HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected by Fairfax police?
Posted by: spunky2 ()
Date: October 01, 2008 03:01AM

When I reported on a large banking facility in Vienna, I discovered they had their own township and police dept., along with Falls Church, and they are out of Fairfax counties' jurisdiction.

To ask Barney Fife to investigate wrong doing on a large business, who may or may not be partly responsible for paying Barney's salary seems like a conflict of interest.

This bus. wrote off 40 million in bad debt, when I reported it to the Fairfax CI unit, I was told, "that's not alot of money for a large credit union."

If it wasn't I wonder why people were fired because of it?

At the same time a man was found dead in the supply room, from a apparent suicide. I was told he was found hanging from a rope. No investigation, in fact, he was reported as having had a heart attack, case closed. Most anyone you ask there either knows about it or has heard about it, but no one reported it.

I reported it to the Secret Service and was told, "Dead is dead!"

I have noticed that their last several annual reports have been reviewed by Price Waterhouse, where that was never the case before. Thank goodness someone had the good sense to take a close look at a potential problem.

FYI: This was my 4th time working at this place and this time I saw my supervisor have her life threatened, her employee threatened to slash her throat. Management did nothing, I was threatened in the say way, so I reported it to HR. I was put on paid leave for a month then fired. My attorney said I couldn't do anything because I wasn't part of a union. The only reason given for the firing that was true, was that I told this little gay Philipino, who was an active duty Air Force Capt., and working full-time now at this place too (odd), that he was full of shit, when he said the figure on top the Capital Building was a devil. This guy had been a real jerk for weeks through out training, and he had enjoyed harassing me. I knew as soon as I said it, I shouldn't have, and he wasted no time running to complain to management.

Under the circumstances I would do it all again, because he was a real JERK! Besides I had never been fired before.

Tell me how can somebody have an active duty government ID card, which he showed me and work full-time outside the military? He had worked with MBA prior to their going out of business. His ID card wasn't National guard, or Inactive, it was a green active ID card.

I guess my question is the above and the following: are these towns governed essentially by the same laws as through-out Fairfax county? I assume they are definately goverened by state law? What's the difference or benefit to being excluded from the county?

Yes, alot of this is venting.

In the wrong arena? Most likely, but venting all the same.

Accepting any tid bits of info you feel that might be useful, and any donations you feel you would like to contribute. Job offers are most welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected my Fairfax police?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 01, 2008 08:23AM

I think it all has something to do with the song "Helter Skelter".

Re: Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected my Fairfax police?
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 01, 2008 09:08AM

Spunky is cartman
Attachments:
1.jpg

Posted by: ** ()
Date: October 01, 2008 11:08AM

Navy Federal?

Posted by: Me ()
Date: October 01, 2008 11:50AM

Vienna is a town, in the County of Fairfax. Fairfax County Police have concurrent jurisdiction in the town, but because the town has their own police force, Fairfax generally stays out. I believe that because they are a part of Fairfax, Fairfax laws are in force here, and should be enforced by Vienna PD.

If you have a problem with something in Vienna, you should go to Vienna PD. If you don't get satisfaction, you are then able to go to Fairfax PD, and up to State PD if you really want to.

Falls Church, however, is an independent city. It is separate from Fairfax and Arlington counties, therefore Fairfax and Arlington police have no jurisdiction within the City of Falls Church and Arlington and Fairfax laws hold no weight in the City of Falls Church. (Note that the Independent City of Falls Church is only about 2 square miles, with a 22046 zip code. The area surrounding the city is also known as Falls Church, but is officially located in Fairfax County, and covered by Fairfax PD and laws.)

Date: October 01, 2008 10:59PM

The purpose for this, other then being different I suppose would be revenue and control of their jurisdiction?

Your thoughts?

Re: Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected by Fairfax police?
Posted by: strates ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:58AM

On the military guy, if he showed you a green id card, it's expired, we haven't used green id card's for 5 years.

Re: Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected by Fairfax police?
Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: October 02, 2008 06:40AM

If you are talking about Navy Federal, there is a whole lot of weirdness that goes on around there. I worked there 20 years ago, and it was shady back then. I have friends who have worked there since, and the stories they tell are crazy.

