HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: 2011 Northern Region HS Football
Posted by: hmmmmmmm ()
Date: September 25, 2011 10:56PM

I don't know how you can choose two teams that are pulling away in the Concorde race when the actual Concorde play hasn't even started yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SayWhat? ()
Date: September 25, 2011 11:59PM

Capt. Morgan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Westfield and Centreville pulling away in the
> concorde district now. Maybe big 2 with Chantilly
> starting to fall behind on that one

What metric are you using the make that statement? All 4 teams 4-0, with no close games in any of them.

Posted by: concorde ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:16PM

The biggest games for all of the Northern Region will be:

10/6: Chantilly @ Westfield
10/14: Oakton @ Chantilly
10/21: Westfield @ Oakton
10/21: Centreville @ Chantilly
10/28: Westfield @ Centreville
11/4: Centreville @ Oakton

Obviously, these are the games where the Big 4 all play each other. Should be a wild five weeks in the Concorde.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:31PM

poppu Wrote:
> Westfield will steam roll Fairfax.

I'm checking this game out on Friday - can anyone give the lowdown on Westfield's defense? Who are the big-time players over there?

Posted by: asdf123 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 11:45PM

Stuart 37
TJ 35

Posted by: Capt. Morgan ()
Date: September 28, 2011 01:26PM

Centreville and Westfield are both 1-0 in the district and the other teams are either 0-0 or 0-1......Running away right now

Posted by: SayWhat? ()
Date: September 28, 2011 01:40PM

Beating Robinson or Herndon doesn't count. The top 4 in the district are in another league compared to those two.

Posted by: the truth about the rams ()
Date: September 28, 2011 08:59PM

I don't think Robinson is far behind, they did lose 28-0 to Westfield but 2 of their touchdowns were defensive ones. On a good night they should be able to hang around with the big 4 teams.

I expect them to beat one of the big 4 probably Oakton, but I can see them beating Chantilly only because their offense isn't as explosive as Westfield or Centreville. That being said all the big 4 games should be close and lower scoring.

Posted by: Fan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 08:28AM

Westfields offense was off against Robinson. If they came out to play they could of put up 40 on Robinson. Next week Westfield vs. Chantilly will determine who the real teams are to beat

Date: September 29, 2011 03:18PM

Keep in mind WHS 2nd string HB fumbled the ball on robinsons half yard line so it really should of been 35-0 and yeah the offense was off because it had rained that day and the field was wet. If you ever played football you know what the difference between dry grass and wet grass is, it ain't fun playing on wet grass. But I agree, Westfield vs. Chantilly next week will really show us who is for real in the concorde district. Then if WHS and Centreville are both undefeated when that game happens that that'll be the biggest game in the state this year....Record attendance to a football game in this state for that game

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 01, 2011 08:26AM

Here are last night's scores, standings to follow.

Annandale 10 @ West Potomac 45

Centreville 49 @ Hayfield 3

Edison 29 @ Chantilly 70

Herndon 7 @ Broad Run 36

Jefferson 21 @ Stone Bridge 43

Langley 7 @ Madison 13

Marshall 19 @ Mclean 20

Mount Vernon 42 @ Falls Church 0

Robinson 10 @ South County 13

South Lakes 19 @ Louisa County 21

West Springfield 48 @ Woodson 0

Westfield 48 @ Fairfax 0

Yorktown 40 @ Stuart 26

Posted by: northern region standings ()
Date: October 01, 2011 08:39AM

Here are the updated standings. Any suprises really standout? I will start the discussion by saying I had South Lakes competing for a district title and now they are one of the worst teams in the region. Robinson 1-4 is unheard of, and that big 4 in the Concorde just made the season a lot more exciting.

Concorde District
Centreville 5-0 (1-0)
Westfield 5-0 (1-0)
Chantilly 5-0
Oakton 5-0
Robinson 1-4 (0-1)
Herndon 1-4 (0-1)

Liberty District
Stone Bridge 4-1 (2-0)
Fairfax 4-1 (2-0)
Madison 3-2 (2-0)
Langley 3-2 (2-1)
Mclean 3-2 (2-1)
Jefferson 2-3 (0-2)
Marshall 1-4 (0-2)
South Lakes 0-5 (0-2)

National District
Yorktown 5-0 (3-0)
Mount Vernon 3-2 (2-0)
Hayfield 3-2 (1-1)
Edison 2-3 (2-0)
Stuart 2-3 (1-1)
W&L 1-4 (1-2)
Wakefield 0-5 (0-2)
Falls Church 0-5 (0-2)

Patriot District
Lee 4-1 (1-0)
West Potomac 3-2 (2-1)
West Springfield 3-2 (1-1)
Lake Bradock 2-2 (2-0)
South County 2-3 (1-1)
TC Williams 1-3 (0-0)
Annandale 1-4 (0-2)
Woodson 0-5 (0-2)

Posted by: Predictions for Next Week ()
Date: October 01, 2011 12:58PM

Games are on Thursday so the spreads are coming in a little early this week.

