HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do NOT use "Salzano Custom Concrete"
Posted by: lisa ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:54AM

WARNING... Do NOT hire a company called "Salzano Custom Concrete". Based here in Centerville, Va. They were recommended by our pool company to resurface as well as repair our pool patio , less than 30 days after pouring a new section of concrete, it began to crack down the center, and the new stairs that were poured also started to crack down the middle. The overlay material used ontop of the concrete bubbled and chipped off after our first snow. When we contacted them at the first sign of cracking, they stated that it was a "hairline" crack and was not covered under they're warranty, and since water/moisture was able to get under the overlay due to the crack, the bubbling and peeling were also not covered. They refused to fix any of the problems and this all happened just under 30 days of them completeing the job. We are now out $12,000, and are stuck with a patio that is worse now than before they worked on it.
Attachments:
IMAG0636-1-1-1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do NOT use "Salzano Custom Concrete"
Posted by: Ideas ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:21AM

Go to their lot at night flatten their tires and squirt entire bottles of pancake syrup into the gas tanks of all their work trucks.

Posted by: That's BS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:41AM

That's not just a 'hairline' surface crack. It looks to be structural all the way through what they poured. Also, looks like lots of surface cracking (e.g., in the pinkish area by the chair legs). I wouldn't be happy either.

I know it's too late now but in the future any time you that have a large area of concrete like that poured have them add fiber to the mix. That will prevent most cracks or at least minimize them so they don't spread like that (unless maybe you have some major structural problem). It's a trivial difference in cost. A little harder to finish out well and you may have a little "peach fuzz" on the surface for a while but that wears away fairly quickly.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:18AM

Yes actually when the patio is wet, it looks like a road map with thousands of tiny cracks all over, same with the stairs, and of course these are the only two sections that do this, which are the sections they repoured. This isn't all either that they screwed up, they created a border around our pool with the overlay, and once it dried, it looked as though someone had applied severl different shades of grey on, it also dried with a very rough textured look, not smooth as requested. I said something about the colors and texture while they were applying it, hbut I was promised that once dry, it would show a solid, smooth look. As you can see, they lied. We were also told that the overlay called "pure texture" was stain proof, and how wrong they were!
Attachments:
IMAG0681-1.jpg

Date: October 14, 2012 03:45AM

You are correct in saying that the crack appears to go through the entire slab. If you go over to the grass line, you can see that the crack extends down the entire thickness of the slab. CJ, the owner of the company (its owned by two brothers), stated that a hairline crack is anything thinner than a nickel. As long as I can fit anything the thickness of a nickel or less in the crack then its considered a hairline crack. I knew he was full of shit, but at this point he had already been paid in full as the job was done, and he made it very clear that he was not going to fix anything. I have contacted "7 on your side", and they are in the process of gathering up all the information on they're company, as well as copying a year's worth of emails and over 300+ pictures which I started taking from the day they started to document all the work that was done. I wasn't about to let them get away with screwing us out of that much money and think they could get away with this. We had given them our entire savings, so we coukdnt afford to hire an attorney, this was my only other option to get them to accept responsibility as well as notify the public to find another company.

Posted by: nice try ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:59AM

lisa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> over 300+ pictures
> which I started taking from the day they started
> to document all the work that was done.

BULLSHIT - no one takes 300 pics of people laying concrete

> I wasn't
> about to let them get away with screwing us out of
> that much money and think they could get away with
> this.

BULLSHIT - that would mean you can tell the future and KNEW they were going to fuck up

> We had given them our entire savings, so we
> coukdnt afford to hire an attorney,

BULLSHIT - no one spends their ENTIRE SAVINGS on home improvement

You just confirmed this whole story is BULLSHIT

I will be happy to send this to the company, sure they may consider suing YOU for damages.

Posted by: Shoddy ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:15AM

Try to find others who used this company. I'm sure Channel 7 gets a lot of complaints about a lot of companies. If you can get more people to contact them about this company, it might guarantee they actually put this on the air.

Though I bet this sort of story is already high on their list. They seem to like exposing dishonest home improvement/maintenance contractors.

I don't know why they wouldn't do something, anything. Leaving that crack exposed means it's only going to get worse over time. Every contractor I've ever hired has always been willing to come back to fix minor things that could lead to bigger problems. It's their work, they should want to do quality work in the first place, and not have shitty half-assed excuses for why it isn't satisfactory.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but is it possible you came at this problem a little pissed off and put this jackass contractor on the defensive? I only ask because, like I said above, everyone I've ever hired has always been happy to come back for even the nitpickiest thing. If you call them up and tell them the whole thing is fucked up and they better get their ass out immediately to fix it or you're going to sue them, the response you described is usually what you get.

If you were extremely polite and got that response, then the contractor is just an asshole who is out for a quick buck, of course.

Date: October 14, 2012 04:36AM

BTW, when you're spending more than $2,000 on work, you really need to do some homework before hiring anyone.

For $12,000, you should have asked to go to one or two of their recent jobs so you can actually see what kind of work they do.

When I redid my master bath, the two contractors I narrowed it down to let me go to a house they were currently working on. The one I ended up hiring impressed me with their work, and how they prepped the rest of the house for the remodel by placing cardboard and thick paper down on the carpet leading from the front door, up the stairs, into the master bedroom and into the bathroom, padded the corners and moulding, set up plastic to keep the drywall, tile and marble dust from getting into the rest of the house. The other guys kind of half-assed all the prep work, and just didn't seem to have their shit together.

If you're going to spend that kind of money, make sure you know what kind of work they can do. If you just hire the cheapest guy you can find, what you describe seems to be the result you can count on.

Posted by: Salzanoagreed ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:44AM

I'm glad you posted this. I was going to use the for some driveway repair, some front sidewalk remodeling, and to install a back patio and sitting wall. The guy came out and drew up some pictures and quoted me like $10,000. For the work quoted I could do it all myself for 3k, and that would be with buying some new tools!

Way overpriced. And apparently way undersell seed

Good thread, OP.

(Except for the fact you don't know the difference between "their," "they're," and "there." You fucking dumbass.)

Posted by: John Gotti ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:22AM

I've been happy with their custom cement shoe-fitting business. Never had a pair come off a recipient.