Glad to hear the PwC is reviewing their books, however, that doesn't mean that we'll hear how the audit turned out. What usually happens is that PwC finds problems, then they persuade the client to hire their consultants to "fix" said problems, and most of it never sees the light of day.

Posted by: Fxx242 ()
Date: October 02, 2008 11:48PM

Being that my sister is a Fairfax County Police officer...all the small towns within the County all send their police officers to the Fairfax County Justice Dept. So while they all wear different uniforms they were all trained the same.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 03, 2008 03:09AM

** Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Navy Federal?

That's the only credit union operating in the town of Vienna.

I have my issues with them, too, since they have started advertising on TV and accepting members who wouldn't qualify according to their original charter, but I doubt spunky2's issues have anything to do with reality.

I worked there for 18 months while I was in college. Admiral Hughes didn't hang people in the underground garage, or any of that shit, while I was there.

Apparently spunky2 is working at the parallel universe NFCU.

Date: October 03, 2008 03:11AM

Fxx242 Wrote:
> Being that my sister is a Fairfax County Police
> officer...all the small towns within the County
> all send their police officers to the Fairfax
> County Justice Dept. So while they all wear
> different uniforms they were all trained the same.

Vienna cops take the people they arrest to Fairfax County Jail. They are tried in Fairfax County General District Court.

Unlike Fairfax City, where they have their own court, a few blocks away from FFX GEN DIST CT.

SO yeah, Vienna, as a town, maintains it's own police department, but they enforce the same laws and operate in the same judicial system as the county police.

Date: October 03, 2008 03:15AM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> If you are talking about Navy Federal, there is a
> whole lot of weirdness that goes on around there.
> I worked there 20 years ago, and it was shady back
> then. I have friends who have worked there since,
> and the stories they tell are crazy.
>
> Glad to hear the PwC is reviewing their books,
> however, that doesn't mean that we'll hear how the
> audit turned out. What usually happens is that PwC
> finds problems, then they persuade the client to
> hire their consultants to "fix" said problems, and
> most of it never sees the light of day.

The only "crazy" stuff going on is that NFCU owns all the buildings off of electric ave, surrounding the NFCU Headquarters, and most of those buildings are rented by intelligence services.

There's no crazy stuff going on at NFCU.

Well, I do have my issues with NFCU suddenly marketing themselves outside their membership charter, and being a little bit too cozy with credit collectors, but otherwise, they are still a non-profit organization (at least in name and government recognition) that generally serves their members.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 03, 2008 03:39AM

Bob, Vienna has their own court also, sorta, in the town hall once a week. I once had to go. Looked mostly like local traffic and misd., but there was in fact a session of court for the town of vienna. A judge I have had a few times in Fairfax county presided; those town courts usually rotate in Fairfax County judges.

It's still a fairfax court, just saying it operates on a similar principle as the small ones you mentioned. See below:

Fairfax County General District Court judges hear cases in three additional courthouses for the City of Fairfax and the Towns of Herndon and Vienna. Only traffic and criminal misdemeanors and infractions are heard at these courthouses; all civil cases are heard at the Fairfax County Courthouse. Felonies and misdemeanors charged under the State Code are heard at the Fairfax County Courthouse also. The City of Fairfax has its own court clerical office, while the Towns of Herndon and Vienna are staffed by clerks who travel from Fairfax on days when court is scheduled only.

City of Fairfax - 10455 Armstrong Street, Room 101, Fairfax, Virginia 22030.

Phone: 703-385-7866, Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday

Court: Tuesdays and Thursday only, 9:30 a.m.

Town of Herndon- 765 Lynn Street, Herndon, Virginia 22070

Phone: 703-435-6838 in Herndon on Wednesdays only, 703-691-7320 in Fairfax for criminal cases or 703-246-3764 for traffic cases

Court: Wednesdays only, 9:30 a.m.
Town of Vienna- 127 S. Center Street, Vienna, Virginia 22180

Phone: 703-255-6312 in Vienna on Mondays only, 703-691-7320 in Fairfax for criminal cases or 703-246-3764 for traffic cases

Court: Mondays only, 9:30 a.m.