Chantilly @ Westfield (-8.5) *Game of the Week
Annandale @ West Springfield (-11.0)
Fairfax (-27.0) @ Marshall
Falls Church @ W&L (-21.0)
Lee (-3.0) @ West Potomac
Madison (-7.0) @ Jefferson
Mclean (-7.0) @ South Lakes
Oakton (-21.0) @ Herndon
Robinson @ Centreville (-20.0)
South County @ Lake Braddock (-6.0)
Stuart (-3.0) @ Mount Vernon
Woodson @ TC Williams (-10.0)
Yorktown (-20.0) @ Edison

Posted by: how last weeks predictions fared ()
Date: October 01, 2011 01:05PM

> Centreville (-28.0) @ Hayfield
Centreville covers the spread 49-3

> Edison @ Chantilly (-28.0)
Chantilly covers the spread 70-29

> Herndon @ Broad Run (-20.0)
Broad Run covers the spread 36-7

> Jefferson @ Stone Bridge (-31.0)
Stone Bridge does not match the spread winning 43-21

> Langley (-9.5) @ Madison
Upset: Madison win 13-7

> Lee @ Oakton (-10.0)
Oakton covers the spread 38-23

> Marshall @ Mclean (-7.0)
Mclean does not match the spread winning 20-19

> Mount Vernon (-21.0) @ Falls Church
Mount Vernon doubles the spread winning 42-0

> Robinson (-7.0) @ South County *Game of the Week
Upset: South County wins 13-10

> West Springfield (-10.5) @ Woodson
Spread was not close, West Springfield dominates 48-0

> Westfield (-20.0) @ Fairfax
Westfield flexes their muscle 48-0 covering the spread

> Yorktown (-21.5) @ Stuart
Yorktown does not cover the spread 40-26

Posted by: SmallChange ()
Date: October 01, 2011 01:06PM

Centreville at home will beat Robinson by more than 20.

Posted by: Madison Win ()
Date: October 01, 2011 01:09PM

Is madison over Langley largest upset (by spread) this year?

Date: October 01, 2011 06:55PM

So I have to say for that Chantilly vs. Westfield game, I don't think the spread should be as big as it is, as a matter of fact I think the teams go in pretty much evenly matched. I may be wrong come thursday however as of now I think either team could win this game.

Posted by: Predictions for Next Week ()
Date: October 02, 2011 09:28AM

Capt. Morgan Wrote:
> So I have to say for that Chantilly vs. Westfield
> game, I don't think the spread should be as big as
> it is, as a matter of fact I think the teams go in
> pretty much evenly matched. I may be wrong come
> thursday however as of now I think either team
> could win this game.

Westfield has just looked so explosive, and beating an unbeaten Fairfax team 48-0 last week was a statement game. That's why the spread is high, and I do think on paper Westfield is a lot better than Chantilly on both sides of the ball.

Chantilly has a lot of pride and will come in fighting, it would not be that suprising at all if Chantilly did come in and win. Chantilly will have to control the clock and run the ball though, they've definitely started passing more and most of the passing game I have seen from Chantilly will not work against Westfield's defense. Although I cannot wait for these Concorde matchups in the regular season, the big 4 will all be in the playoffs, and any of these teams is capable of winning in the postseason regardless of how they fare in the regular season.

Posted by: get real ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:51PM

I know it's a rivalry, but...

Chantilly @ Westfield (-31.0) and that might be generous

Date: October 03, 2011 10:22PM

whoa whoa look, I'm a Westfield Alumni and I love how well our team has played but lets get real, throw records out the window in a rivalry game, we hate each other, Chantilly and Westfield kids hate each other. This game will be closed then the experts think but being a Westfield fan obviously I want WHS to win and I think we have a pretty damn good chance to win but you can never underestimate your opponent. I know what Chantilly week is like at Westfield, it gets crazy there! and I'm sure Westfield week at 'Tilly is just as hyped up. Being a WHS fan I know that my predictions are biased however I say we win modestly

Westield: 24
Chantilly: 21

Posted by: Recrutiter/Fan ()
Date: October 05, 2011 01:30PM

Anybody have highlight tapes or video of some of the best players they would like to share?

Posted by: KjOn ()
Date: October 05, 2011 03:24PM

Kyon Taylor
WR- Lee

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/304986/kyon-taylor

Also below that are his catches against Oakton, "Lee High School vs. Oakton"

Posted by: Slippy ()
Date: October 05, 2011 04:36PM

This kids underrated, but one of top DB's in region no doubt, check the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFISVzmjLs

6-2 190, 4.3 speed.

Posted by: Gameday Preview ()
Date: October 05, 2011 07:08PM

CHANTILLY, VA - Back in 2006, Chantilly was on the way back to respectability after some tough seasons under then new head coach Mike Lalli. The Chargers looked like a team that had potential to get into the playoffs, but few expected them to start their season 7-1.

Across town, a young junior gunslinger by the name of Mike Glennon was off to a great start, leading his Bulldogs to an 8-0 record heading into their meeting with Chantilly.

The rivalry was far from a rivalry. Westfield had never lost to Chantilly, and in fact, the Chargers were never close to beating the Bulldogs in their previous 4 meetings. But on that chilly night in November of 2006, Chantilly arrived, and they gave Westfield all they could handle.

Eventually, the Bulldogs prevailed 34-28, but the Chargers had sent a message that they were ready to compete at the highest level. Later that season, Chantilly pulled off one of the greatest upsets in the Northern Region, beating Westfield's 11-0 team on their home turf in the regional championship game.

It was Chantilly's first win over the Bulldogs, and one that still to this day, doesn't sit well with Westfield football fans.

In 2007, the anticipation for the game between Westfield and Chantilly reached an all time high. Over 8,000 fans packed Westfield's stadium, and created one of the best atmospheres we've ever seen in this area.