Posted by: Hmm... ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:24PM

Well, I see that you posted a negative review in Washington Consumer Checkbook, which presumably you checked before dealing with this company. You also posted a negative review of this company on Yelp.

Per your review on Yelp, it appears that you initiated a lawsuit against this company in 2010. I assume that you either did not go through with it or lost, since you don't identify any recovery. Per Yelp again, you also threatened to go to the media when you couldn't get the swine flu vaccine from your doctor's office due to limited supply. Again per Yelp, you also sued (and won against) the company you were working for at one time, where you incurred a back injury, which in turn allowed you to get a very expensive facial from a company that you hated.

Yeah, to my completely untrained eyes, that looks like a crappy job. But something tells me there is more to this story.

Posted by: Barrack Obummer ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:10PM

Anyone that can afford a pool is probably an evil rich person. You deserve what you got.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:22PM

12 grand? For re-surfacing? I'm thinking that you got ripped off.

I had a 450 sq. ft. stamped concrete patio added last year that was less than half of that. Fairly significant excavation included.

My aunt/uncle just had their driveway and walkway ripped up and replaced as well as having the porch resurfaced for $6,000.

Posted by: Longstreet ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:07PM

Suggest that no one do business with hispanic concrete contractors. Illegal alien labor, poor quality materials.

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:19PM

LMAO- bet the did not even use re-bar when pouring the slab or do a soil stability test. Sucks when you dont know the process and you get screwed. Pull permits for it or did you say f it?

Posted by: Profession Complainer ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:19PM

Hmm... Wrote:
> Well, I see that you posted a negative review in
> Washington Consumer Checkbook, which presumably
> you checked before dealing with this company. You
> also posted a negative review of this company on
> Yelp.
>
> Per your review on Yelp, it appears that you
> initiated a lawsuit against this company in 2010.
> I assume that you either did not go through with
> it or lost, since you don't identify any recovery.
> Per Yelp again, you also threatened to go to the
> media when you couldn't get the swine flu vaccine
> from your doctor's office due to limited supply.
> Again per Yelp, you also sued (and won against)
> the company you were working for at one time,
> where you incurred a back injury, which in turn
> allowed you to get a very expensive facial from a
> company that you hated.
>
> Yeah, to my completely untrained eyes, that looks
> like a crappy job. But something tells me there is
> more to this story.

OP is lawsuit-happy? Another lib leech on society always fighting for handouts through trial lawyers. No sympathy for OP. Contractor is prolly victim here. LoLz.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:21PM

Wow... seems with some I need to clear some questions, accusations ect.... up.
Yes... admittingly I have some issues with the word
Theyre, there and their... thank you for pointing that out.

Nice Try.... I hadnt planned on taking that many pictures, however from day one they started to screw up. I thought the best thing to do was to start documenting with pictures anything that went wrong. Never in a million years did I think that this company would mess so many things up. The pictures are not of 300 individual problems either, they are multiple pictures, taken in different angles of the issues. If I had to break it down, there were probably 10 major screw ups with the entire project. No need to send them this either, as I always provide them with a link to any feedback that I have left them. They hate the fact that customers can go on different websites and leave negative feedback, but they love it when customers can leave positive feedback. If you go and view all the sites available, you will see where they responded to many of my comments. They even tried to get these feedback sites to remove my feedback as well a pictures and why wouldnt they, it doesnt look good for them. Yes we did spend our entire savings on this, but I dont think I need to explain our financial spendings to you.

"Shoddy"... The relationship between this company and I started out good, until they started making mistakes, some of them major mistakes. Such as the stairs. We were very specific about the style of stairs that we wanted and were assured that they could build them, however when I returned home that day and saw what they had built and poured, I was not a very happy person. The stairs built were nothing like we had designed. I was then told that the only options were to work with what they built, or to tear them out and redo them, however they were going to charge an additional $2000 to fix them. We had no choice but to pay the extra, or they were going to leave them the way they were. After pouring the concrete for the new slab, I noticed off to the side, that one of the workers had stepped on the concrete prior to it drying all the way, leaving two footprints, as well as some other markings. This meant that they would need to sand the prints out of the concrete. We specifically stated that we wanted a smooth surfaced patio, however when they applied the overlay material, it looked as though a child had frosted a cake, leaving jagged ridges everywhere. When my neighbor's daughter came over to play with my boys the next day, she ended up slicing her foot open on one of the ridges. I had already told CJ that it had to be fixed because it was not smooth as requested and then the accident happened. The only way to do this was to sand or file down the entire patio. In an email CJ, even admits that his crew went above and beyond the texturing process and agree'd that it was too much. They covered our pool with a sheet of simple plastic and held it down with bricks during the sanding down process, due to the weight of the dust & the amount, the plastic began to sink. The workers didnt bother to replace or fix the plastic and contiued to sand down the patio, allowing all this dust to get wet. In the end, we had an inch of wet, clay like material that went around our entire pool, we fully expected them to clean this mess up, however they didnt and left it for us to do. Because it had sat against the pool walls for three days & was able to bake in the heat, it had hardened around our tile. We were also unsure if all this dust turned to clay material had gotten into our pipes and was going to cause problems underground that we couldnt see. We also didnt know how much damage it had done to our filter. So needless to say our relationship was now on real rocky terms. They were pissed that all this extra work had to be done, and we were pissed that they were screwing up so bad. When the project was done, I had made a punch list of everything that had gone wrong and didnt get fixed. In emails from CJ, he promises to repair everything and even provided me with dates he and his crew would come out. We paid him the remainder of his fee fully expecting to see him a week later to start repairs, however that never happened. He decided in the end that nothing we had brought to his attention was covered under his warranty and refused to fix anything. We went back and forth for an entire year with emails with promises, then broken promises and here I sit today with a patio that is worse now than it was prior to him working on it.
When this was something we decided to do, we interviewed 4 company's. He provided us with a estimate that was comparable to others, so he wasnt at all the cheapest. We ended up hiring him because the pool company that we use, "Lewis pools" uses him when they build pools. Your right in that the biggest mistake we made, was that we didnt physically go and view other work he had done, we just assumed that since he came highly recommended by a pool company, if they use him for all the pools they build, then he must be good. I will say this, it appears that he does very good work with "Stamped" concrete, which was what we hired him initially to do, but because of the layout of our patio, the stamping process just wasnt going to work, so we decided to go with the less expensive form of resurfacing using the overlay process, which he claimed to do just as well as stamping. Although this process is less expensive, our price didnt change. Come to find out, he had no clue what he was doing, which is why his workers made my patio look like a frosted cake. Although he told us that the overlay material can be applied smoothly, neither he nor his workers knew how to apply it. After sanding down all the material off our patio, he had to call the creator of this material and fly him out here from North Carolina to show him & his crew how to correctly apply the overlay so that it is smooth. This took an additional three days. It looked wonderful when done correctly and we were happy with it, but then 2.5 weeks later it started cracking.

