HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
neighbor's dogs barks/howls all day long.... what to do?
Posted by: Jonsey ()
Date: November 17, 2008 07:25PM

my next-next-door neighbor has two medium-sized dogs.

these two dogs bark/hows all day long in their yard.

several people, myself included, on the street have attempted to
talk to the dog owner about it... but they don't seem to speak
much English and sometmies they simply refuse to open doors...
(they look very well-educated, drive two Saabs, and appear to be
from either Germany or Poland)

I know there's a leash law in Fairfax County... is there a dog noise law?

any advice appreciated....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: neighbor's dogs barks/howls all day long.... what to do?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 17, 2008 07:39PM

Jonsey Wrote:
>> is there a dog noise law?

Yes. If you look at the arrest/ticket search, you will see FFX cops cite people for "NOISE ORDINANCE VIOL ANIMAL".

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: November 17, 2008 08:00PM

Is one of the animals named Spunky? Just checking...

Posted by: here's what you do... ()
Date: November 17, 2008 08:28PM

We had the same problem in our neighborhood...here's what you do.

Call Fairfax County Police non-emergency number 703-691-2131. Ask for an Animal Control or Police Officer to come out to investigate a noise violation for barking dogs. If the Officer's observe the dogs barking for more than fifteen minutes, they will write up a citation to the owner's. Be aware if you call, it may take them a short while to come out, as they prioritize other crimes over dog barking. But they will come out. They did it for us and our neighbors had no choice but to eventually control their barking dogs.

Chances are the people aren't taking care of the dogs, only leaving them outside all day, which is causing the barking.

Posted by: paddy ()
Date: November 17, 2008 09:03PM

Move

Posted by: Katarina ()
Date: November 17, 2008 09:14PM

that's strange..... I thought Fairfax county has the 4th largest Korean population outside of Korea?

Posted by: Travis ()
Date: November 17, 2008 09:26PM

Try throwing a large quantity of chocolate into their yard. The dogs will eat it and die.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: November 17, 2008 09:32PM

Give this guy a call
Attachments:
untitled.bmp

Posted by: Fairfax ()
Date: November 17, 2008 10:25PM

There are several ultrasonic devices out there that will stop a neighbors dog from barking

Check out this website

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: November 17, 2008 10:26PM

Seriously though, you can complain to the HOA, city, or county.

Or train the dogs to be quiet when you go outside. A squirt of cold water with the water hose does wonders.

Mrs. K

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 17, 2008 10:52PM

a high powered rifle works wonders.....

Posted by: Jesus ()
Date: November 17, 2008 11:49PM

Fairfax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are several ultrasonic devices out there
> that will stop a neighbors dog from barking
>
> Check out this website
>
> http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm

So basically you are saying to pony up $100 for something that isn't his fault?

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: November 18, 2008 12:06AM

Travis Wrote:
> Try throwing a large quantity of chocolate into
> their yard. The dogs will eat it and die.

You are a sick fuck. Are you Michael Vick or something?

It is not the dogs' fault, it is shitty owners who don't care enough about their dogs (or their neighbors) to treat the dogs properly.

Suggesting any sort of poisoning of the dogs is probably suggesting a crime, in fact.

Date: November 18, 2008 12:07AM

496 Wrote:
> a high powered rifle works wonders.....

.....if you like spending a few months in jail.

Date: November 18, 2008 12:15AM

This Va state law applies to both the owners who leave their dog outside all day and to people who suggest high powered rifles or feeding the dogs chocolate. $2,500 fine and up to a year in jail:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+3.1-796.122

A. Any person who (i) overrides, overdrives, overloads, tortures, ill-treats, abandons, willfully inflicts inhumane injury or pain not connected with bona fide scientific or medical experimentation, or cruelly or unnecessarily beats, maims, mutilates, or kills any animal, whether belonging to himself or another; (ii) deprives any animal of necessary food, drink, shelter or emergency veterinary treatment; (iii) sores any equine for any purpose or administers drugs or medications to alter or mask such soring for the purpose of sale, show, or exhibition of any kind, unless such administration of drugs or medications is within the context of a veterinary client-patient relationship and solely for therapeutic purposes; (iv) willfully sets on foot, instigates, engages in, or in any way furthers any act of cruelty to any animal; (v) carries or causes to be carried in or upon any vehicle, vessel or otherwise any animal in a cruel, brutal, or inhumane manner, so as to produce torture or unnecessary suffering; or (vi) causes any of the above things, or being the owner of such animal permits such acts to be done by another, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

B. Any person who (i) tortures, willfully inflicts inhumane injury or pain not connected with bona fide scientific or medical experimentation, or cruelly and unnecessarily beats, maims, mutilates or kills any animal whether belonging to himself or another; (ii) sores any equine for any purpose or administers drugs or medications to alter or mask such soring for the purpose of sale, show, or exhibit of any kind, unless such administration of drugs or medications is under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian and solely for therapeutic purposes; (iii) maliciously deprives any companion animal of necessary food, drink, shelter or emergency veterinary treatment; (iv) instigates, engages in, or in any way furthers any act of cruelty to any animal set forth in clauses (i) through (iv); or (v) causes any of the actions described in clauses (i) through (iv), or being the owner of such animal permits such acts to be done by another; and has been within five years convicted of a violation of this subsection or subsection A, shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony if the current violation or any previous violation of this subsection or subsection A resulted in the death of an animal or the euthanasia of an animal based on the recommendation of a licensed veterinarian upon determination that such euthanasia was necessary due to the condition of the animal, and such condition was a direct result of a violation of this subsection or subsection A.

