrible things about people. This is no
> better than cyber bullying except the anonymous
> names prevent you form having to reveal who they
> are. This is like a middle school where people do
> nothing but start rumors about others to hurt
> peoples feelings.
>
> I hope that you read this message and think, about
> your future activity and really only present
> information that is factual and helpful to others
> in the northern Virginia area. Put yourself in the
> person your about to hurt before you post your
> message.

hE347892C.png

Posted by: iSmellFAG ()
Date: February 01, 2014 09:03PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA what a faggot

Angry Person Wrote:
> peoples feelings.
>
> message.

Posted by: CuriousGerogeofCentreville ()
Date: February 01, 2014 09:07PM

Can I put myself in you?

> message.

Posted by: DvLWj ()
Date: February 01, 2014 09:18PM

> After calling a tow truck herself, ...

I hope she didn't break a nail.

Posted by: MCybv ()
Date: February 01, 2014 10:40PM

Angry Person Wrote:
Why this
> say horrible things about people.

I'm passing information to the hundreds of persons you, or your pal, hurt and inconvenience by your or her utter stupidity and inconsideration.

How fucking selfish of you or your pal.

Fucking sociopath.

Posted by: weenies ()
Date: February 02, 2014 12:19AM

"Harrowing"?

Harrowing is having an RPG launched into your rec hall and blowing off part of your leg, just for example.

Posted by: Don't criticize Melinduh ()
Date: February 02, 2014 03:59AM

BAM- and cue Melinda, posting about the sheer embarrassment of living in a place where people face *gasp* criticism in response to their actions. Melinda put others lives in danger by creating a road hazard without attempting to rectify the situation in any way.

Notice none of these defenders are saying "well the phone wasn't working!" "It wasn't actually at a traffic light, so she could not have exited during a red light", they are just complaining that other people noticed and spoke of how stupid and selfish this woman was being, endangering others while requiring actions of them she herself could have easily completed herself.

Posted by: H ()
Date: February 02, 2014 04:05AM

Why do you think they want to hurt you? Maybe they are just stating their honest opinion that you did something stupid- it happens, but when you can't admit that you were not 100% correct at all times (I can assume you are not an expert in any related field? There is no shame in not knowing everything) it just makes it obvious that you are selfish and incapable of learning life lessons via experience. Be more self reliant, the worse that can happen is you learn something you didn't need, and maybe you complain a little less.

Angry Person Wrote:
> peoples feelings.
>
> message.

Posted by: LURP ()
Date: February 02, 2014 08:57AM

Don't you get it...it's all about HER! An RPG round shredding some enlisted guy from Oklahoma's leg in some distant country where her son or daughter will never serve is nothing compared to missing a Pilates class! This is FAIRFAX...this is HARROWING!

weenies Wrote:
> "Harrowing"?
>
> Harrowing is having an RPG launched into your rec
> hall and blowing off part of your leg, just for
> example.

Posted by: Deja Vu? ()
Date: February 02, 2014 10:36AM

I seem to remember seeing this lady before. On local cable for something, maybe a special event or something? (Nothing related to politics).

Posted by: Salt ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:34AM

^ above there was a story about her pet in some random thing, perhaps it was also on tv. If you find it, please post! :)

Posted by: 2kewlzies ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:49AM

I think you should probably just write a manifesto and we can all read it and make sure any opinions we have match up before posting. Thank you for the helpful and factual information about how you got butt hurt by people judging you based on the assumed factual information (who knows though since you appear to be the only source) in the article about you.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: February 02, 2014 12:43PM

I wonder how many times she updated her Facebook status while she was there....

Posted by: Tweeting Fool ()
Date: February 02, 2014 01:42PM

Highlander Wrote:
> I wonder how many times she updated her Facebook
> status while she was there....

Good one...

Posted by: 4FLu7 ()
Date: February 02, 2014 02:01PM

Getting stranded like this must happen hundreds of times each week. No one died, nor did anything else remarkable happen in this circumstance. This lady must have sought out the news coverage - no way that article would have been written otherwise.

Posted by: Ghoster ()
Date: February 02, 2014 02:20PM

People doing heroin are in a life and death situation. One they put themselves in. How date we criticize them?
And come on, she was stranded for 45 minutes, 20 of which she just sat there not calling the tow truck. Most people have had far worse expiriances, yet still would never complain the way this woman did, insulting thousands of people, most of which were not even present. Is she any better than the worst of us? It sounds like the whole article is just bitching and moaning.

>
>

Posted by: YLEbN ()
Date: February 02, 2014 02:25PM

This story is so overblown its ridiculous.

>shut down in the middle middle of oncoming traffic

Why is she in the opposite lane? Can't anyone write without hyperbole that doesn't make sense.

>car shut down at a stop light.

So, she was at the stop light or in the middle of the oncoming lanes?

>cars zipped by at high speeds

I have been on route 7. There aren't any high speed areas.

>parked behind her car with its lights flashing to shield her from oncoming traffic

How? Was he using her as a human shield? He should have parked in front of her.

I can't wait to hear about the horrible paper cut she suffered at work later that day. None of her office workers called an ambulance. She had to dial 911 herself. The paramedics arrived but took 15 minutes and she nearly almost lost a few drops of blood. Blood she will *NEVER* get back.

Posted by: RangerRikki ()
Date: February 02, 2014 06:58PM

How is this even a story? Slow news day for WTOP? When your car breaks down in a busy road, you immediately call the police. One of you will call a tow truck. A symptom of our entitlement mentality society where everyone thinks everyone else is their to fix their messes.

That said, my daughter broke down at Highway 7 at Georgetown Pike once. About 10 people stopped to help her. This lady had to have called TOP to report the story. She needs a life.

