HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
5 Inches of Snow Expected Tomorrow- FFX County Just Announced Closed Thurs\Friday [Lies!]
Posted by: Shanty ()
Date: January 16, 2013 10:26AM

Here's the link -http://www.fcps.edu/index.shtml/closing-01-16-2012-announcement

Wohoo!

edit by Cary (the admin): Cute, but misinformation will not be tolerated in Fairfax General. Please do not purposefully spread misinformation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 03:42PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5 Inches of Snow Expected Tomorrow- FFX County Just Announced Closed Thurs\Friday
Posted by: Get a life ()
Date: January 16, 2013 10:29AM

Ass

Re: 5 Inches of Snow Expected Tomorrow- FFX County Just Announced Closed Thurs\Friday
Posted by: WeatherMan ()
Date: January 16, 2013 10:36AM

Whoa!
Attachments:
Stormsnow.png

Posted by: Goverment Mule ()
Date: January 16, 2013 10:37AM

The goverment will be closing early today due to the rain & will be closed on Thur & Fri due to snow sticking to the roads and as we don't drive in the snow and you will be off monday also...

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:15AM

Too Bad that Snow Accumulation Map is from 2011!

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:20AM

1-3 inches

Posted by: fcps update ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:26AM

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: January 16, 2013 12:07PM

not yet...
Attachments:
notyet.jpg

Posted by: Oh Yea ()
Date: January 16, 2013 12:30PM

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...POSSIBLY HEAVY AT TIMES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...IN EXCESS OF 5 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* TIMING...SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN AT THE ONSET...ESPECIALLY SOUTH OF WASHINGTON DC THURSDAY MORNING...BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL SNOW LATE THURSDAY MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL END THURSDAY NIGHT. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.

* IMPACTS...ROADS MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED...ESPECIALLY DURING THE EVENING RUSH HOUR.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Posted by: Truth! ()
Date: January 16, 2013 12:40PM

It's the truth, they just updated the forecast.

Here's the link -

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=VAZ053&warncounty=VAC059&firewxzone=VAZ053&local_place1=&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

Not sure why the school link isn't working. I'm a janitor and they just announced that FCPS are going into "snow mode." We need to make sure all snow equipment is ready for this evening and tomorrow morning.

Posted by: PANIC NOW! ()
Date: January 16, 2013 12:53PM

OMFG IT's GOING TO SNOW!!!

EVERYBODY! TIME TO PANIC!!!

LEAVE WORK NOW! ALL AT ONCE!

HEAD TO THE GROCERY STORE IMMEDIATELY AND CLEAR THE SHELVES OF EVERY LAST GALLON OF MILK, TOILET PAPER, ICE MELT, SNOW SHOVELS, AND OTHER CRAP THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE 3 OF AT HOME.

FIND A GOOD SPOT TO ABANDON YOUR CAR BEFORE THE NEXT GUY GETS IT!

HURRY!!!

Posted by: ohnoes ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:00PM

And I have traffic court tomorrow at 9:30am. Great.

Posted by: masturbate time ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:01PM

Hell yeah!!!!! You all know what this means with an impending snow storm.............24/7 coverage on all local news channels about the storm!!!! This means Eun Yang and Wendy Reiger all day tomorrow!!!! Going to be stroking good long and hard one tomorrow morning!!!!

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:02PM

Just abandoned all of my vans on FFX county parkway to be on the safe side.

Seriously though, where they calling for this all week? It was not mentioned on the am news.

Posted by: Bread Gone! ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:05PM

Hurry, hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's happening already!
Attachments:
icestorm.jpg

Posted by: Capital Weather Gang ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:12PM

Google: Capital Weather Gang

There is sufficient uncertainty about the storm to offer four possible storm scenarios with our best guess at the probabilities of each one as such:

1) Precipitation starting as rain or snow late morning or tomorrow afternoon changes to all snow with temperatures falling to near or below freezing by rush hour with snow accumulating several inches (1-4 inch accumulations being the most likely range). This is one of the rare cases where the heaviest accumulations could fall south of the city. Based on this morning’s model runs, this is the most likely scenario (probability of around 50 percent).