I couldn't find any Fairfax County laws, but this is from Loudon County's laws, which I'm sure is similar:

612.12 ACTIONS AT LAW OR IN EQUITY; KILLING, INJURING OR POISONING DOGS.
All dogs in the County shall be deemed personal property and may be the subject of larceny and malicious or unlawful trespass, and the owners thereof may maintain an action for the killing of any such dog, or injury thereto, or unlawful detention or use thereof, as in the case of other personal property. No person, except the owner or his authorized agent, shall administer poison to any such dog or expose poison where it
may be taken by any such dog, or injure, disfigure, disable or kill any dog except as otherwise provided in this chapter.
The owner of any dog which is injured or killed by any person contrary to the provisions of this chapter shall be entitled to recover the value thereof or the damage done thereto in an appropriate action at law from such person.

Posted by: Chip ()
Date: November 18, 2008 11:34AM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> Seriously though, you can complain to the HOA,
> city, or county.
>
> Or train the dogs to be quiet when you go outside.
> A squirt of cold water with the water hose does
> wonders.
>
> Mrs. K

So do cookies.

Posted by: chinaman ()
Date: November 18, 2008 12:11PM

i take care problem, you give me dog, hmm tasty i eat no more bark fo youu

Date: November 18, 2008 12:32PM

OK, drop the dog poisoning and poison Blob instead.

Posted by: lol ()
Date: November 18, 2008 12:36PM

Bob Wrote:
> .....if you like spending a few months in jail.

oh like inkahootz

Posted by: Yum ()
Date: November 18, 2008 02:18PM

chinaman Wrote:
> i take care problem, you give me dog, hmm tasty i
> eat no more bark fo youu

is this before or after the Asian haircut?

Posted by: Blob ()
Date: November 18, 2008 02:19PM

496 Wrote:
> OK, drop the dog poisoning and poison Blob
> instead.

You did mean "Bob" ? or not?

Posted by: Harlan W ()
Date: May 31, 2009 10:19AM

Move? Why should ANYONE move from inconsiderate idiots? They've done nothing wrong. They should MOVE! The offenders, the law breaking inconsiderate jerks.

Posted by: Harlan W ()
Date: May 31, 2009 10:22AM

The anti-barking, ultrasonic devices do NOT work. I bought one supposedly the best one on the market. Don't waste your hard earned money. Just call the police and get them to do their jobs IF they will mess with this one. Its call the laws OR local ordinances.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: May 31, 2009 10:34AM

One of my neighbors complained about my dog "barking incessently" and called animal control alleging she was left outside all day without food, water or shelter. NOTE: My dog has free access to the fenced in back yard via a doggy door.

When animal control came to the house, my dog was quiet until the officer approached the gate and then she let her know that she was too close to her territory. As soon as she moved away from the gate, my dog stopped barking.

My next door neighbor was home at the time and asked if there was a problem. When she found out there was a complaint, she said the only time my dog barks is when someone is near the gate, which is what she's suppose to do ... and she didn't want her to stop doing that, for obvious reasons.

Meanwhile three other neighborhood dogs were barking up a storm, one of which was in fact dumped in the yard all day. My dog got a pass, but two of my neighbors were given a warning, and one dog was removed.

Now everyone is really PO's with the neighbor who initiated the complaint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 10:35AM by Junes.

Posted by: John Doe ()
Date: May 31, 2009 10:42AM

Call animal control. I had the same problem with some gooks in my neighborhood. These slant-eyed yellow monkeys let their dogs bark all night. A letter from animal control stopped it completely and there's hasn't been a sound from over there in more than a year. If there's one thing slopes fear it's trouble with the authorities.

Posted by: Hippity ()
Date: May 31, 2009 11:24AM

I have it on good authority that you can use dynamite.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 31, 2009 11:25PM

Bob Wrote:
> 496 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a high powered rifle works wonders.....
>
>
> .....if you like spending a few months in jail.

If you shoot or poison someone's dog, just wait and see what happens when the owner finds you.

Honestly, my neighborhood is FULL of dogs. One of my neighbors has dogs that stay out back at night, and whenever another animal is walking through the woods, or someone passes by their house, they bark for as long as they deem necessary. It doesn't bother me though, as I appreciate the heads up towards anything creeping around outside.

