HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any Opinions On Centreville Goodyear (Gemini)
Posted by: Donna Jean ()
Date: November 20, 2007 10:15AM

I just brought my car in for the 3rd time to fix a simple noise, these guys seem like bozo's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any Opinions On Centreville Goodyear (Gemini)
Posted by: guest ()
Date: November 20, 2007 10:29AM

My husband and I take our cars there regularly for oil changes and other work. We haven't had any problems. They are a little pricey with some things though. Have you tried Centreville Tire and Auto?

Posted by: Incubus ()
Date: November 21, 2007 11:46AM

That place is ok for a oil change or simple maintenance but I would n't trust them for anything major as they don't seem too knowledgeable. They will give you a ride if you live within 5 miles which is convenient but they do tend to charge a lot.

Posted by: obsession ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:11AM

What's that one place down 29 when you go by Bentree Apartments? I think it's a Midas or something, but don't know if it's closed down.

Date: January 02, 2008 11:47AM

If this is the Goodyear down 29 by that storage place and the new office buildings (the one with Dunkin' Donuts) I would go somewhere else. We took my boyfriends car there to have some work done. When we went to pick it up the total was double what it should have been. Turns out they did a bunch of work on the car that we specifically told them not to do, and then tried to charge us for it. In the end we didn't have to pay the extra cost, but who wants to deal with the hassle?

Posted by: Anon-119 ()
Date: January 02, 2008 12:56PM

We have used them for years. Although expensive, they are fair, and cheaper than the dealer for brakes etc.

Posted by: CentrevilleJ ()
Date: January 03, 2008 09:03PM

I took my car to that place once for an inspection. It was returned to me with the ignition switch broken. I thought it was odd that they'd left the car running while I paid, and didn't think much else of it. When I went out to climb in my car, the mechanic ran off, ignoring my friendly question about what they found when they inspected it.

When I got home, I couldn't turn the car off. I had to use a pair of pliers to get the key out of the ignition. When I complained that they could at least have _told_ me my car was unusable, the manager said it was my problem and that they'd tow my car back and fix it, but that I'd have to pay for not only the repair but the tow. Maybe the ignition just happened to break at that moment... who knows. But the fact that they sent me off in a car that was obviously dangerous is inexcusable.

In the interest of fairness, this incident was over five years ago and maybe they've changed. But I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Posted by: daddyO ()
Date: January 14, 2008 04:39PM

The only place in NOVA to take your care is Hometown Auto Care in Chantilly. They towed me in for free! Go there all the time for stuff. www.hometownautocare.com

Posted by: § ()
Date: January 14, 2008 07:55PM

That's funny, because I take my "care" everywhere. LOL. -§

Posted by: They Don't Back Up Their Work ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:45PM

Took a car in to them for inspection, they told me I needed new tires. I took it to costco to get new tires (because gemini's were low quality/ high price) and they couldn't get the lugnuts on the rear wheels off without a chance of breaking the studs (because they had been put on cross threaded). I took it back to have gemini take the lugnut off, they cracked the stud, replaced it and then handed me a bill. I told them they were the last ones to put the lugnuts on, and that I wasn't going to pay anything (not even parts) for their mistake, took my keys and left. To me that's shoddy workmanship and even shoddier customer service. Go to an independent like advanced automotive in Chantilly, even if you have to arrange a ride for yourself, it's better than having to arrange a tow truck on the side of the road after gemini's techs get through with your car.

Bozo's? An understatement
Posted by: Smokenman ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:49PM

I had the same problem. I brought my car in for "rough engine noise" and even told them I suspected tranny problems but their "experts" insisted the noise was exhaust related and that the car needed a new manifold gasket as well as extension pipe from the manifold. $350 worth of unnecessary exhaust work done later the engine noise is still there and the tranny blew out a week later. Now I have no car and they have yet to respond to my complaint. Anyone know any decent lawyers?

Posted by: NL ()
Date: February 04, 2008 11:46AM

I had a similar experience as well. Brought my car in for minor work, got it home (2 blocks away) and noticed a horrible burning smell. Brought the car right back in and was told that oil had leaked all over the engine, and it would be $200-ish to steam clean the whole thing.