"Hmmm..." Yes I have posted negative reviews on Yelp, Checkbook, Angies list, Google and anywhere else that I could leave a customer feedback review. I also provided pictures on sites that allowed them. As you can tell on some of them, he didnt like that at all, and even attempted to have them removed. Too bad for him that as a consumer I have the right to post feedback, good or bad to notify others that they may want to look elsewhere to have work done. We did not initiate a lawsuit, becuase we couldnt afford to hire a construction attorney, since we paid all our money to him. However I did contact several Attorneys to find out if I even had a case, which according to all the attorneys I spoke with stated that we did have a case, however it involved retaining an Attorney, which costs money. Because my husband was the only one working, hence the only income, it just wasnt something we could afford to do. My only other way to bring this horrible job to light, was to leave feedback everywhere I could. If I couldnt get my patio fixed correctly or get any of our money back, then I was at least going to try to expose the type of work they did and how they handled the problems.
As far as my back injury goes... I injured my back on the job, ended up having 4 back surgeries, and settled out of court with workers comp. Part of my therapy for my back was getting massages done, the facial was an extra for me and your right, I thought it was a terrible facial for the amount of money charged, but the massage wasnt too bad. After all the pain I had suffered, I deserved it. If you must know.... I still am not able to work and my life has been turned upside down due to the injury.
As for the swine flu vaccine... this had nothing to do with me, it had to do with my two son's who suffer severe asthma attacks. It was during the height of the swine flu and anyone who suffered any sort of breathing issues, were to be given the vaccine's first prior to healthy people. I dont think I need to explain anymore than that.

So you state that there could be more to this story.... what else can I gladly answer for you?

"Barrack Obummer"..... You know nothing about me or my family and I believe the evil person here is you, stating that we deserve what we got simply because we have a pool. First off, the pool was here when we purchased the house, second we are far from rich, as a matter of fact, like many we struggle daily to survive. I am now disabled, due to a work related injury, can no longer work, am married to a hard working man who is only concerned about providing for his family, we have raised two girls who are now on they're own and are currently raising our two teenage boys. Although we struggle, we have eachother and that makes us happy and push on each day. It sounds to me that you may not be the happy one, when you feel the need to attack someone you know nothing about. Shame on you.

Yes I have also posted negative feedback involving

Posted by: Centreville homer ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:29PM

Salzano replaced a concrete walkway in my backyard last year they did a great job at a reasonable price. I paid them half up-front and half 14 days after the work was complete. I gave each of the three workmen a forty dollar tip. I highly recommend them.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:43PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> 12 grand? For re-surfacing? I'm thinking that you
> got ripped off.
>
> I had a 450 sq. ft. stamped concrete patio added
> last year that was less than half of that. Fairly
> significant excavation included.
>
> My aunt/uncle just had their driveway and walkway
> ripped up and replaced as well as having the porch
> resurfaced for $6,000.

Ironically the reason this was done, was because the largest slab had a crack down the center & the patio had dropped 5 inches from the stairs and here we are now, with the exact same problem. The crack is in the exact same spot too.
The $12,000 included, removal of the slab & stairs, repour new slab & stairs, resurface with overlay material the entire patio (originally suppose to be stamped concrete), create border around pool. I have no doubt that we got ripped off, however all 4 companies we interviewed provided us with similar quotes, this guy was in the middle.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:48PM

Profession Complainer Wrote:
> Hmm... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, I see that you posted a negative review
> in
> > Washington Consumer Checkbook, which presumably
> > you checked before dealing with this company.
> You
> > also posted a negative review of this company
> on
> > Yelp.
> >
> > Per your review on Yelp, it appears that you
> > initiated a lawsuit against this company in
> 2010.
> > I assume that you either did not go through
> with
> > it or lost, since you don't identify any
> recovery.
> > Per Yelp again, you also threatened to go to
> the
> > media when you couldn't get the swine flu
> vaccine
> > from your doctor's office due to limited
> supply.
> > Again per Yelp, you also sued (and won against)
> > the company you were working for at one time,
> > where you incurred a back injury, which in turn
> > allowed you to get a very expensive facial from
> a
> > company that you hated.
> >
> > Yeah, to my completely untrained eyes, that
> looks
> > like a crappy job. But something tells me there
> is
> > more to this story.
>
> OP is lawsuit-happy? Another lib leech on society
> always fighting for handouts through trial
> lawyers. No sympathy for OP. Contractor is
> prolly victim here. LoLz.

I have never filed a lawsuit ever, have only obtained information to see if a case was possible. Never asked for your sympathy either, nor am I looking for any.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:53PM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> LMAO- bet the did not even use re-bar when pouring
> the slab or do a soil stability test. Sucks when
> you dont know the process and you get screwed.
> Pull permits for it or did you say f it?

I can tell you that they positively did NOT do a soil test and to be honest I dont believe that rebar was used and yes you are absolutley correct in saying that it sucks, when I have no knowledge about this type of work and therefore very easily could be taken advantage of because of my not knowing what the correct or incorrect way of how this is suppose to be done. I personally did not pull any permits and frankly have no clue if they did or not. Either way, we got screwed in the end, and they ended up with a pocket full of money.

Date: October 14, 2012 04:03PM

Centreville homer Wrote:
> Salzano replaced a concrete walkway in my backyard
> last year they did a great job at a reasonable
> price. I paid them half up-front and half 14 days
> after the work was complete. I gave each of the
> three workmen a forty dollar tip. I highly
> recommend them.