I have three dogs myself, and the only time I'm actually finding anything out of the norm, or I'm finding it weird and difficult to get by with everyday things, is when they're NOT around here, and NOT making noise. I've been used to their barking for a looooong time now, and it's basically the same to me as the Airplanes flying overhead, and the birds chirping, it's second nature to what I deem a normal environment.

And yeah, I know noise, I have an Alaskan Husky that howls, and two Jack Russells. Just wait until I have a kennel full of Huskies in the future, now THAT will be noisy, but again, I'm beyond used to it by now.

Personally, I advise against those Sonic Devices, because I have to think what gives someone the right to hurt your dogs ears simply because they don't like the barking aspect of having them around? Now of course, I'm a responsible owner, and I never leave my dogs outside, but I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of my neighbor for instance. What right do I have to force his dogs into silence through the use of some device?

Also, like some others before me have stated, this individual might actually be neglecting his dogs as well. Have you been able to view their conditions in order to determine how you believe they are being treated? Most dogs, even when left outside, only bark at disturbances. If they bark constantly for no apparent reason, it could be due to neglect and/or abuse.

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: May 31, 2009 11:48PM

Rent you garage out to a rock band for practice. I'm so sick of these dog owners who let their dogs shit all over the place and bark at all hours. Follow the noise and dog shitting laws or have your dogs put down.

Date: June 01, 2009 12:03AM

Lester Wrote:
> Rent you garage out to a rock band for practice.
> I'm so sick of these dog owners who let their dogs
> shit all over the place and bark at all hours.
> Follow the noise and dog shitting laws or have
> your dogs put down.

Now now, talking about having the Dogs put down is too drastic.

I do agree with your frustration over those individuals who ignore the "Pick-up/Scoop" Laws however. Besides the fact that there is a law requiring Dog owners to pick-up after their pets, I find it to be a matter of common decency and respect as well. I cannot tell you the number of times I have stepped in a mess that someone elses dog made in MY own yard. I knew the offenders however, as 90% of my neighbors are considerate enough to not do such a thing.

The first perp was either a dog walker, or an out of neighborhood lady, but I saw her constantly, and once she even let her dog do its business in my own yard right in front of a family member of mine, and she attempted to leave it and walk off. The second issue was a neighbor who sort of resembles a Woodland Tree-Hugging Hippy, who simply believed that their puppy could go anywhere it wished, and it was "Natural". Both of these individuals were confronted in a manner as to the facts of the law (A family member of mine did it in a matter of fact, non-chalant sort of way), and since then we have rarely had such problems.

I always clean up after my dogs, and one time when a sick dog made a mess in my next-door neighbors yard at night, I pulled out the entire length of hose and made my way over there to wash the mess away. I believe in common decency, as well as responsibility.

Posted by: Exhausted ()
Date: July 01, 2009 07:59PM

I live in a townhouse community. What do you do if your neighbor's little yappy dog starts barking non-stop from the minute they let it out until they let it back in.... It sometimes starts at 5 to 7 AM and as late as 11 PM. It doesn't stay outside full time - but barks the whole time they let it out.

Since its a townhouse, all it takes is a minute or two of barking to wake you up or keep you from sleeping. It sometimes barks for 5 - 10 minutes (under the 15 min. minimum mentioned in other posts) - but sometimes is almost 1/2 hour or more. It just seems rude to me. When we let our dog out back, if she barks at all, its because she sees a stranger or another animal. It doesn't happen often but we immediately bring her in.

This dog just runs around the back yard like in circles barking very high and sharp at nothing!- its enough to drive you crazy. We are afraid to call the police, because we don't want to be the neighborhood bullies, but we don't want to confront the neighbors and get started on the wrong foot since we really don't know them because they recently moved in.

Any suggestions from someone who is losing sleep on a regular basis. Not to mention that eating dinner or lunch out on the deck now is out of the question.

Posted by: j Webb ()
Date: July 01, 2009 09:00PM

Harlan W Wrote:
> Move? Why should ANYONE move from inconsiderate
> idiots? They've done nothing wrong. They should
> MOVE! The offenders, the law breaking
> inconsiderate jerks.

Dont you watch the news?, the criminal justice system is designed to protect the rights of those who dont want or care to abide by our laws

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 05, 2009 02:52PM

I hate dogs.

Posted by: HW ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:22AM

Why? You're an idiot.

Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:38AM

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:45PM

HW Wrote:
> Why? You're an idiot.

You're a dog.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:28PM

Jonsey Wrote:
> my next-next-door neighbor has two medium-sized
> dogs.
>
> these two dogs bark/hows all day long in their
> yard.
>
> several people, myself included, on the street
> have attempted to
> talk to the dog owner about it... but they don't
> seem to speak
> much English and sometmies they simply refuse to
> open doors...
> (they look very well-educated, drive two Saabs,
> and appear to be
> from either Germany or Poland)
>
> I know there's a leash law in Fairfax County... is
> there a dog noise law?
>
> any advice appreciated....

