HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Knifepoint Sexual Assault of Woman Shatters Neighborhood's Peace
Posted by: NOVA_Resident ()
Date: August 08, 2008 09:30PM

A 21-year-old woman was sexually assaulted at knifepoint in her Centreville home early Friday, police said, shattering the neighborhood's sense of security.

The victim told investigators she awoke about 2 a.m. Friday to find an intruder int he bedroom of her home in the 1400 block of Illuminati Way in Centreville. The man threatened her with a knife and assaulted her.

The victim was treated at a local hospital for undisclosed, non-life-threatening injuries.

The assailant fled after the attack. Police believe he gained access to the home through an unlocked door. Many neighbors say it's not uncommon for people to leave doors and windows unsecured.

Nick Rodriguez, a neighbor of the victim, admits to leaving his doors unlocked.

"We did until -- we started locking our doors, today," he said. "It's scary. These townhomes have only been up for two years and it's a quiet place."

The victim's landlord also says he doesn't "feel safe anymore."

The landlord, who didn't want to be identified, said the victim and her boyfriend recently moved to the United States from Russia to work.

The victim was treated at a local hospital for undisclosed, non-life-threatening injuries.

Police are asking anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477 or by e-mail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Knifepoint Sexual Assault of Woman Shatters Neighborhood's Peace
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 08, 2008 10:09PM

The faircrest? Thats not a peaceful neighborhood. Whoever wrote that BS?

Posted by: RamblinRamboRedneck ()
Date: August 08, 2008 11:26PM

Left your doors unlocked? Dumb! No security system or dog? Dumb!
No firearms to defend yourself? Dumb! CCW and Open Carry rules!!!
This woman needs to pull her head out of her ass an get wise
to where she lives. Utopia? No! Middleburg? No! Keep dreaming.

Posted by: no kitchen ()
Date: August 09, 2008 12:15AM

Yeah who the fuck keeps their door unlocked in a metropolitan area..??

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: August 09, 2008 11:13AM

Wow. That's freaking scary. I have to agree about the door not being locked thing. That's just stupid. Where the heck is Illuminati way? I can't find it on the map.

I would recommend that everyone not only lock their door, but lock their bedroom door as well. I had someone break into my house once by cutting the glass on a window, popping out a piece and then flipping the latch to get in. I didn't hear anything and it was a single level home. I only realized they were in my house when they tried to open my locked (keyed - they only cost about $15 and are much better than the ones that came with your house. They take like 5 mins to install) bedroom door. The last thing you ever want to do is wake up with someone standing over you.

If you have a multi level home, you really should do this or get a very good security system.

Date: August 09, 2008 11:22AM

RamblinRamboRedneck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Left your doors unlocked? Dumb! No security system
> or dog? Dumb!
> No firearms to defend yourself? Dumb! CCW and Open
> Carry rules!!!
> This woman needs to pull her head out of her ass
> an get wise
> to where she lives. Utopia? No! Middleburg? No!
> Keep dreaming.

Of course, she was a Russian citizen....so she probably wasn't quite up on the gun laws.

Date: August 09, 2008 11:23AM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The faircrest? Thats not a peaceful neighborhood.
> Whoever wrote that BS?

Actually, the ABC7 video shows they are on O'day drive and Illuminati (odd name for a street...?). I think this is basically so new it's not on Google Maps yet. It looks like it's right at O'Day and 29...Which is really London Towne.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2008 11:26AM by trogdor!.

Posted by: 1amishman ()
Date: August 10, 2008 08:30AM

No. This was not in London Towne... There is Stone Road and another development between LT and where this happened. This is across from the new Centerlee Business Park.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:09PM

ITs still London Towne in my book, which makes it even more BS about a peaceful neighborhood. That place has had a reputation for years as being the Centreville ghetto area. West Centreville- that is, west of rt 28, hs a bad reputation. THe faricrest is still earning its bad reputation due to being so new.

Posted by: 1amishman ()
Date: August 10, 2008 02:31PM

Doesn't the fact that residents of this area have not been afraid to leave their houses unlocked and leave their garage doors open speak volumes as to how badly ill-informed you are about how "ghetto-like" this area is? West Centreville is a much nicer area than east Centreville - only a non-resident would not realize that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.