I think its great that they did a good job for you. I have no doubt that the "stamped" concrete they do very well. Based on reviews from anyone that had this type of concrete work done, they have all been very happy and from pictures I have seen of that type of work, it looks great, but its very obvious that they have clue what they were doing when it came to applying resurfacing material. Like I said.... they had to fly out the guy who created this material from North Carolina to come and fix the mess they made. CJ made sure he and all his workers were here that day as well, so that everyone could learn at our expense to correctly apply this material in a smooth manner. Im glad you are happy with your work though and that you got what you paid for.

Posted by: lisa's taint ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:43PM

THERE IS A CRACK IN MY CONCRETE!
MY LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!
Lisa
Attachments:
lisa.jpeg

Date: October 14, 2012 05:00PM

Prior to them sanding down the entire patio becuase they screwed up so bad, here is what it looked like....
Attachments:
007-1.jpg
009-1.jpg
DSCN0418.JPG
stairs 2nd x built june 2009.JPG
014.JPG

Posted by: F'n New Guy ()
Date: October 14, 2012 05:38PM

^ Geez, those steps are TERRIBLE.

Looks like somebody's first day on the job. lol

They didn't pack the forms well enough. They didn't float it out and trowel out on the surfaces well enough. They didn't finish the edges. They didn't isolate it from the house (blue tape? really? lol) Among other fails...

That is just absolutely a piss-poor job. I did better than that back when I had no clue what I was doing.

Posted by: Pat O'Flanagan ()
Date: October 14, 2012 05:52PM

Salzano? Your first mistake was thinking a bunch of Mediterranean savages would do a good job...

Posted by: PuUtV ()
Date: October 14, 2012 07:07PM

nice try Wrote:
> lisa Wrote:
> -----
> > over 300+ pictures
> > which I started taking from the day they
> started
> > to document all the work that was done.
>
> BULLSHIT - no one takes 300 pics of people laying
> concrete
>
>
> > I wasn't
> > about to let them get away with screwing us out
> of
> > that much money and think they could get away
> with
> > this.
>
> BULLSHIT - that would mean you can tell the future
> and KNEW they were going to fuck up
>
>
>
> > We had given them our entire savings, so we
> > coukdnt afford to hire an attorney,
>
> BULLSHIT - no one spends their ENTIRE SAVINGS on
> home improvement
>
>
> You just confirmed this whole story is BULLSHIT

+1

Posted by: Bill Hayes ()
Date: October 14, 2012 07:31PM

Portuguese contractors are to be trusted. Swarms operating out of Manassas and
Centerville. They are the ones who brought hundreds of illegal aliens to the
area.

Posted by: LCVhe ()
Date: October 15, 2012 06:48PM

Wow this is by far the worst job I have ever seen in my life. lMAO. i would get the county involved. Were the drunk?

Posted by: barrack obummer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:11PM

"Barrack Obummer"..... You know nothing about me or my family and I believe the evil person here is you, stating that we deserve what we got simply because we have a pool. First off, the pool was here when we purchased the house, second we are far from rich, as a matter of fact, like many we struggle daily to survive. I am now disabled, due to a work related injury, can no longer work, am married to a hard working man who is only concerned about providing for his family, we have raised two girls who are now on they're own and are currently raising our two teenage boys. Although we struggle, we have eachother and that makes us happy and push on each day. It sounds to me that you may not be the happy one, when you feel the need to attack someone you know nothing about. Shame on you.

I suspect some things in life, maybe most things, go right over your head.
Attachments:
obama-tax-the-rich.jpg

Posted by: life is hard ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:18PM

Lisa,
geez what a rant. Next time pay a few extra bucks for quality. Everyone wants to do things on the cheap in this area so you get what you pay for. I had some concrete work done maybe fifteen years ago and it is still rock solid. But I hired an American guy and only paid when the job was done. I got references from people I knew not on Yelp or some other such site populated by posts by same company that is being reviewed.

Grow up baby, you got taken to the cleaners. Lesson learned, expensive one but there it is.

Posted by: Two mistakes ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:20PM

One - Hiring some company without properly checking references

Two - Coming on this website expecting kindness and understanding.

Posted by: Old Sal ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:26PM

one bucket concrete mix, twenty gallons water, there that should do it.

Posted by: deeeoeoo ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:30PM

UMMMMM

DONT HIRE SPANISH!!!!!!!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:10PM

While I agree that it is terrible concrete work, I must say:

You spent your entire life savings on a concrete repair job? Are you fucking stupid?

Date: October 15, 2012 09:10PM

Two mistakes Wrote:
> One - Hiring some company without properly
> checking references
>
> Two - Coming on this website expecting kindness
> and understanding.

Who said I came here looking for kindness? I know I didn't, I am well aware that no matter what you post on this site there are always going to be smart asses. I came here to warn others looking to have this type of work done to look elsewhere and to show what we ended up with. Really simple.

Date: October 15, 2012 09:21PM

496 Wrote:
> While I agree that it is terrible concrete work, I
> must say:
>
> You spent your entire life savings on a concrete
> repair job? Are you fucking stupid?

Yes we spent our entire savings, but not because we wanted to, more or less because we had to, as our house was at risk for structural damage, due to the prior patio sinking approx 5 inches from the stairs, which was allowing rain, snow, and pool water to pond up against the house. We had to fix the patio to save the house foundation. We couldnt just repair the stairs and slab, it would not have matched the rest of the patio, so the entire patio had to be resurfaced. Unfortunately we are now having to deal with the exact same problem, only this time it didn't take 13 yrs to get so bad, it only took 30 days.

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:23PM

Well regardless of rants and how money she spent I cant stop looking at the pics. lolz. Look at the stairs LMAO. I would like to see some current pics because the only thing I can imagine how something went so horrifically wrong is that they were putting some sort of stone on top and it was just a sloppy base job. lol.

Date: October 15, 2012 09:30PM

deeeoeoo Wrote:
> UMMMMM
>
>
> DONT HIRE SPANISH!!!!!!!

The owner, CJ and his brother Frank, are more American than Spanish, as a matter of fact, if you saw him, you would never know he was Spanish, its his name that gives him up. Now his workers on the other hand, barely speak English, and two no English at all. This made it very hard to communicate with them when CJ wasn't there. I had to use a lot of hand gestures, and pen and paper, and other times had to get CJ on the phone to translate when problems occured. I knew nothing about his crew until after I had signed the contract and they arrived to start the job.