When I pointed out that I had picked the car up 3 minutes ago and it must have been their fault, their only response was that it "must have been a coincidence" and they refused to discuss it further.

Never brought any of my cars back there again. Since we own all Honda vehicles, we just go to Pohanka Acura now...it's more expensive, but they don't screw around with you.

Posted by: Mich ()
Date: June 11, 2008 11:44AM

I go there only for inspections and oil changes. After an inspection on a car that only had 5000 miles on it, they said I needed a new air filter. I told them that I would take it to the dealer for that since it was new. I checked the filter myself when I got home and I could tell that they hadn't even open the air box. They were just trying to sell something more. I've also had them tell me I needed repairs on other cars, I then took it to someone else who would then tell me that the repairs were NOT needed. I would always recommend getting a second opinion on any repairs they try to sell you.

Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: July 04, 2008 09:55AM

I worked there. This is not a good place to take your car, the tire department especially, they like to take shortcuts. They don't use a torque stick when tightening lugnuts, which can lead to breaking or crossthreading. They leave tires unbalanced, i remember one particular instance where i was having trouble getting a tire perfect, and it was still off by .25 on one side, i was told to "just leave it, they wont feel it." And most, if not ALL times, when a customer pays for nitrogen in his/ her tires, they don't get it, all that happens is a green cap is placed on the tires to indicate it, when in actuality, there is only normal air in the tires. Take your car to the dealer if you care about your vehicle. I work at a dealer now, and the difference between work quality is like night and day.

Posted by: yikes ()
Date: July 15, 2008 09:33AM

That places sucks. after bringing my car in, i always leave with it having a new problem. i think they break something on purpose so you come back for more business.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: July 16, 2008 09:37PM

The Centreville Goodyear has been suspect for many years.

It's been a while, but I used to use Morty's on Willard Rd. Good service, fair prices. In the Sterling area, I'd recommend C&C or Curry's.

Posted by: Kelley ()
Date: August 16, 2008 11:28AM

I agree with one of the other posts, I've had problems everywhere. I got totally ripped off by a shop and a friend told me to call Hometown Auto Care in Chantilly. They towed my car from the bad shop to their shop for free and completely fixed my problem for super cheap. I'll never take my car anywhere else now.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 21, 2008 10:12PM

I use them occasionally for oil changes. They do tend to project a bozo image, and whenever I take my car elsewhere for maintenance I am often told "hey man you have a serious oil pan leak here" I have to tell them to just wipe it down because the Goodyear guys leave a mess. They always wipe it down and find no leak.

Posted by: myspaceaddict ()
Date: September 09, 2008 07:49PM

They put in the oil plug crooked and stripped the oil pan... it leaked all over my parking spots and when I took it back they said nothing was wrong with what they did and I must have wrecked my car... my dad had to replace the oil pan for me. Idiots. The sad thing was, it was one of those, welcome to the area, please try a free oil filter on us... no thanks. Oh and I had two new large scratches on the bumper of my car when I picked it up. Had I not been looking for a new car already I mighta caused a stink but it just didn't seem worth it. Customer beware! Don't go here!!!

GRAYSON, GA 30017 GOODYEAR GEMINI
Posted by: WELL WISHER ()
Date: December 17, 2008 01:58PM

NEVER BUY 4 TIME OIL CHANGE FOR 29.95 SCAM I HAVE BEEN THERE AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME YOU HAVE TO FIX SOME OF YOUR ROTATION,BATTERY OR SOME THING THEN OIL CHANGE IS FREE..
THERE IS NO 4 TIME OIL CHANGE FOR 29.95...((((( IT'S A BIG CATCH )))) bEWARE
GUYS..

Re: Any Opinions On Centerville Goodyear (Gemini)
Posted by: Jennifer Osiek ()
Date: February 11, 2009 02:21PM

I am trying to locate ANYONE that has had issues with GOODYEAR in Centerville/Lithonia Georgia over 2 years ago. Please please contact me!