Mike Glennon and the Bulldogs got revenge with a 28-16 win, but the rivalry was officially alive.

Chantilly received a 5 touchdown performance from tailback Torrian Pace and returned the favor with a crushing 35-28 win in the regional playoffs the following year, and Westfield defeated the Chargers in 2009 17-14 on a late touchdown by Aaron Scoville after Chantilly had fumbled with the lead inside their own 10 yard line.

In 2010, the Chargers got the better of the Bulldogs twice, rallying to beat them 17-14 at home in the regular season, and ending Westfield's season with a 7-0 victory once again in the regional playoffs.

So as we enter Thursday's game between the two, it is easy to understand why this game has become so important to the community of Chantilly. Both Westfield and Chantilly have won their share of the bouts, both have delivered knockout punches that have resulted in bitter defeats for the other.

The 2011 match-up once again could reach new heights. Westfield comes into the game tabbed as our #1 team in the Gameday Power Poll. Chantilly is ranked 3rd, and both are 5-0.

Westfield hasn't been tested in their five wins, outscoring their opposition 201-26. Chantilly has played tougher competition, with a signature win over Stone Bridge, and has outscored their first five opponents 188-63.

With the anticipation building, there's no question that this rivalry is as healthy as ever. As of Tuesday, both student bodies have been wearing out the social media platforms on facebook and twitter.

For Westfield students, they are tweeting #beatchantilly. For Chantilly students, it's been #beatwestfield. The interest in this game is at an all time high, and rightly so. Many believe that Westfield and Chantilly are the two best teams in the Northern Region this fall, and their impressive starts this season have given few a reason to doubt that.

Could this be just round one of an even bigger game between these two? It's possible, but before we get to that, we have to settle this one on the field Thursday night....Here's the breakdown.

KEY MATCH-UPS:
Presented By: Manhattan Pizza

CHANTILLY OFFENSE VS WESTFIELD DEFENSE:
This game may hinge on Chantilly's ability to move the football on the ground. Westfield's strength on defense is centered around how quickly they swarm to the football. Chantilly's strength on offense is how they leverage defenses with their option game, and power running attack. It's going to be crucial for Chantilly to find success running the ball, because if they do, the pass will open up as well.

The Chargers have the size advantage on the edge with their big receivers. Caleb Reinhardt and Nico Alcalde can create match-up problems for any team, and these two may become a focal point if the Chargers struggle to move the ball on the ground.

Chantilly learned last year that if could run the option on Westfield in their two victories over the Bulldogs in 2010. Quarterback Sonny Romine will need to take care of the football on Thursday, and Chantilly will have to capitalize on the few opportunities Westfield gives you to score with their outstanding defense.

Overall, the advantage goes to Westfield in this match-up. Their defense is the real deal, and they should make it hard for Chantilly to score...

WESTFIELD OFFENSE VS CHANTILLY DEFENSE:
So far in 2011, the Bulldogs have scored quickly and often in each of their 5 games. Matt Pisarcik has managed the offense well, and he's got a ton of weapons to give the ball to. Kendell Anderson has been unstoppable, and Quintin Basil has been a nightmare for opposing defenses as well.

But here's the big question for me. Westfield hasn't been tested much against a high quality defense, and Chantilly is certainly better on that side of the ball than any of the previous 5 opponents the Bulldogs have faced.

The Chargers have been extremely opportunistic, forcing turnovers in each of their five wins that resulted in defensive touchdowns, or a short field for their offense. If they can put Westfield in long yardage situations on 2nd and 3rd downs, the Chargers could find similar opportunities on Thursday night.

The key to stopping Westfield's offense lies in stopping the run game. They can throw the ball, but they want to establish the line of scrimmage first and foremost. If Chantilly can limit, and frustrate Anderson, and most importantly keep him from breaking the big run, their chance of winning this key match-up increases immensely.

The Chantilly secondary will have to play well in this game, and they cannot give up the easy touchdown. I think Westfield will have success at times on Thursday night, but I think Chantilly will show they are more than capable of slowing down one of the most potent offenses in the Northern Region.

KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Presented By: Integrated Sports Medicine

FOR WESTFIELD:

Matt Pisarcik (Quarterback) - Pisarcik is the key cog in the proverbial wheel for Westfield for this reason. If he manages the game well, the Bulldogs have a better than 50% chance to win this one. But if Chantilly gets to him, and forces some bad throws, the game could change on a dime in the favor of the Chargers.

Mo Katz (Linebacker) - Katz, along with fellow linebackers Matt Craft and Mark Gibson will have a tough job on Thursday night. They will have to stop some talented ball carries for the Chargers in Will Hill, Jimmy Hicks, and Cory Donovan. Chantilly will test the Bulldogs in several ways, and Katz and company will need to be where they are supposed to be on a regular basis.

Tyrone Walker (Cornerback) - At 5'9, Walker is the shorter of the two Westfield corners, but both of Chantilly's receivers are 6'2 plus. With the 6'3 Justin Little on the other side of the field for the Bulldogs, the pressure may turn to Walker, who has a distinct size disadvantage against the guys he'll be lining up against on Thursday night. I'd expect to see Chantilly test this match-up several times in this game, and Walker is going to have to be ready.

FOR CHANTILLY:

Sonny Romine (Quarterback) - The guy behind center for Chantilly is the most important guy on the field in Mike Lalli's offense. He throws the ball, runs the ball, and has to make solid decisions in both the run game and passing game. Romine is a great athlete, and he'll need to be on Thursday with the type of defenders he will be getting chased by. If he stays poised, the Chargers have a chance to find success offensively. If Westfield rattles him, the Bulldogs could roll in a big way.