Posted by: no mas ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:15PM

^^^
is this a real post? The job looks crappy now, did it look that way when first finished or did it set up that way. If that is how it looked when the amigos exclaimed terminado it would be a cold day in hell before I would give them one thin dime. I never pay for half ass work, ever. Someone wants me to pay for that shoddy work then take me to court see how it goes.

Date: October 15, 2012 10:16PM

LCVhe Wrote:
> Wow this is by far the worst job I have ever seen
> in my life. lMAO. i would get the county involved.
> Were the drunk?

No they were not drunk, although based on the work, you would think they were on something. You mention getting the County involved? How would I go about doing that and who would i need to speak with? We later found out, that if we ever planned on selling the house, it would never pass inspection because the stairs were not code approved and require a railing due to the height of them. It was actually my mother who brought this to our attention and when I questioned CJ about it, he admitted that yes, they will have to have a railing installed in order to pass inspection, however he never mentioned this once during our planning and never during the work being done. He didnt admit to this until after the job was done and he had the money in his pocket.

Posted by: ah ha ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:25PM

" I am now disabled, due to a work related injury, can no longer work"

but you have a pool and I presume go swimming?. Ok

Posted by: Helpy ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:26PM

lisa Wrote:
> LCVhe Wrote:
> -----
> > Wow this is by far the worst job I have ever
> seen
> > in my life. lMAO. i would get the county
> involved.
> > Were the drunk?
>
>
> No they were not drunk, although based on the
> work, you would think they were on something. You
> mention getting the County involved? How would I
> go about doing that and who would i need to speak
> with? We later found out, that if we ever planned
> on selling the house, it would never pass
> inspection because the stairs were not code
> approved and require a railing due to the height
> of them. It was actually my mother who brought
> this to our attention and when I questioned CJ
> about it, he admitted that yes, they will have to
> have a railing installed in order to pass
> inspection, however he never mentioned this once
> during our planning and never during the work
> being done. He didnt admit to this until after the
> job was done and he had the money in his pocket.

I would contact Gerry Connelly's office about this immediately. He'll make sure the problem is solved and the workers deported.

Posted by: Nollan Malloy ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:59PM

I hope TLC doesnt use them, I dont want cracks in my new home.

Date: October 15, 2012 11:06PM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> Well regardless of rants and how money she spent I
> cant stop looking at the pics. lolz. Look at the
> stairs LMAO. I would like to see some current pics
> because the only thing I can imagine how something
> went so horrifically wrong is that they were
> putting some sort of stone on top and it was just
> a sloppy base job. lol.

Here are two pictures of when they removed the stairs and slab, the pictures at the end were taken April through July of this year.... You can see that the slab is begining to sink away from the stairs again, you can also see all the stains from things such as patio furniture, leaves, mulch ect... the overlay material was suppose to be stain free and keep a new appearance for up to 15 years. After 30 days our patio had the look of a 10+ year patio.
Attachments:
stairs & slab incorrect not raised wrong shape stairs (2).jpg
stairs & slab incorrect not raised wrong shape stairs (3).jpg
stairs 2nd x built wasnt raised water ponds still june 2009 (3).JPG
cracked slab & peeled overlay.JPG
DSCN0418.JPG
closer look at uneven overlay.JPG

Date: October 15, 2012 11:36PM

After making it very clear that we wanted a smooth texture on our stairs as well as the patio, this was they're idea of smooth. After telling CJ it looked like a frosted cake and was not at all acceptable, they had to sand down the stairs and entire patio & then call in the guy from North Carolina to show them how to use this material in a smooth manner. The last picture is of our stairs today...
Attachments:
021[1].jpg
8 30 09 new patio damage (5).JPG
8 30 09 new patio damage.JPG
stairs june 25 2009.JPG
DSCN0418.JPG

Date: October 15, 2012 11:46PM

ah ha Wrote:
> " I am now disabled, due to a work related injury,
> can no longer work"
>
> but you have a pool and I presume go swimming?. Ok

Yes I do go swimming, everyday during the summer, isnt that the purpose of having a pool? Its a great form of therapy for my back as well. Are you asking if i'm swimming, how could I be disabled? Maybe you should try looking up "Aqua Therapy", you may just learn something tonight .

Date: October 16, 2012 12:01AM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> Well regardless of rants and how money she spent I
> cant stop looking at the pics. lolz. Look at the
> stairs LMAO. I would like to see some current pics
> because the only thing I can imagine how something
> went so horrifically wrong is that they were
> putting some sort of stone on top and it was just
> a sloppy base job. lol.

Agreed. That looks like it is intended to be faced with slate or brick, not a finished concrete step.

Posted by: Kndtk ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:12AM

LMAO. I hate to say this but I'd take a jack hammer to it. Ugggglllyyy. Just call the building inspector. They might tell you to tear it out and then they might go after the contractor. Now adays the building inspector will fail you for sloppy work. Doubt the stair height is even code and the cake texture could be a issue as well. You got taken! This is the reason I watch my employees hawk eye style.

Posted by: 9b7JU ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:16AM

the gravel for the base is too large. It should be poured on medium gravel, not boulders. rebar? Vibrate the concrete?

Date: October 16, 2012 12:29AM

9b7JU Wrote:
> the gravel for the base is too large. It should be
> poured on medium gravel, not boulders. rebar?
> Vibrate the concrete?

I'm guessing they took a jack hammer to the previous concrete patio, then raked the rubble around and used that for their base.

Posted by: eyeballs ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:38AM

Why are you complaining about something that happened in the summer of 2010? almost 2 1/2 years later. Odd

Date: October 16, 2012 01:09AM

Kndtk Wrote:
> LMAO. I hate to say this but I'd take a jack
> hammer to it. Ugggglllyyy. Just call the building
> inspector. They might tell you to tear it out and
> then they might go after the contractor. Now adays
> the building inspector will fail you for sloppy
> work. Doubt the stair height is even code and the
> cake texture could be a issue as well. You got
> taken! This is the reason I watch my employees
> hawk eye

Please read my previous posts, Ive already answered things you have commented about.

Date: October 16, 2012 01:13AM

9b7JU Wrote:
> the gravel for the base is too large. It should be
> poured on medium gravel, not boulders. rebar?
> Vibrate the concrete?