Posted by: tdi owner ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:32PM

I experienced incompetent and unscrupulous practices from this service station on what should have been a simple oil change. After being charged extra for removing the skid pan from my car, and extra for needing more than 5 quarts of oil, I found they had replaced only two of the eight screws holding the pan to the car. I then read the official service manual to discover the car takes only 4.5 liters of oil at MAX capacity. Never again! I almost didn't take the time to write this, but if I can save one person from getting taken by them, it'll be worth it.

Any Opinions On Centreville Goodyear (Gemini)
Posted by: Upset cust0mer ()
Date: June 14, 2011 07:04PM

I took my car in for a simple oil change and tire rotation and it took 4.5 hours! They didn't even have my address right, when I tried to tell them it was wrong they argued with me! I'll never take my car back there again. Am I the only one who's had trouble there?

Posted by: Ms ProVallone ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:50AM

My sister use to get her car worked on there one time she had her oil changed there too. Once, they did not screw the oil pan on tight and they kept telling her there was nothing wrong and they refused to fix it.. She never went back again.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:59AM

Ms ProVallone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My sister use to get her car worked on there one
> time she had her oil changed there too. Once,
> they did not screw the oil pan on tight and they
> kept telling her there was nothing wrong and they
> refused to fix it.. She never went back again.

Is your sister hot?

Date: June 18, 2011 08:25PM

ProVallone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ms ProVallone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My sister use to get her car worked on there
> one
> > time she had her oil changed there too. Once,
> > they did not screw the oil pan on tight and
> they
> > kept telling her there was nothing wrong and
> they
> > refused to fix it.. She never went back again.
>
> Is your sister hot?

You just wait till I see you. Is your mammy hot ProVallon? You should ask her sometimes?

Posted by: Good Year Sucks. ()
Date: July 27, 2011 09:21PM

for oil changes and simple things its good. other than that take it somewhere else. beware that if you need major work done; they will do the work even if you say no. then you have to pay the bill when you pick up your car. some of the guys can be nice but others are complete assholes and very rude.

Posted by: i hate goodyear ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:39PM

i worked there and i strongly suggest not taking your car there as one person said above they are lazy they leave lugnuts loose on purpose to customers that make them mad...they rape you on prices always try and sell you stuff you dont really need thats but thats the only way people make money there because they under pay there employees!!! dont go there!!!!! go to currys or midas

Posted by: Ryno78 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 11:44PM

Check this out. A technician recently crashed one customers car into another while pulling it in the bay. They gave her her car back and did not tell her they damaged it. Luckily she noticed that her bumper was crushed exposing the inner foam before she left. Only then did the manager offer to fix it. On a different occasion a now former employee sideswiped a pole with a customers dully truck. He said nothing to the customer when he handed him the keys and when the customer returned the next day for something unrelated he mentioned that somebody sideswiped his truck the night before. Besides overcharging they will fuck your car up. Do not go there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2011 11:45PM by Ryno78.

Posted by: MelissaSue ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:30AM

Hmmmm. I went there for a inspection and oil change. The gal shuttle driver sure was nice. hope my car is ok.

Posted by: ramintjoo ()
Date: November 24, 2011 06:30AM

Goooooooooooood info

Posted by: Bo ()
Date: January 02, 2012 07:37AM

Went there for a simple oil change. After oil leaked for days, I popped open the hood and found they forgot to put the oil cap back on. It was an oil field in there. Brought it back and they questioned me because they could not find my car in their system?

Posted by: James C. ()
Date: January 14, 2012 07:11PM

I would NOT recommend them for anything other than fluid changes or VERY simple maintenance like new tires or brake lights (although the latter should be done yourself). My mom's friend had a wheel fall off 50 ft from the location because lug nuts were not put back on. My left side mirror was knocked off while in their possession and I had to bitch for days to get it fixed for free. There have been other issues as well, and a general lack of customer service by a bunch of punk kids. Keep in mind when I say that, I'm 25.

Date: January 16, 2012 09:38AM

Don't go there. That is all I am going to say. Family member of mine had a very bad experience not once, but twice and I refuse to take my vehicles to them period.

Posted by: Reno ()
Date: March 28, 2015 02:51PM

I've had nothing but trouble with them. Not recommended.

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: April 04, 2015 05:57PM

We have been taking our three cars to Centreville Tire and Auto in Centreville since we bought our house in 1996, we never had a problem with them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.