Date: October 03, 2008 03:44AM

Bob, NFCU, does their own collections, so obviously you once again do not have a clue about what you speak of.

Elliot (BOB) the CIA was in one of the buildings there even though it appeared empty for along time they maintained surveillance and security guards. Someone just drove onto the entrance to turn around and was immediately faced with police.

I am not out to convince you of anything, nor do I care. It is obvious you are jumping to unfounded conclusions, which says so much about you, or lack there of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2008 04:39AM by spunky2.

Date: October 03, 2008 03:57AM

Spunky2,

This is the second thread I've encountered you in.

I have to say, you really are messed up. I am not being nasty, or attacking you, I'm trying to be a friend. Maybe the government has been screwing with your mind, and what you have been saying is real, but they've messed with your mind enough to make you appear to be crazy.

You think you saw Mohammed Atta at a party at the Navy Yard. You believe someone was murdered at the NFCU headquarters. You think your ex-husband is behind all of this, or somehow involved. Even your Uncle who raped you as a child is involved.

I plead with you. Please get away from all of the things and people you think are out to get you, and then seek help. I'm not saying that what you have been telling us is not true, I'm saying that until you get yourself into some sort of treatment (because no matter if it is the chicken or the egg, no matter if you are crazy because of what you tell us, or if you are telling us this because you know things that people need to make you crazy to keep it a secret), you need to sort some stuff out, and once you sort it all out, you'll be better equipped to tell us these things, and you won't get ridiculed for it.

I'm serious. I'm not "elliot" and I'm not trying to make fun of you. Please, take my advice. I'm not one of those people who easily dismisses what most people call "conspiracy theories". I really do know that there are elements within our government who can sometimes do shady things. If you doubt me, google "Danny Casolaro" or "The Octopus" or "Inislaw" or "PROMIS". I was at Danny Casolaro's Brother Tony's house when they got the phone call that Danny had "suicided himnself" in a hotel room in West Virginia.

If you only knew me, Spunky2, you would understand. I am not trying to marginalize you, or make you seem crazy. I am trying to tell you that you already sound crazy, and if you want to be taken seriously, you need to figure out why you come across as crazy to someone who believes that Danny Casolaro was killed by some element within our government, and it was made to look like a suicide.

Oh shit, I'll do the googling for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro

I was at Tony Casolaro's home on Aug 11th, to pick up my girlfriend's friend so we could all go out to Georgetown to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, and while we were waiting, Tony's wife got the phone call from WV police that Danny was found dead in the bathtub of his hotel room, with 6 or 7 slashes in each of his wrists, each of which were down into the bone.

spunky2, I'm not making fun of you. I'm not attacking you. You came to this forum looking for people to believe you, to support you.

The only support I can give you is to tell you that you need to seek some sort of psychological support, and once you do that, you'll be better able to make your case about the claims you've been making.

You have already said that the government has been trying to make you look crazy. Have you ever considered that they might have made you crazy? I mean, that's what everyone who has seen your posts is thinking. Maybe you can't see it because you really have been driven crazy by whatever group needs you to keep quiet.

Please don't accuse me of being a radio personality again. You have got to know how crazy that sounds.

Posted by: Otis Campbell ()
Date: October 03, 2008 04:06AM

Oh shit! Not another soap opera..gimme a drink.

Date: October 03, 2008 04:10AM

spunky2 Wrote:
> Bob, NFCU, does their own collections, so
> obviously you once again do not have a clue about
> what you speak of.
>
> Elliot (BOB) the CIA was in one of the building
> there even though it appeared empty for along time
> they maintained surveillance and security guards.
> Someone just drove onto the entrance to turn
> around and was immediately faced with police.
>
> I am not out to convince you of anything, nor do I
> care. It is obvious you are jumping to unfounded
> conclusions, which says so much about you, or lack
> there of.