You might want to send your neighbors a letter detailing your view of the situation.

If that does not work, call animal control. Explain the situation.

You should also go to the Magistrate's Office in the ADC. See if the neighbors can be charged with violating the local noise ordinance or disturbing the peace.

I had a crazy neighbor who, before leaving for work in the morning, would turn on her stereo full blast. She would turn it off upon returning in the evening.

She had THOUGHT she was exempt from the noise ordinance and she was correct. She was, however, NOT exempt from the ordinance prohibiting disturbance of the peace. A magistrate issued a warrant and the cops hauled her away one Sunday morning.

My crazy neighbor was a employee of the CIA. The agency followed this case very closely. She finally moved away and her landlords sold the condo in which she had lived.

Posted by: Sunny Day ()
Date: July 24, 2009 08:50PM

I have an issue with INDOOR barking - they already got nailed for outdoors, but the obnoxious dog will bark up to 182 consecutive barks (I counted) - throughout the day. And this is even when they're at home. I've spoken to owners and they act concerned but say they don't have time to train him and they don't hear him anymore. Well I DO.

The Fairfax County noise ordinance pertaining to animals (Chapter 108, Article 5) is at:
http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10051&sid=46

Section 108-5-2. Specific prohibitions.
The following acts, are declared to be noise disturbances in violation of this Chapter, provided that the acts so specified shall not be deemed to be an exclusive enumeration of those acts which may constitute a noise disturbance under Section 108-5-1, and provided that the acts so specified in Subparagraph (a) below may still constitute a noise disturbance under Section 108-5-1 independently of the hours of day said acts take place.
(a) Operating or permitting the use, or operation of any radio receiving set, musical instrument, television, phonograph, or any other device for the production of sound between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. the following day in such a manner as to be plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two persons within a building or plainly audible at fifty (50) feet from such device when operated within a motor vehicle parked on a public right-of-way or in a public place.
(b) Owning, keeping, possessing, or harboring any animal or animals which frequently or habitually howl, bark, meow, squawk or make such other noise as is plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two (2) persons within a building.
(24-75-16A; 1961 Code, § 16A.5.2; 34-76-108.)

Date: July 24, 2009 08:53PM

Sorry, email address didn't come out right:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/consumer/codes.htm
Then click on FAIRFAX COUNTY ORDINANCES
Then go to Noise Ordinances

It's in there.

Date: July 24, 2009 08:56PM

That didn't come out right either! They won't post the entire URL

Try to get to the following URL from Fairfaxcounty.gov ...

www.fairfaxcounty.gov/consumer/codes/htm

Date: July 24, 2009 09:33PM

Tear its ACL.

Posted by: linda lou ()
Date: July 24, 2009 11:09PM

Dog problems here too....Hayfield Farms area....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

I wrote a letter (anonymous and nice) to one neighbor. That took care of the problem.

Now, the next door neighbors got a puppy 5 months ago and recently, it barks at 6 am for about 10 minutes. Wakes me up and I can't get back to sleep.
These morons have 2 other dogsthat are no problem. Last Christmas at 6 am, they put all their dogs out (Grandma's too, she was visting) and these dogs barked non-stop until 9:30 am on Christmas morning....assholes!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 25, 2009 01:59AM

two words: shock collar.

shock collar - Watch more Funny Videos

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: JesusChrist ()
Date: July 26, 2009 03:24AM

Thou shalt kill it

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: July 26, 2009 11:19PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Tear its ACL.

lol'd

Posted by: Lydia ()
Date: August 09, 2009 08:15AM

>What right do I have to force his dogs into silence through the use of some >device?

And what gives THEM the right to force their neighbors to put up with all the ruckus???? I pay the taxes and mortgage on this house, not the barking dogs! Please keep this in perspective.

Posted by: Another Lurker ()
Date: August 14, 2009 03:00PM

About 15 years ago, a neighbor's dog barked for several hours one night. I eventually put some pants on and wandered over about midnight. The dog was outside, the house was lit up, and peering through the front door, I could see that the furniture was all moved around. That plus some other evidence led me to conclude that they'd just had floors refinished.

"Hmm", sez I. "I bet they're in a hotel". Since their name was distinctive, I started calling local hotels. I was about to give up when "Is a Fred Fuddpucker staying there?" led to a "One minute please". Ring. Ring. Ring. Very sleepy "Hello?"

"Your dog is outside barking and is keeping the neighborhood awake. We'd all appreciate it if you would come do something about it". And I hung up.

About 20 minutes later the dog stopped barking. I've always wondered how the conversation in that hotel room went after I hung up...

Anyway, if your neighbor has a phone, why not call at inconvnient times and ask them to shut the mutt up?