I don't believe that rebar was used in the patio, but if I can recall, I think they put a few bars in the stairs. I don't know what vibrate the concrete means?

Date: October 16, 2012 01:16AM

Shoddy Wrote:
> 9b7JU Wrote:
> -----
> > the gravel for the base is too large. It should
> be
> > poured on medium gravel, not boulders. rebar?
> > Vibrate the concrete?
>
>
> I'm guessing they took a jack hammer to the
> previous concrete patio, then raked the rubble
> around and used that for their base.

You are very good, that's exactley what they did. However with the stairs they simply used the broken up concrete and built like a mound in the center and poured concrete over that. I'm guessing this was all done wrong?

Date: October 16, 2012 01:31AM

eyeballs Wrote:
> Why are you complaining about something that
> happened in the summer of 2010? almost 2 1/2 years
> later. Odd

I came on here to warn others looking to get this type of work done, to reconsider using this company and show them what we ended up getting for our money. As long as I have to continue looking at the horrendous job they left us with, I will never stop complaining or leaving feedback. I don't care if its 10 yrs later, I will do what I feel is right in the hopes if saving someone else a lot of heartache and embarrassment. I in all honesty will not be satisfied until we are either refunded or our patio and stairs are repaired and designed the correct way and shows like an actual $12,000 project and not some elementary grade level job. That may be never, but I won't give up trying.

Date: October 16, 2012 02:21AM

no mas Wrote:
> ^^^
> is this a real post? The job looks crappy now,
> did it look that way when first finished or did it
> set up that way. If that is how it looked when the
> amigos exclaimed terminado it would be a cold day
> in hell before I would give them one thin dime. I
> never pay for half ass work, ever. Someone wants
> me to pay for that shoddy work then take me to
> court see how it goes.

After the guy from North Carolina came out and applied the texturing material on smooth over the patio and stairs we were actually really happy with how it turned out even though it wasnt anything close to what we had hired Salzano to do. I think at this point we just wanted the project to be over and done with, but then just under 30 days that happiness turned into anger, again. The slab started to crack, the overlay started to bubble and peel off, the stairs began to crack, there were hundreds of air bubbles forming all over the patio, after the patio would get wet, the sections they repoured new concrete looked like a road map with thousands of tiny surface cracks and staining occured almost immediatley with anything that sat on the patio for 24 hours. None of this was suppose to happen to this overlay material and Salzano refused to repair anything as he claimed it wasnt covered under his warranty. So for 30 days we had nice patio, after that, not so much.

Posted by: joseeeeeeeeeee ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:56AM

EEEET LOOKIE GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Provide us their telephone number.

Posted by: paybacks ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:42AM

lisa Wrote:
> ah ha Wrote:
> -----
> > " I am now disabled, due to a work related
> injury,
> > can no longer work"
> >
> > but you have a pool and I presume go swimming?.
> Ok
>
>
> Yes I do go swimming, everyday during the summer,
> isnt that the purpose of having a pool? Its a
> great form of therapy for my back as well. Are you
> asking if i'm swimming, how could I be disabled?
> Maybe you should try looking up "Aqua Therapy",
> you may just learn something tonight .

You can swim then somewhere there is a job you can handle. Maybe this concrete job is just karma for gaming the system, ever think of that?

Posted by: rants and raves ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:44AM

"I will never stop complaining or leaving feedback. I don't care if its 10 yrs later"

why do I get the feeling you really will beat this thing to death.

Posted by: A friend to man ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:46AM

I dont even know Lisas husband and yet I feel sorry for him.

Posted by: "lisa" ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:24AM

> ah ha Wrote: You can swim then somewhere there is a job you can handle. Maybe this concrete job is just karma for gaming the system, ever think of that?

Sure I think of that daily... i'm sure this is karma. I have no doubt that I put myself through, two seperate spinal fusions, two seperate hardware removals in the past 5 years as well as spinal blocks & bilateral SI Joint injections every 3 months just because I feel like "gaming"' the system, oh and lets not forget my upcoming procedure to have a Spinal Stimulator implanted in my back.

>rants and raves Wrote: why do I get the feeling you really will beat this thing to death

Because I really will beat it to death for as long as it takes. I would think that anyone that was in my position and was left with a patio & stairs that looked like mine do, wouldnt just let it go.

>A friend to man Wrote: I dont even know Lisas husband and yet I feel sorry for him

Dont feel sorry for him, he is the one that has kept on me about keeping on CJ. CJ should consider himself lucky that my husband is so busy working & keeping his mind as far away from this as possible & is leaving all of this for me to handle, because i'm not so sure CJ would be a very happy person or running a buisness at all if my husband had anything to do with handling this. Its better this way, for both my husband & for CJ.

Posted by: one good turn deserves another ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:04AM

Sue them, then sell the debt to Marauder Corporation. Marauder will harass them to the ends of the earth-after all, the owner has a conviction and an outstanding arrest warrant for it.

Call the owner, Ryon Gambill at (760) 423-1100. More on the company at maraudercorpwatch.blogspot.com

They may be scumbags but they can apparently collect debts.

Salzano won't know what hit him.

Posted by: SelfentitleLib ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:17AM

Lisa, your fake injury and luxury pool makes me think you are just another lazy self entitled lib, go vote for Obummer. Romney will take VA because we can see through your bullshit and so can he.

Posted by: lisamA ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:24PM

SelfentitleLib Wrote:
> Lisa, your fake injury and luxury pool makes me
> think you are just another lazy self entitled lib,
> go vote for Obummer. Romney will take VA because
> we can see through your bullshit and so can he.

WOW... I love people like you who have nothing better to do than to sit behind a computer screen and dream up these assumptions about people you know nothing about. Its comical actually, so thank you for the laugh. Oh and we actually have a standard size pool, nothing luxurious, no slides, waterfalls, neon lighs or anything fancy like that, just a pool with a 4 ft end and an 8 ft end but thanks for thinking we did, so im sorry to inform you that your not doing so well at seeing through the bullshit after all. I'm not sure what makes you think that I have a fake injury, but if your happy believing that, well then i'm glad my so called "fake injury" brings happiness to your day . So... whats the real problem here? Is it that you have to get up early in the morning, work for 8,9,10 hours a day for little pay & it pisses you off that someone who is disabled, gets to sit at home all day, and enjoy swimming in her pool, sipping on lemonade? See I can assume things about you as well, and i'm going to assume that you are a miserable person, a cyber bully, and enjoys picking on people. I could show you my scar, I could show you my cane and walker, I can even show you the hardware that was taken out of my back, but the fact is that I dont NEED to prove anything to you and I certainly have nothing to gain by "faking" 4 surgeries & multiple procudures. You dont need to believe anything I say, and nor do I care one bit if you do or dont. I hope that one day, you will become a happy person & can learn to be nicer to people you dont know, becuase seriously where is acting like this getting you? Are you gaining anything from this?

