HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Don and Mike Kick Ass
Posted by: Sinkofant ()
Date: April 25, 2006 07:53PM

Have you guys ever listened to the Don and Mike Show! I think it is the greatest show around! What will they think of next!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don and Mike Kick Ass
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 25, 2006 08:06PM

Is Sinkofant a Masturbator or a Master Baiter?

You decide

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: April 25, 2006 08:59PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Sinkofant a Masturbator or a Master Baiter?
>
> You decide

Can't he be both?

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: April 25, 2006 09:03PM

don and mike are shit

Date: April 25, 2006 09:06PM

Speaking of Don & Mike, I missed part of what they said today. Sounds like they have been hinting about going to Rockville. Are they going to do afternoon drive at DC101 or something? I guess it would make sense if JFK is trying to figure out where to fit Opie & Anthony in their shitty lineup. God forbid they should get rid of such winners as Penn Gillette, Jay Severin, Peter Rosenburg or The Junkies over D&M.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: April 25, 2006 09:10PM

theyre bringing back opie and anthony?

Date: April 25, 2006 09:12PM

Yes. CBS fired David Lee Roth. They have hired Opie & Anthony to take over for Howard Stern's old slot. There is discussion about where to offer O&A on JFK. I say send the f-ing Junkies back to Sunday afternoons.

Date: April 25, 2006 09:27PM

Opie and Anthony are still employed by XM. The show they do for XM everyday wouldn't even be able to air with a Bizarro FCC governing the airwaves. O&A have no idea how to use wit so their main reliance is pointless vulgarity and less-than-perfunctory use of expletives.

Ergo, CBS radio contracted with XM to air the O&A show censored and edited, and there are five or six stations signed up to receive this show so far. WJFK is not one of them. The junkies suck, yes, but they still are at least showing up in the ratings, so all is not lost for them yet.

JFK would be crazy not to dump the junkies to another shift, I agree on that. O&A on their worst day will draw three times better ratings, and the ratings will have more of JFK's target demo, adult men. Too bad its still the O&A show.

Posted by: thomas ()
Date: April 25, 2006 11:02PM

i always thought Opie and Anthony were only regional in New York/ TriState Area.

never heard of Don and Mike, i prefer the Adam Carolla show or Loveline myself.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: April 26, 2006 09:36AM

I like Don and Mike for the local flavor, and actually liked them better when they cleaned up the show a little bit in the wake of the FCC stuff...I think it forced them to be a little more creative. Don't listen as much as I used to though.

Posted by: Slow n furious ()
Date: April 26, 2006 12:17PM

I got from it that D&M are staying in the same spot just moving location. O&A will be aired in specific markets i.e (sacramento, miami, New york) not D.C.

Posted by: asdf ()
Date: April 26, 2006 11:05PM

don and mike is gay and so are their listeners

Posted by: trekroner ()
Date: May 07, 2006 08:49PM

asdf Wrote:
> don and mike is gay and so are their listeners

Speaking of gay, the best programming WJFK has had in a long time was the Ron + Fez Show. I don't think I've spent more than an hour listening to JFK since they left—just a few moments of Rosenburg turned me away for good.

Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: June 11, 2006 07:52PM

WJFK should go back to playing music! They had a good punk show CAPITOLRADIO for a while. Ive heard the junkkies talk about how funny it was seeing the Punkers from that show mixing with G gordon Liddy and his wife at the JFK XMass party. ANyway. JFK should do something original and let the WGMU guys play music from a simulcast or something besides more boring Talk radio

Posted by: thomas ()
Date: June 11, 2006 10:05PM

i miss Loveline.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:58PM

i do too but i miss 99.1 altogether too. since the theft of 99.1 FM, ive boycotted the radio completely.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:01PM

WestOx Wrote:
> JFK should do something original and let
> the WGMU guys play music from a simulcast or
> something besides more boring Talk radio

Okay, that was about the dumbest idea I have heard in my entire life. there is bad college radio, worse college radio, and then there's WGMU.

I used to be in management at a more legit university's real FM radio station. Still college radio, but not THAT.

Date: June 12, 2006 02:07PM

Howard University has the best campus radio station around if you want to find out what real radio is like. WHUR.

Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:09PM

BACK to don and Mike. They are retiring soon anyway. so it doesnt matter. JFK is a sinking ship and are losing their two biggest cash cows. Stern and soon D&M so it doesnt matter.

Mike will be rockin the MIC over at his place in Manassas and Don will be bitter and old and tappin that ass in Tampa florida once this is all over. The only hangover we would have is the Rob Spewack show. Now THAT would be like bad college radio.

Date: June 12, 2006 02:13PM

WestOx Wrote:
> BACK to don and Mike. They are retiring soon
> anyway. so it doesnt matter.

yeah... i heard it's because Don needs more time to scour the internet for people talking about his dead wife. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 14, 2006 08:41PM

WestOx Wrote:

> The only hangover we would have is the Rob Spewack
> show. Now THAT would be like bad college radio.

Didn't he do a bridal show on Saturdays for a while? Talk about a whore.

Date: June 14, 2006 08:47PM

FM radio has gone to shit since Stern left. "Music variety" consists of three music formats - country, urban contemporary, contemporary hits - distributed among 20 radio stations and all playing pretty much the same songs with sound-alike "morning zoo" teams. The only real "variety" you have is talk. WETA and WAMU, which is NPR (like it, but it gets old); WTOP (see WETA and WAMU); Washington Post Radio (started out promising, but it is essentially Washington Post reporters rehashing their stories from the day, so just buy the damn paper); and WJFK, which is quickly decending into the abyss of "who gives a fuck."

I've actually tried El Zol, for God's sake. Don't even understand what the hell they are talking about, but at least it isn't JackDiamondMurphy&CashBenandBrianHotMorningMess 24/7.

Date: June 14, 2006 08:52PM

LOL that was too accurate.

I say bring back pirate radio stations... or should I say make the ones that are around already known...

Date: June 14, 2006 08:55PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> LOL that was too accurate.
>
> I say bring back pirate radio stations... or
> should I say make the ones that are around already
> known...

If I could listen to Internet radio in my car, I would. You can actually get some good punk or jazz stations online.

Date: June 15, 2006 12:15AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> If I could listen to Internet radio in my car, I
> would. You can actually get some good punk or jazz
> stations online.

have you considered recording those stations to a file and then burn them into an audio cd? it's seriously not that hard.

Posted by: Radio Gods ()
Date: May 15, 2014 08:59PM

Don and Mike, remember those guys?

Posted by: DandM ()
Date: May 15, 2014 09:54PM

Radio Gods Wrote:
> Don and Mike, remember those guys?

Those days are long gone

Posted by: Queezy ()
Date: May 16, 2014 01:31AM

www.mikeomearashow.com

Posted by: Trapeze Anus ()
Date: May 16, 2014 02:14AM

Queezy Wrote:
> www.mikeomearashow.com

A far cry from the duo that ruled the airwaves for 20+ years, this is a shell of its former self.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.