Trent Pace (Tight End) - As they say, the tight end is always open. Trent Pace may just be the perfect guy to hurt Westfield's defense in this contest. He's quicker than most playing tight end, and has great athletic ability. The Chargers will have some opportunities to find Pace down the middle, and if he comes through with some big catches, Chantilly could keep Westfield on their heels defensively.

Caleb Reinhardt (Receiver) - When Chantilly needs a big play down the field, the often times look to Reinhardt. He's a sure handed guy that always seems to step up in key situations with a big catch. Those key moments may again be presented to Reinhardt on Thursday night, and if he delivers, the Chantilly fans may have plenty to cheer about when game ends.

KEYS TO VICTORY:
Presented By: Chantilly Auto Body

For Chantilly:
- Win Turnover Battle
- Find Balance Offensively
- Don't Give Up Big Plays

For Westfield:
- Strike First, Play With The Lead
- Win The Battle Up Front
- Shut Down The Run

EXPERT PROGNOSTICATION:
Presented By: Max Muscle Sports Nutrition

This game is tough to predict. There are so many variables that could allow either side to capture victory. While Westfield certainly enters the game as the favorite with their higher ranking, I'm not sure Chantilly views it that way. The Chargers won both meetings a year ago, and they did it by playing great defense, and neutralizing Westfield's defense with the option.

I think we may see another low scoring game on Thursday night, as both will do everything in their power to establish the run, and also limit the other from hitting the big plays down the field.

Schedule strength comes into play some here for me. Chantilly has already faced a top ten team in Stone Bridge, and they found a way to win the game. Westfield hasn't seen a top ten team yet, and that could hurt them some in this one. Easy wins are great, until you are down by 10 with two quarters left, and need to find a way to pull it out.

Chantilly learned how to do that once this season, and Westfield hasn't had to. Talent wise, I give the edge to Westfield slightly. Depth wise I give the advantage to Westfield, especially up front, where the Bulldogs can rotate numerous big bodies in on both sides of the ball.

The coaching battle will be a dead wash, as both coaching staffs are comprised of outstanding X's and O's guys, and they both know each other well.

So what does this game come down to you ask? How about Special Teams!

Chantilly has a great kicker in Billy Germain, and Westfield has an equally talented one as well in Matt Delaney. Both guys are automatic from about 35 in, and rarely miss extra points.

Chantilly's DeAndre Harris is a dangerous threat returning kickoffs and punts, as is Kendell Anderson and Mark Gibson for Westfield.

The one separator between these two may be Westfield's ability to block kicks. The Bulldogs have several blocks already this year on punts, and have returned a few for touchdowns.

The Chargers will have to be sound in the kicking game, as Westfield will most certainly make an effort to come after a kick or two early.

There's no easy way to soundly choose a winner in this one, because both are outstanding teams. With that said, typically these two alternate knockout punches from year to year, and it's Westfield's turn at a TKO....

My Prediction:
Westfield - 17
Chantilly - 10

Posted by: Meh ()
Date: October 05, 2011 09:04PM

Slippy Wrote:
> This kids underrated, but one of top DB's in
> region no doubt, check the video.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFISVzmjLs
>
> 6-2 190, 4.3 speed.

He's got great speed....but that's about it. He looks like an average football player.

Posted by: Nope ()
Date: October 05, 2011 11:33PM

KjOn Wrote:
> Kyon Taylor
> WR- Lee
>
> http://www.hudl.com/athlete/304986/kyon-taylor
>
> Also below that are his catches against Oakton,
> "Lee High School vs. Oakton"

Sorry, but he doesn't run a 4.3, if you really think he's the same speed as the top recruits in the NFL combines (the fastest players in the entire league) then you obviously have no clue how fast that really is. He's a 4.5-4.6 at BEST.

Posted by: Cmon Man! ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:53AM

Obviously a Lee fan overblowing every stat on Kyon Taylor. The Lee program has him Listed at 6'1" 175--- We all know that is probabably inflated by an inch and 5 pounds most likely, you say 6'2 190 REALLY??? and 4.3 in the 40 and at that size and speed and not 1 Division 1 or 1AA offer REALLY! Back to reality the young man is a really good HS player and maybe even a college talent but lets be a little more realistic with his numbers my man, love the passion and support for your guy though!!!

Posted by: FAN1 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:46AM

Chantilly vs Westfield 10/6/2011 @7:30pm

Biggest game in the Northern Region!!

Scroll to the bottom of the article to check out the promo video.

http://mvp.gamedaymagazine.com/members/media/the-preview-1-westfield-vs-3-chantilly/

Posted by: JHicks7 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:47AM

The Chantilly v Westfield game tonight is gonna be dopeee!!!! Chantilly's gonna come out and beat the living S*** out of Westfield. Come out and watch Jimmy run all over Westfield. Will "the Thrill" Hill is the real deal. Our defense is a bit overrated but who gives a flying f***.