No shit, I am very familiar with the NFCU collections department. I defaulted on a Sharecheck Line of Credit a dozen year's back, and it was never handed off to a third-party collection agency (meaning, they never wrote it off and sold it to a third party collection agency).

I was talking about how they are more cooperative with third party collection agencies than they are with their "members" when a collection agency attempts to sue for garnishment. I had a business where a partner filed for bankruptcy, and one of his personal credit cards was sold out to a collection agency, and 10 years later (well beyond the statute of limitations) some shady credit collector filed a suit in Virginia Beach that he won because I wasn't aware of it and couldn't tell the judge "um, I am not the debtor, and I don't live in VA Beach, and besides, this debt is beyond the statute of limitations of the court", and that dirtbag credit collector sent the flawed court finding to Navy Federal, and they froze my 8,659.00 checking account and my $32,349.00 savings account. They had actually transferred not only the amount the debt collector claimed I owed for knowing someone with a discharged credit card debt, $9,000, but they also played a game with my line of credit, to max it out. They were basically playing "he's screwed because the court gave us carte blanche" until my lawyer came and fixed the situation. NFCU had even closed out my checking account and LOC and assessed penalties. They thought they could make some money off the guy that could be kicked while he was down.

I got all my money back, NFCU paid my finance charges and fees and even my lawyer's fees (3,200 bucks) and the dirtbag creditor had to give the money back to NFCU because I never owed the debt he bought for 1 cent on the dollar. My business partner discharged his debt through a bankruptcy in 1999, and I never was liable for that debt to begin with.

Date: October 03, 2008 01:04PM

Bob, I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about CIA -type of paranoid weirdness, I was talking about their business practices.

When I worked there (20 years back) their loan and information management systems were a mess. Record-keeping was inconsistent and sketchy. Missing paperwork was the norm. Members were always calling and complaining. One time, I was in the elevator, and part of the ceiling collapsed and member files came raining down on us (apparently someone didn't want to deal with the files and shoved them up into the ceiling to get rid of them.)

Then there were the underwriters and loan officers who applied loan risks and qualifications randomly, many times turning down members for loans based solely on the member's race.

Fast forward 20 years, and I hear from friends who have worked at NFCU that things are still screwed up.

Mrs. K

Date: October 03, 2008 01:10PM

FYI, Vienna has another credit union -- Northwest Federal. I have an account there.

Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: October 03, 2008 01:13PM

yes but the person who "hung" himself, that was at nfcu

Date: October 03, 2008 10:22PM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> Bob, I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. I
> wasn't talking about CIA -type of paranoid
> weirdness, I was talking about their business
> practices.
>
> When I worked there (20 years back) their loan and
> information management systems were a mess.
> Record-keeping was inconsistent and sketchy.
> Missing paperwork was the norm. Members were
> always calling and complaining. One time, I was in
> the elevator, and part of the ceiling collapsed
> and member files came raining down on us
> (apparently someone didn't want to deal with the
> files and shoved them up into the ceiling to get
> rid of them.)
>
> Then there were the underwriters and loan officers
> who applied loan risks and qualifications
> randomly, many times turning down members for
> loans based solely on the member's race.
>
> Fast forward 20 years, and I hear from friends who
> have worked at NFCU that things are still screwed
> up.
>
> Mrs. K

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you were talking about the same crazy as spunky2 was talking about. I was just using your words, because when I worked there, it wasn't crazy. Of course, I never encountered the things you described, but I worked at VHO, the HQ branch as a teller, and we had to be sharp and professional and everything we did was scrutinized. I'd get a write up if I was more than a nickel over or under at the end of the day, and all our paperwork had to be done in triplicate. I only really dealt with security, auditing and the ACH processing department. Perhaps some of the other departments did some screwed up slacker stuff, like you say. I guess I wouldn't be surprised, but I never saw it.

Date: October 04, 2008 01:18AM

Bob, (Elliot) who posts at all hours of the day and night, with friends like you who needs enemies, please spare me. You pretend to be surprised that you found me in this thread when I started it, are you really that stupid, or do you have to work at it everyday? And you accuse ME of being crazy...please, take a real good look at yourself, before you ever accuse anyone else of anything. Also consider you are working with a DEFICIT, big time.