Posted by: uGGJu ()
Date: February 02, 2014 08:03PM

RangerRikki Wrote:
> That said, my daughter broke down at Highway 7 at
> Georgetown Pike once.

Rte 7 or Leesburg Pike - WTF is Highway 7?

Posted by: 7GtNd ()
Date: February 02, 2014 08:06PM

I might stop to help but I won't stop if I detect "cray cray" (as the kids say). Middle-aged blonde white woman stink of crazy.

Posted by: RangerRikki ()
Date: February 02, 2014 08:16PM

Route 7. Gee, pardon my horrendous faux pas. Grow up.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: February 02, 2014 08:23PM

I heard the story today (Sunday) on WTOP radio and it was a little different from the written story. It seems she called the towing service ( I guess triple A). She must have been in the left lane, since she said ahe wasn't sure of what to do-stay in the car or get out. Since the hazard lights were out, she was scared for the 45 minutes it took for the truck to get there.
I guess because of the comments here and ,in particular, on the WTOP website, there was no mention of her shock and horror in the behavior of her fellow Virginians.
So much for the shame of being a Nothern Virginian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 05:21AM by Priapus.

Posted by: cDc4E ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:28PM

Yes, I too was shocked, shocked I say at the ordeal Ms. Ardinger suffered during her perilous stall in Northern Virginia Traffic.

For some odd reason, the story of Joe Dan Worley came to mind as I read it. A Navy Corpsman, Worley was tending to a group of wounded Marines during a fire fight in Iraq in 2004. While moving through the battlefield, he had his leg blown off by an IED. He tied what remained of his leg with a touriquet, and continued to prep the Marines for medevac. When he was done, he gave himself a shot of morphine, and passed out. This event was described by Rep. (LtCol) Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), herself a double amputee from when the Cobra she was piloting was hit with an Iraqi RPG, when she dressed down a fraudulent federal contractor.

But these are mere trifles compared to the agony Ms. Ardinger endured. Imagine the glares and the extended middle fingers by the barbarous population of Fairfax County she endured. Oh, the savagery of people whose trip home is interupted by someone too fucking stupid to keep her car road worthy.

The horror, the horror...

Posted by: ttKhM ()
Date: February 03, 2014 02:13AM

Attention Whore

Posted by: Her poor kids... ()
Date: February 03, 2014 07:01AM

I'm willing to bet this woman didn't learn anything from the expiriance. Her angry comments were pretty hilarious, though. Her kids have got to be ashamed.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: February 03, 2014 07:43AM

cDc4E Wrote:
> Yes, I too was shocked, shocked I say at the
> ordeal Ms. Ardinger suffered during her perilous
> stall in Northern Virginia Traffic.
>
> For some odd reason, the story of Joe Dan Worley
> came to mind as I read it. A Navy Corpsman,
> Worley was tending to a group of wounded Marines
> during a fire fight in Iraq in 2004. While moving
> through the battlefield, he had his leg blown off
> by an IED. He tied what remained of his leg with
> a touriquet, and continued to prep the Marines for
> medevac. When he was done, he gave himself a shot
> of morphine, and passed out. This event was
> described by Rep. (LtCol) Tammy Duckworth (D-IL),
> herself a double amputee from when the Cobra she
> was piloting was hit with an Iraqi RPG, when she
> dressed down a fraudulent federal contractor.
>
> But these are mere trifles compared to the agony
> Ms. Ardinger endured. Imagine the glares and the
> extended middle fingers by the barbarous
> population of Fairfax County she endured. Oh, the
> savagery of people whose trip home is interupted
> by someone too fucking stupid to keep her car road
> worthy.
>
> The horror, the horror...
Attachments:
win - Congratulations-You-have-officially-won-an-internet.jpg

Posted by: ......... ()
Date: February 03, 2014 07:43AM

I thought women were supposed to be independent and equal to men these days?

Posted by: Neighbor ()
Date: February 03, 2014 08:16AM

Come on, this isn't because she's a woman, the husband knocked on my door (I'm a woman) once to get help jumping his car. With his other car. Because he didn't know how to do it. I'm not surprised he wasn't any help.

Posted by: Pollster ()
Date: February 03, 2014 09:36AM

Neighbor Wrote:
> Come on, this isn't because she's a woman, the
> husband knocked on my door (I'm a woman) once to
> get help jumping his car. With his other car.
> Because he didn't know how to do it. I'm not
> surprised he wasn't any help.

More proof that they are useless liberal leeches on society. The kind who always expect others and the government to do everything for them. Hope that next time, a tractor-trailer takes them both out of their misery.

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: February 03, 2014 09:50AM

"Actually, no: I've seen this"

Not on any car/truck/suv built in the last quarter century or so - the alternator runs the vehicle, not the battery.

The entire tale = bullshit.

Posted by: WNC Helps ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:35AM

The Kilroy's Wednesday Night Crew always stops and assists stranded motorists.

If a motorist wants to throw us a few bucks afterwards so we can get some Bud Lite and BBQ wings, we won't say no.

Posted by: Josway ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:36AM

I <3 being self reliant! If you want to stop, thank you, but I can call for a tow myself.

Posted by: Cheesypoofs ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:41AM

In my opinion, the people flicking her off were obviously wrong, but she was the one that created the situation. If we all held others responsible for our shortcomings, we would never learn. Like this woman, who would probably repeat her actions exactly if it happens to her again. If you can't see where you went wrong, you can't rectify it. Defenders of this woman take note: you are responsible for your own actions.

Posted by: Trayvonmartin ()
Date: February 03, 2014 10:44AM

"you are responsible for your own actions"

THAT'S RAAAACIST!!!

or sexist.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.