Prediction:

Chantilly 35
Westfield 6

Posted by: Splashy ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:40AM

Cmon Man! Wrote:
> Obviously a Lee fan overblowing every stat on Kyon
> Taylor. The Lee program has him Listed at 6'1"
> 175--- We all know that is probabably inflated by
> an inch and 5 pounds most likely, you say 6'2
> 190 REALLY??? and 4.3 in the 40 and at that
> size and speed and not 1 Division 1 or 1AA offer
> REALLY! Back to reality the young man is a
> really good HS player and maybe even a college
> talent but lets be a little more realistic with
> his numbers my man, love the passion and support
> for your guy though!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 6-2 190 4.3 40 was concerning Marcus Harvey, the second video, not Taylor.

Posted by: gambling question ()
Date: October 06, 2011 11:52AM

So who sets the odds for local HS football games and is there really a gambling market for them complete with bookies and goons who break your leg if you don't pay up on your losses?

Posted by: Wtf ()
Date: October 06, 2011 02:49PM

Nope Wrote:
> KjOn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kyon Taylor
> > WR- Lee
> >
> > http://www.hudl.com/athlete/304986/kyon-taylor
> >
> > Also below that are his catches against Oakton,
> > "Lee High School vs. Oakton"
>
>
> Sorry, but he doesn't run a 4.3, if you really
> think he's the same speed as the top recruits in
> the NFL combines (the fastest players in the
> entire league) then you obviously have no clue how
> fast that really is. He's a 4.5-4.6 at BEST.

Wtf are you talking about....it say's he runs a 4.5.

where did you get 4.3.... nobody said that

Posted by: DontForget ()
Date: October 06, 2011 06:00PM

All the games are tonight due to Jewish holiday on Friday.

Posted by: Football fan ()
Date: October 06, 2011 06:03PM

I saw the Oakton-Lee game. Full disclosure: I am an Oakton dad. Kyon Taylor was the best offensive player I have seen this year. I have no idea how fast he is, but he was uncoverable, and the Oakton D is nothing to sneeze at. I have to believe that if he was at a more high profile program (e.g. Concorde program), he would be getting more attention.

He is a special player.

Posted by: 660 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:53PM

well westfield is killing chantilly right now.

34-7 at half

Posted by: duhh westfield is best ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:27PM

Chantilly struggled with weak teams,this was obvious blowout win for westfield, but homers said no

Posted by: Its westfield vs centreville ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:32PM

Clearly 2 best teams. Oakton sucks, worse than chantilly, theyre struggling with herndon, who is an awful team.

Posted by: Scores ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:58PM

Westfield 40, Chantilly 14

Posted by: More scores ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:05PM

Stone Bridge 28, Langley 0
Centreville 41, Robinson 14

Posted by: Westfield Rules!!!! ()
Date: October 06, 2011 11:23PM

Westfield smacked Chantilly in the mouth. Wasnt even close. Westfield-Centreville however, should be a good game.

Date: October 06, 2011 11:40PM

And what was that about Chantilly possibly beating westfield?.............no! Westfield smacked Chantilly in the mouth. They took the opening kick off to the house! Lets go Westfield!

Posted by: Fan23 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 07:24AM

I told you guys Westfield is the real deal. All of you Chantilly dick suckers shouldn't talk anymore

Posted by: TooFunny ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:41AM

Wow, Chantilly fans got real quiet all of a sudden!

Date: October 07, 2011 10:36AM

After the way Westfield murdered them last night, I'd be quiet too! But I'm not because I'm a Westfield fan until the day I die! I hear the chants of state title game growing louder right now

Date: October 07, 2011 11:00AM

Here are last night's scores. Westfield looks like the real deal, being at the game last night, that score is a lot closer than it indicates. Chantilly should be embarassed, but can play a lot better and will have another big game against undefeated Oakton next Friday, expect Chantilly to return to form. That Westfield-Centreville game in reality will be the game of the year though. Centreville's numbers are right up there with Westfield.

Annandale 0 @ West Springfield 35

Chantilly 14 @ Westfield 40

Fairfax 28 @ Marshall 21

Falls Church 7 @ Washington and Lee 28

Hayfield 47 @ Wakefield 23

Lee 13 @ West Potomac 48
proves eastern fairfax football is a joke this year, when West Po and Hayfield lost by 40 to Centreville

Madison 21 @ TJ 6

Mclean 34 @ South Lakes 14

Oakton 42 @ Herndon 41

Robinson 14 @ Centreville 41

South County 10 @ Lake Braddock 7

Stone Bridge 28 @ Langley 0

Stuart 21 @ Mount Vernon 35

Woodson 14 @ TC Williams 13 (upset of the night)

Yorktown 42 @ Edison 20

Posted by: CountOnIt ()
Date: October 07, 2011 11:21AM

Chantilly will beat Oakton by at least 10, probably more like 20, especially since the game is at Chantilly. Oakton simply isn't that good.

Date: October 07, 2011 11:31AM

Chantilly hasn't beaten Oakton in 3 years am I correct? Oakton returns more than Chantilly and has more talent. I cannot see Chantilly winning this game.

Posted by: CountOnIt ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:07PM

Oakton basically sucked last year, so them returning more is not necessarily a good thing.

Posted by: Oakton Fans ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:38PM

Oakton fans, Oakton is horrible if they could barely beat Herndon. Herdon's offense is sooo bad, and you gave up 41 to them. They have literally one decent player, no oline, and no defense. Yet you almost lost. Oakton is not that good.

Posted by: watchout for red and black baby ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:22PM

all i gotta say is madison is about 100 times better than u bastards gave us credit for. madison will contend with stonebridge in a good game and we'll see who wins the liberty district.