It is so obvious I am underestimated by you, probably because I am a woman but more of a man then you'll ever be in your wildest dreams, yet not GAY!. Maybe one day you'll man-up, maybe not, but it's obvious to me that women are far stronger then men, especially after being in here. God knew it to, that's why we bear children. Men have led to the moral decay of our country, failure on Wall street, and the lack of respect of our government, because after all the majority of them sit in leadership positions.

Because you don't see something means it doesn't exist and you fault those who disagree and claim they are crazy for claimimg otherwise, well sir, that's a character flaw within yourself. It's called ignorance and arrogance, which afflicts the majority of men, especially as they approach middle age!

Mrs. K and angelus42776, seem to be in support of what I have said, yet you don't call them crazy, just me, aren't I special?

You are harassing me, just as Elliot has the reputation for doing as the bully he is, no brag, just facts. Some people can't deal in the truth, and you're one.

You repeated yourself about the story of who you knew that knew who when what happened to who...who cares? You put that in my Atta thread already, which is something Elliot likes to do, repeat himself, when he thinks it elevates him, even at the expense of someone who is dead already, a real sicko.

Unless you are trying to tell me something?

Face it, it doesn't matter what I say you have already decided I am crazy, and nothing will change that...I learned along time ago, you can't please everybody in this world, and I quit trying. To do the right thing is not always popular, but you would not know that.

You have proven you are quick to judge and rush to judgement only to be proven wrong, so you m'friend are in no position to give advice to anyone...your credibility is shot to pieces. But you continue to run your mouth and continue to look the fool that apparently you are, Elliot,.. or not.

Face it, I am not crazy. But if our country wants you to look crazy, it will happen...I never believed it till now. I never believed alot of things until now.
The funniest thing is I haven't shared half of what I know, and look at the reaction I get. If I were crazy, truly, I wouldn't have the courage to deal, I'ld be fragile, but I'm not. I've taken your WORD and I've given it right back, that takes someone who has it together, my bones are in my back, you need to look for yours, sonny! CRAZY fits you, not me and quit forcing it on me...it makes one wonder where your motivation comes from, and it's a theme you are ragging on, WHY? What's it to you? Am I bringin attention to this site? Is that what it is?
That should be a good thing, unless it's the wrong kind of attention, is that what it is? You aren't feeling comfortable with this kind of attention? Feeling uneasy? It comes across that way. Gee, think of how I feel. Oh, I'm sorry, empathy is not your strong suit, nor is it of a sociopath.

Chew on this:

A friend of mine is a CFO of a NASDAQ company, and would you believe he was kicked out of a military academy for cheating. Talked to him this week, and even though he denies it to this day, our hometown knows it, and it was in the local paper when it occurred. What's this world coming to when those who have so much to hide, turn on and accuse someone who doesn't of being Crazy? These days we talk about everything but the truth. In the Soviet Union, those who speak out against their government are accused of this very thing, being CRAZY, and they are institionalized and fed drugs to keep them quiet, is this where we are headed? I wouldn't be surprised. Everyday our liberties are being eroded away here in America, our forefathers would be shocked. What we have here is not what they intended, and "The People" know this, and have for sometime. There's an anger brewing in our country, and the heat was turned up today with the passing of the Bail-out, we're headed down the wrong path.

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: October 04, 2008 02:04PM

What makes you think Fairfax County is protected by Fairfax County Police?

The Police: when seconds matter, they are only minutes away...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 05, 2008 03:07AM

Frank Wrote:
> What makes you think Fairfax County is protected
> by Fairfax County Police?
>
> The Police: when seconds matter, they are only
> minutes away...

I am not sure what you are trying to say here, could you please fill in the blanks? I am not that smart...

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: October 06, 2008 04:04PM

I mean that Police, by and large, clean up after and investigate crimes. And punish the criminals if they are effective (the police, not the criminals) and/or lucky.

What they really don't do a lot of - except by locking up repeat offenders - is "protect". If a criminal is breaking into your house, don't count on the police being able to get there in time to protect you.