Posted by: FU-InconsiderateDogOwners ()
Date: October 11, 2009 08:37PM

@ThePackLeader - What right does someone have to use a device to stop your dogs from barking and ruining their ability to enjoy their own property? What the F*** gives you or anyone else the right to impose your dogs on others? Your dogs do not have rights and you are obligated to abide by county code. What in the hell makes you think you are above the law?

Date: October 11, 2009 10:26PM

here's what you do... Wrote:
> We had the same problem in our
> neighborhood...here's what you do.
>
> Call Fairfax County Police non-emergency number
> 703-691-2131. Ask for an Animal Control or Police
> Officer to come out to investigate a noise
> violation for barking dogs. If the Officer's
> observe the dogs barking for more than fifteen
> minutes, they will write up a citation to the
> owner's. Be aware if you call, it may take them a
> short while to come out, as they prioritize other
> crimes over dog barking. But they will come out.
> They did it for us and our neighbors had no choice
> but to eventually control their barking dogs.
>
> Chances are the people aren't taking care of the
> dogs, only leaving them outside all day, which is
> causing the barking.

There are two problems with that approach however:

A. Animal Control is pathetic, and they don't do very much aside from collecting registration funds and taxes.

B. If the Officer stands there at the property line for an entire 15 minutes, and the dog continuously barks, it doesn't prove anything. They are acting as a threat, and of course the dog will bark.

Date: October 11, 2009 10:28PM

Sunny Day Wrote:
> I have an issue with INDOOR barking - they already
> got nailed for outdoors, but the obnoxious dog
> will bark up to 182 consecutive barks (I counted)
> - throughout the day. And this is even when
> they're at home. I've spoken to owners and they
> act concerned but say they don't have time to
> train him and they don't hear him anymore. Well I
> DO.
>
> The Fairfax County noise ordinance pertaining to
> animals (Chapter 108, Article 5) is at:
> http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=
> 10051&sid=46
>
>
> Section 108-5-2. Specific prohibitions.
> The following acts, are declared to be noise
> disturbances in violation of this Chapter,
> provided that the acts so specified shall not be
> deemed to be an exclusive enumeration of those
> acts which may constitute a noise disturbance
> under Section 108-5-1, and provided that the acts
> so specified in Subparagraph (a) below may still
> constitute a noise disturbance under Section
> 108-5-1 independently of the hours of day said
> acts take place.
> (a) Operating or permitting the use, or
> operation of any radio receiving set, musical
> instrument, television, phonograph, or any other
> device for the production of sound between the
> hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. the following day in
> such a manner as to be plainly audible across
> property boundaries or through partitions common
> to two persons within a building or plainly
> audible at fifty (50) feet from such device when
> operated within a motor vehicle parked on a public
> right-of-way or in a public place.
> (b) Owning, keeping, possessing, or harboring
> any animal or animals which frequently or
> habitually howl, bark, meow, squawk or make such
> other noise as is plainly audible across property
> boundaries or through partitions common to two (2)
> persons within a building.
> (24-75-16A; 1961 Code, § 16A.5.2; 34-76-108.)

Are you in a Townhouse or Apartment?

Date: October 11, 2009 10:32PM

Lydia Wrote:
> >What right do I have to force his dogs into
> silence through the use of some >device?
>
> And what gives THEM the right to force their
> neighbors to put up with all the ruckus???? I pay
> the taxes and mortgage on this house, not the
> barking dogs! Please keep this in perspective.

But you need to keep in perspective the fact that the person is to blame, not the dog. By turning some device on the dog, you're punishing the wrong party.

Date: October 11, 2009 10:34PM

FU-InconsiderateDogOwners Wrote:
> @ThePackLeader - What right does someone have to
> use a device to stop your dogs from barking and
> ruining their ability to enjoy their own property?
> What the F*** gives you or anyone else the right
> to impose your dogs on others? Your dogs do not
> have rights and you are obligated to abide by
> county code. What in the hell makes you think you
> are above the law?

Just who the hell are you even talking to? Next time, Re-read my statement before delving into seizure induced convulsive fits.

Posted by: Llinda lou ()
Date: October 15, 2009 10:20PM

I also have an issue with 2 dogs that bark in the hood
at late hours.
I am thinking about buying that sonic device. Anyone try it?

Posted by: 4200cc ()
Date: October 15, 2009 10:25PM

Buy some cheap chocolates and throw them over the fence.

chocolate_table.jpg

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:08PM

Actually no there are some really annoying ass yippers out there who bark at a leaf blowing down the street. Well behaved dogs only bark when necessary.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:10PM

Does not work.