PS Burns has been sucking a dick and madison has allowed only 1 sack this year

Posted by: tilly and oakton ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:24PM

Chantilly and Oakton both have very mediocre offenses and strong defenses. it should actually be a very good game. Expect to see another low scoring game, similar to last years match up

Posted by: RUKidding ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:49PM

tilly and oakton Wrote:
> Chantilly and Oakton both have very mediocre
> offenses and strong defenses. it should actually
> be a very good game. Expect to see another low
> scoring game, similar to last years match up

LOL, yeah, much like that 42-41 win over Herndon. A real defensive struggle there!

Posted by: Woodson -TC Williams ?? ()
Date: October 07, 2011 08:29PM

Can some please post a summary of the WTW vs TCW game? I heard TCW had a chance late but WTW held them on downs.

Posted by: concorde>anyone else ()
Date: October 08, 2011 02:09PM

the concorde district has hands-down the best four teams in the region. any of these teams can beat eachother on any given night.

Posted by: Meh- ()
Date: October 08, 2011 03:39PM

concorde>anyone else Wrote:
> the concorde district has hands-down the best four
> teams in the region. any of these teams can beat
> eachother on any given night.

Maybe, but I predict Oakton will go 1-3 in their last 4 games, beating Robinson and losing to Chantilly, Westfield, and Centreville.

Date: October 08, 2011 04:55PM

concorde>anyone else Wrote:
> the concorde district has hands-down the best four
> teams in the region. any of these teams can beat
> eachother on any given night.

couldn't agree more! Will be the top 4 teams in this years Northern Region Playoffs, most likely two teams will be in the Regional playoffs will be from the Concorde district

Date: October 08, 2011 05:31PM

I think Oakton will beat Chantilly and Robinson but Centreville and Robinson will be toss ups

Posted by: final concorde ()
Date: October 08, 2011 06:22PM

The top four will be toss-ups with the top two(CVHS + WHS) being the top dogs.

Westfield v. Centreville will honestly be anybody's game. Nobody should even try to predict it.

Westfield > Oakton
Centreville > Oakton
Chantilly > Oakton
Oakton > Robinson
Centreville > Chantilly
Chantilly > Robinson

Posted by: Dudes ()
Date: October 08, 2011 09:53PM

Oakton obviously has a terrible defense. Herndon's offense is undescribably bad. They have one, one decent player (the qb). No recievers, no runningbacks, definately no oline. They will lose to Chantilly, no doubt.

Posted by: why ()
Date: October 09, 2011 11:25AM

Why are there so many oakton haters? 6-0 is 6-0. I don't care how they got there;they are a very good football team.

Date: October 09, 2011 12:32PM

why Wrote:
> Why are there so many oakton haters? 6-0 is 6-0. I
> don't care how they got there;they are a very good
> football team.

Your right, they've done very well up to this point, but there is no denying this will be Oakton's toughest test by far up to this point on Friday. Oakton is more than capable of beating Chantilly, but is not getting respect because they played their worst game of the year last Friday.

I do think they are not as good as Chantilly after seeing them both play, and I think both are below Westfield and Centreville, but those top 4 teams can beat anyone on a given night.

Posted by: Observant Minds ()
Date: October 09, 2011 01:37PM

why Wrote:
> Why are there so many oakton haters? 6-0 is 6-0. I
> don't care how they got there;they are a very good
> football team.

It's because Oakton has not beaten anybody. They also allowed 41 to HERNDON! Everyone whose watched Herndon play knows they are terrible. And they put up 41 on Oakton! There's no excuse for that. I dont know how you could allow even 14 to them, their offense is very bad. Chantilly is coming off a big loss, so I dont know how that will affect psyche.

Date: October 09, 2011 02:44PM

The game between Chantilly and Oakton will be a battle as always, but in recent history Oakton has won. And I expect a battle again this Friday with the same result Oakton coming out on top.

Date: October 09, 2011 06:25PM

Chantilly has too much pride, to not win by a comfortable margin against an inferior Oakton team, after the way they got their ass kicked last week.

The fact that Oakton is undefeated, and looking at previous results against them, will wake up Chantilly even more. Oakton is a good team, but as mentioned above, giving up 41 points to Oakton has to be a major concern, I saw them play once and I thought they looked a lot better than that, so maybe it was a fluke.

Prediction: Chantilly 28, Oakton 14

Posted by: Week 7 Spread ()
Date: October 09, 2011 06:36PM

Edison @ Stuart (-6.5)

Herndon (-3.0) @ W&L

Jefferson (-7.0) @ Fairfax *Upset of the week

Lake Braddock @ Robinson (-6.0) Co-Game of the Week, Robinson has to win this to regain any respect and avoid an 8 loss season

Marshall @ Stone Bridge (-42.0)

Mclean @ Centreville (-38.0)

Mount Vernon @ Hayfield (-7.0)

Oakton @ Chantilly (-9.5) *Co-Game of the Week

South County @ Lee Even: editors pick is Lee

South lakes @ Madison (-14.0)

TC Williams @ West Springfield (-13.0)

Wakefield (-1.0) @ Falls Church *The battle to not be the worst, only shot remaining to win for the worst two teams in the Northern Region

West Potomac @ Westfield (-35.5)

Yorktown (-10.0) @ Langley

Posted by: mdizzlefoshizzle ()
Date: October 10, 2011 12:30AM

what about woodson annandale? give us a spread on that one

Posted by: week 7 ()
Date: October 10, 2011 02:32AM

Left that one out

Woodson @ Annandale (-7.5)

Posted by: hmmmmmm ()
Date: October 10, 2011 08:07PM

Dudes Wrote:
> Oakton obviously has a terrible defense. Herndon's
> offense is undescribably bad. They have one, one
> decent player (the qb). No recievers, no
> runningbacks, definately no oline. They will lose
> to Chantilly, no doubt.