If you want protection, get a big dog with sharp teeth or a shotgun. Or both.

Date: October 08, 2008 09:33PM

angelus42774 Wrote:
> yes but the person who "hung" himself, that was at
> nfcu

Do you know for sure that "HE" hung himself?

Date: October 22, 2008 12:43AM

Bob Wrote:
> ** Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Navy Federal?
>
>
> That's the only credit union operating in the town
> of Vienna.
>
> I have my issues with them, too, since they have
> started advertising on TV and accepting members
> who wouldn't qualify according to their original
> charter, but I doubt spunky2's issues have
> anything to do with reality.
>

Let me ask you, why do you think they started advertising on TV?

They never needed to before.

You are right, it does go against their field of membership as a credit union to allow all DOD personnel as members. Pentagon Fed. for years up until recently opened accounts for Air Force and Army, while Navy Fed was for Navy and Marine Corps.

At this point I have discovered you can get an account with almost any credit union you want, just like a BANK.

> I worked there for 18 months while I was in
> college. Admiral Hughes didn't hang people in the
> underground garage, or any of that shit, while I
> was there.

Of course not he was a figure head.
>
> Apparently spunky2 is working at the parallel
> universe NFCU.

Some people can't see even with their eyes open.

Date: October 22, 2008 01:16AM

spunky Wrote:

> >
>
> Let me ask you, why do you think they started
> advertising on TV?
>
> They never needed to before.
>
> You are right, it does go against their field of
> membership as a credit union to allow all DOD
> personnel as members. Pentagon Fed. for years up
> until recently opened accounts for Air Force and
> Army, while Navy Fed was for Navy and Marine
> Corps.
>

I'll agree with you on that. When I worked there, there were loopholes that allowed civilian employees on Marine Corps or Navy bases to get membership, and stuff like that, but they were very narrow and strict loopholes.

Now, if you know someone or met someone or heard of someone who has an NFCU account, you qualify.

And yes, the advertising is just because the board has figured out that they can, as a non-profit, find ways to pay themselves and their friends with all the money that would otherwise be profit, and build a powerful banking business at the same time.

Just imagine if JP Morgan or Bill Gates had figured out a way to get a tax-free "non-profit" status for their businesses. How nice that would be, for them.

Date: October 24, 2008 05:55PM

Bob, are you saying they are pocketing profits from advertising?

Date: October 26, 2008 10:02PM

So, if I have this correct then Vienna, Fairfax City, Falls Church and Herndon all have their own police force?

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: October 26, 2008 10:06PM

you are really becoming more annoying everyday!! Give it a break already

Date: October 26, 2008 10:48PM

Only to the Elliot groupies, and I don't care about them or him, understand?

Unless...you want to control this forum....and I guess I don't care about that either!

I actually have a thirst for knowledge, which I am sure is very hard for you to grasp!

Date: October 26, 2008 11:27PM

This might help you
Attachments:
69033.jpg

Date: October 26, 2008 11:56PM

Margie, YOU are a rip in the pants!

What makes you think I am after anymore attention then you are?

I just have something to say that's interesting and you don't!

I believe I "PWNED" you! But I am not into that immature "WORD".

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:14AM

spunky Wrote:
>
> What makes you think I am after anymore attention
> then you are?

Well, in the last 23 days Margie has posted 21 times. You have posted 108 times in the same time frame.

Date: October 27, 2008 12:23AM

Genevieve Wrote:
> spunky Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > What makes you think I am after anymore
> attention
> > then you are?
>
> Well, in the last 23 days Margie has posted 21
> times. You have posted 108 times in the same time
> frame.

and I repeat:

I just have something to say that's interesting and you don't!

Where did you come up with the magic number of "23", you just pulled it outta of your TINFOIL HAT?

Blow it outcha your shorts!

Date: October 27, 2008 03:53AM

spunky Wrote:
> Bob, are you saying they are pocketing profits
> from advertising?