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> FU-InconsiderateDogOwners Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @ThePackLeader - What right does someone have
> to
> > use a device to stop your dogs from barking and
> > ruining their ability to enjoy their own
> property?
> > What the F*** gives you or anyone else the
> right
> > to impose your dogs on others? Your dogs do
> not
> > have rights and you are obligated to abide by
> > county code. What in the hell makes you think
> you
> > are above the law?
>
>
> Just who the hell are you even talking to? Next
> time, Re-read my statement before delving into
> seizure induced convulsive fits.

Posted by: iluvsookie ()
Date: August 30, 2010 10:56PM

Complain to police. There is no 15 minute rule. The hours of 11PM to 7AM are for other noises (parties, stereos, etc.). It is clear that people keeping nuisance pets continually making loud noises, like the dogs living behind me every single time they are outside, are breaking the law and subject to misdemeanor charges (30 days or 1,000 bucks, and repeatable for each day it happens). The decision point is if it is "plainly audible across property boundaries" and it occurs "frequently or habitually".

Keep complaining to police. More than one neighbor/resident should join in with you if heard by them and ensure continual complaints.

Cite Fairfax County Code Chapter 108, Article 5, Section 108-5-2:

"(b) Owning, keeping, possessing, or harboring any animal or animals which frequently or habitually howl, bark, meow, squawk or make such other noise as is plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two (2) persons within a building."

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:01PM

Do you know how to make meatballs?

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:10PM

No but I fry up a damned good Cajun battered Queer-ball.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: BIG BAD WOLF ()
Date: August 31, 2010 12:13AM

who really gives a shit.its just dogs barking,for christsakes...grow some balls and stop whining.spend your time worrying,if needs be,on something worth worrying about...like the militarization of law enforcement and America becoming a commie shithole police state..

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 31, 2010 04:09AM

SHOOT SHOVEL SHUTUP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Fido ()
Date: August 31, 2010 06:45AM

Just cut a hole in their fence and let the dog out. That will solve it.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 31, 2010 09:50AM

Hopefully you don't get caught cutting the hole,
because they might cut your throat and let your blood out.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: robonscanner1 ()
Date: September 01, 2010 09:41AM

call the police. they took my dog away for been so loud.
it was put to sleap a week later.

shit happens. keep on calling.

Posted by: Fido ()
Date: September 01, 2010 10:15AM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Hopefully you don't get caught cutting the hole,
> because they might cut your throat and let your
> blood out.
>
>
>
> .

Doubtful.

Posted by: Vick ()
Date: September 02, 2010 01:10AM

you freaking mike vick that dog... take it out by the shed and put two to the skull

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: September 06, 2010 09:10PM

ok...threw some choc over the fence...problem continues...maybe I shoulda used
Godiva instead of Hersheys???

Posted by: Brian ()
Date: September 07, 2010 11:52AM

Just get the iPhone app - we're in Fairfax, don't pretend you don't have at least one.

Date: September 08, 2010 09:56AM

robonscanner1 Wrote:
> call the police. they took my dog away for been so
> loud.
> it was put to sleap a week later.
>
> shit happens. keep on calling.

Dude. really? you can't spell sleep correctly?

Posted by: Don ()
Date: November 15, 2010 12:35PM

Dogs bark. People complain. Fenced in dogs are very protective of their territory. I have a neighbor who complains when my dogs bark. I canvassed the neighborhood and found out that he is the only one who complains. Maybe its because he does not have a life. He lives alone in a three bedroom house. Some of my neighbors seem to think that my dogs have prevented several burgalries in the neighborhood, So let barking dogs bark.

Posted by: robo arm ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:04PM

Shotgun, old yeller style lol.

Posted by: TheHumorroid ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:58PM

I would wait for them to leave for work and just bark at them while they pull out of their driveway.

Check out my blog at www.thehumorroid.com

Posted by: dogSTFU ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:03PM

Don Wrote:
> Dogs bark. People complain. Fenced in dogs are
> very protective of their territory. I have a
> neighbor who complains when my dogs bark. I
> canvassed the neighborhood and found out that he
> is the only one who complains. Maybe its because
> he does not have a life. He lives alone in a
> three bedroom house. Some of my neighbors seem to
> think that my dogs have prevented several
> burgalries in the neighborhood, So let barking
> dogs bark.

Typical response from an inconsiderate YUPPIE. Why don't you abide by the County's noise ordinance? Guess what? Your neighbors don't like being subjected to your dog's barking. If they can be heard across your property line you are violating the LAW. Anybody who's tired of inconsiderate neighbors and their barking dogs just call FFxCoPD non emergency (703-691-2131). They will take care of the problem.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:14PM

One word answer... Antifreeze

Date: November 15, 2010 11:26PM

Priapus Wrote:
> One word answer... Antifreeze

Wait until the owner finds out who did it. Two words: "Enhanced interrogation".

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 11:26PM by ThePackLeader.

Date: November 15, 2010 11:45PM

One word; MASTURBATION.

It's a cure-all.