I am here on this site to hopefully provide information to others looking to have concrete work done that they may want to consider going with another company after they have heard and seen through our pictures what they could end up with & what they're money could buy them. I would like to think that my exposing the type of work they do as well as how they handle problems, could save someone alot of trouble, mess & a major headache. I didnt come here to defend my personal problems with my health or turn this into anything to do with my health. So on that note, I will wish you well and hope the rest of your day goes well.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:28PM

Lisa, don't feed the trolls, you don't owe anyone an explaination.

I thank you for the heads up on this criminally incompetant company.

But may I ask one question?

Are you hot?

Pics or GTFO.

Posted by: Thinkbox MC ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:30PM

that shit looks like dog-shit.

why would u hire some illegal spics to do this shit?

until 2007 blacks were the best concrete workers, this statistic is accurate.

hire blacks not spics!!

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:07PM

McStinkBox, what do you know about being black?

You're whiter than the cement in that pool.

You ain't keepin it real, yo.

Posted by: Thinkbox MC ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:08PM

BEH Wrote:
> McStinkBox, what do you know about being black?
>
> You're whiter than the cement in that pool.
>
> You ain't keepin it real, yo.

Half of me is black faggot, none of me is Spanish.

Keep it up EESH.

Posted by: Horace McGee ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:34PM

Are you fat because sometimes fat can aggravate a back problem. Are you sure you are not fat? Because fat can be the issue here. Fat.

Posted by: OP (old poster) ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:53PM

Lisa is lucky Vince doesnt still post on here. He would accuse her of exploiting illegals and demand she turn over the keys to her home to them.

Date: October 16, 2012 04:18PM

I hired a company, not a bunch of illegals. Look them up salzanocustomconcrete.com
Go back to the begining of the post and you will that other postes decided to bring race into this topic.

Horace.... This is not about my health, its about a hired company that doesn't know what they are doing and robbed us blind as we knew nothing about this type of work, and apparently neither did they.

Posted by: McStinkbox ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:32PM

Thinkbox MC Wrote:

>
> Half of me is faggot
>

^ Fixed it for ya.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:20PM

I've met people like the OP. They do no research on the company they hire. They expect because they're throwing serious money around, they can stay dumb as a pile of rocks. Then they act shocked when they are treated like the rubes they are. The Op doesn't want justice or to alert the public about the company, she wants to play victim. Why else mention her disabilities? Why go on and on justfying her motives? STFU. Boo Hoo, take on the road. That show closes in Akron.

Posted by: Yupp ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:30PM

Priapus Wrote:
> I've met people like the OP. They do no research
> on the company they hire. They expect because
> they're throwing serious money around, they can
> stay dumb as a pile of rocks. Then they act
> shocked when they are treated like the rubes they
> are. The Op doesn't want justice or to alert the
> public about the company, she wants to play
> victim. Why else mention her disabilities? Why go
> on and on justfying her motives? STFU. Boo Hoo,
> take on the road. That show closes in Akron.

^+1. OP sounds like a regular, ho-on-welfare, complaining obama supporter to me. Does your back injury prevent you from getting a desk job? Ironically, its probably easier for you to get a job because of your fake disability with these libdem policies. They probably got some quota for these hand open welfare types. Stop making excuses, dumb bitch.

Posted by: bill s ()
Date: October 17, 2012 05:21AM

She needs to show them she means business.
Attachments:
27524_127761203907144_7775_n.jpg

Date: October 18, 2012 12:02AM

Just wanted to say thank you to those that took my post seriously and hopefully for some this has helped to see that this company is not all what they are made out to be and to not make the same mistakes we did. We learned an expensive lesson here and hope our mistake can save someone else a lot of money and headaches.

Date: October 18, 2012 01:01PM

one good turn deserves another Wrote:
> Sue them, then sell the debt to Marauder
> Corporation. Marauder will harass them to the ends
> of the earth-after all, the owner has a conviction
> and an outstanding arrest warrant for it.
>
> Call the owner, Ryon Gambill at (760) 423-1100.
> More on the company at
> maraudercorpwatch.blogspot.com
>
> They may be scumbags but they can apparently
> collect debts.
>
> Salzano won't know what hit hion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2012 01:22PM by lisamA.

Posted by: LisaURinTroobleNow ()
Date: December 08, 2012 05:03AM

Here in VA, we don't care if you get horrible service. If you want to write a bad review, make sure you mail it to yourself. Fuck free speech!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/woman-sued-giving-bad-online-reviews/story?id=17894367#.UMMP_4Ox-KI

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 08, 2012 06:49AM

LisaURinTroobleNow Wrote:
> Here in VA, we don't care if you get horrible
> service. If you want to write a bad review, make
> sure you mail it to yourself. Fuck free speech!
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/Business/woman-sued-giving-b
> ad-online-reviews/story?id=17894367#.UMMP_4Ox-KI

Yeah, but that contractor is getting screwed also, since people are starting to leave negative comments about his business that are factual - namely the fact that he's suing over negative comments. Unintended consequences. I would never use someone that may sue me over a negative review. Especially if my review was legit.

Posted by: Sued2 ()
Date: December 08, 2012 11:34PM

This free speech stuff really bothers me for I was sued for posting comments about Phillip Leiser on Lawyer ratings site. So was a woman who posted about him here on Fairfax Underground. THe many lawsuits filed by Leiser resulted in no harm to her or to me -- it was amazing that it happened at all.

If a business can have positive ratings why not negative ratings.

The only thing that I see as defamatory in the Yelp statement was the statement about the jewelry. Wonder how the guy will prove damages.