They are not pocketing profits FROM advertising, but since they don't get taxed on profits since they are technically a "not-for-profit", they can pay the top employees with what would otherwise be profit in a profit enterprise. They are using advertising to increase membership, and thus, revenue, and being a non-profit that doesn't have to pay taxes or dividends, that money has to go somewhere.

Average employees aren't getting paid more, but the top executives and board members are certainly raking in high 7 figure, maybe even 8 figure salaries.

Heck, even when I was there and they were still a rather tame and legit credit union, Admiral Hughes had his own 140 foot yacht. I am quite certain his Navy pension wasn't enough to pay for a 50 million dollar boat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 04:02AM by Bob.

Date: October 27, 2008 04:17AM

I forgot to add...

If I am ever worth enough money to make it worth my while, I'm going to hire a room full of lawyers, accountants and MBAs and I'll set up a charitable foundation.

It will do just enough charitable work to qualify for non-profit status, and spend less than I would lose in taxes as an average citizen. That way I can pay myself to be its director, and end up with more money than if I invested the money and paid taxes on it. Plus, when I die, my heirs can just become employees or directors, avoiding inheritance taxes, and so forth.

Not to mention, one of the things I can use the money that would otherwise go to taxes is to advertise for donations from common citizens, and I can take a large portion of their donations to increase what I pay myself and my staff.

The Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie, et al, method.

Date: October 27, 2008 03:37PM

spunky wrote:
>>> "I believe I "PWNED" you! But I am not into that immature "WORD"."

hmmm...ok... So over the past 2 days you've matured? You sure are "interesting".

Re: Did ya know?
Date: October 24, 2008 06:13PM

Snap...pwned...whatever! In your face!

You been Spunked! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!

Re: Why does FCPD allow illegals to gather along Little River Turnpike in Annandale for work? new
Date: October 23, 2008 05:44PM
FYI, I AM NATIVE AMERICAN AND YOU AREN'T, SO YOU LEAVE, I BELIEVE YOU JUST PWNED!!
**********************************************************************************

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 03:37PM by Margie.

Date: October 27, 2008 03:51PM

Sounds like a nice plan, one you have been giving some thought to.

I thought the whole idea of generating funds in a non-profit institution, like a credit union, was to establish enough funds on account within that institution which enables you to offer better then bank rates on loans and investments. But in this situation these funds may also be needed to set-off some years of above normal write-offs of bad-debt? Or, maybe they invested in some bad investments on Wall street, after all their board is only made up of active and retired personnel, what do they know about running the largest credit union in the world? I don't know if the CEO even ran a ship? It's all in who you know not what you know and that's bad business, for any business!

Date: December 12, 2008 07:27PM

In the quarterly newsletter of NFCU, they stated that after having their books audited by Price Waterhouse they now have an "unqualified "clean" audit", by question, what does that mean? Price Waterhouse just started within the last couple of years with the audits and the first ones weren't good. They were "qualified audits", whatever that means.

Anyone understand this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 07:32PM by spunky.

Posted by: Bounce House ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:21PM

In accounting parlance, an unqualified opinion is a good thing, meaning the opinion is not limited by, or "qualified" by, any limitations in the audit scope, departures from generally accepted accounting procedures, etc.

Posted by: Wahhhh ()
Date: December 15, 2008 03:42PM

Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county that aren't protected by Fairfax police?

Seems straight forward to me: they are incorporated areas, so they have their own police force. Same reason why Fairfax County does police Fairfax City.

Posted by: Van Camper ()
Date: December 15, 2008 03:59PM

Attachments:
fluffy.jpg

Date: December 15, 2008 11:45PM

Bounce House Wrote:
> In accounting parlance, an unqualified opinion is
> a good thing, meaning the opinion is not limited
> by, or "qualified" by, any limitations in the
> audit scope, departures from generally accepted
> accounting procedures, etc.

But why would they say, "unqualified", unless it's been qualified
in the past. Because most audits don't state such, unless it's been
qualified in the past.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: December 16, 2008 09:59AM

Wahhhh Wrote:
> Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county
> that aren't protected by Fairfax police?
>
> Seems straight forward to me: they are
> incorporated areas, so they have their own police
> force. Same reason why Fairfax County does police
> Fairfax City.