This Makes no sense when one of their recievers has 7 touchdowns? I'm pretty sure thats top 3 in the State?

Posted by: Dudes ()
Date: October 10, 2011 08:30PM

hmmmmmm Wrote:
> Dudes Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oakton obviously has a terrible defense.
> Herndon's
> > offense is undescribably bad. They have one,
> one
> > decent player (the qb). No recievers, no
> > runningbacks, definately no oline. They will
> lose
> > to Chantilly, no doubt.
>
> This Makes no sense when one of their recievers
> has 7 touchdowns? I'm pretty sure thats top 3 in
> the State?

Herndon's offense is the one Im saying is horrible. But Oakton still let them put up 6 touchdowns. Have you seen Herndon play? They are awful. Chantilly by 3 touchdowns.

Posted by: Bill Willman ()
Date: October 10, 2011 09:11PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Chantilly has too much pride, to not win by a
> comfortable margin against an inferior Oakton
> team, after the way they got their ass kicked last
> week.
>
> The fact that Oakton is undefeated, and looking at
> previous results against them, will wake up
> Chantilly even more. Oakton is a good team, but
> as mentioned above, giving up 41 points to Oakton
> has to be a major concern, I saw them play once
> and I thought they looked a lot better than that,
> so maybe it was a fluke.

Chamtilly is a fraud, and they were exposed by a far superior Westfield team. Oakton obviously took Herndon for granted, but don't expect them to see the fakers (Chamtilly) that way.

Oakton 35 Chamtilly 21

Posted by: PREDICTION ()
Date: October 10, 2011 10:28PM

Oakton wins 17-10

Chantilly falls to 0-2 in the concorde

Posted by: Smam F ()
Date: October 10, 2011 11:14PM

Im a herndon fan, Oakton's defense is bad-they gave up several 70 plus yard touchdowns to a pretty slow team. Our main qb also didnt even throw two of three passing touchdowns we had. Chantilly is better than Oakton.

I predict a 35-10 win Chantilly.

Posted by: Take your pick ()
Date: October 11, 2011 07:33AM

what are your picks for the woodson @ annandale game?

I see woodson wining this one

Posted by: the man ()
Date: October 11, 2011 07:50AM

They are both bad so who cares, but WTW

Date: October 11, 2011 05:26PM

Well Chantilly is gonna jump all over Oakton so it's ok, Things are going the way they should in the Concorde district this week and I think Centreville and Westfield should both win by at least 40 points this week.

Posted by: chargerknight ()
Date: October 11, 2011 06:00PM

Chantilly wins 28-14, no way they lose to Oakton this year, the fraud talk is just motivation so keep talking.

Posted by: hicks7 ()
Date: October 11, 2011 07:53PM

yo we bout to kill the cougars this week imma run all over CJ Reinman

Posted by: yo ()
Date: October 11, 2011 08:32PM

hicks7 Wrote:
> yo we bout to kill the cougars this week imma run
> all over CJ Reinman

cj will literally shit on you kid

Posted by: Neutral ()
Date: October 11, 2011 09:35PM

With Oaktons new spread offense they are averaging 35 points a game with a defense led by 1st team all met watch Cj Riemann. Chantilly just does not have the skill to compete

Posted by: football fan ()
Date: October 11, 2011 10:21PM

Neutral Wrote:
> With Oaktons new spread offense they are averaging
> 35 points a game with a defense led by 1st team
> all met watch Cj Riemann. Chantilly just does not
> have the skill to compete

Oakton has been running the spread for years now, but now they run a hurry up which will hurt Chantilly's substititions. CJ is a beast by the way.

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: October 11, 2011 11:29PM

Why do all you OLD people like LITTLE BOYS?!?

Weird...are you ALL pedophiles?

A Minor Threat

Posted by: FU ()
Date: October 12, 2011 09:32AM

postpoppunk Wrote:
> Why do all you OLD people like LITTLE BOYS?!?
>
> Weird...are you ALL pedophiles?

Go back to watching your videos of 14-year-old Romanian gymnasts. We won't tell.

Posted by: chargerfan ()
Date: October 12, 2011 06:02PM

Oakton sucks. They are gonna lose the rest of their games too. They will not win the beat the big three. They have no offense. They gave up 40 to Herndon!!! Are you kidding.... Chantilly 44 Oakton 17

Posted by: Analyst ()
Date: October 12, 2011 06:26PM

Does anyone think Langley will pull off the upset vs Yorktown? It looks like Yorktown's last true test on schedule.

Posted by: oaktonfan ()
Date: October 12, 2011 06:54PM

chargerfan Wrote:
> Oakton sucks. They are gonna lose the rest of
> their games too. They will not win the beat the
> big three. They have no offense. They gave up 40
> to Herndon!!! Are you kidding.... Chantilly 44
> Oakton 17

Thats why they are averaging 36 points a game...tilly wouldnt be close to that if it werent for that 70 point game against a crappy Edison team

Date: October 12, 2011 08:34PM

Enough of the trash talking... None of you guys would say this in person so stop talking and wait for Friday night...

Good lord

Date: October 13, 2011 09:59AM

All 3 gameday experts have selected Chantilly.