2) The storm skirts to our south but our precipitation rates stay low with temperatures staying above freezing giving us rain to snow but little to no accumulation (less than one inch). (30 percent)

3) The storm stays far enough south to keep the D.C. dry with only our southern suburbs seeing any precipitation. One of the two least likely scenarios. (10 percent)

The National Weather Service’s official forecast is essentially our scenario 4, just a 10 percent possibility in our mind. Can’t rule out it — amounts are more realistic - in our opnion - southwest of Stafford county.

4) The storm edges a little farther north and heavy snowfall rates allow heavy snow accumulations of 5 inches or more (10 percent)

Posted by: Snow Shoveler ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:15PM

I was just at Costco and they are completely wiped out of towel paper.

Posted by: braceyourselves ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:19PM

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:24PM

Damn, I really have to go shopping today.

I hate the thought of being there with the snow bunnies.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:52PM

"I was just at Costco and they are completely wiped out of towel paper."

Is that some new Costco product, combination paper towel and toilet paper? Use it to wipe your face/hands during dinner and then to wipe your ass after dinner.

Posted by: New Map ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:57PM

New National Weather Service predictions map
Attachments:
NATIONALWS.jpg

Posted by: Bob Lyin ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:58PM

Yes, and it was supposed to be 70 degrees last Sunday, try guessing again.......

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:01PM

CERT ready to help, CERT can do it. CERT ROCKS!

Posted by: Staging Plows Now ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:09PM

Loadem Up!
Attachments:
loademup.jpg

Posted by: Snowbound ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:25PM

Will CERT delivery toilet paper, bread and milk?

Posted by: thisareasucksforsnow ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:36PM

This area sucks for snow. Friggin cold rain for days now we get an inch or two. I weep for the children

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:41PM

Snowbound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will CERT delivery toilet paper, bread and milk?

That is logistics job, get stuff. CERT not normally doing that for people, me find out.

Posted by: winter driver ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:49PM

I strongly suggest that everyone leave work early today. That way they can abandon their cars in all sorts of unlikely places. Even if you don't want to, just leave your car partially off the road, so that even if you're not stalled you can block one lane of traffic and contribute to the general "charlie foxtrot" that the roads will be come.

Posted by: braceyourselves ()
Date: January 16, 2013 02:49PM

Now I wish I had bought that truck with 4wd, I could have started a snowplow business.

Oh well....at least I don't have a car note to pay.

Posted by: 4WD Rednecks ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:24PM

Calling all four wheel drive drivers. It's time to get on the roads now and starting acting like total assholes, cutting people off, driving to fast and ending up spun out in a ditch.

Posted by: Glory Days Snow Wings ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:26PM

I've heard that Glory Days Grill gives out one basket of six free wings when it snows six inches or more.

Is that true?

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/

Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:34PM

Looks like Fairfax's finest will be working overtime straight through the weekend with the inauguration on Monday!

If you are driving, slow down, turn your lights on, and look out for the other drivers who don't know how to drive in snow.

School closing probably won't be announced until late tonight or early tomorrow due to uncertainty in the forecast.

Posted by: HHS ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:34PM

Fairfax county schools just posted on their facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/fcpsva

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:52PM

HHS Wrote:
> Fairfax county schools just posted on their
> facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/fcpsva

Uh...how about here: http://www.fcps.edu/news/emerg.shtml

Re: 5 Inches of Snow Expected Tomorrow- FFX County Just Announced Closed Thurs\Friday [Lies!]
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: January 16, 2013 03:53PM

Shanty Wrote:
> edit by Cary (the admin): Cute, but
> misinformation will not be tolerated in Fairfax
> General. Please do not purposefully spread
> misinformation.

LOL.

Re: 5 Inches of Snow Expected Tomorrow- FFX County Just Announced Closed Thurs\Friday [Lies!]
Posted by: MFD ()
Date: January 16, 2013 04:40PM

My friend's dad knows a guy that saw snow one time and he says that it might snow tomoorow, but it might not snow tommorow and we should all shelter-in-place because he thinks it might snow, but it might not. He is an official weather prognosticator. His name is Lyin' (Bob) Ryan.