Well, I'm guessing the FFX County police can just cruise around in Herndon and Vienna and still have power, since Herndon and Vienna are still part of Fairfax County. I'm assuming Clifton doesn't get to have a town police.

I'm not sure about the rules governing how County police can act in Falls Church and Fairfax City since those are 100% separate jurisdictions.

Date: December 16, 2008 09:37PM

formerhick76 Wrote:
> Wahhhh Wrote:
> -----
> > Why are there 2 towns/cities in Fairfax county
> > that aren't protected by Fairfax police?
> >
> > Seems straight forward to me: they are
> > incorporated areas, so they have their own
> police
> > force. Same reason why Fairfax County does
> police
> > Fairfax City.
>
> Well, I'm guessing the FFX County police can just
> cruise around in Herndon and Vienna and still have
> power, since Herndon and Vienna are still part of
> Fairfax County. I'm assuming Clifton doesn't get
> to have a town police.
>
> I'm not sure about the rules governing how County
> police can act in Falls Church and Fairfax City
> since those are 100% separate jurisdictions.

Good try Fhick, but Fairfax County said Vienna takes care of their
own issues, even though Vienna is part if the county.

Posted by: PresaCanario ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:23AM

Police don't "protect" anyone. Nor are they required to according to the SCOTUS.

They respond to calls.

It is up to each individual to protect themselves.

Date: December 17, 2008 01:43AM

PresaCanario Wrote:
> Police don't "protect" anyone. Nor are they
> required to according to the SCOTUS.
>
> They respond to calls.
>
> It is up to each individual to protect themselves.

Yes, then if I start building up an arsenal to protect myself and family, then their in my business, yes? So, where's the fine line? We also need the same laws Texas has now.

Date: December 17, 2008 01:48AM

PresaCanario Wrote:
> Police don't "protect" anyone. Nor are they
> required to according to the SCOTUS.
>
> They respond to calls.
>
> It is up to each individual to protect themselves.

Not necassarily, the more money and power you have the more everything you get, justice and protection. Did you just arrive to this planet and only complete the book learning, man do you have some catchin' up to do! Can you hear me now?

Can you hear me now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 01:50AM by spunky.

Date: February 12, 2009 09:03PM

FYI...in all the years NFCU has been doing business they had always distributed free pocket calendars at the first of each year, until this year.

Just this past year they for the first time in their history started advertising on TV, radio and etc., in order to drum up new business. On top of that they also expanded their field of membership to all DOD. Given their expansion efforts they still weren't in a financial position to continue business as usual.

I think it's a disgrace to mislead the public, especially the military. NFCU has been investing with Fannie and Mac, amoung other failed agencies.

Consider yourself now warned.

Date: February 24, 2009 08:55PM

Well, I guess since no one responded my default I was right, again. Well, guess what NFCU, as of today is doing nothing to assist or cooperate with it's military members to keep those members in their homes. The CEO has not put the word out to assist in anyway, or any differently, those needing help. Does this sound like an institution supporting the military for the military? It looks like a credit union in trouble, but doesn't want to look like it.

I guess once again I don't know what I am talking about? Like the tainted water supply, polluted Bay, suicidal teens, US Army's chemicals gone amuck and etc.

Date: February 24, 2009 09:45PM

where ya been pyscho?

Date: February 28, 2009 05:27PM

496 Wrote:
> where ya been pyscho?

What's it to you?

Date: March 09, 2009 10:13PM

Get this, today I went to NFCU and was greeted by an employee handing out flyers requiring everyone entering to remove all hats, hoods and sunglasses before entering. Has anyone encountered this at their financial institution?

I heard they were robbed but that was several months ago and I haven't noticed an unusual rise in bank robberies, despite the economy.

Date: March 09, 2009 10:35PM

I think they meant tinfoil hats, looneytunes.....

Date: March 10, 2009 12:02AM

496 Wrote:
> I think they meant tinfoil hats, looneytunes.....

YOU, THINK? Ha! Ha! Ha!

496 you are 86'd

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.