Posted by: SpongeBub ()
Date: October 13, 2011 11:17AM

Lol at Oakton fans saying they will win because they did last year, as if the past matters now. Oakton has a very bad defense, proof-40 points to freaking Herndon. And gave up two touchdowns of the same trick play? Chantilly will run wild on Oakton, I'd say 35-21 Chantilly.

Posted by: yktisthebest ()
Date: October 13, 2011 12:11PM

Who cares about the concorde district, the best team is in the National district this year, YORKTOWN!!!!!! Everyone is talking about Westfield, Centreville, Chantilly Oakton, Yorktown would beat all of them.

They have the best RB, QB and HC in the region, hands down! Look at the tapes you will see what I am talking about. Nobody will stop them.

They can run or pass to beat you, and the defense is very fast.

Date: October 13, 2011 01:18PM

You're belief that Yorktown could stand up to the Big 3 is amusing, given the fact that Westfield just K.O'ed Chantilly and beat up already on two undefeated teams who supposedly were "good". I admire the fact that you love your team, but making statements like that make you sound like you do hallucinogens or that you are constantly smoking pot. Yorktown vs. Westfield? Westfield would drop 60 points on them. Yorktown vs. Centreville? centreville would drop 60 points on them. Chantilly/Oakton vs. Yorktown? they would drop 60 points on yorktown. Case and point when you play against real teams that actually compete for state recognition then you can talk, until then you're only a hater who wants to play with the big dogs....even though he never can

Date: October 13, 2011 01:26PM

getting back to actual football teams. Chantilly and Oakton play this week, ummmm lets go Chantilly to win by 3 touchdowns this week. Oakton hasn't tasted defeat yet and Chantilly is coming off an ass whooping that could have been a hell of a lot worse. Chantilly takes out there anger on Oakton and shows why Oakton is a mediocre player in the Concorde district this year. Centreville and Westfield will both roll this week, putting them at 7-0 respectively on the year and putting Oakton and Chantilly at 6-1 each.

Posted by: yorkt ()
Date: October 13, 2011 01:37PM

Yorktown is 6-0 and is putting up numbers as well as any Concorde team.

They may not beat westfield and Centreville, but they would beat Chantilly and Oakton for sure.

They will be the D5 NR champs.

Date: October 13, 2011 07:35PM

I can't wait till Oakton goes on to Chantilly's home turf and smacks them right in the mouth. Then all you Chantilly homers can go hide in your corner and cry.

Posted by: loko ()
Date: October 13, 2011 07:45PM

You're forgetting that Yorktown is playing within a weaker district. The team hasent seen the competition other teams have played.

Posted by: congrats ()
Date: October 13, 2011 08:08PM

chantilly may have but up 70 on edison, but edison still scored almost 40 on tilly. proof that any defense can have a bad game. nice to see they both got it out of their systems and we get to watch a good game tomorrow night

Posted by: Competition? ()
Date: October 13, 2011 08:35PM

Good players are good, no matter how you slice it. Yorktown has 2 of the best in the region in their qb and rb. Only westfield has a better runningback in terms of talent. Their qb may very well be the best in the region, definately the best dual threat. Chantilly and Oakton are not that great, Yorktown would lose to Westfield by a good amount I believe, but would play Centreville tough. Oakton is so overrated, they let up 41 to Herndon-Yorktown beat Herndon 41-7. Beat them worse than Centreville did. AND Yorktown was up 34-0 before Herndon even score, all before halftime. So I can honestly say region rankings should look like-

1. Westfield
2. Yorktown
3. Centreville
4. Chantilly
5. Stone Bridge (honestly though, I think SB would win if they play again)
6. Oakton
7. Everyone else (some of these teams would beat Oakton, but none would beat the teams above Oakton)

Posted by: Fred Mertz ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:02PM

congrats Wrote:
> chantilly may have but up 70 on edison, but edison
> still scored almost 40 on tilly. proof that any
> defense can have a bad game. nice to see they both
> got it out of their systems and we get to watch a
> good game tomorrow night

Chantilly's D is a joke, and it puts them at the bottom of the best, where ever that is.

Posted by: charger knight ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:26PM

Chantilly's defense is a lot stronger then their offense. Their inability to score against good defenses is what puts them below Westfield and Centreville at the moment. When they start just pounding the ball up the middle like they did for years, instead of trying to beat these great defenses along the outside with slow backs is when the results will get better. Torrian Pace is gone, Chantilly has some good physical backs that are made for running up the middle but will not beat teams along the outside.

Pass coverage is a little weak, but take out the Westfield game and no one has scored over 14 on them (the Edison game was a couple bs touchdowns with 3rd string defense when Chantilly was going for 70 which doesn't count)

Posted by: You guys are slow ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:30PM

First, Chantilly gave up 29 to Edison dumbasses. Second, Chantilly was up 28-0, then up 42-7 at halftime. They were up 56-15 at beginning of the fourth. If you were moderately intelligent, you would know backups were in during the third quarter. Chantilly will punish Oakton, who should have gone to OT vs Herndon, and would have probably lost to them. They still won 70-29, Edison needed two more scores against Chantilly's second team defense to even get to 40. Wow.

Posted by: Also c-knight ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:33PM

Chantilly's runningbacks are not power runners, theyre just average runners. I think both run at least 4.6s, so they're decently fast. Their d is solid, can shut down every team except Westfield, Yorktown, and Centreville.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.