Posted by: Ozzee ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:18PM

MFD Wrote:
> My friend's dad knows a guy that saw snow one time
> and he says that it might snow tomoorow, but it
> might not snow tommorow and we should all
> shelter-in-place because he thinks it might snow,
> but it might not. He is an official weather
> prognosticator. His name is Lyin' (Bob) Ryan.

Good enough for me. I'm off to Costco to stock up on bread, eggs, milk and buy a snow shovel.

Posted by: section 8 sharon ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:22PM

I voted for obama, I dont need to stock up the government will give me everything I need

Posted by: king me ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:25PM

what doug hill predicts
Attachments:
Blizzard_1949_SnowWalls_sm.jpg

Posted by: king me ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:25PM

what will really happen
Attachments:
105.jpg

Posted by: Lockie ()
Date: January 16, 2013 05:39PM

Does this mean we won't get to see that sexy kitten Wendy Rieger all day tomorrow?

Say it ain't so Joe?

Posted by: MFD ()
Date: January 16, 2013 08:23PM

My friend's dad says he remembers when Wendy Rieger was hammered drunk on live T.V. It was during the all-day broadcast of a snowstorm that blanketed the area in 1-2 inches of snow. Wendy was so overwhelmed by seeing 2 inches, she promptly drank 4 bottles of red wine while wearing her leopard-skin body-hugging dress. My friends' dad says she was going commando during the broadcast.

Posted by: Crackhead Jim ()
Date: January 16, 2013 08:50PM

MFD Wrote:
> My friend's dad says he remembers when Wendy
> Rieger was hammered drunk on live T.V. It was
> during the all-day broadcast of a snowstorm that
> blanketed the area in 1-2 inches of snow. Wendy
> was so overwhelmed by seeing 2 inches, she
> promptly drank 4 bottles of red wine while wearing
> her leopard-skin body-hugging dress. My friends'
> dad says she was going commando during the
> broadcast.

Long ago I did see something kinda along those lines one time when they cut back to her unexpectedly during a commercial break and she didn't know they were on camera. She was talking to somebody off screen and said something to the effect of "... and we were so wasted!" Realized that she'd been caught and was all flustered trying to get onto the next story. lol

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 16, 2013 08:55PM

I'll tell you this: after taking 9 hours to get home the last time it snowed in the afternoon, I'm getting the fuck out of dodge at the first flake. Lame yes, but for some of us the phrase "never again" has special meaning.

Posted by: updates ()
Date: January 16, 2013 10:56PM

Any updates?

Posted by: WeatherGuy ()
Date: January 16, 2013 11:28PM

Rain here. No snow. But because of the forecast, afternoon rush will start at 12:00pm and last until 9:00pm.

If you want snow from this storm this time you need to go south to Richmond, Roanoke or Charlottesville versus the usual North or West.

Posted by: GIRTH ()
Date: January 17, 2013 11:35AM

If you see me...you will be getting 9 to 10 inches tonight.

Girth

Posted by: But.... ()
Date: January 17, 2013 11:38AM

GIRTH Wrote:
> If you see me...you will be getting 9 to 10 inches
> tonight.
>
> Girth

But it will come so quickly it will be like it wasn't even there

Posted by: GIRTH ()
Date: January 17, 2013 11:41AM

Just like the dusting that we are expecting...Here for a little while...Then gone tomorrow when the sun shines...

Girth

Posted by: Question Mark ()
Date: January 17, 2013 12:18PM

MFD Wrote:
> My friend's dad says he remembers when Wendy
> Rieger was hammered drunk on live T.V. It was
> during the all-day broadcast of a snowstorm that
> blanketed the area in 1-2 inches of snow. Wendy
> was so overwhelmed by seeing 2 inches, she
> promptly drank 4 bottles of red wine while wearing
> her leopard-skin body-hugging dress. My friends'
> dad says she was going commando during the
> broadcast.

How dare you bash the good name of sexy Wendy Rieger! You are nothing but a three toad sloth without a tongue!

If Wendy Rieger wants to wear a leopard-skin body-hugging dress and go commando I say more power to her! She is three times as sexy as any news anchor!

Posted by: Designated-Hitter ()
Date: January 17, 2013 12:19PM

Wendy Reiger? I'd hit it

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.