Posted by: TchyW ()
Date: December 08, 2012 11:53PM

Sued2 Wrote:
> This free speech stuff really bothers me for I was
> sued for posting comments about Phillip Leiser on
> Lawyer ratings site. So was a woman who posted
> about him here on Fairfax Underground. THe many
> lawsuits filed by Leiser resulted in no harm to
> her or to me -- it was amazing that it happened at
> all.
>
> If a business can have positive ratings why not
> negative ratings.
>
> The only thing that I see as defamatory in the
> Yelp statement was the statement about the
> jewelry. Wonder how the guy will prove damages.

"So was a woman who posted about him here on Fairfax Underground."

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 01:58AM

Every statement I have made and all the pictures I have posted about Salzano are all factual and I would welcome him to attempt filing a suit against my feedback about his poor work. He contacted "yelp" and requested that the pictures I posted be removed as well as my feedback, however he failed at that request, as "yelp" told him they could not remove any information provided unless proven through the court system that what I posted was "not" factual.... Which he coukdnt do. I'm now waiting for "7 on your side" to get back in touch with me to do a story about the work or lack of that he did for us.

Posted by: Bumpity ()
Date: April 08, 2013 07:38PM

Bump Bump

Posted by: A Satisfied Salzano Customer ()
Date: July 13, 2013 12:21PM

I absolutely hate the anamimity of the internet and the courage people find in hiding behind the keyboard. Civility is not dead, it is just on its last leg.

I am amazed by this thread. My wife and I spent nearly 4 months researching and interviewing concrete contractors to hire for a substantial residential project. We had multiple contractors bid for our job. We conducted extensive research and visited numerous job sites. All had their expressed virtues. We could not find a single complaint or poor comment about Salzano Custom Concrete or their work until I stumbled upon this rant.

We hired Salzano based on site visits where Salzano had completed the work. We were impressed with the finished work and the positive feedback from those who hired CJ and his crew. No, they were not the least expensive nor were they the most expensive. We spent a little more than $12,000 are incredibly happy with the work.

CJ could not have been more pleasant to work with. His crews were on time and worked the full day each day. His crews kept a tidy and organized work site. The multi-toned and colored stamped work they did looks phenomenal.

I am sorry to hear that Lisa had such a poor experience. I am sure there is more to the story (from both sides)than what is posted. However, I would and have recommended Salzano Custom Concrete to friends.

Posted by: My 2 Cents ()
Date: July 13, 2013 05:48PM

A Satisfied Salzano Customer Wrote:
> I absolutely hate the anamimity of the internet
> and the courage people find in hiding behind the
> keyboard. Civility is not dead, it is just on its
> last leg.
>
> I am amazed by this thread. My wife and I spent
> nearly 4 months researching and interviewing
> concrete contractors to hire for a substantial
> residential project. We had multiple contractors
> bid for our job. We conducted extensive research
> and visited numerous job sites. All had their
> expressed virtues. We could not find a single
> complaint or poor comment about Salzano Custom
> Concrete or their work until I stumbled upon this
> rant.
>
> We hired Salzano based on site visits where
> Salzano had completed the work. We were impressed
> with the finished work and the positive feedback
> from those who hired CJ and his crew. No, they
> were not the least expensive nor were they the
> most expensive. We spent a little more than
> $12,000 are incredibly happy with the work.
>
> CJ could not have been more pleasant to work with.
> His crews were on time and worked the full day
> each day. His crews kept a tidy and organized
> work site. The multi-toned and colored stamped
> work they did looks phenomenal.
>
> I am sorry to hear that Lisa had such a poor
> experience. I am sure there is more to the story
> (from both sides)than what is posted. However, I
> would and have recommended Salzano Custom Concrete
> to friends.

Those photos are pretty "cut-and-dry". If they're not Salzano's work, then it shouldn't be hard for him to get them taken down.

If they ARE Salzano's work, then he should be making these situations right. You don't know anything about a company until you know how they handle the problems.

Posted by: My 2 Cents ()
Date: July 13, 2013 05:51PM

My 2 Cents Wrote:
> A Satisfied Salzano Customer Wrote:
> -----
> > I absolutely hate the anamimity of the internet
> > and the courage people find in hiding behind
> the
> > keyboard. Civility is not dead, it is just on
> its
> > last leg.
> >
> > I am amazed by this thread. My wife and I
> spent
> > nearly 4 months researching and interviewing
> > concrete contractors to hire for a substantial
> > residential project. We had multiple
> contractors
> > bid for our job. We conducted extensive
> research
> > and visited numerous job sites. All had their
> > expressed virtues. We could not find a single
> > complaint or poor comment about Salzano Custom
> > Concrete or their work until I stumbled upon
> this
> > rant.
> >
> > We hired Salzano based on site visits where
> > Salzano had completed the work. We were
> impressed
> > with the finished work and the positive
> feedback
> > from those who hired CJ and his crew. No, they
> > were not the least expensive nor were they the
> > most expensive. We spent a little more than
> > $12,000 are incredibly happy with the work.
> >
> > CJ could not have been more pleasant to work
> with.
> > His crews were on time and worked the full day
> > each day. His crews kept a tidy and organized
> > work site. The multi-toned and colored stamped
> > work they did looks phenomenal.
> >
> > I am sorry to hear that Lisa had such a poor
> > experience. I am sure there is more to the
> story
> > (from both sides)than what is posted. However,
> I
> > would and have recommended Salzano Custom
> Concrete
> > to friends.
>
> Those photos are pretty "cut-and-dry". If they're
> not Salzano's work, then it shouldn't be hard for
> him to get them taken down.
>
> If they ARE Salzano's work, then he should be
> making these situations right. You don't know
> anything about a company until you know how they
> handle the problems.

BTW, your review is pretty rosy. It's hard to imagine that there's nothing at all that you could objectively criticize.

And, that does seem like a LOT of research for a mere $12,000 job. I'm assuming your investigation was of references that the company provided?

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:26PM

Yelp shows a cute lady. Nice tiddies too

Posted by: Nrl ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:19AM

The guy who is using bullshit a lot has never been screwed over. I always take before pictures and pictures in progress and finished product and if less than 30 days things go bad I take more pictures. You need them in court. And yes that could of been all their savings during this Obama hard time recession. So Mr Bullshit I advise you be careful on your jobs it maybe being documented. You are naive if you don't think someone is unhappy with the work that they aren't documenting it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.