Posted by: Local ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:43PM

Neighbor's dog barking? Call the cops. Just be aware that for them to do anything, they have to actually hear the dog barking. Then they will advise the owner that they are violating the noise ordinances and need to keep their animals quiet during the night hours. Essentially a warning.

SECOND offense: Call the cops. When they hear the dog barking again, they talk to the owner and I believe are given a ticket. I.E. A fine.

THIRD Offense: (This is my favorite) Call the cops. When the cops hear the dog barking on the third offense, the owner of the animal gets a free trip to jail.

This from the local Fairfax COunty Police officer in my precinct station.

Posted by: Hate Yappy Dogs ()
Date: November 19, 2010 01:46AM

Local Wrote:
>
> Then they will
> advise the owner that they are violating the noise
> ordinances and need to keep their animals quiet
> during the night hours.
>

The noise ordinance applies to barking dogs at ALL times. You can't play your stereos between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 108-5-1. - Loud and unnecessary noise.

It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue to make, or cause to be made or continued, a noise disturbance within the County of Fairfax.

(7-17-68, § 17-4; 24-75-16A; 1961 Code, § 16A.5.1.)

Section 108-5-2. - Specific prohibitions.

The following acts, are declared to be noise disturbances in violation of this Chapter, provided that the acts so specified shall not be deemed to be an exclusive enumeration of those acts which may constitute a noise disturbance under Section 108-5-1, and provided that the acts so specified in Subparagraph (a) below may still constitute a noise disturbance under Section 108-5-1 independently of the hours of day said acts take place.

(a)

Operating or permitting the use, or operation of any radio receiving set, musical instrument, television, phonograph, or any other device for the production of sound between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. the following day in such a manner as to be plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two persons within a building or plainly audible at fifty (50) feet from such device when operated within a motor vehicle parked on a public right-of-way or in a public place.

(b)

Owning, keeping, possessing, or harboring any animal or animals which frequently or habitually howl, bark, meow, squawk or make such other noise as is plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two (2) persons within a building.

(24-75-16A; 1961 Code, § 16A.5.2; 34-76-108.)

Posted by: .anonymous ()
Date: November 19, 2010 02:03AM

Don Wrote:
> So let barking
> dogs bark.

By all means Pamela Preston let your dogs bark. Pay particular attention to local's post.

And why don't you tell Fairfax Underground how you found this thread ;)

Don Wrote:
>
> burgalries
>

And learn to spell.

Posted by: Annoyed ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:17PM

I have an annoying neighbor, in a townhouse community, where virtually all house have dogs. Anytime my dog barks he writes a nasty email. He never does anything in the community and nobody likes him. I have already agreed to not have my dog out before 10am on weekends or after 9 pm. I have abided by these and if my dog barks other times, I bring him in within about 10 minutes. How can I get him off my back and have him stop harassing me? My other neighbors say they can't hear my dog and have no problem with him. CAn I quote something so he will leave us alone?

Posted by: Ryno78 ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:39PM

Place a bowl of anti-freeze in the backyard. No more doggie

Posted by: annoyed ()
Date: January 25, 2011 09:44PM

I think you mean put anti-freeaze in neighbors bowl, then no more neighbor. We want the dog, not the neighbor

Posted by: * townhomes should not have dogs ()
Date: January 25, 2011 10:00PM

Townhome owners SHOULD not be allowed to have dogs. STFU you loser. If you love your dog you would move into a home with a REAL yard.

You are at work ALL DAY and you live in a townhome? I hope ypu never have kids.

We had friends who had a great dog. They then had a child and the dog was put to sleep. NICE!
Plus I think they go to MCBC. Rot in hell.

PS I love my kids and my dog.

Posted by: HRW ()
Date: January 26, 2011 12:29AM

At least you don't have fuckin foxes in your backyard chasing each other and howling/barking all day. Seriously sounds like a chick getting raped repeatedly.

Posted by: Bad Neighbor ()
Date: January 26, 2011 07:08AM

Annoyed Wrote:
> ...if my dog barks other times, I bring him in within about 10 minutes...

That's the problem right there.

Posted by: 2012OhNoes ()
Date: January 31, 2011 06:55PM

live in westlawn?!? south falls church?
get your Vietnamese neighbors to help, but dont eat the soup they give you after wards.....

Posted by: daleisan00b ()
Date: January 31, 2011 07:00PM

go cut its balls off

Posted by: t ()
Date: February 03, 2011 07:58PM

And there are those neighbors who say a dog is barking just because they are trying to cause trouble when the dogs are not barking. It is also illegal to put anything in someones yard that is going to kill their dog. You obviously have never had a dog, if you had you would not be so heartless. I agree that a person should be responsible and make sure their dog is not causing a problem for the neighbors but it is not always the dog that is causing the problem. It is often a jerky neighbor trying to use the police to get revenge on another neighbor. People need to learn to live in a community together or move out to the country.

Posted by: NiggerJones ()
Date: February 03, 2011 10:22PM

Throw a slice of meat drenched in poison on their yard. They would be wise not to have another animal.

Posted by: Victoria ()
Date: February 04, 2011 06:58PM

OK I have a neighbor that complains about my dogs barking. I bring them in as soon as I hear them bark. Usually they bark at deer.Or if his kids are near my fence. They are inside when I am at work or away from the house. We live in a suburb in Vienna. Dogs barking, screaming kids, and lawn mowers are part of the price you pay for living in a dense area. If they do not want to hear ANY noise--they should move farther out. I am a responsible dog owner, I bring my dogs in if they bark, they do not poop outside our yard, we clean up in our yard, and this guy HUNTS with his kids right in our faces. He kills deer etc. He is always walking around in the morning or night--with night vision goggles hunting. He wears hunting clothes, and has a bunch of deer stands and hunting hiding tents. And he tells me to not have my dogs bark? ANd he throws snowballs and rocks at my dogs---and he wonders why they bark? And there are no laws in Fairfax County about how close he can hunt. We have TONS of kids and residents who walk and play in the area. Hunting like a freak in the woods should be illegal here. He hunts near a huge walking path and a pond.

Posted by: Ricola ()
Date: February 04, 2011 07:13PM

You can make a noise complaint, esp. if the dogs are loud at night. The police knocking on the door might get the message across. You tried to be nice and tell them - maybe a visit from a police officer and perhaps a fine will reenforce the message.

Posted by: Rifle ()
Date: February 05, 2011 11:41AM

shoot it

Posted by: Jim Elmore ()
Date: December 09, 2011 04:01PM

108-5-1 That is the number of the Fairfax County Ordinance that may help you although I recognize your plea was years ago. Maybe it will help someone else. I am going through a similar issue.

Step 1. Call police as often as necessary for them to hear the dog.
Step 2. Keep calling-- as repeated violations within a certain time period will result in jail time.

BTW, noise violations are the means and it's a 24/7 period.

Posted by: ban dogs, or Dogs go back to nature ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:06PM

Why the hel* people keep dogs at home in bed and even do ... ? dogs shold be liberated and given thier freedom so that they are independent, let them vote or if they don't know what is voting then let the entire America vote at the same time when we vote for a president - every four years. I strongly beleive that keeping dogs by human being and confine them at homes for human being's selfish needs are too inhumane and all dog owners should be centenced to jail.

And don't enslave dogs for any reason, let them run around in Yellow Stone national Park, or Nevada Desert, or in National Mall of Wash D.C. or what ever but not to own them - you have no right to own lives of others.

Posted by: wondergir1 ()
Date: March 01, 2012 03:49PM

We had neighbors that had 5 or 6 barking yapping dogs in a townhouse next door. Call and keep call the county about the noise ordinance law. Persistence is the key. And btw the noise ordinance law in the county is not just about what time of day but if at ANY time they make noise that disturbs you in your own house you can call. It will take a while but you must take notes and just be consistently calling about it. And never lose your temper or yell, you must be the calm party.

Good Luck!

Posted by: gg6 ()
Date: March 01, 2012 06:57PM

Send them a letter in writing explaining your complaints. It sounds like the dogs are bored or lonely. Suggest they walk the dogs for more excersize or hire dog walkers. An exercised dog is usually relaxed and calm. Don't do anything hurtful to the dogs it is the owners that are accountable. Be reasonable in your expectations. Dogs do bark on occasion so if that is what is happening and you simply want 100%to quiet then maybe you should move to a home with acreage.

Posted by: Angry mutha banger ()
Date: March 03, 2012 03:18PM

Screw the politically correct liberals on this thread. Use a Dixie cup of antifreeze and the offendinging canine will shake his ass into the the next world. Just collect said cup.

Next, pistol whip the pussy that complains about this obvious solution.

Posted by: answer to your question ()
Date: March 03, 2012 03:51PM

I see these people are foreigners, so you may want to give them a pass, if they were americants yuppies I'd go into the house and kill anything that walked, crawled, limped or otherwise had any signs of life, masters and pets alike. Than wear their head as a hat, go ahead it'll be fun.

Posted by: drop this on them ()
Date: March 03, 2012 04:34PM

I took my dog to Kosmo the black lab hypnotist. Barking problem cured in one session.
Attachments:
425555_10150595495793602_520548601_8994584_1410038640_n.jpg

Posted by: to angry mutha ()
Date: March 04, 2012 12:12AM

Hey angry mutha poster....someone should slip some anti-freeze into YOUR Wheaties!!! Angry no more!

Posted by: Weird dog walkers ()
Date: March 04, 2012 12:12AM

I live in BMG. This lady walks her two dogs and when they growl she blames my little dog who will sit and watch her. This is a wide street. The lady gets mad when I tell my dog to sit and her dogs bark. She is a freak. She needs a lesson on saying hello moving along .I ran around the corner the last time a saw her.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.